GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 17 Aug 2018, 00:21

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!

new topic post reply Update application status  
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
G
Affiliations: one MBA coach
Schools: HBS, INSEAD, HEC, ISB, Rotman, IIMA , IIM, EDHEC
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.75
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Jul 2018, 06:50
Hello dryashtal

ISB will evaluate your candidature holistically on admission factors mentioned here.
If we break down your profile (on the info given) this is what we get-
1. Academic Background- Past scores + GMAT show your potential to handle the pressure of the program. While your past scores are good, it will help understand what sort of GMAT score are you expecting? I would recommend to target a 720+ to stand out (especially since your work ex is on the lower side)
2. Work Ex- Is 21 months including the internship? I would then recommend to have your eligibility checked by writing to ISB, to make sure this work ex is considered full time or not. If not, then you may have to apply via EEO. Setting that aside, you will need to show your contribution and achievements at work.
3. Diversity- Your work ex certainly puts you in a diverse bracket. Also EC around instruments can be an interesting skill set to showcase. However, remember to show how these activities have had a long term relationship and a positive impact on your life. Also you should consider highlighting how you stand out vs other medical professionals who apply to ISB and are more experienced.
4. Career Goals- You wish to move into the pharmaceutical industry, but in what capacity? You will need to show what sort of roles interest you, whether they are realistic after ISB and what conscious career decisions have you made to make this a successful transition. You could supplement your research by reading here.
You will need a spike on 3 out of 4 above factors to stand a fighting chance. You have a potential spike in Diversity. But identifying a spike on Acads (missing GMAT), Work Ex (missing achievements) and Career Goals (missing specific answer) is difficult with the given information.
Needless to say final success will depend on how well you tie all the above in your written application.

Best
Varun Sharma
+919137133507
Free Profile Review
MBAkarma.com
GMAT Score Predictor
info@mbakarma.com

dryashtal wrote:
Hi

Personal profile : Dr. Yash T, 25 years, male, Indian

Academic backround :
10th from ICSE, India : 91%
12th from Goa State board in PCMB : 78%
MBBS from Goa Medical College, Goa University : from 20011 to 2016
MBBS average Percentage : 64%

Professional background:
Internship : 12 months : Feb. 2016 to feb 2018 in Goa Medical College
Resident medical officer of Plastic Surgery: 1 year;

Total Work experience: 21 months

Extra- Curriculars:
Plays various percussion Instruments including acoustic drums. Won quizzes at High School level
Future plan post MBA: Want to work in the pharmaceutical sector.

Varun Sharma
MBAkarma.com
info (at) MBAkarma (dot) com

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
G
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Jul 2018, 06:58
Hello vikramtantri

While your past acads look strong, what sort of GMAT score are you expecting? With a bent towards analytics and to stand out target a 720+.
Working in manufacturing as an analyst is great, but this info conceals more than it reveals. What has been your career progress and what are your key accomplishments at work? You will need to show a business oriented impact.
Will also need info around your extracurricular activities as they help add diversity to your profile (and the very first essay asks for diversity)
Lastly, moving into analytics seems realistic, but why the need of an MBA. Why can't you grow organically? The answer again lacks detail to give a meaningful answer. You may wish to read this to aid in your research.
Remember that ISB will be looking at all these facets of your profile while evaluating your application. (You can read more in detail here)
The info that you have given takes care of the 'quantitative' part of your profile (minus the GMAT). But for a more fruitful assessment of your chances one would also need to know the 'qualitative' side of your profile as well.
Should you feel the need to discuss your profile in detail, let me know.

Best
Varun Sharma
+919137133507
Free Profile Review
MBAkarma.com
GMAT Score Predictor
info@mbakarma.com

vikramtantri wrote:
Hi Experts,

Here's a quick overview of my profile for your evaluation :

Academics :
10th - 92%
12th - 83%
B.Tech - 9.1

Work Ex : 3 years in supply chain in manufacturing
2 years in data analysis field
1 year as a Forecast analyst into forecasting

Planning to write GMAT in 3 weeks

Long Term Goal :
Management/business analytics

Thanks a lot in advance!

