GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 22 Sep 2018, 17:52

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!

new topic post reply Update application status  
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
S
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Jul 2018, 05:03
Hi Talayva,

We think you have the right elements to apply to ISB. Academically, you have done well so far and a higher GMAT score will help you cement your profile from an academic point of view. Anything north of 720-730 should be a great score to aim for.

For lower work experience, ISB recognizes that you may not have a lot of leadership experience. This is where your strengths, accomplishments, extracurriculars, and qualities come into play. One of the challenges that you could potentially run into is convincing ISB why would you want to go for PGP and not MFAB (Management programme for family business). ISB runs this program specifically aimed at entrepreneurs with family-run businesses and you may want to relook at your goals to answer this question.

Feel free to reach out for a detailed discussion.

Talayva wrote:
Academics:
10th : CGPA :9.8
12th : 98%
B.Tech : 8.49

Work Experience:
13 Months Oracle: Member of Technical Staff
10 Months : Real Estate Sector (Partly owned)

Extra Curricular:
Three Medals in Robotics during College
Real Estate Startup
Marathons , Gym

Leadership:
Fund Raising for Oracle Heart Walk (led a team of 10 ).
Plantation drive near a lake
Coordinator for few technical events during college .

Future Goals

Scale up our family start up , with experience from ISB

GMAT :
Cancelled a score of 700 few days ago . Aiming for anything above 750

Apphelp : India's # 1 MBA admissions consultancy
-----------------------------------------------
Confused about MBA application strategy? Need help with Essay Review? Need mock interviews?
All these questions have a single answer : APPHELP
Phone: +91 9871354580
Email: info@apphelp.co.in
Blog: http://www.blog.apphelp.co.in

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
S
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Jul 2018, 05:27
Hi nick1481

You definitely have a diverse profile and that often works to the applicant's advantage. A few observations:

- Academically your foundation is strong and the weaker aspect where you got a back can be compensated by a higher GMAT score. A score much above the ISB average of 710 would be good. Try to aim higher if possible like a 730+, especially if you want to aim at foreign B-schools.
- Zostel is a good name on the CV, so that also definitely a green.
- Regarding the broadband stint, it definitely adds flavor to your profile. A lot will depend on how you tell this part of the story. Please bear in mind that you could potentially hit some roadblocks in distinguishing your contribution to the family businesses. It is often not as easy to attribute an achievement to you as it would have been in the corporate world.
- You definitely need to re-think your goals. They need to be related to your past learnings and achievements, else it may seem like you pulled a rabbit out of the hat.
- Your extracurriculars are great. You may also want to look at some recent extracurriculars, as the ones from college might seem a little dated.

To summarize, a great GMAT and clear goals that are mapped to what you have achieved so far should take you in the right direction.

Please call us for a detailed discussion and for a better mapping of B-schools.

nick1481 wrote:
Dear Experts

This is going to be a little long so please bear with me.

Academics: 10th- 8/10 CGPA
12th- 78%

I knew I had messed up my boards and if I have to get into a good college I will have to crack the entrances. Secured AIR 5, St. Xavier's Mumbai BMS/BMM Entrance. AIR 86, DU JAT Exam.

Grad- Shaheed Sukhdev College of Business Studies- 59.8% (Got a back in one of the subject in the final semester so had to clear the paper next year)

Work Experience- In the gap year, 2015-16 worked with Zostel/ZO Rooms as Operations Associate. Was among the first 20 employees to join and traveled to more than 15 states to help expand the product pan India. Added new vertical of sales for the startup and also led Gujarat state for few months before they got acquired by Oyo Rooms.

2016-18: Always wanted to come back to my home state Bihar and do something here to bring a change. Picked up the broadband industry since broadband in Bihar was defined by 512 kbps and there was a massive outage on a daily basis with prices as expensive as 2 Mbps for Rs.1200. I could clearly see a demand for good broadband service and there was no major ISP providing broadband services in Bihar like- Airtel, TATA etc. It was very much possible for me to do this because my family business was already in Cable TV. So I had to leverage our existing customer base and existing infrastructure. So after doing all sorts of ground research and chalking out plans for price disruption, we secured a license from Department of Telecommunication and kick-started our operations. We have been able to make a significant progress, reduce the price by more than half and our work has been appreciated by the state government and recently we were able to bag all the tenders of broadband services in Smart City Project.

