GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 21 Jan 2019, 16:20

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel
Events & Promotions in January
PrevNext
SuMoTuWeThFrSa
Open Detailed Calendar
  • Leadership in Admissions

January 23, 2019

January 23, 2019

10:00 PM PST

11:00 PM PST

Learn how to portray yourself as a leader in your MBA applications when you download this free guide!
  • No Stone Unturned: Your 2019/2020 MBA Application Starts Now!

January 24, 2019

January 24, 2019

09:00 PM EST

10:00 PM EST

Planning to apply to business school in 2019 or 2020? It is not too early to start planning! By taking action now, you can dramatically improve your chances of gaining admission to a top MBA program.

ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: ISB '20 (A)
Reviews Badge
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Dec 2018, 00:22
I would say that you have a very strong chance.

Emphasize a lot on your global experience, ISB really values it.

All the best!

sanjeevsanthanam wrote:
Hello,

Could someone please help evaluate my profile and suggest what I can improve on before I submit my application.

Applying during R3

Education: Masters in Industrial Engineer, NC State, Raleigh, USA. 3.51/4
Bachelors in Mechanical Engineer Anna University, India 79%

Current Role: Senior Quality Compliance Engineer
Work Ex: 5.8 years with Schneider Electric USA in various Operations Roles(Supervisor, Manufacturing Engineer, Quality Engineer)

Extra Curricular: Chapter Leader for a popular Non profit (2016)
Volleyball coach for a local high school girls team
Cricket player

Post MBA Goals:
To get into Operations Consulting/Management Consulting in Canada(I am a Canadian PR and want to moe there post the MBA)

GMAT: 690(49Q+34V)

Thank You in advance for your perusal of my profile.

Kind Regards
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: ISB '20 (A)
Reviews Badge
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Dec 2018, 00:25
sahejghai wrote:
MBAkarma wrote:
Post subject: Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!

Thank You for the feedback. I am concerned about the 680 score. Is it too less for ISB?

While several admits do happen at your score, yes, the score should be a concern but not a deterrent. Improve your score if you still can but apply nonetheless, with a strong application.
Experts' Global Representative
B
ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Dec 2018, 23:18
sahejghai wrote:
Hi Friends,

Please evaluate my profile.

I am 31 years old. I have 9+ years of work experience in the Government of India as a Gazetted Officer. I was selected in my current post with rank 47 in the All India Examination with over 3 lakh candidates. I have in past conducted 4 elections in Delhi as a central part of the ELection Team. I have also audited major Companies of the Government of India. Currently, I am in the International Relations division of my office looking towards fostering a strong relationship of my organisation with the concerned organisations of the World.

I have pursued B. CoM from the University of Delhi and have a Post Graduate Diploma in International Marketing from the University of Delhi. I was adjudged as the Best Student of the Year in my college and have also held various leadership positions in my college.

I love travelling and have visited 12 countries till date.

My GMAT score is 680.

Hi sahejghai,

Thanks for your query.

While your work experience and age will be on the higher side of that of the applicant pool, your differentiated experience will definitely hold value. A lot, however, depends on how well you portray your profile, demonstrate the need for an MBA, and most importantly, elaborate on your career goals. The career goals must be in strong sync with your existing profile. With a set of well-crafted essays (which, address each of the above pointers), we are confident that you have a good shot at receiving an interview call.

The following video will be helpful:

Should you need further clarity, feel free to reach out.

All the best!

Experts' Global
Students from 20+ nationalities
Every 10th Indian in US top 50 is our student!
$ 2Mn+ Scholarship Each Year Since 2010!
GMAT Prep | MBA Admissions Consulting | MBA Interview Preparation

Experts' Global Representative
B

Show Tags

New post 25 Dec 2018, 23:29
med3003 wrote:
Hi,

- B.E (Mechanical) – 69% ( VTU,Belgaum)
(Final year project on ‘design and Fabrication of Wind Tunnel’ sponsored by IISc, Bangalore)
- Class XII – 83% (Karnataka state board)
- Class X – 89.28 % (Karnataka state board)

Work Experience – 4 years
1. EA / First AD to the Business Head of Colors Kannada Cluster, VIACOM18 Media Pvt Ltd.
(October, 2017 – Till date)

- Responsible for the ‘Commoners’ casting for BIgg Boss season 6.
- Creatively involved in the Revamp of Colors super channel which was spearheaded by the campaign title ‘June tingalu Super tingalu’ in which 8 new TV shows for successfully launched.
- Responsible for the Content Analysis of shows of Regional and International market for the study of Business Head.
- Creatively contributing in the ideation of new stories.
- Mentoring new writers.

2. Sales Engineer at AT India Autoparts Pvt Ltd ( A subsidiary of Toyota Motor Corporation, Japan)
- Was responsible for handling the key accounts of Customers like Toyota Kirloskar Motors and Toyota Kirloskar Autoparts
- Making sales plan for the review by Business head
- Responsible for New Business Development in the South Market

3. Area Sales Manager at Kirloskar Oil engines ltd, Pune
- Responsible for sales of Diesel Engines in Off- Highway segment in Southern India
- Independently handling a business with a sales turnover of over Rs.135 crore, catering to a customer base consisting of major OEMs of earthmoving/construction/material handling equipments and Industrial Engines Distributors.
- Conducting Market research for new business development

Please help me know if am eligible to apply for ISB and what score should i aim for.

Thank you so much!

Hello med3003,

Thanks for writing in :-)

You definitely have a profile differentiated from the majority of the applicant pool. However, what is particularly essential in your case is to establish how you see your career headed after the PGP (in short, your career goals). The following video will be helpful in this regard and will help you put forth a set of well-rounded essays that highlight your strengths and accentuate your motivation for PGP:

With regard to GMAT, try aiming for a 690-700 atleast. It would still be under the average at ISB but (in light of your profile) should help you garner an interview call.

Should you feel the need for a detailed discussion, please do not hesitate to get in touch.

Many Thanks!

Experts' Global
Students from 20+ nationalities
Every 10th Indian in US top 50 is our student!
$ 2Mn+ Scholarship Each Year Since 2010!
GMAT Prep | MBA Admissions Consulting | MBA Interview Preparation

Manager
Manager
G
Premium Member Reviews Badge
ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Dec 2018, 19:55
Please evaluate my profile and if its worthy to apply for R3
Work exp-5 years
Worked in IT( Business Intelligence - Visulaisation tools and ETL) at MNC
X-85
XII-86
BTECH-81
GRE-315

--If you like my post pls give kudos

Intern
Intern
B
Schools: ISB '20 (S)
GMAT 1: 680 Q50 V32

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 07 Jan 2019, 07:51
Please help with my profile evaluation! (bumping up the post for any response)

GMAT - 680
10th - 92%
12th - 96%
Undergrad - 6 CGPA with Masters in Mathematics at BITS Pilani (high number of C's and D's on the transcripts)

Experience : 5.5 years YTD

Worked at 2 startups till date, joining as an early member at both of them. Worked in research consulting space and eventually had the opportunity to manage global VC clients and Fortune 500 CIOs. At the first startup, I hired and managed a team of 8 analysts to manage the clients deliverables and team development. Was a core member of a micro-fund where I was responsible for diligence and competitor analysis of 10+ startups across several industries - analysis carried out for investment purposes.

Also, was the core team member to build an Angel syndicate from scratch and grew it to 4000+ network across India.

Joining as an early member at the second startup, was responsible at hiring an analyst team, setting up the product roadmap and collaborate with the technology team to don the hat of a product manager for the development of the SaaS platform. Released several industry reports on several technologies. One of them was released by IT Minister of Karnataka, Priyank Kharge at Bangalore Tech Summit event. Till date, I was responsible for generating $600k+ in revenue from Healthcare clients.

Awards / accolades : Several promotions and core-member roles in the first startup, but it was not a 'recognizing/awarding' culture. Won several accolades as the team member of month / quarter for my contributions to the fast growth and development of the organization and the SaaS product in the 2nd startup.

Career goals:

Management consultant role would fit well provided my experience in understanding both the innovative startup solutions and business challenges that various Fortune companies are facing currently. I envision to start out as a generalist, but eventually develop an industry expertise in verticals like Education and Healthcare. In the long-term my ambition is to join an impact initiative in the education space or start one myself. Before that, would like to get the relevant industry exposure to develop my understanding of these verticals.

Extracurriculars:

- Volleyball team member and captain in final year during undergrad at BITS Pilani
- Cultural secretary of a regional association on campus. Was responsible for organizing 2 major cultural events of the association.
- Several performances as a Violinist during schooling and undergrad
- Coordination of a Creative Activities Club. Was responsible for managing team projects, organizing events during cultural fests on campus and fund management for the club activities.
- Active member of the BITS Sparks committee where I helped in the fundraising activities of several campus based projects

Why ISB ?

The ecosystem is growing leaps and bounds in India. It would be exciting to witness this growth and be part of it first-hand rather than go away abroad to earn $$. So staying back in India, taking a shot at working in the consulting industry : as business problem solving, market research, evidence based corporate strategy and long working hours have been the norm for the past 5 years.

Thank you very much for your time!
S

Originally posted by sivasbanda on 03 Jan 2019, 01:17.
Last edited by sivasbanda on 07 Jan 2019, 07:51, edited 2 times in total.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 03 Jan 2019, 03:36
Profile:
Graduation: Bachelor of Engineering
Last year:75%
Last two year:69%
Overall: 62%
GRE: 301
IELTS: 7.0 orverall
Work exp: 4+ years- Consulting and Strategy

Plethora of Extra activities (Leadership)
Entrepreneurship exp: Founder of a Startup

Will I be a good fit ?
SVP
SVP
G
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V48
GRE 1: Q800 V740

Show Tags

New post 03 Jan 2019, 03:39
Top Contributor
abhas1992 wrote:
Profile:
Graduation: Bachelor of Engineering
Last year:75%
Last two year:69%
Overall: 62%
GRE: 301
IELTS: 7.0 orverall
Work exp: 4+ years- Consulting and Strategy

Plethora of Extra activities (Leadership)
Entrepreneurship exp: Founder of a Startup

Will I be a good fit ?

The rest looks decent, but the GRE is a red flag - need to increase it by at least 15 points.

GyanOne | Top MBA Rankings and MBA Admissions Blog

Top MBA Admissions Consulting | Top MiM Admissions Consulting

Premium MBA Essay Review|Best MBA Interview Preparation|Exclusive GMAT coaching

Get a FREE Detailed MBA Profile Evaluation | Call us now +91 98998 31738

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 03 Jan 2019, 03:41
I got 2 admits so far from Canadian B school -
Asper school of Business- University of Manitoba
Goodman School of Business(ISP)- Brock University

Any Idea about these ?
Admission Consultant
P

Show Tags

New post 03 Jan 2019, 04:25
abhas1992 wrote:
I got 2 admits so far from Canadian B school -
Asper school of Business- University of Manitoba
Goodman School of Business(ISP)- Brock University

Any Idea about these ?

Unless you wish to work in Canada, I'd say a better ranked MBA is always better. In this case, its ISB. However as pointed above, your GRE will be low for ISB.

Namita Garg,
http://www.mbadecoder.com
Contact us at: contact@mbadecoder.com

Our new book on AMAZON Kindle: THE MOST DEFINITIVE GUIDE FOR MBA INTERVIEW PREPARATION

Admission Consultant
P

Show Tags

New post 03 Jan 2019, 04:29
tejyr wrote:
Please evaluate my profile and if its worthy to apply for R3
Work exp-5 years
Worked in IT( Business Intelligence - Visulaisation tools and ETL) at MNC
X-85
XII-86
BTECH-81
GRE-315

Hi Tejyr,
The ISB essays are based on your unique profile and how will you'd contribute. The information above doesn't give us a great idea about that. SO its gonna be hard to say whether you should apply now. Give us more details about your work experience and achievements

Namita Garg,

Our new book on AMAZON Kindle: THE MOST DEFINITIVE GUIDE FOR MBA INTERVIEW PREPARATION

Intern
Intern
B
Please Evaluate profile  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Jan 2019, 04:34
Hi,

Please evaluate my profile:

Female Indian
My GMAT score is 680(Q49 V34).
Have 4.5+ years of Experience in Accenture as Senior software engineer.
64.4% in Graduation(BTECH Computer Science)
73% in class 12th
82% in class 10th
Admission Consultant
P
Re: Please Evaluate profile  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Jan 2019, 04:43
Pranati05 wrote:
Hi,

Female Indian
73% in class 12th
82% in class 10th

Hi Pranati,

I'd like to know more about your profile -especially about your work experience and achievements. You belong to the most common application pool, so it would be very important to differentiate yourself from the other applicants with similar profiles. And that's where the uniqueness of your profile, represented largely by your work experience would help.

Namita Garg,

Intern
Intern
B
Re: Please Evaluate profile  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Jan 2019, 05:50
Hi Namitha,

I have done internship in Accenture from April'14 to Aug'14. From August'14 I became a permanent employee and worked in technical support team for a project called finance and operations. The project has operations, development,deployment,testing and support team.
We coordinated with various teams to fix issues in the live production environment. I worked on ASP.net,SQL, MS tools like Excel and power points, and ASP.net.
I took various training for new comers in the project. I also was leading a team of 7-10 members to fix the issues.

I was awarded star performer award, Accenture celebrate performance award and various monetary points as appreciation of my work.
We work and coordinate with various clients and operation teams based in multiple global locations like US, Europe,China, Indonesia and Australia.

I also organised and hosted various events for project as well as Accenture at national level.

I have played volleyball in college and got 1st position in IIT Kanpur(2010 and 2013) and IIT BHU(2013).

MBADecoder wrote:
Pranati05 wrote:
Hi,

Female Indian
73% in class 12th
82% in class 10th

Hi Pranati,

I'd like to know more about your profile -especially about your work experience and achievements. You belong to the most common application pool, so it would be very important to differentiate yourself from the other applicants with similar profiles. And that's where the uniqueness of your profile, represented largely by your work experience would help.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 05 Jan 2019, 19:59

I am 32 year old Male. I have more than 7 years of experience, the profile is as under:

- B.E (Electronics and Telecommunication) – 8.4 CPI
- Class XII – 81% (CBSE)
- Class X – 78.6 % (CBSE)

GMAT Score : 660 (Q47 V34)

Work experience: IT - 2 Years
PSU Bank : 5+ Years with 2 years as Manager

Drop Years: Almost 2 Years
Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 05 Jan 2019, 22:16
Dear abhinavsharma2111,
Hope you are doing well.
This is with reference to your profile, which you posted on the forum. I am an ISB alum, C014 and have been assisting applicants in their admission journeys since.
Below is my evaluation of your profile :
Work Experience : Average
Academics : Average
GMAT : Below Average
Extracurricular : Unable to comment based on information provided
Overall, I feel that you will need to compensate your lower than average GMAT score with a well crafted application highlighting what will you add to the ISB cohort based on your experiences. The ad com will also be interested in understanding how do you foresee your career progressing post the PGP and how will your previous unrelated experiences in IT and PSU banking help you get to to your desired short term goal.
Please feel free to get in touch with me at arijit.biswas@crackadmission.com and/or 9701215544 in case you want a detailed discussion or need professional assistance.
Cheers and Best of luck

Thanks and Regards,
Arijit Biswas
Founder, CrackAdmission
M| +91-9701215544

Intern
Intern
B
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 06 Jan 2019, 03:48
Hi,

CrackAdmission MBADecoder ExpertsGlobal

Can anybody please evaluate my profile and tell me about my chances of getting in?

10th - 92 (CBSE)
12th- 86 (Maharashtra Board)
BTech- 8.31 CGPA from 2nd best college in Pune (VIT)
Experience- 3.5 years of experience in IT at a Fortune 500 company.
GMAT- 690 (Q49 V34) IR-8 AWA-5
Achievements- Won award for the best team of the year.
Extracurricular- Won an 8ball (Pool tournament), Worked as a teacher in Northeastern parts of India (Arunachal, Assam, Meghalaya) for 2 months, Marketing manager in college (led a team of 5 people).

I'm applying to ISB in R3. What are my chances?

Regards,
Hrusheekesh Joshi
Director
Director
P
Affiliations: one MBA coach
Schools: HBS, INSEAD, HEC, ISB, Rotman, IIMA , IIM, EDHEC
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.75

Show Tags

New post 06 Jan 2019, 04:04
Hello HrusheekeshJoshi

While your past academic scores seem decent, the GMAT score seems low considering you belong to the over-represented and competitive pool of IT Applicants.
ISB has added R3 for the first time and it will be safe to assume that the round is going to be highly selective.
With several IT applicants already admitted in R1, R1.5 (deferred GMAT) and R2- the chances of IT applicants with low GMAT getting in in R3 might be bleak.
That is, unless you have something stellar in your profile to compensate for the lack of industry diversity and low GMAT.
Though Extracurricular seem interesting, but work wise and in terms of extracurricular there is not enough 'qualitative' information to gauge whether you will be able to truly stand out.
With 3.5 years of work ex, you are not under time pressure and might be better suited to apply for the next intake.
This will not only give you enough time to retake and improve the GMAT but also work on other areas of your profile and more importantly the written application.
Look at it this way, there are just 6 months to go for the deadline- take away 3 months for GMAT prep and 2-3 months for the written application (assuming you take the smart decision of applying to more than one B School).

Best
Varun Sharma
+919137133507
MBAkarma.com
GMAT Score Predictor
info@mbakarma.com

HrusheekeshJoshi wrote:
Hi,

CrackAdmission MBADecoder ExpertsGlobal

Can anybody please evaluate my profile and tell me about my chances of getting in?

10th - 92 (CBSE)
12th- 86 (Maharashtra Board)
BTech- 8.31 CGPA from 2nd best college in Pune (VIT)
Experience- 3.5 years of experience in IT at a Fortune 500 company.
GMAT- 690 (Q49 V34) IR-8 AWA-5
Achievements- Won award for the best team of the year.
Extracurricular- Won an 8ball (Pool tournament), Worked as a teacher in Northeastern parts of India (Arunachal, Assam, Meghalaya) for 2 months, Marketing manager in college (led a team of 5 people).

I'm applying to ISB in R3. What are my chances?

Regards,
Hrusheekesh Joshi

Varun Sharma
MBAkarma.com
info (at) MBAkarma (dot) com

Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 06 Jan 2019, 10:35
Dear HrusheekeshJoshi,
Thank you for sharing your profile.
Your profile falls in the highly competitive pool of IT applicants from non-tier 1 engineering colleges in India. Coupled with your lower than average GMAT score, your chances of grabbing the attention of the adcom depends a lot on how you portray your work experience in the application.
I would recommend that you emphasize on the uniqueness of your career by virtue of showing business impact and not just limit to your technical prowess. One good way to do this would be to draw a before – after scenarios of the business operations of the IT company because of the technology you created. Ad coms usually have a preconceived notion that applicants from IT backgrounds do not get sufficient exposure to leadership/managerial roles in their career. You will need to demonstrate how you took up leadership roles and initiatives in your organization.
Last but not the least; do not get into the trap of mentioning a non-realistic post MBA career goal. Rather you will need to show how the MBA program from ISB will complement your past experience to help you get a role, which is a natural extension of the career you have had so far.
Overall with a high impact application, you have a shot at getting an interview invite.
Please feel free to reach out to me at arijit.biswas@crackadmission.com / +91-9701215544 in case you need any professional assistance.
Cheers and Best of Luck!

Thanks and Regards,
Arijit Biswas
Founder, CrackAdmission
M| +91-9701215544

Intern
Intern
What score should I target for my profile  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Jan 2019, 20:18
Hi Guys

This is Vinay from Nashville, USA
My profile inshort
7 yrs Exp in IT working for TCS, presently QA Lead (5 yrs in India, 2yrs in USA)

SSC 85%
Inter 88.4%
Engineering: EEE(FirstClass+Distinction)

I actually tried GMAT 3 years back but had to move USA for work asssignment. I want to pursue my MBA dream now. Can you let me know how good are my chances for 1 yr course in ISB , IIMA,B,C,L ?
How much GMAT score should I target for?
GMAT Club Bot
What score should I target for my profile &nbs [#permalink] 06 Jan 2019, 20:18

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  117   118   119   120   121   122   123    Next  [ 2445 posts ] 

ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!

new topic post reply Update application status  

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap