Summer is Coming! Join the Game of Timers Competition to Win Epic Prizes. Registration is Open. Game starts Mon July 1st.

It is currently 19 Jul 2019, 09:35

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!

new topic post reply Update application status  
SVP
SVP
G
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V48
GRE 1: Q800 V740
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Jun 2019, 06:15
Top Contributor
himani2093 wrote:
GyanOne wrote:
himani2093 wrote:
Hi,
Please evaluate my profile for ISB and suggest what GMAT score should I aim for ISB admission.

Female 25 years old

Academics:-
10th : 9.6 CGPA
12th: 86.4%
BTech - Information Technology -77.8%- Delhi( Tier 2 College)
MA in Psychology- Distance Learning (Completed 1st year, Ongoing)- IGNOU

Work Ex :-
College placement into 2 year Leadership Program
Total Exp : 3 Yrs
Industry : Healthcare
Company : American Conglomerate
Role : After graduating from leadership program, Software Engineer in highest band for that role
Under leadership program, organised several corporate level events with company leadership team throughout the program.
Has been managing the whole leadership program batch of 25 people(colleagues)
Currently core team member for company's Women's Network State Hub which has more than 6 sites.
Lead organizer/SPOC for women's network events

Past Extra Curricular-
Technical Society Treasurer in College
Head of Marketing/Publicity and Finance team for College Technical fest
Organised several events in college
Part of Volunteer activities
House Captain in School
Won several zonal level awards in Badminton & Athletics

Created a startup in college with my brother
Did hard Sales of products in its promotional events
Developed websites' several features
Head of Publicity team
Managed its social media

Also currently learning SEO for friend's website
Helping with the website creatives and designs

Post MBA Goals :- Marketing

What are the chances of getting through ISB for Round 1 this year (2020 Intake)?

Thank you for replying. Answers are inline.
Hi himani2093
- While your academics are good, it is not clear why you are pursuing a program in Psychology as it aligns neither with your work nor your backgrounds. Please clarify.

I am pursuing psychology purely for my interest in reading and understanding people. I am specializing in counseling to be better able to understand human psychology and help people around me cope with mental stress and other kind of mental problems.

- Your ECA is quite decent as well. What was the startup around, and what ultimately happened to it?
Startup was a platform for comparing and listing childcare services like schools, hobby classes etc. The startup couldn't be scaled because team ( other major shareholders )fell out. It even was able to raise funding

- Please share some more details on your current work in Healthcare IT - what kind of projects do you work on? Are you also involved in sales/marketing efforts in some way? A move to marketing from your current profile is not linear, but let us have an assessment after more details are received.
Currently, I am in software development. Not involved in sales/marketing in any way. I am working on developing healthcare devices/products.

- Broadly, you should target 700+ (720+ would be even more helpful, given your IT background). Had someone almost exactly like you get through in R1 last year with a 690, though don't take that as the highest benchmark, and try to score higher.

Thanks in advance!

Hi himani2093

Thanks for sharing the details. Our assessment:
- The Psychology education is good, though it need not be part of your overall professional profile. Still, the fact that you did just out of interest is applaudable. This will help add diversity to your personal profile, and diversity is something ISB deeply values.
- The startup seems interesting, and the fact that it got to the funding stage means it was credible. A valuable learning experience, even if it does not work out. Shows your passion and spirit of entrepreneurship. A positive for your application.
- Your core work by itself is quite interesting. That itself may be good enough for them to consider you, as you are not the typical IT applicant. Your healthcare insight will be a plus.
- A shift to marketing, unfortunately, doesn't seem that easy, even with an MBA. Maybe a move to marketing of medical devices (J&J has a role on sales for their medical devices offered out of the ISB campus most years) could be feasible. Consumer marketing will be hard.

Hope this helps. Feel free to come back with more queries as needed.

Awesome Work | Honest Advise | Outstanding Results

Reach Out, Lets chat!
Email: info at gyanone dot com | +91 98998 31738 | Skype: gyanone.services
Intern
Intern
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Jun 2019, 06:56
GyanOne wrote:
anon711 wrote:
Hi,

Please evaluate my profile -

10th - 93%,
12th - 86%,
B.Tech (Chemical Engg, 2015, Tier 1 NIT) - 6.3/10
GMAT - Yet to take

College Extras -
- Head of the E-Cell
- Started a couple of college bodies
- Started a couple of revenue generating startups
- Organising commitee for various bodies at fests (Such as TEDx, INK talks, business and literary events)

Work Ex -
- First Digital Marketer at a real estate startup, ran their digital marketing ops for a few months (Handled a team + a couple of agencies).
- First Product Manager at a series A funded healthtech startup.
- Co-Founder at a Ed-Tech startup serving 1500 kids and 100 teachers

Extras -
- Leadership team in the Bangalore chapter of a org related to exponential tech.

Hi
- Academics (college - most important) are average, but ECA are quite good.
How big a problem is my academics? Is there a way to mitigate that apart from GMAT? My previous roles (the digital marketing and product management ones) were heavily quant driven.

- You have moved roles and even industries in ~4 years of work experience, and that will need some explaining. The chronology of your work-ex is not clear - did you do the Digital Marketer role first, or the entrepreneurial one? If it is the latter, will need to discuss why an MBA instead of running your startup as well. Simple reasoning such as 'want to expand the startup' may not work and you will need to go deeper.
I've given my roles in chronological order. I do have a good explanation for my role switch, and the domains are because my goal is to build a career in the global grand challenges field, hence I wanted to gain experience in diverse fields (my ECAs support this too). This is something I intend to do post MBA as well.

- Target a 720 and above on the GMAT, and focus on clear and rationalized career goals, as these will be looked at very closely for your profile.
Will do

Thanks a lot for your inputs!
SVP
SVP
G
Re: Profile evaluation for YLP ISB  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Jun 2019, 21:21
Top Contributor
vineeth28 wrote:
Personal details:
M.vineeth, age -22, from Hyderabad. I am presently pursuing masters in Environmental engineering

Education qualifications:
M.S (research) in Environmental engineering- IIT Madras- 9.00 cgpa
B.E Civil engineering- University college of engineering Osmania University- 7.1 cgpa.
12th ( Maths, phy, chem)- 93.1.
10th - 90%.

Internships;
1.NTU Singapore summer research internship.
2. wastewater treatment plant as a design intern.

Extracurricular activities.
1. Secretary for CEA(civil engineering association) - Osmania University.
2. Represented Telengana state in IBCC( Bridge designing competition ) at IIT Bombay.
3. Zonal Co-ordinator of IIBCC for TS state
4. marketing and fund rising lead for the technical fest in Osmania University.
5. Key organizer for quizzotic, A quiz competition conducted at UCEOU, where more than 30 colleges from Hyderabad participate
6. part-time work exp in a startup called sprint for IIT JEE preparation.

please help me to evaluate my profile for YLP, ISB and any suggestion are accepted.

Hi vineeth28

All looks good here, profile wise. The Master's degree will help (plus, it is from an IIT), you have strong ECA, and acads are good too. In addition, you have some foreign exposure as well. Good chances of getting through the YLP process, assuming a decent GMAT score and good apps.

Reach Out, Lets chat!
SVP
SVP
G

Show Tags

New post 26 Jun 2019, 21:41
Top Contributor
anon711 wrote:
GyanOne wrote:
anon711 wrote:
Hi,

Please evaluate my profile -

10th - 93%,
12th - 86%,
B.Tech (Chemical Engg, 2015, Tier 1 NIT) - 6.3/10
GMAT - Yet to take

College Extras -
- Head of the E-Cell
- Started a couple of college bodies
- Started a couple of revenue generating startups
- Organising commitee for various bodies at fests (Such as TEDx, INK talks, business and literary events)

Work Ex -
- First Digital Marketer at a real estate startup, ran their digital marketing ops for a few months (Handled a team + a couple of agencies).
- First Product Manager at a series A funded healthtech startup.
- Co-Founder at a Ed-Tech startup serving 1500 kids and 100 teachers

Extras -
- Leadership team in the Bangalore chapter of a org related to exponential tech.

Hi
- Academics (college - most important) are average, but ECA are quite good.
How big a problem is my academics? Is there a way to mitigate that apart from GMAT? My previous roles (the digital marketing and product management ones) were heavily quant driven.

- You have moved roles and even industries in ~4 years of work experience, and that will need some explaining. The chronology of your work-ex is not clear - did you do the Digital Marketer role first, or the entrepreneurial one? If it is the latter, will need to discuss why an MBA instead of running your startup as well. Simple reasoning such as 'want to expand the startup' may not work and you will need to go deeper.
I've given my roles in chronological order. I do have a good explanation for my role switch, and the domains are because my goal is to build a career in the global grand challenges field, hence I wanted to gain experience in diverse fields (my ECAs support this too). This is something I intend to do post MBA as well.

- Target a 720 and above on the GMAT, and focus on clear and rationalized career goals, as these will be looked at very closely for your profile.
Will do

Thanks a lot for your inputs!

Hi anon711
- Your academics don't make your candidature an impossibility, but at 63%, you are at the lower end of the spectrum. The way ISB looks at it, it is best for you to try and mitigate through the GMAT. Quant-driven roles will probably be only a small factor in this regard.
- On the goals, you will need to be specific on what you wish to achieve (in one domain), and whether you wish to do that through the entrepreneurial or corporate route. Ultimately, you will need to show consistency in one domain, at least as far as the application is concerned. Ultimately, showing competence along global grand challenges is not just about exposure, but also about impact, and you have got to be able to show that.

Reach Out, Lets chat!
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 26 Jun 2019, 23:01
jayantk94 wrote:
Hi Everyone!

Background and nationality: Male,Age - 25 ( in Sept )

12th : 86.8% ( PCM + Economics )
Undergrad Information: IT Engineering from Army Institute of Technology , Pune University ( 70% Aggregate, First Class with distinction, Top 10% )

GMAT: Current Score - 690 ; Re-attempting on July 25th!

Work experience and leadership:
3 Years Total ( Till June 2019 )
Been working with a Big 4 as a consultant for ERP Application - SAP for Fortune-500 Client. Been dealing with various functional areas as part of Consumer and Industrial Products industry. Undergone training/learning to achieve level 1 Industry Proficiency ( IPP ) for the aforementioned.
Consistent high performer, working across multiple threads at once while assuming full responsibility of atleast one at a given time. Recognized with back-to-back promotions in my first 2 years with the firm ( not common ). Also, working on overall Project management plan for Capability Maturity Model Integration, or CMMI within the project. Tasked with working with multiple juniors and interns, ensuring smooth on-boarding and knowledge transfer.
Working with top level executives ( CIO, Finance Dir etc.) as client stakeholders for Business Intelligence projects related to reporting of key financial and operational KPI's.

Highlighting 1/3 internships that shaped my perspective better :
Worked with a startup on identifying a use case from Oil and Gas sector in the states, and suggesting a solution based on my findings. Also, worked with the tech team to kickstart development of this tool.

Community and others :
Part of National Cadet Corps ( NCC ) while in college, and undertook various social initiatives such as drug addiction awareness rallies, plantation drives.
Volunteered as part of firm's CSR Initiatives.
Recipient of Merit based scholarship at college for 4 consecutive academic cycles amounting to INR 40k each year.
Captain of my firm's football team, was able to secure bronze medal at an intra-firm tournament.
Cultural Event Coordinator at college, while being part of the Debate club; Participated and won at various debate/extempore events at college-level ; Also, the in-charge/facilitator for my branch's training for the cultural events like Debate,Extempore, English Play in my Third year.
Was included in the Academic Advisory Council at College as part of a group comprising of three student representatives

Post MBA goals: Short Term : To be able to get into a strategy consulting role, with industry focus on C&IP industry ( based out of current experience and interest ) ; Long Term : To have my own venture that imbibes elements of social welfare and sustainability.

Anything else?
I come from an Defence Background, and have been around many places, suggestively enhancing my exposure and adaptability.
Fun snippet : Winner of intra branch Dumb Charades for 3 years in a row ;)
I would be grateful if you could give your inputs and provide points for improvement as well.

Hi Team, could you evaluate my profile as well. Thanks in advance!
SVP
SVP
G

Show Tags

New post 27 Jun 2019, 03:14
Top Contributor
jayantk94 wrote:
jayantk94 wrote:
Hi Everyone!

Undergrad Information: IT Engineering from Army Institute of Technology , Pune University ( 70% Aggregate, First Class with distinction, Top 10% )

Been working with a Big 4 as a consultant for ERP Application - SAP for Fortune-500 Client. Been dealing with various functional areas as part of Consumer and Industrial Products industry. Undergone training/learning to achieve level 1 Industry Proficiency ( IPP ) for the aforementioned.
Consistent high performer, working across multiple threads at once while assuming full responsibility of atleast one at a given time. Recognized with back-to-back promotions in my first 2 years with the firm ( not common ). Also, working on overall Project management plan for Capability Maturity Model Integration, or CMMI within the project. Tasked with working with multiple juniors and interns, ensuring smooth on-boarding and knowledge transfer.
Working with top level executives ( CIO, Finance Dir etc.) as client stakeholders for Business Intelligence projects related to reporting of key financial and operational KPI's.

Worked with a startup on identifying a use case from Oil and Gas sector in the states, and suggesting a solution based on my findings. Also, worked with the tech team to kickstart development of this tool.

Community and others :
Part of National Cadet Corps ( NCC ) while in college, and undertook various social initiatives such as drug addiction awareness rallies, plantation drives.
Recipient of Merit based scholarship at college for 4 consecutive academic cycles amounting to INR 40k each year.
Captain of my firm's football team, was able to secure bronze medal at an intra-firm tournament.
Cultural Event Coordinator at college, while being part of the Debate club; Participated and won at various debate/extempore events at college-level ; Also, the in-charge/facilitator for my branch's training for the cultural events like Debate,Extempore, English Play in my Third year.
Was included in the Academic Advisory Council at College as part of a group comprising of three student representatives

Post MBA goals: Short Term : To be able to get into a strategy consulting role, with industry focus on C&IP industry ( based out of current experience and interest ) ; Long Term : To have my own venture that imbibes elements of social welfare and sustainability.

Anything else?
I come from an Defence Background, and have been around many places, suggestively enhancing my exposure and adaptability.
I would be grateful if you could give your inputs and provide points for improvement as well.

Hi jayantk94

Overall, your profile is ok. You have good acads and ECA, and your professional experience is fine as well. There are two things you need to work on:
- Your GMAT score at 690 needs to be higher. Try and raise by 20-30 points. As an SAP professional, your work is good, but you will still be categorized broadly as an IT applicant. While things like early promotions/CMMI work are appreciable, please note that they have little value in the admissions process for ISB. However, you are not on a weak plank. If the GMAT score is fixed, you will be in contention.
- Your goals need a deeper look. Strategy consulting will be hard for you to get into post-MBA (in ISB's eyes), and the long-term goal has very little to do with your current career. You need to think about these deeply. This year, ISB is focusing on the long-term career vision as well, so this part will be extremely critical.
- Also go through this series of articles as they will help you.
- Other than that, you are all good. The defence background is a plus, and will add diversity to your profile. Leadership is clearly seen as well.

Reach Out, Lets chat!
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 28 Jun 2019, 05:55
jayantk94 wrote:
jayantk94 wrote:
Hi Everyone!

Community and others :

Anything else?

Hi jayantk94

You need a solid score to back your work experience. Two things will make you standout:

1) A 710+ score on the GMAT
2) Big 4 experience is good but you should be aware there are healthy number of candidates who come from these firms and give their best impact story in essays to standout. In parallel to working on your GMAT score, start work on essays in parallel. Ideally, create a list of stories that have a difficult situation, resolution and results (in your personal capacity) and then choose the story that you think will stand out in front of the admissions team. (this is for the first essay)

all the best!
SVP
SVP
G

Show Tags

New post 28 Jun 2019, 05:57
Top Contributor
mini246 wrote:
Hello!
Please evaluate my profile :)

I am a Female ,age 30 ,Indian resident.

Academics:
(XIIth) 75.2 (science)
(Xth ) 81.33
B.tech- 7.83 ( biotech)

WorkEx :
1) 2.5 years with Accenture , Bangalore as a tester.
2) Currently working in IDBI Bank with 5+ years experience in retail banking.

Extracurriculum :
Participating and winning in school and college in debates, extempore, plays, quizzes etc.
On merit scholarship in college.
Various performance related certificates during tenure in Accenture and IDBI.
Have mentored interns for their college projects.
Cleared JAIIB and CAIIB (professional certificates -banking industry).

GMAT : Attempt 1 : 640
Planning a retake in Aug.

-Any suggestions on strengthening would be great ! Thank you

Hi mini246
- As a retail banker, you bring in diversity, and ISB values that. That will be a big plus for you, especially if you have worked across divisions at IDBI.
- On ECA, you are in ok in terms of what you did in college. The school part is a bit dated now, and the merit scholarship/Accenture and IDBI performance/mentoring interns/JAIIB and CAIIB are not ECA, but academic/professional achievements.
- Your GMAT score, at 640, is too low. You need to enhance it by at least 40 points. Try and apply in Round 1.

Reach Out, Lets chat!
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 28 Jun 2019, 06:07
pandeyshrish123 wrote:
Hello Everyone,

I want to get my profile evaluated and also wanted to know the GMAT score required to get into ISB based on my profile.

10th- 83.6% CBSE
12th - 82.4% CBSE
Undergrad - 82.2% KIIT University

Work Experience - 3 Years 1Month
2.9 Year in Accenture ( Joined as a fresher in 2016 , received multiple awards, back to back promotion from ASE-SE-SSE)
Currently working with Deloitte as a senior executive consultant.

I have taken part in many Corporate Social Responsibility Activities .

I am also actively involved in my family business from an early age.

Posted from my mobile device

Hi pandeyshrish123

Frankly, we would want to learn more about your profile to understand your leadership and team handling qualities. The promotions sounds good but what will matter is how you can translate your experience into essays. Also, you will need a 720+ in order to really have a good chance at interview invite. All the best.
SVP
SVP
G

Show Tags

New post 28 Jun 2019, 06:08
Top Contributor
choubeyp wrote:
Hi all,

Need profile evaluation, aiming to apply in sept. 2019. Also please suggest if I should think of retaking GMAT (though personally, that will be lil excruciating :dazed )

Female
GMAT:710 (q50, v35) IR 5 :shh:

Work experience: 24 months (at the time of application)
CDK Global (automotive dealership global giant)
My project deals with handling digital advertising campaigns for some big automotive dealers.
Joined as a junior worked extensively in research and development. Taking up the lead in new projects that needed building from scratch. Working closely with product owners, showed a keen interest in business decisions and that's how got interested in making a career in it.
Recognized and rewarded by peers and managers for initiatives taken.
Won first prize in a coding challenge recently.

Extra: Working with my friends on a registered startup company. Though the work is still in progress.

Graduation: Tier-2 Bachelor Of Engineering in Com Science. 87.2%
12th: 87%
10th: 10CGPA
(got rewarded by the central government for perfect 10 score)

Extra Curricular:
Won a national level writing competition in 12th class, facilitated by CBSE for the same.
Worked with UNFPA for adolescence education and awareness.
Won a first prize in online national level blogging competition conducted in 2014.
This year won an internal blogging competition conducted in the company.
Volunteered with many non. profit events.

Thanks in advance. :)

Hi choubeyp

Thanks for posting. Here is our assessment:
- You are at the lower end of the work experience spectrum, so it is critical for you to be able to show the need for an MBA at this stage. Digital marketing is a hot function, and CDK is a fairly well-known employer. It will be important to highlight here what you have achieved, and what experiences/skills you have gained. If possible, please provide more details on your work.
- The startup would not count for much if it is not off the ground yet. Registered/unregistered is not of much relevance.
- Your acads are excellent. 87+% in college is fantastic. 10/12 are fine as well (the 10/10 CGPA in Grade 10 doesn't mean much, though - not very rare nowadays).
- Your ECA seem decent. No causes of concern there. Should help add some diversity to your profile as well.
- The big question: is the GMAT score enough? Paired with a strong app, it will not get you rejected. However, if you want to put yourself on safe territory, try and increase it by 20 points or more. Competition at the 2+ year experience mark is intense (around a third of ISB's Co2019 was in this bracket).

Reach Out, Lets chat!
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Operations, Healthcare
Schools: ISB '21
WE: Operations (Health Care)
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 28 Jun 2019, 18:58
Please evaluate my profile. Not taken my GMAT yet. How much should I score?

1. Indian/26
2. Yet to take the GMAT. 7.26 CGPA, 3.6 years work experience
3. B.E Mechanical Engineering, Class of 2014
4. Post MBA Goals - Operations / Strategy roles with marketing units
5. ISB for now. Planning to figure out other schools

6. EXTRA CURRICULARS AND VOLUNTERRING EXPERIENCE

MAKE A DIFFERENCE, India 2015-Present
Make A Difference mobilizes young leaders to ensure equitable outcomes for children in shelters across India.
Finance Fellowship (2019-Present)
 Led the team and responsible for managing funds worth 7.5 million rupees
Fundraiser (2016-2019)
 Led the team to participate in Seva Mela / Battle of Buffet - a large scale NGO campaign in creating awareness of various social issues along with ninety nine other NGO's in 2017 & 2018.
 Led the team in conducting one of the organization’s flagship program, Dream Camp, as Sponsorship & Logistics Lead and was responsible for planning and assigning activity specific tasks to different team members.
 Raised over 3.4 lakhs in the tenth hour by creating a Ketto campaign and reaching out to the community for successfully conducting an outbound program for the kids in shelter homes in Make A Difference.
Corporate Relations Intern (2015-2016)
 Helped in coordination, planning and execution of employee engagement activities
 ECS/NACH activation campaigns in small and mid-size corporate and housing societies.

7. Work Experience

Project Manager (2017-Present)
 Program manager for the flagship product, Accuflow IBP-550 Syringe Pump v3+, helped in setting up phase reviews from initial stage to end of product life cycle.
 Project manager for couple of internal project oriented teams aimed at creating and developing frameworks on R&D activities which will then be plugged into the future products.
 Partnered with other functions in the organization to ensure stakeholders' requirements are addressed and met as appropriate; to provide consistent direction to cross functional teams.
Manufacturing Quality Engineer-II (2018-Present)
 Owned the non-conformance program in the organization. Developed NCMR's as part of production and designed & maintained the analytics to drive closure of the NCMR. Helped develop rework documentations to process with the NCMR program in parallel.
 Owned the validation program to keep process/machines validated by developing IQ/OQ protocols as per the validation process.
Manufacturing Quality Engineer (2016-2018)
 Owned the change control program for the entire organization and responsible for running the quality management system effectively helping to create/modify the subsystem/processes.
 Set up a system for testing the product during assembly that includes designing of different test-cases with right acceptance criteria, collecting and analyzing data, data storage and retrieval.
SVP
SVP
G

Show Tags

New post 28 Jun 2019, 21:48
Top Contributor
anbknaga wrote:
Please evaluate my profile. Not taken my GMAT yet. How much should I score?

1. Indian/26
2. Yet to take the GMAT. 7.26 CGPA, 3.6 years work experience
3. B.E Mechanical Engineering, Class of 2014
4. Post MBA Goals - Operations / Strategy roles with marketing units
5. ISB for now. Planning to figure out other schools

6. EXTRA CURRICULARS AND VOLUNTERRING EXPERIENCE

MAKE A DIFFERENCE, India 2015-Present
Make A Difference mobilizes young leaders to ensure equitable outcomes for children in shelters across India.
Finance Fellowship (2019-Present)
 Led the team and responsible for managing funds worth 7.5 million rupees
Fundraiser (2016-2019)
 Led the team to participate in Seva Mela / Battle of Buffet - a large scale NGO campaign in creating awareness of various social issues along with ninety nine other NGO's in 2017 & 2018.
 Led the team in conducting one of the organization’s flagship program, Dream Camp, as Sponsorship & Logistics Lead and was responsible for planning and assigning activity specific tasks to different team members.
 Raised over 3.4 lakhs in the tenth hour by creating a Ketto campaign and reaching out to the community for successfully conducting an outbound program for the kids in shelter homes in Make A Difference.
Corporate Relations Intern (2015-2016)
 Helped in coordination, planning and execution of employee engagement activities
 ECS/NACH activation campaigns in small and mid-size corporate and housing societies.

7. Work Experience

Project Manager (2017-Present)
 Program manager for the flagship product, Accuflow IBP-550 Syringe Pump v3+, helped in setting up phase reviews from initial stage to end of product life cycle.
 Project manager for couple of internal project oriented teams aimed at creating and developing frameworks on R&D activities which will then be plugged into the future products.
 Partnered with other functions in the organization to ensure stakeholders' requirements are addressed and met as appropriate; to provide consistent direction to cross functional teams.
Manufacturing Quality Engineer-II (2018-Present)
 Owned the non-conformance program in the organization. Developed NCMR's as part of production and designed & maintained the analytics to drive closure of the NCMR. Helped develop rework documentations to process with the NCMR program in parallel.
 Owned the validation program to keep process/machines validated by developing IQ/OQ protocols as per the validation process.
Manufacturing Quality Engineer (2016-2018)
 Owned the change control program for the entire organization and responsible for running the quality management system effectively helping to create/modify the subsystem/processes.
 Set up a system for testing the product during assembly that includes designing of different test-cases with right acceptance criteria, collecting and analyzing data, data storage and retrieval.

Hi anbknaga

Excellent profile there. Acads/ECA/professional experience/leadership all is in solid place. For someone like you, even a 680+ could work, but if you are aiming, aim high, and go for 720+, as that will also help you at other places you consider. Also look at the IIMs(A/B/C) in India and NUS/NTU in Singapore as possible options.

Reach Out, Lets chat!
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 29 Jun 2019, 01:45
Hi
Please evaluate my profile.
Nationality: INDIAN
GMAT: 720 (Q=50;V=38; IR=7; AWA= 5.5)
Class X : 10.0 CGPA (Senior Secondary)
Class XII : 96.6% (PCM)
B.Tech(Electronics & Communication) = 79.8%
from Delhi Technological University (DTU) (Formerly DCE), Delhi)

Work Ex : completing 2 yrs in June 2019.
Designation: Associate
Working as a Quant Researcher in Quant-Trading Team(Front End), Edelweiss Financial Services.
Skills include Coding and Analytics plus market research.

Internship exp:
Bharti Airtel (Networks Team) =8-9 weeks

Achievements and Extra Curriculars:
1. AIR JEE-MAIN (2013) = 1765
2. Volunteer at NSS(National Service Scheme) while in college.
Volunteered and Organized events like nursery admission for EWS students; Yamuna Cleanliness drive; World Food Day Event.
3. Database Team Head in NSS for 1 year.
4. Member of Society of Robotics. Organised Tech quiz during Tech Fest in college.
SVP
SVP
G

Show Tags

New post 29 Jun 2019, 01:59
Top Contributor
ankitpareek23 wrote:
Hi
GMAT: 720 (Q=50;V=38; IR=7; AWA= 5.5)
Class X : 10.0 CGPA (Senior Secondary)
Class XII : 96.6% (PCM)
B.Tech(Electronics & Communication) = 79.8%
from Delhi Technological University (DTU) (Formerly DCE), Delhi)

Work Ex : completing 2 yrs in June 2019.
Designation: Associate
Working as a Quant Researcher in Quant-Trading Team(Front End), Edelweiss Financial Services.
Skills include Coding and Analytics plus market research.

Internship exp:
Bharti Airtel (Networks Team) =8-9 weeks

1. AIR JEE-MAIN (2013) = 1765
2. Volunteer at NSS(National Service Scheme) while in college.
Volunteered and Organized events like nursery admission for EWS students; Yamuna Cleanliness drive; World Food Day Event.
3. Database Team Head in NSS for 1 year.
4. Member of Society of Robotics. Organised Tech quiz during Tech Fest in college.

Hi ankitpareek23
- Your profile numbers overall look good. GMAT seems quite solid too.
- The DCE tag helps, and your work in Quant Trading is a plus. The analytics work is excellent. The only thing to be considered here is that you will need to be very careful in expressing your career goals, as this is a domain ISB is not typically very strong at. If you wish to change domains, that too will need to be expressed carefully.
- On ECA, the NSS work helps, but points #1 (carries no weight), #3 (part of #2), and #4 (more technical) will get you little credit.
- With about ~10 weeks at your disposal, and the GMAT already done, you should work hard and put in sufficient time on your app.
- Overall, if you play your cards right you should have a good chance Ankit.

Reach Out, Lets chat!
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 29 Jun 2019, 02:13
Hi
I have 2 queries.
1. Do you think I should retake the GMAT. I have heard that as my work ex is lower than avg, a higher GMAT score will improve my chances. I myself think that I can score 740 or 750. Should I spend my energy on that?
2. I am a bit less confident of my ECA as I have not continued any ECA after college. How much impact that can have?
Also, I want to continue in the same industry i.e. Finance. I couldn't get your point clearly about that domain thing you mentioned.
SVP
SVP
G

Show Tags

New post 29 Jun 2019, 02:19
Top Contributor
ankitpareek23 wrote:
Hi
I have 2 queries.
1. Do you think I should retake the GMAT. I have heard that as my work ex is lower than avg, a higher GMAT score will improve my chances. I myself think that I can score 740 or 750. Should I spend my energy on that?
2. I am a bit less confident of my ECA as I have not continued any ECA after college. How much impact that can have?
Also, I want to continue in the same industry i.e. Finance. I couldn't get your point clearly about that domain thing you mentioned.

Hi

- Retaking the GMAT is not needed in your case. Yes, a 750 will always be better than a 720, but a 720 should be good enough to open the gate on the GMAT parameter for you.
- ISB does look for diversity in its class, and that is clearly reflected in its essay set for this year (even though the word 'diversity' is not mentioned). Having strong ECA can help in that regard. If you don't have it, then other factors will need to be looked into and will require a deep dive into your profile.
- Continuing in Finance is good. The point mentioned earlier is that ISB is not very strong at Trading or Investment roles (post-ISB) so keep that in mind.

Reach Out, Lets chat!
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Strategy, Social Entrepreneurship
Schools: ISB '20, NUS '20
GPA: 4
ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Jun 2019, 04:36
Hi All,
Kindly evaluate my profile.
10TH-89%
12TH-90.4%
Graduation(Engineering)- 71(not a top tier college)

WE- 36 months as of now in TCS
Role: Software developer, leading a team of three people
Active participation in CSR community of TCS.
Got two appreciations and an award for on-time delivery and other activities.

Extra Curriculars:
Red belt in Taekwondo.
Participated in All India Inter University Taekwondo Championship for 2 years and won in many other tournaments(university level)
Part of NSS community in my university
Working with an NGO to bridge gaps of education in government schools.
Guitarist
Intern in joshtalks

Post MBA Goals :- Marketing(since this will be closely aligned with enterprenuership - which requires the entire perspectives of customers/markets)

Gmat to be given - struggling in between 650-690,targeting 720+( dont know whether i will reach it before august, also i want to know my chances for round-2)?
Schools: ISB '20
Need an Evaluation of Profile  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Jun 2019, 06:09
Hi A brief about myself,

10th - 89%
12th - 72%
BE - First Class - 62% - Pune University
GMAT - Haven't given it yet

Work Exp - 6 years in Consumer Durables & EdTech in Sales and Marketing Positions , (Product Dev > Product Management > Sales & P&L)
Most recent Position held - Associate General Manager - Sales & Customer Success at a Series C Funded EdTech Start Up handling $10M USD.

To be Honest - I have not been a great guy at Academics. Extra Curricular has been as much as organising the Annual Cultural Fest as the Chief in Charge and once i've been into work life I haven't quite been active on that side of my application.

A few things I would like to understand:

1. Required GMAT to get through to ISB.
2. With "Diversity" very important and of-course a good talent that ISB wants in its warehouse to churn out after the course, what's the ideal admit?
3. What's important : Round 1 (rushing into GMAT now and applying with the score) at what score?
4. If Round 2for me then what needs to be done to differentiate? or is there no significant difference?

Thanks.
Intern
Intern
Schools: ISB '20

Show Tags

New post 29 Jun 2019, 06:13
Hi A brief about myself,

10th - 89%
12th - 72%
BE - First Class - 62% - Pune University
GMAT - Haven't given it yet

Work Exp - 6 years in Consumer Durables & EdTech in Sales and Marketing Positions , (Product Dev > Product Management > Sales & P&L)
Most recent Position held - Associate General Manager - Sales & Customer Success at a Series C Funded EdTech Start Up handling $10M USD.

To be Honest - I have not been a great guy at Academics. Extra Curricular has been as much as organising the Annual Cultural Fest as the Chief in Charge and once i've been into work life I haven't quite been active on that side of my application.

A few things I would like to understand:

1. Required GMAT to get through to ISB.
2. With "Diversity" very important and of-course a good talent that ISB wants in its warehouse to churn out after the course, what's the ideal admit?
3. What's important : Round 1 (rushing into GMAT now and applying with the score) at what score?
4. If Round 2for me then what needs to be done to differentiate? or is there no significant difference?

Thanks.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 29 Jun 2019, 06:18
Hi

GMAT: yet to take
Class X :93%
Class XII : 75% (PCM)
B.Tech(Electronics & Communication) = 7.3/10

Work Ex : 2.5 years in State Bank of India

Designation: Assistant Manager.

1. Supervised a team of 7 associates in daily branch operations.
2 Processed multiple personal, agricultural and business loans.
3. Negotiated with defaulters and recovered 40 lakhs NPA in 3 months.
4. Got 2nd and 3rd prize in inter bank GK and Antakshari competitions.
5. Tutored students for SBI PO Exam as part of SBI's initiative for under privileged students.
6. Selected as probationary officer among the 2000 people out of 15 lakhs candidates all over India.
7. Head of Public Relations team of the department.
6. Member of placement team of the university.
9. Organised department's Intra University football competition.
10. Anchored the Annual function of the university.
11.Member of NSS

I am skeptical about my profile. I am planning GMAT in mid August. Any help would be appreciated.

Also if you can please suggest me which other colleges I can apply and how to go through the choice making process.

Posted from my mobile device
GMAT Club Bot
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!   [#permalink] 29 Jun 2019, 06:18

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  139   140   141   142   143  ...  148    Next  [ 2942 posts ] 

ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!

new topic post reply Update application status