GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 22 Aug 2018, 00:55

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!

new topic post reply Update application status  
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
S
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Jul 2018, 02:37
Delorad wrote:
Hi,
I need your help in evaluating my profile for ISB round 1.

10th - 84%, 12 - 84%, Grad (Integrated Dual Degree in Atmospheric Chemistry from one of the top research colleges in India) - 6.7 CPI. I cleared IIT-JEE and got admission there through my rank.
For extracurricular, I have 2 research publications and 4 articles as co-author in international journals. My articles were selected in 2 international conferences and I had presented my work in one of those conferences.
However, after graduation I didnt want to continue in the same field as I couldnt see myself working in the same area in the longer run. So, I started by working as a faculty in a coaching institute where I taught Aptitude for 1 year while figuring out what to do next . Then I joined a public sector bank as an Assistant Manager, as I was inclined towards Finance, and have been working there for last 3 years. During this stint I have worked in various departments right from working with a team of 8 as second line in-charge, thereby managing the team and improving the business of a branch, to NPA management in another office, where I helped recover a few Non performing assets of the bank. After this I was shifted to another office where I am presently sanctioning, processing, and supervising loans and advances of 60 different branches spread across an area of more than 80 kms. My work also includes direct implementation of Government schemes for helping the under-privileged and people belonging to Economically Weaker Sections of society.
I want to do MBA in Finance.
My hobbies are playing Guitar and Table Tennis.

What score in GMAT would bag me a call from ISB?

Hi Delorad

You definitely have a different background, and this often helps to make intriguing MBA stories. The good news is that you have come far from your background and have already established a firm footing in the finance world. As long as your goals are well linked to your current story and strengths, you stand a good chance.

On the academic side, the IIT tag definitely helps. A safe GMAT score for you would be a 700 (which is closer to the ISB class average) and of course, the higher the better. We see from your follow-up post that you are not sure if you can hit a 700, in that case, try to hit at least a 680.

With concise and well-written essays, you can still make it with a slightly below average GMAT.

Feel free to reach out for a detailed discussion.

Apphelp : India's # 1 MBA admissions consultancy
-----------------------------------------------
Confused about MBA application strategy? Need help with Essay Review? Need mock interviews?
All these questions have a single answer : APPHELP
Phone: +91 9871354580
Email: info@apphelp.co.in
Blog: http://www.blog.apphelp.co.in

Experts' Global Representative
G
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Jul 2018, 03:10
Delorad wrote:
Hi,

10th - 84%, 12 - 84%, Grad (Integrated Dual Degree in Atmospheric Chemistry from one of the top research colleges in India) - 6.7 CPI. I cleared IIT-JEE and got admission there through my rank.
For extracurricular, I have 2 research publications and 4 articles as co-author in international journals. My articles were selected in 2 international conferences and I had presented my work in one of those conferences.
However, after graduation I didnt want to continue in the same field as I couldnt see myself working in the same area in the longer run. So, I started by working as a faculty in a coaching institute where I taught Aptitude for 1 year while figuring out what to do next . Then I joined a public sector bank as an Assistant Manager, as I was inclined towards Finance, and have been working there for last 3 years. During this stint I have worked in various departments right from working with a team of 8 as second line in-charge, thereby managing the team and improving the business of a branch, to NPA management in another office, where I helped recover a few Non performing assets of the bank. After this I was shifted to another office where I am presently sanctioning, processing, and supervising loans and advances of 60 different branches spread across an area of more than 80 kms. My work also includes direct implementation of Government schemes for helping the under-privileged and people belonging to Economically Weaker Sections of society.

Hi Delorad,

Thanks for writing in.

While ISB evaluates profiles holistically and no score can really guarantee admission, considering your profile, we would recommend a score upwards of 720 - this would be a bit above the average at ISB, and help you retain a bit of an edge.

Having said the above, along with your GMAT, please also focus on preparing a set of well-crafted essays that not only speak of your skills and achievements but also explain the reason for your career shifts. To add to this, your career goals will be immensely important as well and you must focus on putting forth a set of goals that logically align with your current experience.

Hope this helped.

Feel free to reach out to us for any follow-up questions.

Good Luck!

Akanksha Baldawa
Experts' Global
Students from 20+ nationalities
Every 10th Indian in US top 50 is our student!
$ 2Mn+ Scholarship Each Year Since 2010!
GMAT Preparation Online | 15 GMAT Practice Tests
MBA Admissions Consulting | MBA Interview Preparation

Admission Consultant
B

Show Tags

New post 13 Jul 2018, 05:49
tomhagen1989 wrote:
Hi,
My profile is as below:

GMAT - 710
Class X -90%
Class XII - 88%
Mechanical Engineering from NIT, Warangal (2011 batch) - 8.00 CGPA

Work Experience:
Research Assistant at JNCASR, Bangalore - After graduating from NIT, Warangal, I wanted to do masters/phd in computational Fluid Dynamics. But I wanted to explore the field first, hence joined JNCASR (did not join the job I was placed through campus - NTPC). Worked here for 1.5 years. Realized that research was not my interest and I was more inclined towards industry than academia.

Piping Engineer at a large EPC firm (almost 6 years) - Working as a Senior engineer. We are engineering consultants in the oil and gas industry. Work I am involved in is very technical and has included the following:

Layout - Prepare the layout of the offshore plant taking into account the requirements of the client. Liaison with other departments internally to confirm all requirements are met. Issue drawings for fabrication and assist the fabrication, installation and commissioning team till the end of the project

MTO - Material take off - Basically make a list of all items required to be purchased. This is a big task and directly affects the cost of the project.

Specification - This is basically technical procurement assistance. Involved in the preparation of RFQ, technical bid analysis, technical queries (between vendor and us), vendor document review and approval.

I have received good ratings throughout my career at this company.
I do not have achievements in any extra curricular activities. Not worked for an NGO or any volunteering services. Did try my hand at gaming.
MBA goals - short term - work in an energy consulting firm (oil and gas preferred due to my experience)
Long term - Be a business leader in the energy industry and help companies / governments take better decisions in this sector.
Why MBA - The consulting firms in the oil and gas / energy industry look into years of experience as a major factor to establish credibility. I also lack knowledge required to take business decisions. An MBA will give me both.

Kindly evaluate my profile. Also please provide your analysis of my career goals, reasons for MBA and weather this profile is strong in terms of contributing to the diversity in ISB
Thanks

Hi! Your profile looks pretty good and no problem on your shift from Research to EPC. You have rich experience, but from candidates with higher experience, ISB has higher expectations in terms of industry/functional exposure and leadership potential. Your essays will have to do justice to that. Also, you may want to remain open to a consulting as well as an industry role in the short term. You can also explore IIM-A, B and C to increase your options. We can provide a more detailed feedback once we look at your CV.

All the Best!
ISBmantra / Admit Square Consulting

[The only company with former ISB Admissions Officials on Board]
http://www.isbmantra.com | info@isbmantra.com | Tollfree: 1800-3070-3111

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 14 Jul 2018, 02:21
Request for an evaluation of my profile:

GMAT- 700 (V-32, Q-51, IR-7, AWA-5)
10th- (9.4/10)
12th- 94.4%
B.Tech.(Civil) from DCE- 73%
Age-23
Work Experience: 2.5 years work experience(till date) in CBRE (project management consultancy)
Designation- Senior Project Coordinator
* Volunteered and completed an 8 module project management course by CBRE and University of Texas, Dallas
* Recieved 3 awards within 2 years- 2 No.s team work and 1 No. Top Gun
* Promotion within 1.5 years work ex.
* One of the few given responsibility of handling 2 interior fitout sites single-handedly.
* Managed teams of contractors(5-10 at a site) and coordinated activities amongst architects, client, builders, consulatnats, being the single point of contact.
* Part of company football team

Extra-Curricular Activities-
* Trinity College, London certified guitar player
* Vice Captain- School house cricket team
* FOotball team player for CBRE
* Completed 3 months online certification in Leadership and Management form Coursera
* 3 months internship in Help Age India
* 2 months internship in another NGO

Career Plan-
To land a job as a strategy analyst in a big firm.

=Kindly help me get an idea about where I stand for an interview call and if I should retake the GMAT?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
G
Affiliations: one MBA coach
Schools: HBS, INSEAD, HEC, ISB, Rotman, IIMA , IIM, EDHEC
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.75

Show Tags

New post 14 Jul 2018, 02:45
Hello rev13mig

Thanks for the detailed post. Please my replies in Blue

Best
Varun Sharma
+919137133507
Free Profile Review
MBAkarma.com
GMAT Score Predictor
info@mbakarma.com

rev13mig wrote:

10th- (9.4/10)
12th- 94.4%
Decent past grades. To show consistency you should aim for 720+
Age-23
Work Experience: 2.5 years work experience(till date) in CBRE (project management consultancy)Your work ex is slightly on the lower side. This is by no means a deal breaker, but you should make sure to highlight your maturity by showcasing real business impact and the need of an MBA at this stage.
* Volunteered and completed an 8 module project management course by CBRE and University of Texas, Dallas
* Recieved 3 awards within 2 years- 2 No.s team work and 1 No. Top GunThat's great, but awards are a result of your achievements/contributions. Mention what led to you winning the awards in the essays. ALso, what % employees are handed this award?
* Promotion within 1.5 years work ex. Good career progress, but how many of your peers got a promotion in a similar duration. Basically you will have to show if you are a top performer
* One of the few given responsibility of handling 2 interior fitout sites single-handedly.
* Managed teams of contractors(5-10 at a site) and coordinated activities amongst architects, client, builders, consulatnats, being the single point of contact.

* Completed 3 months online certification in Leadership and Management form Coursera
Extracurricular look interesting. They can help you stand out and showcase diversity, if you can show long term involvement and positive impact on your life

Career Plan-
To land a job as a strategy analyst in a big firm.Not entirely sure how this ties with your past. Make sure there is an organic story linking your past and future with an MBA.
To know what to emphasize in your profile you can read here. Also, regarding career goals you can [url=https://mbakarma.com/why-mba/]add to your research by reading here[/here].

=Kindly help me get an idea about where I stand for an interview call and if I should retake the GMAT?
Execution is key for you. Not an actual deal breaker but 700 GMAT is the biggest chink in your profile. If you can take it up, it will definitely help, but application will still matter significantly
Let me know if you have further questions.

Varun Sharma
MBAkarma.com
info (at) MBAkarma (dot) com

Admission Consultant
B

Show Tags

New post 14 Jul 2018, 07:39
rev13mig wrote:

10th- (9.4/10)
12th- 94.4%
Age-23
Work Experience: 2.5 years work experience(till date) in CBRE (project management consultancy)

Career Plan-

Hi!

You seem to have an interesting and holistic profile and retaking the GMAT may not be so necessary if you feel too pressed for time. A higher score will certainly help. At the same time, given the range of activities you have participated it, you will have to be careful to not get distracted by those. With low experience, the first priority should be to present the strength of your professional experience (to prove that you are there despite low work-ex) and then leverage your extra curriculars to present a stronger profile.

All the Best!
ISBmantra

Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 710 Q51 V35
GPA: 3.87

Show Tags

New post 14 Jul 2018, 21:54
Hi guys,

I am an electrical engineer with 5 years of experience in an multinational EPC company working in the Chemicals and Oil & Gas domain (we basically build the plants). Within these 5 years, I have acted as deputy team lead and team lead for international projects, however I have worked based out of India- no international experience.
Academics:
10th: 87% (state board)
12th: 77.8% (state board)
Undergard: 82.5% (state university, ranked 8th among 3000+ students in Electrical department)

GMAT: 710 (Q51, V35, IR7, AWA4.5)

Extracurricular activities: Not so strong.

I want to transition into a consulting firm working in the Oil & Gas domain.

I was called for an interview from ISB last year but could not convert it. I guess I messed up in the interview.

Could anyone kindly evaluate my profile and let me know how much should I change my last year's essays?

Regards.
Pam.
Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 14 Jul 2018, 22:27
Delorad wrote:
Hi,

Hi, You have and interesting profile and ISB definitely looks for diversity in its pool of candidates. We would advice you to target a GMAT score north of 710 to improve your chances.

Team BeyondtheGMAT
Email: beyondthegmat@gmail.com

Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 14 Jul 2018, 22:36
tomhagen1989 wrote:
Hi,
My profile is as below:

GMAT - 710
Class X -90%
Class XII - 88%
Mechanical Engineering from NIT, Warangal (2011 batch) - 8.00 CGPA

Work Experience:
Research Assistant at JNCASR, Bangalore - After graduating from NIT, Warangal, I wanted to do masters/phd in computational Fluid Dynamics. But I wanted to explore the field first, hence joined JNCASR (did not join the job I was placed through campus - NTPC). Worked here for 1.5 years. Realized that research was not my interest and I was more inclined towards industry than academia.

Piping Engineer at a large EPC firm (almost 6 years) - Working as a Senior engineer. We are engineering consultants in the oil and gas industry. Work I am involved in is very technical and has included the following:

Layout - Prepare the layout of the offshore plant taking into account the requirements of the client. Liaison with other departments internally to confirm all requirements are met. Issue drawings for fabrication and assist the fabrication, installation and commissioning team till the end of the project

MTO - Material take off - Basically make a list of all items required to be purchased. This is a big task and directly affects the cost of the project.

Specification - This is basically technical procurement assistance. Involved in the preparation of RFQ, technical bid analysis, technical queries (between vendor and us), vendor document review and approval.

I have received good ratings throughout my career at this company.
I do not have achievements in any extra curricular activities. Not worked for an NGO or any volunteering services. Did try my hand at gaming.
MBA goals - short term - work in an energy consulting firm (oil and gas preferred due to my experience)
Long term - Be a business leader in the energy industry and help companies / governments take better decisions in this sector.
Why MBA - The consulting firms in the oil and gas / energy industry look into years of experience as a major factor to establish credibility. I also lack knowledge required to take business decisions. An MBA will give me both.

Kindly evaluate my profile. Also please provide your analysis of my career goals, reasons for MBA and weather this profile is strong in terms of contributing to the diversity in ISB
Thanks

Hi,
Your profile does look interesting. Your GMAT and academic credentials are decent. What you need to work on is drafting an application which highlights your diversity factor and establishes your leadership skill. Definitely in your job you have demonstrated your leadership potential and what you need to do is to bring out that achievements to create your own unique and impactful story.

In Indian B-schools IIM A, IIM B and IIM C also provides good opportunities for Engineers from core sectors.
You can connect with us at beyondthegmat@gmail.com for a detailed profile evaluation and to get more insights for your potential target B-Schools.

Team BeyondtheGMAT

Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 14 Jul 2018, 22:48
rev13mig wrote:

10th- (9.4/10)
12th- 94.4%
Age-23

Career Plan-

Hi,
Your academic credential are quite impressive. You have also good extra curricular activities through which you can demonstrate your leadership quality. Your GMAT is a bit low, especially since your work experience is on the lower side. Your post MBA goal of strategy analyst would fit ISB. What we would advice you is to concentrate on creating an impressive application which highlights your unique story and how even at a young age and with less experience you can bring in lot of value to the incoming class. You might also want to look at US B-school programs. You can connect with us at beyondthegmat@gmail.com for a detailed profile evaluation and get insights on other potential B-schools who will be interested in your profile.

Team BeyondtheGMAT

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
G

Show Tags

New post 15 Jul 2018, 00:21
Hello pb91

Your 'stats' are decent. Also, it is the same 'stats' that got you an interview call last year. Therefore it is something 'qualitative' or not easily measurable that went wrong. It could be your career goals, interview, lack of cohesiveness in the overall message, LOR or the weight of the overall application vs other candidates.
Just based on these stats it is tough to say since you already got an interview invite. The best way to start assessing is by taking a look at your actual application and revisiting what happened in the interview.
Also, has anything in your profile changed in the last one year? That will be useful in the reapplication.
Should you have further connects, let me know.

Best
Varun Sharma
+919137133507
Free Profile Review
MBAkarma.com
GMAT Score Predictor
info@mbakarma.com

pb91 wrote:
Hi guys,

I am an electrical engineer with 5 years of experience in an multinational EPC company working in the Chemicals and Oil & Gas domain (we basically build the plants). Within these 5 years, I have acted as deputy team lead and team lead for international projects, however I have worked based out of India- no international experience.
Academics:
Undergard: 82.5% (state university, ranked 8th among 3000+ students in Electrical department)

I was called for an interview from ISB last year but could not convert it. I guess I messed up in the interview.

Could anyone kindly evaluate my profile and let me know how much should I change my last year's essays?

Regards.
Pam.

Varun Sharma
MBAkarma.com

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 15 Jul 2018, 11:07
Hello People,

I need a bit of help in evaluating my profile. My profile is as follows

10TH-- 77.67%
12TH--83.34%
B.tech--63.30%
PGDM--2.75 CGPA(out of 4.33)

GMAT:700

Work Experience=2.5 years in Investment Banking Domain at Genpact.