Posted from my mobile device

Varun Sharma
MBAkarma.com

VP
VP
S
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V48
GRE 1: Q800 V740

Show Tags

New post 09 Jul 2018, 07:40
Top Contributor
vikramtantri wrote:
Hi Experts,

Here's a quick overview of my profile for your evaluation :

Academics :
10th - 92%
12th - 83%
B.Tech - 9.1

Work Ex : 3 years in supply chain in manufacturing
2 years in data analysis field
1 year as a Forecast analyst into forecasting

Planning to write GMAT in 3 weeks

Long Term Goal :
Management/business analytics

Thanks a lot in advance!

Posted from my mobile device

Looks good overall and competitive from the numbers you have posted Vikram. If you can crack 700+ on the GMAT you should have a good chance with a decent application.

GyanOne | Top MBA Rankings and MBA Admissions Blog

Top MBA Admissions Consulting | Top MiM Admissions Consulting

Premium MBA Essay Review|Best MBA Interview Preparation|Exclusive GMAT coaching

Get a FREE Detailed MBA Profile Evaluation | Call us now +91 98998 31738

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 09 Jul 2018, 12:05
Hello everybody.

A glimpse at my profile:

Dr. Manek Ghadiali/28yrs/M

BDS (2005- 2012) - 61.4% avg

Masters in Hospital Administration(MHA) - TISS, Mumbai (2015- 2017) - 6.2 CGPA

X - CBSE - 84.8%

XII - CBSE - 80.00%

Work Ex-

18 months as a clinician

14 months - Currently running medical operations with Max Healthcare Ltd as an Assistant Medical Superintendent. Manage two projects as well as in charge of about 30 MBBS doctors known as the resident doctors apart from running day to day operations.

Internships:

Total of 9 months of internships with various hospitals learning operations

12 months of compulsory internship as a graduate student

Extra currics:

Have taught and practise mixed martial arts including muay thai and jiu jitsu

PADI certified level 1 Deep Sea Diver

President of the Animal Care Club in college. Part of various animal organisations which help in fostering and rehabilitating street/abandoned animals. Have fostered several animals myself. Also part of a trust which is India's most successful animal neutering drive in Rajasthan.

Cultural Secretary in my bachelor college as well

School level - Rajasthan State Tennis Player

Now the downside - I have a 670 in my gmat and am pressed for time with no relief from work and application deadlines in the next two months so as of now I am not planning to re take the exam

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 09 Jul 2018, 12:08
mjg51089 wrote:
Hello everybody.

A glimpse at my profile:

X - CBSE - 84.8%

XII - CBSE - 80.00%

Work Ex-

18 months as a clinician

14 months - Currently running medical operations with Max Healthcare Ltd as an Assistant Medical Superintendent. Manage two projects as well as in charge of about 30 MBBS doctors known as the resident doctors apart from running day to day operations.

Internships:

Extra currics:

President of the Animal Care Club in college. Part of various animal organisations which help in fostering and rehabilitating street/abandoned animals. Have fostered several animals myself. Also part of a trust which is India's most successful animal neutering drive in Rajasthan.

Now the downside - I have a 670 in my gmat and am pressed for time with no relief from work and application deadlines in the next two months so as of now I am not planning to re take the exam

Sorry BDS 2007-2012 no gaps

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
G

Show Tags

New post 09 Jul 2018, 20:50
Hello mjg51089

Kudos to the detailed post. Remember that ISB will look at your profile holistically based on all the admission factors mentioned here.
If we break it down this is what we get-
1) Academic Potential- Your past acads are average (not stellar) and ideally a strong GMAT to compensate for that. While I understand your reasons to no retake, 670 is much below the ISB average and you will then need to showcase a spike in all three factors mentioned below.
2) Quality of Work Ex- Though your work ex definitely looks unique, ISB is more interested to know how you have grown and what are your achievements. If the right stories are selected, I see a potential spike here.
3) Diversity- You work ex/professional background definitely adds diversity to your profile. In addition, your extracurricular seem very strong. You will have to select the right stories to showcase in the diversity essay. Again potentially, you have a spike here.
4) Career Goals- By far the most important piece of the admissions puzzle. What are your future goals and why is an MBA an absolute necessity to reach these goals? Sadly this info is missing. Add to your research by reading here.
To conclude you need a spike in at least 3 out of 4 factors mentioned above. I don't see a spike in Acads (average performance) and Career Goals (missing details). But I do see a potential spike in Work Ex & Diversity. If you can put forth realistic goals in your essays, you may stand a good chance.
Should you need to discuss this in detail let me know.

Best
Varun Sharma
+919137133507
Free Profile Review
MBAkarma.com
GMAT Score Predictor
info@mbakarma.com

mjg51089 wrote:
Hello everybody.

A glimpse at my profile:

X - CBSE - 84.8%

XII - CBSE - 80.00%

Work Ex-

18 months as a clinician

Internships:

Extra currics:

Varun Sharma
MBAkarma.com

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 09 Jul 2018, 21:26
oneMBAcoach wrote:
Hello mjg51089

Kudos to the detailed post. Remember that ISB will look at your profile holistically based on all the admission factors mentioned here.
1) Academic Potential- Your past acads are average (not stellar) and ideally a strong GMAT to compensate for that. While I understand your reasons to no retake, 670 is much below the ISB average and you will then need to showcase a spike in all three factors mentioned below.
2) Quality of Work Ex- Though your work ex definitely looks unique, ISB is more interested to know how you have grown and what are your achievements. If the right stories are selected, I see a potential spike here.
3) Diversity- You work ex/professional background definitely adds diversity to your profile. In addition, your extracurricular seem very strong. You will have to select the right stories to showcase in the diversity essay. Again potentially, you have a spike here.
4) Career Goals- By far the most important piece of the admissions puzzle. What are your future goals and why is an MBA an absolute necessity to reach these goals? Sadly this info is missing. Add to your research by reading here.
To conclude you need a spike in at least 3 out of 4 factors mentioned above. I don't see a spike in Acads (average performance) and Career Goals (missing details). But I do see a potential spike in Work Ex & Diversity. If you can put forth realistic goals in your essays, you may stand a good chance.

Best
Varun Sharma
+919137133507
Free Profile Review
MBAkarma.com
GMAT Score Predictor
info@mbakarma.com

mjg51089 wrote:
Hello everybody.

A glimpse at my profile:

X - CBSE - 84.8%

XII - CBSE - 80.00%

Work Ex-

18 months as a clinician

Internships:

Extra currics:

Hi Varun,

Thank you for that. Just adding my post mba goals for you to know

Immediate: Change from an operations role to a strategic role. And over the course of the next few years I would like to learn and understand the various business models applied by the current corporate hospitals.

Down the line: I wish to answer or atleast address one of the two most pertinent questions asked in the Healthcare industry - accessibility and affordability. Plan on targeting semi urban areas across India to hopefully one day start a hospital system to address the issue of accessibility (shortest way I could put a long brief)

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
G

Show Tags

New post 10 Jul 2018, 01:08
Hello mjg51089

Since you are not planning to make a major shift, the story will be realistic and organic.
That said, be a little more specific in your application as to what sort of roles you wish to target (and whether such companies/roles recruit from ISB). This will show your research, fit and will also be helpful in the interviews.
All in all, you have strengths in your profile and stand a good chance if you put together a good application (essays & LOR). As you already know the GMAT is the only factor which can be a deal breaker in your specific case, that is why the written application becomes doubly important.
All the best.

Best
Varun Sharma
+919137133507
Free Profile Review
MBAkarma.com
GMAT Score Predictor
info@mbakarma.com

mjg51089 wrote:
oneMBAcoach wrote:
Hello mjg51089

Best
Varun Sharma
+919137133507
Free Profile Review
MBAkarma.com
GMAT Score Predictor
info@mbakarma.com

mjg51089 wrote:
Hello everybody.

A glimpse at my profile:

X - CBSE - 84.8%

XII - CBSE - 80.00%

Work Ex-

18 months as a clinician

Internships:

Extra currics:

Hi Varun,

Thank you for that. Just adding my post mba goals for you to know

Immediate: Change from an operations role to a strategic role. And over the course of the next few years I would like to learn and understand the various business models applied by the current corporate hospitals.

Down the line: I wish to answer or atleast address one of the two most pertinent questions asked in the Healthcare industry - accessibility and affordability. Plan on targeting semi urban areas across India to hopefully one day start a hospital system to address the issue of accessibility (shortest way I could put a long brief)

Varun Sharma
MBAkarma.com

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
S

Show Tags

New post 10 Jul 2018, 03:16
Hi mjg51089,

You definitely have a diverse profile and a good work-experience, that would be valued at ISB. Given your work-experience, we think that while academics and GMAT are important, they may not be a deal breaker. The bigger challenge would be to answer why an MBA is important to you considering you already have an MHA. The answer here would lie in your goals, and making sure you are talking about the bigger picture. We especially like your long-term goals and adding the necessary depth to your essays should take you over the line.

mjg51089 wrote:
Hello everybody.

A glimpse at my profile:

X - CBSE - 84.8%

XII - CBSE - 80.00%

Work Ex-

18 months as a clinician

Internships:

Extra currics:

Apphelp : India's # 1 MBA admissions consultancy
-----------------------------------------------
Confused about MBA application strategy? Need help with Essay Review? Need mock interviews?
All these questions have a single answer : APPHELP
Phone: +91 9871354580
Email: info@apphelp.co.in
Blog: http://www.blog.apphelp.co.in

Experts' Global Representative
G

Show Tags

New post 10 Jul 2018, 03:47
mjg51089 wrote:
Hello everybody.

A glimpse at my profile:

X - CBSE - 84.8%

XII - CBSE - 80.00%

Work Ex-

18 months as a clinician

Internships:

Extra currics:

Hello mjg51089,

Thanks for our query.

There is definitely a lot working for you, considering the fact that you have a diverse background, have fine leadership experience, and have been involved in a range of extra-curricular activities. Of course, the career goals look well in line as well. Having said this, as already identified by you, the GMAT is much below the average at ISB; considering this, as well as the fact that your academic scores at college have not been stellar, there is a pressing necessity for you to re-attempt the test and boost your score.

While a re-take is recommended (anything upwards of 700 should give you a good chance), if you do choose to apply with your current score, you will need to put in place, a set of stellar essays, which not only represent your strengths, skills, and achievements, in the most appropriate manner but also accurately establish your need for an MBA. Of course, the portrayal of your career goals will be immensely important and your short-term and long-term goals should be clearly demarcated and must appear in logical sync with each other. To reiterate, your essays need to be exceptional to set you apart from the remaining pool, considering your GMAT score is quite a bit on the lower side.

Should you have any follow-up questions, feel free to write to us.

All the best!

Akanksha Baldawa
Experts' Global
Students from 20+ nationalities
Every 10th Indian in US top 50 is our student!
$ 2Mn+ Scholarship Each Year Since 2010!
GMAT Preparation Online | 15 GMAT Practice Tests
MBA Admissions Consulting | MBA Interview Preparation

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 10 Jul 2018, 05:24
Hi All,

Would request your help in getting an evaluation on my profile for ISB.

I have 4 years of experience working with one of the big 4's in India as an IT consultant. I have worked extensively on projects both in India and abroad and on projects ranging from process designs to process automations. I have a B Tech degree in Computer Science from one of the top tier colleges in India. I got a GMAT score of 680 last December.

Hobbies : Learning and implementing Internet of Things, Football and Cooking.

Any inputs will be much appreciated.

Regards,

Ankur Ahuja
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
G

Show Tags

New post 10 Jul 2018, 05:47
Hello AAhuja

While the information shared takes care of the 'quantitative' part of your profile, a deeper feedback will require 'qualitative' inputs as well.
Remember that ISB will look at you profile holistically on admission factors mentioned here.
Your GMAT score of 680 is below ISB's average and will not help you stand out, especially since you belong to the most competitive IT pool of applicants. In that case your profile will have to show stellar strengths in your work ex, diversity and essays.
You have mentioned your industry, company and years. The international work ex could help. But my friend, ISB is more interested to know your career progression and achievements. Ultimately that is what will differentiate you from other IT applicants.
Coming to Diversity, you will need to showcase either real business impact of your work related contributions or a strong impact of your extracurricular activities. The list look interesting but it is the in depth stories that will matter more.
Last, but certainly not the least, a profile is incomplete without career goals. What are your future plans and why is an MBA from ISB an absolute necessity to reach said goals? You may wish to get started on career goals by reading here.
You will need a spike on Acads (no spike) + Work Ex (missing achievements info) + Divesity (EC may help here) + Career Goals (missing info) to stand a fighting chance at ISB.
If you can tie in these 4 factors in your essays to show a spike then you may stand a fighting chance.

Best
Varun Sharma
+919137133507
Free Profile Review
MBAkarma.com
GMAT Score Predictor
info@mbakarma.com

AAhuja wrote:
Hi All,

I have 4 years of experience working with one of the big 4's in India as an IT consultant. I have worked extensively on projects both in India and abroad and on projects ranging from process designs to process automations. I have a B Tech degree in Computer Science from one of the top tier colleges in India. I got a GMAT score of 680 last December.

Regards,

Ankur Ahuja

Varun Sharma
MBAkarma.com

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 10 Jul 2018, 08:30
ABatExpertsGlobal wrote:
mjg51089 wrote:
Hello everybody.

A glimpse at my profile:

X - CBSE - 84.8%

XII - CBSE - 80.00%

Work Ex-

18 months as a clinician

Internships:

Extra currics:

Hello mjg51089,

Thanks for our query.

There is definitely a lot working for you, considering the fact that you have a diverse background, have fine leadership experience, and have been involved in a range of extra-curricular activities. Of course, the career goals look well in line as well. Having said this, as already identified by you, the GMAT is much below the average at ISB; considering this, as well as the fact that your academic scores at college have not been stellar, there is a pressing necessity for you to re-attempt the test and boost your score.

While a re-take is recommended (anything upwards of 700 should give you a good chance), if you do choose to apply with your current score, you will need to put in place, a set of stellar essays, which not only represent your strengths, skills, and achievements, in the most appropriate manner but also accurately establish your need for an MBA. Of course, the portrayal of your career goals will be immensely important and your short-term and long-term goals should be clearly demarcated and must appear in logical sync with each other. To reiterate, your essays need to be exceptional to set you apart from the remaining pool, considering your GMAT score is quite a bit on the lower side.

Should you have any follow-up questions, feel free to write to us.

All the best!
Thank you for the advice will definitely follow up on it.

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 10 Jul 2018, 08:31
Apphelp wrote:
Hi mjg51089,

You definitely have a diverse profile and a good work-experience, that would be valued at ISB. Given your work-experience, we think that while academics and GMAT are important, they may not be a deal breaker. The bigger challenge would be to answer why an MBA is important to you considering you already have an MHA. The answer here would lie in your goals, and making sure you are talking about the bigger picture. We especially like your long-term goals and adding the necessary depth to your essays should take you over the line.

mjg51089 wrote:
Hello everybody.

A glimpse at my profile:

X - CBSE - 84.8%

XII - CBSE - 80.00%

Work Ex-

18 months as a clinician

Internships:

Extra currics:

Many thanks for the response and advice will follow up on it and start on the essays

Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 10 Jul 2018, 09:34
Varsha82 wrote:
Hi Everyone,
The responses above have Benn of great help! Thank you!

Also , if someone could review my profile.

10th percentile: 93
12th: 90
Engg CGP : 5.65/6.00 (76%) Electronic and telecommunications.

Hi Varsha, dumped into QA would be unfair to people who are doing great job in QA.

However, you can certainly project that on your own initiation, you took steps to achieve the profile you had wanted: that of a developer.

GMAT score should be 700+. Switching from a Technical role to Marketing would not be easy, but given your less experience, this might be doable. The more a person gains in experience in a specific role, the more that person gets wedded to that role.

http://www.ISBeacon.com

For ISB Aspirants, by ISB Alums

Free First essay
Free Profile Evaluation
Free ISB Essays Best Practices Document

ISBeacon: Your Beacon to ISB

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 10 Jul 2018, 22:03
Hi all,

I am pretty new to gmat club .Just given gmat 10 days ago with a score of 740. I am very interested in applying for GMAT. Please evaluate my profile and suggest some colleges outside India that I can apply.

I have my Xth-88.4,XII-80.2,Undergrad-65. I have almost 2.5 yrs of experience in Pharma analytics domain.I am a 25 yrs male with undergrad in engineering. Received two awards for good performance in my company. Got a lot of awards in Astronomy during my school days, which is my hobby . I was also associated with a NGO briefly in my college days. I also participated in a lot of Badminton and tennis games in colleges and won a few.

I know its not a stellar profile. Do i have some chance of converting ISB ? Please help.

Divyam
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
G

Show Tags

New post 10 Jul 2018, 22:15
Hello abell789

The info you have provided covers the 'quantitative' bases. However ISB will evaluate your candidature holistically on admission factors mentioned here
Therefore, it will help evaluate your profile better with some 'qualitative' inputs as well.
Let us start with work ex. Your experience is certainly different from most applicants and you should use it to stand out. With 2.5 years of work ex you are slightly on the lower end. Definitely not a deal breaker but you will need to show maturity and career progression. What are your achievements and contribution at work? (Awards are results of your achievements)
Next set of attributes is diversity. you can play your work ex/industry card here but extracurricular will also help. Most of the EC look a part of your college days. A good EC is where you can showcase long term/serious involvement and a positive impact on your life or the life of others. In short, the impact due to these activities or the stores will matter more.
Next in line is Academic background. This is definitely your strength. Past scores are decent and high GMAT score puts away any doubt that you will be able to handle the academic pressure.
Last, but certainly not the least, what are your career goals? This is by far the most critical piece of the admissions puzzle. What are your career goals and why is an MBA an absolute necessity to reach these goals? Virtually impossible to evaluate your profile in absence of this info. You can add to your career goals research by reading here.
Identifying your chances or speculating on a shortlist of schools will require a much more detailed discussion and a deeper understanding of your profile.
Should you have any questions, feel free to reach out.

Best
Varun Sharma
+919137133507
Free Profile Review
MBAkarma.com
GMAT Score Predictor
info@mbakarma.com

abell789 wrote:
Hi all,

I am pretty new to gmat club .Just given gmat 10 days ago with a score of 740. I am very interested in applying for GMAT. Please evaluate my profile and suggest some colleges outside India that I can apply.

I have my Xth-88.4,XII-80.2,Undergrad-65. I have almost 2.5 yrs of experience in Pharma analytics domain.I am a 25 yrs male with undergrad in engineering. Received two awards for good performance in my company. Got a lot of awards in Astronomy during my school days, which is my hobby . I was also associated with a NGO briefly in my college days. I also participated in a lot of Badminton and tennis games in colleges and won a few.

I know its not a stellar profile. Do i have some chance of converting ISB ? Please help.

Divyam

Varun Sharma
MBAkarma.com

Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 10 Jul 2018, 22:27
Hi Divyam, your acads are average (thankfully compensated by GMAT score) and experience is on the lower side. Extracurricular seem to be decent.

In view of this, your career aspirations and your clarity on realizing those aspirations (through the ISB route) become important. Make sure you articulate this well in your essay and are able to defend them during the interview.

http://www.ISBeacon.com

For ISB Aspirants, by ISB Alums

Free First essay
Free Profile Evaluation
Free ISB Essays Best Practices Document

ISBeacon: Your Beacon to ISB

G

Show Tags

New post 10 Jul 2018, 22:57
AAhuja wrote:
Hi All,

Regards,

Ankur Ahuja

Hi AAhuja,

Thanks for your post.

While you work experience in a prestigious firm, as well as your international experience, sound good, the GMAT score may cloud your chances for it is much below the average at ISB. As an applicant, you fall into the overrepresented "Indian IT Male" category and GMAT expectations are always higher in this case. Hence, you must definitely retake the GMAT and aim for a 730 in order to strengthen your chances of getting an interview call.

Beyond, the GMAT, your chances also depend on your overall profile and since you have not shared details of your career progression, and your projected career goals, we are unable to comment on the same. Needless to say, the quality of your essays will depend on the overall profile you have :-)

For now, we would recommend that you focus on boosting your GMAT score. Thereon, you may proceed with preparing a strong application.

Feel free to reach out in case you have any follow up questions. All the best! :-)

Akanksha Baldawa
Experts' Global

G

Show Tags

New post 10 Jul 2018, 23:19
abell789 wrote:
Hi all,

Divyam

Hi abell789,

Welcome to GMAT Club! :)

Thanks for your query.

Considering you come from the pharma industry, your work experience will be different from the remaining applicants and this will certainly have its advantages for you. At the same time, you have a very fine GMAT score (much above the average at ISB) and this will help offset your academic scores at the undergrad level. Also, the extra-curricular activities seem to be in good shape with astronomy :-)

Thus, professionally, as well as GMAT-wise, you have a strong case in place. However, ISB will evaluate applications in a holistic manner. Thus, your career goals become immensely important and your essays must not only establish your skills and achievements but also focus on how the MBA fits in with your plans. Hence, a logical sync between your career goals and existing experience will be immensely important to give you a good chance at ISB! :-)

All in all, we see a strong chance that you will be able to bag an interview call, provided you spend quality time on your essays and put forth a set that truly represents your strong candidature :)

Should you feel the need for a detailed discussion, please feel free to reach out to us.

Good luck!

Akanksha Baldawa
Experts' Global

Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! &nbs [#permalink] 10 Jul 2018, 23:19

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  93   94   95   96   97  ...  107    Next  [ 2123 posts ] 

ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: mihir0710, warriorguy

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap