Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 00:35 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 00:35

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 237 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Schools: ISB (A)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 575 [0]
Given Kudos: 155
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 23
Concentration: Operations, International Business
Schools: IIMA PGPX'22
GPA: 3.73
WE:Operations (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Re: ISB Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Hello Seniors,

Greetings.

Kindly evaluate my profile for PGPX programs at IIM A/B/C/SPJIMR/ISB for 2020 intake

Male
Indian
B. Tech. - Chemical
X - 89%
XII - 87%
Grad - 77%

Work Ex - 4.5 years in Operations

1. 2 years of experience as Assistant Manager - Quality in India's largest heavy commercial vehicle OEM.

2. 2.5 years of experience in Operations as Assistant Manager - Manufacturing in World's Largest Two Wheeler manufacturing. Received Director's Award for Outstanding Contribution.

GRE - 320 (Q167 V153 AWA 3)

Extracurriculars

- CSR Activities at 1st Organisation
- Cultural Committee Coordinator in 2nd Organisation
- Campaign Leader for Teach for India from College
- Placement Committee Team Member from College

Posted from my mobile device
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 575 [0]
Given Kudos: 155
Send PM
Expert Reply
kshitijhbti wrote:
Hello Seniors,

Greetings.

Kindly evaluate my profile for PGPX programs at IIM A/B/C/SPJIMR/ISB for 2020 intake

Male
Indian
B. Tech. - Chemical
X - 89%
XII - 87%
Grad - 77%

1. 2 years of experience as Assistant Manager - Quality in India's largest heavy commercial vehicle OEM.

2. 2.5 years of experience in Operations as Assistant Manager - Manufacturing in World's Largest Two Wheeler manufacturing. Received Director's Award for Outstanding Contribution.

Extracurriculars

Hi kshitijhbti,

Overall competitive profile. I'd like to know more specifically about your experiences at the two companies where you worked - what was your role? what were your achievements? Typically operations roles give applicants good opportunities to make impact, so it would be pertinent to know what kind of impact you created on your projects and the leadership skills you demonstrated.

Your extra-curricular activities look decent. The GRE is average- it falls within the range of ISB's scores, so if you can put together a really solid application, then this should work.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 23
Concentration: Operations, International Business
Schools: IIMA PGPX'22
GPA: 3.73
WE:Operations (Manufacturing)
Send PM
MBADecoder wrote:
kshitijhbti wrote:
Hello Seniors,

Greetings.

Male
Indian
B. Tech. - Chemical
X - 89%
XII - 87%
Grad - 77%

Extracurriculars

Hi kshitijhbti,

Overall competitive profile. I'd like to know more specifically about your experiences at the two companies where you worked - what was your role? what were your achievements? Typically operations roles give applicants good opportunities to make impact, so it would be pertinent to know what kind of impact you created on your projects and the leadership skills you demonstrated.

Your extra-curricular activities look decent. The GRE is average- it falls within the range of ISB's scores, so if you can put together a really solid application, then this should work.

Organisation 1 - I worked in multiple profiles ranging from Plant Level ISO/TS auditor, Supplier Quality Improvement Group and Lab Incharge of Oils and Lubricants. There I led a team of junior officers towards successful achievement of World Class Quality Level 2 in the Plant.

Organisation 2 - I worked in the profile of Team Manager where I am managing a team of 37 team members of ITI level and taking care of daily production volumes of 2700 vehicles. I have received director’s award for significant contribution in quality projects. Have executed multiple cost saving projects to the tune of 50 lacs. I am also safety, health and environmental coordinator in my workshop. I have trained almost 200+ ITI trainees and delivered 1000+ hours of classroom as well as shop floor training sessions on different trades. I am also technical panellist in recruitment drives.

I hope this will help. :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
MBADecoder wrote:
Hj2605 wrote:
Hello,

Please evaluate my profile.
Nationality: Indian
GMAT: yet to take. Slated for Mid Aug.
Class X: 84.2%
Class XII : 76.2%
Undergrad : (B.Tech from Tier II college : 7.98/10)
Post grad : [PGDM from Tier II college : 3.14/4(*Top 5 percentile )]
Work Experience : ~7 years
Pre B-School : ~ 3 years with one of Leading IT service MNC as System Engineer
Post B-School : 4+ years spanning across Key E-commerce players in India; current role is of upper-Middle management (Heading Category )
Achievement & Extra-Curricular:
• Winner of National Level Case Study Competitions (*>1) (Held at Tier 1 Indian B-Schools) during post grad.
• Winner of State Level Quiz competition during School
• Senior Member of Retail & Consulting forum during post grad.
• Amateur Cook and half marathoner (*nonprofessional).