Certifications:
CFA level 2,
FRM (Cleared), (Yet to receive Charter as need 6 more months of work ex. which I can complete post ISB)
American Investment Banking certifications as a Registered Financial Adviser, Registered Securities Principal.
Other certifications: Bloomberg, Six Sigma.

Achievements
Worked as Volunteer in Community Service for 6 months
National Photography Contest entrant.
President of a committee during PGDM

Now, my area of concern is that I'm not having strong academics in my UG or PG. My PGDM is from tier-B college, this helped me get into finance, however, I want to learn more of a management take into it which I couldn't in my PGDM and is the reason I wanted to enrol into ISb course. Will my academic scores and already done PGDM will dampen my chances of getting into ISB. Please suggest any other measures to strengthen my profile. What Score of GMAT can be considered good?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
G

Show Tags

New post 15 Jul 2018, 22:04
Hello pratik777

While evaluating your application ISB will consider not just past academics or PGDM but all the admission factors mentioned here.
If we dissect your profile this is what we get-
1. Academics- Past scores are average to below average. Even GMAT is below the ISB class avg. This is definitely not help you stand out. In this case, you will need to have a spike in the 3 factors mentioned below.
2. Quality of Work Ex- While your employer brand, CFA, FRA & other certifications will add brownie points to your profile, you will also need to showcase your career progression and achievements. You will have to be better than your peers here and your essays/LOR will have to highlight the same. One would need to understand these intangibles in detail.
3. Diversity- Apart from your achievements and certifications, extracurricular activities help here. But more than a laundry list what works are the stories behind these activities and accomplishments that you have made in these. Again, tough to identify based on the info provided.
4. Career Goals- By far the most critical piece of the admissions puzzle. What are your career goals and why is an MBA (that too from ISB and a 2nd one) an absolute necessity to reach these goals? A 2nd MBA hurts your chances only if you let it by telling a weak story. If you can link your past, preset and future with the need of a second MBA it is absolutely fine. But learning more of management cannot be a goal. You will need to show more clarity here. You can add to your research by reading here.
Without qualitative details on all of the above all I can say is that improve your GMAT to 730- as it will compensate for the low past scores and help you stand out.
At the same time if you have great quality in the other 3 (Work, Diversity & Goals) then you may stand a good chance even with a 700.

Best
Varun Sharma
+919137133507
Free Profile Review
MBAkarma.com
GMAT Score Predictor
info@mbakarma.com

pratik777 wrote:
Hello People,

10TH-- 77.67%
12TH--83.34%
B.tech--63.30%

Certifications:
CFA level 2,
FRM (Cleared), (Yet to receive Charter as need 6 more months of work ex. which I can complete post ISB)
American Investment Banking certifications as a Registered Financial Adviser, Registered Securities Principal.

Achievements

Now, my area of concern is that I'm not having strong academics in my UG or PG. My PGDM is from tier-B college, this helped me get into finance, however, I want to learn more of a management take into it which I couldn't in my PGDM and is the reason I wanted to enrol into ISb course. Will my academic scores and already done PGDM will dampen my chances of getting into ISB. Please suggest any other measures to strengthen my profile. What Score of GMAT can be considered good?

Varun Sharma
MBAkarma.com

Admission Consultant
B

Show Tags

New post 16 Jul 2018, 04:18
pb91 wrote:
Hi guys,

Academics:

Regards.
Pam.

Hi Pam!

Your profile looks alright but with the Oil & Gas domain not doing great, it may be a good idea to leverage your transferable skills and present career plans that aren't too specific. You may send us your last year application and we'll be happy to provide a feedback.

All the Best!
ISBmantra

Admission Consultant
B

Show Tags

New post 16 Jul 2018, 04:26
pratik777 wrote:
Hello People,

10TH-- 77.67%
12TH--83.34%
B.tech--63.30%

Certifications:
CFA level 2,

Achievements

Low acads, just 2.5yrs workex and a 700 GMAT do not really add up. While you have done well to clear CFA L2 and FRM, a higher GMAT is certainly one of the easier things to do. It will also depend on when you completed your first MBA. Looks like it was less than 3 years back, and it may be a good idea to wait for another year, clear CFA L3, improve your GMAT, gain additional experience and what will come out is a very very strong profile to present to ISB. Nevertheless, if you are keen to apply to this year, a strong set of essays and a 720+ GMAT should help.

All the Best!
ISBmantra

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
S

Show Tags

New post 16 Jul 2018, 06:21
rev13mig wrote:

10th- (9.4/10)
12th- 94.4%
Age-23

Career Plan-

Hi rev13mig

You do have a well-rounded profile with strong academics and decent extracurriculars. We think that your professional work experience sounds good and if presented well, may be strong enough to differentiate yourself from your peers.

The decision to give GMAT a retake should purely be driven by a single question: do you think you can hit a higher score? Were you doing better in practice tests? For a B-school such as ISB, admissions can get extremely competitive and you need to pull out all the stops. Therefore, if you think you can achieve a better GMAT score, go for it. If not, put the GMAT behind you and begin working on your goals and your essays.

We also advise you to think more on your goals, as a strategy analyst may seem a little generic for your short-term goals.

Do get back to us for a detailed conversation and help on goals and application.

Confused about MBA application strategy? Need help with Essay Review? Need mock interviews?

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
S

Show Tags

New post 16 Jul 2018, 06:48
Hi pb91

We have seen that over the years, the Oil & Gas domain has become 'the new IT' for candidates, in terms of competitiveness. With no international experience and limited extracurriculars, the only way you can build a differentiating application is through well-written articulate and concise essays.

Sometimes it becomes difficult to defend a transition to Consulting and this could be one of your weak points. We would request you to revisit your essays and see what you can do differently this year, goals could just be one of them.

It is difficult to give detailed feedback without reading your application, therefore, please reach out to us with your application for specific feedback.

pb91 wrote:
Hi guys,

Academics:

Regards.
Pam.

Intern
Intern
Schools: ISB

Show Tags

New post 16 Jul 2018, 11:34
HI

I am a graduate in commerce with specialisation in finance,

My class 10 score:74%
My class 12 score:78%
My graduation score: 57.14%

Currently I am working in a public sector bank in India as An assistant manager (Credit) for the last 3 years.
I just want to know that judging by my profile, how much should i target in GMAT so as to have a good shot at a B school like ISB,Hyderabad.

Any kind of help will be very valuable. Thank you.
Intern
Intern
ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Jul 2018, 11:43
Hi All,

My first post here.
I completed my B.Tech in Automotive Engineering in 2016, currently working as a Senior Business Development Associate at BYJU's (Think and Learn Pvt. Ltd.) I'm looking forward to pursue MBA in ISB. Haven't yet given the GMAT, looking forward to take it towards the end of August. What are my Chances?
What do I need to increase my chances as well?

Current Work ex - 2 years
B.Tech CGPA - 6.45
12th - 78%
10th - 73%
Intern
Intern
B
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 16 Jul 2018, 16:44
Hello,

Please evaluate my profile for ISB

Academics:
Bachelor of Engg (Electronics & Telecom) - 73.5% (Distinction)(University of Mumbai)
Master of Science (Telecom Engineering) - GPA 3.9/4.0 (University of Maryland, College Park)

During my masters, I took 4 management courses from R.H Smith school of Business at University of Maryland (studying alongside MBA grads)
That's when I got more interested towards getting a full time MBA

Also, I received an award from University of Maryland for academic excelllence (2nd Rank in MS program)
I was also a co-founder of UMD cricket club (1st of it's kind to promote the sport of Cricket and related events to all parts of campus)

GMAT - no score yet (expecting 700+)

Work Experience:
1 year intership and 5 months full-time experience at a Telecommunications Startup in United States
2 Years and 8 months (still working) full-time experience at AT&T wireless labs in US

I believe I have a good technical and hands on experience - working on some of the most challenging projects in the wireless industry
I have a good exposure of working with almost all of the major telecom companies, device vendors, equipment vendors in US.

Post MBA goal - Strategy role in Tech industry

Some other points which may add value to profile:

- Community Service - Volunteering at the ISKCON temple during events and festivals (2 years)
- worked part time at the university during Masters (Shipping and Receiving assistant)
- I have a CWNA - wireless network certification
- I have been trading stocks from past 3 years

Many thanks in advance!
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! &nbs [#permalink] 16 Jul 2018, 16:44

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  95   96   97   98   99  ...  108    Next  [ 2142 posts ] 

ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: mihir0710, warriorguy

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap