Summer is Coming! Join the Game of Timers Competition to Win Epic Prizes. Registration is Open. Game starts Mon July 1st.

It is currently 16 Jul 2019, 19:46

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!

  new topic post reply Update application status  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 25 Mar 2018
Posts: 2
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Aug 2018, 23:50
MBAkarma wrote:
Hello savalgi12

The outline of your profile is quite strong.
Acads, work ex, extracurricular, goals all look decent. (You can read here on what to focus on in your written applications and here on career goals)
With this profile is there a specific reason why you are targeting R2? R1 has more scholarships and hence can be more beneficial. Unless you are pressed for time or have not begun work on the applications at all.

Best
Varun Sharma
+919137133507
MBAkarma.com
GMAT Score Predictor
info@mbakarma.com


savalgi12 wrote:
Request to evaluate my profile.
GMAT -730 Q51, V37, IR 8, AWA 5
Academics
10th: 94%
12th: 85%
B.E (Mechanical), BITS Pilani Goa Campus, CGPA 8.66

Work Experience:
A. 2 Months Summer Internship at Thermax Ltd. (Boiler manufacturer company) during vacation after the 2nd year of undergraduation
B. 6 months curricular internship at Tata Technologies Ltd. working with the aerospace division
C. Working with Tata Motors, Pune for 3 years now-
1. 20 months with Purchase Program Management department, a coordination unit within Purchase & Supply chain department
2. Currently working with the Advance Quality (Part development) department. A techno-managerial role.

Achievements:
1. N.T.S.E Scholarship recipient
2. Recipient of institute's merit-cum need scholarship during undergraduation
3. Led BITS Pilani, Goa carrom team at inter-college sports fest.
4. Inter-school athletic event (long jump) bronze medal
5. Part of Tata Motors, Pune football team which secured third place at an inter-Tata corporate football tournament


Extra Curricular:
1. Football: Part of Tata Motors, Pune football team. Represented Tata Motors in many corporate football tournaments
2. Carrom: Represented BITS Pilani, Goa at sports fest in the carrom event
3. Part of various CSR activities initiated by Tata Motors

Career goals(Why MBA?):

Having worked with the core mechanical industry for 3-4 years, I would like to get exposure to diverse aspects of a business and varied industries. I believe a B-school would definitely be a good place to start with. Post-MBA I want to get into operations consulting role, grow within the organization to attain positions of higher responsibility in operations and help contribute towards organization's growth.

Aiming for: ISB, SMU, NTU

I'll be applying in R2
Thank you for your review sir. As rightly pointed by you, I still haven't started working on my applications and shortage of time is a major hindrance. Moreover, as far as I know, partial scholarships are open for both R1 and R2 applicants. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
Admission Consultant
User avatar
B
Joined: 21 Oct 2013
Posts: 90
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Sep 2018, 02:41
savalgi12 wrote:
Request to evaluate my profile.
GMAT -730 Q51, V37, IR 8, AWA 5
Academics
10th: 94%
12th: 85%
B.E (Mechanical), BITS Pilani Goa Campus, CGPA 8.66

Work Experience:
A. 2 Months Summer Internship at Thermax Ltd. (Boiler manufacturer company) during vacation after the 2nd year of undergraduation
B. 6 months curricular internship at Tata Technologies Ltd. working with the aerospace division
C. Working with Tata Motors, Pune for 3 years now-
1. 20 months with Purchase Program Management department, a coordination unit within Purchase & Supply chain department
2. Currently working with the Advance Quality (Part development) department. A techno-managerial role.

Achievements:
1. N.T.S.E Scholarship recipient
2. Recipient of institute's merit-cum need scholarship during undergraduation
3. Led BITS Pilani, Goa carrom team at inter-college sports fest.
4. Inter-school athletic event (long jump) bronze medal
5. Part of Tata Motors, Pune football team which secured third place at an inter-Tata corporate football tournament


Extra Curricular:
1. Football: Part of Tata Motors, Pune football team. Represented Tata Motors in many corporate football tournaments
2. Carrom: Represented BITS Pilani, Goa at sports fest in the carrom event
3. Part of various CSR activities initiated by Tata Motors

Career goals(Why MBA?):

Having worked with the core mechanical industry for 3-4 years, I would like to get exposure to diverse aspects of a business and varied industries. I believe a B-school would definitely be a good place to start with. Post-MBA I want to get into operations consulting role, grow within the organization to attain positions of higher responsibility in operations and help contribute towards organization's growth.

Aiming for: ISB, SMU, NTU

I'll be applying in R2


Hi!

You have a pretty strong profile and GMAT. Don't think you should consider SMU. For ISB, if you are planning to do the application yourself, then you may target R2, but if you are looking to work with a professional consultant, you should be able to target R1. Scholarships apart, R1 has its own advantages not just for ISB but your planning for other schools based on the results.

All the Best!
ISBmantra / Admit Square Consulting

[Meet us at Taj Vivanta, MG Road, Bangalore along with our team of former ISB Directors and top school alumni on 18th September]
_________________
[The only company with former ISB Admissions Officials on Board]
http://www.isbmantra.com | info@isbmantra.com | Tollfree: 1800-1020-885
Admission Consultant
User avatar
B
Joined: 21 Oct 2013
Posts: 90
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Sep 2018, 02:45
ankit7agarwal wrote:
Hi

Please review my profile for ISB. Also please suggest what should I include in essays for ISB.

GMAT - 710
10th CBSE - 92.4 %
12th CBSE - 90.8 %

IIT Roorkee - CGPA - 8.131

Work Ex - 3 years as of now. At the time of admit it will be ~ 4 years

EXL services (1.5 Year)

- Fraud Analytics for US based apparel giant. Use the transactions and payments data to detect and stop future fraud loss.
- While working during the holiday season when the client sales shoots up to $500 million, I was fully responsible to manage the fraud operations for a banner and to devise strategies to implement during the season.
- Got a fast promotion within 1 year
- Employee of the quarter (1 in 250)

Axtira (1.5 Year)
- Woked for US pharmaceutical clients and helped them to set sales goals for their pharma reps across georgraphy

Freelacer - Also, work as a freelancer on fiverr.com to help small businesses around the world to automate their data handling and reporting process. Rated 4.7/5 by 22 reviewers.


Pretty good profile Ankit! Low work-ex would mean extra emphasis on your leadership and industry exposure through your essays. Analytics background should help given the wide range of opportunities at ISB. Your Fiverr experience may also come in handy while working on the diversity essay.

All the Best!
ISBmantra / Admit Square Consulting

[Meet us at Taj Vivanta, MG Road, Bangalore along with our team of former ISB Directors and alumni from the ivy league on 18th September]
_________________
[The only company with former ISB Admissions Officials on Board]
http://www.isbmantra.com | info@isbmantra.com | Tollfree: 1800-1020-885
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 31 Aug 2018
Posts: 1
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Sep 2018, 06:35
HI Team

Thank for help ,

My Profile say,
SSC 84.3
+2 86.3
B.tech (Mechanical) 71.3
MBA(Power) 73

and over 8+ Years of experience with varied exposure to Operation , BD and strategy
around 1yr experience of entrepreneurship

would like to give a try for ISB ;
SVP
SVP
User avatar
D
Joined: 16 Jan 2012
Posts: 1663
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Sep 2018, 13:13
1
Satheeshteki wrote:
HI Team

Thank for help ,

My Profile say,
SSC 84.3
+2 86.3
B.tech (Mechanical) 71.3
MBA(Power) 73

and over 8+ Years of experience with varied exposure to Operation , BD and strategy
around 1yr experience of entrepreneurship

would like to give a try for ISB ;



It seems you haven't taken your GMAT, which is a prerequisite for applying to business school.
_________________
Namita Garg,
http://www.mbadecoder.com
Contact us at: contact@mbadecoder.com

Ask us for ASSESSING YOUR MBA CHANCES

Totally Invested In Your Success. Therefore, unlimited essay guidance and unlimited communication with you.
Admission Consultant
User avatar
B
Joined: 21 Oct 2013
Posts: 90
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Sep 2018, 10:42
Satheeshteki wrote:
HI Team

Thank for help ,

My Profile say,
SSC 84.3
+2 86.3
B.tech (Mechanical) 71.3
MBA(Power) 73

and over 8+ Years of experience with varied exposure to Operation , BD and strategy
around 1yr experience of entrepreneurship

would like to give a try for ISB ;


Hi Satheesh! This is very less information to provide an evaluation but with the high experience you have and with your recent entrepreneurship stint, you should be able to present a strong application to ISB. Since it isn't a straightforward profile, you will have to work extra hard on connecting the dots, presenting coherent career plans and establishing the need for an MBA.

All the Best!
ISBmantra / Admit Square Consulting

[Meet us at Taj Vivanta, MG Road, Bangalore along with our team of former ISB Directors and alumni from the ivy league on 18th September]

_________________
[The only company with former ISB Admissions Officials on Board]
http://www.isbmantra.com | info@isbmantra.com | Tollfree: 1800-1020-885
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 08 Feb 2018
Posts: 20
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Sep 2018, 14:20
Hi,

Planning to apply for Round 2. Haven't given mock yet, aiming for 700-720.

Age: 26 years
10th CBSE - 76 %
12th CBSE - 75.2 %

SRM University (B.tech - IT) - 7.34 GPA

Work Experience: 5+ years

1. Tata Consultancy Service (2.5 years)

- Development, Maintenance and Support on JAVA for an aviation client.
- Data Extraction using SQL/Postgres for monthly reporting on metrics.
- Managing learning and development of two trainees.
- Group Representative of 50 employees during training.
- Highest appraisal rating and Star of Performers group.
- JAVA & C certified. Trained in Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing.

2. Lawyered (2.5 years)

- Co-founded in 2015 after leaving TCS, Legal marketplace for startups and businesses.
- Got acquired by India Accelerator in April 2018.
- Worked on all aspects of business.
- Managed team of 10 directly under me.
- Notable metrics achieved multiple domains of Marketing and business development.
- Currently on Board of Advisors.

3. India Accelerator & Lawyered (6 months)

- Part time consultant on Fundraising, Technology and Marketing.

Co-Curricular:

- During College, founded an NGO (unregistered) which operated for 2 years. Managed team of 20 volunteers. Lots of newspaper mentions in newspaper coverage of activities.
- Started an online merchandise business which gave 20x return.
- Competitive gamer.

Haven't taken GMAT yet,

Scored a 640 in both GMAT Prep 1 and 690 in GMAT Prep 2.
Director
Director
User avatar
P
Status: MBA Admissions Coach
Affiliations: one MBA coach
Joined: 18 Apr 2018
Posts: 688
Location: India
Schools: HBS, INSEAD, HEC, ISB, Rotman, IIMA , IIM, EDHEC
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.75
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Sep 2018, 01:02
Hello raghavshekhar

While your work ex certainly looks different due to your venture, not sure what your career goals are and why you wish to study at ISB.
Without this info your profile and application will be incomplete.
If you can get a 700+ and showcase a compelling need for an MBA at ISB, you may have a decent chance.

Best
Varun Sharma
+919137133507
MBAkarma.com
GMAT Score Predictor
info@mbakarma.com


raghavshekhar wrote:
Hi,

Planning to apply for Round 2. Haven't given mock yet, aiming for 700-720.

Age: 26 years
10th CBSE - 76 %
12th CBSE - 75.2 %

SRM University (B.tech - IT) - 7.34 GPA

Work Experience: 5+ years

1. Tata Consultancy Service (2.5 years)

- Development, Maintenance and Support on JAVA for an aviation client.
- Data Extraction using SQL/Postgres for monthly reporting on metrics.
- Managing learning and development of two trainees.
- Group Representative of 50 employees during training.
- Highest appraisal rating and Star of Performers group.
- JAVA & C certified. Trained in Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing.

2. Lawyered (2.5 years)

- Co-founded in 2015 after leaving TCS, Legal marketplace for startups and businesses.
- Got acquired by India Accelerator in April 2018.
- Worked on all aspects of business.
- Managed team of 10 directly under me.
- Notable metrics achieved multiple domains of Marketing and business development.
- Currently on Board of Advisors.

3. India Accelerator & Lawyered (6 months)

- Part time consultant on Fundraising, Technology and Marketing.

Co-Curricular:

- During College, founded an NGO (unregistered) which operated for 2 years. Managed team of 20 volunteers. Lots of newspaper mentions in newspaper coverage of activities.
- Started an online merchandise business which gave 20x return.
- Competitive gamer.

Haven't taken GMAT yet,

Scored a 640 in both GMAT Prep 1 and 690 in GMAT Prep 2.

_________________
Varun Sharma
MBAkarma.com
info (at) MBAkarma (dot) com
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 08 Feb 2018
Posts: 20
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Sep 2018, 02:01
MBAkarma wrote:

While your work ex certainly looks different due to your venture, not sure what your career goals are and why you wish to study at ISB.
Without this info your profile and application will be incomplete.
If you can get a 700+ and showcase a compelling need for an MBA at ISB, you may have a decent chance.

raghavshekhar wrote:
Hi,

Planning to apply for Round 2. Haven't given mock yet, aiming for 700-720.

Age: 26 years
10th CBSE - 76 %
12th CBSE - 75.2 %

SRM University (B.tech - IT) - 7.34 GPA

Work Experience: 5+ years

1. Tata Consultancy Service (2.5 years)

- Development, Maintenance and Support on JAVA for an aviation client.
- Data Extraction using SQL/Postgres for monthly reporting on metrics.
- Managing learning and development of two trainees.
- Group Representative of 50 employees during training.
- Highest appraisal rating and Star of Performers group.
- JAVA & C certified. Trained in Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing.

2. Lawyered (2.5 years)

- Co-founded in 2015 after leaving TCS, Legal marketplace for startups and businesses.
- Got acquired by India Accelerator in April 2018.
- Worked on all aspects of business.
- Managed team of 10 directly under me.
- Notable metrics achieved multiple domains of Marketing and business development.
- Currently on Board of Advisors.

3. India Accelerator & Lawyered (6 months)

- Part time consultant on Fundraising, Technology and Marketing.

Co-Curricular:

- During College, founded an NGO (unregistered) which operated for 2 years. Managed team of 20 volunteers. Lots of newspaper mentions in newspaper coverage of activities.
- Started an online merchandise business which gave 20x return.
- Competitive gamer.

Haven't taken GMAT yet,

Scored a 640 in both GMAT Prep 1 and 690 in GMAT Prep 2.


Hi Varun,

Thanks for the reply.

I'm looking to build a career in the consulting side. I would be focussing on finance majorly through my course and hope to get into a PE/VC/Consulting firm as an Investment analyst/Professional. I'm very closely associated to the startup ecosystem (both founders and investors) and I wish to consult companies on building and scaling.
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 05 Jul 2017
Posts: 53
Location: India
GMAT 1: 630 Q40 V36
GMAT 2: 570 Q32 V37
GMAT 3: 680 Q46 V38
GMAT 4: 710 Q47 V40
GRE 1: Q156 V158
GPA: 3.5
WE: Marketing (Retail Banking)
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Sep 2018, 02:07
Would anybody like to have a go at analyzing my profile? Below are the details:

Age: 26
Class X: 87%
Class XII: 82%
CGPA: 7.19 (VIT University, B.Tech in Computer Engineering though there are a fair share of backlogs which I successfully cleared within the 4 years)
Best GMAT Score: 710 (Q47 V40 IR 7 AWA 5)

Work Experience: 5.5 years by March 2019 - All in Marketing. The last 4 years of those has been in a pan-Indian Fintech startup, with the last 1.5 years in a Managerial role.

Extracurricular: Ran a Culture Critic portal during my college days, Moderator of an aviation community since 2009, volunteered with Greenpeace India for 6 months in 2017.

Other: Completed a course with Coursera on Engagement & Nurture Marketing

Many thanks in advance!
SVP
SVP
User avatar
D
Joined: 16 Jan 2012
Posts: 1663
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Sep 2018, 06:13
Hi Spiderguy,

Glad to see you out a web around the GMAT score . That's an outstanding story of grit and perseverance (reco lingo :-D , we are reading too many of them these days)
I see everything good on your profile. You will have to still project it in the best possible way that impresses the adcom and gets you the coveted interview invite.
All the best...hope you are applying for R1.


[quote=Spiderguy252]

Work Experience: 5.5 years by March 2019 - All in Marketing. The last 4 years of those has been in a pan-Indian Fintech startup, with the last 1.5 years in a Managerial role.

Extracurricular: Ran a Culture Critic portal during my college days, Moderator of an aviation community since 2009, volunteered with Greenpeace India for 6 months in 2017.

Other: Completed a course with Coursera on Engagement & Nurture Marketing

Many thanks in advance![/quote]
_________________
Namita Garg,
http://www.mbadecoder.com
Contact us at: contact@mbadecoder.com

Ask us for ASSESSING YOUR MBA CHANCES

Totally Invested In Your Success. Therefore, unlimited essay guidance and unlimited communication with you.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 12 Jun 2017
Posts: 6
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Sep 2018, 11:27
HI All,

I would appreciate if someone can help me evaluate profile for ISB.

GMAT Score - 710 Q49 V38 AWA-4 IR-8

Experience - 4.5 years in IT industry as Software Engineer

Academics -
BE (IT) - 7.3
12th - 80.2%
10th - 83.6

Awards -
Employee of the Month, Team of the Quarter, Innovation award 2015, Innovation award 2017
2 promotions so far

Extra-Curricular -
Winner at district level Doubles TT tournament 2015
Runner-Up at district level Doubles TT tournament 2016
Head of TT Club at organization level for 2 years
Hobbyist Photographer with 2 photography profiles on Instagram
Covered Marathon as an event photographer in 2015
Couple of my photographs were part of an exhibition on heritage walk
and many more...

No International Experience.

How would my profile weigh against other applicants at ISB? And what are the areas that require improvement?

Thank You.
Manager
Manager
User avatar
S
Joined: 26 May 2016
Posts: 136
Schools: ISB (A)
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Sep 2018, 21:30
DarshilPandya wrote:
HI All,

I would appreciate if someone can help me evaluate profile for ISB.

GMAT Score - 710 Q49 V38 AWA-4 IR-8

Experience - 4.5 years in IT industry as Software Engineer

Academics -
BE (IT) - 7.3
12th - 80.2%
10th - 83.6

Awards -
Employee of the Month, Team of the Quarter, Innovation award 2015, Innovation award 2017
2 promotions so far

Extra-Curricular -
Winner at district level Doubles TT tournament 2015
Runner-Up at district level Doubles TT tournament 2016
Head of TT Club at organization level for 2 years
Hobbyist Photographer with 2 photography profiles on Instagram
Covered Marathon as an event photographer in 2015
Couple of my photographs were part of an exhibition on heritage walk
and many more...

No International Experience.

How would my profile weigh against other applicants at ISB? And what are the areas that require improvement?

Thank You.


Hi,
ISB assesses each applicant holistically. Significant weightage is placed on the following:
- Profile: This includes your educational background, the quality and tenure of your work experience, and your participation in extracurricular activities.
There is not a significant amount of information available to assess the quality of your work experience. It would be helpful to have a bit more clarity around your exact role, the impact of our decisions, the kind of teams you work with and the scope of responsibilities and duties delivered by you. However, a compelling case can be built around your achievements at work as highlighted through various workplace awards won by you. Your ECA section appears to be strong. It will be crucial to present your ECA achievements in the most efficient manner. A high degree of mastery in one domain is more suitable than dipping your toes in multiple ponds.
- Application: This includes your essays and Letter of recommendation (LoR). Your essays will compose of answers to two crucial questions that ISB asks as a part of their application. Along with the essays, an LoR will be sought from your supervisors at work
Essays are a crucial aspect of an ISB application. You are expected to be succinct while justifying the need for an MBA at this stage of your life. If you can create a compelling story that justifies an MBA from ISB as a means of transition from your short-term goals to medium term and long-term goals, you should not face any challenges in this regard. You should also be confident of your unique contributions to the class, and highlight the same in your application. You career goals need to be presented in a compelling fashion, with a natural flow established between where you are currently and how ISB’s PGP plugs the gap to enable you to achieve your long-term objective.
- Test Score: Your GMAT/GRE score will be representative of your reasoning and aptitude-related abilities. It can be used to compensate for the lack of stellar academics
Being an engineer, you will not fall in the “diversity” bucket. Therefore, it becomes crucial for you to present a strong GMAT score. Given your profile, you should target a score in the range of 710-730 to maximize your chances of selection and eventual conversion. While an admit at a GMAT score of 710 is certainly possible if your essays and LoR are exceptionally good, a GMAT score of at least 720+ can be considered as a booster for your profile. You could use the extension in the GMAT window to plan a second attempt if possible.
Overall, we believe you stand a decent chance at securing an interview call and would recommend you go ahead by paying attention on your Essays. They will be the deciding factor given your profile since you have all other bases covered.
Hope this helps!
_________________
Regards,
Team Strategy4GMAT
http://www.strategy4gmat.com
(an ISB alumni initiative)
Director
Director
User avatar
P
Status: MBA Admissions Coach
Affiliations: one MBA coach
Joined: 18 Apr 2018
Posts: 688
Location: India
Schools: HBS, INSEAD, HEC, ISB, Rotman, IIMA , IIM, EDHEC
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.75
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Sep 2018, 21:36
Hello DarshilPandya

Though your past acads and GMAT is decent, considering your IT background it is not stellar enough to help you stand out.
So you will need to highlight spectacular strengths in other areas- Career Progression, Achievements at work (awards are not achievements, they are results) and real business impact.
Similarly with extracurricular, showcase your contribution and impact more than a laundry list. The school is more interested in the 'qualitative' side of your story.
Not sure what organization you work with- the brand can help you at times. You can read here on what factors to focus on in your written application.
Lastly, the most important piece of information is missing- what are your short term/long term career goals and why do these goals require an MBA. A profile and an application is incomplete without this info. You may want to add to your research by reading here

Best
Varun Sharma
+919137133507
MBAkarma.com
GMAT Score Predictor
info@mbakarma.com



DarshilPandya wrote:
HI All,

I would appreciate if someone can help me evaluate profile for ISB.

GMAT Score - 710 Q49 V38 AWA-4 IR-8

Experience - 4.5 years in IT industry as Software Engineer

Academics -
BE (IT) - 7.3
12th - 80.2%
10th - 83.6

Awards -
Employee of the Month, Team of the Quarter, Innovation award 2015, Innovation award 2017
2 promotions so far

Extra-Curricular -
Winner at district level Doubles TT tournament 2015
Runner-Up at district level Doubles TT tournament 2016
Head of TT Club at organization level for 2 years
Hobbyist Photographer with 2 photography profiles on Instagram
Covered Marathon as an event photographer in 2015
Couple of my photographs were part of an exhibition on heritage walk
and many more...

No International Experience.

How would my profile weigh against other applicants at ISB? And what are the areas that require improvement?

Thank You.

_________________
Varun Sharma
MBAkarma.com
info (at) MBAkarma (dot) com
Director
Director
User avatar
P
Status: MBA Admissions Coach
Affiliations: one MBA coach
Joined: 18 Apr 2018
Posts: 688
Location: India
Schools: HBS, INSEAD, HEC, ISB, Rotman, IIMA , IIM, EDHEC
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.75
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Sep 2018, 21:39
Hello Spiderguy252

Interesting profile in terms of Work Ex, GMAT and extracurricular, but what are your career goals, my friend?

Best
Varun Sharma
+919137133507
Free Profile Review
MBAkarma.com
GMAT Score Predictor
info@mbakarma.com



Spiderguy252 wrote:
Would anybody like to have a go at analyzing my profile? Below are the details:

Age: 26
Class X: 87%
Class XII: 82%
CGPA: 7.19 (VIT University, B.Tech in Computer Engineering though there are a fair share of backlogs which I successfully cleared within the 4 years)
Best GMAT Score: 710 (Q47 V40 IR 7 AWA 5)

Work Experience: 5.5 years by March 2019 - All in Marketing. The last 4 years of those has been in a pan-Indian Fintech startup, with the last 1.5 years in a Managerial role.

Extracurricular: Ran a Culture Critic portal during my college days, Moderator of an aviation community since 2009, volunteered with Greenpeace India for 6 months in 2017.

Other: Completed a course with Coursera on Engagement & Nurture Marketing

Many thanks in advance!

_________________
Varun Sharma
MBAkarma.com
info (at) MBAkarma (dot) com
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 16 Jul 2018
Posts: 8
Location: India
GMAT 1: 660 Q47 V34
GRE 1: Q157 V156
GPA: 4
ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 10 Sep 2018, 02:00
Please review my profile for the ISB class of 2020:

X- 94.4%
XII- 94.8%
B.E in Chemical Engineeing- 9.01 CGPA from a top state university
GMAT - 660 (not too pleased with the score, might go for a re-take)

Work-Ex- 36 months with a leading multi-national insurance firm. I work in the loss prevention and risk management domain for various commercial and energy enterprises. My job involves a fair bit of travelling and client consulting in various parts of the world, I perform property audits to improve the quality of risk and at the same time assist the company in deciding if we should be writing this business or not.

I like what I am doing right now and I believe than an MBA will widen my opportunities and give me an outlook that can make a bigger impact in the market.

Extra Curricular- I have been training in classical dance since I was seven, I have even taken it up professionally while I was in college performing with various troupes in events such as BRICS summit, Kyoto to Kashi etc. Additionally, I was the dance team head in college.

I was a part of a youth group which consisted of individuals from various colleges across the city, we organised events to raise awareness towards social issues.

I am passionate about public speaking and actively associated with the Toastmasters Club at my work place, currently the Associate President of the Club.

Lastly, I like writing - I have an online blog that I started earlier this year as well as Newsletter that I am editor of at my work place. Other active interests include yoga, fitness and literature.

Awards - Employee of the Quarter, Triple Crown Award (Toastmasters Org.), Best Final Project (College, IIChe)

Papers - 2 published papers while I was completing my undergrad.


My major concern with respect to the application is my GMAT score (My target score was 700-730 while prepping). I am ready for Round 1 in terms of my essays and other such details however if I re-attempt my GMAT I cannot target Round 1. And I hear that Round 2 applicant pool is much larger. Could you please assist?

Originally posted by athena18 on 10 Sep 2018, 00:32.
Last edited by athena18 on 10 Sep 2018, 02:00, edited 1 time in total.
Current Student
avatar
B
Joined: 28 Oct 2017
Posts: 33
Location: India
Schools: ISB '20 (WA), IIM (A)
GMAT 1: 640 Q47 V32
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V38
Reviews Badge
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Sep 2018, 01:53
Hello,

I am 32 years Indian Male, going to be 33 this November.
10th - 79% from State Board
12th - 81% from State Board
B.E. in Mechanical Engineering - 73%

Job Experience -
7 months in Jindal Steel, Raigarh in 2007
Then after in BHEL (Maharatna PSU working in energy and manufacturing sector) for 10+ years (Going to be 11 years in Feb'2019).
In BHEL, I have worked 6 years in 4 sites (I was site in charge in 2 sites). Presently working in Project Engineering.

Hobbies -
Photography (Have won competitions, published in some websites, one magazine and one newspaper)
Cooking
Writing (Write blogs sometimes, mainly poems and short stories, took part in TOI Write India Contest, did not won anything there though)

I run and cycle , took part in 11km Run Bhopal Run in 2017. Finished in top 20%.

GMAT Score 710 (V38, Q49, IR5). This is my 2nd attempt. I scored 640 (Q47, V32, IR6, AWA5.5) in 1st attempt, which was 6 weeks back.

Future Goal -
Change industry from Energy to FMCG, as I wish to work in Food and Beverage sector.
I am applying for ISB Round 1.

Please evaluate my profile.
Thanks in advance.

Regards
Rakesh Mondal
Director
Director
User avatar
P
Status: MBA Admissions Coach
Affiliations: one MBA coach
Joined: 18 Apr 2018
Posts: 688
Location: India
Schools: HBS, INSEAD, HEC, ISB, Rotman, IIMA , IIM, EDHEC
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.75
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Sep 2018, 02:57
Hello athena18

While your profile looks decent in terms of work ex and extracurricular, your GMAT is definitely on the lower side and your specific career goals are missing.
You may want to read here on what makes a complete profile and here on career goals.
Coming to retaking the GMAT yes you should do that and target a 700+ at least.
ISB has sent a notification that they are willing to accept GMAT scores till 15th Oct even for R1 applications. The deadline for essays remains the same (15 Sep) and you need to book the date before 15 Sep.
That may help you.
That said, follow this only if you are sure of cracking above 700 before 15 Oct (a month of prep). Otherwise, though applying in R1 has its advantages, one must apply whenever their application is the strongest (in your case it will be stronger with a higher GMAT). So if you feel you can get a higher GMAT by Nov, apply in R2, do not rush things and derail both your essays and the GMAT.

Best
Varun Sharma
+919137133507
MBAkarma.com
GMAT Score Predictor
info@mbakarma.com


athena18 wrote:
Please review my profile for the ISB class of 2020:

X- 94.4%
XII- 94.8%
B.E in Chemical Engineeing- 9.01 CGPA from a top state university
GMAT - 660 (not too pleased with the score, might go for a re-take)

Work-Ex- 36 months with a leading multi-national insurance firm. I work in the loss prevention and risk management domain for various commercial and energy enterprises. My job involves a fair bit of travelling and client consulting in various parts of the world, I perform property audits to improve the quality of risk and at the same time assist the company in deciding if we should be writing this business or not.

I like what I am doing right now and I believe than an MBA will widen my opportunities and give me an outlook that can make a bigger impact in the market.

Extra Curricular- I have been training in classical dance since I was seven, I have even taken it up professionally while I was in college performing with various troupes in events such as BRICS summit, Kyoto to Kashi etc. Additionally, I was the dance team head in college.

I was a part of a youth group which consisted of individuals from various colleges across the city, we organised events to raise awareness towards social issues.

I am passionate about public speaking and actively associated with the Toastmasters Club at my work place, currently the Associate President of the Club.

Lastly, I like writing - I have an online blog that I started earlier this year as well as Newsletter that I am editor of at my work place. Other active interests include yoga, fitness and literature.

Awards - Employee of the Quarter, Triple Crown Award (Toastmasters Org.), Best Final Project (College, IIChe)

Papers - 2 published papers while I was completing my undergrad.


My major concern with respect to the application is my GMAT score (My target score was 700-730 while prepping). I am ready for Round 1 in terms of my essays and other such details however if I re-attempt my GMAT I cannot target Round 1. And I hear that Round 2 applicant pool is much larger. Could you please assist?

_________________
Varun Sharma
MBAkarma.com
info (at) MBAkarma (dot) com
Director
Director
User avatar
P
Status: MBA Admissions Coach
Affiliations: one MBA coach
Joined: 18 Apr 2018
Posts: 688
Location: India
Schools: HBS, INSEAD, HEC, ISB, Rotman, IIMA , IIM, EDHEC
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.75
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Sep 2018, 03:01
Hello raks85

Your GMAT and work ex is good and gives you a slight edge.
Not entirely sure how moving into FMCG ties in with your past experience and need of an MBA (would need to understand the nature of your work deeply to comment on that). So make sure the career goals you present are realistic, organic and fit with the school.
A weak career goals narrative can hurt an application the most.
What other schools are you applying to? With your experience you could target IIM one year program. R1 dates are gone, but can still apply in R2.
Whereas ISB is concerned, if you are applying in R1, then you must be done with your essays/LOR by now (I assume)- as ultimately that is what will help you set yourself apart.

Best
Varun Sharma
+919137133507
MBAkarma.com
GMAT Score Predictor
info@mbakarma.com


raks85 wrote:
Hello,

I am 32 years Indian Male, going to be 33 this November.
10th - 79% from State Board
12th - 81% from State Board
B.E. in Mechanical Engineering - 73%

Job Experience -
7 months in Jindal Steel, Raigarh in 2007
Then after in BHEL (Maharatna PSU working in energy and manufacturing sector) for 10+ years (Going to be 11 years in Feb'2019).
In BHEL, I have worked 6 years in 4 sites (I was site in charge in 2 sites). Presently working in Project Engineering.

Hobbies -
Photography (Have won competitions, published in some websites, one magazine and one newspaper)
Cooking
Writing (Write blogs sometimes, mainly poems and short stories, took part in TOI Write India Contest, did not won anything there though)

I run and cycle , took part in 11km Run Bhopal Run in 2017. Finished in top 20%.

GMAT Score 710 (V38, Q49, IR5). This is my 2nd attempt. I scored 640 (Q47, V32, IR6, AWA5.5) in 1st attempt, which was 6 weeks back.

Future Goal -
Change industry from Energy to FMCG, as I wish to work in Food and Beverage sector.
I am applying for ISB Round 1.

Please evaluate my profile.
Thanks in advance.

Regards
Rakesh Mondal

_________________
Varun Sharma
MBAkarma.com
info (at) MBAkarma (dot) com
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 28 Aug 2018
Posts: 15
Location: India
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.8
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Sep 2018, 03:02
Hi,
Please help to evaluate my profile for ISB Class of 2020.

X : 95.4%
XII : 92.8%
Undergrad : Computer Science & Engineering (Non IIT/NIT) : 81%

Work Ex :
Samsung India Electronics Limited (Android App Development)
Currently working as Lead Engineer in the Product R&D Team for Contacts and Phone Applications.

International Work-Ex : Have traveled to Samsung Headquarters (Suwon, South Korea) 4 times, successfully developing and publishing features in five flagship models (Galaxy S8, Galaxy Note8, Galaxy S9, Galaxy Note9) and have also lead a team for developing an application for Korean Railways, a Korean Government Project.

At the same time, lead the Contacts and Phone Application teams for the first three SRI-Noida Models for SWA (South West Asia) markets including TST (Turbo Speed Technology) and Android GO.

Extra Curricular : Lead Vocalist & Secretary of the Music Society of the University.
Core member of the organizing committee of the Annual Techno-Cultural
Core member of Melody-Us, the music club at Samsung Noida.
Participated and won prizes in a number of Inter School Debates, Quizzes and Music competitions.
Head Boy at school, Class Representative and Senior Placement Coordinator at College for Computer Science & Engineering, Class of 2014.

Hobbies : An avid follower of football (English Premier League in particular), Singing, Poetry Writing.

Voluntary : Member of the Roataract Club at college, organized blood donation camps, Member of CSR club at Samsung (teaching, organizing donations and various events (Sports Day, festival celebrations etc, at an adopted orphanage in Noida)

GMAT : 730 (QA 49, VA 40, IR 8, AWA 5.5)

Career Goals :
Small term :Join a Healthcare Consulting firm.
Long Term : Be a part of the decision making process at a Healthcare Consulting firm in order to focus on improving the medical facilities and health for lower/lower middle class.

Planning to apply in R2.

What are my chances compared to other applicants bringing in diversity, considering that I belong to the major pool of applicants (Male, Engineer, IT).
Should I consider re-taking GMAT ( I genuinely feel I can improve on my QA score and did not do justice with QA during the exam)
Any feedback would be appreciated.
Thanks.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!   [#permalink] 10 Sep 2018, 03:02

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  107   108   109   110   111  ...  147    Next  [ 2939 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!

  new topic post reply Update application status  





Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne