GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 22 Oct 2019, 17:00

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!

  new topic post reply Update application status  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 07 Jul 2015
Posts: 2
ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Feb 2019, 10:17
Profile evaluation:

GMAT score:Not yet appeared

Academics:
Btech, Chemical Engineering from Indian Institute of Technology (2013-2017) CGPA of 7.6/10
10th : 10.0/10.0
12th: 94.6%

Age 24, Male

Working exp:
1. 2 summer research internships in Germany during undergrad (in simulations, machine learning and IOT. One conference paper with best student paper too. The project was for afforestation in Cameroon using cheaper and affordable solution using ML and IOT)
2. 1.1 year work experience at EXL Analytics as an analytics consultant in BFSI sector (Client facing role, 1 promotion after year 1)
3. Currently working (6 months+) as a data scientist for clients from telecom, aviation and defense sector at a small firm which got acquired by a giant European defense manufacturer. Owning the entire technical part of my project and leading two consultants (but their supervisor is my manager)

Leadership:
Led a team of 100+ students as head of a student community during undergrad


Targeting: ISB

Career Goal: Product Manager at a tech company

Regards
Experts' Global Representative
User avatar
S
Joined: 18 Apr 2017
Posts: 256
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Feb 2019, 01:35
sigma121 wrote:
Profile evaluation:

GMAT score:Not yet appeared

Academics:
Btech, Chemical Engineering from Indian Institute of Technology (2013-2017) CGPA of 7.6/10
10th : 10.0/10.0
12th: 94.6%

Age 24, Male

Working exp:
1. 2 summer research internships in Germany during undergrad (in simulations, machine learning and IOT. One conference paper with best student paper too. The project was for afforestation in Cameroon using cheaper and affordable solution using ML and IOT)
2. 1.1 year work experience at EXL Analytics as an analytics consultant in BFSI sector (Client facing role, 1 promotion after year 1)
3. Currently working (6 months+) as a data scientist for clients from telecom, aviation and defense sector at a small firm which got acquired by a giant European defense manufacturer. Owning the entire technical part of my project and leading two consultants (but their supervisor is my manager)

Leadership:
Led a team of 100+ students as head of a student community during undergrad


Targeting: ISB

Career Goal: Product Manager at a tech company

Regards


Hello sigma121,

Hope you're doing well.

Your strong academic background, particularly graduation from IIT, will add a lot of value to your case.

Having said the above, ISB evaluates profile holistically. Thus, your GMAT score, as well as your essays will be of equal importance in determining your chances. To stand a competitive chance, you must look for a score upwards of 710, and work on preparing essays that strongly represent your skills, as well as portray a logical set of career goals. You have not mentioned a great deal about your extra-curricular activities; hence, be sure to talk about the same.

The following video will be of help to you while working on your essays:



Should you have any follow up questions, please feel free to reach out to us.

All the best!
_________________
Experts' Global
Students from 20+ nationalities
Every 10th Indian in US top 50 is our student!
$ 2Mn+ Scholarship Each Year Since 2010!
GMAT Prep | MBA Admissions Consulting | MBA Interview Preparation
Manager
Manager
avatar
G
Joined: 01 Nov 2017
Posts: 67
Location: India
Premium Member
ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 25 Feb 2019, 04:28
Age-25
30 months of experience in Manufacturing industry (Tata Motors) as a production planner and Tool design Engineer. Co-led cross functional teams. No other leadership experience in the industry.
6 weeks summer internship in R&D setup.
Btech in Mechanical engineering from NIT Jalandhar- CGPA-7.94
10th - CGPA- 9.6
12th- 89%
Extracurricular : Captain of the colleges sports team, volunteer in the CSM activities in the company.

Originally posted by raghavrf on 25 Feb 2019, 03:22.
Last edited by raghavrf on 25 Feb 2019, 04:28, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 07 Jul 2015
Posts: 2
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Feb 2019, 04:08
ExpertsGlobal wrote:
sigma121 wrote:
Profile evaluation:

GMAT score:Not yet appeared

Academics:
Btech, Chemical Engineering from Indian Institute of Technology (2013-2017) CGPA of 7.6/10
10th : 10.0/10.0
12th: 94.6%

Age 24, Male

Working exp:
1. 2 summer research internships in Germany during undergrad (in simulations, machine learning and IOT. One conference paper with best student paper too. The project was for afforestation in Cameroon using cheaper and affordable solution using ML and IOT)
2. 1.1 year work experience at EXL Analytics as an analytics consultant in BFSI sector (Client facing role, 1 promotion after year 1)
3. Currently working (6 months+) as a data scientist for clients from telecom, aviation and defense sector at a small firm which got acquired by a giant European defense manufacturer. Owning the entire technical part of my project and leading two consultants (but their supervisor is my manager)

Leadership:
Led a team of 100+ students as head of a student community during undergrad


Targeting: ISB

Career Goal: Product Manager at a tech company

Regards


Hope you're doing well.

Your strong academic background, particularly graduation from IIT, will add a lot of value to your case.

Having said the above, ISB evaluates profile holistically. Thus, your GMAT score, as well as your essays will be of equal importance in determining your chances. To stand a competitive chance, you must look for a score upwards of 710, and work on preparing essays that strongly represent your skills, as well as portray a logical set of career goals. You have not mentioned a great deal about your extra-curricular activities; hence, be sure to talk about the same.

The following video will be of help to you while working on your essays:

Should you have any follow up questions, please feel free to reach out to us.

All the best!


Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

Regarding extra curricular activities, I worked on raising funds for the college endowment, organized a couple of events and sessions as well as represented the college in alumni meets. Was part of it for 3 years during my college, entering as a member and rising all the way up to the core team. I was also involved in the marketing team of the college's cultural fest for a short span. I was actively involved in a lot of extra-curricular activities during school, but not during college except for the two I mentioned before. Also, no sports. Do you think this can be a big issue for my profile? How to overcome that? Should I get involved in some NGO now to compensate that?

Regards
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 22 Feb 2019
Posts: 7
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Feb 2019, 00:24
raghavrf wrote:
Age-25
30 months of experience in Manufacturing industry (Tata Motors) as a production planner and Tool design Engineer. Co-led cross functional teams. No other leadership experience in the industry.
6 weeks summer internship in R&D setup.
Btech in Mechanical engineering from NIT Jalandhar- CGPA-7.94
10th - CGPA- 9.6
12th- 89%
Extracurricular : Captain of the colleges sports team, volunteer in the CSM activities in the company.


Hi raghavrf

Although this is a short description of your profile, I have some insights for you:

1. I personally am connected to a person who had a very similar profile as yours. He came from Tata Motors and with a similar years of experience as yours. Plus, at ISB, he has been part of the application review committee. Post ISB he is in a major operations role. This is just to show you that you can definitely crack ISB with this profile.
2. Although you mentioned no leadership experience in the industry, there can still be quite a few details that can be leveraged for showing leadership experience. For example, most IT applicants with around 2 years of work experience in the industry never have any leadership roles. Yet, they are able to leverage the initiatives and work achievements for the leadership aspects. If we connect, I'm sure we can work on finding these aspects for your profile.
3. Try to aim for a GMAT above 730 and this will significantly increase your chances of getting an admission. But you can still submit an application at a GMAT of 690 and even worst case 670 provided you are able to write killer essays.

Let me know if I can help you with your essays by connecting you with the right mentors who can help you in writing compelling stories in your essays.

Hope this helps.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 22 Feb 2019
Posts: 7
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Feb 2019, 00:38
sigma121 wrote:
Profile evaluation:

GMAT score:Not yet appeared

Academics:
Btech, Chemical Engineering from Indian Institute of Technology (2013-2017) CGPA of 7.6/10
10th : 10.0/10.0
12th: 94.6%

Age 24, Male

Working exp:
1. 2 summer research internships in Germany during undergrad (in simulations, machine learning and IOT. One conference paper with best student paper too. The project was for afforestation in Cameroon using cheaper and affordable solution using ML and IOT)
2. 1.1 year work experience at EXL Analytics as an analytics consultant in BFSI sector (Client facing role, 1 promotion after year 1)
3. Currently working (6 months+) as a data scientist for clients from telecom, aviation and defense sector at a small firm which got acquired by a giant European defense manufacturer. Owning the entire technical part of my project and leading two consultants (but their supervisor is my manager)

Leadership:
Led a team of 100+ students as head of a student community during undergrad


Targeting: ISB

Career Goal: Product Manager at a tech company

Regards



Hi sigma121 ,

Here are some insights for you for ISB admissions based on your profile:
1. Strong areas - 4 years of work experience is an ideally sweet spot for applying to ISB PGP. Try your best to get in within this year itself. You international exposure will be a big factor for creating a compelling case as ISB is known to prefer it. You can leverage it to show your diversity aspect, or to show how you are 'adaptable to change'. While you've mentioned Product Management as your primary goal, your profile also looks fit for the role of a Consultant. You can add that as an alternate career goal.
2. Weak areas - First, it would be better to quote leadership examples that are more recent as compared to the ones that were 4 years back in college. Next, your profile description focuses a lot on the technical side of your role and it is better to also elaborate a bit on the managerial side. Being in tech also puts you in the IT applicants pool which means that you should try for a GMAT score of 730 as a good score. Above 750 would be great but anything below 700 will be highly risky.

We have some mentors in our network who had a pre - ISB story same as yours. One of our mentors worked for EXL Analytics before ISB and the other worked as a Data Science Consultant pre - ISB.

Please let me know if you need help in writing your essays and I can arrange communication with these mentors.

Best of luck!
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 23 Feb 2019
Posts: 6
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Feb 2019, 05:55
The ISB YLP MBA gives you a guaranteed admit to India's top ranked business school. With the first round less than a month away, contact us to get your applications reviewed by a recent YLP admit (2020) and Cambridge alumni.

For further details contact
+91 91635 66805
+91 9674290395

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 22 Apr 2017
Posts: 4
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Feb 2019, 11:14
Hi All,

Requesting for Profile Evaluation please.

GMAT Score:- Yet to appear (Targeting Class of 2020) - One Year Program
Class X:- 66% (ICSE Board)
Class XII:- 60% (CBSE Board)
B-Tech in Electrical Engineering:- CGPA 7.69 (West Bengal University of Technology)

Work Ex:- 6.3 Years as of now for M/s Schneider Electric (Solar Sector). Serving notice period now.
Designation:- Deputy Manager (Solar Division)

Will be joining M/s Aditya Birla Group (Solar Sector) from April'19.
Designation:- Deputy Manager (Technical Lead-Pan India for all Aditya Birla Solar Plants)

Profile Summary:-
A competent professional with 6+ years of experience with Power & Solar Sector in Project Execution & Commissioning (Power & Solar Sector) including client interaction, team management and customer support. My job includes intensive travelling all over India Project Wise. Till date I have traveled to many states for projects which includes remote areas where Solar Plants are being set up. Till date I have commissioned a total of 823MW of Solar Power Plants and have worked on different voltage levels ranging upto 220KV. I am the commissioning head for Schneider Electric Solar Division and have 5 direct reportees under me.

Jobs Execution Details:-
>Expertise in planning and executing electrical and solar construction projects with a flair for adopting modern construction methodologies; complying with quality standards.
>Managing the site customer, daily meeting attends, drawing approval and materials management.
>Reviewing, studying & providing necessary feedback of the Engineering drawings & Layouts.
>Developing project baselines; monitoring & controlling projects with respect to cost, resource deployment, time over-runs and quality compliance to ensure satisfactory execution of projects.
>Anchoring on-site commissioning activities to ensure completion of project within the time & cost parameters and effective resource utilization to maximize the output.
>Customer management and providing remote assistance to clients during plant shutdown.
>Have worked for different clients including Govt and Semi Government organisations all over India.
>Leading a team of sub-vendors to work at site locations.

Extracurricular Activities:-
>Worked in Uttarkhand Flood Relief campaign which was conducted by Schneider providing assistance to restore power.
>Active Football member both in School & College Team.
>Won the Inter Dept. Cricket Championship at Schneider Electric.
>During my leaves or hometown visit I provide teaching assistance at a NGO for underprivileged students at my hometown.
>Won different medals for sports events at school.

Post MBA Goals:-
Currently I am working mostly on the technical aspects of projects. Post MBA I want to see myself in Project Management controlling a full team including financial aspects also.

Thanking you in advance.

Regards,
Utsav Mukherjee
Experts' Global Representative
User avatar
S
Joined: 18 Apr 2017
Posts: 256
ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Feb 2019, 22:51
Utsav Mukherjee wrote:
Hi All,

Requesting for Profile Evaluation please.

GMAT Score:- Yet to appear (Targeting Class of 2020) - One Year Program
Class X:- 66% (ICSE Board)
Class XII:- 60% (CBSE Board)
B-Tech in Electrical Engineering:- CGPA 7.69 (West Bengal University of Technology)

Work Ex:- 6.3 Years as of now for M/s Schneider Electric (Solar Sector). Serving notice period now.
Designation:- Deputy Manager (Solar Division)

Will be joining M/s Aditya Birla Group (Solar Sector) from April'19.
Designation:- Deputy Manager (Technical Lead-Pan India for all Aditya Birla Solar Plants)

Profile Summary:-
A competent professional with 6+ years of experience with Power & Solar Sector in Project Execution & Commissioning (Power & Solar Sector) including client interaction, team management and customer support. My job includes intensive travelling all over India Project Wise. Till date I have traveled to many states for projects which includes remote areas where Solar Plants are being set up. Till date I have commissioned a total of 823MW of Solar Power Plants and have worked on different voltage levels ranging upto 220KV. I am the commissioning head for Schneider Electric Solar Division and have 5 direct reportees under me.

Jobs Execution Details:-
>Expertise in planning and executing electrical and solar construction projects with a flair for adopting modern construction methodologies; complying with quality standards.
>Managing the site customer, daily meeting attends, drawing approval and materials management.
>Reviewing, studying & providing necessary feedback of the Engineering drawings & Layouts.
>Developing project baselines; monitoring & controlling projects with respect to cost, resource deployment, time over-runs and quality compliance to ensure satisfactory execution of projects.
>Anchoring on-site commissioning activities to ensure completion of project within the time & cost parameters and effective resource utilization to maximize the output.
>Customer management and providing remote assistance to clients during plant shutdown.
>Have worked for different clients including Govt and Semi Government organisations all over India.
>Leading a team of sub-vendors to work at site locations.

Extracurricular Activities:-
>Worked in Uttarkhand Flood Relief campaign which was conducted by Schneider providing assistance to restore power.
>Active Football member both in School & College Team.
>Won the Inter Dept. Cricket Championship at Schneider Electric.
>During my leaves or hometown visit I provide teaching assistance at a NGO for underprivileged students at my hometown.
>Won different medals for sports events at school.

Post MBA Goals:-
Currently I am working mostly on the technical aspects of projects. Post MBA I want to see myself in Project Management controlling a full team including financial aspects also.

Thanking you in advance.

Regards,
Utsav Mukherjee


Hi utsav Mukherjee

Thanks for your detailed post.

Considering your managerial and teamwork skills, client-handling abilities, the experience of working in remote areas, and decent extra-curricular activities, your profile has a number of takeaway points. Of course, how you present the same through your essays will be very crucial. Considering you have plenty of time at hand before the R1 applications for the next season, we suggest that you spend a good amount of time deliberating upon the same. Very importantly, the career goals should be tied up in a way that they appear to be a logical extension of your current professional experience. Needeless to say, the short-term and long-term goals should seamlessly fit in with each other.

Further to the above, a very important element in the applications process is your GMAT Score. Unfortunately, we do not have clarity with regard to the same. However, if you are in the process of preparing for the same, we strongly recommend that you aim for a score upwards of 720.

While questions may change in the coming year, the following video will give you a perspective on how you could approach the ISB essays:



All the best!
_________________
Experts' Global
Students from 20+ nationalities
Every 10th Indian in US top 50 is our student!
$ 2Mn+ Scholarship Each Year Since 2010!
GMAT Prep | MBA Admissions Consulting | MBA Interview Preparation
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 15 Jan 2019
Posts: 15
Location: India
Schools: HEC '22
ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Mar 2019, 01:56
Profile Evaluation Needed - YLP Applicant

Male, 20 years
BA Economics, St. Xavier's College, Mumbai

GPA: 3.44/4
12th (State Board): 82%
10th (ICSE): 86%

GMAT: Yet to give

Job Offer:
Analyst, Deloitte Strategy & Ops Consulting (planning on going ahead with this offer as well, so completing 20 months of work ex in the next two years shouldn't be a problem)

Work experience:
Two 2 month long internships with middle-to-late stage startups (Zilingo and Drip Capital)

Positions of Responsibility:
- Vice Chairperson, Xavier's annual Economics Conference

- Sales & Marketing Core Team Member and Sector Manager (FMCG), Malhar, Xavier's annual cultural festival

Research Papers:
- Macroeconomic Research on multiple middle eastern countries (Primarily Qatar, Iran)

- Analysis of the Kraft-Heinze merger

Posted from my mobile device
Experts' Global Representative
User avatar
S
Joined: 18 Apr 2017
Posts: 256
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Mar 2019, 02:45
Lamda wrote:
Profile Evaluation Needed - YLP Applicant

Male, 20 years
BA Economics, St. Xavier's College, Mumbai

GPA: 3.44/4
12th (State Board): 82%
10th (ICSE): 86%

GMAT: Yet to give

Job Offer:
Analyst, Deloitte Strategy & Ops Consulting (planning on going ahead with this offer as well, so completing 20 months of work ex in the next two years shouldn't be a problem)

Work experience:
Two 2 month long internships with middle-to-late stage startups (Zilingo and Drip Capital)

Positions of Responsibility:
- Vice Chairperson, Xavier's annual Economics Conference

- Sales & Marketing Core Team Member and Sector Manager (FMCG), Malhar, Xavier's annual cultural festival

Research Papers:
- Macroeconomic Research on multiple middle eastern countries (Primarily Qatar, Iran)

- Analysis of the Kraft-Heinze merger

Posted from my mobile device


Hello Lamda,

Thanks for writing in.

You have a decent overall profile; however, much will depend on your GMAT score, as well as the quality of your essays. Do look for a score up and above 720 on the GMAT; the higher the better. At the same time, do put in a good amount of thought into how you wish to portray your achievements through your essays.

Should you have any specific follow-up questions, feel free to write to us.

All the best!
_________________
Experts' Global
Students from 20+ nationalities
Every 10th Indian in US top 50 is our student!
$ 2Mn+ Scholarship Each Year Since 2010!
GMAT Prep | MBA Admissions Consulting | MBA Interview Preparation
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 15 Jan 2019
Posts: 15
Location: India
Schools: HEC '22
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Mar 2019, 02:57
ExpertsGlobal wrote:
Lamda wrote:
Profile Evaluation Needed - YLP Applicant

Male, 20 years
BA Economics, St. Xavier's College, Mumbai

GPA: 3.44/4
12th (State Board): 82%
10th (ICSE): 86%

GMAT: Yet to give

Job Offer:
Analyst, Deloitte Strategy & Ops Consulting (planning on going ahead with this offer as well, so completing 20 months of work ex in the next two years shouldn't be a problem)

Work experience:
Two 2 month long internships with middle-to-late stage startups (Zilingo and Drip Capital)

Positions of Responsibility:
- Vice Chairperson, Xavier's annual Economics Conference

- Sales & Marketing Core Team Member and Sector Manager (FMCG), Malhar, Xavier's annual cultural festival

Research Papers:
- Macroeconomic Research on multiple middle eastern countries (Primarily Qatar, Iran)

- Analysis of the Kraft-Heinze merger

Posted from my mobile device


Hello

Thanks for writing in.

You have a decent overall profile; however, much will depend on your GMAT score, as well as the quality of your essays. Do look for a score up and above 720 on the GMAT; the higher the better. At the same time, do put in a good amount of thought into how you wish to portray your achievements through your essays.

Should you have any specific follow-up questions, feel free to write to us.

All the best!


Hello, and thanks for the swift response!

720+ would be ideal, yes. In your experience though, keeping aside my GMAT score, do you reckon my profile ranks below or above the average YLP student's?
Manager
Manager
avatar
G
Joined: 26 Dec 2017
Posts: 148
Reviews Badge
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Mar 2019, 09:28
I am a typical IT Background.
Profile:
X- 83
Xii- 86
Btech - 80

Job- software developer in business intelligence at an mnc.
5 years experience started immediately after graduation

Gre-315

I have applied for you round 3 but did not get a call.
Will it work for pgp pro and as well they have not provided last year candidates profile for pvp pro.

I am ready to try for 2020 as well for pgp by boosting my score but my doubt is even if I get a decent score of 720 will i get an admission as I am from routine it background and do not have any extra curricular or any uniqueness in my profile and most of my friends did bit get admit this year for pgp even with 710+.

Posted from my mobile device
_________________
--If you like my post pls give kudos
Experts' Global Representative
User avatar
S
Joined: 18 Apr 2017
Posts: 256
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Mar 2019, 00:19
tejyr wrote:
I am a typical IT Background.
Profile:
X- 83
Xii- 86
Btech - 80

Job- software developer in business intelligence at an mnc.
5 years experience started immediately after graduation

Gre-315

I have applied for you round 3 but did not get a call.
Will it work for pgp pro and as well they have not provided last year candidates profile for pvp pro.

I am ready to try for 2020 as well for pgp by boosting my score but my doubt is even if I get a decent score of 720 will i get an admission as I am from routine it background and do not have any extra curricular or any uniqueness in my profile and most of my friends did bit get admit this year for pgp even with 710+.

Posted from my mobile device


Hello tejyr,

No GRE score will ever guarantee you admission as the school will evaluate your profile in a holistic manner. That said, the GRE score is an important component and considering your current score was fairly below the average, you must re-take and apply again.

Comparing your profile with that of others is not the correct approach. Besides the GRE score, the quality of your essays, particularly how clearly they portray your career goals and achievements is equally important. Hence, any speculation in this regard is not recommended.

Your current post does not share any major details about your career progression, achievements, extra-curricular activities and for a detailed profile evaluation, we will require the same.
In the interim period, however, we suggest that you go through the following video as the same will help you gain a perspective on how you must approach your essays and what really makes an impact:



All the best!
_________________
Experts' Global
Students from 20+ nationalities
Every 10th Indian in US top 50 is our student!
$ 2Mn+ Scholarship Each Year Since 2010!
GMAT Prep | MBA Admissions Consulting | MBA Interview Preparation
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 12 Nov 2018
Posts: 2
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Mar 2019, 11:53
International Trade Finance Banker:

I have completed my Std X and XII with decent scores. Went for Power Engineering afterwards, lost a year to illness.

Job details : Due to the lost year, employment in engineering was an impossible task, so I joined ICICI Bank in the International trade division, moved to Deutsche Bank in a similar business vertical. I also have the professional certification of CDCS. This is my fifth year of employment combined.

Post my MBA, I plan to stay in the Trade Finance field and eventually move into a regulatory role at an agency like SWIFT, WEF or the ICC.

Please evaluate my profile.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 04 Nov 2017
Posts: 1
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Mar 2019, 22:21
Hi All,

My name is Saikumar 25 yrs old.
I have done my engineering from (IARE)JNTU Hyd in Aeronautical Engineering.
10th : 87.5%
12th : 92.3%
B.tech : 75%

I am with Capgemini IT services for past 3 yrs currently working in Capgemini Mexico for 5 months. Planning for ISB intake next year.
Got few awards such as Rising Star and Customer innovation working in capgemini.

As a typical Indian IT profile, let me know the GMAT score I need to target for sure admit and any other things that can help boost my profile(planning to join toast masters here in mexico city to improve spanish language skills :P)

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks,
SK.
Experts' Global Representative
User avatar
S
Joined: 18 Apr 2017
Posts: 256
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Mar 2019, 22:14
saikumar_kale wrote:
Hi All,

My name is Saikumar 25 yrs old.
I have done my engineering from (IARE)JNTU Hyd in Aeronautical Engineering.
10th : 87.5%
12th : 92.3%
B.tech : 75%

I am with Capgemini IT services for past 3 yrs currently working in Capgemini Mexico for 5 months. Planning for ISB intake next year.
Got few awards such as Rising Star and Customer innovation working in capgemini.

As a typical Indian IT profile, let me know the GMAT score I need to target for sure admit and any other things that can help boost my profile(planning to join toast masters here in mexico city to improve spanish language skills :P)

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks,
SK.


Hello saikumar_kale,

Thanks for writing in.

Your international experience, as well as the awards, will definitely add value to your overall case. However, with no real information on your career progression, goals, and extra-curricular activities, it is difficult to provide you a detailed evaluation.

While no score guarantees an admit, you should definitely aim for a score upwards of 710; the higher you score, the better is going to be. Besides, the GMAT score, your essays will also have a very crucial role to play in determining your chances.

Further to the above, the following video will also help you approach the ISB essays (provided the questions remain the same as this year):



Should you have any follow-up questions, feel free to write to us.

All the best!
_________________
Experts' Global
Students from 20+ nationalities
Every 10th Indian in US top 50 is our student!
$ 2Mn+ Scholarship Each Year Since 2010!
GMAT Prep | MBA Admissions Consulting | MBA Interview Preparation
Experts' Global Representative
User avatar
S
Joined: 18 Apr 2017
Posts: 256
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Mar 2019, 22:20
Chinmay5391 wrote:
International Trade Finance Banker:

I have completed my Std X and XII with decent scores. Went for Power Engineering afterwards, lost a year to illness.

Job details : Due to the lost year, employment in engineering was an impossible task, so I joined ICICI Bank in the International trade division, moved to Deutsche Bank in a similar business vertical. I also have the professional certification of CDCS. This is my fifth year of employment combined.

Post my MBA, I plan to stay in the Trade Finance field and eventually move into a regulatory role at an agency like SWIFT, WEF or the ICC.

Please evaluate my profile.


Hi Chinmay5391,

Your post is missing a number of important details - GMAT score, achievements at work, career progression, extra-curricular activities etc. We request you to kindly provide us with the details so we can help you with a detailed evaluation.

All the best!
_________________
Experts' Global
Students from 20+ nationalities
Every 10th Indian in US top 50 is our student!
$ 2Mn+ Scholarship Each Year Since 2010!
GMAT Prep | MBA Admissions Consulting | MBA Interview Preparation
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 12 Nov 2018
Posts: 2
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Mar 2019, 00:12
ExpertsGlobal wrote:
Chinmay5391 wrote:
International Trade Finance Banker:

I have completed my Std X and XII with decent scores. Went for Power Engineering afterwards, lost a year to illness.

Job details : Due to the lost year, employment in engineering was an impossible task, so I joined ICICI Bank in the International trade division, moved to Deutsche Bank in a similar business vertical. I also have the professional certification of CDCS. This is my fifth year of employment combined.

Post my MBA, I plan to stay in the Trade Finance field and eventually move into a regulatory role at an agency like SWIFT, WEF or the ICC.

Please evaluate my profile.


Hi,

Your post is missing a number of important details - GMAT score, achievements at work, career progression, extra-curricular activities etc. We request you to kindly provide us with the details so we can help you with a detailed evaluation.

All the best!



Hi,

I have won a few sales contests at my first job and have consistently been the top 3 in my present one. I have also been a part of the CSR outreach group at Deutsche Bank and the Deutsche Bank Toastmasters club.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 21 Aug 2018
Posts: 3
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Mar 2019, 13:07
Please evaluate my profile and tell me whether I have a realistic chance at cracking ISB EEO or not.
10/12/Btech - 81.7/80.2/64
Currently 10 months Business development executive work ex at TIME(CAT coaching institute)
Extra curriculars - School Cricket team captain.
Helped organised the college's sports fest.
Member of the college football team.
Also, what GMAT score should I target, if I have any chance that is. Also, please tell me a score at which its actually possible to convert the call and not just the bare minimum to get a call.
Thank you very much in advance :)

Posted from my mobile device
GMAT Club Bot
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!   [#permalink] 19 Mar 2019, 13:07

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  123   124   125   126   127  ...  160    Next  [ 3189 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!

  new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: LeoN88, warriorguy






Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne