GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 12 Dec 2018, 02:00

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in December
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
2526272829301
2345678
9101112131415
16171819202122
23242526272829
303112345
Open Detailed Calendar

ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!

  new topic post reply Update application status  
Author Message
Manager
Manager
User avatar
B
Joined: 03 Aug 2015
Posts: 124
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Sep 2018, 07:58
tito411990 wrote:
Hello ,

28 years old Indian IT male here :cry: :cry: :cry:

GMAT - 760 ( Q49 , V44 , IR 7 , AWA 5.5 )
Work ex - 7 years with Infosys, 2 years ( presently working ) work ex in USA
Academics : B. Tech in Computer science and engineering ( CGPA 8.5/10 ) , Class 10 and 12 ( over 85% : State Board )

Looking to move into consulting .

Hi tito411990, how does consulting align with your academic and professional experience so far? What kind of consulting do you have in mind? Why do you think you are a good fit for consulting? Right now, this looks completely out of place.
_________________

http://www.ISBeacon.com

For ISB Aspirants, by ISB Alums

Free First essay
Free Profile Evaluation
Free ISB Essays Best Practices Document


ISBeacon: Your Beacon to ISB

Admission Consultant
User avatar
B
Joined: 21 Oct 2013
Posts: 86
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Sep 2018, 22:52
tito411990 wrote:
Hello ,

28 years old Indian IT male here :cry: :cry: :cry:

GMAT - 760 ( Q49 , V44 , IR 7 , AWA 5.5 )
Work ex - 7 years with Infosys, 2 years ( presently working ) work ex in USA
Academics : B. Tech in Computer science and engineering ( CGPA 8.5/10 ) , Class 10 and 12 ( over 85% : State Board )

Looking to move into consulting .

decent extracurricular : part of Infosys CSR wing , environment clubs , sports clubs , quiz clubs etc . Avid traveler , visited 16 countries and all 29 states of India .

Chances at ISB ??? Please let me know ??? should i apply ?? I am currently in USA for past 2 years , ready to move back to India :grin:



Hi! You have done well to score a 760 on the GMAT. The key now is to present strong leadership potential (given your high experience) and your motivation to move back to India. Overall, with a strong application, there is no reason you shouldn't receive an interview invite.

All the Best!
ISBmantra / Admit Square Consulting
www.isbmantra.com | www.admitsquare.com
_________________

[The only company with former ISB Admissions Officials on Board]
http://www.isbmantra.com | info@isbmantra.com | Tollfree: 1800-3070-3111

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 21 Sep 2018
Posts: 1
ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 22 Sep 2018, 11:07
Hi, thank you for taking the time. Looking forward to your responses.

23 years old. Indian citizen. Male
Born & raised in Hyderabad. Visited ISB campus in Hyderabad multiple times. Hope to use these to my advantage for ISB

Work Exp:
1 year (currently employed) - Real Estate & Construction company. Promoted within 9 months. Work in commercial land development and sales (Location - India, with client meetings in Dubai & USA)
14 months- Structured Finance. My focus was on construction material & coal (Location - India)
3 months - graduate internship in Investment Banking Advisory (M&A) in the Energy & Infrastructure team (Location - India)
2 real estate internships (both in the residential sector) during university summer vacations

Academics:
2013 - 2016: B.Eng. (with Honors) Aerospace Engineering from a tier-1 London university (think UCL, Queen Mary, Imperial, King's etc.). CGPA - 2:2≈ 2.5-3.0. Won scholarships. Convinced my supervisor to allow me to write my dissertation on Corporate Growth Strategy (1st class grade)
Online courses in Finance, Real Estate, & Strategy from top-universities (Wharton, HEC Paris, Yale etc.)
11th & 12th - 87%
10th - 84%

Extra-curriculars:
- Boxing (won competitions), Submissions Wrestling, Power lifting, Cooking, Painting, Poetry, Travel (30+ countries since 2013)
- After graduating: Volunteer work at an NGO
- During bachelors: management roles in the university's real estate & economics societies, represented university in boxing, volunteered at an NGO
- During school: taught English at a local government school

GRE:
preparing (target - 320 minimum)

Career Goals:
Short term - Management Consulting in Real Estate & Infrastructure group in one of the MBB firms. To create a stronger network, & develop valuation skills
Long term - Build a real estate conglomerate focused on commercial development, with assets in all the major developing economies (another big reason for targeting ISB)

(all information is as of Sep 2018)

Originally posted by maharaj15 on 21 Sep 2018, 09:07.
Last edited by maharaj15 on 22 Sep 2018, 11:07, edited 2 times in total.
Admission Consultant
User avatar
P
Joined: 16 Jan 2012
Posts: 1467
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Sep 2018, 07:05
maharaj15 wrote:
Hi, thank you for taking the time. Looking forward to your responses.

23 years old. Indian citizen. Male
Born & raised in Hyderabad. Visited ISB campus in Hyderabad multiple times. Hope to use these to my advantage for ISB

Work Exp:
1 year (currently employed) - Real Estate & Construction company. Promoted within 9 months. Work in commercial land development and sales (Location - India, with client meetings in Dubai & USA)
14 months- Structured Finance. My focus was on construction material & coal (Location - India)
3 months - graduate internship in Investment Banking Advisory (M&A) in the Energy & Infrastructure team (Location - India)
2 real estate internships (both in the residential sector) during university summer vacations

Academics:
2013 - 2016: B.Eng. (with Honors) Aerospace Engineering from a tier-1 London university (think UCL, Queen Mary, Imperial, King's etc.). CGPA - 2:2≈ 2.5-3.0. Won scholarships. Convinced my supervisor to allow me to write my dissertation on Corporate Growth Strategy (1st class grade)
Online courses in Finance, Real Estate, & Strategy from top-universities (Wharton, HEC Paris, Yale etc.)
11th & 12th - 87%
10th - 84%

Extra-curriculars:
- Boxing (won competitions), Submissions Wrestling, Power lifting, Cooking, Painting, Poetry, Travel (30+ countries since 2013)
- After graduating: Volunteer work at an NGO
- During bachelors: management roles in the university's real estate & economics societies, represented university in boxing, volunteered at an NGO
- During school: taught English at a local government school

GRE:
preparing (target - 320 minimum)

Career Goals:
Short term - Management Consulting in Real Estate & Infrastructure group in one of the MBB firms. To create a stronger network, & develop valuation skills
Long term - Build a real estate conglomerate focused on commercial development, with assets in all the major developing economies (another big reason for targeting ISB)

(all information is as of Sep 2018)


Hi Maharaj ji,
1. Short term goals in MBB - real estate and infra seems like a long shot. If you are planning to apply this year, you hardly have much experience in this field to justify the goal. Moreover, MBBs will hire you for a generalist position and it will take you a while to get absorbed by a vertical.
2. long term goal- a real estate conglomerate is a capital intensive business. You could ofcourse have the capital to start this, but just something that I am pointing out for you to evaluate the feasibility. Also, don't see much of a connection between the short and the long term goals.
_________________

Namita Garg,
http://www.mbadecoder.com
Contact us at: contact@mbadecoder.com

Our new book on AMAZON Kindle: THE MOST DEFINITIVE GUIDE FOR MBA INTERVIEW PREPARATION

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 18 Mar 2017
Posts: 5
Location: India
Schools: ISB '20
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 4
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Sep 2018, 06:12
1
Hi All,

Please review my profile for ISB:

Academic Background:
1. Bachelor of Technology in IT from VIT university Vellore - 9.03/10 cgpa and among top 20 in batch
2. Class XII - 91%
3. Class X - 87%

GMAT Score - 720

Work Experience - Senior Business Analyst at Ford Motor Company (IT)- 5 years 3 months
1. Responsible for end to end delivery of product
2. Led a team of 8 members
3. Travelled to USA for business works - short trips
4. Organised various events in Ford and get recognised from Senior management for the same.
5. Organised Corporate Social initiatives events by working with different NGOs


6 months social service work experience with one NGO in Delhi

Hobbies - Paintings and food blogging

Please evaluate my profile and provide your inputs.

Thank you all for your help and support
Intern
Intern
User avatar
B
Joined: 30 Aug 2018
Posts: 39
Location: India
Schools: ISB '20 (A)
GPA: 3.99
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Sep 2018, 19:44
Pls include your short term and long term goals as well and why you need an MBA at this point.

Posted from my mobile device
Director
Director
User avatar
G
Status: MBA Admissions Coach
Affiliations: one MBA coach
Joined: 18 Apr 2018
Posts: 620
Location: India
Schools: HBS, INSEAD, HEC, ISB, Rotman, IIMA , IIM, EDHEC
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.75
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Sep 2018, 00:25
Hello ksapna

While the outline of your profile is good (i.e. GMAT, past grades, Brand on the CV), vital 'qualitative' details are missing and these are what will actually get you an admission.
These are your career progress, achievements at work, impact in extracurricular activities, and most importantly clear career goals. You may read here to know what factors to highlight in your written application and here on career goals.

Best
Varun Sharma
+919137133507
MBAkarma.com
GMAT Score Predictor
info@mbakarma.com


ksapna wrote:
Hi All,

Please review my profile for ISB:

Academic Background:
1. Bachelor of Technology in IT from VIT university Vellore - 9.03/10 cgpa and among top 20 in batch
2. Class XII - 91%
3. Class X - 87%

GMAT Score - 720

Work Experience - Senior Business Analyst at Ford Motor Company (IT)- 5 years 3 months
1. Responsible for end to end delivery of product
2. Led a team of 8 members
3. Travelled to USA for business works - short trips
4. Organised various events in Ford and get recognised from Senior management for the same.
5. Organised Corporate Social initiatives events by working with different NGOs


6 months social service work experience with one NGO in Delhi

Hobbies - Paintings and food blogging

Please evaluate my profile and provide your inputs.

Thank you all for your help and support

_________________

Varun Sharma
MBAkarma.com
info (at) MBAkarma (dot) com

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 27 Jul 2016
Posts: 9
Location: India
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
GMAT 1: 580 Q45 V28
WE: Engineering (Manufacturing)
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Sep 2018, 02:03
BruceWayneBatman wrote:
akhigandhi wrote:
Dear all,
Please help me gauge my chances of selection at ISB 2016 round of admissions.

Personal profile : Dr. Akhilesh Gandhi, 26 years, male, Indian

Academic backround :
10th from CBSE, India : 85%
12th from Maharashtra State board in PCB : 76%
MBBS from Indira Gandhi Government Medical college, Nagpur : from 2007 to 2013
MBBS average Percentage : 64%(1840/2850 marks)
GMAT : Total score : 680 (Q48 V35 AWA 4.5 and IR 3)
Passed UK professional exam PLAB part 1 and 2 in first attempt

Professional background:
Internship : 12 months : Feb. 2012 to March 2013 in JJ Government hospital and Cama Hospital, Mumbai
Resident medical officer of Oncosurgery: 10 months; from Apr. 2013 to Feb 2014, Central India Cancer Research Institute, Nagpur
Clinical Trust Fellow in Trauma and Orthopedic surgery in London deanery NHS Hospital : 16 months (Current Job)
Resident medical Officer in Ramsay group of hospitals, UK : 4 months
Currently living and working in UK

Total Work experience: 30 months (as on march 2016)

Extra- Curriculars:
Chess: 2 time National chess championship qualifier and one time National bronze medallist in under 19 category. University level gold medallist.
Athletics : state level athlete in 800m 1500m and 4x400m relay.
Social service: Worked in NACO's AIDS awareness campaigns, Worked with Rotary's drive for Leprosy care, Organized Cataract surgical camps in rural parts.
Research work: Got student research paper in field of microbiology selected and awarded at national level by Indian Council of Medical Research(ICMR)

Future plan post MBA: Want to build a start-up to provide healthcare services for patients with TB and other Chronic ilnesses like Diabetes etc.


Please help me understand my strengths and weaknesses for the application and odds for selection.



bhai ho jaygea.......tension mat le.... u are a mbbs doctor man u r diversity for them i think u'll definitely get an interview call with ur strong acads and extra curricular.... i am indian IT male with 720.... hamara bhi kisi college me karva do....
Feels!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 27 Jul 2016
Posts: 9
Location: India
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
GMAT 1: 580 Q45 V28
WE: Engineering (Manufacturing)
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Sep 2018, 02:18
1
Hello
Profile evaluation needed please
Chemical Engineer from Pune University currently working with Reliance Industries Limited
X-91 %
XII-89 %
Graduation - 66 %
I graduated as a chemical engineer from Bharti Vidyapeeth University, Pune. 6 months In I started working in one of the oldest and prestigious Fertiliser Plant owned by Jaypee Group, in ammonia manufacturing.
I started out as GET and rose my way up to Shift manager. My profile was of operation control, i mostly worked in a highly advanced control room, Work usually involed and later grew to process control, coordinating various teams for successful startup and shutdown of plants, planning work permits, manpower allocation,

After my stint at Jaypee fertilizers, i have recently Joined reliance, jamnagar supersite, in commissioning of the world's largest Gasification system. I am working here as Manager, operations. In a jist manpower management, job allocation, Job planning and Execution, Resource mobilization are a few things in my KRA.

Apart from this during my college years the was director, media relations in the leo club(a social club affiliated to Lions International) , which mainly involved us in visits to underprivileged children (education program), eye checkup Camps, visits to old age homes, deaf and mute schools, handicapped homes, member of organizing team of Maharashtra's biggest basketball event fireball for 4 years.
Apart from that i once volunteered in teaching underprivileged kids while i was at home after graduation looking for a job.
I like to photograph and have acquired a decent portfolio, although not a professional, i am a member of Reliance Greens Photography club.

In my previous Gmat attempt I could Only score 580 (q45 v28)
4.5 years of experience in Technical operations and administration. I want to now expand my career into general management, strategic planning in techno commercial business.
1. What Do i need to put in more to my profile?
2. Where do i stand currently given the demographic.?


Thanks in advance
Umang


Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Admission Consultant
User avatar
P
Joined: 16 Jan 2012
Posts: 1467
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Sep 2018, 04:07
youmanjee wrote:
Hello
Profile evaluation needed please
Chemical Engineer from Pune University currently working with Reliance Industries Limited
X-91 %
XII-89 %
Graduation - 66 %
I graduated as a chemical engineer from Bharti Vidyapeeth University, Pune. 6 months In I started working in one of the oldest and prestigious Fertiliser Plant owned by Jaypee Group, in ammonia manufacturing.
I started out as GET and rose my way up to Shift manager. My profile was of operation control, i mostly worked in a highly advanced control room, Work usually involed and later grew to process control, coordinating various teams for successful startup and shutdown of plants, planning work permits, manpower allocation,

After my stint at Jaypee fertilizers, i have recently Joined reliance, jamnagar supersite, in commissioning of the world's largest Gasification system. I am working here as Manager, operations. In a jist manpower management, job allocation, Job planning and Execution, Resource mobilization are a few things in my KRA.

Apart from this during my college years the was director, media relations in the leo club(a social club affiliated to Lions International) , which mainly involved us in visits to underprivileged children (education program), eye checkup Camps, visits to old age homes, deaf and mute schools, handicapped homes, member of organizing team of Maharashtra's biggest basketball event fireball for 4 years.
Apart from that i once volunteered in teaching underprivileged kids while i was at home after graduation looking for a job.
I like to photograph and have acquired a decent portfolio, although not a professional, i am a member of Reliance Greens Photography club.

In my previous Gmat attempt I could Only score 580 (q45 v28)
4.5 years of experience in Technical operations and administration. I want to now expand my career into general management, strategic planning in techno commercial business.
1. What Do i need to put in more to my profile?
2. Where do i stand currently given the demographic.?


Thanks in advance
Umang


Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app



HI Umang,

Your profile looks good overall.
Your application should focus upon leadership examples as well as your learnings over the past years. Your goals, ofcourse will need further refining and more precision. A well crafted application, with these in mind will help to differentiate you from your direct competition. And yes, there are applicants with experience similar to yours.

In terms of your profile enhancement before ISB's 15th December deadline, it will be your GMAT score- bring that up to a 710+.
_________________

Namita Garg,
http://www.mbadecoder.com
Contact us at: contact@mbadecoder.com

Our new book on AMAZON Kindle: THE MOST DEFINITIVE GUIDE FOR MBA INTERVIEW PREPARATION

Experts' Global Representative
User avatar
G
Joined: 07 Jul 2017
Posts: 459
ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Sep 2018, 22:06
raghavshekhar wrote:
Hi,

Planning to apply for Round 2. Haven't given mock yet, aiming for 700-720.

Age: 26 years
10th CBSE - 76 %
12th CBSE - 75.2 %

SRM University (B.tech - IT) - 7.34 GPA

Work Experience: 5+ years

1. Tata Consultancy Service (2.5 years)

- Development, Maintenance and Support on JAVA for an aviation client.
- Data Extraction using SQL/Postgres for monthly reporting on metrics.
- Managing learning and development of two trainees.
- Group Representative of 50 employees during training.
- Highest appraisal rating and Star of Performers group.
- JAVA & C certified. Trained in Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing.

2. Lawyered (2.5 years)

- Co-founded in 2015 after leaving TCS, Legal marketplace for startups and businesses.
- Got acquired by India Accelerator in April 2018.
- Worked on all aspects of business.
- Managed team of 10 directly under me.
- Notable metrics achieved multiple domains of Marketing and business development.
- Currently on Board of Advisors.

3. India Accelerator & Lawyered (6 months)

- Part time consultant on Fundraising, Technology and Marketing.

Co-Curricular:

- During College, founded an NGO (unregistered) which operated for 2 years. Managed team of 20 volunteers. Lots of newspaper mentions in newspaper coverage of activities.
- Started an online merchandise business which gave 20x return.
- Competitive gamer.

Haven't taken GMAT yet,

Scored a 640 in both GMAT Prep 1 and 690 in GMAT Prep 2.


Hi raghavshekhar,

Apologies for the delayed response but we hope this finds you in time still.

With you entrepreneurial experience, you definitely have a slightly differentiated profile. However, your chances would depend largely on how you present your differentiated experience as well as your career goals in your essays. Of course, it almost goes without saying that a score upwards of 720 is something you should really look at targetting.

We suggest you view the videos below to gain a better sense of how you may approach you ISB essays :)



All the best!
_________________

Akanksha Baldawa
Experts' Global
Students from 20+ nationalities
Every 10th Indian in US top 50 is our student!
$ 2Mn+ Scholarship Each Year Since 2010!
GMAT Preparation Online | 15 GMAT Practice Tests
MBA Admissions Consulting | MBA Interview Preparation

Experts' Global Representative
User avatar
G
Joined: 07 Jul 2017
Posts: 459
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Sep 2018, 22:26
chetanb707070 wrote:
Evaluate my profile for ISB.
Indian Male
Aiming for GMAT score of 650-700
Age - 27
10th - 82.67
12th - 85.5
Nagpur University B.E. - 65 % (2012)
Work expericene after B.E. - One of TATA Enterprise companies - 1 year (2012-13)
Aerospace Manufacturing and Operations Engineer.
Supervising production floor operations.
Managed a team of 8-10 Junior Engineers.
Daily operations and work plan executions.
Compliance to strict Aerospace quality standards.

Higher studies Preparation One year Gap (2013-2014)

M.tech Mechanical Engineering - from one of NIT - 8.98 (2014-16)
(published paper in a national journal)

Work Experience - Oct 2016 to present ( almost 2 years)
One of the leading IT companies in India
Engineering Support services
CAD/CAE projects and support.
Engineering systems testing and Engineering data management.
Got 1 promotion and best rating last year.
Assisting in project mangement and quality improvement initiatives.

Other Activities :
Played District level KHO-KHO in school.
NCC cadet during school time.
Actively participated in the College activities.

Hobbies include - Reading, Working out, following stock market, cooking

Desire and Expectations from ISB.
I am interested in below profiles post MBA.

1.Leadership programs offered by Aditya Birla Group, Bharti Airtel, HCL, HUL and Philips etc.
2.Energy management in any of oil/gas/petroleum/power business
3.Manufacturing and operations in leading product based companies.
4.Management consultancy companies which has opportunities in above industries.

Please reply with your valuable comments.


Hi chetanb707070,

Thanks for writing in.

The diversity in work experience, managerial potential, and fine academic GPA will definitely add value to your case. However, while it is good to see that you have put in some thought into your career goals, you will need to narrow it down to a single one.

Having said the above, you definitely need to target a score upwards of 700 to have a good chance at ISB. Anything lesser than that would be under the ISB average. Needless to say, how you lay out your profile in your essays will be crucial as well. We suggest that you view the video below for a better understanding of how you could approach your essays:



Good luck! :-)
_________________

Akanksha Baldawa
Experts' Global
Students from 20+ nationalities
Every 10th Indian in US top 50 is our student!
$ 2Mn+ Scholarship Each Year Since 2010!
GMAT Preparation Online | 15 GMAT Practice Tests
MBA Admissions Consulting | MBA Interview Preparation

Experts' Global Representative
User avatar
G
Joined: 07 Jul 2017
Posts: 459
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Sep 2018, 23:28
ksapna wrote:
Hi All,

Please review my profile for ISB:

Academic Background:
1. Bachelor of Technology in IT from VIT university Vellore - 9.03/10 cgpa and among top 20 in batch
2. Class XII - 91%
3. Class X - 87%

GMAT Score - 720

Work Experience - Senior Business Analyst at Ford Motor Company (IT)- 5 years 3 months
1. Responsible for end to end delivery of product
2. Led a team of 8 members
3. Travelled to USA for business works - short trips
4. Organised various events in Ford and get recognised from Senior management for the same.
5. Organised Corporate Social initiatives events by working with different NGOs


6 months social service work experience with one NGO in Delhi

Hobbies - Paintings and food blogging

Please evaluate my profile and provide your inputs.

Thank you all for your help and support


Hi ksapna,

Considering the strong academic grades, leadership experience, and international exposure, there is a fair bit working for you. The extra-curriculars, though, not stellar, are decent. Additionally, the GMAT score looks alright as well.

A lot depends on how well you present all the information in your essays and build a case for yourself. We suggest that you view the following video in order to garner a perspective on writing ISB essays. Feel free to reach out to us in case you need a detailed conversation.



All the best! :-)
_________________

Akanksha Baldawa
Experts' Global
Students from 20+ nationalities
Every 10th Indian in US top 50 is our student!
$ 2Mn+ Scholarship Each Year Since 2010!
GMAT Preparation Online | 15 GMAT Practice Tests
MBA Admissions Consulting | MBA Interview Preparation

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 31 Jul 2018
Posts: 14
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Sep 2018, 23:51
Hi....
Please review my profile
Class X: 83%
Class XII:70%
B.TECH Civil engineering 68%
1 year work experience as Civil engineer
M.E Transportation engineering from BITS Pilani 7.0
Job after M.E
1. Highway Design Engineer at an MNC, Have led various meetings in MORTH and NHAI. Also I have conducted meetings for land acquisition process in many cities (1 year).
2. Manager and Highway Engineer at a construction firm building State Highways (6 months)
Achievement: Published a paper in the 1st Highway Capacity Manual of India during my internship at Central Road Research Institute (CRRI)
Hobbies: Quizzing, Cricket, Reading

Posted from my mobile device
Admission Consultant
User avatar
P
Joined: 16 Jan 2012
Posts: 1467
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Sep 2018, 12:24
abhinav918 wrote:
Hi....
Please review my profile
Class X: 83%
Class XII:70%
B.TECH Civil engineering 68%
1 year work experience as Civil engineer
M.E Transportation engineering from BITS Pilani 7.0
Job after M.E
1. Highway Design Engineer at an MNC, Have led various meetings in MORTH and NHAI. Also I have conducted meetings for land acquisition process in many cities (1 year).
2. Manager and Highway Engineer at a construction firm building State Highways (6 months)
Achievement: Published a paper in the 1st Highway Capacity Manual of India during my internship at Central Road Research Institute (CRRI)
Hobbies: Quizzing, Cricket, Reading

Posted from my mobile device



Hi Abhinav,

Your profile looks interesting enough. Incidentally we have helped somebody in round 1 who does the designing of similar infrastructure projects.
Regarding your profile, its a little difficult to make out - it seems you haven't yet taken the GMAT. Also you have not mentioned your achievements and impact, which help to determine the competitiveness of your profile.
Do get back with these details and we will be able to help you out better. Also mention why you want to do an MBA and your post MBA goals
_________________

Namita Garg,
http://www.mbadecoder.com
Contact us at: contact@mbadecoder.com

Our new book on AMAZON Kindle: THE MOST DEFINITIVE GUIDE FOR MBA INTERVIEW PREPARATION

Director
Director
User avatar
G
Status: MBA Admissions Coach
Affiliations: one MBA coach
Joined: 18 Apr 2018
Posts: 620
Location: India
Schools: HBS, INSEAD, HEC, ISB, Rotman, IIMA , IIM, EDHEC
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.75
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Sep 2018, 04:31
Hello abhinav918

While the stats of your profile look good, it would further help to understand an expected GMAT score (I'd recommend a 710+), career progression, business impact work, extracurricular activities and most importantly your career goals (a resounding need to attend ISB). You may want to read here on the factors to focus on in a profile evaluation and written applications and here on career goals.

Best
Varun Sharma
+919137133507
MBAkarma.com
GMAT Score Predictor
info@mbakarma.com



abhinav918 wrote:
Hi....
Please review my profile
Class X: 83%
Class XII:70%
B.TECH Civil engineering 68%
1 year work experience as Civil engineer
M.E Transportation engineering from BITS Pilani 7.0
Job after M.E
1. Highway Design Engineer at an MNC, Have led various meetings in MORTH and NHAI. Also I have conducted meetings for land acquisition process in many cities (1 year).
2. Manager and Highway Engineer at a construction firm building State Highways (6 months)
Achievement: Published a paper in the 1st Highway Capacity Manual of India during my internship at Central Road Research Institute (CRRI)
Hobbies: Quizzing, Cricket, Reading

Posted from my mobile device

_________________

Varun Sharma
MBAkarma.com
info (at) MBAkarma (dot) com

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 01 Oct 2018
Posts: 1
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Oct 2018, 09:42
Please evaluate my profile

10th 89%
12th 85%
Undergraduate (Economics Major) 63% Delhi University
Post Graduate (Economics Major) 3.2/4
Work Experience 3 years - Management Consulting
GMAT 700
Extracurricular NGO, Government Funded Projects etc

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 18 Mar 2017
Posts: 5
Location: India
Schools: ISB '20
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 4
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Oct 2018, 20:40
Thank you so much for the input, Definitely i am going to work on your input. :)




MBAkarma wrote:
Hello ksapna

While the outline of your profile is good (i.e. GMAT, past grades, Brand on the CV), vital 'qualitative' details are missing and these are what will actually get you an admission.
These are your career progress, achievements at work, impact in extracurricular activities, and most importantly clear career goals. You may read here to know what factors to highlight in your written application and here on career goals.

Best
Varun Sharma
+919137133507
MBAkarma.com
GMAT Score Predictor
info@mbakarma.com


ksapna wrote:
Hi All,

Please review my profile for ISB:

Academic Background:
1. Bachelor of Technology in IT from VIT university Vellore - 9.03/10 cgpa and among top 20 in batch
2. Class XII - 91%
3. Class X - 87%

GMAT Score - 720

Work Experience - Senior Business Analyst at Ford Motor Company (IT)- 5 years 3 months
1. Responsible for end to end delivery of product
2. Led a team of 8 members
3. Travelled to USA for business works - short trips
4. Organised various events in Ford and get recognised from Senior management for the same.
5. Organised Corporate Social initiatives events by working with different NGOs


6 months social service work experience with one NGO in Delhi

Hobbies - Paintings and food blogging

Please evaluate my profile and provide your inputs.

Thank you all for your help and support
Director
Director
User avatar
G
Status: MBA Admissions Coach
Affiliations: one MBA coach
Joined: 18 Apr 2018
Posts: 620
Location: India
Schools: HBS, INSEAD, HEC, ISB, Rotman, IIMA , IIM, EDHEC
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.75
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Oct 2018, 21:22
Hello satyamohanty793

My friend, ISB admission is not a checklist.
It follows a healthy balance of 'quantitative' (shared by you) and 'qualitative' (not shared by you) aspects.
Nature of work, career progression, achievements at work, real business impact, contribution in extracurricular activities, and most importantly- clear career goals that demand attending ISB.
With all this qualitative info missing, all one can comment on is your 'stats'- which look decent but not stellar. The pointers will have to offset these stats.
You may want to read here on what factors matter in your written application and here on career goals.

Best
Varun Sharma
+919137133507
MBAkarma.com
GMAT Score Predictor
info@mbakarma.com



satyamohanty793 wrote:
Please evaluate my profile

10th 89%
12th 85%
Undergraduate (Economics Major) 63% Delhi University
Post Graduate (Economics Major) 3.2/4
Work Experience 3 years - Management Consulting
GMAT 700
Extracurricular NGO, Government Funded Projects etc

Posted from my mobile device

_________________

Varun Sharma
MBAkarma.com
info (at) MBAkarma (dot) com

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 09 Jan 2015
Posts: 2
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Oct 2018, 21:50
Hello,

I am a graduate male engineer, having work experience of 6years in IT consulting in India.Good academics and many extra curriculars and NGO experiences.
X-94%(State)
XII-97%(State)
B.Tech-84%(State -Unty Rank)
What are my chances?And how much GMAT score should I target for an ISB call?
GMAT Club Bot
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! &nbs [#permalink] 01 Oct 2018, 21:50

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  109   110   111   112   113  ...  120    Next  [ 2388 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!

  new topic post reply Update application status  


Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.