Keen on applying for 1 year MBA courses. Targeted but non exhaustive list includes INSEAD, ISB, Said and Judge.

Thanks in advance for your time.

Hi There,

You'll need a strong reason for why you need another MBA as your career seems to have changed quite a bit after the first MBA and you seem to be in a good position currently. You should link this back to the career goals and explain what ISB will help you achieve which you can not achieve (or will take long to) without going there.

Thanks Namita for your kind evaluation.
Point duly noted.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 62 [0]
Given Kudos: 76
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
Send PM
Hi guys,

It will be great if someone can evaluate my profile and let me know what GMAT score should I target to bag a call from ISB and also a general profile evaluation keeping in mind a score of 680-690 would help.

Age 31/Female

10th(CBSE)- 83%
12th(CBSE)- 78%
Computer Science Engineering(Calicut University Kerala)- 69%
Completed Business Leadership Programme with ICICI(MBA banking and finance)- CGPA of 7.0 (an elite programme with ICICI bankLtd)

Work Experience Total - 6.5 years+ (I am aiming for ISB round 1)
1. Infosys,Mangalore- Systems Engineer- 3 years

Here I worked in Core JAVA projects.

2. ICICI Bank Ltd, Mumbai-
a. 2016-2018(Commercial Banking): Worked as Account Manager for Big corporates like Marico, many gems and jewellery units. My client base included many SME clients. Also I led many New Client Acquisitions for my unit.
b. 2018-present:I am working in Operational risk profile as a Risk analyst with various groups mapped under me for Risk evaluation. Also I played a Key role in driving a software induction for my group within ICICI.

Achievements:Acknowleded for Highest Advance Tax collection across Mumbai.
Co-curricular- Plenty and plenty of award for various events,Debates,dramatics,including University level award and State level beauty pageant(won subtitle :)),
Volunteering: Worked as Placements officer with Make a Difference,Mangalore

- Just to add, I am a proud mom of 19 month old baby.

PostMBA goals: While I did work in business development with my current organisation, it became imperative that I switch to the present role postpartum. Now with this MBA I aim to switch industry and zing back to my earlier profile, even marketing profiles if possible as that is where my heart lies!

Thanks in advance! :)
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1585 [0]
Given Kudos: 33
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V48
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Expert Reply
Top Contributor
kshitijhbti wrote:
Hello Seniors,

Greetings.

Male
Indian
B. Tech. - Chemical
X - 89%
XII - 87%
Grad - 77%

Extracurriculars

Hi kshitijhbti

The rest looks good, but try and raise the GRE a bit if you can (try and get closer to 325). While your score does not make you ineligible, and is above the lowest GRE scores at these schools, you should enhance it a bit to be more competitive.
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1585 [0]
Given Kudos: 33
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V48
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Expert Reply
Top Contributor
Hj2605 wrote:
Hello,

Please evaluate my profile.
Nationality: Indian
GMAT: yet to take. Slated for Mid Aug.
Class X: 84.2%
Class XII : 76.2%
Undergrad : (B.Tech from Tier II college : 7.98/10)
Post grad : [PGDM from Tier II college : 3.14/4(*Top 5 percentile )]
Work Experience : ~7 years
Pre B-School : ~ 3 years with one of Leading IT service MNC as System Engineer
Post B-School : 4+ years spanning across Key E-commerce players in India; current role is of upper-Middle management (Heading Category )
Achievement & Extra-Curricular:
• Winner of National Level Case Study Competitions (*>1) (Held at Tier 1 Indian B-Schools) during post grad.
• Winner of State Level Quiz competition during School
• Senior Member of Retail & Consulting forum during post grad.
• Amateur Cook and half marathoner (*nonprofessional).

Keen on applying for 1 year MBA courses. Targeted but non exhaustive list includes INSEAD, ISB, Said and Judge.

Thanks in advance for your time.

Hi Hj2605

Looks pretty good overall. With a good GMAT score (700+), ISB is a possibility.
- You mention 4 years across e-commerce players. Which players are these and how long have your stints here been?
- Not sure about international experience, but without it, INSEAD might be tough.
- Beyond this, a more definite opinion can be given once you have a GMAT score.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 32
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V37
GMAT 2: 660 Q49 V31
GPA: 2.87
WE:Engineering (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Please take a look at my profile and advise what are the chances of me getting into ISB.

10th - 89.6%
12th - 93%
B.Tech-(Chem Engg) - ICT Mumbai- 6.55
M.Tech (Chem Engg) - NIT Tiruchirappalli- 7. 55
GMAT - to appear in August 2019
(havr an older score, 2017, of 700, 48Q & 35V)

Assistant Manager at CEAT R&D
(2018-present)
Engineer at JK Tyre R&D (2015-18)

Achievements:
- Co-author of a paper presented at a conference in Nantes, France
- Developed tool to suggest optimum production time, giving 2% reduction in time.
- Led a CFT to design new tyre for International market, the tyre performed better than the existing benchmark.

Extra curricular Activities :
- 3rd place in Corporate Football tournament, City level, 2018 (2 tournaments)
- Placement representative for department, 2014-15
- Masters degree students Water Polo team captain
- 3rd place in Quiz during B. Tech, 2011
- Runner-up in City level badminton tournament, 2012
- National Level Swimmer, 2009&2008
Hobbies : Swimming and Reading

Want to get into Product Management roles as it is similar to my current profile which involves talking to OEM's and making and approving new tyre designs based on customer feedback or OEM requirements.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 134 [0]
Given Kudos: 269
GMAT 1: 650 Q49 V31
GPA: 3.59
Send PM
Hi,
please review my profile for good colleges(IIM A/B/C /ISB/top 20 across the world )
Basics
26 year male Indian
Xth = 80.2%
XIIth=85.5%
GPA = 7.83/10(Mechanical engineering from good private Indian university)
GMAT :680(q47/V36 abysmal IR -1 ,AWA-5)
GMAT4-680(accepted))
GMAT 5 -650 (IR-8 awa-5 ,q48 and v31)

writing GMAT again for a score above 700

Work experience
5.5 years till now in a thermal power plant (core operations) handling operations of 2 x 300 MW power plant.
Received many accolades and most number of spot recognition awards in the entire plant.
promotion :twice
Twice won best technical suggestion of the month

Also member of contingency team- providing help and suggestion at various departments of plant helping departments to smooth their functioning

Extracurricular
won essay competition at corporate level 6 years in a row .
Organised annual meets, sports meets and technical meets for company along with hr team as a part of personal interest (love event management)
Organised fests and clubs at college level also.
Junior corporate level badminton and cricket player but had to leave due to injury
actively involved in companies CSR activities for helping the villages and poor children(our new project is of village digitization)

Thinking of MBA to have career in techno commercial field (mid management or junior management role)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Schools: ISB '21
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V37
Send PM
Hello

I would like to have my profile evaluated for ISB YLP

GMAT SCORE: 700 (Q48/V37/IR7)
EDUCATION:

B.Tech (Mechanical Engineering) - Delhi Technological University (formerly DCE) - CGPA 7.67/10
12th - CBSE - 94.8%
10th - CBSE - 10 CGPA

INTERNSHIP:

Tata Steel- Marketing Strategy (currently pursuing)
Vodafone - Market Research

EXTRA CURRICULARS:

Project Head- Enactus DTU - A student organisation devising and implementing socio-economic business models. My project focused on providing access to clean drinking water in slums
Team Member- Raftaar - Technical project team, designing and manufacturing Human Powered Vehicles, promoting eco-friendly travel.

Also organised events for the above two.

My questions are-
1. With less than 2 months to the stage 2 deadline, I'm not sure if I'll be able to prepare to retake the GMAT. Would this score suffice, with my profile?
2. For the essay, should I avail consultancy services?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 116
GMAT 1: 660 Q48 V31
Send PM
Hi GyanOne,

Thanks for providing me feedback on the post.

I currently work at a very small early stage startup as a product manager, but really it is not limited to just product management- I wear multiple hats everyday - QA, customer success, operations I have done it all. But It has been a continuously evolving product and has been an amazing learning curve for me personally. I primarily want to join a business course to learn from the experience of others in my class.

Before this, I have been at an IT biggie as a Automation test Engineer for an investment management plaform for one of the biggest European insurance companies, and my role was single contribution tech centric role. But I felt I liked more the aspects of business and user experince management, therefore, moved to a startup. I haven't done much extra curricular while I am working but I have been avidly reading, travelling and practicing fitness.

I have been an active part of AIESEC during college and worked in different roles there for about 2 years- I helped international interns finding volunteer opportunities in Local NGOs and I was a part of various fundraising and awareness events for AIESEC partner NGOs and attended various youth conferences as well.

My targets are ISB and one year European MBA courses.

Please advise ont he aspects which I'm lacking. I also want to check whether I should apply this year or wait for another year to add experience.

Thank you so much!

GyanOne wrote:
sheen22 wrote:
Hi,

I am an Indian Female, with about 4 years of experience in Indian Tech(one of the big names of Indian IT as well as a small but growing startup, worked in the domains of investment management and digital media research). Holding a porition of immense responsibility at my current workplace, only females in the mid-level management of the organization.

Academics-
10th: 93%
12th: 73%
B.tech (ECE): 68%

A lot of extra-curriculars in college, part of various youth organizations, held social events and worked with NGOs.

Not much extra going on while I am working except I read what is revelant to my current role.
Post MBA Goals: product management.
GMAT: not taken yet

Attended an event at ISB once in college and in love with it ever since. :)

What are my chances and what is the minimum score I need ? Thank you!

Hi sheen22

- Seems to be some good work there, but you are broadly still in the hypercompetitive IT category. Target a minimum GMAT of 700, especially as your engineering GPA is also just about average.
- Please provide more details on your current work and responsibilities, for a better assessment of the professional profile.
- ECA seems fine from what you did in college; again, more details there would be appreciated for a better evaluation.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 65
Send PM
Hi
Please evaluate my profile for ISB PGP, IIMA/B/C EMBA, XLRI GMP.
Age 27/Female
Scores - GMAT 680 (Q48,V35,IR3) , GRE 319 (Q170,V149,AWA 4.5)
Work exp - 6 years in IT. Have worked in Software development,Production support,QA in good service and product based firms in mostly customer centric roles. Leading a team of 4. Won several awards for outstanding performance and have had high ratings throughout.
10th - 90.4%
12th - 83.2% (100/100 in Maths)
Graduation - 85% in B.Tech(Comp. Sc.)

Extra Curricular Activities - Passionate about dance and dramatics. Organized cultural fests, won several accolades in college and in the organizations I have worked.
Volunteering - Was associated with a NGO few years back.

PostMBA goals - I am aiming for Product Marketing Manager/Strategy roles in leading IT firms post an EMBA.

Question - Should I re-appear for GMAT/apply in R2? or Is it ok to apply with my GRE/GMAT score in R1? Any other suggestions please? Thanks in advance.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi mgr5,

You have a good profile and your background is well-linked to your goals. However, given the competition in the IT segment of applicants, it would definitely be advisable to give GMAT/GRE another try.

For ISB, 710 for GMAT and 325 for GRE are class averages and you will definitely boost your chances of making it if your score is closer/above the class average.

Feel free to reach out for a detailed discussion.

mgr5 wrote:
Hi
Please evaluate my profile for ISB PGP, IIMA/B/C EMBA, XLRI GMP.
Age 27/Female
Scores - GMAT 680 (Q48,V35,IR3) , GRE 319 (Q170,V149,AWA 4.5)
Work exp - 6 years in IT. Have worked in Software development,Production support,QA in good service and product based firms in mostly customer centric roles. Leading a team of 4. Won several awards for outstanding performance and have had high ratings throughout.
10th - 90.4%
12th - 83.2% (100/100 in Maths)
Graduation - 85% in B.Tech(Comp. Sc.)

Extra Curricular Activities - Passionate about dance and dramatics. Organized cultural fests, won several accolades in college and in the organizations I have worked.
Volunteering - Was associated with a NGO few years back.

PostMBA goals - I am aiming for Product Marketing Manager/Strategy roles in leading IT firms post an EMBA.

Question - Should I re-appear for GMAT/apply in R2? or Is it ok to apply with my GRE/GMAT score in R1? Any other suggestions please? Thanks in advance.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi StrugglingGmat2910

You are on the right path. A higher GMAT would definitely be needed for your target B-schools. Work experience and extra curriculars seem okay too. You can also look at operations roles across different industries as well as Operations Consulting post MBA as viable career options.

Please aim for a 700+ for ISB. For global Top-20, you may need to aim higher. Eventually, well-articulated applications with coherent essays and a clear path forward will be needed to take you all the way.

Please reach out for a detailed evaluation.

StrugglingGmat2910 wrote:
Hi,
please review my profile for good colleges(IIM A/B/C /ISB/top 20 across the world )
Basics
26 year male Indian
Xth = 80.2%
XIIth=85.5%
GPA = 7.83/10(Mechanical engineering from good private Indian university)
GMAT :680(q47/V36 abysmal IR -1 ,AWA-5)
GMAT4-680(accepted))
GMAT 5 -650 (IR-8 awa-5 ,q48 and v31)

writing GMAT again for a score above 700

Work experience
5.5 years till now in a thermal power plant (core operations) handling operations of 2 x 300 MW power plant.
Received many accolades and most number of spot recognition awards in the entire plant.
promotion :twice
Twice won best technical suggestion of the month

Also member of contingency team- providing help and suggestion at various departments of plant helping departments to smooth their functioning

Extracurricular
won essay competition at corporate level 6 years in a row .
Organised annual meets, sports meets and technical meets for company along with hr team as a part of personal interest (love event management)
Organised fests and clubs at college level also.
Junior corporate level badminton and cricket player but had to leave due to injury
actively involved in companies CSR activities for helping the villages and poor children(our new project is of village digitization)

Thinking of MBA to have career in techno commercial field (mid management or junior management role)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi tanushkasingh

Since YLP candidates do not have a lot of experience, GMAT scores become even more pertinent in order to stand apart from other candidates. Therefore, if you can, you should give GMAT another try. (After all, why not, there's still 2 months and you have nothing to lose, you already have a score!) Worse case, you can always apply with a score of 700.

As far as the question - should you hire a consultancy - is concerned, it is entirely your choice. A lot of candidates who have clarity in terms of thought, structure and articulation with respect to goals and purpose of MBA write their own essays. If you're struggling with any of them, a consultancy can help you by assigning you a mentor who understands your background as well as the school requirements and give structure to your thoughts.

Hope this helps. Feel free to reach out for a discussion.

tanushkasingh wrote:
Hello

I would like to have my profile evaluated for ISB YLP

GMAT SCORE: 700 (Q48/V37/IR7)
EDUCATION:

B.Tech (Mechanical Engineering) - Delhi Technological University (formerly DCE) - CGPA 7.67/10
12th - CBSE - 94.8%
10th - CBSE - 10 CGPA

INTERNSHIP:

Tata Steel- Marketing Strategy (currently pursuing)
Vodafone - Market Research

EXTRA CURRICULARS:

Project Head- Enactus DTU - A student organisation devising and implementing socio-economic business models. My project focused on providing access to clean drinking water in slums
Team Member- Raftaar - Technical project team, designing and manufacturing Human Powered Vehicles, promoting eco-friendly travel.

Also organised events for the above two.

My questions are-
1. With less than 2 months to the stage 2 deadline, I'm not sure if I'll be able to prepare to retake the GMAT. Would this score suffice, with my profile?
2. For the essay, should I avail consultancy services?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
GRE 1: Q169 V160
Send PM
Personal details: looking for ylp 2020
M.vineeth, age -22, from Hyderabad. I am presently pursuing masters in Environmental engineering

Education qualifications:
M.S (research) in Environmental engineering- IIT Madras- 9.00 cgpa
B.E Civil engineering- University college of engineering Osmania University- 7.1 cgpa.
12th ( Maths, phy, chem)- 93.1.
10th - 90%.

Internships;
1.NTU Singapore summer research internship.
2. wastewater treatment plant as a design intern.

Extracurricular activities.
1. Secretary for CEA(civil engineering association) - Osmania University.
2. Represented Telangana state in IBCC( Bridge designing competition ) at IIT Bombay.
3. Zonal Co-ordinator of IIBCC for TS state
4. marketing and fund rising lead for the technical fest in Osmania University.
5. Key organizer for quizzotic, A quiz competition conducted at UCEOU, where more than 30 colleges from Hyderabad participate
6. part-time work exp in a startup called sprint for IIT JEE preparation.

Can someone please help me with post MBA plans with this profile? and what are my chances of making into YLP 2020?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Hi vineeth28

You have an interesting background and the internships line up well with profile too. Couple of questions: Why do you want to apply for YLP? Also, what is your GMAT/GRE score? Those are key questions for YLP candidates.

vineeth28 wrote:
Personal details: looking for ylp 2020
M.vineeth, age -22, from Hyderabad. I am presently pursuing masters in Environmental engineering

Education qualifications:
M.S (research) in Environmental engineering- IIT Madras- 9.00 cgpa
B.E Civil engineering- University college of engineering Osmania University- 7.1 cgpa.
12th ( Maths, phy, chem)- 93.1.
10th - 90%.

Internships;
1.NTU Singapore summer research internship.
2. wastewater treatment plant as a design intern.

Extracurricular activities.
1. Secretary for CEA(civil engineering association) - Osmania University.
2. Represented Telangana state in IBCC( Bridge designing competition ) at IIT Bombay.
3. Zonal Co-ordinator of IIBCC for TS state
4. marketing and fund rising lead for the technical fest in Osmania University.
5. Key organizer for quizzotic, A quiz competition conducted at UCEOU, where more than 30 colleges from Hyderabad participate
6. part-time work exp in a startup called sprint for IIT JEE preparation.

Can someone please help me with post MBA plans with this profile? and what are my chances of making into YLP 2020?
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  142   143   144   145   146  ...  307