It is currently 21 Sep 2017, 09:06

Happening Now:

Live Chat with Amy Mitson, Sr. Associate Director of Admissions at Tuck Dartmouth


Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 28 Apr 2016
Posts: 100

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 79

Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Jul 2016, 04:32
GyanOne and MBADecoder Can please evaluate my profile and tell me what would be an ideal score for me For ISB.

Also, assuming I get aroung 670-700, what are the other colleges I can aim at?

ameyaprabhu wrote:
Aiming for the 2017 - 2018 batch at ISB. Can someone guide me on what would be an ideal score:

Profile:

Indian, 26 yo male

Education
10th: 76% (ICSE)
12th: 65% (Science, HSC)
Graduation: Mass media, first class with distinction. Also stood first in class

Work ex: - Will be 5 years this October. (4.5 years full time and 6 months freelance)

2 years 2 months in qualitative market research with a start up
6 months of freelance in market research
Currently working in advertising with the largest agency in India and the second most effective agency in the world: Will complete 2 years 4 months (by October) in advertising.

Worked on leading brands across categories and currently working on one of the largest marketers in the country.
Wrote a case study for my campaign that won a bronze trophy at the Indian Effie awards and a silver trophy at the APAC Effie awards (the most coveted effectiveness award in the region). Another campaign I worked on won a bronze trophy at the Indian Effie awards (no proof other than a screenshot of an email sent by the department head congratulating the winners, hope this counts)

Got 2 promotions in my 4 years of work ex, a higher designation while switching jobs, and above average bonuses/ increments at both my organisations.

Extra curics (please tell me whether these even matter/ are worth mentioning):

1. During college, was the chairman of an independent student body that organised an inter-college festival. Organised the festival without any college funding us. (since this was an independent body and I was the signatory authority for participation certificates, I have no proof for myself, other than Facebook posts or testimonials from co-students)

2. Too part and won in many solo elocution competitions in school (intra-school competitions)

3. Avid traveler - Traveled across length and breadth of India for work. Went on a solo Eurotrip on a shoe string budget. again, no proof for either, not sure whether it even matters

What would be an ideal score for me?

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 79

Top Contributor
1 KUDOS received
VP
VP
User avatar
S
Status: Top MBA Admissions Consultant
Joined: 24 Jul 2011
Posts: 1343

Kudos [?]: 636 [1], given: 20

GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V48
GRE 1: 1540 Q800 V740
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Jul 2016, 01:07
1
This post received
KUDOS
Top Contributor
ameyaprabhu wrote:
GyanOne and MBADecoder Can please evaluate my profile and tell me what would be an ideal score for me For ISB.

Also, assuming I get aroung 670-700, what are the other colleges I can aim at?

ameyaprabhu wrote:
Aiming for the 2017 - 2018 batch at ISB. Can someone guide me on what would be an ideal score:

Profile:

Indian, 26 yo male

Education
10th: 76% (ICSE)
12th: 65% (Science, HSC)
Graduation: Mass media, first class with distinction. Also stood first in class

Work ex: - Will be 5 years this October. (4.5 years full time and 6 months freelance)

2 years 2 months in qualitative market research with a start up
6 months of freelance in market research
Currently working in advertising with the largest agency in India and the second most effective agency in the world: Will complete 2 years 4 months (by October) in advertising.

Worked on leading brands across categories and currently working on one of the largest marketers in the country.
Wrote a case study for my campaign that won a bronze trophy at the Indian Effie awards and a silver trophy at the APAC Effie awards (the most coveted effectiveness award in the region). Another campaign I worked on won a bronze trophy at the Indian Effie awards (no proof other than a screenshot of an email sent by the department head congratulating the winners, hope this counts)

Got 2 promotions in my 4 years of work ex, a higher designation while switching jobs, and above average bonuses/ increments at both my organisations.

Extra curics (please tell me whether these even matter/ are worth mentioning):

1. During college, was the chairman of an independent student body that organised an inter-college festival. Organised the festival without any college funding us. (since this was an independent body and I was the signatory authority for participation certificates, I have no proof for myself, other than Facebook posts or testimonials from co-students)

2. Too part and won in many solo elocution competitions in school (intra-school competitions)

3. Avid traveler - Traveled across length and breadth of India for work. Went on a solo Eurotrip on a shoe string budget. again, no proof for either, not sure whether it even matters

What would be an ideal score for me?


Hi

A score of 680 and above + a strong application will put someone like you in contention. You have a strong and differentiated profile that should be appealing to admissions committees at Indian schools.

In terms of other schools in India, you can look at the IIMB EPGP, IIMC PGPEX, IIMA PGPX (if you are 27+ by the time of application), XLRI GMP, and SP Jain PGPM.

Hope this helps. Feel free to come back with further questions as needed.
_________________

GyanOne | Top MBA Rankings and MBA Admissions Blog

Top MBA Admissions Consulting | Top MiM Admissions Consulting

Premium MBA Essay Review|Best MBA Interview Preparation|Exclusive GMAT coaching

Get a FREE Detailed MBA Profile Evaluation | Call us now +91 98998 31738

Kudos [?]: 636 [1], given: 20

Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
Admission Consultant
User avatar
S
Joined: 16 Jan 2012
Posts: 941

Kudos [?]: 147 [1], given: 50

Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Jul 2016, 04:04
1
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
ameyaprabhu wrote:
GyanOne and MBADecoder Can please evaluate my profile and tell me what would be an ideal score for me For ISB.

Also, assuming I get aroung 670-700, what are the other colleges I can aim at?

ameyaprabhu wrote:
Aiming for the 2017 - 2018 batch at ISB. Can someone guide me on what would be an ideal score:

Profile:

Indian, 26 yo male


What would be an ideal score for me?


Hi ameyaprabhu,

I come from advertising myself, so its exciting to see your profile.

Generally I tell applicants to aim for a 700+ score, but because of your distinct profile, I'd advise you to go ahead and apply even if your score is lower. I had helped a career changer (IT to healthcare) apply successfully to ISB last year, with a 660 GMAT, so anything is possible if you submit a great app.

I think IIMC and IIMB will be good choices. I'd suggest you do some research- if you want to move over to the client side, which are the colleges which have your target companies coming on campus? With effective networking, you could still find the the role that you want with these companies. Look at employment stats and talk to current students/ recent alums. Linked In is a great place to start your search. Also, most colleges are on the road right now, organizing info sessions in metros and doing webinars. Register yourself on their websites for these.
_________________

Namita Garg,
http://www.mbadecoder.com
+91 9901566772

Contact us at: contact@mbadecoder.com

Ask for a FREE profile evaluation HERE


Featured among the top 25 Women CEOs in India, in the CEO Magazine

Kudos [?]: 147 [1], given: 50

Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 28 Apr 2016
Posts: 100

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 79

Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Jul 2016, 04:54
Thanks MBADecoder.

I thought IIMB and C only consider applicants above 7 years of work ex. Will need to do some more research I guess.


MBADecoder wrote:
ameyaprabhu wrote:
GyanOne and MBADecoder Can please evaluate my profile and tell me what would be an ideal score for me For ISB.

Also, assuming I get aroung 670-700, what are the other colleges I can aim at?

ameyaprabhu wrote:
Aiming for the 2017 - 2018 batch at ISB. Can someone guide me on what would be an ideal score:

Profile:

Indian, 26 yo male


What would be an ideal score for me?


Hi ameyaprabhu,

I come from advertising myself, so its exciting to see your profile.

Generally I tell applicants to aim for a 700+ score, but because of your distinct profile, I'd advise you to go ahead and apply even if your score is lower. I had helped a career changer (IT to healthcare) apply successfully to ISB last year, with a 660 GMAT, so anything is possible if you submit a great app.

I think IIMC and IIMB will be good choices. I'd suggest you do some research- if you want to move over to the client side, which are the colleges which have your target companies coming on campus? With effective networking, you could still find the the role that you want with these companies. Look at employment stats and talk to current students/ recent alums. Linked In is a great place to start your search. Also, most colleges are on the road right now, organizing info sessions in metros and doing webinars. Register yourself on their websites for these.

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 79

Expert Post
Admission Consultant
User avatar
S
Joined: 16 Jan 2012
Posts: 941

Kudos [?]: 147 [0], given: 50

Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Jul 2016, 06:20
ameyaprabhu wrote:
Thanks MBADecoder.

I thought IIMB and C only consider applicants above 7 years of work ex. Will need to do some more research I guess.




IIMB- 4 -12 years
IIMC - 5 Years on March 31st, the year you join
IIMA - 27 years of age on March 31st, the year you join
_________________

Namita Garg,
http://www.mbadecoder.com
+91 9901566772

Contact us at: contact@mbadecoder.com

Ask for a FREE profile evaluation HERE


Featured among the top 25 Women CEOs in India, in the CEO Magazine

Kudos [?]: 147 [0], given: 50

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 11 Jan 2013
Posts: 8

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 2

Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Jul 2016, 06:55
Hi ,

Request you to review my profile and let me know the colleges i can aim for in India/abroad for 2017 batch and GMAT score needed for same:

Education:
10th: 75.4% (ICSE)
12th: 77.4% (ISCE)
Graduation: 70.35% ,Btech Computer science (Degree from JNTU Hyderbad)

Work Ex:

Will be completing 6 years of IT work-ex on September 4 2016. Working in a Indian Major IT Mnc.
Have 1 year of onsite work experience, and was single point of contact for my technology team.

extra curricular:

State level basketball player( schools state and under 18)
Participated in many athletic events at inter school.
Basketball team captain in school/college and represent my current employers team in Delhi-NCR area.
Member of student committee in college.

Also,can you suggest by when should i be over with my GMAT exam so that i have decent chance of converting a call to colleges.

Thanks
Srikanth

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 2

Expert Post
Admission Consultant
User avatar
S
Joined: 16 Jan 2012
Posts: 941

Kudos [?]: 147 [0], given: 50

Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Jul 2016, 07:58
ksrikanthchetty wrote:
Hi ,

Request you to review my profile and let me know the colleges i can aim for in India/abroad for 2017 batch and GMAT score needed for same:

Education:
10th: 75.4% (ICSE)
12th: 77.4% (ISCE)
Graduation: 70.35% ,Btech Computer science (Degree from JNTU Hyderbad)

Work Ex:

Will be completing 6 years of IT work-ex on September 4 2016. Working in a Indian Major IT Mnc.
Have 1 year of onsite work experience, and was single point of contact for my technology team.

extra curricular:

State level basketball player( schools state and under 18)
Participated in many athletic events at inter school.
Basketball team captain in school/college and represent my current employers team in Delhi-NCR area.
Member of student committee in college.

Also,can you suggest by when should i be over with my GMAT exam so that i have decent chance of converting a call to colleges.

Thanks
Srikanth


Hi Srikanth,

For the Indian IT applicants, their admission chances depend largely on how well they are able to market and differentiate themselves in an over-subscribed applicant pool.
You should be able to come up with a storyline that demonstrates strong leadership, career progression and a clear sense of where you are headed after the MBA and why do you need an MBA at all to get there. This strategy will pay dividends at every b-school where you apply.

Your sports related activities are good and give you a chance to show leadership outside the work space. DO you also have any community involvements?

For a person with your background, a 700+ GMAT score is almost a necessity, although people do get in with lower scores as well. Here's an article that addresses this. Keep in mind the deadlines for taking GMAT. R1 deadlines start September onwards (for foreign b-schools) and R2 starts in January 2018. The IIM executive programs have their deadlines between August end to November.
_________________

Namita Garg,
http://www.mbadecoder.com
+91 9901566772

Contact us at: contact@mbadecoder.com

Ask for a FREE profile evaluation HERE


Featured among the top 25 Women CEOs in India, in the CEO Magazine

Kudos [?]: 147 [0], given: 50

Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Status: Applicant
Joined: 21 Sep 2015
Posts: 56

Kudos [?]: 22 [0], given: 1

Location: India
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.37
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Jul 2016, 09:01
Hi Everyone, we have a live profile evaluation session being conducted by Class of 2018 admits(EEO), it will be held in Bangalore and Mumbai this weekend.

Details : Venue for Bangalore : CCD, Orion Mall
Date : 16th July Time : 3-6 PM

Venue for Mumbai : CCD, Phoenix Marketcity Kurla
Date : 17th July Time : 3-6 PM

Contact : 8496910755 for Bangalore
8951496374 for Mumbai

Register before Saturday Noon.

Kudos [?]: 22 [0], given: 1

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 09 Sep 2015
Posts: 20

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

Location: India
GMAT 1: 640 Q49 V27
GMAT 2: 680 Q50 V31
GPA: 3.3
WE: Analyst (Manufacturing)
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Jul 2016, 21:42
Dear All,
Please review my profile for ISB/NTU/NUS/SMU.


Age-26
GMAT Score- 680 (50/31)
 Work Experience- 37 Months till now (Manufacturing Industry)
-Polyplex Thailand Public Company Limited
Duration- 25 Months and continuing
Location- Thailand

• Polyplex Europa
Duration- 6 months
Location- Turkey

• Polyplex Corporation Limited
Duration- 6 Months
Location- Noida, India

 Graduation – Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Gandhinagar
CGPA – 8.15/10 (Mechanical Engineering)
Internship – Underwriters Laboratory, Chicago, USA

 12th Board- 88%
 10th Board- 93% (Merit Holder)


Job Profile – I am the youngest person in the company to have been hired at the post of Manager in the company’s history of 30+ years.
Polyplex Group of the 4th Largest manufacturer of Polyester Film in the world with locations in India, Turkey, Thailand and USA

Operational Analyst
For 2 years, I have been working under Head-Operations (General Manager) of company as operational Analyst. In this profile, my work catered to the data analysis on various aspects for the plant improvement; I have been involved in high decision making body for the turn-around of the company. I was completely responsible for CAPEX proposal, MIS Generation. One of my proposals accepted by top management resulted in saving of USD 1 million. I got a fair exposure of general management of the company including the financial aspects.

Process Manager
Looking into the good performance, I have been shifted to the core operations as process Manager, responsible to handle a team of 40 members of local community (Thai Nationals). I am responsible for all process related trouble shooting and all new product development related activities.

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

Expert Post
Admission Consultant
User avatar
S
Joined: 16 Jan 2012
Posts: 941

Kudos [?]: 147 [0], given: 50

Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Jul 2016, 23:16
shubham12123 wrote:
Dear All,
Please review my profile for ISB/NTU/NUS/SMU.


Hi Shubham,

Everything else being great in your profile, is there a chance to retake the GMAT?
_________________

Namita Garg,
http://www.mbadecoder.com
+91 9901566772

Contact us at: contact@mbadecoder.com

Ask for a FREE profile evaluation HERE


Featured among the top 25 Women CEOs in India, in the CEO Magazine

Kudos [?]: 147 [0], given: 50

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 09 Sep 2015
Posts: 20

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

Location: India
GMAT 1: 640 Q49 V27
GMAT 2: 680 Q50 V31
GPA: 3.3
WE: Analyst (Manufacturing)
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Jul 2016, 01:32
MBADecoder wrote:
shubham12123 wrote:
Dear All,
Please review my profile for ISB/NTU/NUS/SMU.


Hi Shubham,

Everything else being great in your profile, is there a chance to retake the GMAT?



I am reluctant to give another GMAT due to time constraint issue :roll:

What are my chances for ISB/NUS/NTU ?

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

Expert Post
Admission Consultant
User avatar
S
Joined: 16 Jan 2012
Posts: 941

Kudos [?]: 147 [0], given: 50

Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Jul 2016, 09:58
shubham12123 wrote:
MBADecoder wrote:
shubham12123 wrote:
Dear All,
Please review my profile for ISB/NTU/NUS/SMU.


Hi Shubham,

Everything else being great in your profile, is there a chance to retake the GMAT?



I am reluctant to give another GMAT due to time constraint issue :roll:

What are my chances for ISB/NUS/NTU ?


Actually time is not a constraint- you can take GMAT now and apply in R2. NUS has a rolling deadline which carries on until Jan 31st. It would be great if you can retake the GMAT.
If not apply to NUS within the first month of application opening in October and in R1 to other two schools.
_________________

Namita Garg,
http://www.mbadecoder.com
+91 9901566772

Contact us at: contact@mbadecoder.com

Ask for a FREE profile evaluation HERE


Featured among the top 25 Women CEOs in India, in the CEO Magazine

Kudos [?]: 147 [0], given: 50

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 19 May 2015
Posts: 4

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 40

Schools: ISB '17, NUS '17, NTU '17
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Jul 2016, 00:00
Hi,
Please evaluate my profile -
GMAT - Q50 V32 (690)
Work ex. - 2 years of work ex. (by nov 2016) in Mu sigma in pharma and banking domain. Was awarded for exemplary work in a project and for helping out a new team
Will be promoted as Decision Scientist this year
Graduation - B.E. computer science from Medi-caps institute of technology and management, RGPV university
CGPA -7.45
12th - 86%
10th- 88.6%

Extracurricular -
Founder and Vice captain of girls Kho-Kho team in college in year 2012
Organized ROBOTICS competition “Nexus World Challenge” by IIT Bombay held in M.I.T.M in 2012
Hosted dace events in college fest

Achievements
Secured 2nd position in Kho-Kho inter college nodal and got selected for state team representing R.G.P.V University in year 2012
National Kho-Kho player- represented Madhya Pradesh and Chhattisgarh for consecutive 3 years (2005-08) held by C.B.S.E, New Delhi.
Zone toppers and Inter School winners for consecutive 3 years (2005-08) held by Sahodaya group of C.B.S.E schools

Questions -
I am targeting following schools -ISB, NUS, Nantyang technical university with ISB as my first preference. Should I re-write the GMAT?
How tough it will be to get through ISB at this profile?
If I plan to re-write within a month do I have sufficient time to apply in Round 1 ?

Last edited by Parnika on 23 Jul 2016, 08:56, edited 1 time in total.

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 40

Expert Post
Admission Consultant
User avatar
S
Joined: 16 Jan 2012
Posts: 941

Kudos [?]: 147 [0], given: 50

Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Jul 2016, 01:43
Parnika wrote:
Hi,
Please evaluate my profile -
GMAT - Q50 V32
Work ex. - 2 years of work ex. (by nov 2016) in Mu sigma in pharma and banking domain. Was awarded for exemplary work in a project and for helping out a new team
Will be promoted as Decision Scientist this year
Graduation - B.E. computer science from Medi-caps institute of technology and management, RGPV university
CGPA -7.45
12th - 86%
10th- 88.6%

Extracurricular -
Founder and Vice captain of girls Kho-Kho team in college in year 2012
Organized ROBOTICS competition “Nexus World Challenge” by IIT Bombay held in M.I.T.M in 2012
Hosted dace events in college fest

Achievements
Secured 2nd position in Kho-Kho inter college nodal and got selected for state team representing R.G.P.V University in year 2012
National Kho-Kho player- represented Madhya Pradesh and Chhattisgarh for consecutive 3 years (2005-08) held by C.B.S.E, New Delhi.
Zone toppers and Inter School winners for consecutive 3 years (2005-08) held by Sahodaya group of C.B.S.E schools

Questions -
I am targeting following schools -ISB, NUS, Nantyang technical university with ISB as my first preference. Should I re-write the GMAT?
How tough it will be to get through ISB at this profile?
If I plan to re-write within a month do I have sufficient time to apply in Round 1 ?


What is your composite GMAT score? It points to 670 on a GMAT calculator tool. I'd agree that you should go ahead and retake GMAT. Your WE is low and the GMAT is also low- two weak points will not help much.

It doesn't really matter if you don't apply in R1. B-schools care about a strong application, and that includes a better GMAT score than your current one.
_________________

Namita Garg,
http://www.mbadecoder.com
+91 9901566772

Contact us at: contact@mbadecoder.com

Ask for a FREE profile evaluation HERE


Featured among the top 25 Women CEOs in India, in the CEO Magazine

Kudos [?]: 147 [0], given: 50

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 18 Sep 2014
Posts: 232

Kudos [?]: 44 [0], given: 5

Reviews Badge
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Jul 2016, 05:05
Hi,
Kindly evaluate my profile for ISB.

Academics:
B.Tech in Electronics and Communication Engineering (8.17 CGPA) from Vellore Institute of Technology, Vellore
12th- 69%
GMAT: 660

Work Experience:
After graduating, I got a placement into Tata Consultancy Services and worked for 2.5 years (Outstanding contributor award, Employee of the quarter, Client appreciation award etc). I was exposed to multi cultural work ambience and was the youngest SME(Subject matter expert) on Data warehousing/Business Intelligence.

But my natural propensity was towards entrepreneurship and after taking some loan and personal savings, opened my own firm in eastern part of India which deals in manufacturing electronic spare parts and trading Public address electronic equipments, slowly but steadily, I worked my heart out and nurtured this baby whose age is 5.5 years now, and now my baby's annual turn over is over 7 million USD (more than 40 Crores INR). I, currently employee more than 25 people (and this was my dream "providing employment" rather than "being employed").

In this journey, I have several stories of both hardship (Example : not sleeping over 36 hours straight to deliver my first tender contract and how I did those things with limited avenues) and sweet success.

Total work exp: 8 years

Short term goal: Take my firm from "regional status" to "national status" in terms of sales and revenue generated.

Long term goal: Provide employement to 100 people by expanding my business not only in trading electronic equipments but also in logistics area where I have good ground level knowledge.( providing efficient Supply chain and logistics solutions to companies)
_________________

Kindly press the Kudos to appreciate my post !! :-)

Kudos [?]: 44 [0], given: 5

Expert Post
Admission Consultant
User avatar
S
Joined: 16 Jan 2012
Posts: 941

Kudos [?]: 147 [0], given: 50

Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Jul 2016, 07:34
FightToSurvive wrote:
Hi,
Kindly evaluate my profile for ISB.

Academics:
B.Tech in Electronics and Communication Engineering (8.17 CGPA) from Vellore Institute of Technology, Vellore
12th- 69%
GMAT: 660

Work Experience:
After graduating, I got a placement into Tata Consultancy Services and worked for 2.5 years (Outstanding contributor award, Employee of the quarter, Client appreciation award etc). I was exposed to multi cultural work ambience and was the youngest SME(Subject matter expert) on Data warehousing/Business Intelligence.

But my natural propensity was towards entrepreneurship and after taking some loan and personal savings, opened my own firm in eastern part of India which deals in manufacturing electronic spare parts and trading Public address electronic equipments, slowly but steadily, I worked my heart out and nurtured this baby whose age is 5.5 years now, and now my baby's annual turn over is over 7 million USD (more than 40 Crores INR). I, currently employee more than 25 people (and this was my dream "providing employment" rather than "being employed").

In this journey, I have several stories of both hardship (Example : not sleeping over 36 hours straight to deliver my first tender contract and how I did those things with limited avenues) and sweet success.

Total work exp: 8 years

Short term goal: Take my firm from "regional status" to "national status" in terms of sales and revenue generated.

Long term goal: Provide employement to 100 people by expanding my business not only in trading electronic equipments but also in logistics area where I have good ground level knowledge.( providing efficient Supply chain and logistics solutions to companies)


Your entrepreneurial experience sounds great. If you can retake the GMAT, it would be fantastic. If not, go ahead and apply with this score. A few words of caution:
1. Explain why you need an MBA and what resources of ISB will be crucial for your future growth.
2. Explain your career vision and career goals well.
_________________

Namita Garg,
http://www.mbadecoder.com
+91 9901566772

Contact us at: contact@mbadecoder.com

Ask for a FREE profile evaluation HERE


Featured among the top 25 Women CEOs in India, in the CEO Magazine

Kudos [?]: 147 [0], given: 50

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 14 Apr 2013
Posts: 3

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 42

Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Jul 2016, 23:42
Hello All,

I am an ISB 2017-18 aspirant and would like to have a preliminary evaluation of my profile for ISB. Also, if anyone can suggest me which colleges should I apply to in India/US/Europe, it will be very helpful. Thanks!! :)

10th - 94%

12th-88%

B.E - Computer Science and Engineering - 82% Mahrishi Dayanand University, Rohtak

Female/Married

GMAT - 700 (Dec 2015)
Q48
V38
IR 6
AWA 5.5


Work Ex : 6.5 years, as on 31 March 2017

My role requires program management, vendor management as well as automation. It also involves constant interaction with client and articulating their requirements into deliverable( Kind of Business Analyst role). I started as Quality Engineer and have continued in the same line.I have a lead role since past two years, but my designation does not have the word 'lead' in it.

Academically consistent all through school and college. Was among toppers in both of them.

Extra curricular- In school and college, I was into Oration, writing, science symposiums. I won many state and national level prizes at school.

At my workplace I am into publishing paper, product ideation, and CSR. I have also been a mentor to one of the scholars chosen from all over the globe. And currently I am involved in a project with an established NGO. I also have recognitions from my workplace for my work.

Hobbies- Include reading fiction and health related articles, watching movies and volunteering.

Why MBA? - It is my obvious path right now. I love my job and I want to grow in it. I have gained enough experience to see how a product evolves and how each of the stakeholders is impacted by the progress or lack of it. I am creatively inclined (hence, Adobe!!), and want to develop my ideas into products. My short -term career plan is to go into product management and eventually evolve into higher leadership roles.

Last edited by awallflower on 02 Aug 2016, 08:26, edited 1 time in total.

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 42

Expert Post
Admission Consultant
User avatar
S
Joined: 16 Jan 2012
Posts: 941

Kudos [?]: 147 [0], given: 50

Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Jul 2016, 01:13
awallflower wrote:
Hello All,

I am an ISB 2017-18 aspirant and would like to have a preliminary evaluation of my profile for ISB. Also, if anyone can suggest me which colleges should I apply to in India/US/Europe, it will be very helpful. Thanks!! :)

10th - 94%

12th-88%

B.E - Computer Science and Engineering - 82% Mahrishi Dayanand University, Rohtak

Female/Married

GMAT - 700 (Dec 2015)

Work Ex : 6.5 years, as on 31 March 2017

Currently working in Adobe since last 2 years as a Software Engineer- 2. My role requires program management, vendor management as well as automation. It also involves constant interaction with client and articulating their requirements into deliverable( Kind of Business Analyst role). I started as Quality Engineer and have continued in the same line.I have a lead role since past two years, but my designation does not have the word 'lead' in it.

Academically consistent all through school and college. Was among toppers in both of them.

Extra curricular- In school and college, I was into Oration, writing, science symposiums. I won many state and national level prizes at school.

At my workplace I am into publishing paper, product ideation, and CSR. I have also been a mentor to one of the creativity scholars chosen by Adobe from all over the globe. And currently I am involved in a Pro-Bono project with an established NGO. I also have recognitions from my workplace for my work.

Hobbies- Include reading fiction and health related articles, watching movies and volunteering.

Why MBA? - It is my obvious path right now. I love my job and I want to grow in it. I have gained enough experience to see how a product evolves and how each of the stakeholders is impacted by the progress or lack of it. I am creatively inclined (hence, Adobe!!), and want to develop my ideas into products. My short -term career plan is to go into product management and eventually evolve into higher leadership roles.



Hi,

ISB is an excellent program if you want to get into product management, IIMB EPGP is another one.

Your GMAT is a little low and that can be a challenge applying to the top US colleges. I'd suggest you research colleges ranked 15-40 on Business week rankings for US MBAs- look at the concentrations offered (marketing, technology) and the employment reports.
_________________

Namita Garg,
http://www.mbadecoder.com
+91 9901566772

Contact us at: contact@mbadecoder.com

Ask for a FREE profile evaluation HERE


Featured among the top 25 Women CEOs in India, in the CEO Magazine

Kudos [?]: 147 [0], given: 50

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 02 Apr 2016
Posts: 2

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Jul 2016, 11:21
Hi There,

Request you to please evaluate my profile:

GMAT - 690 (Q50, V33)
B.E. - Civil Engineering from PEC University of Technology, Chandigarh (CG- 8.1/10, Year 2013)
12th - 79.8%
10th - 90.8%

Big Data Analytics Professional with 3 years of experience.
1) Currently associated with Novartis Healthcare, Hyderabad as an Analyst in Business Analytics Team (Region Europe). My work at Novartis involves providing analytics support to Global Brand Managers & Sales Head at Novartis based out of Europe. I have completed 15 months at Novartis as of now.
2) Prior to Novartis, I worked with Mu-Sigma (fastest growing Decision Sciences/Analytics firm) in Bangalore. At Mu-Sigma, I had worked for two major Clients - Walmart & Microsoft over a span of 21 month. During my last 6 months at Mu-Sigma, I led a team of 6 Analysts working for Bing Ads (Microsoft's Online Advertising platform). I have received few awards for my good work & leadership at Mu-Sigma.

I would be really thankful if you review my profile for ISB, NUS MBA, NTU MBA & NUS MSBA.

Also please suggest if I should retake GMAT for better score (I was expecting 700-710).

Many Thanks for you help here.
Regards, Raman

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
User avatar
Joined: 26 Jun 2016
Posts: 22

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 0

Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Jul 2016, 17:10
1
This post was
BOOKMARKED
Hi,

I am ISB Alum from the CO14 and after going through your profile can find a lot of resemblance to some of my classmates who had a similar background.

While your GMAT scores, academics and experiences are all at the positive end of the spectrum, a lot will matter as to how you portray your profile in front of the admissions committee through the application essays. You will need to clearly state as to what motivates you to work in the manufacturing sector and where do you see yourself contributing at the end of the ISB program - in what role and in which industry. This explanation would be a proxy to call out what you expect from the program.
You have all the elements of making a captivating story to read for the admissions committee, it just depends on how you put it across.

Please reach out to me at +91-9701215544 in case you have any questions or need guidance with the entire journey (what to and what NOT to expect at ISB)

Thanks
Arijit

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 0

Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!   [#permalink] 25 Jul 2016, 17:10

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  7   8   9   10   11   12   13  ...  61    Next  [ 1218 posts ] 

    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
9 EXPERTS_POSTS_IN_THIS_TOPIC ISB Class of 2015 - Calling all Admitted Students ankurgupta03 13 26 Feb 2014, 00:32
13 EXPERTS_POSTS_IN_THIS_TOPIC Collection of Important Posts from ISB Class of 2015 Discussion!! Narenn 0 20 Apr 2015, 07:36
30 EXPERTS_POSTS_IN_THIS_TOPIC ISB 2013 Calling All Applicants bb 95 27 Apr 2013, 04:06
EXPERTS_POSTS_IN_THIS_TOPIC Profile Evaluation for ISB-2015 (2016 Batch) himang 3 03 May 2015, 12:48
EXPERTS_POSTS_IN_THIS_TOPIC Profile Evaluation for ISB saileebh 3 19 Jun 2014, 23:35
Display posts from previous: Sort by

ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  


GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.