GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 19 Aug 2019, 17:58

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!

new topic post reply Update application status  
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
G
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Jul 2019, 11:31
Hi StrugglingGmat2910

You are on the right path. A higher GMAT would definitely be needed for your target B-schools. Work experience and extra curriculars seem okay too. You can also look at operations roles across different industries as well as Operations Consulting post MBA as viable career options.

Please aim for a 700+ for ISB. For global Top-20, you may need to aim higher. Eventually, well-articulated applications with coherent essays and a clear path forward will be needed to take you all the way.

Please reach out for a detailed evaluation.

StrugglingGmat2910 wrote:
Hi,
please review my profile for good colleges(IIM A/B/C /ISB/top 20 across the world )
Basics
26 year male Indian
Xth = 80.2%
XIIth=85.5%
GPA = 7.83/10(Mechanical engineering from good private Indian university)
GMAT :680(q47/V36 abysmal IR -1 ,AWA-5)
GMAT4-680(accepted))
GMAT 5 -650 (IR-8 awa-5 ,q48 and v31)

writing GMAT again for a score above 700

Work experience
5.5 years till now in a thermal power plant (core operations) handling operations of 2 x 300 MW power plant.
Received many accolades and most number of spot recognition awards in the entire plant.
promotion :twice
Twice won best technical suggestion of the month

Also member of contingency team- providing help and suggestion at various departments of plant helping departments to smooth their functioning

Extracurricular
won essay competition at corporate level 6 years in a row .
Organised annual meets, sports meets and technical meets for company along with hr team as a part of personal interest (love event management)
Organised fests and clubs at college level also.
Junior corporate level badminton and cricket player but had to leave due to injury
actively involved in companies CSR activities for helping the villages and poor children(our new project is of village digitization)

Thinking of MBA to have career in techno commercial field (mid management or junior management role)

All these questions have a single answer : APPHELP
Phone: +91 9871354580
Email: info@apphelp.co.in
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
G
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Jul 2019, 11:41
Hi tanushkasingh

Since YLP candidates do not have a lot of experience, GMAT scores become even more pertinent in order to stand apart from other candidates. Therefore, if you can, you should give GMAT another try. (After all, why not, there's still 2 months and you have nothing to lose, you already have a score!) Worse case, you can always apply with a score of 700.

As far as the question - should you hire a consultancy - is concerned, it is entirely your choice. A lot of candidates who have clarity in terms of thought, structure and articulation with respect to goals and purpose of MBA write their own essays. If you're struggling with any of them, a consultancy can help you by assigning you a mentor who understands your background as well as the school requirements and give structure to your thoughts.

Hope this helps. Feel free to reach out for a discussion.

tanushkasingh wrote:
Hello

I would like to have my profile evaluated for ISB YLP

GMAT SCORE: 700 (Q48/V37/IR7)
EDUCATION:

B.Tech (Mechanical Engineering) - Delhi Technological University (formerly DCE) - CGPA 7.67/10
12th - CBSE - 94.8%
10th - CBSE - 10 CGPA

INTERNSHIP:

Tata Steel- Marketing Strategy (currently pursuing)
Vodafone - Market Research

EXTRA CURRICULARS:

Project Head- Enactus DTU - A student organisation devising and implementing socio-economic business models. My project focused on providing access to clean drinking water in slums
Team Member- Raftaar - Technical project team, designing and manufacturing Human Powered Vehicles, promoting eco-friendly travel.

Also organised events for the above two.

My questions are-
1. With less than 2 months to the stage 2 deadline, I'm not sure if I'll be able to prepare to retake the GMAT. Would this score suffice, with my profile?
2. For the essay, should I avail consultancy services?

Intern
Intern
B
Schools: YLP '20
GRE 1: Q169 V160

Show Tags

New post 07 Jul 2019, 00:07
Personal details: looking for ylp 2020
M.vineeth, age -22, from Hyderabad. I am presently pursuing masters in Environmental engineering

Education qualifications:
M.S (research) in Environmental engineering- IIT Madras- 9.00 cgpa
B.E Civil engineering- University college of engineering Osmania University- 7.1 cgpa.
12th ( Maths, phy, chem)- 93.1.
10th - 90%.

Internships;
1.NTU Singapore summer research internship.
2. wastewater treatment plant as a design intern.

Extracurricular activities.
1. Secretary for CEA(civil engineering association) - Osmania University.
2. Represented Telangana state in IBCC( Bridge designing competition ) at IIT Bombay.
3. Zonal Co-ordinator of IIBCC for TS state
4. marketing and fund rising lead for the technical fest in Osmania University.
5. Key organizer for quizzotic, A quiz competition conducted at UCEOU, where more than 30 colleges from Hyderabad participate
6. part-time work exp in a startup called sprint for IIT JEE preparation.

Can someone please help me with post MBA plans with this profile? and what are my chances of making into YLP 2020?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
G

Show Tags

New post 07 Jul 2019, 03:29
Hi vineeth28

You have an interesting background and the internships line up well with profile too. Couple of questions: Why do you want to apply for YLP? Also, what is your GMAT/GRE score? Those are key questions for YLP candidates.

vineeth28 wrote:
Personal details: looking for ylp 2020
M.vineeth, age -22, from Hyderabad. I am presently pursuing masters in Environmental engineering

Education qualifications:
M.S (research) in Environmental engineering- IIT Madras- 9.00 cgpa
B.E Civil engineering- University college of engineering Osmania University- 7.1 cgpa.
12th ( Maths, phy, chem)- 93.1.
10th - 90%.

Internships;
1.NTU Singapore summer research internship.
2. wastewater treatment plant as a design intern.

Extracurricular activities.
1. Secretary for CEA(civil engineering association) - Osmania University.
2. Represented Telangana state in IBCC( Bridge designing competition ) at IIT Bombay.
3. Zonal Co-ordinator of IIBCC for TS state
4. marketing and fund rising lead for the technical fest in Osmania University.
5. Key organizer for quizzotic, A quiz competition conducted at UCEOU, where more than 30 colleges from Hyderabad participate
6. part-time work exp in a startup called sprint for IIT JEE preparation.

Can someone please help me with post MBA plans with this profile? and what are my chances of making into YLP 2020?

Intern
Intern
B
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 07 Jul 2019, 04:51
I am 24 , Commerce Graduate from the 37th ranked college in India.

X , CBSE board - 6.4 CGPA out of 10
XII , CBSE board - 76%. Also , I have a gap year between X and XII.

Undergrad , Bachelor of Commerce . GPA - 2.00 out of 4. Grade C+ which ranges between 50-55%

Won lot of college level competitions in singing.

Did attend a foundation course in A.R.rahman's music academy in chennai after graduation though I could not complete the course because of personal reasons.

Have been working in Dad's business along with studies since grade 10. But , after leaving chennai , I have joined full time and have played a substantial role in increasing the sales of our company and marked it's presence on various online platforms. (2 and half years of work experience)

I have lived in 4 different cities. So I have a strong network of people.

Self-learned pianist. and til date I'm in the process of learning.

I am an active volunteer of Robin hood Army since 8 months , a volunteer based organisation that works to get surplus food from restaurants to the less fortunate sections of society in cities across India and 12 other countries.

What are the chances of my acceptance at ISB this year for the batch of 2020? What is the minimum score which I should target to have a safe win considering my academics being on the lower side? Can I consider S.P.jain , Mumbai? if yes , what is the safe score to bet on and what are the chances of getting a score based call?
Intern
Intern
B
CAT Tests
PROFILE EVALUATION FOR ISB AND S.P. JAIN MUMBAI  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Jul 2019, 04:52
Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

ADD SCHOOL
CAT Tests
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink] Post 07 Jul 2019, 04:51
Bookmark
this post

Undergrad , Bachelor of Commerce . GPA - 2.00 out of 4. Grade C+ which ranges between 50-55%

Did attend a foundation course in A.R.rahman's music academy in chennai after graduation though I could not complete the course because of personal reasons.

Have been working in Dad's business along with studies since grade 10. But , after leaving chennai , I have joined full time and have played a substantial role in increasing the sales of our company and marked it's presence on various online platforms. (2 and half years of work experience)

I am an active volunteer of Robin hood Army since 8 months , a volunteer based organisation that works to get surplus food from restaurants to the less fortunate sections of society in cities across India and 12 other countries.

What are the chances of my acceptance at ISB this year for the batch of 2020? What is the minimum score which I should target to have a safe win considering my academics being on the lower side? Can I consider S.P.jain , Mumbai? if yes , what is the safe score to bet on and what are the chances of getting a score based call?
SVP
SVP
G
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V48
GRE 1: Q800 V740
Re: PROFILE EVALUATION FOR ISB AND S.P. JAIN MUMBAI  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Jul 2019, 05:17
Top Contributor
amananu wrote:

Hi amananu
- As a family business applicant, you will need to show clear value addition in the business. At 2.5 years of experience, that is possible, but if you pair with a strong GMAT score (720+), especially as your academics are weak as well.
- You have some interesting ECA. No worries on that front.
- In terms of chances, at SPJIMR (PGDM) you will have low chances as GPA is a big consideration for SPJIMR; at ISB, if you achieve your target score, there is a chance.

Hope this helps. Feel free to come back with more queries as needed.

Awesome Work | Honest Advise | Outstanding Results

Reach Out, Lets chat!
Email: info at gyanone dot com | +91 98998 31738 | Skype: gyanone.services
SVP
SVP
G

Show Tags

New post 07 Jul 2019, 05:18
Top Contributor
amananu wrote:
Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

ADD SCHOOL
CAT Tests
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink] Post 07 Jul 2019, 04:51
Bookmark
this post

You posted twice by mistake. Have answered your query in the other thread.

Reach Out, Lets chat!
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: ISB '21

Show Tags

New post 07 Jul 2019, 05:23
Hi Team,

Please examine and provide a holistic honest feedback on my profile..

Academics :

10th --- 93.5%
12th --- 75.5%
B.Tech --- 77.5%
GMAT : 720

Academic Achievements :
1. Silver medal holder in Engineering second year rank.
2. Bronze medal holder for consecutive semesters 04,05& 06 in Engineering.
3. Sponsor Head for EXTC department in Engineering.
4. Elected as Vice-President and Sponsor head for EXTC Department.
5. Elected as President and Sponsor head for EXTC Department.

Extra Activities :

1. Cross fit athlete.
2. Working with NGO in collaboration with Government of Maharashtra
3. Volunteer for Beach Warriors an initiative for clean beaches in Mumbai
4. Organizing member and event manager for Zee Jaipur Literature Festival 2019.
5. Working in collaboration with Reliance Foundation for English education in Municipal Schools
6. Fund raiser for Akshay Patra
7. Poet and food travel blogs.
8. Member and Winner of Toastmaster competitions

Work Experience and Achievements:

1. Working as Software Integration Architect in Reliance Jio .
2. Managed and delivered on crucial Jio products such as Jio Phone Handsets, FTTX technologies and many more internal products.
3. Lead a team of graduate trainees in successfully deployment and delivery of multiple Jio Products.
4. Working in Real Time System deliveries overseeing huge revenues from Customer Base.

Thanks....Expecting a solid review.
SVP
SVP
G

Show Tags

New post 07 Jul 2019, 05:33
Top Contributor
Ved22 wrote:
Hi Team,

Please examine and provide a holistic honest feedback on my profile..