Extra Curricular-

Best Entrepreneur at Insignia 2015- National level Management fest of St. Xavier’s College, Kolkata.
Runners Up in Supply Chain Management at Insignia 2015- National level Management fest of St. Xavier’s College, Kolkata.
First Prize, B-Plan Competition at Shaheed Sukhdev College of Business Studies. (March 2105).
Third Prize, B-Plan Competition at Miranda House. (March 2015).
Second Prize, B-Plan Competition at Delhi College of Arts and Commerce. (March 2015).
Winner at Seeds of Hope- A social entrepreneurship competition organized by Bain and Company (2013)
Winner at Wal-Mart Women’s Empowerment Competition 2013.
Represented SSCBS at the Enactus India National Competition 2013 in Mumbai.
Semi-Finalist at The Dell Social Innovation Challenge.
National Level Player of Badminton in 2010 (Certified by Badminton Association of India)
Sportsman of the Year Award – For outstanding contribution in Sports and Leadership Skills (2012)
Played Exhibition Match against 5 times World Champion, Indian Grand Master Viswanathan Anand and received Special Mention.
2 times consecutive Winner of Inter College Cricket Championship held in the University of Delhi. (2013/14).
3rd Prize in CBSE All India East Zone Badminton Competition 2011

Why MBA?

I have started to feel that my learning here has become limited and there's a lot more that I wish to do in Bihar. Especially in the Edu-tech space. With my current skills and learnings, I can build things only at a certain level. I think MBA will provide the upgrade I am looking for to further achieve the goals I am looking for.

GMAT- Will write my GMAT next month and I am more than confident to score a 700+

I understand that my academics score are not really up to the mark but I want to focus on the work that I have been doing and the change it has brought in a Tier 3 city through my application.

Please evaluate my profile and do suggest if ISB would be a good fit and if there are any other MBA programs abroad that would suit someone with my type of profile and work experience.

Thanks in advance.

Apphelp : India's # 1 MBA admissions consultancy
-----------------------------------------------
Confused about MBA application strategy? Need help with Essay Review? Need mock interviews?
All these questions have a single answer : APPHELP
Phone: +91 9871354580
Email: info@apphelp.co.in
Blog: http://www.blog.apphelp.co.in

Intern
Intern
ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Jul 2018, 07:54
Hi
Please evaluate my profile.
I have a testing profile and working in IT sector (Tech Mahindra).
Have 8 years of experience.
The US and Canadian clients that I have worked with dealt in domains such as Retail, Banking and Finance.
I have worked for few NGOs (not very big names) during my engineering days and first few years in Infosys.

I have given GRE [score 321 and AWA 3] and GMAT conversion for this is 670.
Gender Female
SSC 84%
HSC 79%
B.TECH in Biotechnology with 78%

I am not sure if I have any chance of getting into ISB. Please share your inputs as I have heard that for ISB 324 plus GRE score is required.
VP
VP
S
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V48
GRE 1: Q800 V740

Show Tags

New post 07 Jul 2018, 08:01
Top Contributor
Ckal wrote:
Hi
The US and Canadian clients that I have worked with dealt in domains such as Retail, Banking and Finance.
I have worked for few NGOs (not very big names) during my engineering days and first few years in Infosys.

Gender Female
SSC 84%
HSC 79%

I am not sure if I have any chance of getting into ISB. Please share your inputs as I have heard that for ISB 324 plus GRE score is required.

Hi Ckal

Thanks for posting. You should use your GRE score than GMAT to apply. Also, any onsite experience to report?

