Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 03:02 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 03:02

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.87
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: ISB Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Please evaluate my profile for ISB

I belong to the Indian IT male category. I am working as an SAP FICO consultant for Accenture and have total work-ex of 44 months in the same firm. I am planning to give first attempt at GMAT in AUG ’18(will target 730+). After MBA I see myself working as a Strategy/Management/Financial consultant.

My profile is as follows:
1) Thought I have a technical academic background (B.Tech - ECE) I am working as an SAP FICO consultant for Accenture and have total work-ex of 44 months in the same firm.
2) My GPA is 7.8(81%) and I have scored 93% and 80% in my 10th and 12th class respectively.
3) I have visited some European countries on official assignments and have a decent international exposure.
Extra curriculars:
1) I have been participating in extracurricular activities like quizzes,debates,sports etc. since my school days. Also I was office bearer in my school and college. (Positions like –
Captain, Prefect, Head boy, Secretary etc.)
2) I have been playing volleyball since 8th standard. I have represented my school and college at different competitions. Now I am part of Accenture volleyball team and represent my
company at various inter-company tournaments.
3) I actively take part in CSR initiatives taken by Accenture.
VP
VP
Affiliations: MBAkarma
Own Kudos [?]: 213 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.75
Send PM
Hello Abhi0108

In a gist you have a decent shot at ISB considering your profile and expected score.
However, you must show a need for an MBA. Also, moving in Financial Consulting sounds realistic, how are you planning to show transferable skills to move to Strategy Consulting- do some research on that.
Secondly, you will have to display some diversity either through your extracurricular or work ex. Be prepared to showcase how you will be a good addition to the class and how will your peers benefit from your presence.
Coming back to work ex, you have mentioned years and organization, but ISB is more interested to know about your Career Progress and Achievements. you have not mentioned anything about that. Also, international exposure or extracurricular activities is fine but what have you learned and how does that make you more suited for an MBA?
I'll say you're surely in that sweet spot that ISB looks for- close to 5 yeas (by the time you start) and 730 GMAT. Minus is the IIM (Indian IT Male)- so compensate for that with a strong written application that highlights your individuality.
Lastly, stop seeing yourself as some bullet points to assess your chances, look at the stories and impact behind each of these to improve your chances.

Best
Varun Sharma
+919137133507
Free Profile Review
Website
Blog
Quora
LinkedIn

Abhi0108 wrote:

I belong to the Indian IT male category. I am working as an SAP FICO consultant for Accenture and have total work-ex of 44 months in the same firm. I am planning to give first attempt at GMAT in AUG ’18(will target 730+). After MBA I see myself working as a Strategy/Management/Financial consultant.
1) Thought I have a technical academic background (B.Tech - ECE) I am working as an SAP FICO consultant for Accenture and have total work-ex of 44 months in the same firm.
2) My GPA is 7.8(81%) and I have scored 93% and 80% in my 10th and 12th class respectively.
3) I have visited some European countries on official assignments and have a decent international exposure.
Extracurricular:
1) I have been participating in extracurricular activities such as quizzes,debates etc. since my school days. Also I was office bearer in my school and college. (Positions like – Captain, Prefect,
Head boy, Secretary etc.)
2) I have been playing volleyball since 8th standard. I have represented my school and college at different competitions. Now I am part of Accenture volleyball team and represent my
company at various inter company tournaments.
4) I love trekking and camping and have been part of many trekking groups.
Experts' Global Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 69 [1]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Abhi0108 wrote:

Extra curriculars:
1) I have been participating in extracurricular activities like quizzes,debates,sports etc. since my school days. Also I was office bearer in my school and college. (Positions like –
Captain, Prefect, Head boy, Secretary etc.)
company at various inter-company tournaments.

Hello Abhi0108,

Thanks for sharing the details.

Considering the duration of your work experience, international exposure, and extra-curricular engagements, there are a number of strong elements in your profile. Of course, it would have been nice to know how your career has progressed as well.

Having said the above, since you belong to the Indian-Male-IT pool, an over-represented category at business schools, you will need to work at differentiating your case. A GMAT score of 730 is a good target since it is about 20 points above the average GMAT score at ISB. However, beyond the GMAT, you will need to focus on putting together a set of essays that focus on your profile highlights, your ability to contribute to the experience of your classmates, and, above all, why you deserve the ISB admit. Most importantly, the portrayal of your career goals should be executed in a way that the short-term and long-term goals are in complete sync with your professional experience.

To summarize, with the GMAT score you are aiming for, as well as a set of promising essays, you have a strong chance at cracking ISB! :-)

Should you wish to discuss this in greater detail, feel free to reach out.

All the best! :-)
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Hi

10th- 86% in ICSE
12th-61%
B tech- 7.8(Electronics and Instrumentation from Tier-2 College)

Work ex- 47months in Infosys as a Mainframe Application Developer.
Worked as a Mainframe Application Developer working in Cobol for an insurance client and then for an Utilities client(one of the biggest of Infy).Was one of the top performers.Developed effort saving tool for EDI and was appreciated by business clients.Progressed from System Engineer to Senior System Engineer and was handling a team of 5.Trained freshers coming into the project.Was the point of contact for multiple critical business functionalities(for clients too).Worked in multiple critical government mandate projects.

Gmat- planning to give this July(Target 730+)

Extra- Co founded a start up in food industry(It was a late night food delivery service.Cooking being one of my hobby) which ran successfully for 2 months.Had to shut it down due to some unavoidable circumstances.(Took care of the Operation and Finances too)

Won inter university quizzes and a national level quiz in my UG
Partcipated in many quizzes.

Winner of state level competitions in School

Organised seminars and conferences during College

Was in NCC during my school days.Awarded B certificate in NCC.

Completed BEC-Higher conducted by Cambridge ESOL

Participated in National level Competiton by National Instruments and selected to pre final rounds from more than 500 + teams nation wide.

Volunteer for an NGO from the last 2 years.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Schools: NTU '20 (A)
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.1
Send PM
Profile:

Bachelors : BE(Hons) Electrical and Electronics - BITS Pilani
    Masters : MSc. Physics
    GPA : 7.5 / 10
    GMAT : 730 (Q-50, V-40, IR-7 , AWA- Awaited), just gave the GMAT on 26th May.

Work Experience

2 years as Business Analyst catering to Commercial Aviation.
    Have worked with some of the largest airlines in the world in terms of implementations and health Checks
    Traveled extensively in South East Asia - Vietnam, Seychelles , Japan, Papua New Guinea etc. working with clients with diverse business needs and hailing from different cultures and traditions
    Assisted Marketing teams in Sales pursuits - this is my primary motivation for an MBA
    Designed an automated Health Check and Business Value Calculator which has yielded dividends of 100,000 USD to the company in terms of Change requests

Internship
    Have interned with AOL India working as an Assistant Editor for Coolage one of their entities. Contributed over 150 articles over a span of 2 years and led a team of 20 bloggers.
    Also interned with Times of India - Goa and Maharashtra circle ., have contributed several articles of them, many of which have been published.

Rewards and Recognition:
    Awarded employee of the quarter among 1300 employees in Bangalore. Youngest employee to be given the award since the company's inception in BLR.
    Promoted within 1 year of joining.

Can you please help me evaluate my profile for ISB?

Thanks in advance :-)
VP
VP
Send PM
Hello Tejaswikanoongo

You have a few things going for you. Sweet spot in years of work ex, target GMAT (if you achieve it) and interesting extracurricular activities.
However ISB will look at your profile holistically and judge you on-
Academic potential- Looking at your profile 730+ is the way to go. It will compensate for weak high school (12th) and average B.Tech grades. It will give AdCom the confidence that you will be able to handle the academic pressure.
Quality of Work Ex Years and industry is one thing. But ISB is more interested in knowing about your career progress and achievements. SO more that your technical role highlight the business impact you have had.
Diversity This is a weaker area of your profile with respect to the company/industry. However you can compensate that with your extracurricular activities. Be prepared to showcase how you will be a good addition to the class and how your peers will benefit from your presence.
Clarity of GoalsMost important part of your application. Why MBA? What are your post MBA goals? Why cant you achieve this goal without an MBA? Why ISB? You've not mentioned anything here. You must have a compelling reason to attend b school and it must come out strongly in your essays.
How you tie all of the above in your written application will decide success.
Best
Varun Sharma
+919137133507
Free Profile Review
MBAkarma.com
Quora
LinkedIn
info@mbakarma.com

Tejaswikanoongo wrote:
Hi

10th- 86% in ICSE
12th-61%

Worked as a Mainframe Application Developer working in Cobol for an insurance client and then for an Utilities client(one of the biggest of Infy).Was one of the top performers.Developed effort saving tool for EDI and was appreciated by business clients.Progressed from System Engineer to Senior System Engineer and was handling a team of 5.Trained freshers coming into the project.Was the point of contact for multiple critical business functionalities(for clients too).Worked in multiple critical government mandate projects.

Extra- Co founded a start up in food industry(It was a late night food delivery service.Cooking being one of my hobby) which ran successfully for 2 months.Had to shut it down due to some unavoidable circumstances.(Took care of the Operation and Finances too)

Participated in National level Competiton by National Instruments and selected to pre final rounds from more than 500 + teams nation wide.

VP
VP
Send PM
Hello Shiladitya

Congrats on your GMAT score. A big hurdle out of the way. Let's get to what ISB will look at while evaluating your candidature-

1. Academic Potential- past scores + GMAT. Check. A 730 tells them that you are capable enough to handle the pressure of the program. But that is it, now they will move on to other parts of the application.
2. Quality of Work Ex- In terms of number of years you are on the lower side of the spectrum. If you are planning to apply this year, you will have to compensate that by showcasing the Quality of your work ex. By quality I mean Maturity, Career Progress, Achievements and Business Impact (I see you have mentioned 1 interesting point on this). Also be prepared to answer why MBA now and not 1-2 years later.
3. Diversity- Why are you a good addition to the class? How will you add to the learning of your peers? Bring this out strongly.
4. Clarity of Goals- You've mentioned 'Assisted Marketing teams in Sales pursuits - this is my primary motivation for an MBA'. I'm not sure I understand this correctly- but what is your post-MBA goal? Why do you need an MBA to reach this goal. Your clarity of goals and its fit with ISB will be the most crucial part of your application. So this has to come out very well. It is difficult for me to give a deeper insight without understanding this in detail.
Overall chances will depend on how you compensate for your weaknesses (read low years) and how well you tie the above in your written application.

Best
Varun Sharma
+919137133507
Free Profile Review
MBAkarma.com
Quora
LinkedIn
info@mbakarma.com

Shiladitya wrote:
Profile:

Bachelors : BE(Hons) Electrical and Electronics - BITS Pilani
    Masters : MSc. Physics
    GPA : 7.5 / 10
    GMAT : 730 (Q-50, V-40, IR-7 , AWA- Awaited), just gave the GMAT on 26th May.

Work Experience

2 years as Business Analyst catering to Commercial Aviation.
    Have worked with some of the largest airlines in the world in terms of implementations and health Checks
    Traveled extensively in South East Asia - Vietnam, Seychelles , Japan, Papua New Guinea etc. working with clients with diverse business needs and hailing from different cultures and traditions
    Assisted Marketing teams in Sales pursuits - this is my primary motivation for an MBA
    Designed an automated Health Check and Business Value Calculator which has yielded dividends of 100,000 USD to the company in terms of Change requests

Internship
    Have interned with AOL India working as an Assistant Editor for Coolage one of their entities. Contributed over 150 articles over a span of 2 years and led a team of 20 bloggers.
    Also interned with Times of India - Goa and Maharashtra circle ., have contributed several articles of them, many of which have been published.

Rewards and Recognition:
    Awarded employee of the quarter among 1300 employees in Bangalore. Youngest employee to be given the award since the company's inception in BLR.
    Promoted within 1 year of joining.

Can you please help me evaluate my profile for ISB?

Thanks in advance :-)
Own Kudos [?]: 69 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
Tejaswikanoongo wrote:
Hi

10th- 86% in ICSE
12th-61%

Hi Tejaswikanoongo,

Happy to evaluate your profile :-)

First things first, you have set yourself a fine GMAT target, especially considering your low academic scores in the past :-) If you are able to achieve the same, you will have a fine chance (of course, on fulfilling other criteria as well).

Having said the above, you will need to take care of the following in your essays:
- Showcasing a career progression rather than merely stating your role. Moreover, you will also need to focus on the skill-set you have garnered by virtue of your professional experiences.
- Why an MBA and what you will do post the same. Remember, your career goals should be clearly differentiated into short-term and long-term and there should be a strong alignment between your experience and future goals.
- Utilizing your extra-curricular to showcase how you are an all-around individual with a strong capability to contribute to the ISB community.

If you are able to take care of the above and achieve the GMAT score you are targeting, you have a strong chance of making it to ISB!

Should you feel the need for a detailed profile evaluation, do get in touch with us. We will happy to help :-)

All the best!
Own Kudos [?]: 69 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
emarkgmat wrote:
Hi, please evaluate my profile for ISB class 2019.

Gender- Female

My grades:

X - 82.4% (C.B.S.E)
XII - 71% (C.B.S.E)
B.Tech - 70%
M.Tech - 77%

By March 2019 , I will have 5 years of experience in Energy Efficiency and Sustainability Sector.

Average Extra Curriculars

Presently preparing for GMAT and planning to take GMAT by first week of September.

Target score 720+

Thanks in advance.

Hi emarkgmat,

We are a bit late in responding to you but we hope this finds you in time still :-)

A detailed profile evaluation would require more details about your work experience. Nonetheless, considering you have a slightly differentiated background and achieve a score upwards of 720, we believe you have a good chance of receiving an interview call from ISB. Of course, a lot will also depend on how well you project the relevant information in your essays and the kind of career goals you put forth, as well.

For a detailed discussion around your prospects, feel free to get in touch with us :-)

All the best!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Hi,

Firstly, the length of my profile below would be as big as the essay. Please excuse my naivety and please help in evaluating my profile and suggest the possibilities of strengthening the same.

My second attempt in GMAT will be in August. (first attempt was in 2016 with a bad bad score). Now Aiming at 720+ score.

Academic Background:
Primary and High school was in Muscat, Oman. 10th Grade score- 80% (CBSE)
Secondary Schooling was done in Andhra Pradesh, India. 12th Grade score- 81% (State Board)
Graduated in Chemical Engineering from Caledonian College of Engineering, (Program Affiliated to VIT U, Chennai, India). CGPA- 8.54

Internship:
A 2 month long internship in Oman's Biggest Oil & Petroleum manufacturing company, ORPIC in my 3rd year Engineering. I was placed in the Process & Operation Department. I had a good insight of the entire process.

Work Experience:
I graduated in July 2014.
Currently working in the FMCG Retail sector in the Purchase department for Processed Foods, Private label and Naturals in one of the biggest conglomerates in Muscat, with the name Khimji Ramdas (KR).
KR has taken the master Franchisee from the World renowned retail chain- SPAR International and now we give sub-licensee’s to local stores and come under SPAR Oman.
We currently have around 25+ spar stores in and across Oman. Apart from that, we manage 70+ stores in different formats.
I was trained initially for 6 months from April 2015-September 2015 and joined the company officially from November 2015.
From October 2015- February 2016, I was placed in Catering division handled by our company to cater around 1000 members in the Police department. I used to handle the vendor negotiations for products.
From March 2016- Feb 2018, I was solely handling Import Division for all the 90+ stores and was the key account manager for the Import suppliers located around the globe. I handled the category from New Products Introduction (NPIs), Negotiations with vendors, Ordering & Replenishment of products to the execution at stores and payments. It was here that I acquired extensive knowledge on products, my market, people’s skills and logistics. Also, here I used to analyze data for new launches and monitored the growth of other products.

From March 2018- June 2018, I was given the opportunity to handle processed food, Private label and Naturals/Organic Category. Here again I had a wonderful opportunity to understand customers perspective and the new trend of Healthy eating. Here I was able to make budget & targets based on previous years data for the coming year. This gave an insight on the big picture on one of the biggest categories being Processed Foods.

(P.s.) I can elaborate further but I prefer to stop at this for the moment and get into my extra circular activities. Also, I’ve resigned and will be exiting my tenure with KR in July to prepare for my GMAT and support my ailing mother in India.

Passion:
• During my studies (engg.) and till I joined my job in November 2015, I ran my own home business very successfully of Bespoke Cakes. Participated in almost around 10-12 exhibition events with my cake stalls.
• Participated in 2 Cake competitions in Amateur & cupcakes category.

Accomplishments:
• Student Volunteer for 2 prestigious conferences on Harnessing Natural Resources in Muscat.
• Merit Award in Engineering for Year 1,2&3.
• Proud Member of Toastmasters International in Muscat for the Past one year. Reached up to the Division contest within a year in Internation Speech. Visited the biggest District contest in the WORLD (District 20) and had an excellent exposure.

Others:
• Organized 4 major cultural events in Muscat with the Indian Social Club- Telugu Wing in the Youth committee. Basically my role was agenda planning, execution and back stage organizing.
• Was a host at around 5-6 official marketing events in SPAR which promoted SPAR Oman, brought in foot falls and also included customer interaction & involvement. (All the events are up on the official FB site of SPAR OMAN).

Post MBA in ISB:
• Baking is my passion and I look forward to opening my bakery chain in the future. Being a self-taught baker, doing my MBA will aid in developing on my business & marketing skills and help me with my endeavor as an entrepreneur.

Please suggest on my chances of getting through R1 and will it be advisable to apply for R2 considering my WE (Just 2-3 years till R2, also If I am not contented with my GMAT score in august).
Also, I look forward to obtaining a scholarship, how attainable could it be with my profile? (Bridge to India scholarship offered by ISB)

As I mentioned earlier, I would take these couple of months from July 2018 to introspect and know myself better in order to present a holistic application.

Looking forward to expert advice/suggestions.

Thank you in Advance,
Kavya.
VP
VP
Send PM
Hello kavz101

Kudos to the detailed post. More information always helps evaluate your profile better. Allow me to summarize this for you. ISB is going to asses your candidature at these levels-
1. Academic Potential- How well will you be able to handle the rigor of the program. A 720+ is the way to go, looking at your past scores (which are good but not stellar). Taking the GMAT in Aug most likely means you will apply in R2 unless you are working on the applications as we speak. A good application will take 4-6 weeks if you start from scratch.
2. Quality of Work Ex- Due to your buying & account management experience you have been directly involved in business as opposed to a technical field. I'm sure you will have a lot of stories to show real business impact. ISB will appreciate if you highlight your career achievements and progress. Going by the info provided work ex looks very good.
3. Diversity- Middle East. Retail. Having been in the same boat some years ago, I can tell you that you will get brownie points on this front. Make sure you highlight your differentiating factors and how your peers will benefit from your presence.
4. Clarity of Goals- Most important aspect of your application. Why MBA and Why ISB? The goal that you have mentioned makes sense, but is long term. Also why do you need an MBA for this? You are already in a function from where you can grow organically and learn. Be prepared to show a compelling need in your essays.
To summarize the 'Qualitative' part of your profile seems strong. Make sure you make the 'Quantitative' part equally strong (namely the GMAT).
Assuming you get your target GMAT you stand a fighting chance at ISB. Success will finally depend on how well you tie the above mentioned factors in your written application.

Best
Varun Sharma
+919137133507
MBAkarma.com
Quora
LinkedIn
info@mbakarma.com

kavz101 wrote:
Hi,

Firstly, the length of my profile below would be as big as the essay. Please excuse my naivety and please help in evaluating my profile and suggest the possibilities of strengthening the same.

My second attempt in GMAT will be in August. (first attempt was in 2016 with a bad bad score). Now Aiming at 720+ score.

Academic Background:
Primary and High school was in Muscat, Oman. 10th Grade score- 80% (CBSE)
Secondary Schooling was done in Andhra Pradesh, India. 12th Grade score- 81% (State Board)
Graduated in Chemical Engineering from Caledonian College of Engineering, (Program Affiliated to VIT U, Chennai, India). CGPA- 8.54

Internship:
A 2 month long internship in Oman's Biggest Oil & Petroleum manufacturing company, ORPIC in my 3rd year Engineering. I was placed in the Process & Operation Department. I had a good insight of the entire process.

Work Experience:
I graduated in July 2014.
Currently working in the FMCG Retail sector in the Purchase department for Processed Foods, Private label and Naturals in one of the biggest conglomerates in Muscat, with the name Khimji Ramdas (KR).
KR has taken the master Franchisee from the World renowned retail chain- SPAR International and now we give sub-licensee’s to local stores and come under SPAR Oman.
We currently have around 25+ spar stores in and across Oman. Apart from that, we manage 70+ stores in different formats.
I was trained initially for 6 months from April 2015-September 2015 and joined the company officially from November 2015.
From October 2015- February 2016, I was placed in Catering division handled by our company to cater around 1000 members in the Police department. I used to handle the vendor negotiations for products.
From March 2016- Feb 2018, I was solely handling Import Division for all the 90+ stores and was the key account manager for the Import suppliers located around the globe. I handled the category from New Products Introduction (NPIs), Negotiations with vendors, Ordering & Replenishment of products to the execution at stores and payments. It was here that I acquired extensive knowledge on products, my market, people’s skills and logistics. Also, here I used to analyze data for new launches and monitored the growth of other products.

From March 2018- June 2018, I was given the opportunity to handle processed food, Private label and Naturals/Organic Category. Here again I had a wonderful opportunity to understand customers perspective and the new trend of Healthy eating. Here I was able to make budget & targets based on previous years data for the coming year. This gave an insight on the big picture on one of the biggest categories being Processed Foods.

(P.s.) I can elaborate further but I prefer to stop at this for the moment and get into my extra circular activities. Also, I’ve resigned and will be exiting my tenure with KR in July to prepare for my GMAT and support my ailing mother in India.

Passion:
• During my studies (engg.) and till I joined my job in November 2015, I ran my own home business very successfully of Bespoke Cakes. Participated in almost around 10-12 exhibition events with my cake stalls.
• Participated in 2 Cake competitions in Amateur & cupcakes category.

Accomplishments:
• Student Volunteer for 2 prestigious conferences on Harnessing Natural Resources in Muscat.
• Merit Award in Engineering for Year 1,2&3.
• Proud Member of Toastmasters International in Muscat for the Past one year. Reached up to the Division contest within a year in Internation Speech. Visited the biggest District contest in the WORLD (District 20) and had an excellent exposure.

Others:
• Organized 4 major cultural events in Muscat with the Indian Social Club- Telugu Wing in the Youth committee. Basically my role was agenda planning, execution and back stage organizing.
• Was a host at around 5-6 official marketing events in SPAR which promoted SPAR Oman, brought in foot falls and also included customer interaction & involvement. (All the events are up on the official FB site of SPAR OMAN).

Post MBA in ISB:
• Baking is my passion and I look forward to opening my bakery chain in the future. Being a self-taught baker, doing my MBA will aid in developing on my business & marketing skills and help me with my endeavor as an entrepreneur.

Please suggest on my chances of getting through R1 and will it be advisable to apply for R2 considering my WE (Just 2-3 years till R2, also If I am not contented with my GMAT score in august).
Also, I look forward to obtaining a scholarship, how attainable could it be with my profile? (Bridge to India scholarship offered by ISB)

As I mentioned earlier, I would take these couple of months from July 2018 to introspect and know myself better in order to present a holistic application.

Looking forward to expert advice/suggestions.

Thank you in Advance,
Kavya.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi All,

Could you Please evaluate my profile,

Academics:
Btech (Electronics and communication Engg) from BLDEA Bijapur.
: 70%
10th : 90.24 %
12th : 87 %

Work experience of 4+ years.
- I have worked for an NGO named SRL for 2 years, the company was into serving/Providing free software to Ramakrishna Missions organisation locally and globally and
supporting them end to end. Worked as a software developer taking care of end -to -end process , have good experience dealing with clients. Parallelly i have been a
part/started of an Academy named "Sarada Academy of Excellence" built for educational purpose helping underprivileged kids, educating/introducing them to modern
methods of learning and thus bringing out excellence in them.
- Presently working with ORACLE pvt. ltd for Sales Operations and Strategy Team.

Target Colleges: ISB, IIMA, IIMB (for IT Operations or Education)

Thanks,
Veena SK
VP
VP
Send PM
veenask wrote:
Hi All,

Could you Please evaluate my profile,

Academics:
Btech (Electronics and communication Engg) from BLDEA Bijapur.
: 70%
10th : 90.24 %
12th : 87 %

Work experience of 4+ years.
- I have worked for an NGO named SRL for 2 years, the company was into serving/Providing free software to Ramakrishna Missions organisation locally and globally and
supporting them end to end. Worked as a software developer taking care of end -to -end process , have good experience dealing with clients. Parallelly i have been a
part/started of an Academy named "Sarada Academy of Excellence" built for educational purpose helping underprivileged kids, educating/introducing them to modern
methods of learning and thus bringing out excellence in them.
- Presently working with ORACLE pvt. ltd for Sales Operations and Strategy Team.

Target Colleges: ISB, IIMA, IIMB (for IT Operations or Education)

Thanks,
Veena SK
Hello Veena

Your NGO work ex could add some flavor and diversity to your overall profile.
That said, you should focus on highlighting your career progress and achievements more than your roles and responsibilities.
However, you have not mentioned 2 most critical parts of an application and profile evaluation- GMAT and post MBA goals.
Past academic scores are decent, but with your IT profile target 720+ in GMAT.
Without knowing your reason to pursue an MBA and why ISB/IIM it is difficult to say much about the profile. What are your career goals and why do you need an MBA?
When are you planning to take the GMAT, as you must get that first out of the way so you can focus on the written application.
To conclude, the information is very limited to give a detailed feedback.
Let me know if you wish to discuss this further.
Best
Varun
MBAkarma.com

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Own Kudos [?]: 69 [1]
Send PM