Academics :

10th --- 93.5%
12th --- 75.5%
B.Tech --- 77.5%
GMAT : 720

Academic Achievements :
1. Silver medal holder in Engineering second year rank.
2. Bronze medal holder for consecutive semesters 04,05& 06 in Engineering.
3. Sponsor Head for EXTC department in Engineering.
4. Elected as Vice-President and Sponsor head for EXTC Department.
5. Elected as President and Sponsor head for EXTC Department.

Extra Activities :

1. Cross fit athlete.
2. Working with NGO in collaboration with Government of Maharashtra
3. Volunteer for Beach Warriors an initiative for clean beaches in Mumbai
4. Organizing member and event manager for Zee Jaipur Literature Festival 2019.
5. Working in collaboration with Reliance Foundation for English education in Municipal Schools
6. Fund raiser for Akshay Patra
7. Poet and food travel blogs.
8. Member and Winner of Toastmaster competitions

Work Experience and Achievements:

1. Working as Software Integration Architect in Reliance Jio .
2. Managed and delivered on crucial Jio products such as Jio Phone Handsets, FTTX technologies and many more internal products.
3. Lead a team of graduate trainees in successfully deployment and delivery of multiple Jio Products.
4. Working in Real Time System deliveries overseeing huge revenues from Customer Base.

Thanks....Expecting a solid review.

Hi Ved22

We had already responded with an evaluation earlier at the following link:
https://gmatclub.com/forum/profile-eval ... l#p2298675

Just in case you missed it, here is the assessment again:
- Your academics and GMAT score are quite strong. No problems there.
- Your leadership potential is quite strong as well, across multiple areas. This is important, as ISB is a school that definitely looks beyond your core professional profile to focus on areas such as blogging, Toastmasters, and social work.
- The part where you will need to work hard - your goals and your core professional profile, and presenting that to ISB. You come from a software engineering background, that is the #1 most represented background for ISB applicants. Yes, your work on the real-time inter-state system at Jio and on telecom technologies will help, but it will need to be worked upon. This is your main challenge in this application, and you can definitely meet it.
- Also go through this series of articles as they will help you.
- Feel free to contact us directly for a short discussion as well on the details in our signature below.

Reach Out, Lets chat!
Manager
Manager
S
Schools: ISB (A)

Show Tags

New post 07 Jul 2019, 06:23
mgr5 wrote:
Question - Should I re-appear for GMAT/apply in R2? or Is it ok to apply with my GRE/GMAT score in R1? Any other suggestions please? Thanks in advance.

Why R2? We still have good 2+ months for R1 deadline. So, utilize these two months for your GMAT re-attempt. You've already established a healthy baseline of 680 on GMAT and can't go lower.

So, you're just looking at that 20-30 point jump from your current score (obviously, the higher, the better). In any case, 680 is not a no-go.

For ISB Aspirants, by ISB Alums

Free First essay
Free Profile Evaluation
Free ISB Essays Best Practices Document

ISBeacon: Your Beacon to ISB
Manager
Manager
S

Show Tags

New post 07 Jul 2019, 06:38
tanushkasingh wrote:
My questions are-
1. With less than 2 months to the stage 2 deadline, I'm not sure if I'll be able to prepare to retake the GMAT. Would this score suffice, with my profile?

You have a 700, which is a decent score. Your academic profile looks very decent too.

So, assuming that the rest of the application is in pink health, I would say you don't need to re-take GMAT.

Quote:

Since we offer consultancy services, answering this question will be a conflict of interest :)

So, for sake of objectivity, would let disinterested people respond to this question of yours.

Free First essay
Free Profile Evaluation

Manager
Manager
S
ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Jul 2019, 06:43
Hi,
please review my profile for good colleges(IIM A/B/C /ISB/top 20 across the world )
Basics
26 year male Indian
Xth = 80.2%
XIIth=85.5%
GMAT4-680(accepted))

Five GMAT attempts and counting! Wow! Your struggles with GMAT and your persistence would alone be sufficient meat for a gripping essay-story. Hats off to your perseverance.

While 680 may not be a sterling score, many people with 680 do make it to ISB every year. Your work profile is very unique (core operations) and will work to your advantage. Make sure the goals are articulated well, and align with your work experience.

So, by all means, go ahead with another GMAT attempt, with the comfort that you have nothing to loose; you already have set a very decent benchmark of 680 for yourself.

Free First essay
Free Profile Evaluation

Manager
Manager
S
ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Jul 2019, 09:45
Dear Amananu,

Outside academics, you do have a good element of diversity in your profile which needs to be brought out well in your application. Also there are a number of avenues you need to demonstrate where you can contribute to the class through that.
In general, there are no 'safe' scores. GMAT in one part of the whole equation which has elements such as work ex, acads, essays, etc. Also, since acads are clearly not your area of strength and there are other elements (e.g. singing and music), the adcom will not expect a stellar score out of you. You should aim for 670+ nonetheless.

Also, be prepared to explain the gap year in the essay and about dropping out of the music academy in the interview if you choose to showcase it somewhere.

Similar feedback for SP Jain.

All the best!

amananu wrote:

(an ISB alumni initiative)
SVP
SVP
G

Show Tags

New post 07 Jul 2019, 09:54
Top Contributor
Hi,
Basics
26 year male Indian
Xth = 80.2%
XIIth=85.5%
GMAT4-680(accepted))

Work experience
5.5 years till now in a thermal power plant (core operations) handling operations of 2 x 300 MW power plant.
Received many accolades and most number of spot recognition awards in the entire plant.
promotion :twice
Twice won best technical suggestion of the month

Also member of contingency team- providing help and suggestion at various departments of plant helping departments to smooth their functioning

Extracurricular
won essay competition at corporate level 6 years in a row .
Organised annual meets, sports meets and technical meets for company along with hr team as a part of personal interest (love event management)
Organised fests and clubs at college level also.
Junior corporate level badminton and cricket player but had to leave due to injury
actively involved in companies CSR activities for helping the villages and poor children(our new project is of village digitization)

Thinking of MBA to have career in techno commercial field (mid management or junior management role)

Hi StrugglingGmat2910
- Your acads are good, and your ECA is ok (organizing fests and events does not carry too much value in ISB's eyes, but you have done other stuff too).
- Your work is quite engineering-oriented, and your goals will need to be brought out fully, as just techno-managerial work post-PGP is not likely to excite ISB much.
- Your GMAT at 680 is about ok, as you already know. Let us assume this is the score you will go with, as you have tried post the 680 attempt as well.
- In terms of chances, look at IIMC as your best bet among the IIMs. Apply to IIMA as well (at least for the first stage, and see how things go from there). IIMB - chances are quite low.
- You may have a shot at a couple of global top 20 (as mapped by FT rankings) schools as well, if you strategize and execute well from here.

Reach Out, Lets chat!
SVP
SVP
G

Show Tags

New post 07 Jul 2019, 09:58
Top Contributor
mgr5 wrote:
Hi
Please evaluate my profile for ISB PGP, IIMA/B/C EMBA, XLRI GMP.
Age 27/Female
Scores - GMAT 680 (Q48,V35,IR3) , GRE 319 (Q170,V149,AWA 4.5)
Work exp - 6 years in IT. Have worked in Software development,Production support,QA in good service and product based firms in mostly customer centric roles. Leading a team of 4. Won several awards for outstanding performance and have had high ratings throughout.
10th - 90.4%
12th - 83.2% (100/100 in Maths)
Graduation - 85% in B.Tech(Comp. Sc.)

Extra Curricular Activities - Passionate about dance and dramatics. Organized cultural fests, won several accolades in college and in the organizations I have worked.
Volunteering - Was associated with a NGO few years back.

PostMBA goals - I am aiming for Product Marketing Manager/Strategy roles in leading IT firms post an EMBA.

Question - Should I re-appear for GMAT/apply in R2? or Is it ok to apply with my GRE/GMAT score in R1? Any other suggestions please? Thanks in advance.

Hi mgr5
- With a 680, and an IT profile, you should probably try to enhance your GMAT score. Enough time to do that and still look at R1, from hereon.
- Rest (ECA, acads, goals) seem fine. Strategy may not be very feasible as a goal for you, but Product Marketing is possible .
- If you can, please provide more details on your work and projects. Would love to have a deeper look there.

Reach Out, Lets chat!
SVP
SVP
G

Show Tags

New post 07 Jul 2019, 10:03
Top Contributor
tanushkasingh wrote:
Hello

I would like to have my profile evaluated for ISB YLP

GMAT SCORE: 700 (Q48/V37/IR7)
EDUCATION:

B.Tech (Mechanical Engineering) - Delhi Technological University (formerly DCE) - CGPA 7.67/10
12th - CBSE - 94.8%
10th - CBSE - 10 CGPA

INTERNSHIP:

Tata Steel- Marketing Strategy (currently pursuing)
Vodafone - Market Research

EXTRA CURRICULARS:

Project Head- Enactus DTU - A student organisation devising and implementing socio-economic business models. My project focused on providing access to clean drinking water in slums
Team Member- Raftaar - Technical project team, designing and manufacturing Human Powered Vehicles, promoting eco-friendly travel.

Also organised events for the above two.

My questions are-

Hi tanushkasingh
1. The 700 could well work in your case if you put in a solid application; of course, if you can improve the score, do so.
2. That is a personal decision for you to take, after evaluating where you stand, what areas a consultant could help in, and what you are capable of alone/working with a consultant. No standard answers here.

Reach Out, Lets chat!
Manager
Manager
S

Show Tags

New post 07 Jul 2019, 10:04
Midhila wrote:
Hi guys,

It will be great if someone can evaluate my profile and let me know what GMAT score should I target to bag a call from ISB and also a general profile evaluation keeping in mind a score of 680-690 would help.

Age 31/Female

10th(CBSE)- 83%
12th(CBSE)- 78%
Computer Science Engineering(Calicut University Kerala)- 69%
Completed Business Leadership Programme with ICICI(MBA banking and finance)- CGPA of 7.0 (an elite programme with ICICI bankLtd)

Work Experience Total - 6.5 years+ (I am aiming for ISB round 1)
1. Infosys,Mangalore- Systems Engineer- 3 years

Here I worked in Core JAVA projects.

2. ICICI Bank Ltd, Mumbai-
a. 2016-2018(Commercial Banking): Worked as Account Manager for Big corporates like Marico, many gems and jewellery units. My client base included many SME clients. Also I led many New Client Acquisitions for my unit.
b. 2018-present:I am working in Operational risk profile as a Risk analyst with various groups mapped under me for Risk evaluation. Also I played a Key role in driving a software induction for my group within ICICI.

Achievements:Acknowleded for Highest Advance Tax collection across Mumbai.
Co-curricular- Plenty and plenty of award for various events,Debates,dramatics,including University level award and State level beauty pageant(won subtitle :)),
Volunteering: Worked as Placements officer with Make a Difference,Mangalore

- Just to add, I am a proud mom of 19 month old baby.

PostMBA goals: While I did work in business development with my current organisation, it became imperative that I switch to the present role postpartum. Now with this MBA I aim to switch industry and zing back to my earlier profile, even marketing profiles if possible as that is where my heart lies!

Thanks in advance! :)

Hi Midhila,
- Strong profile overall with a healthy mix of work-ex, academics and co-curricular activities
- Making a switch to business development should be fine, especially within financial services. Switching to core marketing will be a challenge so you should focus on business development as your primary goal in the application
- ISB looks at GMAT as one of the pieces of the entire puzzle and since you have more than 6 years of experience, the expectation should be to have a 680+ to demonstrate a good trajectory of academics

All the best!
(an ISB alumni initiative)
SVP
SVP
G

Show Tags

New post 07 Jul 2019, 21:12
Top Contributor
sheen22 wrote:
Hi GyanOne,

Thanks for providing me feedback on the post.

I currently work at a very small early stage startup as a product manager, but really it is not limited to just product management- I wear multiple hats everyday - QA, customer success, operations I have done it all. But It has been a continuously evolving product and has been an amazing learning curve for me personally. I primarily want to join a business course to learn from the experience of others in my class.

Before this, I have been at an IT biggie as a Automation test Engineer for an investment management plaform for one of the biggest European insurance companies, and my role was single contribution tech centric role. But I felt I liked more the aspects of business and user experince management, therefore, moved to a startup. I haven't done much extra curricular while I am working but I have been avidly reading, travelling and practicing fitness.

I have been an active part of AIESEC during college and worked in different roles there for about 2 years- I helped international interns finding volunteer opportunities in Local NGOs and I was a part of various fundraising and awareness events for AIESEC partner NGOs and attended various youth conferences as well.

My targets are ISB and one year European MBA courses.

Please advise ont he aspects which I'm lacking. I also want to check whether I should apply this year or wait for another year to add experience.

Thank you so much!

GyanOne wrote:
sheen22 wrote:
Hi,

I am an Indian Female, with about 4 years of experience in Indian Tech(one of the big names of Indian IT as well as a small but growing startup, worked in the domains of investment management and digital media research). Holding a porition of immense responsibility at my current workplace, only females in the mid-level management of the organization.

Academics-
10th: 93%
12th: 73%
B.tech (ECE): 68%

A lot of extra-curriculars in college, part of various youth organizations, held social events and worked with NGOs.

Not much extra going on while I am working except I read what is revelant to my current role.
Post MBA Goals: product management.
GMAT: not taken yet

Attended an event at ISB once in college and in love with it ever since. :)

What are my chances and what is the minimum score I need ? Thank you!

Hi sheen22

- Seems to be some good work there, but you are broadly still in the hypercompetitive IT category. Target a minimum GMAT of 700, especially as your engineering GPA is also just about average.
- Please provide more details on your current work and responsibilities, for a better assessment of the professional profile.
- ECA seems fine from what you did in college; again, more details there would be appreciated for a better evaluation.

Hi sheen22

Appreciate you sharing more details. Here is what we feel:
- Your role at this startup seems interesting, but a lot would depend on where the product is now, and how the startup is doing too. Hopefully, all that is in place.
- The earlier role as an automation test engineer is again quite technical, and testing/creating scenarios and scripts is seen as too engineering focused. The role there was more of a solo one as well. You did a good thing by moving.
- In terms of your ECA, with these additional details, you seem ok.
- European programs are possible, but would be able to comment with a GMAT score. As suggested earlier, please try for 700+ on the GMAT side.

Reach Out, Lets chat!
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 07 Jul 2019, 23:38
Kindly evaluate my profile for ISB Flagship program

Education:
10th (Maharashtra State Board)- 85%
12th (Maharashtra State Board)- 84%
B-Tech, Industrial Biotechnology- Anna University, Chennai, India- CGPA: 8.4/10
PhD in Biomedical Science (6 years), UMass Medical School, Worcester, US: 1 high impact publication and 1 US patent

Work Exp:
Senior Scientist in a Contract Research Organization- 2 years
- Leading a team of 17 scientists in Biotech R&D to cater to global pharmaceutical clients
- Involved in R&D Operations, Project and People management, Communication with global clients

Co-curricular:
- Organized technical and cultural workshops in India and in the US
- Captain of a club cricket team for 6 years

GMAT: Not yet given

Post ISB goals: Business Strategy roles in healthcare sector in India

Your inputs are greatly appreciated.

Thanks
GMAT Club Bot
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!   [#permalink] 07 Jul 2019, 23:38

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  143   144   145   146   147  ...  155    Next  [ 3082 posts ] 

ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: warriorguy, LeoN88