It is currently 20 Oct 2017, 15:22

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Current Student

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 47

Schools: ISB '17 (M)
GPA: 3.16
WE: Account Management (Retail)
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Aug 2016, 06:04
lpriya wrote:
Hi,

It would be great if someone can help in evaluating my profile and suggest if I need to retake the GMAT to improve my score

Have written the GMAT twice.
My latest GMAT score:660 (Q48 V33)
Previous GMAT score: 660 (Q46 V35)

Academics:
Studied in VIT. GPA of 9/10
10th : 94.2 %
12th: 90.6%

I am 28 years female. Working in IT (TCS) in area of Quality Assurance.
Have 7 years working experience with 6 months of Onsite experience.
Have worked for various clients in various domain such as Retail, Banking.

Hobbies: Baking, Cooking, Painting, Reading, veena player

What are the chances of getting through ISB for Round 1 this year? or should I retake and improve my score and apply for Round 2?
Please advise.

Thanks,
Priya

Hi Priya,

Try to push up your score a bit, since you are a part of engg pool applicants (which is huge). Though ISB has a GMAT range of 590-770 (http://www.isb.edu/pgp/peer-group/class-profile), low GMAT scores are often made up by other achievements or diversity in profiles of the candidates (national level sports player, published author, co-founder of a startup, etc.). You need atleast 1 differentiating factor to use as a hook the adcom. High GMAT score is an easy way for this, so people stress on getting 700+ GMAT scores.
I would recommend you to focus on your essays while applying. You have good work ex, extra curriculars and academics. GMAT has about 1/3rd weightage. If positioned the right way, you can get an admit this year. Focus on highlighting your leadership skills, career progression, experiences that bring out different dimensions of your personality, weave your achievements and goals in an interesting story. Do attend events organized by ISB for better understanding on what works for applicants.

All the best!

Last edited by Andromeda1 on 09 Aug 2016, 06:53, edited 1 time in total.

Manager
Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 30 [0], given: 0

Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Aug 2016, 06:37
soochrmd wrote:
I am Sudharshan, 26 years old, working in manufacturing sector, for TVS Turbo Energy Ltd (National leader in Turbochargers market - India).

Work exp : 5+ years
Role : Project management - Key account management, Project management (Handled domestic and international customers)
GMAT : 650 (V : 31 , Q :49, AWA : 6)
B.E Mechanical : 80.3% - Anna University, Chennai
Other notable works : City lead for M.A.D Chennai (Make A Difference - NGO for Education), College/Company football player, Mechanical Department Secretary, Mechanical Department topper (once)

I am aware that my GMAT score is not exceptional. But do I have a shot at all? Please advise.

Hi Sudharshan, you have your task cut out. There is still lot of time before R1 deadline. Work on your verbal and push it to 35+. That will push your GMAT to 700+.

Why take chances with such a good profile otherwise? With 5+ years of experience already, you would not want to wait another year with the learning that GMAT score should have been higher....isn't it?

http://www.ISBeacon.com

For ISB Aspirants, by ISB Alums

Free First essay
Free Profile Evaluation
Free ISB Essays Best Practices Document

ISBeacon: Your Beacon to ISB

Kudos [?]: 30 [0], given: 0

Current Student

Show Tags

New post 09 Aug 2016, 06:40
swarnendu wrote:
My profile:
10th standard: 92%
12th Standard: 86%
Graduation: B.E. in Mechanical Engineering:75% ( with Honors) from Bengal Engineering & Science University,Shibpur( Now IIEST)
Began my career in Sales & Marketing Dept of Construction Equipment Business of Larsen & Toubro Ltd., and then moved to divisional marketing team within the same company.
exp 42 months this Dec 2015
GMAT Score:690 (QA 50, VA33)
I am looking for ISB. Should I consider a retake??

Hi Swarnendu,

Your score seems a bit on the lower side, specially for the Indian male (engg.) pool. ISB's GMAT range is from 590-770. You have an interesting profile, so would encourage you to go ahead an apply. Your essays would need to stand out and help you differentiate from other applicants. Use examples to highlight your leadership skills,career progression, and bring out different aspects of your personality. So work really hard on your essays (believe me, there will be umpteen iterations) and start approaching your potential recommenders now.

All the best!

Current Student

Show Tags

New post 09 Aug 2016, 07:01
awallflower wrote:
Hello All,

I am an ISB 2017-18 aspirant and would like to have a preliminary evaluation of my profile for ISB. Also, if anyone can suggest me which colleges should I apply to in India/US/Europe, it will be very helpful. Thanks!! :)

10th - 94%

12th-88%

B.E - Computer Science and Engineering - 82% Mahrishi Dayanand University, Rohtak

Female/Married

GMAT - 700 (Dec 2015)
Q48
V38
IR 6
AWA 5.5

Work Ex : 6.5 years, as on 31 March 2017

My role requires program management, vendor management as well as automation. It also involves constant interaction with client and articulating their requirements into deliverable( Kind of Business Analyst role). I started as Quality Engineer and have continued in the same line.I have a lead role since past two years, but my designation does not have the word 'lead' in it.

Academically consistent all through school and college. Was among toppers in both of them.

Extra curricular- In school and college, I was into Oration, writing, science symposiums. I won many state and national level prizes at school.

At my workplace I am into publishing paper, product ideation, and CSR. I have also been a mentor to one of the scholars chosen from all over the globe. And currently I am involved in a project with an established NGO. I also have recognitions from my workplace for my work.

Hobbies- Include reading fiction and health related articles, watching movies and volunteering.

Why MBA? - It is my obvious path right now. I love my job and I want to grow in it. I have gained enough experience to see how a product evolves and how each of the stakeholders is impacted by the progress or lack of it. I am creatively inclined (hence, Adobe!!), and want to develop my ideas into products. My short -term career plan is to go into product management and eventually evolve into higher leadership roles.

Hi Awallflower,

Your profile seems fine and I think you should definitely apply for ISB Round 1 (scholarships are for R1 only) this year. Do focus on your essays to bring out different achievements/ dimensions.

All the best!

Current Student

Show Tags

New post 09 Aug 2016, 07:14
NimishaP wrote:
Hi,
Please evaluate my profile
Indian journalist, female
3 years work experience in TV news (brands like TIMES NOW, NDTV, India Today)
GMAT: 690 (Q 47, V 38)
School 10th: 94%
School 12th: 91%
College, English Honours, from Lady Shri Ram College for Women, Delhi University: 55%
I've just been dinged by Queen's. Do I stand a chance anywhere else?

Hi NimishaP,

You have a different background and will contribute to the diversity pool. Your GMAT score is decent enough for most Asian bschools (eg: http://www.isb.edu/pgp/peer-group/class-profile). GMAT has about 20-30% weightage for most B-school applications. Essays might be make or break in your case. You need to tie up your past achievements, and experiences with your post MBA goals (realistic), highlight leadership experiences, show how you would contribute to the class - in a very crisp manner through your essays and recommendations. Dont be a flat,boring applicant!

All the best!

Expert Post
Admission Consultant
G

Kudos [?]: 151 [0], given: 51

Show Tags

New post 09 Aug 2016, 22:07
soochrmd wrote:
I am Sudharshan, 26 years old, working in manufacturing sector, for TVS Turbo Energy Ltd (National leader in Turbochargers market - India).

Work exp : 5+ years
Role : Project management - Key account management, Project management (Handled domestic and international customers)
GMAT : 650 (V : 31 , Q :49, AWA : 6)
B.E Mechanical : 80.3% - Anna University, Chennai
Other notable works : City lead for M.A.D Chennai (Make A Difference - NGO for Education), College/Company football player, Mechanical Department Secretary, Mechanical Department topper (once)

I am aware that my GMAT score is not exceptional. But do I have a shot at all? Please advise.

Thanks in advance

Would recommend taking the GMAT once again. I understand its a painful process, but if the GMAT becomes the roadblock in your journey to ISB, then its something you should definitely consider rectifying.

If time looks like a constraint given R1 is in two months time, you can apply in R2 - it does not hamper your chances of admission. On the other hand, applying with a sub standard score in R1 will cause more damage.

Namita Garg,
http://www.mbadecoder.com
+91 9901566772

Contact us at: contact@mbadecoder.com

Ask for a FREE profile evaluation HERE

Featured among the top 25 Women CEOs in India, in the CEO Magazine

Kudos [?]: 151 [0], given: 51

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 43

Concentration: Technology, Other
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.4
WE: Information Technology (Consulting)

Show Tags

New post 11 Aug 2016, 08:50
This post was
BOOKMARKED

Last edited by slug on 06 Nov 2016, 08:22, edited 1 time in total.

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 20

GMAT 1: 600 Q60 V60
GPA: 4

Show Tags

New post 11 Aug 2016, 11:06
Dear Experts,

Requesting Evaluation of my profile:

Score Card:
GMAT Score: Appearing for exam on 17th Aug; Will not cross even 650 (as per mock results :( :( :(), unable to pick up in VA
10th and 12th: 70% (KV School)
BE: 78% (Electronics, RGPV, Bhopal)

Profile Background:
Total Work Ex: 5.5 years (Developer: 2 yrs, Sr. Developer: 1 yr --> then moved to core-HR role via internal job movement, Associate Lead: 1 yr and Sr. Associate Lead: 1 yr.) with a leading IT MNC
* Strong Extra-Curricular since schools days, continued the same in BE, and then in professional circle.
* Joined the org. as a BE fresher, and moved to HR role based on strong profile, including several leadership and engagement initiatives, exceptionally within 3 yrs.
* Consecutive Promotions in last 2 years.
* Few Awards/Certificate of Appreciations to add.
* NO International assignments.

Currently leading the Fresher's recruitment track for entire North India region, and brand face of the Org. for all premier E-Schools.
* Recruitment Budgeting, Planning and Strategy for around 4K-5K Hires every year.
* Engagement and branding activities for students at all leading E-schools across North India, and Relationship-Building with PR Officials at these institutes.
* Few more initiatives on the lines of Leadership, Employee-Engagement and Org-Branding.
* Active in Art (Sketching and Painting) and CSR related activities at multiple fronts.

I understand that the score of 600-650 is very low, but heard that its weightage is only 20-30%. :arrow: Please correct and guide me here !
Looking only for ISB - R1, as will be occupied in hiring related travel for next 3-4 months and thus no chances of any re-take. Will apply (with relatively improved score) for next year in other case :oops: .

Will post the actual score on 17th evening, on basis of which will also request suggestions on few great pointers (free/paid), which can help me in my essays.

Many Thanks in Advance.

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 20

Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
Admission Consultant
G

Kudos [?]: 151 [1], given: 51

Show Tags

New post 11 Aug 2016, 11:31
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
slug wrote:
Hi,

Kindly evaluate my profile.

GMAT : 730 (Q50, V40)

I want to make a career in Product management or operational analysis. TBH, I am still working on my SOP, and therefore contemplating applying in R2, after attaining a proper clarity and purpose :)
I am also going to retake the GMAT in a couple of weeks (after the 15 days cool-off), I find my score a tad underwhelming, and am hoping to get a 750+. Considering that I belong to the typical Indian IT pool, I feel a 750+ is needed to leverage my chances at ISB, and elsewhere. Am I right in thinking so ?

I would greatly appreciate an evaluation and any suggestions.

If you are just applying to ISB, reatking GMAT is a BAD idea and a waste of your time. You may as well spend that time saved on your essay writing and submit a great application.

Your have proved your test taking mettle by scoring 730. You don't need to prove anything more to the adcom on this front.

If however, you are applying to US colleges, then a higher GMAT score can help you aim at higher ranked colleges. But even then the rest of your application would still be important.

Secondly, I think you are well in time to apply in R1. You don't need 2+ months to think through your career goals. And if you just can't make any headway, we can help you out. :wink:

Namita Garg,
+91 9901566772

Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
Admission Consultant
G

Show Tags

New post 11 Aug 2016, 11:41
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
Gaurav9588 wrote:
Dear Experts,

I understand that the score of 600-650 is very low, but heard that its weightage is only 20-30%. :arrow: Please correct and guide me here !
Looking only for ISB - R1, as will be occupied in hiring related travel for next 3-4 months and thus no chances of any re-take. Will apply (with relatively improved score) for next year in other case :oops: .

Will post the actual score on 17th evening, on basis of which will also request suggestions on few great pointers (free/paid), which can help me in my essays.

Many Thanks in Advance.

Gaurav,

I am not aware of any percentage weightage given to the GMAT score, and I would discard that view as rumor. ISb does not make any such info public.

Now you may find my response opposite to what I told our friend Slug, but you guys have different situations, so please bear with it. A 600-650 score would be substandard. Try to increase it to 680-700, even if you have to apply in R2. There is no difference between the two rounds - luckily ISB has a huge class size, so you'll still have a lot of spots open.

Few people do get in with a GMAT score close to 650, but you've got to be outstanding in someway to be among those few.

Also, I think its better to put your best effort this year because a ding is never too easy!

Namita Garg,
+91 9901566772

Intern
Intern
B

Concentration: Technology, Other
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.4
WE: Information Technology (Consulting)

Show Tags

New post 11 Aug 2016, 22:16

Last edited by slug on 06 Nov 2016, 08:21, edited 1 time in total.

Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
Admission Consultant
G

Show Tags

New post 11 Aug 2016, 22:34
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
slug wrote:
Thank you very much for responding. About the retake- yes I may apply to US B Schools, and maybe INSEAD and NUS, so I think an additional 30-40 points would help in securing an admit, and maybe for scholarships. As I said, I am still mulling over my options .. I would definitely reach out to you soon :)
BTW I could not make out from your response whether my overall profile is competitive for ISB, please shed some light on this ..

Hi Slug,

No suspense there, yes! you are competitive for ISB, provided you submit a competitive application (and this goes for all applicants, not just you). Your substantial WE in known companies, and your international experiences will make good stories. Product management is a logical career goal. Operational analytics sounds just too niche, and its never a great idea to be very narrow in your career goals.

Namita Garg,
+91 9901566772

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 10 [1], given: 2

GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V34
GMAT 2: 730 Q50 V39

Show Tags

New post 11 Aug 2016, 23:23
This post received
KUDOS
slug wrote:
Hi,

10th : 92%
12th : 82%
B.Tech (CSE): 68%

5 years of experience, working as a software developer (senior and lead positions).
I worked at Amdocs for 4 years, as a product developer, in a dynamic cross-cultural environment. I have about 8 months of international work experience - working at Chile for a duration of 3 months, twice, and at Canada for 2 months. This mainly involved business meetings with clients for requirement gathering, solution proposal, and supporting ongoing production rollouts.
I had received several awards and accolades during my tenure, and had taken initiatives to develop products, projects and practices outside of my immediate project purview.

I worked with hCentive (a healthcare product org) for about 6 months and received a Monthly Spotlight award during my second month there.

Presently working with Sapient as a Senior software developer, since the past 4 months or so .

Extra curricular: Not much to show for, but I have participated in cultural events at School and College level, mainly dramatics. Played in college basketball team. I write poetry and have been associated with editorial boards at school, college and previous company (Amdocs)

I want to make a career in Product management or operational analysis. TBH, I am still working on my SOP, and therefore contemplating applying in R2, after attaining a proper clarity and purpose :)
I am also going to retake the GMAT in a couple of weeks (after the 15 days cool-off), I find my score a tad underwhelming, and am hoping to get a 750+. Considering that I belong to the typical Indian IT pool, I feel a 750+ is needed to leverage my chances at ISB, and elsewhere. Am I right in thinking so ?

If I were you, I'd probably not waste time to improve GMAT score but rather use those couple of months doing something unique to add to my profile. 730 is a good score and although I am sure you'll improve on it, keep in my mind that there are some factors out of your control on test day..I wouldn't want to risk not improving my score in the retake. GMAT won't be a factor to distinguish your profile from rest of IT candidates as you'll always find competition in all ranges of GMAT from IT candidates. Hope my 2 cents help.

PS - I am from IT too.

Kudos [?]: 10 [1], given: 2

Top Contributor
VP
VP
S

Kudos [?]: 642 [0], given: 20

GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V48
GRE 1: 1540 Q800 V740

Show Tags

New post 12 Aug 2016, 05:02
Top Contributor
Gaurav9588 wrote:
Dear Experts,

Score Card:
GMAT Score: Appearing for exam on 17th Aug; Will not cross even 650 (as per mock results :( :( :(), unable to pick up in VA
10th and 12th: 70% (KV School)
BE: 78% (Electronics, RGPV, Bhopal)

Profile Background:
Total Work Ex: 5.5 years (Developer: 2 yrs, Sr. Developer: 1 yr --> then moved to core-HR role via internal job movement, Associate Lead: 1 yr and Sr. Associate Lead: 1 yr.) with a leading IT MNC
* Strong Extra-Curricular since schools days, continued the same in BE, and then in professional circle.
* Joined the org. as a BE fresher, and moved to HR role based on strong profile, including several leadership and engagement initiatives, exceptionally within 3 yrs.
* Consecutive Promotions in last 2 years.
* Few Awards/Certificate of Appreciations to add.
* NO International assignments.

Currently leading the Fresher's recruitment track for entire North India region, and brand face of the Org. for all premier E-Schools.
* Recruitment Budgeting, Planning and Strategy for around 4K-5K Hires every year.
* Engagement and branding activities for students at all leading E-schools across North India, and Relationship-Building with PR Officials at these institutes.
* Few more initiatives on the lines of Leadership, Employee-Engagement and Org-Branding.
* Active in Art (Sketching and Painting) and CSR related activities at multiple fronts.

Many Thanks in Advance.

Hi Gaurav

Please consider the following as you go about this:

- A 650 (or below) GMAT will not be enough. You should try and increase it to 680+. We did have a few clients last year making it with lower scores (see here and here) but would strongly urge you to go beyond the 680 barrier (if not above 700) to give yourself stronger chances
- If your post-MBA goals too are in HR, please note that ISB has very few courses, and no major, focusing on HR. Therefore, you will need to build your story carefully in terms of how ISB fits in with your plans.
- In case you are not able to achieve the target score on Aug 17, you can wait and give it another shot. A round 2 application with a stronger score will be better than a round 1 application with a weaker one.

That said, some of the work you are doing in terms of recruitments looks really good. Keep working hard on your GMAT, and don't give up till you get your target score.

GyanOne | Top MBA Rankings and MBA Admissions Blog

Top MBA Admissions Consulting | Top MiM Admissions Consulting

Premium MBA Essay Review|Best MBA Interview Preparation|Exclusive GMAT coaching

Get a FREE Detailed MBA Profile Evaluation | Call us now +91 98998 31738

Top Contributor
1 KUDOS received
VP
VP
S

Kudos [?]: 642 [1], given: 20

Show Tags

New post 12 Aug 2016, 05:07
This post received
KUDOS
Top Contributor
slug wrote:
Hi,

10th : 92%
12th : 82%
B.Tech (CSE): 68%

5 years of experience, working as a software developer (senior and lead positions).
I worked at Amdocs for 4 years, as a product developer, in a dynamic cross-cultural environment. I have about 8 months of international work experience - working at Chile for a duration of 3 months, twice, and at Canada for 2 months. This mainly involved business meetings with clients for requirement gathering, solution proposal, and supporting ongoing production rollouts.
I had received several awards and accolades during my tenure, and had taken initiatives to develop products, projects and practices outside of my immediate project purview.

I worked with hCentive (a healthcare product org) for about 6 months and received a Monthly Spotlight award during my second month there.

Presently working with Sapient as a Senior software developer, since the past 4 months or so .

Extra curricular: Not much to show for, but I have participated in cultural events at School and College level, mainly dramatics. Played in college basketball team. I write poetry and have been associated with editorial boards at school, college and previous company (Amdocs)

Hi slug,

A few things to consider on your plans and profile:

- Your overall professional profile is excellent, and really this will be your application to spoil if you don't get in. Your chances are really good.
- Be clear about your goals. Product management and operations analysis (if it non-IT) are quite some distance apart, so gaining that clarity is important. Do your research before you apply, but in our opinion you have enough time to make it to Round 1.
- We dont think you need to retake the GMAT for ISB. If applying to other schools ranked higher globally, you might consider doing that. While you are right in saying that the IT pool is competitive, a 730 is good enough to differentiate you by way of your GMAT score there. Your effort is better spent focusing on creating a solid app now.

Top Contributor
VP
VP
S

Show Tags

New post 12 Aug 2016, 05:11
Top Contributor
nishantverma91 wrote:
Can somebody please evaluate my profile. I am targeting ISB (2017 intake) and about to appear for GMAT this month.

X - 91.3%
XII - 85.0%

Integrated Dual Degree (B.Tech+M.Tech) in Mechanical Engineering from IIT(BHU), Varanasi.
CGPA - 7.57

Workex by March'17 - 30 Months.

Have worked in a Japanese automobile R&D for 14 months with a Product Planning profile. Role involved mainly Automobile Market Research.
From the last 8 months, working as a Business Analyst for an E-commerce firm.

What should be an acceptable range for my GMAT score to get a call from ISB?

Thanks in advance!

Looks good broadly Nishant. Even a 680+ should be good enough (with a strong app) to get you there, though aim for a 700+ (and as high as possible). You should have more than decent shot at ISB if you can achieve that score.

Top Contributor
VP
VP
S

Show Tags

New post 12 Aug 2016, 05:14
Top Contributor
lnreddy wrote:
Hi guys,

I am an ISB 2017-18 aspirant . While I would like to go to one of the top 25 MBA programs in the US, I realize that it may be a long shot.
Request you to evaluate my profile. TIA

- 25 yr old Male

10th - 91 %

12th- 93%

BE - Electronics , Manipal Institute of Technology, CGPA - 7.71

Work Ex:

1 yr Software Developer at TCS
2 yrs Software Developer at a services startup ( 1st employee ,Played a leadership role setting the culture of the company and inducting new hires etc)
1 yr - Food delivery startup (sold/closed it a few weeks ago for a nominal sum - not really a profit)

No worthy extracurrics to speak of . Would you suggest I do something in the next 2 months ?

GMAT - 760

Would you suggest I apply to any of the top 25 programs in the US ?

Hi lnreddy

- While your GMAT score is excellent and opens up avenues for the US top 25, you should still focus on answering the question around what your possible career goals are very well. The food delivery startup story could be an asset or a liability depending on how you handle that question.
- 2 months may not really be enough to really build an ECA profile, but do try to get some non-profit experience, and try and organize some social events to the extent possible.
- Also, importantly, if you are currently not unemployed, please try and get back into a job. Applying from a position of non-employment (in your case it really is non-employment rather than unemployment) can be a negative for top school apps.

Hope this helps. Feel free to come back with more questions as needed.

Top Contributor
VP
VP
S

Show Tags

New post 12 Aug 2016, 05:18
Top Contributor
Parnika wrote:
Hi,
Please evaluate my profile -
GMAT - Q50 V32 (690)
Work ex. - 2 years of work ex. (by nov 2016) in Mu sigma in pharma and banking domain. Was awarded for exemplary work in a project and for helping out a new team
Will be promoted as Decision Scientist this year
Graduation - B.E. computer science from Medi-caps institute of technology and management, RGPV university
CGPA -7.45
12th - 86%
10th- 88.6%

Extracurricular -
Founder and Vice captain of girls Kho-Kho team in college in year 2012
Organized ROBOTICS competition “Nexus World Challenge” by IIT Bombay held in M.I.T.M in 2012
Hosted dace events in college fest

Achievements
Secured 2nd position in Kho-Kho inter college nodal and got selected for state team representing R.G.P.V University in year 2012
National Kho-Kho player- represented Madhya Pradesh and Chhattisgarh for consecutive 3 years (2005-08) held by C.B.S.E, New Delhi.
Zone toppers and Inter School winners for consecutive 3 years (2005-08) held by Sahodaya group of C.B.S.E schools

Questions -
I am targeting following schools -ISB, NUS, Nantyang technical university with ISB as my first preference. Should I re-write the GMAT?
How tough it will be to get through ISB at this profile?
If I plan to re-write within a month do I have sufficient time to apply in Round 1 ?

Hi Parnika

- ISB should be a good shot with your profile and even with a 690 GMAT (no need to retake really). Build a strong app. Go for it!
- Nanyang may work, but for NUS, a 690 will not be sufficient. In case you are enthusiastic about NUS, raise this to 720+. In case interested, do also look at the MSc in Analytics in NUS. That is a great program too and aligns with your experience.
- You have enough time to do an ISB Round 1 app.

Hope this helps. Feel free to come back with more questions as needed.

Top Contributor
1 KUDOS received
VP
VP
S

Show Tags

New post 12 Aug 2016, 05:20
This post received
KUDOS
Top Contributor
ksrikanthchetty wrote:
Hi ,

Request you to review my profile and let me know the colleges i can aim for in India/abroad for 2017 batch and GMAT score needed for same:

Education:
10th: 75.4% (ICSE)
12th: 77.4% (ISCE)
Graduation: 70.35% ,Btech Computer science (Degree from JNTU Hyderbad)

Work Ex:

Will be completing 6 years of IT work-ex on September 4 2016. Working in a Indian Major IT Mnc.
Have 1 year of onsite work experience, and was single point of contact for my technology team.

extra curricular:

State level basketball player( schools state and under 18)
Participated in many athletic events at inter school.
Basketball team captain in school/college and represent my current employers team in Delhi-NCR area.
Member of student committee in college.

Also,can you suggest by when should i be over with my GMAT exam so that i have decent chance of converting a call to colleges.

Thanks
Srikanth

Hi Srikanth

- The IT pool is always quite competitive, so would suggest that you look at a 700+ GMAT. That may be a bit more than what could get you through ISB, but it will be very helpful in terms of applying to schools abroad.
- Your ECA and your overall work experience otherwise seem quite good. Focus on the leadership and growth part of your career profile when you build your apps. As of now, focusing on the GMAT is the best thing to do.

Hope this helps. Feel free to come back with more queries as needed.

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 15 [0], given: 31

Concentration: Operations, General Management
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V37
WE: Analyst (Computer Software)
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 13 Aug 2016, 01:03
Hi Guys.

Good Day.

I completed my GMAT exam yesterday (11th Aug 2016) and scored a 720 (Q50 V37).
I request you to review my profile and let me know what all colleges should I approach and do I stand a chance at ISB.

Here's my profile :

GMAT 720
10th 84%
12th 77%
B.tech(Computer Science) 7.5

Work exp: Will complete 5 years next month in IT industry as well as in TCS. I have 1.5 years of onsite exp of working as an IT Consultant in Johannesburg.
In these 5 years I started as a team member, then became the module lead at 1.5 years (team of 4) ,
then went to onsite at 2.5 years acting as IT consultant and leading the small team of 3,
and then I came back to India in Feb 2016 and since I am leading a team of nearly 30 associates.

Extra Curri: I have won few Inter College national level cultural events in my college.
Apart from that I love music and movies and I have done a lot adventure activities such as
Scuba diving, Bunjee Jumping, etc (not sure if it helps).

please let me know if I stand a chance and what should I improve in this one or two month period.

Kudos [?]: 15 [0], given: 31

Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!   [#permalink] 13 Aug 2016, 01:03

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  9   10   11   12   13   14   15  ...  64    Next  [ 1279 posts ] 

ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap