GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 17 Oct 2018, 05:10

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!

new topic post reply Update application status  
Director
Director
G
Affiliations: one MBA coach
Schools: HBS, INSEAD, HEC, ISB, Rotman, IIMA , IIM, EDHEC
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.75
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Aug 2018, 03:00
Hello miragmat

You will need to put in a double effort in your essays and bring out your career progression, achievements at work, impact in extracurricular. Reading here could be of help. You will need to do this to stand out from the large IT pool you belong to, since you GMAT is on the lower side.
More importantly, you have not mentioned your career goals. This is the most important piece of the admissions puzzle and you will need to showcase a compelling need for an MBA from ISB to reach your goals. Add to your research by reading here.
Should you have further questions, feel free to reach out.

Best
Varun Sharma
+919137133507
MBAkarma.com
GMAT Score Predictor
info@mbakarma.com

miragmat wrote:
Hi all,

Request you to please evaluate my profile for admission at ISB Hyderabad.

I am an IT engineer, working in production support profile for banking domain.
Job responsibilities include managing a shift of around 10 people responsible for production.
Job responsibilities require a mix of technical and managerial skills required for ITIL Change management profile.

High school- 89.6%(ICSE)
12th SCIENCE - 75.0%(ISC)
B.tech Information Technology - 7.50 CGPA from BPUT University
Work ex -9 years experience in IT, No onsite experience
Gmat score- 680 (V34,Q48)

Extracurricular
1) Water painting
2) National Finalist in Bournvita Quiz winner held at school level
3) Yoga, marathon

Varun Sharma
MBAkarma.com
info (at) MBAkarma (dot) com

Director
Director
G
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Aug 2018, 03:04
Hello raks85

While you have a decent profile, definitely retake the GMAT and target at least 680+.
With 11 years of work ex, showcase the need for an MBA at this stage of your career. Since you have not mentioned your career goals, touch to give a meaningful feedback. You can add to your research by reading here.
To stand a fighting chance you will need to do 3 things- take up your GMAT, showcase realistic career goals (with 11 years work ex) and tie in all the admission factors mentioned here in your essays.
Should you have further queries, feel free to reach out.

Best
Varun Sharma
+919137133507
MBAkarma.com
GMAT Score Predictor
info@mbakarma.com

raks85 wrote:
Hello,
My details are as follows :

10th - 80% (From State Board)
12th - 81% (From State Board)
B.E. in Mechanical Engg. - 73%
No gap in academics or in job.

11+ years of work experience (7 months in Steel Manufacturing, rest in Power Plant Equipment Manufacturing Industry.
I have a wide exposure in Power Plant Industry starting from construction to BoP Engineering/ Proposal etc.
Extracurricular - Photography (Have won local newspaper award, published in magazine, Canon edge photograph of the month, 5 photographs selected in top 100 in Center For Civil Society Exhibition etc.), writing short stories/ prose (took part in TOI Write India Competition), Cooking (took part in Masterchef India recipe contest and won goodies), Running (Took part in 11km Marathon last year)

GMAT Score - 640 (Q47, V32, IR6, AWA 5.5). I am not happy with this score and I believe I can do better. I am planning to attempt again in another month.

Please let me know whether the above is good enough for ISB. Also, if I get a better GMAT Score before interviews would they consider that?

Regards
Rakesh

Varun Sharma
MBAkarma.com

Intern
Intern
B
Schools: ISB '20 (I)
GMAT 1: 640 Q47 V32
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V38
Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 05 Aug 2018, 06:02
CrackAdmission wrote:
Hi Suheil,

Hope you are doing well.

I am an ISB alum, CO14, and would be happy to evaluate your candidature.

While I definitely see you bringing diversity to the ISB classroom, but since the competition is quite high over the recent, I will recommend you to retake the GMAT and aim for a score in excess of 670 to get a realistic shot of being considered. This is under the assumption that, you will. back your score with a high quality application articulating your experiences, goals, and value add to the ISB cohort - as a student and as a an alumni.