GyanOne | Top MBA Rankings and MBA Admissions Blog

Top MBA Admissions Consulting | Top MiM Admissions Consulting

Premium MBA Essay Review|Best MBA Interview Preparation|Exclusive GMAT coaching

Get a FREE Detailed MBA Profile Evaluation | Call us now +91 98998 31738

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 07 Jul 2018, 08:15
No onsite experience. I will be using GRE score to apply but not sure if the score is good enough.

Posted from my mobile device
MBA Decoder Admissions Consultant
P

Show Tags

New post 07 Jul 2018, 11:37
Ckal wrote:
Hi

Gender Female
SSC 84%
HSC 79%

Hi Ckal,
I responded to your post on the Rotman group. On the ISB thread- I'll address your GRE- while people do get in with lower GMAT/GRE scores, you should present a compelling, holistic profile that makes you irresistible to the adcom, despite the low test scores. Specifically, you work-related details- achievements, career progression and clear career goals will be very important here.
You should also address why you waited all these years to do an MBA.

Namita Garg,
http://www.mbadecoder.com
Call me on my cellphone: +91 9901566772
Contact us at: contact@mbadecoder.com

We are accepting applicants for mid-October/November deadlines

SERVICES| PROFILE DISCUSSION | BLOG

Intern
Intern
Schools: ISB '20
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.85
ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Jul 2018, 16:38
Hi, please evaluate my profile for ISB.

14+ yrs of experience (11 yrs in software delivery (dev/lead/PM/SPM), last 3 yrs in Software Sr Sales Director)
8+yrs of experience working onsite
10th - 83%
12th - 76%
Engineering computer science - 68%

My experience as a sales manager can show case how i have worked focusing to create brand awareness, build network & establish relationships with prospects to grow our business. My prior experience would also have instances where i have taken up leadership role and changed the customer perspective from negative to positive.

Would be giving my GMAT soon. Hopefully would be able to cross 700.
MBA Decoder Admissions Consultant
P

Show Tags

New post 07 Jul 2018, 21:53
gunnysunny wrote:

14+ yrs of experience (11 yrs in software delivery (dev/lead/PM/SPM), last 3 yrs in Software Sr Sales Director)
10th - 83%
12th - 76%

My experience as a sales manager can show case how i have worked focusing to create brand awareness, build network & establish relationships with prospects to grow our business. My prior experience would also have instances where i have taken up leadership role and changed the customer perspective from negative to positive.

Hi Gunny Sunny,

That's a great experience overall. As you have rightly pointed out you must address your substantial leadership experience to prove to the adcom that you have had excellent career growth and achievements. The other important thing is to convince them that :
1. You really do need the MBA. Present ambitious goals and explain why they require an MBA.
2. NOW IS the right time to get an MBA - this is crucial. Adcoms want to know why you did not do it earlier like most others.
3. Assure them that you have a strong network to find yourself a job.

I'd anyhow recommend you apply to IIMA PGPX. ISB has been accepting lesser senior executives over the last two years, so you should keep your other options open in order to ensure you definitely go to business school next year.

There are other options abroad- there is the Sloan Fellowship program that is administered by MIT Sloan, LBS and Stanford (MSx). There's also an iBear program by USC Marshall. All four programs are one year, residential and are specifically designed for senior professionals like you, who are ready to jump to senior leadership roles.

Reach out to us should you want to discuss your profile further.

Namita Garg,
http://www.mbadecoder.com
Call me on my cellphone: +91 9901566772
Contact us at: contact@mbadecoder.com

We are accepting applicants for mid-October/November deadlines

SERVICES| PROFILE DISCUSSION | BLOG

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 07 Jul 2018, 23:22
Hi All,

I am holding a bachelor degree in COM(H) with 55.76%. I have got 4 years of experience in Analytics. I have worked in different sectors such as healthcare, ERU, Retail.
I want to pursue my management or post graduation from ISB. I am preparing myself for GMAT now. Please suggest am I eligible for ISB or not? Or How should progress my career right now in order to achieve that?

I am also attaching my resume. Please have a look into it and let me know.

Thanks,
Deepsekhar
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 08 Jul 2018, 01:27
Hi Everyone,
The responses above have Benn of great help! Thank you!

Also , if someone could review my profile.

10th percentile: 93
12th: 90
Engg CGP : 5.65/6.00 (76%) Electronic and telecommunications.

Work Experience : 2 years in Accenture
Designation : Software Application developer.

I was initially dumped into QA , Based on my learning curiosity and exams that I gave in Accenture in my domain , I was offered for the role of a developer.(Should I be mentioning this in my profile?)

During My tenure in Accenture , I was part of various CSR activities and in the Organising team mostly Annual event , Project events.

Extra Curricular:
1. I am a State Basketball player.
2. Trained Bharatnatyam dancer (4years)
3. Was Chairperson of a club in Engineering.

I will elaborate the above activities more in my essay.
I haven't get given GMAT. What should be my ideal GMAT score?

Also, how difficult is it for a Technical person to switch to Marketing.

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Director
Director
G
Affiliations: one MBA coach
Schools: HBS, INSEAD, HEC, ISB, Rotman, IIMA , IIM, EDHEC
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.75

Show Tags

New post 08 Jul 2018, 02:17
Hello gunnysunny

First things first, with 14 years of experience you must show a need for an MBA at this stage (especially with ISB where you will be an outlier)
Coming to your profile, ISB will look at all the admission factors mentioned here to evaluate your candidature.
Past Acads are average and with your IT background you should aim for a 730+ to stand out from the over-represented and competitive pool.
As mentioned earlier, since your work ex is on the higher side, you will be expected to show more maturity, career progress and achievements in these years. Since this info is missing, it it tough to give e meaningful feedback. That said, yes, sales experience cal help as you will definitely have stories that show a direct impact on the business of your organization. But execution is important.
With IT background, diversity factor weakens a bit (especially when the very first essay asks for diversity this time). Your extracurricular can help here. In absence of any info around EC again, cannot give a detailed feedback.
Lastly, what are your career goals my friend? Why is an MBA an absolute necessity for you at this stage? Profile is incomplete without this info. You can supplement your research on career goals by reading here.
You will need a spike in at least 3 out of these 4 (Acads+WorkEx+Diversity+CareerGoals)
I don't see a spike anywhere either due to average performance (Acads) or missing info (WorkEx,Diversity,Goals)
To get an admission you will need to showcase strengths in these factors in your essays.

Best
Varun Sharma
+919137133507
Free Profile Review
MBAkarma.com
GMAT Score Predictor
info@mbakarma.com

gunnysunny wrote:

10th - 83%
12th - 76%

Varun Sharma
MBAkarma.com
info (at) MBAkarma (dot) com

Director
Director
G

Show Tags

New post 08 Jul 2018, 02:21
Hello deep26

ISB requires a minimum of 2 years full time work ex after graduation. So yes, you are eligible.
But to get an admission you will need to perform well over the admission factors mentioned here.. This will automatically include details on career and also diversity, career goals etc. (you can read more on career goals here)
It will help better evaluate your profile with more details around these factors.
Best
Varun Sharma
+919137133507
Free Profile Review
MBAkarma.com
GMAT Score Predictor
info@mbakarma.com

deep26 wrote:
Hi All,

I am holding a bachelor degree in COM(H) with 55.76%. I have got 4 years of experience in Analytics. I have worked in different sectors such as healthcare, ERU, Retail.
I want to pursue my management or post graduation from ISB. I am preparing myself for GMAT now. Please suggest am I eligible for ISB or not? Or How should progress my career right now in order to achieve that?

I am also attaching my resume. Please have a look into it and let me know.

Thanks,
Deepsekhar

Varun Sharma
MBAkarma.com

Director
Director
G

Show Tags

New post 08 Jul 2018, 02:31
Hello Varsha82

ISB looks at your profile holistically while judging the quality of your application (you can [urlhttps://mbakarma.com/profile-of-an-mba-applicant-how-to-get-admission-at-top-b-schools]read more in detail here[/url])
If we break down your profile (based on the info given) this is what we get-
1. Acads- past scores are good. To show consistency and to stand out from the large IT pool that you belong to, target a 730+ GMAT.
2. Work Ex- With 2 years of work ex, you are slightly on the lower end, especially with your technical background. You will have to showcase a much stronger career progression and achievements compared to other applicants. You story of moving into development could potentially help, but you will need much more to show that you are ready now.
3. Diversity- Since you belong to the biggest pool you will need to show strong Extracurricular to stand out. While your EC look interesting (especially Bharatnatyam & Basketball), highlight the stories behind them and how they make you a better candidate. This is all the more essential as the very first essay is asking about diversity.
4. Career Goals- What are your future goals and why is an MBA from ISB an absolute necessity? An added question specific to you- why now and not a couple of years later having gained more experience? Without a compelling answer your profile feedback will be incomplete. You can add to your research by reading here.
You will need a spike on 3 out of 4 factors mentioned above to get an admission at ISB.
Get a spike in acads by scoring 730+. You may have a potential spike in Diversity (if you use the EC stories well). But I do not see a spike in Work Ex or Career goals due to missing info. If you can get a spike in at least one of these 2, you will stand a fighting chance.
Needless to say final outcome will depend on how well you tie these in your written application.

Best
Varun Sharma
+919137133507
Free Profile Review
MBAkarma.com
GMAT Score Predictor
info@mbakarma.com

Varsha82 wrote:
Hi Everyone,
The responses above have Benn of great help! Thank you!

Also , if someone could review my profile.

10th percentile: 93
12th: 90
Engg CGP : 5.65/6.00 (76%) Electronic and telecommunications.

Work Experience : 2 years in Accenture
Designation : Software Application developer.

I was initially dumped into QA , Based on my learning curiosity and exams that I gave in Accenture in my domain , I was offered for the role of a developer.(Should I be mentioning this in my profile?)

During My tenure in Accenture , I was part of various CSR activities and in the Organising team mostly Annual event , Project events.

Extra Curricular:
1. I am a State Basketball player.
2. Trained Bharatnatyam dancer (4years)
3. Was Chairperson of a club in Engineering.

I will elaborate the above activities more in my essay.
I haven't get given GMAT. What should be my ideal GMAT score?

Also, how difficult is it for a Technical person to switch to Marketing.

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Varun Sharma
MBAkarma.com

Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 08 Jul 2018, 04:24
Talayva wrote:
Academics:
10th : CGPA :9.8
12th : 98%
B.Tech : 8.49

Work Experience:
13 Months Oracle: Member of Technical Staff
10 Months : Real Estate Sector (Partly owned)

Extra Curricular:
Three Medals in Robotics during College
Real Estate Startup
Marathons , Gym

Leadership:
Fund Raising for Oracle Heart Walk (led a team of 10 ).
Plantation drive near a lake
Coordinator for few technical events during college .

Future Goals

Scale up our family start up , with experience from ISB

GMAT :
Cancelled a score of 700 few days ago . Aiming for anything above 750

Hi,

You have a stellar academic track record and ISB would definitely focus on that since your work experience is on the lower end. Please note that for the 10 month start up experience that you've mentioned, you'll need to provide relevant documents to the ISB panel.

ISB will evaluate you on your leadership capabilities and your diversity quotient. With the info provided, we believe you stand a fair chance for the incoming class.

Kindly reach out to us at beyondthegmat@gmail.com or call us on +91-7022839859.

Team BeyondtheGMAT
Email: beyondthegmat@gmail.com

Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 08 Jul 2018, 04:36
Kryptographer wrote:
Dear Experts,

Could you please help evaluate my profile?

Academics:
X: 83.20%
XII: 77.16%
Undergrads: BE in ECE (69.80%)
GMAT: 700 Q47 V39 AWA5 IR6

Work Experience:
5 years 6 Months with Accenture as a SAP Project Systems Consultant.
Worked with clients in mapping business process to SAP. Lead and trained teams to deliver projects under strict timelines.
Lead a long term volunteering at a NGO as part of our company's CSR Activities.
Also won a prize of 1500 USD for a national level competition during my college days.

I understand that with my IT profile my chances seem slim.
However, I intend to retake the GMAT, but what should be a good score to target with my profile?

Thanks for your time!

Hi,

You have a decent profile profile with your work experience primarily in IT implementation role. In your current role, you must have had a chance to work with a diverse set of people across different industries. This year, through its essays, ISB has emphasized on diversity and leadership. You will have to structure your essays in a way that they highlight these key elements in your profile.

For a detailed evaluation, you may reach out to us at beyondthegmat@gmail.com or call us on +91-7022839859

Team BeyondtheGMAT

Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 08 Jul 2018, 04:47
vaibhav6215 wrote:
Hi Experts,

Here's a quick overview of my profile for your evaluation :

Academics :
10th - 95%
12th - 90%
B.Tech - 7.9

Work Ex : 3 years
7 months - Real estate
2.5 years - Consulting/Analytics :
-22 Months as a Business Associate at ZS Associates
-6 months as an Advanced Analytics Consultant at PwC India (current company)

Planning to write GMAT in 3 weeks (consistent 720+ scores in the practice tests) and hoping to score anywhere around 750

Extra Acads :
School, College, State and National level quizzer with plenty of awards

Long Term Goal :
Management consulting/business analytics career

Thanks a lot in advance!

Hi

You have a very impressive profile and with a potentially high GMAT score you have a very good and fair shot at ISB for its incoming class. ISB will evaluate you on your work-ex in management consulting and analytics domain and would be keen to have such a candidate that brings a diverse perspective to various classroom discussions. It is important to structure your essays well, highlighting your leadership skills and diversity quotient, to make an impact on the adcom.

For a detailed evaluation, you may reach out to us at beyondthegmat@gmail.com or call us on +91-7022839859

Team BeyondtheGMAT

Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 08 Jul 2018, 05:13
nick1481 wrote:
Dear Experts

This is going to be a little long so please bear with me.

Academics: 10th- 8/10 CGPA
12th- 78%

I knew I had messed up my boards and if I have to get into a good college I will have to crack the entrances. Secured AIR 5, St. Xavier's Mumbai BMS/BMM Entrance. AIR 86, DU JAT Exam.

Grad- Shaheed Sukhdev College of Business Studies- 59.8% (Got a back in one of the subject in the final semester so had to clear the paper next year)

Work Experience- In the gap year, 2015-16 worked with Zostel/ZO Rooms as Operations Associate. Was among the first 20 employees to join and traveled to more than 15 states to help expand the product pan India. Added new vertical of sales for the startup and also led Gujarat state for few months before they got acquired by Oyo Rooms.

2016-18: Always wanted to come back to my home state Bihar and do something here to bring a change. Picked up the broadband industry since broadband in Bihar was defined by 512 kbps and there was a massive outage on a daily basis with prices as expensive as 2 Mbps for Rs.1200. I could clearly see a demand for good broadband service and there was no major ISP providing broadband services in Bihar like- Airtel, TATA etc. It was very much possible for me to do this because my family business was already in Cable TV. So I had to leverage our existing customer base and existing infrastructure. So after doing all sorts of ground research and chalking out plans for price disruption, we secured a license from Department of Telecommunication and kick-started our operations. We have been able to make a significant progress, reduce the price by more than half and our work has been appreciated by the state government and recently we were able to bag all the tenders of broadband services in Smart City Project.

Extra Curricular-

Best Entrepreneur at Insignia 2015- National level Management fest of St. Xavier’s College, Kolkata.
Runners Up in Supply Chain Management at Insignia 2015- National level Management fest of St. Xavier’s College, Kolkata.
First Prize, B-Plan Competition at Shaheed Sukhdev College of Business Studies. (March 2105).
Third Prize, B-Plan Competition at Miranda House. (March 2015).
Second Prize, B-Plan Competition at Delhi College of Arts and Commerce. (March 2015).
Winner at Seeds of Hope- A social entrepreneurship competition organized by Bain and Company (2013)
Winner at Wal-Mart Women’s Empowerment Competition 2013.
Represented SSCBS at the Enactus India National Competition 2013 in Mumbai.
Semi-Finalist at The Dell Social Innovation Challenge.
National Level Player of Badminton in 2010 (Certified by Badminton Association of India)
Sportsman of the Year Award – For outstanding contribution in Sports and Leadership Skills (2012)
Played Exhibition Match against 5 times World Champion, Indian Grand Master Viswanathan Anand and received Special Mention.
2 times consecutive Winner of Inter College Cricket Championship held in the University of Delhi. (2013/14).
3rd Prize in CBSE All India East Zone Badminton Competition 2011

Why MBA?

I have started to feel that my learning here has become limited and there's a lot more that I wish to do in Bihar. Especially in the Edu-tech space. With my current skills and learnings, I can build things only at a certain level. I think MBA will provide the upgrade I am looking for to further achieve the goals I am looking for.

GMAT- Will write my GMAT next month and I am more than confident to score a 700+

I understand that my academics score are not really up to the mark but I want to focus on the work that I have been doing and the change it has brought in a Tier 3 city through my application.

Please evaluate my profile and do suggest if ISB would be a good fit and if there are any other MBA programs abroad that would suit someone with my type of profile and work experience.

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

Your story resonates with the stories of some of our previous candidates who had gone back to their home towns after completing their under-grads from premiere institutes and worked for the
community and also established operationally successful ventures.

ISB has always put a lot of emphasis on diversity and your profile, if presented in a impactful manner, will definitely resonate well with the adcom. A lot of b-schools look for entrepreneurs who have started successful businesses and have demonstrated a strong business acumen.

In addition to ISB, you may consider MBA programs at USC Marshall and Babson (both known to prefer candidates with entrepreneurial background)

Team BeyondtheGMAT

VP
VP
S
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V48
GRE 1: Q800 V740

Show Tags

New post 09 Jul 2018, 03:59
Top Contributor
gunnysunny wrote:

10th - 83%
12th - 76%

Hi gunnysunny

Thanks for posting. At 14 years of professional experience, you may be too experienced for ISB. The onsite experience will be very useful in your applications though. Possibly look at IIMC (PGPEX) and IIML (PGPEX), in addition to IIMA (PGPX). Depending on your goals, you may also want to consider the ISB PGPMAX (part-time program for senior executives). In case you are looking at programs abroad, do let us know.

GyanOne | Top MBA Rankings and MBA Admissions Blog

Top MBA Admissions Consulting | Top MiM Admissions Consulting

Premium MBA Essay Review|Best MBA Interview Preparation|Exclusive GMAT coaching

Get a FREE Detailed MBA Profile Evaluation | Call us now +91 98998 31738

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 09 Jul 2018, 06:37
Hi

Personal profile : Dr. Yash T, 25 years, male, Indian

Academic backround :
10th from ICSE, India : 91%
12th from Goa State board in PCMB : 78%
MBBS from Goa Medical College, Goa University : from 20011 to 2016
MBBS average Percentage : 64%

Professional background:
Internship : 12 months : Feb. 2016 to feb 2018 in Goa Medical College
Resident medical officer of Plastic Surgery: 1 year;

Total Work experience: 21 months

Extra- Curriculars:
Plays various percussion Instruments including acoustic drums. Won quizzes at High School level
Future plan post MBA: Want to work in the pharmaceutical sector.
Intern
Intern
GPA: 3.62
WE: Supply Chain Management (Manufacturing)

Show Tags

New post 09 Jul 2018, 06:42
Hi Experts,

Here's a quick overview of my profile for your evaluation :

Academics :
10th - 92%
12th - 83%
B.Tech - 9.1

Work Ex : 3 years in supply chain in manufacturing
2 years in data analysis field
1 year as a Forecast analyst into forecasting

Planning to write GMAT in 3 weeks

Long Term Goal :
Management/business analytics

Thanks a lot in advance!

Posted from my mobile device
GMAT Club Bot
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! &nbs [#permalink] 09 Jul 2018, 06:42

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  92   93   94   95   96  ...  111    Next  [ 2204 posts ] 

ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: mihir0710, warriorguy

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap