Summer is Coming! Join the Game of Timers Competition to Win Epic Prizes. Registration is Open. Game starts Mon July 1st.

It is currently 18 Jul 2019, 00:01

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!

new topic post reply Update application status  
Manager
Manager
B
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Jan 2019, 04:38
AJITKUMAR1990,

In case your GRE score is STILL valid, and if you can draft a high impact application, I will recommend you to apply to ISB this year only in R3 i.e 5 days from now.

As an ISB alum, and having assisted applicants in their admission journeys for the last 3 years, I feel you have a good shot at making it to ISB this year itself with your credentials and scores.

Please feel free to reach out to me at +919701215544 in case you want to discuss further.

Cheers
Arijit
M| +91-9701215544
Intern
Intern
ISB profile evaluation class of 2020  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Jan 2019, 05:37
Hi,
I am targetting ISB, Hyderabad, and I'm from India. Kindly evaluate my profile and suggest me of any improvements.

Education:
10th std score: 88%
12th std score: 93.2%
Graduation grade point : 81.83% equal to 8.61 grade point
Work Experience:
1) software developer (Oracle) - 30months - June 2016 to Present

Internships (because I wanted a hands on experience before trying to get into MBA)
All internships are part-time along with my full time job at Oracle.
1)Business development manager at a startup (8 months)
2)Digital marketing intern(1 month)
3)Marketing intern(2 months)
4) Full time research intern (6 months) during B.Tech in DRDO

Achievements:
1. Two research papers published during internship at DRDO ( one in IEEE and one in a leading journal)

Extra curriculars:
1.Google ad words certified
2.VP, public relations at Toastmaster in Office
3.Started an online technical magazine during college
4. Assistant editor of the Official Newsletter of the University for 2 years
5.Organised many events and tech-fests, workshops during college leading teams of 5-50 people at a time, also seeing footfall of nearly 5000
6. Actively involved in multiple volunteering activies in office CSR
7. A couple of my poems have been published online

What are my chances of getting into ISB?
What should be my GMAT score?
How should I improve my profile?
Thank You so much for reading all this!!
Director
Director
P
Affiliations: one MBA coach
Schools: HBS, INSEAD, HEC, ISB, Rotman, IIMA , IIM, EDHEC
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.75
Re: ISB profile evaluation class of 2020  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Jan 2019, 06:58
Hello sal37

The outline of your profile looks solid- work ex, past acads, extracurricular all look balanced.
Assuming you are applying next year, you will also have years of work ex in the sweet spot for ISB.
Unfortunately, career goals have not been mentioned and that makes the profile evaluation incomplete.
A 700+ in your specific case could serve you well though.
You may want to read here on what factors to focus on in your written application and here to add to your research on career goals.

Best
Varun Sharma
+919137133507
MBAkarma.com
GMAT Score Predictor
info@mbakarma.com

sal37 wrote:
Hi,
I am targetting ISB, Hyderabad, and I'm from India. Kindly evaluate my profile and suggest me of any improvements.

Education:
Work Experience:

Internships (because I wanted a hands on experience before trying to get into MBA)

Achievements:
1. Two research papers published during internship at DRDO ( one in IEEE and one in a leading journal)

Extra curriculars:
5.Organised many events and tech-fests, workshops during college leading teams of 5-50 people at a time, also seeing footfall of nearly 5000

Intern
Intern
S
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V42
GPA: 4
WE: Engineering (Computer Software)
Premium Member
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Jan 2019, 11:04
Hi All,
Would appreciate a profile evaluation. Targeting R1 next year.

Background and nationality: Indian Female

Undergrad Information: B.Tech - ECE. Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University(MSIT). CGPA: 8.9(one of the toppers of my stream)

GMAT: 760

Work experience and leadership : 4.5 years at present in a techno-functional role. Working as a Senior Software Engineer in Infosys Ltd serving domestic and international banks. Have worked with private, public sector and international banks, all at client site. Currently heading all clients in Africa and Sri Lanka region (about 2 years of international work ex). Regarded as a domain expert and have worked as a team lead in multiple project implementations.

Awards: Top Performer in the Entry Level Training, Most Promising Joinee Award, Listed as Infosys Pride Factor, Awarded by multiple clients for contribution to the project.
Was the head of Self-Governance Team in Infosys for a year.

Community and others : Associated with Leaders for Tomorrow and part of their project – Igniting Young Minds to provide life skills to the disadvantaged; Member of Help Age India in higher secondary for care of disadvantaged elderly.
Recently Joined Toastmasters. Awarded as Best Table Topic Speaker in the guest meeting. Event Head of Technical Fest in college ensuring a footfall of more than 2500 people in the event. Member of the organization committee of Infosys Finacle Fever’15.

Post MBA goals: Investment Banking, Consulting.

Thank you for your help.
Experts' Global Representative
S

Show Tags

New post 10 Jan 2019, 22:38
AJITKUMAR1990 wrote:
Hi,
I have completed my B.E. (Instrumentation and Control) in 2011 (Vishwakarma Institute of Technology (VIT), University of Pune).
I worked for Honeywell for 7.1 years. Now, I took a break and started working (part time) for eCommerce company. I am planning to take my GMAT in next 6 months though I already took GRE.

*Honeywell : Engineer; Engineering, Project Management, Commercial Estimation, Business Process Excellence Auditor and Team Management for global projects.
Awards : 3 awards, and 12 customer appreciations

*eCommerce Company : Business Consultant; Operations, and Marketing.

B.E. : 68.04%
12th : 67.80%
10th : 59.20%
GRE : 330
AWA : 5

Certifications : Six Sigma Certification, Indian Red Cross Society Certification, Six Sigma Program Management Certification, Project Management Professional Certification and doing Certified Management Accounting (IMA - US) Certification.

Awards : CSR Hero of the year (Honeywell), Best Autonomous Robot in India (ROBOCON).

Extra Curricular activities (since 2011):
1. Vice Curator of Global Shapers Community and initiative of World Economic Forum leading 6 social impactful projects and team of 25 volunteers at the city. Working on United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
2. Working with City Municipal Corporation for Citizen Satisfaction survey (city level HDI-Human Development Index).
3. CSR committee member at Honeywell : Handled 5 projects from Education Environment and Health sector.

Could you please let me know, what are chances of getting into ISB?

Hi AJITKUMAR1990,

You surely have a very fine overall profile; we are confident you will have a good chance at making it to ISB. However, we are wondering why you aren't applying with your existing GRE score (which is fairly above the average at ISB).

In case you are able to put forth a strong set of essays in the next 4 days, we suggest that you apply in the R3 deadline. The recommendations can even go till 20th of January.

The following video will help with the essays writing component:

All the best!
$ 2Mn+ Scholarship Each Year Since 2010!
GMAT Prep | MBA Admissions Consulting | MBA Interview Preparation
S

Show Tags

New post 10 Jan 2019, 22:46
aroraishita02 wrote:
Hi All,

Undergrad Information: B.Tech - ECE. Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University(MSIT). CGPA: 8.9(one of the toppers of my stream)

Work experience and leadership : 4.5 years at present in a techno-functional role. Working as a Senior Software Engineer in Infosys Ltd serving domestic and international banks. Have worked with private, public sector and international banks, all at client site. Currently heading all clients in Africa and Sri Lanka region (about 2 years of international work ex). Regarded as a domain expert and have worked as a team lead in multiple project implementations.

Awards: Top Performer in the Entry Level Training, Most Promising Joinee Award, Listed as Infosys Pride Factor, Awarded by multiple clients for contribution to the project.

Community and others : Associated with Leaders for Tomorrow and part of their project – Igniting Young Minds to provide life skills to the disadvantaged; Member of Help Age India in higher secondary for care of disadvantaged elderly.
Recently Joined Toastmasters. Awarded as Best Table Topic Speaker in the guest meeting. Event Head of Technical Fest in college ensuring a footfall of more than 2500 people in the event. Member of the organization committee of Infosys Finacle Fever’15.

Thank you for your help.

Hi aroraishita02,

Thanks for writing in.

Your profile, complete with leadership experience, international exposure, extra-curricular engagements, as well as professional accolades looks like an ideal fit for ISB! Your high GMAT score will also add much value to your overall case.

With a lot going for you, we suggest that you spend your time drafting a stellar set of essays. The following video will help in this regard:

We are very confident that with your profile, as well as a set of well-written essays, you have a very strong chance of cracking ISB!

Should you have any other queries, feel free to reach out to us!

All the best! :-)
Current Student
B
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
Schools: ISB '19 (A)
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V42
GPA: 3.5

Show Tags

New post 11 Jan 2019, 04:38
sal37 wrote:
Hi,

Education:
Work Experience:

Achievements:

Extra curriculars:

Given your work experience, it is the most common profile (Software Developer) for applications to ISB. Therefore, it is your extra curriculars and your motivation (through your essays) that will stand out. You seem to have been putting good efforts through your internships and those would definitely earn you brownie points. However, you need to highlight significant achievements from your work ex in your essays. Things that make you distinguished from your peers. As far as GMAT is concerned, there is never a perfect score. That said, higher the better but something around 710-720 should give you a good chance of getting an interview call, provided your essays clearly convey your story. For now, I would recommend you to focus on achieving a good GMAT score and then look ahead.

Good luck!
Director
Director
P

Show Tags

New post 11 Jan 2019, 06:42
Hello aroraishita02

Pretty good chances with your GMAT and extracurricular activities. You seem to check all the boxes.
Work ex is something that is not unique (so does not add much diversity) so make sure you stand out by highlighting your achievements and career progress.
Slightly skeptical about your career goals though. Consulting might be a good bet, but ISB is not the best choice if you wish to make a career in Investment Banking. Hope you have done your research here.

Best
Varun Sharma
+919137133507
MBAkarma.com
GMAT Score Predictor
info@mbakarma.com

aroraishita02 wrote:
Hi All,

Thank you for your help.

Intern
Intern
B
Schools: ISB

Show Tags

New post 12 Jan 2019, 08:58
Hello everyone! I'm looking to apply to the YLP programme at ISB.
Here's my profile summary:
School:
10th-95%
12th-94%% (Science)
1st at an essay writing competition.
UG: BSc. Economics(H) from a top college in India. CGPA- 7.85
GMAT/GRE: Not taken yet.
Extra Curricular:
Elected as the Class Rep for the 1st year of college.
Selected as Editor-in-chief of the departmental magazine.
Organised events for the college fest.
Runners up in a paper presentation event, participated in a couple more events as well.
Volunteering in a leading NGO in the city.
CFA Level I cleared with top grades.
Trained in classical music (but out of touch now).
Internship:
Nothing much, a work-from-home internship at a think tank.
Do I have a decent chance of getting in through the YLP route ? What GMAT/GRE score should I target? And what else should I do to enhance my profile?
Looking forward to hearing from everyone! Thanks!
Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 12 Jan 2019, 15:30
Dear Ari269,

The most important criteria ISB considers while evaluating YLP candidates is whether they have the “potential” to become leaders in future and are academically competent to take up an intensive one year course.

While the admission committee understands that YLP candidates are still completing their undergrad/ fresh out of college and hence from a professional experience standpoint there is not a lot to make a decision on. Hence, they look for all other possible “proxies” to gauge the candidate’s potential leadership abilities and academic merit.
Leadership roles in student bodies of schools / colleges, volunteering activities, internship experiences, CGPA and GMAT/GRE scores are some of the markers that are considered for evaluation. From the looks of your profile, it does seem that you have the elements to make a good YLP candidate, provided you hit a GMAT score in excess of 700 and complement it with well-articulated essays detailing your career goals and contributions in leadership positions and the corresponding impact it has been able to generate.
In order to improve your candidature, I would recommend to pursue something (ex. volunteering with NGO / CFA levels etc.) whole heartedly and consistently to become an expert in the field - try not to be a jack of all trades, but rather try to excel in a limited no. of things.

I am an ISB alum and have been assisting applicants in their admission journeys for the last 4 years. Please feel free to reach out to me at Arijit.biswas@crackadmission.com in case you want to have a detailed discussion.
Cheers
Arijit
M| +91-9701215544
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 16 Jan 2019, 23:24
Hello

Please evaluate my profile for ISB

10th:82 % CBSE
12th:68% CBSE
Graduation: M.Tech .Integrated -Biotechnology-D.Y Patil Mumbai- 66%
Graduate Certificate-Marketing-Swinburne University, Melbourne, Australia-66%

GMAT-to be taken, anticipated score-700

Work Experience-

Sales Consultant-Wealth Partners Australia-1 year

- Within 6 months of joining was assigned a portfolio worth millions of dollars.
My role here was to analyse the client’s financial situation (Credit Analysis), calculating Net Disposable Income and providing advice on asset building , provide consolidation options of other debts like car loans, personal loans and credit card debts with home loans, Data management and lead generation using CRM,Assisting financial planners to present data to potential members.

I have given the company 300 plus new clients and assisted them to reduce loan terms from 30 to 15-20 years .

Portfolio Manager-Probe Group Australia-Client-Citibank-1.5 years

Managing a portfolio of debt accounts- Credit Cards and Personal Loans.
· Lost Customer discovery via Skip Trace using various software’s.
· Educating Customers with Escalations & Collection process, maintaining rapport for ongoing collections and maximum recovery.
· Responsible for generating and analysing collection reports.
· Assisting management in devising collection strategies according to client needs.
· Qualitative analysis of business process and providing business improvement suggestions to client. · Maintaining strict compliance and security for ongoing Portfolio as per ASIC industry standards.

Member Advisor-Certified Practicing Accountants-Australia -2.5 years

Provide sound and timely advice to prospective student queries for admissions, enrolments, advanced standing, special considerations, migration and Public Practice.
· Collating and analysing data from various outbound call campaign projects for each to provide feedback.
· Assisting management with designing and conducting pilot projects for niche consumer markets.
· Supporting the delivery of local networking and training events-for student recruitment.
· Develop and implement business strategies that drive member growth in the employer markets to achieve
targets, identify-opportunities for new business by contacting and engaging with potential partners, individuals, manage relationships with existing and new partners.
· Play a cross- functional role to record member feedback for current service protocols for continuous process improvement and business development.
Achievements:
· Won an award for best customer service.
· As an individual, consistently hit and surpassed monthly sales targets.
· Got the business a $ 150,000 in enrolments and activation project alone, with a Return on Investment of 350%.

Project Coordinator-Certified Practicing Accountants Australia

Plan, prioritise and maintain project activities aligned to each semester / exam delivery period for the CPA Program globally-ensuring clearly defined timelines, processes and schedules are maintained across the program streams and to Coordinate the operational activity required to support the development and delivery of certification exams including the CPA Program and Foundation level exams.

I have Effectively managed the coordination of two exam windows per year, covering the venue selection, capacity and market management for over 50,000 exam sits, across 80+ countries (up to 400 exam venues).

Was also responsible for Data analysis and reporting assisting in forecasting future events, Quality checks, Budget Management, Supplier Contract Management, Policy Writting, Provide ongoing operational support,information and advice to all front line facing teams to ensure they are provided with current knowledge of the exam scheduling process.
Apart from my primary role I have assisted
Learning and development, product development and Event Management teams to ensure Event suppliers are contracted (Master services agreement and SOWs) and fully aware of their deliverables.

Achievements:
· Managed the delivery of 30,000 exams in 2018 (Program and Foundation)
· Delivered exams in 93 countries across 417 venues
· Sourced 110 new venues to accommodate members
· Conducted detailed reviews of 106 special consideration applications classed as being exam related
· Supported 130 candidates who requested a reasonable adjustment.

Key Highlights:
-International Work Experience in Sales/Business Development/ Key Account Management/Project Management/Service/Training of junior staff.

Worked for Certified Practicing Accountants-Australia-a Non Profit organisation, it is one of the 16 member bodies of the International Federation of Accountants.

I have worked in the capacity of a Global Project Coordinator looking after the end to end operational delivery of CPA Program exams including Study Material Planning and Inventory Management, all international offices were coordinating with me in order to get resolutions in regard to exam delivery issues and processes.

I have looked after a very special Portfolio—“Reasonable Adjustments”- my role here was to assess applications from partially or fully handicapped students requesting adjustments to their study material and exams in order to complete the program successfully. It is in this capacity that I have assisted intelligent minds achieve their goals in life inspite of their physical or mental shortages.

Extra Curriculars:

I am learnt Bharatnatyam and have been awarded at State level for performances( this was a decade ago so I am not sure if this counts)

Currently I am a marathoner and a full time mother to a 2 year old

Thanks for reading the lengthy post.

Posted from my mobile device
Director
Director
P

Show Tags

New post 17 Jan 2019, 10:01
Hello APV

Kudos to the detailed post. A few pointers on your profile-

1. You have a strong profile- international experience, decent extracurricular activities will really help you stand out. A 700+ will do you wonders. As long as you do not mess up on your essays/interviews, you have a good shot. This brings me to my next point-
2. An important part of the application is the right set of career goals. Goals that are clear, specific and realistic. These must fit your profile and that of the school. You haven't touched upon this aspect at all. With a strong career journey, what is the long term vision of your career and how does ISB fit in the attainment of this vision? This will be the decision maker in your case. In absence of this information, tough to give a detailed feedback.
3. You mentioned you are a full time mother- does that mean you have been on a break for 2 years? If yes, this could make things slightly tricky. Though certainly not a deal breaker, be prepared to showcase how you have used this time productively (professionally speaking) and have kept your self updated. This will also be a major part of your narrative on 'why ISB'.

Best
Varun Sharma
+919137133507
MBAkarma.com
GMAT Score Predictor
info@mbakarma.com

APV wrote:
Hello

Please evaluate my profile for ISB

10th:82 % CBSE
12th:68% CBSE
Graduation: M.Tech .Integrated -Biotechnology-D.Y Patil Mumbai- 66%
Graduate Certificate-Marketing-Swinburne University, Melbourne, Australia-66%

GMAT-to be taken, anticipated score-700

Work Experience-

Sales Consultant-Wealth Partners Australia-1 year

- Within 6 months of joining was assigned a portfolio worth millions of dollars.
My role here was to analyse the client’s financial situation (Credit Analysis), calculating Net Disposable Income and providing advice on asset building , provide consolidation options of other debts like car loans, personal loans and credit card debts with home loans, Data management and lead generation using CRM,Assisting financial planners to present data to potential members.

I have given the company 300 plus new clients and assisted them to reduce loan terms from 30 to 15-20 years .

Portfolio Manager-Probe Group Australia-Client-Citibank-1.5 years

Managing a portfolio of debt accounts- Credit Cards and Personal Loans.
· Lost Customer discovery via Skip Trace using various software’s.
· Educating Customers with Escalations & Collection process, maintaining rapport for ongoing collections and maximum recovery.
· Responsible for generating and analysing collection reports.
· Assisting management in devising collection strategies according to client needs.
· Qualitative analysis of business process and providing business improvement suggestions to client. · Maintaining strict compliance and security for ongoing Portfolio as per ASIC industry standards.

Member Advisor-Certified Practicing Accountants-Australia -2.5 years

Provide sound and timely advice to prospective student queries for admissions, enrolments, advanced standing, special considerations, migration and Public Practice.
· Collating and analysing data from various outbound call campaign projects for each to provide feedback.
· Assisting management with designing and conducting pilot projects for niche consumer markets.
· Supporting the delivery of local networking and training events-for student recruitment.
· Develop and implement business strategies that drive member growth in the employer markets to achieve
targets, identify-opportunities for new business by contacting and engaging with potential partners, individuals, manage relationships with existing and new partners.
· Play a cross- functional role to record member feedback for current service protocols for continuous process improvement and business development.
Achievements:
· Won an award for best customer service.
· As an individual, consistently hit and surpassed monthly sales targets.
· Got the business a $ 150,000 in enrolments and activation project alone, with a Return on Investment of 350%.

Project Coordinator-Certified Practicing Accountants Australia

Plan, prioritise and maintain project activities aligned to each semester / exam delivery period for the CPA Program globally-ensuring clearly defined timelines, processes and schedules are maintained across the program streams and to Coordinate the operational activity required to support the development and delivery of certification exams including the CPA Program and Foundation level exams.

I have Effectively managed the coordination of two exam windows per year, covering the venue selection, capacity and market management for over 50,000 exam sits, across 80+ countries (up to 400 exam venues).

Was also responsible for Data analysis and reporting assisting in forecasting future events, Quality checks, Budget Management, Supplier Contract Management, Policy Writting, Provide ongoing operational support,information and advice to all front line facing teams to ensure they are provided with current knowledge of the exam scheduling process.
Apart from my primary role I have assisted
Learning and development, product development and Event Management teams to ensure Event suppliers are contracted (Master services agreement and SOWs) and fully aware of their deliverables.

Achievements:
· Managed the delivery of 30,000 exams in 2018 (Program and Foundation)
· Delivered exams in 93 countries across 417 venues
· Sourced 110 new venues to accommodate members
· Conducted detailed reviews of 106 special consideration applications classed as being exam related
· Supported 130 candidates who requested a reasonable adjustment.

Key Highlights:
-International Work Experience in Sales/Business Development/ Key Account Management/Project Management/Service/Training of junior staff.

Worked for Certified Practicing Accountants-Australia-a Non Profit organisation, it is one of the 16 member bodies of the International Federation of Accountants.

I have worked in the capacity of a Global Project Coordinator looking after the end to end operational delivery of CPA Program exams including Study Material Planning and Inventory Management, all international offices were coordinating with me in order to get resolutions in regard to exam delivery issues and processes.

I have looked after a very special Portfolio—“Reasonable Adjustments”- my role here was to assess applications from partially or fully handicapped students requesting adjustments to their study material and exams in order to complete the program successfully. It is in this capacity that I have assisted intelligent minds achieve their goals in life inspite of their physical or mental shortages.

Extra Curriculars:

I am learnt Bharatnatyam and have been awarded at State level for performances( this was a decade ago so I am not sure if this counts)

Currently I am a marathoner and a full time mother to a 2 year old

Thanks for reading the lengthy post.

S

Show Tags

New post 21 Jan 2019, 05:51
sal37 wrote:
Hi,

Education:
Work Experience:

Achievements:

Extra curriculars:

Hello sal37,

Thanks for writing in.

While you have a typical IT profile, it is good to see a number of talking points in your profile; that being said, you must still aim for a score upwards of a 720 to stand a good chance of getting an interview call (needless to say, the higher the score, the better it will be).

A lot will also depend on the essays you put forth. Considering you have not shared your career goals with us, we are unable to offer a detailed evaluation; however, do ensure you put forth a stellar set of essays that are truly representative of your achievements and the skill-set you have garnered along the way.

For now, we suggest that you purely focus on your GMAT! :-)

All the best!
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 31 Jan 2019, 04:49
Hi,
I have 2.6yrs of IT experience as Business Analyst
xth-85%
XII-88%
UnderGrad-65%(Completed after duration 1 year extra in 4 years i completed.which i should have completed in 3 years)

and there was a gap of 1 year in Education then Pursued.

Post Graduation diploma in Risk management-80%(Institute of Insurance and Risk Management)

Professional Qualification:
Fellow of Indian Insurance Institute(FIII)-Indian Insurance Institute
Associate of Life management Institute-Life office management Association(LOMA) USA

Could i know with decent GMAT score of 690-710 or what score needs to be needed with above profile?.What are my chances of getting into ISB Profile.
what are the suggestions?
Director
Director
P

Show Tags

New post 31 Jan 2019, 06:43
Hello phkanduk

While a 700 could work for you, a higher score would help, to compensate for the below average performance in undergrad (extra year).
However, a lot more information would be need on the depth of your work ex (career progress and achievements), extracurricular activities (to gauge diversity apart from academics/work) and most importantly career goals (a strong, realistic and clear narrative on how ISB is the most logical next step in your career). Due to missing info on all of these, it is virtually impossible to give a more candid feedback. Good thing is that you have enough time to work on all of the above along with preparing for a high GMAT score.

You may want to read here on what factors work in a profile and here to add to your research on career goals.

Best
Varun Sharma
+919137133507
Free Profile Review
MBAkarma.com
GMAT Score Predictor
info@mbakarma.com

phkanduk wrote:
Hi,
xth-85%
XII-88%
UnderGrad-65%(Completed after duration 1 year extra in 4 years i completed.which i should have completed in 3 years)

Post Graduation diploma in Risk management-80%(Institute of Insurance and Risk Management)

Associate of Life management Institute-Life office management Association(LOMA) USA

Could i know with decent GMAT score of 690-710 or what score needs to be needed with above profile?.What are my chances of getting into ISB Profile.

Intern
Intern
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
WE: Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Feb 2019, 02:24
Profile Evaluation Needed -

I am a structural engineer with 10+years of experience in core engineering field only. Currently I am working in the capacity of lead engineer and handle a team of around 10-15people.
My scores till graduation are
10th - 79.6%
12th - 71%
Graduation- 6.78 CGPA

I do have some extra curricular in my saddle such as organising events at college and office levels (no certs though). Also I have performed at various shows with my band (I don’t think it counts, but mentioning this to get an idea whether it does or not). I have never been into consulting roles but my job needs regular problem solving apart from technical activities. Also I have couple of certificates of recognition from clients.

I am aiming for ISB or IIM. Let me know what should be my target score.

Director
Director
P

Show Tags

New post 02 Feb 2019, 11:53
Hello Souravbiswas

Your past scores look average, so being above the average score of the class (710+) will help.
However, it will also depend on other aspects of your profile such as nature of work, career progress, achievements at work, impact in contributions (school/college activities do not carry much weight unless you have achieved something spectacular) and most importantly career goals. With 10+ years of work experience, this will be key at ISB at least.
A lot of information is missing here for a more specific feedback, but as a generic advice target 710+.

You may want to read here on what factors work in a profile and here to add to your research on career goals.

Best
Varun Sharma
+919137133507
Free Profile Review
MBAkarma.com
GMAT Score Predictor
info@mbakarma.com

Souravbiswas wrote:

I am a structural engineer with 10+years of experience in core engineering field only. Currently I am working in the capacity of lead engineer and handle a team of around 10-15people.
10th - 79.6%
12th - 71%
Graduation- 6.78 CGPA

I do have some extra curricular in my saddle such as organising events at college and office levels (no certs though). Also I have performed at various shows with my band (I don’t think it counts, but mentioning this to get an idea whether it does or not). I have never been into consulting roles but my job needs regular problem solving apart from technical activities. Also I have couple of certificates of recognition from clients.

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 04 Feb 2019, 21:15
Will I have a problem if I'm a third time reapplicant

G

Show Tags

New post 05 Feb 2019, 04:15
phkanduk wrote:
Hi,
xth-85%
XII-88%

Hello phkanduk,

Hope this finds you well.

Considering your performance in your undergrad years, we would suggest that you aim for a score of around 730 (the higher, the better).

Having said the above, ISB evaluates profiles in a holistic manner; thus, to evaluate your profile in greater detail, we will need more information on your career goals, achievements and career progression, as well as your extra-curricular activities.

Thank you.

All the best!
Every 10th Indian in US top 50 is our student!
GMAT Preparation Online | 15 GMAT Practice Tests
MBA Admissions Consulting | MBA Interview Preparation
G

Show Tags

New post 05 Feb 2019, 04:42
Souravbiswas wrote:

10th - 79.6%
12th - 71%
Graduation- 6.78 CGPA

Hello Souravbiswas,

Thanks for writing in.

To compensate for a low CGPA, we recommend that you aim for a GMAT score upwards of 720, the higher the better. Further, while the leadership experience looks good, much will depend on how your present the same in your essays along with the rest of your professional and extra-curricular achievements.

In your case, what is particularly crucial is how well you present your need for MBA at this point in your career, as well as what you intend to do after the same. Remember, the career goals must flow in sync with the rest of your story.

Should you feel the need for a detailed discussion, please feel free to reach out to us.

All the best!
Every 10th Indian in US top 50 is our student!
GMAT Preparation Online | 15 GMAT Practice Tests
MBA Admissions Consulting | MBA Interview Preparation
GMAT Club Bot
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!   [#permalink] 05 Feb 2019, 04:42

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  121   122   123   124   125  ...  147    Next  [ 2940 posts ] 

ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!

new topic post reply Update application status