GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 18 Aug 2019, 04:05

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Jul 2019, 04:24
SharanyaReddy3006 wrote:
Hello All !

Please evaluate my profile and let me know on the chances of getting in

Nationality : Indian
Class X : 93%
CLass 12 : 98%
Btech in Mechanical engineering( JNTU university hyderabad) : 86%
Mtech in BITS Pilani (WILP) : 97.5%
GMAT Score : 710

Overall 6 years of experience in Aerospace manufacturing company " Tata Advanced systems Limited"
3 years in Operations ( Production, Engineering, Tooling)
3 years in Supply chain ( Strategic sourcing team)
Certifications:
Lean six sigma green belt trained and led several projects

Extra curriculars :
Participated in indoor sports and atheltics at school, college and comapny level.
Participated in CSR initiatives from company side.

Post MBA goal:
Leading global supply chain teams across different industries.

Please let me know.

Thanks !

Posted from my mobile device

You have a solid profile Sharanya, especially grades in Class X, XII and BTech, MTech. Since you spent six years at Tata Advanced Systems, would be helpful to know about your title changes i.e. career progression. Generally Adcom love career proression in same comoany as it shows you delivered and won the trust of your superiors to entrust you with greater professional responsibilities. MTech from BITS Pilani and Six Sigma certification also add more credibility :)

Your GMAT is bit on the lower side but still quite competitive for Indian female ISB applicant pool. Even extra-curricular are a bit weak. Strong extra curriculars show demonstrated involvement over a sustained period of time. You should focus on highlighting your strongest asset i.e. career progression at Tata Advanced Systems, how it made you realize you need an MBA now and why ISB is the right place for you to get it :thumbup:
Intern
Intern
B
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Jul 2019, 05:14
Hi Everyone!

Please evaluate my profile -

24 years old, engineer and male.

Academics -
Xth - 95%/10 CGPA
XIIth - 91%
Engg - 71.38%
GMAT - 690(Q48, V36)

Work Exp (2 years and 3 months by March '20)-
1. Startup - established a music school (Presently pursuing)
2. Marketing executive in a leading media house - 1 year and 5 months
2. Marketing intern at Oyo (converted internship into a full time job offer) - 3 months

Extra-Curricular-
1. Part time instructor at a music school (2014-19)
2. Completed Grade 8,7,6,4 and 2 in guitar from Trinity College, London
3. Front man of a band
4. MOOC certifications in marketing, analytics and coding
5. Organised events in schools and college

Thanks.
Intern
Intern
Schools: ISB '21
GRE 1: Q162 V154
GPA: 4

Show Tags

New post 14 Jul 2019, 10:20
Hi,

Kindly review my profile for ISB

Nationality / Age: Indian female / 24
GMAT/GRE Score : 316 GRE, planning to retake GRE/GMAT in August
Work Experience : 3+ years, currently working as an Associate Product Manager at Olacabs
Educational Background: BTech in Electrical and Electronics Engineering, RVCE
GPA : 8.66/10, 94.6% in 10, 95% in 12
Achievement highlights :
1. Worked on an automated analysis product that was awarded NASSCOM Emerge 50 2016
2. Invited by University Innovation Fellows (a program by Stanford University) to deliver a talk on my views on the gap between graduate education and industry requirements and my experience leading teams as a Google Student Ambassador
3. Selected and sponsored by Google from over 300 applicants to attend the Grace Hopper Celebration in Orlando, 2017
4. Google Student Ambassador in College, VP of Entrepreneurship Cell
5. Mentor of Change, Atal Innovation labs, Gov of India
6. Worked on the DISHA dashboard for the Gov of India

Post MBA goals: Consulting, Product Management, maybe my own startup

Kindly review my profile

Thank you
SVP
SVP
D

Show Tags

New post 14 Jul 2019, 10:40
SharanyaReddy3006 wrote:
Hello All !

Class X : 93%
CLass 12 : 98%
Btech in Mechanical engineering( JNTU university hyderabad) : 86%
Mtech in BITS Pilani (WILP) : 97.5%
GMAT Score : 710

Overall 6 years of experience in Aerospace manufacturing company " Tata Advanced systems Limited"
3 years in Operations ( Production, Engineering, Tooling)
3 years in Supply chain ( Strategic sourcing team)
Certifications:
Lean six sigma green belt trained and led several projects

Extra curriculars :
Participated in indoor sports and atheltics at school, college and comapny level.
Participated in CSR initiatives from company side.

Post MBA goal:
Leading global supply chain teams across different industries.

Please let me know.

Thanks !

Hi Sharanya,

I like your profile overall. You have good academics, a decent GMAT score and substantial work experience. While compiling your application, you must talk about the leadership aspects of your work and your achievements, which I believe you would have in your operations role. It would also be interesting to note any challenges you faced in your company considering that you would be among the few females in a male-dominated industry.

The weak link out here is your career goals- when you say you wish to lead supply chain teams across industries, what exactly does that mean? Are you planning to work in consulting? if yes, which type of consulting firms? Career goals need granularity. If you haven't thought through them well as yet, then you should do that now. Consider reaching out to us if you need help.

Ask us for ASSESSING YOUR MBA CHANCES

Totally Invested In Your Success. Therefore, unlimited essay guidance and unlimited communication with you.
SVP
SVP
D
ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Jul 2019, 10:49
grungekid94 wrote:
Hi Everyone!

Please evaluate my profile -

24 years old, engineer and male.

Academics -
Xth - 95%/10 CGPA
XIIth - 91%
Engg - 71.38%
GMAT - 690(Q48, V36)

Work Exp (2 years and 3 months by March '20)-
1. Startup - established a music school (Presently pursuing)
2. Marketing executive in a leading media house - 1 year and 5 months
2. Marketing intern at Oyo (converted internship into a full time job offer) - 3 months

Extra-Curricular-
1. Part time instructor at a music school (2014-19)
2. Completed Grade 8,7,6,4 and 2 in guitar from Trinity College, London
3. Front man of a band
4. MOOC certifications in marketing, analytics and coding
5. Organised events in schools and college

Thanks.

Hi there,

I'd like to know a bit more about your music school. How long ago did you establish it and how much have you grown it? From the perspective of your work experience, I'd ask you to wait a bit and then apply to ISB. My calculations tell me that you have recently launched the music school. That's surely going to make the adcom wonder why you need an MBA so soon after launching a venture? Even otherwise, your work experience is on the lower side and it feels after reading your profile that you will be better prepared to join the PGP with some more work experience under your belt.
I'd also like to know your career goals and how they connect with what you have done so far.

You should also retake GMAT to make your application stronger.

Totally Invested In Your Success. Therefore, unlimited essay guidance and unlimited communication with you.
SVP
SVP
D
ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Jul 2019, 10:57
fdundo wrote:
Hi,

Work Experience : 3+ years, currently working as an Associate Product Manager at Olacabs
Achievement highlights :
1. Worked on an automated analysis product that was awarded NASSCOM Emerge 50 2016
2. Invited by University Innovation Fellows (a program by Stanford University) to deliver a talk on my views on the gap between graduate education and industry requirements and my experience leading teams as a Google Student Ambassador
3. Selected and sponsored by Google from over 300 applicants to attend the Grace Hopper Celebration in Orlando, 2017

Kindly review my profile

Thank you

Hi fdundo,

That's a great work profile and I'd definitely encourage you to retake GRE in order to submit a stronger application at ISB. Your ECAs also sound substantial and aligned with the your work profile
Product management as a goal is better aligned with your career so far, as compared to consulting- here you should pick a career path which is more believable and speaks to your current work experience and interest directly. I am not a big fan of putting entrepreneurship down as a career goal unless you already have/ are pursuing a business idea or are an entrepreneur already, however, I'd be happy to hear your ideas on this.

Reach out if you'd like to discuss further.

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 14 Jul 2019, 11:01
Hi! I am hoping to join ISB for 2020, the aim is career change. Don’t have good grades though.

X : 83%
XII: 72%
College: National Law School graduates with 59%, cleared CLAT for this college

GMAT Score : 700

Overall 8 years of experience -

3 yrs in a Big4 worked as the in-house legal counsel
5 years in the High Courts and District Courts, Consumer Courts, Family Courts, Real Estate Courts, National Green Tribunal etc. I work under a senior lawyer.

Reason for change - ever since I left the corporate world I haven’t been able to earn as much. Liked working in a Big4 but was only working with teams for legal issues.

Extra curriculars :

Provide probono legal services to underprivileged women who need help with domestic abuse cases, divorce and dowry cases.

Did a bunch of NCC stuff in school went on a one month trek to the lower Himalayas, won some intra school swimming competitions, won a bunch of debates in school (although I don’t know if school extracurricular counts now)

Post MBA Expectations -

Would like to switch over to consultancy probably in the Development Sector Practice Areas.

SVP
SVP
G
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V48
GRE 1: Q800 V740

Show Tags

New post 14 Jul 2019, 19:41
Top Contributor
fdundo wrote:
Hi,

Achievement highlights :

Kindly review my profile

Thank you

Hi fdundo

The rest looks good, but please try and raise your GRE score by at least 5 points.

Awesome Work | Honest Advise | Outstanding Results

Reach Out, Lets chat!
Email: info at gyanone dot com | +91 98998 31738 | Skype: gyanone.services
SVP
SVP
G

Show Tags

New post 14 Jul 2019, 21:09
Top Contributor
Opiumcandy wrote:
Hi! I am hoping to join ISB for 2020, the aim is career change. Don’t have good grades though.

5 years in the High Courts and District Courts, Consumer Courts, Family Courts, Real Estate Courts, National Green Tribunal etc. I work under a senior lawyer.

Reason for change - ever since I left the corporate world I haven’t been able to earn as much. Liked working in a Big4 but was only working with teams for legal issues.

Extra curriculars :

Provide probono legal services to underprivileged women who need help with domestic abuse cases, divorce and dowry cases.

Did a bunch of NCC stuff in school went on a one month trek to the lower Himalayas, won some intra school swimming competitions, won a bunch of debates in school (although I don’t know if school extracurricular counts now)

Post MBA Expectations -

Would like to switch over to consultancy probably in the Development Sector Practice Areas.

Hi Opiumcandy
- Overall, with a law and advocacy related profile, you would bring a lot of diversity. That, and the 700 GMAT, can help overcome the low GPA.
- Would invite more details on your career goal. Way it seems right now, you would be bringing more of your legal skills to such a role. Would need to think more deeply to understand how the MBA would help here. Generally, most lawyers applying to ISB take the corporate route. Social consulting is not impossible for you (you have after all been providing pro bono legal advice too), but would need more scoping.

Hope this helps. Feel free to come back with more queries as needed or to get in touch directly for a quick chat.

Reach Out, Lets chat!
SVP
SVP
D

Show Tags

New post 14 Jul 2019, 23:25
Opiumcandy wrote:

Extra curriculars :

Post MBA Expectations -

Hi OpiumCandy,

You have substantial work experience as a corporate and litigating lawyer. From this, you will have to find the right nuggets that would be relevant to business school and would excite the adcom for the business knowledge and learning you bring to the MBA class. Some questions that come to my mind are: What kind of experience do you bring through the real estate court? Have you worked on any high profile cases? Have you been involved in RERA cases? Spoken to the regulators? At the Family court, have you been involved in cases related to trust laws, HUF? Basically, what are the cases that you have worked upon that involved some business and would thus be relevant for business school? For the NGT, have you been involved in some landmark cases which you could leverage to position your career goals in the development sector? Lastly, it will be important to tie all of the above together to make a case for why you need an MBA? While an MBA does help pivot a career change, you should have clarity on how it would help YOU in particular in achieving that outcome.

Among the extracurriculars, your help to the underprivileged women ties directly to your lawyer experience and is thus very valid. The NSS stuff, i would say is dated and of lesser value.

Intern
Intern
B
GRE 1: Q167 V159
WE: Project Management (Consulting)

Show Tags

New post 15 Jul 2019, 21:57
Hi All,

Nationality: Indian
Class X: 93.2%
Class 12: 94.4%
BE in Civil engineering (PSG College of Technology, Coimbatore): 9.12%
GRE Score: 326 (Q167 and V159)

Work Ex:
Overall 4 years of experience in Decision Science company "Mu Sigma Business Solutions Pvt. Ltd."
Working with Fortune 100 US bases organizations. Primary role as a Program Manager

Extracurricular:
Active at quizzing and theatre through school and college
Help start the only online college magazine
Participated in CSR initiatives from company side

Post MBA goal:
Switch to roles in consultancy, strategy or technology sector

Please let me know.
SVP
SVP
G

Show Tags

New post 15 Jul 2019, 22:05
Top Contributor
sharatrbabu wrote:
Hi All,

Work Ex:
Overall 4 years of experience in Decision Science company "Mu Sigma Business Solutions Pvt. Ltd."
Working with Fortune 100 US bases organizations. Primary role as a Program Manager

Extracurricular:

Post MBA goal:

Please let me know.

Hi sharatrbabu
- Your professional experience is quite favorable. Analytics professionals are in demand, as much at ISB as in industry.
- Your GRE score and academics are good as well.
- Please provide more details on your ECA and you level of involvement. Slight concern area here as quizzing and the college mag may not count for too much.
- On your goals, strategy will be tough to get into. Tech is possible, but depends on your exposure so far. Consulting is on.

Hope this helps. Feel free to come back with more queries as needed or to get in touch directly for a chat.

Reach Out, Lets chat!
Intern
Intern
Schools: ISB '20
GPA: 3.7

Show Tags

New post 15 Jul 2019, 22:06
Hi Team,

Please evaluate my profile and tell me the probability to get into ISB and top 50 Eurasian b schools

MALE, GENERAL, ENGINEER

AGE; 25
EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND:

1OTH: 87.8(ICSE)
12TH: 96.2
GRAD:80.82 (MECHANICAL)
COLLEGE: GVPCOE (1 OF THE TOP IN THE STATE)

WORK EX: 4 YRS IN TCS

1. WORKED AS MECHATRONICS ENGINNER IN PRINTER PROTOTYPE DEVELOPMENT PROJECT FOR 8 MONTHS
2. QUALITY SPOC AND LEAD FOR 20 MEMBERS IN NETWORK BUILD PROJECT

WHY MBA: INTROSPECTION ON MY LEADERSHIP ABILITY. FELT HARD TIME LEADING 20 PEOPLE AND ALSO WANT TO SHIFT TO CORE DOMAIN AND OPERATIONS MANAGEMENT

ACHIEVEMENTS:

1. NOT SO NOTABLE ON STATE OR NATIONAL LEVEL
2. WON NIIT CERTIFICATIONS IN SCHOOL
3. CONDUCTED EVENTS IN COLLEGE TECHNICAL FEST

HOBBIES:

COOKING, CRICKET

GMAT SCORE: YET TO TAKE

KINDLY REVIEW MY PROFILE AND GIVE ME SCORE TO TARGET.

THANKS
Intern
Intern
B
GRE 1: Q167 V159
WE: Project Management (Consulting)

Show Tags

New post 15 Jul 2019, 22:17
GyanOne wrote:
sharatrbabu wrote:
Hi All,

Work Ex:

Extracurricular:

Post MBA goal:

Please let me know.

Hi sharatrbabu
- Your professional experience is quite favorable. Analytics professionals are in demand, as much at ISB as in industry.
- Please provide more details on your ECA and you level of involvement. Slight concern area here as quizzing and the college mag may not count for too much.
- On your goals, strategy will be tough to get into. Tech is possible, but depends on your exposure so far. Consulting is on.

Hope this helps. Feel free to come back with more queries as needed or to get in touch directly for a chat.

Thank you so much for your response. Regarding ECA - as part of the company CSR I have helped solving the problem of traffic in Rural Bangalore, India. As with quizzing, I made it to the finals of Tata Crucible Zonal round in college. Additionally, I have contributed to NGO- Make a Difference (MAD) during my college days by helping them in organization various events.
Intern
Intern
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 15 Jul 2019, 22:52
For YLP 2019 (Admit 2021/22)

Nationality - Indian
Gender - Female
Age - 20
Background - Commerce
Graduation - Sri Venkateswara College’ 19

Percentage/ GPA
10th - 9.4
12th - 95.6%
Graduation - 7.5

Extra Curricular (College)

- Placement Cell, Placement Coordinator 2016-2019
- Finance Club 2016-2017
- Marketing Club, Executive Member 2016-2017
- Social work - ABLE Charities India, Team head (2016-2019)
- Choreography society, SVC (2017)
- Campus Ambassador SPJain 2018-2019

School
- Recieved 6 scholar badges
- scholarship for class 11th - 12th
- Prefect, Student council
- Annual functions (Dance)

I gave gmat on 10/7/19 and scored 610 (47/27)

I’m giving another attempt on 15/8/19.

Please let me know how to improve my profile and what score should I target?

SVP
SVP
G

Show Tags

New post 16 Jul 2019, 00:23
Top Contributor
ShagunAbbey wrote:
For YLP 2019 (Admit 2021/22)

Nationality - Indian
Gender - Female
Age - 20
Background - Commerce
Graduation - Sri Venkateswara College’ 19

Percentage/ GPA
10th - 9.4
12th - 95.6%
Graduation - 7.5

Extra Curricular (College)

- Placement Cell, Placement Coordinator 2016-2019
- Finance Club 2016-2017
- Marketing Club, Executive Member 2016-2017
- Social work - ABLE Charities India, Team head (2016-2019)
- Choreography society, SVC (2017)
- Campus Ambassador SPJain 2018-2019

School
- Recieved 6 scholar badges
- scholarship for class 11th - 12th
- Prefect, Student council
- Annual functions (Dance)

I gave gmat on 10/7/19 and scored 610 (47/27)

I’m giving another attempt on 15/8/19.

Please let me know how to improve my profile and what score should I target?

Hi ShagunAbbey

Are you currently in contention for YLP Round 2 (after clearing Round 1)?

Reach Out, Lets chat!
SVP
SVP
G

Show Tags

New post 16 Jul 2019, 00:27
Top Contributor
sharatrbabu wrote:
GyanOne wrote:
sharatrbabu wrote:
Hi All,

Work Ex:

Extracurricular:

Post MBA goal:

Please let me know.

Hi sharatrbabu

Thank you so much for your response. Regarding ECA - as part of the company CSR I have helped solving the problem of traffic in Rural Bangalore, India. As with quizzing, I made it to the finals of Tata Crucible Zonal round in college. Additionally, I have contributed to NGO- Make a Difference (MAD) during my college days by helping them in organization various events.

Looks decent Sharat. Go ahead and start working on your apps and target R1.

Reach Out, Lets chat!
Intern
Intern
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 16 Jul 2019, 00:28
Yes

SVP
SVP
G

Show Tags

New post 16 Jul 2019, 02:28
Top Contributor
ShagunAbbey

As of now focus your efforts only on the app and the GMAT. You are 70+ points away from a decent score (YLP-wise) and ~100+ from a competitive one. Also make sure you put in a strong essay and app - the topic for this year requires a lot of thought to select the right examples and emphasis.

Apart from these angles, the rest of your profile is fine.

Reach Out, Lets chat!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
G

Show Tags

New post 16 Jul 2019, 20:02
Hi rahul396

You belong to one of the most competitive segments of applicants. Therefore your aim should be to bring out aspects of your profile that set you aside from your peers. Some of these could be in the form of achievements, initiatives, and awards at work, others could be in the form of extracurriculars. Cooking can be a great hobby too; if you are really serious about it and can talk about it in-depth, say, for instance, a signature dish. Further, we feel that you may need a little more clarity on goals - both short term and long term and what kind of roles would you like to take up.

In terms of GMAT, aim for a high GMAT score 720-730, and of course, the higher the better.

Hope this helps. Feel free to reach out for a discussion.

rahul396 wrote:
Hi Team,

Please evaluate my profile and tell me the probability to get into ISB and top 50 Eurasian b schools

MALE, GENERAL, ENGINEER

AGE; 25
EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND:

1OTH: 87.8(ICSE)
12TH: 96.2
GRAD:80.82 (MECHANICAL)
COLLEGE: GVPCOE (1 OF THE TOP IN THE STATE)

WORK EX: 4 YRS IN TCS

1. WORKED AS MECHATRONICS ENGINNER IN PRINTER PROTOTYPE DEVELOPMENT PROJECT FOR 8 MONTHS
2. QUALITY SPOC AND LEAD FOR 20 MEMBERS IN NETWORK BUILD PROJECT

WHY MBA: INTROSPECTION ON MY LEADERSHIP ABILITY. FELT HARD TIME LEADING 20 PEOPLE AND ALSO WANT TO SHIFT TO CORE DOMAIN AND OPERATIONS MANAGEMENT

ACHIEVEMENTS:

1. NOT SO NOTABLE ON STATE OR NATIONAL LEVEL
2. WON NIIT CERTIFICATIONS IN SCHOOL
3. CONDUCTED EVENTS IN COLLEGE TECHNICAL FEST

HOBBIES:

COOKING, CRICKET

GMAT SCORE: YET TO TAKE

KINDLY REVIEW MY PROFILE AND GIVE ME SCORE TO TARGET.

THANKS

All these questions have a single answer : APPHELP
Phone: +91 9871354580
Email: info@apphelp.co.in
GMAT Club Bot
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!   [#permalink] 16 Jul 2019, 20:02

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  145   146   147   148   149  ...  154    Next  [ 3077 posts ] 

ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: warriorguy, LeoN88