In case you have further questions and want a detailed discussion. Please feel free to reach out to me at arijit.biswas@crackadmission.com and/or M :+91-9701215544

Cheers
Arijit

Hello Arijit,
What is your opinion about my profile? Also I have heard that ISBs and other B Schools accepts highest GMAT score among multiple scores. So, if I retake GMAT after applying, would they considered it during interview/ later?
Thanks in advance.
Regards
Rakesh
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: ISB '20
GMAT 1: 690 Q46 V38
GPA: 3.3
WE: Consulting (Accounting)

Show Tags

New post 06 Aug 2018, 02:26
Hi Experts,

This was my first attempt at GMAT. Score - 690. I want to understand what are my admission options?

Nationality - India
Age - 27
Gender - M
Work Experience
- 5+ years in Big 4 (all work experience entirely in big 4). The work experience includes 1 year as a management consultant in New York Area, US. Currently, a Senior Consultant (equivalent to Assistant Manager) since early 2017 (Next position - Manager). Exceptional performance history and multiple awards within firm.
- Strong client portfolio and diverse experiences/fields within the firm.
- SAP Certified Consultant (if it means anything to MBA assessments)
Volunteer Experience: Organisation team within First International Yoga Day

Other work experience
1) Working on my own online business venture - health based website

College
Bachelor's degree - B.Tech (ECE)
GPA: 75%
Extra Curricular - Founded my own internet marketing venture hiring 7+ Philippine freelancers. The business was up and running for 2 years. Paid off my college last 2 years with this.
Volunteer - First Indian Grand Prix

School
Scores 10 & 12th : 75-80%
Other Notables:
- Played under 16 level cricket for 3 years. Captain at the state level competition (one year) and represented at state/district level in previous 2.
- Played under 16 Table Tennis & Badminton at district level for 1 year.

Apart from this - Exposure in 8-9 countries in last 2 years which include experiences such as Sky Diving, the Great Alaskan adventure etc.

I am looking for guidance in the following areas:

1) My current possible options given my profile and score?
2) How much impact on my possible options with let's say a 720+ score.

Please let me know if you need any further information.

Thank you.

Regards
Shiva Agrawal
Director
Director
G

Show Tags

New post 06 Aug 2018, 02:41
shiva2906 wrote:
Hi Experts,

Hello @shiva2906

This was my first attempt at GMAT. Score - 690. I want to understand what are my admission options?

Nationality - India
Age - 27
Gender - M
Work Experience
- 5+ years in Big 4 (all work experience entirely in big 4). The work experience includes 1 year as a management consultant in New York Area, US. Currently, a Senior Consultant (equivalent to Assistant Manager) since early 2017 (Next position - Manager). Exceptional performance history and multiple awards within firm.

Lots going for you on the work front. Strong brands on the CV, international experience. Would help further in your applications, if you can showcase great career progress and achievements at work. You can read here on what will matter in ISB applications.

Other work experience
This could be an interesting story- is this part time or full time? What have you achieved here? Basically the story will matter significantly.

College
Extra Curricular - Founded my own internet marketing venture hiring 7+ Philippine freelancers. The business was up and running for 2 years. Paid off my college last 2 years with this.
Just like ypur work ex, pretty strong extracurricular. I would recommend you to showcase the impact of your work and this could become great fodder for your essays

School
Other Notables:
- Played under 16 level cricket for 3 years. Captain at the state level competition (one year) and represented at state/district level in previous 2.

Apart from this - Exposure in 8-9 countries in last 2 years which include experiences such as Sky Diving, the Great Alaskan adventure etc.
Very impressive. The above activities will certainly add brownie points. I see that you have done a lot. The key challenge is going to be selecting the right stories to showcase in your application.

I'd say you have a strong chance even with a 690. However, are you 100% confident of taking this score up to a 720+ in 2 months? The answer is quite obvious to the question- are your chances better with a 690 or a 720.

Most critical piece missing is your career goals and why do you need an MBA to reach these goals. If you can tie in a strong narrative linking your past and future goals with an MBA I believe you have a strong chance at ISB. Add to your research by reading here
To conclude you have a decent shot even with a 690, but missing career goals do not allow from giving a detailed feedback. For a more personalized advice, feel free to reach out.

Best
Varun Sharma
+919137133507
MBAkarma.com
GMAT Score Predictor
info@mbakarma.com

Thank you.

Regards
Shiva Agrawal

Varun Sharma
MBAkarma.com

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
S

Show Tags

New post 06 Aug 2018, 03:38
raks85 wrote:
Hello,
My details are as follows :

10th - 80% (From State Board)
12th - 81% (From State Board)
B.E. in Mechanical Engg. - 73%
No gap in academics or in job.

11+ years of work experience (7 months in Steel Manufacturing, rest in Power Plant Equipment Manufacturing Industry.
I have a wide exposure in Power Plant Industry starting from construction to BoP Engineering/ Proposal etc.
Extracurricular - Photography (Have won local newspaper award, published in magazine, Canon edge photograph of the month, 5 photographs selected in top 100 in Center For Civil Society Exhibition etc.), writing short stories/ prose (took part in TOI Write India Competition), Cooking (took part in Masterchef India recipe contest and won goodies), Running (Took part in 11km Marathon last year)

GMAT Score - 640 (Q47, V32, IR6, AWA 5.5). I am not happy with this score and I believe I can do better. I am planning to attempt again in another month.

Please let me know whether the above is good enough for ISB. Also, if I get a better GMAT Score before interviews would they consider that?

Regards
Rakesh

Hi raks85

11 years of work experience places you at the higher end of the applicant age spectrum. For a school such as ISB, things can get extremely competitive. We think you definitely have a strong profile, with a variety of extracurriculars, but your GMAT of 640 can pull you down.

Try to aim for anything north of 680+ to stay competitive, and of course, even then a lot will depend on the right answers to why you and why MBA. Also given our experience with students with your background, you should also to apply to the IIM A/B/C one year MBA programs, as you may have a better chance.

Please reach out for a detailed discussion on your goals and application.

Apphelp : India's # 1 MBA admissions consultancy
-----------------------------------------------
Confused about MBA application strategy? Need help with Essay Review? Need mock interviews?
All these questions have a single answer : APPHELP
Phone: +91 9871354580
Email: info@apphelp.co.in
Blog: http://www.blog.apphelp.co.in

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
S

Show Tags

New post 06 Aug 2018, 03:47
shiva2906 wrote:
Hi Experts,

Nationality - India
Age - 27
Gender - M
Work Experience

Other work experience

College

School
Other Notables:

Thank you.

Regards
Shiva Agrawal

Hi shiva2906

There are a lot of positives in your profile. Work experience with a Big4 definitely helps. Extracurriculars definitely help too.

While you do have a strong profile, we would recommend that you pick and choose your battles, which are the ones that you would like to showcase? You never want to overwhelm the ad-com with too much information. For instance, if the health-based website, is not a full time venture, how do you showcase it in your application? What are your goals and can you link them to any of your work experience/achievements?

690 with a great application can be enough. 720 with a great application would be even better. Therefore, by all means, give GMAT another try. If you are constantly hitting 700+ in your mock tests, then go ahead and give it another shot. Else, put your heart and soul into carving out the best application possible.

Confused about MBA application strategy? Need help with Essay Review? Need mock interviews?

Intern
Intern
ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Aug 2018, 04:49
Hi All,

About Me:
- 10 th: 90% - Andhra Pradesh Board
- 12 th: 96% - Andhra Pradehs Board
- BITS Pilani - 2014 - Electrical Engineering Pass-Out. CG: 6.9/10
- 21 Months in Latent View Analytics - Served Major clients like Microsoft, Paypal, eBay using Analytical Tools like SQL, R, Tableau etc.
- 27 Months with OlaCabs India as a Category manager(Started as Analyst, Grew to Senior Analyst and Now Category Manager) - Used further tools like HIVE, Qubole, R, Python. Right now looking at the strategy of my category - Involves Financial Planning, Growth Hacks, User retention etc.

- Had Extra Curriculars like: Working for an NGO, Organizing Blood Donation Camps, Organised 10+ Campus Fest Events during Engineering

I am planning to Give GMAT by August 15 - 2018 and apply for Cycle -1

Is there enough time left for Cycle-1? Should I wait for Cycle -2? I have limited prep in verbal. So far CR is covered. Started SC and yet to start RC. I have the confidence that I can crack Quant with Minimum prep as I have given CAT 3 times and score 99+ Percentile on all 3 occasions (Need a 1/2 Day Prep). I have taken Work Off for the next 1 Week. Will I be able to accomplish a 700 +? Please help
Director
Director
G

Show Tags

New post 06 Aug 2018, 05:37
Hello ruhrresident

Take a deep breath :-)
Have you taken a mock GMAT test yet? If yes, what scores are you getting in your mock tests? If you are getting 700+ already, then great, go and take the test on 15th August.
Understand that GMAT is not just a test of you knowledge (which you have due to you past CAT experience) but also of stamina and temperament (3-4 hours of test in front of a screen).
So, while it is good to be confident, do not let that stop you from further practice.
Also, building a good application takes 4-8 weeks from ground zero. So even if you get a good score on 15th Aug, you will have time, but not the luxury of time, especially if you are applying to multiple schools and starting from scratch.
For a more detailed discussion, feel free to reach out.

Best
Varun Sharma
+919137133507
MBAkarma.com
GMAT Score Predictor
info@mbakarma.com

ruhrresident wrote:
Hi All,

About Me:
- 10 th: 90% - Andhra Pradesh Board
- 12 th: 96% - Andhra Pradehs Board
- BITS Pilani - 2014 - Electrical Engineering Pass-Out. CG: 6.9/10
- 21 Months in Latent View Analytics - Served Major clients like Microsoft, Paypal, eBay using Analytical Tools like SQL, R, Tableau etc.
- 27 Months with OlaCabs India as a Category manager(Started as Analyst, Grew to Senior Analyst and Now Category Manager) - Used further tools like HIVE, Qubole, R, Python. Right now looking at the strategy of my category - Involves Financial Planning, Growth Hacks, User retention etc.

- Had Extra Curriculars like: Working for an NGO, Organizing Blood Donation Camps, Organised 10+ Campus Fest Events during Engineering

I am planning to Give GMAT by August 15 - 2018 and apply for Cycle -1

Is there enough time left for Cycle-1? Should I wait for Cycle -2? I have limited prep in verbal. So far CR is covered. Started SC and yet to start RC. I have the confidence that I can crack Quant with Minimum prep as I have given CAT 3 times and score 99+ Percentile on all 3 occasions (Need a 1/2 Day Prep). I have taken Work Off for the next 1 Week. Will I be able to accomplish a 700 +? Please help

Varun Sharma
MBAkarma.com

Experts' Global Representative
G

Show Tags

New post 06 Aug 2018, 05:47
Daaku05 wrote:
Hello evreryone

Please evaluate my profile and let me know how much score do I need in GMAT to get in ISB?

Female,Indian

Educational Background -

B-Tech (E&C) - 75% (UPTU)
M- Tech (Thermal Power) - 85% (NPTI - Delhi)

Professional Background -

Thermal Power Professional l Total experience of 7 years l Work as an EA to Chairman - Business Strategy l Served as Whole Time Director in 2 companies worth INR10,000 Crs (May'2014 to June'2018)

Thank you!

Hi Daaku05,

Your professional background appears to be impressive and will surely help your case. However, ISB evaluates applications in a holistic manner. Thus, we request you to share certain other elements of your profile such as extra-curricular achievements, your need for an MBA, and what your career goals are.

In any case, you must look at targetting upwards of 720 on the GMAT! :)

Thanks.

Akanksha Baldawa
Experts' Global
Students from 20+ nationalities
Every 10th Indian in US top 50 is our student!
$ 2Mn+ Scholarship Each Year Since 2010!
GMAT Preparation Online | 15 GMAT Practice Tests
MBA Admissions Consulting | MBA Interview Preparation

Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 06 Aug 2018, 22:08
piyushsrivastava7 wrote:
Hi,
I got a low GMAT score twice (550/560), but have a good work+ international experience+academics
Also, I am confident about my essays.
Nationality: Indian
Target EMBA programs: IIM's & ISB
Total Work Exp: 9.2 years
International Work Exp: 4.5 years
Industry: Oil & Gas
Function: ERP Professional

I there any hope for me? Please share your feedback.Thanks in advance!!

Hi Piyush,
Your international work experience of 4.5 years in oil and gas domain definitely differentiates you from the rest of the applicant pool. However to have a decent chance at ISB and the top three IIMs you need to score a minimum of 680. Anything north of 700+ will boost your chances. with the current scores that you have it will be very difficult to get a call from any of these schools. We highly recommend you to retake your GMAT

Team BeyondtheGMAT
Email: beyondthegmat@gmail.com

Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 06 Aug 2018, 22:14
hardikgandhi wrote:
Hi. Please review my profile.

Name: Hardik Gandhi

Class 10th: 91.50%
Class 12th: 90.25%
Engineering: 8.75 CGPA ( MS Ramaiah Institute of Technology)

Worked as a Business Analyst in Accenture for 1.5 years. I quit my job after that to start my journey as an entrepreneur or rather an edupreneur. I started a Coaching Institute in Bangalore to teach students for various entrance exams like CET, JEE Mains, SAT and other competitive exams.Some of my students are studying in top colleges in India and Abroad. I am basically a Math teacher who has tried to add use of technology to Education. After running my institute successfully for a few years i entered into the online education segment with another startup and launched an android app for the same. Tried a lot to get funding for the same but didn't succeed yet. There is traction on the app but i am not able to scale it due to lack of funds. So currently i am running both, classroom teaching as well as the online segment. I also teach underprivileged children because that is something which makes me happy. I have roughly 6.5 years of work ex of which 1.5 yrs was professional and rest as an entrepreneur.

I will be taking GMAT in OCT . Target Score : 720-750

Please evaluate my profile for ISB and IIM's.

Thanks.

Hi Hardik,

You definitely have an interesting profile and your experience as a "edupreneur" if properly presented will resonate with the Adcoms of the target schools. Your target GMAT score is also extremely good. You definitely can also add a few international B-schools to your target school list. Please connect with us at beyondthegmat@gmail.com for a detailed profile evaluation and to get more insights into potential target schools for your profile.
We would be happy to help.

Best of luck!

Team BeyondtheGMAT

Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 06 Aug 2018, 22:26
miragmat wrote:
Hi all,

Request you to please evaluate my profile for admission at ISB Hyderabad.

I am an IT engineer, working in production support profile for banking domain.
Job responsibilities include managing a shift of around 10 people responsible for production.
Job responsibilities require a mix of technical and managerial skills required for ITIL Change management profile.

High school- 89.6%(ICSE)
12th SCIENCE - 75.0%(ISC)
B.tech Information Technology - 7.50 CGPA from BPUT University
Work ex -9 years experience in IT, No onsite experience
Gmat score- 680 (V34,Q48)

Extracurricular
1) Water painting
2) National Finalist in Bournvita Quiz winner held at school level
3) Yoga, marathon

Hi,
Based on the limited information that you have shared,what comes out is that you do have leadership experience in your job role which you need to highlight in your application. Your GMAT score is decent.
Since ISB is putting lot of emphasis on diversity, what you need to concentrate on is to identify how you can make your profile score in the diversity quotient. As your profile belongs to the most common applicant pool, a lot will depend on how you structure your essays to bring out the value that you will add to the incoming class.

Are there any other B-schools you are planning to apply to?
You can definitely look at the IIMs.

You can get in touch with us at beyondthegmat@gmail.com for a detailed profile evaluation and to find out potential b-schools for our profile.

Best of luck!

Team BeyondtheGMAT

Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 06 Aug 2018, 22:44
shiva2906 wrote:
Hi Experts,

Nationality - India
Age - 27
Gender - M
Work Experience

Other work experience

College

School
Other Notables:

Thank you.

Regards
Shiva Agrawal

Hi Shiva,
You have excellent work experience which will definitely resonate with the ISB Adcom. In addition, your extra-curricular activities speak volumes about your leadership potential and organizational capabilities. Though a GMAT score of 690 is slightly lower than ISB's class average, we feel, for your profile it would definitely not impact your chances.
We would recommend you to start working on your application to highlight your achievements and establish how an MBA will help you achieve your future goals.
We would also encourage you to look at international B-schools.
You can connect with us at beyondthegmat@gmail.com for a more detailed profile evaluation and to get insights on potential b-schools for your profile.

Best of luck!

Team BeyondtheGMAT

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 07 Aug 2018, 00:20
Hello,

I am currently employed in a government bank as Assistant Manager. I did my engineering from Manipal Instt of Tech in 2011. Then I took sometime off to volunteer at an NGO. Then I worked with a coaching institute for about 2 years as content developer and expert. In 2015, I joined the bank. So my total work ex is about 6+years.

cGPA: 7.84
10th: 83.8
12th: 79

I am aiming for 720+ in GMAT.
Please evaluate my profile for ISB. Do you think such a bumpy career profile is OK? Any suggestions will help.
Director
Director
G

Show Tags

New post 07 Aug 2018, 00:25
Hello Sweety1203

A career journey is bumpy only if you portray it that way in your story. Instead, if you choose to showcase how and why you made certain choices, it can work in your favor.
However, more important will be your reason to pursue an MBA. What are your future career goals, how does your past and an MBA tie in with it. You could add to your research by reading here.
Coming to your profile,your past acads look decent and a 720+ GMAT will surely help.
Apart from this not much qualitative information around your achievements at work, extracurricular activities or career goals. You can read here to know what makes a complete profile.
In absence of this information, giving a detailed feedback is not possible.
For a detailed personalized advice, fell free to get in touch.

Best
Varun Sharma
+919137133507
Free Profile Review
MBAkarma.com
GMAT Score Predictor
info@mbakarma.com

Sweety1203 wrote:
Hello,

I am currently employed in a government bank as Assistant Manager. I did my engineering from Manipal Instt of Tech in 2011. Then I took sometime off to volunteer at an NGO. Then I worked with a coaching institute for about 2 years as content developer and expert. In 2015, I joined the bank. So my total work ex is about 6+years.

Please evaluate my profile for ISB. Do you think such a bumpy career profile is OK? Any suggestions will help.

Varun Sharma
MBAkarma.com

Intern
Intern
B
Schools: ISB '20 (I)
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40

Show Tags

New post 07 Aug 2018, 03:07
Background and nationality : Indian, 28 , Male

Undergrad Information : Civil Engineering, Manipal University ( GPA 6.6/10)

GMAT: 740 ( Q50/V40/IR 6/AWA 5)

Work experience and leadership:

Total Experience of 5 years in e-commerce startups in various roles: sales, operations, digital marketing, data analysis & product management. Most of the experience is in Product Management. Have led a team of engineers and delivered various software products & features. Have shown a good upward career progression in work.

Post MBA goals: Drive business and product strategies at Tech giants such as Microsoft, Google, etc.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
S

Show Tags

New post 07 Aug 2018, 04:31
blackfish wrote:
Background and nationality : Indian, 28 , Male

Undergrad Information : Civil Engineering, Manipal University ( GPA 6.6/10)

GMAT: 740 ( Q50/V40/IR 6/AWA 5)

Work experience and leadership:

Total Experience of 5 years in e-commerce startups in various roles: sales, operations, digital marketing, data analysis & product management. Most of the experience is in Product Management. Have led a team of engineers and delivered various software products & features. Have shown a good upward career progression in work.

Post MBA goals: Drive business and product strategies at Tech giants such as Microsoft, Google, etc.

Hi blackfish

Good profile. The GMAT adds to your academics. E-commerce/startup experience is valued at B-schools. You definitely seem to have an edge over other peers from a tech background.

The real test would be to articulate clearly why you need an MBA, when you are already in the PM line of work. Work hard on your essays showcasing what you have achieved as a person and why an MBA is centric to your goals. This should take you over the finishing line.

Feel free to reach out for a discussion.

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
S

Show Tags

New post 07 Aug 2018, 04:50
Gaara2018 wrote:
Hello,

Hi Gaara2018

The diaspora of experience in the past may not matter if you can link some of your achievements to your career goals. All B-schools look for a certain amount of continuity in a candidate's experience and career progression. It is okay to have tried out multiple things, as long as you have figured out what you are good at and where you want to go.

Therefore, as long as your goals are linked to your most recent experience or something that you have achieved in the past 6 years, you will be able to build an MBA story and are good to go.

A 720+ will definitely help on the GMAT side. We also hope you continue to be part of the NGO or are into some other extra-curricular activity to showcase a well-rounded profile.

Do reach out for a detailed discussion on how to connect the dots.

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 07 Aug 2018, 13:34
Varun,

Thank you very much for the advice. I will follow your advice and focus on GMAT for now.

MBAkarma wrote:
Hello isbashu

The first step for you is to ace the GMAT with at least a 680+.
This can take anywhere close to 2-4 months (depends on the individual).
Focus on just this and do not worry about the application currently as you are at the early stages of GMAT preparation.
Once you start feeling confident of getting a good score, prepare an application strategy as to why you wish to do an MBA that too a second one after 12 years of work ex. This story will matter significantly in your specific case. Additionally, identify the achievements at work that you want to talk about in the application. Your can read here on what makes a complete profile and here on career goals.
But currently maximum effort only on GMAT.

Best
Varun Sharma
+919137133507
Free Profile Review
MBAkarma.com
GMAT Score Predictor
info@mbakarma.com

isbashu wrote:
Hello all,

Im Ashutosh from India. I'm applying for ISB.

Academics: 

- PGDM (MBA) (Marketing) from Alliance Business Academy (2005) (All India Management Association) 78%

- B.Com (2003) 62%

Professional experience: 12+ years

- 9 years experience in Analytics (Hewlett Packard, Symphony Services)

- Deferred Teach for India Fellowship

- Led operations, special projects, learning delivery and Human Resources for 2.5 years in India's first Rural Kindergarten chain - for about 200 centres and schools and 800 teachers impacting about 13500 students.

- Co-founded a firm focusing on providing turn key analytics, consulting, and monitoring and evaluation for Social Enterprises 1.5 years ago. 

I took my first practice GMAT using the MBA.com and scored 340.

Please advice.

Regards,
Ashutosh

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
GMAT Club Bot
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! &nbs [#permalink] 07 Aug 2018, 13:34

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  103   104   105   106   107  ...  113    Next  [ 2254 posts ] 

ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!

new topic post reply Update application status  

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap