GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 20 Oct 2019, 14:36

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Dec 2018, 02:49
Hi! I am a strategy professional working in Electrical & Electronics Product German MNC (Siemens) with 12 years of wrk-ex. My GMAT score is 660 ( Q46/V35).
I have been into different roles throughtout my career- Technical , Business Development and currently in Strategy .
Education details : B.Tech from NIT, Nagpur (6.55 cgpa)
10th (CBSE) 77.2%
12th ( CBSE) 82.1%

Is my GMAT score good enough to apply?
Am I over any upper age limit?

Sent from my SM-G615F using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Manager
Manager
B
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Dec 2018, 07:22
Hi swapnilathaya,

Thanks for sharing your profile.

I am an ISB alum, C014 and have been assisting applicants in their admission journeys since.

Below is my take on your profile :

Academics : Average (GPA is a big negative)
Work Experience : Good
Extra-Curricular : Difficult to comment based on details shared
GMAT Score : Below Average (If you can try increasing score by 20-30 points atleast)

The combination of GMAT score and higher side of work experience puts you slightly on the back foot when it comes to your chances of making the cut. However, what you should focus in telling the ad com how the cohort would benefit from your decade plus years of experience and how you are confident that the ISB PGP and not any executive program will help you achieve your goals.

Please feel free to get in touch with me at arijit.biswas@crackadmission.com and/or +91-9701215544 in case you want a detailed discussion.

Cheers and Best of luck
M| +91-9701215544
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 10 Dec 2018, 02:56
swapnilathaya wrote:
Hi! I am a strategy professional working in Electrical & Electronics Product German MNC (Siemens) with 12 years of wrk-ex. My GMAT score is 660 ( Q46/V35).
I have been into different roles throughtout my career- Technical , Business Development and currently in Strategy .
Education details : B.Tech from NIT, Nagpur (6.55 cgpa)
10th (CBSE) 77.2%
12th ( CBSE) 82.1%

Is my GMAT score good enough to apply?
Am I over any upper age limit?

Hi swapnilathaya

Your GMAT Score is below the average of the ISB classes so far. However, given the number of years of experience and the quality of work experience (depicted through essays) that you bring to the class, GMAT score should not be a deterring factor while applying to ISB. We have worked with candidates, who got an interview call at the same score with 3-5 years of work experience in IT, few other candidates have got in ISB with a score in range of 600-650 as well. in short to answer your specific question, Yes your gmat score is good enough to apply. Moreover, your verbal score is good as compared to folks who generally score more in QA than in Verbal.

Your acads are decent with good credential (NIT Nagpur).

Now the onus lies on you as to how you represent your career growth and story in the essays. Whether you are at an upper limit as far as age is concerned will solely depend on your post MBA goals (both long term and short term) and on the point as to whether you are clear with the need of MBA, there are people in much more age bracket than you you have graduated from ISB. Your clarity in your goals and how ISB PGP fits into the picture is all you have to be clear with. These points have to be bang on and you cannot falter in your essays and while in your interview.

In case you don't plan to re-take GMAT, I strongly suggest that you start working on your essays and apply at this score.

All the Best !

Free Profile Evaluation, Unlimited hours of Essay Consulting & Interview Preparation
Current Student
B
Schools: ISB '19 (A)
WE: Marketing (Internet and New Media)

Show Tags

New post 10 Dec 2018, 03:53
biorevanth wrote:
Hi All,

I am a master degree holder in Biotechnology from a UK University, followed by co-founding a start up company in hyderabad, in 2010. Since then, I have served my company in the capacity of Head/Director - Operations. The company is a CRO (Clinical Research Organisation), which basically provides various services for Pharmaceutical & Biotech Companies. Now I decided to pursue my long term goal of doing an MBA in ISB. I am currently ready to take my GMAT very shortly. But I am not sure if my entrepreneur profile suits the program and if yes, what is the GMAT score I must target? My academics are :
SSC - 86%
+2 - 86%
B.Tech - 70%
In total, I have around 5 years of experience in Operational and Business Development acitvities at my company. Any evaluation would be very much appreciated.

Hi Biorevanth,

I am a current student at ISB. Going by the points mentioned about your profile, I can definitely say you stand a good chance if you want to apply to ISB. A GMAT score above 700 would augment your chances by a considerable amount. Please feel free to reach out to me at siddarth4984@gmail.com for any further query.

Regards
Siddharth Maheshwari
LinkedIn
https://www.linkedin.com/in/siddharth-maheshwari/
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: ISB

Show Tags

New post 10 Dec 2018, 04:44
Hi all! Could you please evaluate my profile for the ISB YLP program?
Here's my profile summary:
10th-96.8%
12th-95% (Science)
UG: BSc. Economics(H) from a top college in India. CGPA- 7.85(aiming to bring it up to 8)
GMAT/GRE: Not taken yet.
Extra Curricular:
Class Rep for the 1st year of college.
Editor-in-chief of the departmental magazine.
Organised events for the college fest.
Runners up in a paper presentation event.
Volunteering in a leading NGO in the city.
CFA Level I cleared with top grades.
Do I have a decent chance of getting in ? What GMAT/GRE score should I target? And what else should I do to enhance my profile?
Looking forward to hearing from y'all! Thanks!
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 10 Dec 2018, 04:51
My profile
Rahul Deshmukh
10th: 78
12th: 73
Ug:72 B. M. S. Mumbai university
Gmat:720
Ielts:7.5
completed frm exam 1

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 10 Dec 2018, 05:00
Ari269 wrote:
Hi all! Could you please evaluate my profile for the ISB YLP program?
Here's my profile summary:
10th-96.8%
12th-95% (Science)
UG: BSc. Economics(H) from a top college in India. CGPA- 7.85(aiming to bring it up to 8)
GMAT/GRE: Not taken yet.
Extra Curricular:
Class Rep for the 1st year of college.
Editor-in-chief of the departmental magazine.
Organised events for the college fest.
Runners up in a paper presentation event.
Volunteering in a leading NGO in the city.
CFA Level I cleared with top grades.
Do I have a decent chance of getting in ? What GMAT/GRE score should I target? And what else should I do to enhance my profile?
Looking forward to hearing from y'all! Thanks!

Hi Ari269

Thanks for sharing your profile.

Your acads so far are decent with 10+2 above average. Given you are studying in a top college in India is a strong cv point.

Having CFA Level 1 with top grades is a huge plus point. Further, with your engagement(s) in extra curricular and co-curricular activities form a good profile to showcase your learning(s) from each of these experience(s) and how these experiences have helped you grow as an individual, management skills.

You have a very decent chance to get in given you can tie in as to how ISB YLP in your career path will help to achieve your post MBA goals. Since, you are CFA L1, I assume that you have an inclination towards finance domain.

As far as GMAT/GRE score is concerned, the higher the better :) any score 720+ in GMAT and 320+ in GRE is a good to go score for you.

Focus on GMAT and on building your resume. What you do in those 2 years of work exp before the class at ISB also holds importance and if you have a clarity on that as well...nothing better than that.

Please feel free to reach out for any additional queries.

All the Best !

Free Profile Evaluation, Unlimited hours of Essay Consulting & Interview Preparation
Manager
Manager
S
Concentration: Operations, Other
GMAT 1: 660 Q43 V38
GPA: 4
WE: Operations (Transportation)
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 10 Dec 2018, 05:29
Hello,
i would be grateful if some advise could be provided on basis of my current profile:
Acad:
10th: 88% (ICSE) (2005)
12th: 79% (ISC)(2007)
UG: B.Sc (Nautical Sciences) 71%(first div) Mumbai University- TS CHANAKYA(2008-2011)
GMAT 1: 660(Q43/V38/IR5) (wil be appearing again next year before application)

Professional background:
Total WE: 6+(applying for 2020 class) in Merchant Navy on cargo ships (foreign going)
Current rank : Second navigating Officer (current sailing exp: 10 months)(2016-2018)
Previous Ranks: Third navigating Officer (16 months sailing exp)(2014-2016)
Training navigating officer (12 months sailing exp)(2012-2014)

Extra- Curriculars:
- Head of Literary Committee in college (Third year)(2010-2011)
- member of Literary Committee in college(First & Second Year- 2008-2010)
- Editor of college magazine & Wall magazine
- Head of college fest organizers in third year
- Member of college fest committee in first & Second year
- Organised various cultural events throughout the college tenure
- Various achievements at school level in olympiads and competitions
- Member of NGOs such as Bhumi & Green peace

Future Goal:
To work as operations manager with Amazon/OYO/RIVIGO/Paytm and others.

I am well aware that i would need 700+ for a call but would like to know how much is really needed and what else can i do for an admit?
Director
Director
P
Affiliations: one MBA coach
Schools: HBS, INSEAD, HEC, ISB, Rotman, IIMA , IIM, EDHEC
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.75

Show Tags

New post 11 Dec 2018, 04:12
Hello kumar Utkarsh

Your merchant navy background brings diversity to the class. We've seen merchant navy officers get in with a 640 score too (do not let that make you complacent as GMAT is just one factor and by all means go ahead and target a 700 to further strengthen your chances)
Past scores are decent, so are extracurricular and your future goals look sorted (clear, organic and realistic).
The key for you is tying in all of the above well in your essays- if you do that you have a strong shot at ISB.

Best
Varun Sharma
+919137133507
MBAkarma.com
GMAT Score Predictor
info@mbakarma.com

Kumar Utkarsh wrote:
Hello,
i would be grateful if some advise could be provided on basis of my current profile:
Acad:
UG: B.Sc (Nautical Sciences) 71%(first div) Mumbai University- TS CHANAKYA(2008-2011)

Professional background:
Total WE: 6+(applying for 2020 class) in Merchant Navy on cargo ships (foreign going)
Current rank : Second navigating Officer (current sailing exp: 10 months)(2016-2018)

Extra- Curriculars:

Future Goal:

I am well aware that i would need 700+ for a call but would like to know how much is really needed and what else can i do for an admit?

Manager
Manager
S
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 11 Dec 2018, 04:24
MBAkarma wrote:
Hello kumar Utkarsh

Your merchant navy background brings diversity to the class. We've seen merchant navy officers get in with a 640 score too (do not let that make you complacent as GMAT is just one factor and by all means go ahead and target a 700 to further strengthen your chances)
Past scores are decent, so are extracurricular and your future goals look sorted (clear, organic and realistic).
The key for you is tying in all of the above well in your essays- if you do that you have a strong shot at ISB.

Best
Varun Sharma
+919137133507
MBAkarma.com
GMAT Score Predictor
info@mbakarma.com

Kumar Utkarsh wrote:
Hello,
Acad:

Professional background:

Extra- Curriculars:

Future Goal:

hello sir,
Good Day.

Thank you for such an encouraging reply. I would certainly try my best to get a 700+ score. My another concern is regarding the WE. I guess WE nearing 4-5 years is something what ISB appreciates but mine is exceeding 6, so to what extent it hampers my chances and how can i justify this excess of WE.

Thanks & Best Regards
Kumar Utkarsh
Director
Director
P

Show Tags

New post 11 Dec 2018, 04:59
My friend the 'Average' work ex is 5 years. That means there are people with 2 year and 10+ years of work ex in the class.
6 years of work ex is in the sweet spot and I wouldn't worry at all about it. Spend more time on your GMAT and developing a strong application instead.

Best
Varun Sharma
+919137133507
MBAkarma.com
GMAT Score Predictor
info@mbakarma.com

Kumar Utkarsh wrote:
MBAkarma wrote:
Hello kumar Utkarsh

Best
Varun Sharma
+919137133507
MBAkarma.com
GMAT Score Predictor
info@mbakarma.com

Kumar Utkarsh wrote:
Hello,
Acad:

Professional background:

Extra- Curriculars:

Future Goal:

hello sir,
Good Day.

Thank you for such an encouraging reply. I would certainly try my best to get a 700+ score. My another concern is regarding the WE. I guess WE nearing 4-5 years is something what ISB appreciates but mine is exceeding 6, so to what extent it hampers my chances and how can i justify this excess of WE.

Thanks & Best Regards
Kumar Utkarsh

Manager
Manager
S
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 11 Dec 2018, 05:05
[quote="MBAkarma"]My friend the 'Average' work ex is 5 years. That means there are people with 2 year and 10+ years of work ex in the class.
6 years of work ex is in the sweet spot and I wouldn't worry at all about it. Spend more time on your GMAT and developing a strong application instead.

Best
Varun Sharma
+919137133507
MBAkarma.com
GMAT Score Predictor
info@mbakarma.com

Hello sir,
Good day.

Thank you for resolving my query. i would certainly try to improve my GMAT score and then build a competitive application.

Thanks & Best Regards
Kumar Utkarsh
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 12 Dec 2018, 06:55
Hi,
Keeping aside profile for a second and assuming I have a decent tech profile and all other things being same, which of the following puts me in a better standing for ISB.

A GMAT of 680 (Q47, V36) or a GRE of 321 (Q161, V160).

Thanks,
Neil.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
Schools: Rotman '21
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V34
GPA: 3.51

Show Tags

New post 18 Dec 2018, 08:50
Hello,

Could someone please help evaluate my profile and suggest what I can improve on before I submit my application.

Applying during R3

Education: Masters in Industrial Engineer, NC State, Raleigh, USA. 3.51/4
Bachelors in Mechanical Engineer Anna University, India 79%

Current Role: Senior Quality Compliance Engineer
Work Ex: 5.8 years with Schneider Electric USA in various Operations Roles(Supervisor, Manufacturing Engineer, Quality Engineer)

Extra Curricular: Chapter Leader for a popular Non profit (2016)
Volleyball coach for a local high school girls team
Cricket player

Post MBA Goals:
To get into Operations Consulting/Management Consulting in Canada(I am a Canadian PR and want to moe there post the MBA)

GMAT: 690(49Q+34V)

Thank You in advance for your perusal of my profile.

Kind Regards
Current Student
B
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GPA: 3.04
WE: Engineering (Transportation)

Show Tags

New post 18 Dec 2018, 09:05
sanjeevsanthanam wrote:
Hello,

Could someone please help evaluate my profile and suggest what I can improve on before I submit my application.

Applying during R3

Education: Masters in Industrial Engineer, NC State, Raleigh, USA. 3.51/4
Bachelors in Mechanical Engineer Anna University, India 79%

Current Role: Senior Quality Compliance Engineer
Work Ex: 5.8 years with Schneider Electric USA in various Operations Roles(Supervisor, Manufacturing Engineer, Quality Engineer)

Extra Curricular: Chapter Leader for a popular Non profit (2016)
Volleyball coach for a local high school girls team
Cricket player

Post MBA Goals:
To get into Operations Consulting/Management Consulting in Canada(I am a Canadian PR and want to moe there post the MBA)

GMAT: 690(49Q+34V)

Thank You in advance for your perusal of my profile.

Kind Regards

Hi Sanjeev,

Just want to understand this. You are working in USA and want to move to Canada post MBA. Wouldn't a Canadian MBA make more sense then? How does ISB come into picture?
Intern
Intern
Schools: Rotman '21
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V34
GPA: 3.51
ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Dec 2018, 11:46
Hi Tush1992,

You are correct, if I were to stay back in Canada the Canadian MBA makes more sense, but I want the flexibility of advanced career growth outside Canada(Middle east or India) thus the question about ISB.

Moreover from what I have learn't, a Canadian MBA(Queens/IVEY) will not get me far outside Canada, USA included. That is why I am looking for a better brand .
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 680 Q47 V38
GRE 1: Q170 V170
WE: Other (Non-Profit and Government)

Show Tags

New post 19 Dec 2018, 03:33
Hi Friends,

Please evaluate my profile.

I am 31 years old. I have 9+ years of work experience in the Government of India as a Gazetted Officer. I was selected in my current post with rank 47 in the All India Examination with over 3 lakh candidates. I have in past conducted 4 elections in Delhi as a central part of the ELection Team. I have also audited major Companies of the Government of India. Currently, I am in the International Relations division of my office looking towards fostering a strong relationship of my organisation with the concerned organisations of the World.

I have pursued B. CoM from the University of Delhi and have a Post Graduate Diploma in International Marketing from the University of Delhi. I was adjudged as the Best Student of the Year in my college and have also held various leadership positions in my college.

I love travelling and have visited 12 countries till date.

My GMAT score is 680.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 19 Dec 2018, 03:43
Hi,

- B.E (Mechanical) – 69% ( VTU,Belgaum)
(Final year project on ‘design and Fabrication of Wind Tunnel’ sponsored by IISc, Bangalore)
- Class XII – 83% (Karnataka state board)
- Class X – 89.28 % (Karnataka state board)

Work Experience – 4 years
1. EA / First AD to the Business Head of Colors Kannada Cluster, VIACOM18 Media Pvt Ltd.
(October, 2017 – Till date)

- Responsible for the ‘Commoners’ casting for BIgg Boss season 6.
- Creatively involved in the Revamp of Colors super channel which was spearheaded by the campaign title ‘June tingalu Super tingalu’ in which 8 new TV shows for successfully launched.
- Responsible for the Content Analysis of shows of Regional and International market for the study of Business Head.
- Creatively contributing in the ideation of new stories.
- Mentoring new writers.

2. Sales Engineer at AT India Autoparts Pvt Ltd ( A subsidiary of Toyota Motor Corporation, Japan)
- Was responsible for handling the key accounts of Customers like Toyota Kirloskar Motors and Toyota Kirloskar Autoparts
- Making sales plan for the review by Business head
- Responsible for New Business Development in the South Market

3. Area Sales Manager at Kirloskar Oil engines ltd, Pune
- Responsible for sales of Diesel Engines in Off- Highway segment in Southern India
- Independently handling a business with a sales turnover of over Rs.135 crore, catering to a customer base consisting of major OEMs of earthmoving/construction/material handling equipments and Industrial Engines Distributors.
- Conducting Market research for new business development

Please help me know if am eligible to apply for ISB and what score should i aim for.

Thank you so much!
Director
Director
P

Show Tags

New post 19 Dec 2018, 08:33
Hello sahejghai

While your work profile is interesting and unique for ISB, what will matter the most are your career goals and how they fit with ISB.
Looking at your age (which is an outlier) and different work ex, not sure what your long term goals are and why the need to pursue PGP.
If you have strong reasons and can communicate that well you have a good chance of getting shortlisted for the interview.
However, now that R2 is over, we do not know how selective R3 is going to be as this is the first time ISB has added this round.

Best
Varun Sharma
+919137133507
MBAkarma.com
GMAT Score Predictor
info@mbakarma.com

sahejghai wrote:
Hi Friends,

I am 31 years old. I have 9+ years of work experience in the Government of India as a Gazetted Officer. I was selected in my current post with rank 47 in the All India Examination with over 3 lakh candidates. I have in past conducted 4 elections in Delhi as a central part of the ELection Team. I have also audited major Companies of the Government of India. Currently, I am in the International Relations division of my office looking towards fostering a strong relationship of my organisation with the concerned organisations of the World.

I have pursued B. CoM from the University of Delhi and have a Post Graduate Diploma in International Marketing from the University of Delhi. I was adjudged as the Best Student of the Year in my college and have also held various leadership positions in my college.

I love travelling and have visited 12 countries till date.

My GMAT score is 680.

Director
Director
P

Show Tags

New post 19 Dec 2018, 08:36
Hello med3003

Very different profile indeed.
While even a 680 could give someone like you a good chance at ISB, presenting a realistic picture of career goals will be key to your application.
Since your profile is different, and you do not come from 'feeder' profiles, ISB would look at your career goals and the rationale and ability to reach these goals post ISB.

Best
Varun Sharma
+919137133507
MBAkarma.com
GMAT Score Predictor
info@mbakarma.com

med3003 wrote:
Hi,

- B.E (Mechanical) – 69% ( VTU,Belgaum)
(Final year project on ‘design and Fabrication of Wind Tunnel’ sponsored by IISc, Bangalore)
- Class XII – 83% (Karnataka state board)
- Class X – 89.28 % (Karnataka state board)

Work Experience – 4 years
1. EA / First AD to the Business Head of Colors Kannada Cluster, VIACOM18 Media Pvt Ltd.
(October, 2017 – Till date)

- Responsible for the ‘Commoners’ casting for BIgg Boss season 6.
- Creatively involved in the Revamp of Colors super channel which was spearheaded by the campaign title ‘June tingalu Super tingalu’ in which 8 new TV shows for successfully launched.
- Responsible for the Content Analysis of shows of Regional and International market for the study of Business Head.
- Creatively contributing in the ideation of new stories.
- Mentoring new writers.

2. Sales Engineer at AT India Autoparts Pvt Ltd ( A subsidiary of Toyota Motor Corporation, Japan)
- Was responsible for handling the key accounts of Customers like Toyota Kirloskar Motors and Toyota Kirloskar Autoparts
- Making sales plan for the review by Business head
- Responsible for New Business Development in the South Market

3. Area Sales Manager at Kirloskar Oil engines ltd, Pune
- Responsible for sales of Diesel Engines in Off- Highway segment in Southern India
- Independently handling a business with a sales turnover of over Rs.135 crore, catering to a customer base consisting of major OEMs of earthmoving/construction/material handling equipments and Industrial Engines Distributors.
- Conducting Market research for new business development

Please help me know if am eligible to apply for ISB and what score should i aim for.

Thank you so much!

GMAT Club Bot
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!   [#permalink] 19 Dec 2018, 08:36

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  118   119   120   121   122  ...  160    Next  [ 3189 posts ] 

ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: LeoN88, warriorguy