GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 23 Oct 2019, 16:27

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!

new topic post reply Update application status  
Admission Consultant
B
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Nov 2018, 20:42
Argo wrote:
Hello,

Can somebody evaluate my profile for ISB application?

X - 87%
XII - 88%
B.Tech. (ECE) - 66.7%

GMAT score : 670 (Q45, V37, IR 5)

Work Experience:
-> Around 8 years of experience in SDLC , which comprises of involving in design & architecture level discussions, evangelizing test frameworks using new test tools, creating and testing different use cases and on-boarding the new candidates.
-> Worked for a top class Web-based IT product firm.
-> After a year gap from the IT field, I joined back a startup in relatively a new technology, summing my total work experience to 10 years.

Academic Achievements:
-> Received different merit awards for my scholastic performance.
-> Participated and won several quiz competitions at the school level.

Extra Curricular
-> Amateur Photographer
-> Avid reader of native literature
-> Film buff

Social Work :
-> Received a note of appreciation from 'Help age India' for helping them in raising funds for the deprived.
-> Organized few CSR activities while being a part of company during my work experience, being a leader in initiating such activities.

Post MBA goal - During my break from IT field, I faced a lot of hurdles while setting up my own firm which made my pursue my MBA and set up my firm.

I wanted to know if this GMAT score is enough to get an interview letter else, I have to take another try but I am running out of time.

Hi Argo!

ISB hasn't been very open to candidates with 10+ years of experience in the last few years, but since this is R2 already, you better give it a shot. Waiting for another year will only make things more difficult. You have done well to score a 670 and up to 700, it will not make so much of a difference. 670 assures the school of your capability to cope with the classes and if ISB likes your profile, they will invite you for the interview primarily based on your profile now. Demonstrate strong leadership potential, rich industry exposure and good clarity of goals through your essays.

All the Best!
ISBmantra / Admit Square Consulting
www.isbmantra.com | www.admitsquare.com
B
Schools: ISB '19 (A)
WE: Marketing (Internet and New Media)
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Dec 2018, 00:20
Aniket04 wrote:
Hi all,

I would be grateful if someone could evaluate my profile. I am yet to write GMAT. I am currently getting 640 in MGMAT mocks.

X - 87.4
XII - 70.4
B.Tech. (CS) - 65% - UPTU, Uttar Pradesh(2011-2015)

WE:
a) 2.5 years(Aug 2015-Feb 2018) in TCS. Automation Developer. Also led a team of four people to develop a Proof of Concept and received Special Initiative Award.
b) 10 months (Jun 2018-Mar 2019) in Swaniti Initiative ( it's an NGO). SPARC Associate working with Minister of State for Rural Development Ram Kripal Yadav in his constituency. I have single-handedly undertaken projects in livelihood, health and social welfare while implementing Sansad Adarsh Gram Yojana. My work also includes stakeholder management, liasoning with officials and analysis of different government schemes.

Academic Achievements:
a) Oracle Certified Professional - Java Programmer (July 2013)
b) Certification Course "Leading Teams" from Michigan Univ through Coursera (Jan 2016)
c) Secured Distinction in Australian Chemistry Quiz in 10th Std. (2008)

Extra Curricular
a) Guitarist - College Music Club. Won various college competitions. (2012-2014)
b) Started Guitar Club, exclusively for helping students learn basics of guitar so th
b) Won TCS Got Talent in Music Band Category (2017)
c) Poetry

Social Work :
a) Volunteered for "Make A Difference" for 2 years. Role varied from teaching underprivileged kids to mentoring a team of 10 volunteers (Aug 2016 - Jun 2018)
b) While in TCS, I led a project level CSR activity and raised funds (>8000) for distribution of clothes and food items in a School for Mentally Challenged Children. (Jan 2017)

Post MBA goal - To start a social enterprise in livelihood. I have concrete plan for the same.

Hey Aniket,

I am a current student of ISB. Here are my remarks regarding your profile-

First of all, please make a point to appear for GMAT. You need to have some clarity regarding the GMAT score. Preferably a 730+ with your profile would be ok.

You have done a lot of things but you need to connect the dots in your profile. Less work experience might be a hindrance in your application. I only know two guys from the current batch of around 850+ who are from TCS but they do have a good GMAT score. For help regarding your application, do reach out to me for any help. Email id is siddarth4984@gmail.com.

Regards
Siddharth Maheshwari
ISB Co'19
SVP
SVP
P
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V48
GRE 1: Q800 V740

Show Tags

New post 03 Dec 2018, 05:33
Top Contributor
abhishekr10 wrote:
Hello,

Looking for a profile evaluation. Suggestions/comments will be highly appreciated.

X - 85%
XII - 77%
Bcom (Banking and Finance) - 58%
Post Graduation - 61%

GMAT score : 710 (Q48, V39, IR 6)

Work Experience:
-> 5 years of experience till March 2019.
-> I have worked in the impact investment space throughout. I have assessed more than 100 early-stage companies, evaluated their business models, did financial analysis, and took a credit call. I have assessed companies from financial inclusion, healthcare, affordable education, clean energy, and food and agri sectors.
-> In the last 12 months, I have been working on the other side of the table. I joined a healthcare start-up in Gurgaon and I have managed the entire fundraising process of the company. This is the first time it's out in the market to raise equity, I have managed the entire process end-to-end and have successfully received multiple term sheets from investors.
-> So the total works out like this - 4 years in lending to companies making social or environmental impact, and then 1 year raising funds for one such company.

Academic Achievements:
-> Represented school/college in several debate competitions.

Extra Curricular
-> Fitness enthusiast
-> News-worm
-> Petrolhead

Post MBA goal - By utilizing my experience in the lending space, having looked at several dozen companies from both the investor's side and the management's side, I now want to develop my financial analysis skills and managerial skills further (here is where the relevant subjects taught at ISB come) and work for an internaltion private equity fund, eventually setting-up a fund of my own.

The story - I have always been in the finance space. I was pursuing CA alongwith Bcom. While I cleared the entrance examination and the intermediate examination without much trouble, I was getting no satisfaction from what I was doing. I have to admit that I really did not have a clear path back then (I was 18!) and chose to pursue CA simply because my brother was a CA and everybody around me was doing just that! I started reading up about what alternatives I had, and that's when I stumbled upon financial inclusion. I have always had an inclination towards doing something for the society, and this gave me a way to link that with my interest in finance and numbers. I then applied for Post Graduation at Indian Institute of Forest Management and did my majors in Development Management (While the name says 'Forest Management', I studied only one subject on forestry. The institute is run by Ministry of Environment and Forest, hence the name). I studied about financial inclusion, microfinance, and other subjects on social development in rural and urban India. This knowledge came super handy at my first job when I worked with a financial institution lending to microfinance companies and farmer producer organizations. As I was ultimately dealing with rural population, everything taught at IIFM was super useful. I worked at my first job for 2 years, then moved to the second with similar responsibilities (but I got to look at far more diversified companies) and worked there for 2 years. I had to move cities due to my father's health, due to which I had to join the third one (healthcare company that I previously mentioned about). At the healthcare company, I got to understand everything from the other side as I was directly involved with the promoter-CEO of the company on day-to-day basis. Understood in great detail how companies are run, what challenges they face, the kind of issues that crop up (both internal and external). Also raised money for the company in the process.

My concerns -
-> Crappy grad score (I was doing CA alongwith it at that time. While I passed all the CA exams I gave, I did not complete it so I don't thing that'll save me a lot)
-> Please tell me what else should I be concerned about.

Thanks!

:)

Hi Abhishek

Thanks for posting.
- All seems in order here. With a good app, you should have a decent chance. In terms of post-MBA goals, may need to be a bit careful with international PE; ISB may not be positioned to help you get there. That doesn't mean all PE is out; be selective about what opportunities are possible. Also, your experience so far is more impact lending oriented than impact investment from what you have described, which can matter.
- Your grad score isn't that much of an issue right now, given your diversity. If you can back it up with a good app, you should have a chance.

Hope this helps. Feel free to come back with more queries as needed.

Awesome Work | Honest Advise | Outstanding Results

Reach Out, Lets chat!
Email: info at gyanone dot com | +91 98998 31738 | Skype: gyanone.services
SVP
SVP
P

Show Tags

New post 03 Dec 2018, 05:37
Top Contributor
Argo wrote:
Hello,

Can somebody evaluate my profile for ISB application?

X - 87%
XII - 88%
B.Tech. (ECE) - 66.7%

GMAT score : 670 (Q45, V37, IR 5)

Work Experience:
-> Around 8 years of experience in SDLC , which comprises of involving in design & architecture level discussions, evangelizing test frameworks using new test tools, creating and testing different use cases and on-boarding the new candidates.
-> Worked for a top class Web-based IT product firm.
-> After a year gap from the IT field, I joined back a startup in relatively a new technology, summing my total work experience to 10 years.

Academic Achievements:
-> Received different merit awards for my scholastic performance.

Extra Curricular
-> Amateur Photographer
-> Avid reader of native literature
-> Film buff

Social Work :
-> Received a note of appreciation from 'Help age India' for helping them in raising funds for the deprived.
-> Organized few CSR activities while being a part of company during my work experience, being a leader in initiating such activities.

Post MBA goal - During my break from IT field, I faced a lot of hurdles while setting up my own firm which made my pursue my MBA and set up my firm.

I wanted to know if this GMAT score is enough to get an interview letter else, I have to take another try but I am running out of time.

Hi Argo

Thanks for posting. Quick review from us:
- Given your background (IT), your GMAT score will be insufficient. Look at a 30+ point increase. Not sure if that is possible given the time remaining to R2 now.
- Your work is quite tech oriented, and you are on the higher side of the pool. While ISB does look at candidates on that side of the spectrum as well, it is usually looking for a spike in some other area to justify that much experience. Given your profile, ECA, and quantum of experience, your chance at ISB with these parameters will be low.
- Would suggest you raise your score, and then look at other programs like IIMB,C,A as well.

Reach Out, Lets chat!
SVP
SVP
P

Show Tags

New post 03 Dec 2018, 05:47
Top Contributor
Aniket04 wrote:
Hi all,

I would be grateful if someone could evaluate my profile. I am yet to write GMAT. I am currently getting 640 in MGMAT mocks.

X - 87.4
XII - 70.4
B.Tech. (CS) - 65% - UPTU, Uttar Pradesh(2011-2015)

WE:
a) 2.5 years(Aug 2015-Feb 2018) in TCS. Automation Developer. Also led a team of four people to develop a Proof of Concept and received Special Initiative Award.
b) 10 months (Jun 2018-Mar 2019) in Swaniti Initiative ( it's an NGO). SPARC Associate working with Minister of State for Rural Development Ram Kripal Yadav in his constituency. I have single-handedly undertaken projects in livelihood, health and social welfare while implementing Sansad Adarsh Gram Yojana. My work also includes stakeholder management, liasoning with officials and analysis of different government schemes.

Academic Achievements:
a) Oracle Certified Professional - Java Programmer (July 2013)
b) Certification Course "Leading Teams" from Michigan Univ through Coursera (Jan 2016)
c) Secured Distinction in Australian Chemistry Quiz in 10th Std. (2008)

Extra Curricular
a) Guitarist - College Music Club. Won various college competitions. (2012-2014)
b) Started Guitar Club, exclusively for helping students learn basics of guitar so th
b) Won TCS Got Talent in Music Band Category (2017)
c) Poetry

Social Work :
a) Volunteered for "Make A Difference" for 2 years. Role varied from teaching underprivileged kids to mentoring a team of 10 volunteers (Aug 2016 - Jun 2018)
b) While in TCS, I led a project level CSR activity and raised funds (>8000) for distribution of clothes and food items in a School for Mentally Challenged Children. (Jan 2017)

Post MBA goal - To start a social enterprise in livelihood. I have concrete plan for the same.

Hi Aniket04

Thanks for posting. A quick assessment from our side:
- Your current work is quite interesting and ranks you high on the parameter of diversity (that ISB is looking for), but you have only been in this role for a few months. Justifying a goal in social enterprise and an MBA with with ~5 months of experience in the sector will not be easy. Your work at MAD for 2 years is good, but it was not full-time, and while the exposure certainly counts, it may not be enough to justify a complete move to social entrepreneurship at the moment. Another question would be that the work you are currently doing is very unique and impactful and therefore is this the right time to move to social entrepreneurship? Would some more time spent with this unique opportunity, especially given the fact that your work experience so far is ~3 years total overall, not be a bad option?
- ECA is quite good and you have been a part of some good volunteering initiatives as well, apart from your current work. Great job on this front.
- Academics are about average, and they will need a strong GMAT score to boot to support that. Look for a 700+ as your target. In case that means that you are not able to get the target score in time for this year, look at next year. You would certainly be a stronger candidate if you apply then (assuming you achieve this score).

Reach Out, Lets chat!
SVP
SVP
P

Show Tags

New post 03 Dec 2018, 05:54
Top Contributor
subhsngh0 wrote:
Hi everyone

Can you please evaluate profile and provide suggestions regarding how to go for SOP & LOR. I am 25 year old Mechanical Engineer with more than 3 years of experience.
In my free time I like research stocks and read books.

Academic background:
Xth : 89.8% D.A.V. Public School Urjanagar
XIIth: 84% D.A.V. Public School Urjanagar
B.E. in Mech: 7.96/10 Jadavpur University
Languages: Hindi, English, Bangla(only speak).

GMAT score:700 Q49, V35 & IR 5

Professional Experience:

1. Reliance Industries Limited (Jul 2015 - Sep 2017)
(i)Maintenance Engineer involved in routine chekup of equipments, such as pumps, vessels, heat exchangers, columns, compressors, aerators & gearboxes, of
Petrochemical plant at RIL Vadodara EG, inventory management of spares, technical scrutiny and procurement of materials.
(ii) Involved in multiple capex programs such as installation of new column, magnetic filter for feeder line and installation of Recirculation Water pumps & Aeroators
(iii) Participated in multiple turnaorunds in various roles such as executing the project, managing the critical path, tracking the project and planning piping spares requires for turnaround of plant.
(iv) Project owner of piping package at FCC DTA Jamnagar. The duration of shutdown was 2 months, I was on deputation in Jamnagar for complete project for six months.
(v) Trained in SAP, Primavera and MS Project & Excel.

2. Maruti Suzuki India Limited (Sep 2017 - Current)
(i) R&D engineer working in crash facility at MSIL Rohtak looking after Dummy lab activities.
(ii) Model incharge for upcoming vehicles. The vehicles are tested for air bag calibration, seat belts and crash compliance.
(iii) Working on Rassi & MORTH data to analyse crash patterns prevalent in India.
(iv) Trained in UGNX.

Internships:
1. Coal India Limited : One month internship at Coal India Limited, Urjanagar. Learnt about the mining, excavation & refining processes. Familiar with various heavy machinery required in excavation and their maintenance.
2. NTPC: 1 month internship at NTPC kahalgaon. Learnt about the coal mill operations, boiler operations, Turbines operations & Cooling tower operations.

Extra curricular activities:
1. Participated in numerous national level science competitions and secured ranks within 300 multiple number of times.
2. Played volleyball in school house team.
3. Read various novellas and books including subjects like economics & philosophy.
4. Presented paper on honeycomb structure in an inter-college Metallurgy conference and was got 3rd position.
5. Volunteered at CRY kolkata and worked there organising various activities in the nearby villages and functions such as dance show or painting competition in Kolkata.

Please rate my profile and give suggestions

Hi subhsngh0

- The key aspect in your application will be diversity. Your work at RIL and MSIL has been quite good, but you need to dig into your experiences to bring out the diversity factor more. The work at MSIL seems more amenable to that. The internships will not count, and the work done there is anyway quite similar to your work at RIL.
- Acads are quite good. The GMAT at 700 is fine for you. Focus on building strong post-ISB goals and expressing a good fit with the school.
- In terms of ECA, note that some things you have listed (#1,3,4) may carry limited impact for ISB. The others are helpful, but a bit more on this front will need to be expressed.
- If you can take care of these aspects and put in a strong app, you should have a chance at R2 this year. Go for it!

Reach Out, Lets chat!
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 03 Dec 2018, 20:05
Hi,

My profile is as follows

Class X - 93%
Class XII - 74%
B.E - 56%

After BE I started my own factory and ran it for 2 years (This I'm not putting in my official application). I also took up a 2-year PGPM course from a "B-School" in Bengaluru. The school was not AICTE/ UGC approved. However, employer's didn't seem to care. There I worked hard, got 7.8/10 (was top 3 in the batch). I was also a Placement committee member there and our committee was responsible for 100% placements (Its a big deal for tier-III college)

After this, I'm now working in a Startup from the past 3 years. Initially, I was the only employee, and hence I was looking after everything like Marketing, Accounting, Sales, Operations etc. Now after scaling up, I'm now primarily responsible for Key Accounts Management and Operations from past 1 year. I still am responsible for a bit of marketing work, but that is now a very marginal role.

My GMAT Score - 710 (V38, Q49)

What are my chances for ISB
SVP
SVP
P

Show Tags

New post 03 Dec 2018, 23:09
Top Contributor
kaushikpknk wrote:
Hi,

My profile is as follows

Class X - 93%
Class XII - 74%
B.E - 56%

After BE I started my own factory and ran it for 2 years (This I'm not putting in my official application). I also took up a 2-year PGPM course from a "B-School" in Bengaluru. The school was not AICTE/ UGC approved. However, employer's didn't seem to care. There I worked hard, got 7.8/10 (was top 3 in the batch). I was also a Placement committee member there and our committee was responsible for 100% placements (Its a big deal for tier-III college)

After this, I'm now working in a Startup from the past 3 years. Initially, I was the only employee, and hence I was looking after everything like Marketing, Accounting, Sales, Operations etc. Now after scaling up, I'm now primarily responsible for Key Accounts Management and Operations from past 1 year. I still am responsible for a bit of marketing work, but that is now a very marginal role.

My GMAT Score - 710 (V38, Q49)

What are my chances for ISB

Hi kaushikpknk

Here is our assessment:
- Starting your own factory and running it for 2 years is a significant accomplishment, and you should certainly be putting it down on your application. The PGPM is not an issue either - plenty of people apply to ISB for a second MBA equivalent program.
- Your work in the startup seems interesting but need more details on this - what sector is it in? what have been your key achievements?
- Acads for you are low, but the GMAT is ok, and with a decent application you will have a chance

Reach Out, Lets chat!
Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 04 Dec 2018, 04:15
Hi kaushikpknk,

Thanks for sharing your profile.
I am an ISB alum, C014 and have been assisting applicants in their admission journeys since.
Below is my take on your profile :
Academics : Average (GPA is a big negative)
Work Experience : Average
Extra-Curricular : Difficult to comment based on details shared
GMAT Score : Above Average

First of all, I am not sure why you do not want to put your experience of running a factory. With the entire ‘Make in India’ campaigns going on, it can be a very strong point for you. Secondly, you will need to justify why you need another management course after having graduated from one already – don’t limit yourself to just the ‘tier 1 college brand name’. Thirdly, you will need to portray very realistic and achievable short term goals in your application and draw clearly how ISB’s PGP will help you get to them.

In a nutshell, while your GMAT score is good, your profile currently lacks the spark that ad coms want to see. With a well thought through and comprehensive application, you definitely stand a chance to get an interview shortlist and a final offer as well.

Please feel free to get in touch with me at arijit.biswas@crackadmission.com and/or +91-9701215544 in case you want a detailed discussion.
Cheers and Best of luck
M| +91-9701215544
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V34

Show Tags

New post 04 Dec 2018, 20:56
Hi,
I request you to evaluate my profile, which is as follows,
Academic Background
1.10th – 93.2% (CBSE Board)
2.12th – 91.2% (CBSE Board)
3.Graduation - B.Tech –Mechanical Engg, NIT Calicut
GPA – 7.45/10
4. GMAT Score – 690 (Q49,V34, IR 5)

Professional Experience
A.Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited - Jul'10- Mar 2018
1. Key Accounts Manager (OEM, Institutional, & Channel Sales) Delhi & Haryana Market
during May 2017- Mar 2018
2. Asst Manager (Industrial Sales) – Chennai & Puducherry Market during Aug 2010-April 2017

• Managed sales of petroleum products to small,medium and large enterprises
• Handled the indirect channel sales through strategic channel partners across the specific geography.
• Enroled potential direct customers across the allotted area inline with the sales target.
• Expanded the indirect sales network by enrolling potential channel partners in key markets.
• Ensured prompt clearance of overdues for credit supplies and financial compliance as per the policies of the organisation.
• Managed local supply depot operations including logistics,in addition to the sales profile.

B.Head (Marketing and Customer Relations) – beHealthie Pvt Ltd April 2018-Present
A startup company offering patient management services to Hospitals/Clinics in Kerala
• Creating a robust sales and marketing team to enrol new customers and serve existing customers
• Enhancing relations with existing customers and expanding sales opportunities.
• Explore new opportunities across Kerala to enrol potential customers

Positions of responsibilities and interest

a) Core Member, BPCL First Team-Chennai 2014-2017
• Conceptualized and developed strategy to make BPCL as the first choice of fuel in customers' mind
b) Mentor, New Recruits at Bharat Petroleum Corporation Ltd 2011- Present
• Aligned training program with classroom and on field training- transforming individual into team players;
mentored 200+ Management Trainees in various aspects of business
c) Member, Lubes Cricket Team, Southern Region, BPCL 2011-17
• Organized the inter SBU annual cricket league for 7 consecutive years at international/national cricketstadiums
• Participated in each cricket league on behalf of Lubes Team- Southern Region
d) Founding member of WHEELS, annual Auto-Tech show of NIT Calicut 2008-09
• Enabled students to understand operational anatomy of the machine along the recent trends in automobile technology
e) Part of volleyball team-NIT Calicut

Thanks and Regards,
Siraj
Director
Director
P
Affiliations: one MBA coach
Schools: HBS, INSEAD, HEC, ISB, Rotman, IIMA , IIM, EDHEC
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.75

Show Tags

New post 05 Dec 2018, 00:38
Hello casillus

Your GMAT, though lower than the average score of ISB, may not be a deal breaker in your specif case as your work ex potentially seems strong.
Make sure you talk about your career progress and impact at work.
That said, no info around career goals makes your profile incomplete as it is not evident why you wish to study at ISB- the goals must be organic and realistic. You may want to read here to add to your research.

Best
Varun Sharma
+919137133507
MBAkarma.com
GMAT Score Predictor
info@mbakarma.com

casillus wrote:
Hi,
I request you to evaluate my profile, which is as follows,
Academic Background
1.10th – 93.2% (CBSE Board)
2.12th – 91.2% (CBSE Board)
3.Graduation - B.Tech –Mechanical Engg, NIT Calicut
GPA – 7.45/10
4. GMAT Score – 690 (Q49,V34, IR 5)

Professional Experience
A.Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited - Jul'10- Mar 2018
1. Key Accounts Manager (OEM, Institutional, & Channel Sales) Delhi & Haryana Market
during May 2017- Mar 2018
2. Asst Manager (Industrial Sales) – Chennai & Puducherry Market during Aug 2010-April 2017

• Managed sales of petroleum products to small,medium and large enterprises
• Handled the indirect channel sales through strategic channel partners across the specific geography.
• Enroled potential direct customers across the allotted area inline with the sales target.
• Expanded the indirect sales network by enrolling potential channel partners in key markets.
• Ensured prompt clearance of overdues for credit supplies and financial compliance as per the policies of the organisation.
• Managed local supply depot operations including logistics,in addition to the sales profile.

B.Head (Marketing and Customer Relations) – beHealthie Pvt Ltd April 2018-Present
A startup company offering patient management services to Hospitals/Clinics in Kerala
• Creating a robust sales and marketing team to enrol new customers and serve existing customers
• Enhancing relations with existing customers and expanding sales opportunities.
• Explore new opportunities across Kerala to enrol potential customers

Positions of responsibilities and interest

a) Core Member, BPCL First Team-Chennai 2014-2017
• Conceptualized and developed strategy to make BPCL as the first choice of fuel in customers' mind
b) Mentor, New Recruits at Bharat Petroleum Corporation Ltd 2011- Present
• Aligned training program with classroom and on field training- transforming individual into team players;
mentored 200+ Management Trainees in various aspects of business
c) Member, Lubes Cricket Team, Southern Region, BPCL 2011-17
• Organized the inter SBU annual cricket league for 7 consecutive years at international/national cricketstadiums
• Participated in each cricket league on behalf of Lubes Team- Southern Region
d) Founding member of WHEELS, annual Auto-Tech show of NIT Calicut 2008-09
• Enabled students to understand operational anatomy of the machine along the recent trends in automobile technology
e) Part of volleyball team-NIT Calicut

Thanks and Regards,
Siraj

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 05 Dec 2018, 02:07
Hi,

My profile is as follows

Class X - 90% U.P.state board topper

Class XII - 89% secured 11th position in state board

B.TEch- 6.05/10 (Dheere Bhai ambani Institute of Information and communication technology ) with AIEEE rank - 7000(Top 1 percentile )

Work Ex-
(a) 3 and half year in Infosys as system engineer .( some rewards)

(b) Founded an N.G.O in the area of career counselling and conducted seminars in 40 schools for 1 year full time .

(c) for last 2 and half years working as an inspector of customs and excise tax in ministry of finance. ( Worked 1 year in central excise and another in newly formed GST and now in customs )

Extra curricular - average ,some college level awards in college and core team member of college annual festival .

* Got admit in IIM Indore pgdm through CAT 2014(99 percentile ) but could not join due to some family problem .
* Planning to give gmat and have an eye on isb ...

Could you please evaluate my profile...

Posted from my mobile device
Director
Director
P

Show Tags

New post 05 Dec 2018, 03:39
Hello Supgup

The current work profile looks very unique and interesting. It could help you stand out and could potentially be a good story to tell how you managed this switch and what have you achieved in this role.
That said, it also begs the question that why pursue PGP from ISB at all? How does all of this tie in with the long term vision of your career? If you can present that in an organic, realistic and convincing way, you may have a good shot.
Extracurricular activities seem week in their current form.
Needless to say aim for a competitive GMAT score (say 700+ in your case).
Are you planning to apply in R2 this year? That may not be enough time as you haven't still taken the GMAT and applications warrant a few weeks of work, unless you have progressed on the applications already.

Best
Varun Sharma
+919137133507
MBAkarma.com
GMAT Score Predictor
info@mbakarma.com

Supgup wrote:
Hi,

My profile is as follows

Class X - 90% U.P.state board topper

Class XII - 89% secured 11th position in state board

B.TEch- 6.05/10 (Dheere Bhai ambani Institute of Information and communication technology ) with AIEEE rank - 7000(Top 1 percentile )

Work Ex-
(a) 3 and half year in Infosys as system engineer .( some rewards)

(b) Founded an N.G.O in the area of career counselling and conducted seminars in 40 schools for 1 year full time .

(c) for last 2 and half years working as an inspector of customs and excise tax in ministry of finance. ( Worked 1 year in central excise and another in newly formed GST and now in customs )

Extra curricular - average ,some college level awards in college and core team member of college annual festival .

* Got admit in IIM Indore pgdm through CAT 2014(99 percentile ) but could not join due to some family problem .
* Planning to give gmat and have an eye on isb ...

Could you please evaluate my profile...

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 06 Dec 2018, 23:20
Please evaluate my profile

32 Yr Female (Indian)
Mother of 2 year old
Job Experience: 11 years (4.5 years in Sales co-ordination department of an Integrated Steel Plant)+(6.5 years in laboratory management in an integrated steel plant)
Extra curriculars: Three times mentored different teams (total 4) from my organisation towards winning national level quality circle competition
During senior school I was state level winner of painting competition
Graduation: B.E. Metallurgical Engineering from BIT Sindri 79% agregate
10+2: 82% CBSE
10th: 88% ICSE
GMAT yet to appear
Planning for R3

Director
Director
P
Concentration: Operations, International Business
GMAT 1: 690 Q50 V33
GMAT 2: 700 Q50 V33
GMAT 3: 730 Q51 V38
GPA: 4
WE: Information Technology (Consulting)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 07 Dec 2018, 06:13
Hi Experts,
I would like to hear your opinions on my profile, before i start my application, on eligibility and probability of getting accepted (based on my profile, lets keep the essay and interview aside as of now).

Profile:
GMAT: 730 (Q51 V38 AWA6 IR7)

Pros:
Education:
Mechanical Engineering from National institute of technology, Warangal. (6.6 CGPA)
BIE A.P : 91.8%
CBSE : 80.6%

Designation:
Technology Consultant, Adivisory, at PricewaterhouseCoopers pvt. ltd.
Experience:
4 years of experience in IT, including 2.5 years of experience as a software developer in one technology, 1.5 years as IT-Retail Consultant working at client location.
Roles:
Software Developer (Previous company):
Took an initiatives against the boss's and succeeded in increasing the productivity of all the developers and QA Team.
Pitched in and implemented Digital marketing in the projects

Technology Consultant:
*Creating development strategies for four different clients for the developers.
*Together with a team of five guiding and leading a team of 22 support team.
*Working at a client location from past 1.5 years.
*As a Tech Consultant at the client location compels me to act as 1. a business Analyst, analyzing the new implementations and features of the client, pitching in the changes in processes to comply with, and create new initiatives to optimize the project,2. a functional studying the feasibility, discussing the new initiatives, and drawing the timelines for these implementations in ERP projects. 3. a developer, Only in case if the team is in short of developers and the deadline is approaching.4. a Tech support, together with the team of five provide technical support to more than 2800 stores across India.

Cons:
1. An Average IT male for 2.5 years with no consulting or Client facing roles.
2. Risk taker: Quit my job from so called IT male-> increased my network in the consulting background people -> applied for different consulting firms for 2 months -> Interview and On-Boarding process took 3 additional months to board into PwC.
3. Average GMAT score : 730 (Q51, V38, AWA 6.0, IR 7)
4. Low GPA during the college (though without any backlogs) 6.6/10 in Mechanical Engineering.

Short-term goal:
Strategy consultant working on streamlining present business models of the client.

Long-term goal:
Lead Strategy consultant responsible for modeling business strategy for the company's new initiatives.
Director
Director
P

Show Tags

New post 07 Dec 2018, 09:13
Hello Pakhandi

Though there's very little information around your professional work ex, the info shows that your work ex might be quite different from most applicants. This can work in your favor by helping you stand out. However, also focus on career progression, achievements and impact of your work.
Moving on to Extracurricular- not sure if it is extracurricular or a part of your professional experience itself. See if there are other activities too. Again, like work ex, more than a laundry list, your contribution here will matter more.
Past academic scores look decent- what sort of score are you expecting in the GMAT?
Lastly, not mention of your career goals and why you wish to study at ISB. This is going to be the most critical aspect of your application- all the more so because of your professional background and your age- you will be an outlier that means you need to show not only more maturity than most applicants but also a fit with ISB in terms of age, work ex and goals.
So make sure you address all the above along with a high GMAT score- because due to the last moment unanticipated change, no one knows at this stage how tricky or selective R3 is going to be- my guess is not even ISB has a clear answer to that.

Best
Varun Sharma
+919137133507
MBAkarma.com
GMAT Score Predictor
info@mbakarma.com

Pakhandi wrote:

32 Yr Female (Indian)
Mother of 2 year old
Job Experience: 11 years (4.5 years in Sales co-ordination department of an Integrated Steel Plant)+(6.5 years in laboratory management in an integrated steel plant)
Extra curriculars: Three times mentored different teams (total 4) from my organisation towards winning national level quality circle competition
GMAT yet to appear
Planning for R3

Director
Director
P
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 07 Dec 2018, 10:54
MBAkarma

Hi Varun, Can you please take sometime and evaluate my profile. I will be glad to hear an honest evaluation on my profile and guide me on where i can focus during my essays and interviews.

Thank you
Best Regards
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 07 Dec 2018, 22:05
Thanks MBAKarma,
Your feedback and suggestion will help me define my profile in a better way. Will work on that.

MBAkarma wrote:
Hello

Though there's very little information around your professional work ex, the info shows that your work ex might be quite different from most applicants. This can work in your favor by helping you stand out. However, also focus on career progression, achievements and impact of your work.
Moving on to Extracurricular- not sure if it is extracurricular or a part of your professional experience itself. See if there are other activities too. Again, like work ex, more than a laundry list, your contribution here will matter more.
Past academic scores look decent- what sort of score are you expecting in the GMAT?
Lastly, not mention of your career goals and why you wish to study at ISB. This is going to be the most critical aspect of your application- all the more so because of your professional background and your age- you will be an outlier that means you need to show not only more maturity than most applicants but also a fit with ISB in terms of age, work ex and goals.
So make sure you address all the above along with a high GMAT score- because due to the last moment unanticipated change, no one knows at this stage how tricky or selective R3 is going to be- my guess is not even ISB has a clear answer to that.

Best
Varun Sharma
+919137133507

Pakhandi wrote:

32 Yr Female (Indian)
Mother of 2 year old
GMAT yet to appear
Planning for R3

Director
Director
P

Show Tags

New post 08 Dec 2018, 00:56
Hello Nightmare007

Your profile seems to check most boxes- GMAT, Decent past scores (I would not worry too much on the 6.6/10 as your GMAT can compensate for it), Brand on the CV.
Cannot see any extracurricular here though. They are another way to bring some diversity to your profile. The IT tag might be your biggest struggle (but certainly not a deal breaker by any means).
Not sure what your question is around eligibility- with 4 years of work ex and a degree you are eligible of course.
Since you want to hear only on profile- you have all the decent elements (except extracurricular activities) to warrant an interview call.

Best
Varun Sharma
+919137133507
MBAkarma.com
GMAT Score Predictor
info@mbakarma.com

Nightmare007 wrote:
Hi Experts,
I would like to hear your opinions on my profile, before i start my application, on eligibility and probability of getting accepted (based on my profile, lets keep the essay and interview aside as of now).

Profile:

Pros:
Education:
Mechanical Engineering from National institute of technology, Warangal. (6.6 CGPA)

Designation:
Experience:
4 years of experience in IT, including 2.5 years of experience as a software developer in one technology, 1.5 years as IT-Retail Consultant working at client location.
Roles:
Took an initiatives against the boss's and succeeded in increasing the productivity of all the developers and QA Team.

Technology Consultant:
*As a Tech Consultant at the client location compels me to act as 1. a business Analyst, analyzing the new implementations and features of the client, pitching in the changes in processes to comply with, and create new initiatives to optimize the project,2. a functional studying the feasibility, discussing the new initiatives, and drawing the timelines for these implementations in ERP projects. 3. a developer, Only in case if the team is in short of developers and the deadline is approaching.4. a Tech support, together with the team of five provide technical support to more than 2800 stores across India.

Cons:
2. Risk taker: Quit my job from so called IT male-> increased my network in the consulting background people -> applied for different consulting firms for 2 months -> Interview and On-Boarding process took 3 additional months to board into PwC.
4. Low GPA during the college (though without any backlogs) 6.6/10 in Mechanical Engineering.

Short-term goal:
Strategy consultant working on streamlining present business models of the client.

Long-term goal:
Lead Strategy consultant responsible for modeling business strategy for the company's new initiatives.

Director
Director
P
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 08 Dec 2018, 02:06
MBAkarma wrote:
Hello Nightmare007

Your profile seems to check most boxes- GMAT, Decent past scores (I would not worry too much on the 6.6/10 as your GMAT can compensate for it), Brand on the CV.
Cannot see any extracurricular here though. They are another way to bring some diversity to your profile. The IT tag might be your biggest struggle (but certainly not a deal breaker by any means).
Not sure what your question is around eligibility- with 4 years of work ex and a degree you are eligible of course.
Since you want to hear only on profile- you have all the decent elements (except extracurricular activities) to warrant an interview call.

Best
Varun Sharma
+919137133507
MBAkarma.com
GMAT Score Predictor
info@mbakarma.com

Nightmare007 wrote:
Hi Experts,

Profile:

Pros:
Education:

Designation:
Experience:
Roles:

Technology Consultant:

Cons:

Short-term goal:

Long-term goal:

Hi Varun,
I had worked with BHUMI for 1 month spending 72 hours on the rural education survey. I don't know whether i should add it in my essay as it is what most people do and might not be that appealing. Shall i include it ?
GMAT Club Bot
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!   [#permalink] 08 Dec 2018, 02:06

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  117   118   119   120   121  ...  160    Next  [ 3189 posts ] 

ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: LeoN88, warriorguy