It is currently 20 Nov 2017, 20:13

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 115

Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Aug 2016, 07:42
MBADecoder wrote:
rsgooga wrote:
Hi

I am an ISB aspirant for the class of 2018.

Kindly find my profile below and let me know
1. What are my chances?
2. Anything else which I should focus on and Improve?

X: 76% (State Board) Very good Percentage 102nd in whole state.
XII: 81.4% (Physics, chemistry, Biology)
2006 - 2010: BSc. agriculture (with scholarship) 7.62/10
2010 - 2012: M.Sc. Food Technology from CFTRI(one of the top scientific lab. of country) 3.0/3.0 (scholarship)
2013 - 2015: Campus placement in Japanese MNC
Worked in Japan for three years
2015 - 2016: Founded a company in India. Even had raised seed funding of 200K dollars from a known CEO of a Japanese company
But had to abandon and close it down due to health issue(slip disc problem in spine). On rest since May this year.

A bunch of other extracurriculars. (Scholarships, NCC Commandant, Volleyball State level)
Can speak Japanese well...

GMAT Scheduled next week: 700+ expected

Everything looks good RSgoosa. You must address the health issue in the optional essay and convince the admissions team that you will be fit to join ISB and that you have plans to keep yourself busy until April next year.

Clear career goals will be super important and best of luck with the GMAT

Dear Namita,
Thank you very much for your reply.
Yes Indeed. Health issue is a major factor in future career goal selection. So, I am thinking to use optional Essay for clarifying further in this regard.

Regards:
Rohit sharma

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 72

Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 2: 620 Q46 V28
GMAT 3: 650 Q48 V32
GMAT 4: 690 Q49 V36
GPA: 3.1
WE: Project Management (Energy and Utilities)
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Aug 2016, 07:56
Hi,

My goal is to attend a full time MBA program in the US or UK. I am planning to apply to round 2/3 admissions cycle.

My profile is as follows:

I have taken the GMAT last week and scored 620 (IR 4, Q 45, V 28).

Presently, I plan to retake the GMAT next month and am consistently scoring 670-680 in mock tests.

Indian Male

Education:

Class 12 - 85% AISSCE in Saudi Arabia

Chemical Engineer from a premier Institute in India (UDCT).

College Grades: Not good (59%)

I would like to mention that I had a debilitating illness just as I was about to start college and thus have a couple of gap years between my high school graduation and Undergraduate studies. How would this affect my admissions/applications?

Work experience:

Project Management, and General Management
Duration: Total 4 Years till date

1. Role – Project Engineer
Tenure-3 Years
Project Management experience at a leading Multinational Engineering, Construction and Procurement company in the oil and Gas Sector.

2.Role – Project/Sales Engineer
Tenure-1 Year (till date)
General Management experience at a private engineering services firm in Saudi Arabia.

Extra Curricular-
Actively participated in organizing, designing curriculum and teaching underprivileged kids and kids with learning disabilities of class 3-9 at a NGO in Mumbai for 2 years.

Request you to please evaluate my profile and advise me on below mentioned query:

What are possible target colleges I can apply to and which program would be the right fit for me?

Appreciate your time and effort.

Thanks in Advance!
Homer.

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 72

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 29 Aug 2016, 08:04
GyanOne wrote:
rsgooga wrote:
Hi

I am an ISB aspirant for the class of 2018.

Kindly find my profile below and let me know
1. What are my chances?
2. Anything else which I should focus on and Improve?

X: 76% (State Board) Very good Percentage 102nd in whole state.
XII: 81.4% (Physics, chemistry, Biology)
2006 - 2010: BSc. agriculture (with scholarship) 7.62/10
2010 - 2012: M.Sc. Food Technology from CFTRI(one of the top scientific lab. of country) 3.0/3.0 (scholarship)
2013 - 2015: Campus placement in Japanese MNC
Worked in Japan for three years
2015 - 2016: Founded a company in India. Even had raised seed funding of 200K dollars from a known CEO of a Japanese company
But had to abandon and close it down due to health issue(slip disc problem in spine). On rest since May this year.

A bunch of other extracurriculars. (Scholarships, NCC Commandant, Volleyball State level)
Can speak Japanese well...

GMAT Scheduled next week: 700+ expected

Hi rsgooga

Please provide details of your work and your key responsibilities and achievements. From what you have provided, it seems to be something related to food technology, but we cannot be sure till you provide details.

Sorry for not clearing everything Upfront.

Work Experience:
3 months: trainee in Japanese Food Multinational

1 year Production Executive (Actual Japanese term is quite difficult to translate in English), same Company, Location: Japan
Worked in Hardcore production field. Understood operations in detail. Implemented various Technological Improvements in the line.

1.5 years: Senior Operation Executive, Same Company: Location Japan
(please note that leading japanese people in their own country is next to impossible. I was the only foreigner who was directly supervising Japanese employees(had to work exceptionally hard to get good command over Japanese language)
Managed Production lines, Raw material confirmation and Internal audit
Technological support to overseas production units of the company (South East Asian region)
Project Lead and technology support for setting up new factory in Odisha, India

6 month, Founding Director, Chandigarh Based Food company
successfully opened two stores.
Managed team of 19 person.
Did all product development in-house (because my major was in Food tech.)
Developed and trademarked, two entirely new product categories.
Went for raising small amount of 200K dollars as seed fund from a CEO, whom I knew (Main reason for accepting funding was to bring that CEO as an Investor on board, because he had vast experience in successfully starting more than 5 companies)

In May had a small accident, was operated for spinal injury, On bed for two months, then recovery period, still recovering.

Will join a well known food start-up of India in Business Development role as soon as I recover (may be by mid October)
Main reason for not coming back to startup is because I am still not 100 percent recovered and doctor has advised not to work too hard in order to avoid any future complications. And sunning a startup from scratch requires too much of commitment.

Future Goal:
General management role in FMCG/ Food startup

And thank you very much in advance.

regards
Rohit

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
GMAT 2: 680 Q48 V35
GMAT 3: 720 Q49 V40

Show Tags

New post 29 Aug 2016, 08:10
This post was
BOOKMARKED
Hi,

GMAT 1: 700 (Q49 V35 AWA4.5 IR1) June'16
GMAT 2: 680 (Q48 V35 AWA5 IR5) August'16
TOEFL: 101 (R30 L24 S24 W23)

Education: Mechanical Engineering from state university with 71.6% (about 3.4 GPA, not sure) First Division.
President of writer’s club and editor of college’s cultural magazine.

12th (Senior High School): 85%
10th ( High School): 86%

Indian Male
Work Experience: 4.5 years

Profile: Product Development Consultant and simulation expert with tier 1 automotive supplier (Bosch).
- Multifarious experience with a background in automotive product development, mathematical simulation, negotiations and leadership.
- Developed methods to improve existing products to achieve better efficiency which won an award from the customer.
- Leadership role: Designed and conducted feedback seminars for about 150 employees and worked with top management in resolving grievances which lead to some major changes in company's training and corporate policy.
- played crucial part in a cross-functional team that delivered new products that helped the company attain monopoly in a particular segment.
-Additional leadership roles: Efficiency and 5S coordination for the department which saved 0.75 million INR ( approx. 30% of the complete Division)

Co-curricular
-Co-founder and editor of ‘the bourbon bonfire’, an online platform for budding writers.
-Choreographed a flash mob of about 60 people from 15 different nationalities as part Bosch Diversity initiative.
-Non-fiction author for a local magazine.
-Active member of River Rejuvenation project and have collectively planted around 3000 saplings
- Winner of science-fiction literary award (State level)
- Former yoga instructor.
- Working on my debut novel.

Please evaluate my profile for the following schools:
(As per my assessment)
Stretch: Yale, MIT, Duke, Ross, Darden
Target: Tepper, McCombs, Emory, ISB, UNC
Safe: Simon, Rice, Owen, Urbana-Champagne, Maryland.

Feel free to change or criticize my selection.

Top Contributor
VP
VP
S

Kudos [?]: 651 [0], given: 20

GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V48
GRE 1: 1540 Q800 V740

Show Tags

New post 30 Aug 2016, 04:36
Top Contributor
hooke791 wrote:
Hi,

My goal is to attend a full time MBA program in the US or UK. I am planning to apply to round 2/3 admissions cycle.

My profile is as follows:

I have taken the GMAT last week and scored 620 (IR 4, Q 45, V 28).

Presently, I plan to retake the GMAT next month and am consistently scoring 670-680 in mock tests.

Indian Male

Education:

Class 12 - 85% AISSCE in Saudi Arabia

Chemical Engineer from a premier Institute in India (UDCT).

College Grades: Not good (59%)

I would like to mention that I had a debilitating illness just as I was about to start college and thus have a couple of gap years between my high school graduation and Undergraduate studies. How would this affect my admissions/applications?

Work experience:

Project Management, and General Management
Duration: Total 4 Years till date

1. Role – Project Engineer
Tenure-3 Years
Project Management experience at a leading Multinational Engineering, Construction and Procurement company in the oil and Gas Sector.

2.Role – Project/Sales Engineer
Tenure-1 Year (till date)
General Management experience at a private engineering services firm in Saudi Arabia.

Extra Curricular-
Actively participated in organizing, designing curriculum and teaching underprivileged kids and kids with learning disabilities of class 3-9 at a NGO in Mumbai for 2 years.

Request you to please evaluate my profile and advise me on below mentioned query:

What are possible target colleges I can apply to and which program would be the right fit for me?

Appreciate your time and effort.

Thanks in Advance!
Homer.

Hi Homer

This thread is for ISB-specific queries. For queries on US and UK schools, you might like to post here

On ISB:
- While your work experience and ECA are good, a GMAT score of 670-680 may be on the edge. Try and increase your GMAT a bit more, especially given that your college scores are not outstanding.
- The international experience you have had in terms of a foreign education (while growing up) will add to your application.
- The study gaps in between because of the illness can be explained. This was also a long time ago. This alone will not sink your application and can be overcome.
- At this point, focus on a strong GMAT score first and then take it from there.

Hope this helps. Feel free to come back with more queries as needed.

GyanOne | Top MBA Rankings and MBA Admissions Blog

Top MBA Admissions Consulting | Top MiM Admissions Consulting

Premium MBA Essay Review|Best MBA Interview Preparation|Exclusive GMAT coaching

Get a FREE Detailed MBA Profile Evaluation | Call us now +91 98998 31738

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 1

Schools: Judge"18

Show Tags

New post 30 Aug 2016, 13:05
MBADecoder wrote:
sentamilselvan wrote:
Hi gmatclub,

Profile evaluation :
Work ex : 4 yrs in a navratna psu,india(2012-present),energy sector
Work nature : construction of thermal power plant (core technical)
BTech : civil Engg, 6.5 / 10 , NIT (2012 pass out)
XII : 91%
X : 93.5%
GMAT : 730
Extra curricular :
college : Vice President of fine arts society, volleyball team captain, organiser-techinal events-department symposium, Fresh water fish hobbist,tin whistle player, black letter calligraphy.
Target schools : ISB, insead,nus,judge business school,HEC Paris,Oxford said.

Evaluation and suggestions please !!

Hi sentamilselvan,

You check some of the boxes with regards to your GMAT score and number of years at work. The GPA is a blip, but the GMAT score should prevent some damage there.
I'd like to understand about your leadership at work, career progression and the impact you have created at work (achievements). The work experience quality will have a key role to play in the type of examples you give in the essays.

INSEAD seems like a stretch among the b-schools you have mentioned, at others your chances will depend upon a strong application.

Hi MBAdecoder,

Thanks for your response !! I'm gonna give GMAT again and try to push my score above 750! .Yeah!! INSEAD seems like a stretch since i don't have an international experience but i'd like to have it on my radar .
My current responsibilities :
(office)
1. Execution of civil work at site.
2. Estimation and billing of miscellaneous site works, Quality control (Basically i'm on client side)
3. Member of tender committee.
4. Handled projects worth of 150 crore (from execution to billing)
5. Currently 30 numbers of people report to me
6. Headed a project worth of 40 crore
7. Played an active role in company's Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) works such as distribution of study benches and desks to govt schools in our district.
8. Initiated works such as pollution control barricade in our site
9. Provided technical assistance in the construction of closed sea water intake channel of 2.7km length

(extracurricular )
1. Initiated various club activities such as gym,volleyball, in our township.
2. Teach arts and crafts to kindergarden
3. Player in Local volleyball team
4. Co-ordinated Yoga programme in our township
5. Make fresh water aquariums for sale
6. Member of Royal Enfield Touring club in our town.
7. Play tin whistle and do black letter calligraphy, which i love the most.
8. High altitude trekking (goechala,Sikkim - 16200ft)
(Plus various responsibilities held during my college days)

Hope this'd help you in the evaluating my profile !! i'm yet to decide on post MBA goals and already on to it. Would like to have suggestions on my profile, any improvements to be done!! Basically to ramp up my chances. I'm working in a PSU and promotions are time bound; i can't project my career progression. My current designation is Deputy Executive Engineer / Civil.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by sentamilselvan on 31 Aug 2016, 11:06, edited 2 times in total.

Manager
Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 30 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 31 Aug 2016, 10:44
sentamilselvan wrote:
Hi gmatclub,

Profile evaluation :
Extra curricular :
college : Vice President of fine arts society, volleyball team captain, organiser-techinal events-department symposium, Fresh water fish hobbist,tin whistle player, black letter calligraphy.

Hi sentamilselvan, your marks in undergrad seem to be woefully low; however thankfully this seems to be more often aberration in your otherwise sterling academic record all through your school. Moreover, your great GMAT score does compensate to a large extent. However, in the applications, you might want to clarify the reason why your undergrad marks are so low.

Apart from this, most other things, including the duration of your work experience and the nature of the work experience, seem to be quite decent. Make sure that your application demonstrates a clarity of purpose (on what you want to do in future) and what you wish to derive from the b-school (that would enable you to realize your aspirations).

http://www.ISBeacon.com

For ISB Aspirants, by ISB Alums

Free First essay
Free Profile Evaluation
Free ISB Essays Best Practices Document

ISBeacon: Your Beacon to ISB

Kudos [?]: 30 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern

Schools: Judge"18

Show Tags

New post 31 Aug 2016, 11:00
ISBeacon wrote:
sentamilselvan wrote:
Hi gmatclub,

Profile evaluation :
Extra curricular :
college : Vice President of fine arts society, volleyball team captain, organiser-techinal events-department symposium, Fresh water fish hobbits,tin whistle player, black letter calligraphy,High altitude trekking.

Hi sentamilselvan, your marks in undergrad seem to be woefully low; however thankfully this seems to be more often aberration in your otherwise sterling academic record all through your school. Moreover, your great GMAT score does compensate to a large extent. However, in the applications, you might want to clarify the reason why your undergrad marks are so low.

Apart from this, most other things, including the duration of your work experience and the nature of the work experience, seem to be quite decent. Make sure that your application demonstrates a clarity of purpose (on what you want to do in future) and what you wish to derive from the b-school (that would enable you to realize your aspirations).

Thanks for your response ISBeacon. Suggestions noted and already on to it.

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 04 Sep 2016, 07:04
Hi,

I am interested in applying for ISB this year.

Requesting a profile evaluation:

Gender/Nationality : Female/Indian
10th Percentage: 91.2%
12th Percentage: 86.6%
Graduation: B.Tech - 6.5/10 CGPA

GMAT 1st Attempt: 610 (Q47, V28, IR3, AWA5)
GMAT 2nd Attempt: 650 (Q46, V34, IR3, AWA5)

Work Exp: 7 years in IT.
-----------
worked as Senior Software Engineer/Consultant in two reputed IT MNCs.
Have worked in 6 projects so far in Finance/Telecom/Retail/Healthcare Domain.

Since I have worked majorly for Finance Clients, I am more inclined towards Finance.

Extra Curricular Activities:
------------------------------
Active participant in Cultural Activities in School. Active member of Arts committee of College Magazine.
No NGO or CSR experience.

I want to give another attempt to GMAT so as to increase my score to more than 680 atleast to be in the competitive pool.
However, I have only a month to do so as I want to apply in R1 this year, to avail for Scholarships.

Request feedback on my profile.

Thanks.

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 04 Sep 2016, 08:07
Hi,

It would be great if someone can evaluate my profile and suggest if I need to retake the GMAT to improve my score

GMAT score:670 (Q50 V31)
Academics:
Studied in BMSCE. GPA of 9.14/10
10th : 95.52 %
12th: 91.6%
Work ex:22 months till date
I am 24 years male working in Telecom(Nokia) in area of testing.
Hobbies: Adventure sports

What are the chances of getting through ISB for Round 1 this year? or should I retake and improve my score and apply for Round 2?
Will the telecom profile add to diversity or not ?
Please advise.

Thanks,
Chetan

Last edited by chetanbarlota on 20 Sep 2016, 06:48, edited 1 time in total.

Top Contributor
VP
VP
S

Show Tags

New post 04 Sep 2016, 10:21
Top Contributor
This post was
BOOKMARKED
chetanbarlota wrote:
Hi,

It would be great if someone can evaluate my profile and suggest if I need to retake the GMAT to improve my score

Academics:

What are the chances of getting through ISB for Round 1 this year? or should I retake and improve my score and apply for Round 2?
Please advise.

Thanks,
Chetan

Hi Chetan

Our thoughts on your questions:
- Given your profile overall, a GMAT score of 670 may not be sufficient. Would urge you to raise this to 700+. While your acads are good, the GMAT score needs to be a bit better too.
- Testing profiles can be seen to be very technical by ISB. A strong app with clear career goals and a case for an MBA will be important.
- Round 1 is possible, but only after you raise the GMAT score. If that means waiting till Round 2, then so be it.

Intern
Intern

GMAT 1: 670 Q48 V36
GPA: 3

Show Tags

New post 04 Sep 2016, 12:11
Dear all,

Please help me gauge my chances of selection at ISB 2019 round of admissions.

Personal profile : 25 years, Female, Indian

Academic background :
10th from CBSE, India : 89.6%
12th from CBSE Commerce : 86%
Graduation - Bcom (Hons) - delhi University 2008 - 11
GMAT : Total score : 700 (Q49 V35 )

Professional background:

KPMG - Audit Analyst - 10 months
Rocket internet - one of the first employee - 1year 9 months - Data analyst, then shifted to digital marketing
Unknown Start-up - 1 year - Digital Marketing and Product management
A well known B2C startup - one of the first employee - 1 year 6 months - Sr. Growth - leading a team of 5

Total Work experience: 6 years (as on june 2017)

Extra- Curricular:
Writing - published writer in a HR magazine
Athletics : Table Tennis - state - 3rd, taekwondo district - 2nd
Social service: worked with a NGO in women health and nutrition

Please help me understand my strengths and weaknesses for the application.

Top Contributor
VP
VP
S

Show Tags

New post 04 Sep 2016, 12:22
Top Contributor
gauriv wrote:
Dear all,

Please help me gauge my chances of selection at ISB 2019 round of admissions.

Personal profile : 25 years, Female, Indian

Academic background :
10th from CBSE, India : 89.6%
12th from CBSE Commerce : 86%
Graduation - Bcom (Hons) - delhi University 2008 - 11
GMAT : Total score : 700 (Q49 V35 )

Professional background:

KPMG - Audit Analyst - 10 months
Rocket internet - one of the first employee - Data analyst, then shifted to digital marketing
Unknown Start-up - 1 year - Digital Marketing and Product management
A well known B2C startup - 1.5 - Sr. Growth - leading a team of 5

Total Work experience: 6 years (as on june 2017)

Extra- Curricular:
Writing - published writer in a HR magazine
Athletics : Table Tennis - state - 3rd, taekwondo district - 2nd
Social service: worked with a NGO in women health and nutrition

Please help me understand my strengths and weaknesses for the application.

Hi

- Overall, your profile is well within the range of consideration for ISB. Your academics are good, your GMAT score is decent, and your ECA are quite strong. Your social service adds a leadership perspective as well.
- Your experience in the emerging e-commerce sector, and with known brands such as Rocket definitely add to your experience.
- The key weakness here will be explaining the number of job switches. However, the fact that you have spent 1.5 years+ in your last job is a slight positive on that side and will help.
- Overall, given your work and the expertise you will bring, you should be a good candidate for ISB.

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 7

Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy
WE: Science (Health Care)

Show Tags

New post 06 Sep 2016, 08:29
Hi,

Would really appreciate it, if someone could evaluate my profile.

10th grade - 83%
12th grade (science) - 75%
B.Sc. Biochemistry with Voc. Biotech - 73% (distinction)

Master's in Biotech, University of Pennsylvania GPA -3.2
Master's in Medical Ethics, University of Pennsylvania, GPA - 3.8

Internships
Torrent Research Centre
Xavier's Research Foundation
Bristol Myer's Squib

Work Experience:
Scientist, Torrent Research Centre, 1.8 years
Assistant Manager, Apollo Research and Innovations, 3 years

Extra Curricular activities
- Volunteered at an animal shelter, part of ASPCA for 3 years
- Volunteered at a civil hospital as part of patient - doctor mediation
- volunteered at a school for under-privileged children

Currently am also doing a project with IIT Gandhinagar on pro bono basis.

I still have to take my GMAT. I am planning to apply to round 2 of the intake. Can someone please guide me?

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 7

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 06 Sep 2016, 15:19
Hi Suhas,

Thanks for sharing your profile information. Please find below my comments :

Overall Profile : On paper seems diverse and something that can add value to the ISB class. However, a lot depends on how and what do you portray in terms of learnings from being involved in Research and how has it shaped who you are today.

Academics : Competitive, Additional Masters Degree from a Reputed University helps. Information about your field of research and thesis results will help in a much refined evaluation.

Work Experience :
Volume - Very Competitive
Quality - Depends on your contribution in the two roles and impact on the respective organizations.

Extracurricular :
You need to show what motivates you to get involved in voluntary work and what is its impact on your personality.

In summary, I feel that you have a very competitive profile, and with a GMAT score of 680 plus you can submit a compelling application.

Hope this helps.

I am an ISB alum, CO14 and have been working as an admission consultant for the last 2 years assisting clients in their admission journeys. So please feel free to reach out to me at +91-9701215544/Skype : arijit_biswas89 if and when needed.

Cheers and the ATB for GMAT

AB

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 2

WE: Analyst (Manufacturing)

Show Tags

New post 08 Sep 2016, 08:56
This post was
BOOKMARKED
Education:
X – 69%
XII – 86%
B.Tech (IT)- 76% CGPA - 8.2 (studied at a deemed university in India)
Demographics: Age 31, Female, Nationality - Canadian
GMAT: Planning to attempt in Nov 2016
Work experience: 10 years in Canada
Full time: Worked as a systems analyst at a newsprint manufacturing company with increased responsibility managing various IT systems including production, network, infrastructure and provide other IT services. Have managed multiple projects with internal and external resources during this time.
Outside work: Worked with husband’s medical clinics for start-up and to provide ongoing IT support.
Major Achievements:
Implemented a new phone system for 250 employees at work
Upgraded company’s internet speed by 10 times to provision for business services.
Implemented several cost savings projects for the company upwards of 100k.
Extracurricular activities:
Implemented various health & wellness ideas at work for the employees
Participated in hosting annual trade shows to educate local community about career path in our company

Please evaluate my profile for ISB admission

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 2

Expert Post
Admission Consultant
G

Kudos [?]: 156 [0], given: 52

Show Tags

New post 08 Sep 2016, 22:35
guptaneha wrote:
Hi,

I am interested in applying for ISB this year.

Requesting a profile evaluation:

Gender/Nationality : Female/Indian
10th Percentage: 91.2%
12th Percentage: 86.6%
Graduation: B.Tech - 6.5/10 CGPA

GMAT 1st Attempt: 610 (Q47, V28, IR3, AWA5)
GMAT 2nd Attempt: 650 (Q46, V34, IR3, AWA5)

Work Exp: 7 years in IT.
-----------
worked as Senior Software Engineer/Consultant in two reputed IT MNCs.
Have worked in 6 projects so far in Finance/Telecom/Retail/Healthcare Domain.

Since I have worked majorly for Finance Clients, I am more inclined towards Finance.

Extra Curricular Activities:
------------------------------
Active participant in Cultural Activities in School. Active member of Arts committee of College Magazine.
No NGO or CSR experience.

I want to give another attempt to GMAT so as to increase my score to more than 680 atleast to be in the competitive pool.
However, I have only a month to do so as I want to apply in R1 this year, to avail for Scholarships.

Request feedback on my profile.

Thanks.

Hi Neha,

I strongly suggest you retake GMAT. Very few people get in with scores around 650 and you have to have something great about you to be in that category. Your work description is not enough but going by what you have written I think it will be a rough ride with this GMAT score

You can safely apply in R2. Scholarships are given to candidates who demonstrate excellence in several fields. I am not aware of deserving R2 applicants not getting them- my own applicants have got scholarships in R2.

Lastly, you need to gain clarity over your career goals. What you have mentioned here is highly generic and will not help you make the cut.

Namita Garg,
http://www.mbadecoder.com
+91 9901566772

Contact us at: contact@mbadecoder.com

Ask for a FREE profile evaluation HERE

Featured among the top 25 Women CEOs in India, in the CEO Magazine

Expert Post
Admission Consultant
G

Show Tags

New post 08 Sep 2016, 22:38
chetanbarlota wrote:
Hi,

Academics:

Please advise.

Thanks,
Chetan

Hi Chetan,

Retaking GMAT is the requirement for now. Also, I'd like to understand your work experience and the kind of achievements you have had to assess your candidature at ISB.

Namita Garg,
+91 9901566772

Expert Post
Admission Consultant
G

Show Tags

New post 08 Sep 2016, 22:46
pratp wrote:
Education:
X – 69%
XII – 86%
B.Tech (IT)- 76% CGPA - 8.2 (studied at a deemed university in India)
Demographics: Age 31, Female, Nationality - Canadian
GMAT: Planning to attempt in Nov 2016
Work experience: 10 years in Canada
Full time: Worked as a systems analyst at a newsprint manufacturing company with increased responsibility managing various IT systems including production, network, infrastructure and provide other IT services. Have managed multiple projects with internal and external resources during this time.
Outside work: Worked with husband’s medical clinics for start-up and to provide ongoing IT support.
Major Achievements:
Implemented a new phone system for 250 employees at work
Upgraded company’s internet speed by 10 times to provision for business services.
Implemented several cost savings projects for the company upwards of 100k.
Extracurricular activities:
Implemented various health & wellness ideas at work for the employees
Participated in hosting annual trade shows to educate local community about career path in our company

Please evaluate my profile for ISB admission

Hi Pratp,

Your work exp shows lots of impact. Is all ten years' experience in Canada? This could be a differentiating factor, provided you are able to demonstrate learnings which you can translate to other environments. Also explain the reasons for moving to India for an MBA
Quickly take the GMAT and you'll be set to apply.

Namita Garg,
+91 9901566772

Manager
Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 20

Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
GPA: 4
WE: Consulting (Consulting)

Show Tags

New post 08 Sep 2016, 23:06

Last edited by ron92 on 23 Jan 2017, 01:39, edited 1 time in total.

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 20

Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!   [#permalink] 08 Sep 2016, 23:06

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  12   13   14   15   16   17   18  ...  66    Next  [ 1312 posts ] 

ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderators: mihir0710, warriorguy

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap