GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 10 Dec 2018, 18:31

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in December
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
2526272829301
2345678
9101112131415
16171819202122
23242526272829
303112345
Open Detailed Calendar

ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!

  new topic post reply Update application status  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 12 Sep 2018
Posts: 40
Schools: ISB '20 (A)
Reviews Badge
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Nov 2018, 14:14
3
Bhavya1506 wrote:
Hi all,

I need feedback on my profile for ISB application. My profile is as follows:

Male (Indian) / 28 Years / GMAT Score - 680 (Q 50, V 31, IR 8, AWA 5)

Education-
M. Tech in Materials Science Engineering, IIT Bombay, 2013-15, GPA of 9.18/10.
B. Tech in Electrical & Electronics Engineering, College of Engineering Roorkee, GPA – 4 (Based on the GMAT 4.0 scale)
10th Standard - 88 %, Awarded merit based scholarship for 1 year
12th Standard - 85.6 %

Work Experience-
Scientist at Aditya Birla Science & Technology (Corporate Research & Development Centre of Aditya Birla Group), Aug 2015 - Present.
It’s a Technology Consultant role. As a part of R&D team, my role is to understand the in-depth knowledge of the aluminium production process, cater the technical challenges faced by our customer, and provide a cost-effective and energy efficient solution depending upon the customer requirements.

Awards & Achievements during my WE of 40 months (as of now):
1. Successfully implemented 2 major projects at plant site, in which each project has a benefit potential of 5-6 Cr annually.
2. Awarded with "PRIDE - The Monetary Recognition Scheme for Excellence" award for successful implementations of my plant trials at customer site.
3. Nominated for the "Emerging Professional" category in the Chairman's Award 2018 of Aditya Birla Group.
4. During my tenure as a Scientist, I have patented 1 technology as a first inventor, published 3 manuscripts in National/International conferences, and delivered technical talks during conferences/meetings.

Extra-curricular activities-
1. National level Kho-Kho player (Uttarakhand).
2. An avid Cricket player. Captain of corporate cricket team. Received best Batsman of the tournament award at ABG Annual Sports Event 2018 by Kapil Dev.
3. Student Coordinator, Zion (Annual Cultural Fest) 2012, College of Engineering Roorkee.
4. I have looked after my Dad’s business from time to time. My Dad is a super stockist/distributor of Britannia Biscuits in our city. It is sort of a supply-chain management role.

With Regards to my post MBA goals, I would like to continue in Consulting related role. MBA for me is to enter into the techno-managerial role related to Technical companies. I really need to shape my essays in a way that my achievements would compensate for my low GMAT score.

Thanks in advance for your reply.


Very decent. You stand a fine chance if you link up the dots well. Be confident, you have a strong case.

All the best!
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 12 Sep 2018
Posts: 40
Schools: ISB '20 (A)
Reviews Badge
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Nov 2018, 14:18
1
GreyPilgrim wrote:
Dear All,

Kindly review my profile.
Would having a PG degree be a boon or a bane?
Would having a gap year in order to chase a dream would come across like a boon or a bane?

Thanks and warm regards,
The Grey Pilgrim.

Planning to switch industry and role.
Indian Male 30
Class X : 90 %
Class XII : 90 %
Graduation : B.Tech Civil Engineer (2010) 80.1 %
Post Graduation : M.Tech Structural Engineering (2010-12) from IIT Kanpur with a CPI of 8.0.
2012 July- 2013 Feb : Worked as a Research Assistant at IIT Kanpur till Feb. For 6 months.
2013 March till 2014 July: Tried unsuccessfully for a shot at Civil Services Exam for 1.5 years.

2014 July till date: Ship Structural Engineer at the Research and Development Division of a re-known Ship Classification Society (Member of International Association of Classification Societies) that contributes to maritime safety and regulation through technical support, compliance verification and research and development .
- Client facing key consultancy projects involved in the stress assessment, fatigue life estimation, vibration analysis etc. of Naval Vessels, Bulk Carriers, Oil Tankers and other vessels.
- Managed cross-functional departments of the organisation and executed analysis and design projects
- Worked with Defense firms and Shipyards like Alion, Reliance Defence, ABG Shipyard, Mazagaon Dock Ltd, GRSE, CSL etc. on Consultancy projects
- Liaised with MoD, Navy and Coast Guards during projects
- Skilled at Core Engineering Analysis, Project Management, client handling, work quotations etc.

Total Work Experience : Work experience of 55 months till date

Achievements :
Work Related:
1) Optimized structural assessment methodology and brought about time savings (in man days) of a typical strength assessment project by 33%.
2) Executed consultancy projects to the tune of 1M$.
3) AAA rated client feedback after project completion in 2 projects.
4) Part of a key team involved in the development of structural guidelines for Steel vessels that all ships classed with my organisation needs to adhere with.

Hobbies & Extra-curricular : PADI Certified Scuba Diver, Home cook, Singer and Hobbyist Photographer.
Social Work : Part time Volunteer at the Art of Living Foundation
Post MBA goal: My short term post MBA goal is to switch over from my niche industry (Research/Engineering/Shipping) domain to a more generalized management role in the industry. I would like to acquire the necessary skills (core courses expertise) and soft skills (man management, negotiations, group activities) etc at ISB in order to prepare for this switch to a Management Consultancy role.

Long term goals: Use the knowledge, connections, network and experiences gained in all business roles from Consulting to start up and scale a chain of hotels/foodtrucks.

GMAT Score: 710

Posted from my mobile device


That's a decent profile. The master degree in my opinion cannot strengthen the case but if not duly justified in story, can weaken the case. Work on developing a strong story and you do stand a very fair chance.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 19 Apr 2018
Posts: 1
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Nov 2018, 23:38
Hi,

I am planning to apply to ISB R2 this year - please review my profile and all feedback is welcome!

10th - 94 percent
12th - 84 percent
UG - 9 CGPA
GMAT - 690

I have four years of work experience in an IT Consulting company, out of which one year was in the UK. I have multiple awards for my work and consistent performance throughout. I also have extra curriculars from college for fest and competitions, and have two years of NGO experience as a volunteer.

Posted from my mobile device
Director
Director
User avatar
G
Status: MBA Admissions Coach
Affiliations: one MBA coach
Joined: 18 Apr 2018
Posts: 617
Location: India
Schools: HBS, INSEAD, HEC, ISB, Rotman, IIMA , IIM, EDHEC
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.75
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Nov 2018, 01:38
Hello

Though the 'stats' of your profile seem decent, your GMAT score betrays your otherwise strong past academic performance (and makes things tricky since you belong to the highly represented IT pool of applicants).
International work ex can help, but focus more on achievements and career progress. Same applies to extracurricular- more than a laundry list focus on impact and contribution here.
Lastly, a profile is made complete and strong by clear and realistic career goals- something missing in this post. Tie in career goals with the above to prepare an overall strong written application.

Best
Varun Sharma
+919137133507
MBAkarma.com
GMAT Score Predictor
info@mbakarma.com


ashokcv123 wrote:
Hi,

I am planning to apply to ISB R2 this year - please review my profile and all feedback is welcome!

10th - 94 percent
12th - 84 percent
UG - 9 CGPA
GMAT - 690

I have four years of work experience in an IT Consulting company, out of which one year was in the UK. I have multiple awards for my work and consistent performance throughout. I also have extra curriculars from college for fest and competitions, and have two years of NGO experience as a volunteer.

Posted from my mobile device

_________________

Varun Sharma
MBAkarma.com
info (at) MBAkarma (dot) com

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 10 Jun 2017
Posts: 9
CAT Tests
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Nov 2018, 08:24
Can anyone evaluate my profile for ISB?

• Background and nationality: Indian, Male, 27 years

• Undergrad Information:
o Bachelor in Chemical Engineer from Maharaja Sayajirao University, Vadodara, Gujarat, India

• GPA: 3.98 (Department Topper)

• GMAT: 690 ( Q49, V35, AWA5, IR5)

• Work Experience:
o Acting as Senior Executive Engineer and Engineering Consultant at Linde Engineering, member of the The Linde Group, World's Leading Gas Distributor
o My Performance at the company has got me unusual promotion in terms of responsibility It got me promoted to led 6 billion Dollar Shell Ethylene Complex (Such unusual responsibility is given only to employee with 10+ years experience.). As a lead, I was held responsible for the planning and execution of all the technical deliverables. I held meetings regularly with Linde, Bechtel and Shell Management and sometimes with Pennsylvania Government official. Such fast growth has helped company to develop a leader at very low cost.
o Executed a Project as a Lead at South African site ( 2 months) for client Afrox. Appreciated by Client for following and making everyone follow the Linde Safety standards at the site. This initiative helped to increase Linde’s reputation in the eyes of client
o Deputed to Munich, Germany twice to conduct meetings with vendor and Client to align the vendor documentation with the required standards
o Worked with Clients such as Exxon Mobil, Shell, EIL etc. from various regions such as US, Russia, Europe, South Africa etc.
o Recognized in the company for providing the idea of reducing the plastic bottle use. Such initiative has helped company to work for the conservation of environment and improve employee’s health
o Have focussed and developed on the competency group such as Customer focus, Result Delivery, Embracing change, personal Development, Cross-cultural communication and Employee Development and Empowerment

• Achievements:
o Awarded three gold medal for achieving:
 highest aggregate score throughout Engineering
 highest score in Elective subjects ( Petroleum and Peteochemical subjects) in Engineering
 highest aggregate score in 3rd and 4th year of Engineering
o Earned Recognition from Ramkrishna Mission Vivekananda Memorial for achieving all the above listed gold medal
o Awarded Silver medal at State level for achieving highest aggregate score in Chemical Engineering
o Co-founder of successful NGO called Vadodara Toastmasters Club and of unsuccessful NGO called Linde Toastmasters Club
o Served as a member of Excom at Vadodara Toastmasters Club
o Earned Recognition as a Competent Leader by Toastmasters International
o Earned several awards as a Best Speaker and as a Participate for supporting the Toastmasters Event
o Secured Most Innovative and 2nd Position in Chem car competition at Azeotropy'13 at IIT Bombay
o Secured 3rd position at University level Chess Tournament
o Active member of Defunct local NGO of stray dogs.
o Actively carrying out social services for the stray animals from home

• Post MBA goals –
o Short Term goal to be a Member of Business Development Team of a Chemical Firm
o Long term goal to
 become CEO / MD of Chemical firm
 start-up an NGO for bringing awareness for the Environmental problems faced by the world
 open a plastic recycling plant

• Hobbies:
o Knowing the social behaviour of Wildlife to know more about the nature and about how the nature has differentiated it from the human beings
o Watching WWE as it inspires and motivates me to do the best
o Reading Washington Post to improve vocabulary and to know the current affairs

Regards
Daivat
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 26 Nov 2017
Posts: 5
Location: India
Schools: ISB '20
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
GPA: 4
Premium Member
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Nov 2018, 12:12
26 year old Indian (Male).

GMAT - 720 V38 Q50
B-Tech NIT Durgapur (Electrical Engineering) 2015 Batch - 7.48 CGPA
12th - 82.6 % (CBSE)
10th - 85 % (CBSE)
Work Ex - 40 Months as of October 2018.
Working in EPC industry as senior electrical engineer in tendering department.
Extracurriculars - Participated and won in various quizzes held in our college. Also volunteered in many college fests.

Kindly evaluate my profile for ISB. Also, suggest some affordable admissions consultants in India.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 12 Jan 2018
Posts: 38
Location: India
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GPA: 3.04
WE: Engineering (Transportation)
CAT Tests
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Nov 2018, 12:26
gmatgautam wrote:
26 year old Indian (Male).

GMAT - 720 V38 Q50
B-Tech NIT Durgapur (Electrical Engineering) 2015 Batch - 7.48 CGPA
12th - 82.6 % (CBSE)
10th - 85 % (CBSE)
Work Ex - 40 Months as of October 2018.
Working in EPC industry as senior electrical engineer in tendering department.
Extracurriculars - Participated and won in various quizzes held in our college. Also volunteered in many college fests.

Kindly evaluate my profile for ISB. Also, suggest some affordable admissions consultants in India.


I have a strangely similar profile to yours.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 25 Mar 2017
Posts: 19
Location: India
GMAT 1: 650 Q49 V31
GMAT 2: 700 Q47 V39
GPA: 3.1
Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Nov 2018, 21:31
Hi

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 25 Mar 2017
Posts: 19
Location: India
GMAT 1: 650 Q49 V31
GMAT 2: 700 Q47 V39
GPA: 3.1
Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Nov 2018, 21:52
Please evaluate my profile

10th 74%
12th 75%
UG 76% Metallurgical engineering from BIT Sindri
GMAT 700

I have 10.5 years of work experience in a steel giant. Work experience in operations of continuous casting process in steel making. Specialist in logistics and manpower management on shopfloor.

My consistent outstanding performance at the company resulted in my identification for (only top 0.1% employees identified) young leaders program of the company.

I led a team of 25members to improve productivity by 23%.

Hobbies: casual photography
Gyming
Travelling

Post MBA goals: I want a change of sector. General management will help me improve my soft skills and managerial skills and give me an in-depth knowledge of different perspectives of management.



Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Director
Director
User avatar
G
Status: MBA Admissions Coach
Affiliations: one MBA coach
Joined: 18 Apr 2018
Posts: 617
Location: India
Schools: HBS, INSEAD, HEC, ISB, Rotman, IIMA , IIM, EDHEC
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.75
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Nov 2018, 23:45
Hello daivat21buch

You have a pretty strong profile 'qualitatively' speaking. Work ex, extracurricular activities, past academics scores, achievements all make you a strong contender for ISB.
In fact the only visible weakness in your profile if the below average GMAT, which in a way betrays your past academic performance and otherwise strong profile. But it should not a be a deal-breaker in your specific case.
As long as you do not screw up your essays, you have a good shot at ISB.

Best
Varun Sharma
+919137133507
MBAkarma.com
GMAT Score Predictor
info@mbakarma.com


daivat21buch wrote:
Can anyone evaluate my profile for ISB?

• Background and nationality: Indian, Male, 27 years

• Undergrad Information:
o Bachelor in Chemical Engineer from Maharaja Sayajirao University, Vadodara, Gujarat, India

• GPA: 3.98 (Department Topper)

• GMAT: 690 ( Q49, V35, AWA5, IR5)

• Work Experience:
o Acting as Senior Executive Engineer and Engineering Consultant at Linde Engineering, member of the The Linde Group, World's Leading Gas Distributor
o My Performance at the company has got me unusual promotion in terms of responsibility It got me promoted to led 6 billion Dollar Shell Ethylene Complex (Such unusual responsibility is given only to employee with 10+ years experience.). As a lead, I was held responsible for the planning and execution of all the technical deliverables. I held meetings regularly with Linde, Bechtel and Shell Management and sometimes with Pennsylvania Government official. Such fast growth has helped company to develop a leader at very low cost.
o Executed a Project as a Lead at South African site ( 2 months) for client Afrox. Appreciated by Client for following and making everyone follow the Linde Safety standards at the site. This initiative helped to increase Linde’s reputation in the eyes of client
o Deputed to Munich, Germany twice to conduct meetings with vendor and Client to align the vendor documentation with the required standards
o Worked with Clients such as Exxon Mobil, Shell, EIL etc. from various regions such as US, Russia, Europe, South Africa etc.
o Recognized in the company for providing the idea of reducing the plastic bottle use. Such initiative has helped company to work for the conservation of environment and improve employee’s health
o Have focussed and developed on the competency group such as Customer focus, Result Delivery, Embracing change, personal Development, Cross-cultural communication and Employee Development and Empowerment

• Achievements:
o Awarded three gold medal for achieving:
 highest aggregate score throughout Engineering
 highest score in Elective subjects ( Petroleum and Peteochemical subjects) in Engineering
 highest aggregate score in 3rd and 4th year of Engineering
o Earned Recognition from Ramkrishna Mission Vivekananda Memorial for achieving all the above listed gold medal
o Awarded Silver medal at State level for achieving highest aggregate score in Chemical Engineering
o Co-founder of successful NGO called Vadodara Toastmasters Club and of unsuccessful NGO called Linde Toastmasters Club
o Served as a member of Excom at Vadodara Toastmasters Club
o Earned Recognition as a Competent Leader by Toastmasters International
o Earned several awards as a Best Speaker and as a Participate for supporting the Toastmasters Event
o Secured Most Innovative and 2nd Position in Chem car competition at Azeotropy'13 at IIT Bombay
o Secured 3rd position at University level Chess Tournament
o Active member of Defunct local NGO of stray dogs.
o Actively carrying out social services for the stray animals from home

• Post MBA goals –
o Short Term goal to be a Member of Business Development Team of a Chemical Firm
o Long term goal to
 become CEO / MD of Chemical firm
 start-up an NGO for bringing awareness for the Environmental problems faced by the world
 open a plastic recycling plant

• Hobbies:
o Knowing the social behaviour of Wildlife to know more about the nature and about how the nature has differentiated it from the human beings
o Watching WWE as it inspires and motivates me to do the best
o Reading Washington Post to improve vocabulary and to know the current affairs

Regards
Daivat

_________________

Varun Sharma
MBAkarma.com
info (at) MBAkarma (dot) com

Director
Director
User avatar
G
Status: MBA Admissions Coach
Affiliations: one MBA coach
Joined: 18 Apr 2018
Posts: 617
Location: India
Schools: HBS, INSEAD, HEC, ISB, Rotman, IIMA , IIM, EDHEC
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.75
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Nov 2018, 23:48
Hello gmatgautam

While the 'stat's of your profile check all the boxes (GMAT, acads) there are other qualitative details that will make your candidature weak/strong.
Achievements at work, business impact, extracurricular activities (school/college activities usually do not carry much weight unless you have achieved something stellar) and most importantly career goals (missing from your post).
All these will need to be tied strongly in your essays/LOR. You may want to read here on the factors that are critical for your written application and here on career goals.

Best
Varun Sharma
+919137133507
MBAkarma.com
GMAT Score Predictor
info@mbakarma.com



gmatgautam wrote:
26 year old Indian (Male).

GMAT - 720 V38 Q50
B-Tech NIT Durgapur (Electrical Engineering) 2015 Batch - 7.48 CGPA
12th - 82.6 % (CBSE)
10th - 85 % (CBSE)
Work Ex - 40 Months as of October 2018.
Working in EPC industry as senior electrical engineer in tendering department.
Extracurriculars - Participated and won in various quizzes held in our college. Also volunteered in many college fests.

Kindly evaluate my profile for ISB. Also, suggest some affordable admissions consultants in India.

_________________

Varun Sharma
MBAkarma.com
info (at) MBAkarma (dot) com

Director
Director
User avatar
G
Status: MBA Admissions Coach
Affiliations: one MBA coach
Joined: 18 Apr 2018
Posts: 617
Location: India
Schools: HBS, INSEAD, HEC, ISB, Rotman, IIMA , IIM, EDHEC
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.75
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Nov 2018, 23:50
Hello vijyband99

While the work ex, GMAT, past scores and achievements at work make you a decent candidate, the career goals narrative sounds very weak and generic.
After 10-11 years of experience a shift in sector might or might not be possible- not sure what sort of shift are we talking about here. This will be the most crucial piece in evaluating your chances.

Best
Varun Sharma
+919137133507
MBAkarma.com
GMAT Score Predictor
info@mbakarma.com


vijyband99 wrote:
Please evaluate my profile

10th 74%
12th 75%
UG 76% Metallurgical engineering from BIT Sindri
GMAT 700

I have 10.5 years of work experience in a steel giant. Work experience in operations of continuous casting process in steel making. Specialist in logistics and manpower management on shopfloor.

My consistent outstanding performance at the company resulted in my identification for (only top 0.1% employees identified) young leaders program of the company.

I led a team of 25members to improve productivity by 23%.

Hobbies: casual photography
Gyming
Travelling

Post MBA goals: I want a change of sector. General management will help me improve my soft skills and managerial skills and give me an in-depth knowledge of different perspectives of management.



Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

_________________

Varun Sharma
MBAkarma.com
info (at) MBAkarma (dot) com

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 25 Mar 2017
Posts: 19
Location: India
GMAT 1: 650 Q49 V31
GMAT 2: 700 Q47 V39
GPA: 3.1
Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Nov 2018, 00:59
MBAkarma wrote:
Hello vijyband99

While the work ex, GMAT, past scores and achievements at work make you a decent candidate, the career goals narrative sounds very weak and generic.
After 10-11 years of experience a shift in sector might or might not be possible- not sure what sort of shift are we talking about here. This will be the most crucial piece in evaluating your chances.

Best
Varun Sharma
+919137133507
MBAkarma.com
GMAT Score Predictor
info@mbakarma.com


vijyband99 wrote:
Please evaluate my profile

10th 74%
12th 75%
UG 76% Metallurgical engineering from BIT Sindri
GMAT 700

I have 10.5 years of work experience in a steel giant. Work experience in operations of continuous casting process in steel making. Specialist in logistics and manpower management on shopfloor.

My consistent outstanding performance at the company resulted in my identification for (only top 0.1% employees identified) young leaders program of the company.

I led a team of 25members to improve productivity by 23%.

Hobbies: casual photography
Gyming
Travelling

Post MBA goals: I want a change of sector. General management will help me improve my soft skills and managerial skills and give me an in-depth knowledge of different perspectives of management.



Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Thanks for evaluating my profile I will surely work on my career goals
Regards
Vijay

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Manager
Manager
User avatar
B
Joined: 08 Jun 2017
Posts: 60
ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 23 Nov 2018, 11:40
Hi Bhavya1506,
This is with respect to the profile evaluation request you posted on the group.
I am an Indian School of Business alum, CO14, and have been assisting applicants get into global business schools for the last 3 years.
Below is my evaluation of your profile :
GMAT : Lower than Average
Academics : Above Average – Post grad degree from a good college is a plus
Work Experience : Above Average
Pros : R&D experience in core field, recognition of innovation at work
Cons : No tangible leadership experience , No client facing experience – does not go well with your post MBA goals of Consulting
Extracurricular : Good. National Level Kho Kho Player is a plus
Overall you have all the ingredients of making a good application. However, to compensate for your lesser GMAT score, you will need to stitch your profile pointers into a compelling story. The elements of the story should be :
a. How does your professional experience complemented by ISB MBA tie in with your post MBA goals.
b. The impression of research is that it is more of self-innovation and less of collaboration. You will need to change this impression by stating how and in what circumstances you have demonstrated leadership at work.
c. You will need articulate what sort of responsibilities you want to take up in a techno-managerial role related to Technical companies. Please note that this is very different from Consulting and thus you will have to be clear in your short term and eventual long-term goal.

Please feel free to get in touch with me at arijit.biswas@crackadmission.com and/or +919701215544 in case you want a detailed discussion.
_________________

Thanks and Regards,
Arijit Biswas
Founder, CrackAdmission
M| +91-9701215544


Originally posted by CrackAdmission on 22 Nov 2018, 11:32.
Last edited by CrackAdmission on 23 Nov 2018, 11:40, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 28 Sep 2014
Posts: 2
Location: India
Schools: ISB '19 (A)
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.21
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Nov 2018, 00:30
1
Guys,

I can totally understand the efforts that you are all putting up for getting an admission to one of the most prestigious MBA programs in this country i.e. PGP 1 year at ISB. Good news is that I was in the same spot just an year back and I believe that I am better placed to help you with a recommendation that will not only help you get through the admission process but also connect you to some of the great mentors for life!

I would highly advice ISB aspirants to get in touch with the team at www.crackadmission.com. The forum is run by talented ISB alumni. These guys will extend a great deal of ideas that will be immensely helpful to write a structured and persuasive application for the program. all if this with a flexibility to personalize your package as you move along your admissions journey. I strongly believe that the alums of the school are always better placed to get you the true facts about the progra and will help you take the right call that is going to be so critical for your career progression in the coming years!!

Crackadmission team will take out ample time to understand your story and provide proactive inputs on your essays and interviews. The turaround for final draft is as low as a week for each essay. You will go through multiple rounds of revisions - generally over 7-8 and once you make it to the interview list, they will support your interview prep through personalized mocks, making you extremely comfortable for the D day! Mind it...The jouney won't stop there ..they will also help you take the right call during the placement season since they would have known you so well by then :)

Reach out to arijit.Biswas@crackadmission.com
+91-9701215544

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
User avatar
B
Joined: 08 Jun 2017
Posts: 60
ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 23 Nov 2018, 11:41
Hi ashokcv123,

This is with respect to the profile evaluation request you posted on the group.
I am an Indian School of Business alum, CO14, and have been assisting applicants get into global business schools for the last 3 years.

Below is my evaluation of your profile :
GMAT : Lower than Average
Academics : Above Average – Post grad degree from a good college is a plus
Work Experience : Average
Pros : International Experience, recognition of innovation at work
Cons : Limited avenues to differentiate yourself from the highly competitive pool of IT applicants
Extracurricular : Average. Lot depends on how you portray the volunteer experience.

Your chances of getting an interview shortlist and final conversion depends a lot on how you articulate your experience by demonstrating a clear value add you made to the organization via your work. For example, if you are a lead developer – instead of highlighting your coding skills, you will need to focus on how your clients benefited from the code you developed. Also, if you have taken up any initiatives in your India office or client site, show case them.

Another aspect you should definitely keep in mind is the clarity and logical feasibility in achieving your post MBA goals. Please draft the story such that it highlights how ISB is the gateway to achieve your goals. However, you need to be cognizant of the fact that your goals should not seem to be unrealistic.

Please feel free to get in touch with me at arijit.biswas@crackadmission.com and/or +919701215544 in case you want a detailed discussion.
_________________

Thanks and Regards,
Arijit Biswas
Founder, CrackAdmission
M| +91-9701215544


Originally posted by CrackAdmission on 23 Nov 2018, 05:31.
Last edited by CrackAdmission on 23 Nov 2018, 11:41, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
User avatar
B
Joined: 08 Jun 2017
Posts: 60
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Nov 2018, 06:11
Hi Daivat,

This is with respect to the profile evaluation request you posted on the group.

I am an Indian School of Business alum, CO14, and have been assisting applicants get into global business schools for the last 3 years.

Below is my evaluation of your profile:
GMAT : Lower than Average
Academics : Above Average – Post grad degree from a good college is a plus
Work Experience : Average
Pros : Consistency in career path – from what you studied to what you applied at work, fast track career
Cons : Team leadership skills is not coming out
Extracurricular : Good. However, you will need to focus on only 1-2 of them if you are looking to mention them in your essays.
Post MBA career goals : Currently, it is very specific in terms of both industry as well as role. Considering that there are not a lot of Chemical companies that come to ISB for recruitment, you should rather keep the industry broad – ex. something that covers Chemicals or Pharma or Beverage or something else. Also, as a BD person, you will have to state what you would want to exactly do ex. would you be driving existing business lines, or would you want to set up new channels/new product lines etc.

Overall, GMAT score is the weakest link in your profile. You will need to compensate it with an impactful application that captures how will you add value to the ISB cohort and also what aspects of ISB’s MBA program bridges the gaps in your current profile.

Please feel free to get in touch with me at arijit.biswas@crackadmission.com and/or +919701215544 in case you want a detailed discussion.
_________________

Thanks and Regards,
Arijit Biswas
Founder, CrackAdmission
M| +91-9701215544

Manager
Manager
User avatar
B
Joined: 08 Jun 2017
Posts: 60
ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 23 Nov 2018, 11:42
Hi gmatgautam,

This is with respect to the profile evaluation request you posted on the group.
I am an Indian School of Business alum, CO14, and have been assisting applicants get into global business schools for the last 3 years.

Below is my evaluation of your profile:
GMAT : Above Average
Academics : Average – Post grad degree from a good college is a plus
Work Experience : Average
Pros : Consistency in career path – from what you studied to what you applied at work, fast track career
Cons : As an GET in an engineering firm, your leadership/managerial experiences seems limited
Extracurricular : Nothing great about it

While your GMAT score will give you a hygiene check of positive, you will need to draft your essays in such a manner that captures what you bring to the table at ISB. You will also need to clearly state areas / projects where you have created impact in your organization and how your skillsets have evolved over time. ISB always looks for applicants who have achieved a rising career trajectory.

One more thing you need to give a thorough thought is your post MBA goals. While for the long term goal, you can be abstract, for the short term – you will have to be specific. How MBA and specifically ISB fits into your overall goals also needs to be crystal clear. As a rule of thumb, you can use the formula X+Y=Z, where X is where you are currently – all the soft and hard skills you have gained so far, Z is all the skillsets you require to excel in your short term goal and Y is the bridge – essentially the MBA program.

Please feel free to get in touch with me at arijit.biswas@crackadmission.com and/or +919701215544 in case you want a detailed discussion.
_________________

Thanks and Regards,
Arijit Biswas
Founder, CrackAdmission
M| +91-9701215544


Originally posted by CrackAdmission on 23 Nov 2018, 06:25.
Last edited by CrackAdmission on 23 Nov 2018, 11:42, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 28 Sep 2014
Posts: 2
Location: India
Schools: ISB '19 (A)
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.21
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Nov 2018, 07:14
1
Guys,

I can totally understand the efforts that you are all putting up for getting an admission to one of the most prestigious MBA programs in this country i.e. PGP 1 year at ISB. Good news is that I was in the same spot just an year back (currently a PGP'19 student at ISB) and I believe that I am better placed to help you with a recommendation that will not only help you get through the admission process but also connect you to some of the great mentors for life!

I would highly advice ISB aspirants to get in touch with the team at www.crackadmission.com. The forum is run by talented ISB alumni. These guys will extend a great deal of ideas that will be immensely helpful to write a structured and persuasive application for the program. all if this with a flexibility to personalize your package as you move along your admissions journey. I strongly believe that the alums of the school are always better placed to get you the true facts about the progra and will help you take the right call that is going to be so critical for your career progression in the coming years!!

Crackadmission team will take out ample time to understand your story and provide proactive inputs on your essays and interviews. The turaround for final draft is as low as a week for each essay. You will go through multiple rounds of revisions - generally over 7-8 and once you make it to the interview list, they will support your interview prep through personalized mocks, making you extremely comfortable for the D day! Mind it...The jouney won't stop there ..they will also help you take the right call during the placement season since they would have known you so well by then :)

Reach out to arijit.Biswas@crackadmission.com
+91-9701215544

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 10 Jun 2017
Posts: 9
CAT Tests
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Nov 2018, 07:55
Hello Varun,

Again grateful to your feedback.

I actually incorporated your comments which you had provided on my last post for Columbia.

Regards,
Daivat



MBAkarma wrote:
Hello daivat21buch

You have a pretty strong profile 'qualitatively' speaking. Work ex, extracurricular activities, past academics scores, achievements all make you a strong contender for ISB.
In fact the only visible weakness in your profile if the below average GMAT, which in a way betrays your past academic performance and otherwise strong profile. But it should not a be a deal-breaker in your specific case.
As long as you do not screw up your essays, you have a good shot at ISB.

Best
Varun Sharma
+919137133507
MBAkarma.com
GMAT Score Predictor
info@mbakarma.com


daivat21buch wrote:
Can anyone evaluate my profile for ISB?

• Background and nationality: Indian, Male, 27 years

• Undergrad Information:
o Bachelor in Chemical Engineer from Maharaja Sayajirao University, Vadodara, Gujarat, India

• GPA: 3.98 (Department Topper)

• GMAT: 690 ( Q49, V35, AWA5, IR5)

• Work Experience:
o Acting as Senior Executive Engineer and Engineering Consultant at Linde Engineering, member of the The Linde Group, World's Leading Gas Distributor
o My Performance at the company has got me unusual promotion in terms of responsibility It got me promoted to led 6 billion Dollar Shell Ethylene Complex (Such unusual responsibility is given only to employee with 10+ years experience.). As a lead, I was held responsible for the planning and execution of all the technical deliverables. I held meetings regularly with Linde, Bechtel and Shell Management and sometimes with Pennsylvania Government official. Such fast growth has helped company to develop a leader at very low cost.
o Executed a Project as a Lead at South African site ( 2 months) for client Afrox. Appreciated by Client for following and making everyone follow the Linde Safety standards at the site. This initiative helped to increase Linde’s reputation in the eyes of client
o Deputed to Munich, Germany twice to conduct meetings with vendor and Client to align the vendor documentation with the required standards
o Worked with Clients such as Exxon Mobil, Shell, EIL etc. from various regions such as US, Russia, Europe, South Africa etc.
o Recognized in the company for providing the idea of reducing the plastic bottle use. Such initiative has helped company to work for the conservation of environment and improve employee’s health
o Have focussed and developed on the competency group such as Customer focus, Result Delivery, Embracing change, personal Development, Cross-cultural communication and Employee Development and Empowerment

• Achievements:
o Awarded three gold medal for achieving:
 highest aggregate score throughout Engineering
 highest score in Elective subjects ( Petroleum and Peteochemical subjects) in Engineering
 highest aggregate score in 3rd and 4th year of Engineering
o Earned Recognition from Ramkrishna Mission Vivekananda Memorial for achieving all the above listed gold medal
o Awarded Silver medal at State level for achieving highest aggregate score in Chemical Engineering
o Co-founder of successful NGO called Vadodara Toastmasters Club and of unsuccessful NGO called Linde Toastmasters Club
o Served as a member of Excom at Vadodara Toastmasters Club
o Earned Recognition as a Competent Leader by Toastmasters International
o Earned several awards as a Best Speaker and as a Participate for supporting the Toastmasters Event
o Secured Most Innovative and 2nd Position in Chem car competition at Azeotropy'13 at IIT Bombay
o Secured 3rd position at University level Chess Tournament
o Active member of Defunct local NGO of stray dogs.
o Actively carrying out social services for the stray animals from home

• Post MBA goals –
o Short Term goal to be a Member of Business Development Team of a Chemical Firm
o Long term goal to
 become CEO / MD of Chemical firm
 start-up an NGO for bringing awareness for the Environmental problems faced by the world
 open a plastic recycling plant

• Hobbies:
o Knowing the social behaviour of Wildlife to know more about the nature and about how the nature has differentiated it from the human beings
o Watching WWE as it inspires and motivates me to do the best
o Reading Washington Post to improve vocabulary and to know the current affairs

Regards
Daivat
GMAT Club Bot
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! &nbs [#permalink] 23 Nov 2018, 07:55

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  114   115   116   117   118   119   120    Next  [ 2384 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!

  new topic post reply Update application status  


Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.