GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 07 Dec 2019, 09:07

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!

  new topic post reply Update application status  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 05 Jul 2019
Posts: 28
Location: India
Schools: ISB '21
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Jul 2019, 05:52
What GMAT score should I target?

Thanks

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 28 May 2019
Posts: 4
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Jul 2019, 12:14
MBADecoder wrote:
Ishaan2510 wrote:
*POSTING AGAIN FOR VISIBILITY. THANKS*

Hi, I am reaching out to understand my chances to do my second MBA from ISB.

Please find below my profile and it would be great if you could evaluate the same.

Curriculum:
Indian Male, 30 yrs. Class X - 78%, Class XII - 63%, Bachelor's of Engineering in Electronics and Telecommunication (Mumbai University) - 63% and Masters in Management Studies (Mumbai University) - 73%.

Work experience:
- Total 72 Months experience.
- 22 Months as a Strategy planner for offline brand communications. Was selected as a part of Young leadership council to bring effective changes at workplace.
- Moved to a digital communication company as an account manager to gain digital marketing experience, worked there for 21 months
- Moved to another communication agency to work as Senior strategy planner on large brands like HSBC, Hindustan Unilever Limited. Worked there for 26 months.
- From last 3 months I am working as Digital marketing manager for an upcoming brand in healthcare sector.
Already managed to achieve All Time High numbers through key digital initiatives.

Co-curricular activities:
- Elected as the Chairman of IEEE student chapter and the Head of advisory committee. Lead the chapter of over 500 students.
Organized engagement activities and Social initiatives in partnership with Department of directorate of environment of Maharashtra
- Appeared on multiple debate panels for the RKB show on Lemon TV, which later moved to Sahara TV
- Organised blood donation camps in partnership with State Blood Transfusion Council
- Conceptualized and created a mobile app that used the untapped real estate of mobile lock-screens. Learnt the ropes of digital marketing while creating this app.
- Currently trying my hand with a small e-commerce brand that sells products in the international market
- Recently won a Silver medal at State level for 'MuayThai Association Maharashtra'

Career Aim:
I have always wanted to work on the overall brand development. While earlier I focused on the communication area of brands, I have now developed skill sets on performance and funnel marketing.
With the second MBA, I intend to achieve 3 things:
- Work for a mid to large size organization where I get to play an active role in overall brand marketing and strategy
- Avoid slotting myself as single channel expert
- Fast-track the above mentioned objectives

Posted from my mobile device


Hi Ishaan,

I am just wondering if the post MBA career change is difficult to effect without an MBA. As you have both online and offline marketing experience, isn't the change possible without an MBA?

Also, how about a part time program such as PGP Pro?

Your experience ofcourse is good, and so are your ECAs. But I would like more clarity on the need for an MBA given your goals.


Hi Namita,

Thank you for your evaluation.

Though I have both offline & online experience, I generally get slotted as a communication specialist. Thus it gets difficult for me to bag an overall marketing profile which owns end to end marketing of a brand. Also, the experience that I have accumulated so far is limited to small sized companies and firms. With my aim to move to a large organization I need learnings from premier institute like ISB. Not sure if these career goals are valid enough to seek a second MBA.
Please advice.

Thanks.
Regards,
Ishaan
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 13 Mar 2019
Posts: 8
Location: India
Schools: NTU '21 (D)
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V34
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Jul 2019, 06:28
Hello All,
Please help me to evaluate my profile for ISB

Nationality- Indian, Male, Age-24

Undergraduate- National Institute of Technology Jamshedpur, India (CGPA-8.46) Completed in May 2017
12th- 94.6%
10th- 10 CGPA
GMAT SCORE- 650

Professional Experience:-
1. 25 months of Total Work experience- 2 months in South Korea
2. Organization -Leading Mobile electronics company
3. Current Role - Engineer, Involved in RnD
4. Experience in handling RnD projects from concept to market launch
5. Experience in working with multi-cultural and multi-national teams

Achievements:-
1. Best performance award
2. Spot Award
3. Winner of several inter-university dramatics competitions

Co-curricular Activities
1. President of Students' Council of university
2. General Secretary of Students' Council of university
3. Joint Alumni Secretary of Students' Council of university
4. First Year Representative of Students' Council of university
5. Member of Alumni Relations Cell in University

Posted from my mobile device
SVP
SVP
User avatar
P
Status: Top MBA Admissions Consultant
Joined: 24 Jul 2011
Posts: 1916
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V48
GRE 1: Q800 V740
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 Jul 2019, 02:54
Top Contributor
neelbiswas01 wrote:
Hello All,
Please help me to evaluate my profile for ISB

Nationality- Indian, Male, Age-24

Undergraduate- National Institute of Technology Jamshedpur, India (CGPA-8.46) Completed in May 2017
12th- 94.6%
10th- 10 CGPA
GMAT SCORE- 650

Professional Experience:-
1. 25 months of Total Work experience- 2 months in South Korea
2. Organization -Leading Mobile electronics company
3. Current Role - Engineer, Involved in RnD
4. Experience in handling RnD projects from concept to market launch
5. Experience in working with multi-cultural and multi-national teams

Achievements:-
1. Best performance award
2. Spot Award
3. Winner of several inter-university dramatics competitions

Co-curricular Activities
1. President of Students' Council of university
2. General Secretary of Students' Council of university
3. Joint Alumni Secretary of Students' Council of university
4. First Year Representative of Students' Council of university
5. Member of Alumni Relations Cell in University

Posted from my mobile device


Hi neelbiswas01

The rest of your profile is really good, but the GMAT score lets you down. Focus on getting that 650 to at least a 680, if not a 700, and you should be good.
_________________
GyanOne [www.gyanone.com]| Premium MBA and MiM Admissions Consulting

Awesome Work | Honest Advise | Outstanding Results

Reach Out, Lets chat!
Email: info at gyanone dot com | +91 98998 31738 | Skype: gyanone.services
SVP
SVP
User avatar
P
Status: Top MBA Admissions Consultant
Joined: 24 Jul 2011
Posts: 1916
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V48
GRE 1: Q800 V740
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 Jul 2019, 02:56
Top Contributor
chetansood wrote:
Please evaluate my profile for isb.

Age 32
Last gmat score was 680 in 2014 now targetting 720.

Graduation: btech electronics and communication. 80%.

2 years of work ex in ericsson, with 3 months of international experience ( USA ).

Self employed running the family manufacturing business ( small scale ) for the past 6 years.

10th standard 88%
12th standard 86%

Posted from my mobile device


Hi chetansood

Please provide more insight into your family business role and work.
_________________
GyanOne [www.gyanone.com]| Premium MBA and MiM Admissions Consulting

Awesome Work | Honest Advise | Outstanding Results

Reach Out, Lets chat!
Email: info at gyanone dot com | +91 98998 31738 | Skype: gyanone.services
SVP
SVP
User avatar
P
Status: Top MBA Admissions Consultant
Joined: 24 Jul 2011
Posts: 1916
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V48
GRE 1: Q800 V740
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 Jul 2019, 02:59
Top Contributor
Akshatarora0112 wrote:
Hi!

Please evaluate my profile for ISB:

Age: 25 years

GMAT Score: 750 (Q48, V45)

Educational Qualifications:

Graduation: B.Tech in Mechatronics Engineering-3.30/4.00 (86%)
Class 12: 89.3%
Class 10: 9.4/10.0

Work Experience:
Working at Maruti Suzuki India Limited (3 Years) in a central operations and strategy role in production. Responsible for central procurement (~100MRs) procurement strategy, system adherence, strategy deployment in areas of cost, quality, safety and productivity.

Extra Curricular:
Finisher at Desert Storm rally in 2018.
Participated in various cricket tournaments at school, college and company level.
Winner at company level management quiz.
Participated in multiple theatre and music competitions in school and college.
Finisher at Devils Circuit Delhi Edition 2019

I really enjoy meeting people and sharing stories.
Enjoy cricket and badminton.
Love listening to music and playing the drums.
Recently been cycling a lot and planning to get associated with a cycling group in Delhi.

Thanks!


Excellent profile, strong chances, Akshatarora0112. Use this time now to start working on your app!
_________________
GyanOne [www.gyanone.com]| Premium MBA and MiM Admissions Consulting

Awesome Work | Honest Advise | Outstanding Results

Reach Out, Lets chat!
Email: info at gyanone dot com | +91 98998 31738 | Skype: gyanone.services
SVP
SVP
User avatar
P
Status: Top MBA Admissions Consultant
Joined: 24 Jul 2011
Posts: 1916
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V48
GRE 1: Q800 V740
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 Jul 2019, 03:04
Top Contributor
Ishaan2510 wrote:
*POSTING AGAIN FOR VISIBILITY. THANKS*

Hi, I am reaching out to understand my chances to do my second MBA from ISB.

Please find below my profile and it would be great if you could evaluate the same.

Curriculum:
Indian Male, 30 yrs. Class X - 78%, Class XII - 63%, Bachelor's of Engineering in Electronics and Telecommunication (Mumbai University) - 63% and Masters in Management Studies (Mumbai University) - 73%.

Work experience:
- Total 72 Months experience.
- 22 Months as a Strategy planner for offline brand communications. Was selected as a part of Young leadership council to bring effective changes at workplace.
- Moved to a digital communication company as an account manager to gain digital marketing experience, worked there for 21 months
- Moved to another communication agency to work as Senior strategy planner on large brands like HSBC, Hindustan Unilever Limited. Worked there for 26 months.
- From last 3 months I am working as Digital marketing manager for an upcoming brand in healthcare sector.
Already managed to achieve All Time High numbers through key digital initiatives.

Co-curricular activities:
- Elected as the Chairman of IEEE student chapter and the Head of advisory committee. Lead the chapter of over 500 students.
Organized engagement activities and Social initiatives in partnership with Department of directorate of environment of Maharashtra
- Appeared on multiple debate panels for the RKB show on Lemon TV, which later moved to Sahara TV
- Organised blood donation camps in partnership with State Blood Transfusion Council
- Conceptualized and created a mobile app that used the untapped real estate of mobile lock-screens. Learnt the ropes of digital marketing while creating this app.
- Currently trying my hand with a small e-commerce brand that sells products in the international market
- Recently won a Silver medal at State level for 'MuayThai Association Maharashtra'

Career Aim:
I have always wanted to work on the overall brand development. While earlier I focused on the communication area of brands, I have now developed skill sets on performance and funnel marketing.
With the second MBA, I intend to achieve 3 things:
- Work for a mid to large size organization where I get to play an active role in overall brand marketing and strategy
- Avoid slotting myself as single channel expert
- Fast-track the above mentioned objectives

Posted from my mobile device


Hi Ishaan2510
- Your profile overall is quite solid, and with a 700+ score, you would have an excellent chance at ISB.
- The MMS isn't really an MBA in ISB's eyes, so don't worry on that part. Yes, you might need to explain why you need the ISB PGP now, but that is a different answer from explaining why you need a second MBA. Read this article exactly on this topic.
- Your career goal will need to be thought through more. You have offline and online experience, so what is stopping you from overall brand development right now? Working for a larger organization may not be enough of a rationale for the MBA. You can get there, but shape your thinking more on this front.
- As of now, focus on the GMAT and on a strong score.

Hope this helps. Feel free to come back with more queries as needed.
_________________
GyanOne [www.gyanone.com]| Premium MBA and MiM Admissions Consulting

Awesome Work | Honest Advise | Outstanding Results

Reach Out, Lets chat!
Email: info at gyanone dot com | +91 98998 31738 | Skype: gyanone.services
Manager
Manager
User avatar
S
Status: Your Beacon to ISB!
Joined: 03 Aug 2015
Posts: 181
Schools: ISB (A)
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 Jul 2019, 03:50
Akshatarora0112 wrote:
Hi!

Please evaluate my profile for ISB:

Age: 25 years

GMAT Score: 750 (Q48, V45)

Educational Qualifications:

Graduation: B.Tech in Mechatronics Engineering-3.30/4.00 (86%)
Class 12: 89.3%
Class 10: 9.4/10.0

Work Experience:
Working at Maruti Suzuki India Limited (3 Years) in a central operations and strategy role in production. Responsible for central procurement (~100MRs) procurement strategy, system adherence, strategy deployment in areas of cost, quality, safety and productivity.

Extra Curricular:
Finisher at Desert Storm rally in 2018.
Participated in various cricket tournaments at school, college and company level.
Winner at company level management quiz.
Participated in multiple theatre and music competitions in school and college.
Finisher at Devils Circuit Delhi Edition 2019

I really enjoy meeting people and sharing stories.
Enjoy cricket and badminton.
Love listening to music and playing the drums.
Recently been cycling a lot and planning to get associated with a cycling group in Delhi.

Thanks!

V45! Holy cow Akshatarora0112. Clearly a verbal demigod!

Get the most mileage out of this score, by crafting an immaculate application. Your post doesn't give me a sense of your motivation for MBA.
_________________
http://www.ISBeacon.com

For ISB Aspirants, by ISB Alums

Free First essay
Free Profile Evaluation
Free ISB Essays Best Practices Document


ISBeacon: Your Beacon to ISB
Manager
Manager
User avatar
S
Status: Your Beacon to ISB!
Joined: 03 Aug 2015
Posts: 181
Schools: ISB (A)
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 Jul 2019, 03:54
neelbiswas01 wrote:
Professional Experience:-
1. 25 months of Total Work experience- 2 months in South Korea
2. Organization -Leading Mobile electronics company

Does the name of that Leading Mobile electronics company start with a S or a L ;)

650 ain't gonna make the cut neelbiswas01. Would urge you to consider a retake.
_________________
http://www.ISBeacon.com

For ISB Aspirants, by ISB Alums

Free First essay
Free Profile Evaluation
Free ISB Essays Best Practices Document


ISBeacon: Your Beacon to ISB
SVP
SVP
User avatar
P
Status: Top MBA Admissions Consultant
Joined: 24 Jul 2011
Posts: 1916
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V48
GRE 1: Q800 V740
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 Jul 2019, 04:13
Top Contributor
adeep93 wrote:
*Posting again for Visibility*
Hey,

It will be great if someone could help me in evaluating my profile for ISB.

I'm working as a software engineer at the Adobe. Been a part of Adobe Acrobat Team for 4 years and worked on PDF (Both in Quality and Development) and its related solutions. Have worked cross-functionally with other teams within my company and outside my company.

Academic Stats -

USICT Btech CSE(Class of 2015) - 78%
Class 12th - 92.6%
Class 10th - 89.6%

Why MBA?
Interested in changing my vertical to Product Management, Strategy and also I have an interest in Business Analytics.
Also, it would great if someone could share and guide me regarding my further steps for the GMAT prep and its timeline. :)

Thanks in Advance!


Hi adeep93

Product management could be a good fit for someone like you, but before that focus on the GMAT (700+). Please also share details on your ECA and leadership activities if possible for a more complete assessment
_________________
GyanOne [www.gyanone.com]| Premium MBA and MiM Admissions Consulting

Awesome Work | Honest Advise | Outstanding Results

Reach Out, Lets chat!
Email: info at gyanone dot com | +91 98998 31738 | Skype: gyanone.services
SVP
SVP
User avatar
P
Status: Top MBA Admissions Consultant
Joined: 24 Jul 2011
Posts: 1916
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V48
GRE 1: Q800 V740
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 Jul 2019, 04:17
Top Contributor
reach2sangram wrote:
I would appreciate if someone can review my profile. I have still not given GMAT, however I'm targeting a score of 700+.

Academic profile

Class X : 83%
Class XII : 78
B.Tech : 7.65 (NIT RKL Mining Engineering)

Work Experience

I'm working in Coal India Limited since 2010 (9 years of experience) . From 2010 to 2017 worked as shift manager looking after production of shift, manpower management and safety. From April 2017 working as Dispatch officer. My work requires frequent interaction with End-users.

Certificate:
Mining 2nd class certificate (DGMS approved)

What is my chance in ISB(2021 INTAKE)
I would be grateful for an honest review of my profile.
Thanks!


Hi reach2sangram

What are the post-MBA goals you are aiming for? 9+ years is significant, and though ISB values PSU experience, will need to calibrate your fit with post-MBA goals.
_________________
GyanOne [www.gyanone.com]| Premium MBA and MiM Admissions Consulting

Awesome Work | Honest Advise | Outstanding Results

Reach Out, Lets chat!
Email: info at gyanone dot com | +91 98998 31738 | Skype: gyanone.services
SVP
SVP
User avatar
P
Status: Top MBA Admissions Consultant
Joined: 24 Jul 2011
Posts: 1916
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V48
GRE 1: Q800 V740
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 Jul 2019, 04:19
Top Contributor
SingaravelChocks wrote:
is there any group for EEO ??? 2019 application .. and joining at 2021


This is the only thread for profile evaluations. However, irrespective of whether you are a YLP, EEO, or regular PGP applicant, you can post here. This thread is quite active and you will definitely get some helpful replies from peers and admissions consultants here (us included).
_________________
GyanOne [www.gyanone.com]| Premium MBA and MiM Admissions Consulting

Awesome Work | Honest Advise | Outstanding Results

Reach Out, Lets chat!
Email: info at gyanone dot com | +91 98998 31738 | Skype: gyanone.services
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
G
Joined: 04 Jun 2010
Posts: 403
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 Jul 2019, 07:17
Hi neelbiswas01

We believe you have a strong profile. International work experience and the awards make you stand apart professionally. Academics so far are also good. While you can make it with an average GMAT, 650 is on the lower side and might really hurt your chances.

Unless you're convinced that you can't give another shot at GMAT (and that's totally understandable :)), try to push it at least to 680-700. If not, focus on putting together a stellar application and you may still have a chance.

Feel free to reach out for a discussion.


neelbiswas01 wrote:
Hello All,
Please help me to evaluate my profile for ISB

Nationality- Indian, Male, Age-24

Undergraduate- National Institute of Technology Jamshedpur, India (CGPA-8.46) Completed in May 2017
12th- 94.6%
10th- 10 CGPA
GMAT SCORE- 650

Professional Experience:-
1. 25 months of Total Work experience- 2 months in South Korea
2. Organization -Leading Mobile electronics company
3. Current Role - Engineer, Involved in RnD
4. Experience in handling RnD projects from concept to market launch
5. Experience in working with multi-cultural and multi-national teams

Achievements:-
1. Best performance award
2. Spot Award
3. Winner of several inter-university dramatics competitions

Co-curricular Activities
1. President of Students' Council of university
2. General Secretary of Students' Council of university
3. Joint Alumni Secretary of Students' Council of university
4. First Year Representative of Students' Council of university
5. Member of Alumni Relations Cell in University

Posted from my mobile device

_________________
Apphelp : India's # 1 MBA admissions consultancy
-----------------------------------------------
Confused about MBA application strategy? Need help with Essay Review? Need mock interviews?
All these questions have a single answer : APPHELP
Phone: +91 9871354580
Email: info@apphelp.co.in
Website: http://www.apphelp.co.in
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 02 Jun 2014
Posts: 55
Schools: ISB '15
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
CAT Tests
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 Jul 2019, 07:57
Hello,

I would appreciate an eval on my profile for isb.

Indian male 32 years.

Exprience.

2010 december - 2012 feb
Telecommunications MNC work ex.
Out of which 3 months were in USA.

2012 feb - to present.
Self employed small scale manufacturing. 30 - 40 employees mostly all unskilled.

Managed all aspects of the business from sales to accounting to manufacturing.

The business was falling apart, took the reigns and grew the sales.

Academics
Gmat yet to take.
10th 12th 85% +
Btech from jaypee university 7.6 gpa equivalent to 80%.

Still successfully running the business but will like to get an mba


I would like to know for a profile like mine what kind of gmay score will get me an interview.

Also what other schools should i look at assuming i can get a score of 710 or more.

Regards
Chetan

Posted from my mobile device
SVP
SVP
User avatar
D
Joined: 16 Jan 2012
Posts: 1871
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 Jul 2019, 22:49
chetansood wrote:
Hello,

I would appreciate an eval on my profile for isb.

Indian male 32 years.

Exprience.

2010 december - 2012 feb
Telecommunications MNC work ex.
Out of which 3 months were in USA.

2012 feb - to present.
Self employed small scale manufacturing. 30 - 40 employees mostly all unskilled.

Managed all aspects of the business from sales to accounting to manufacturing.

The business was falling apart, took the reigns and grew the sales.

Academics
Gmat yet to take.
10th 12th 85% +
Btech from jaypee university 7.6 gpa equivalent to 80%.

Still successfully running the business but will like to get an mba


I would like to know for a profile like mine what kind of gmay score will get me an interview.

Also what other schools should i look at assuming i can get a score of 710 or more.

Regards
Chetan

Posted from my mobile device


Hi Chetan,

It would be relevant to know what type of business you were running, what were your key achievements and how much were you able to scale the company.
Also, why do you want to get an MBA and what will happen to your business while you go to biz school? Considering the last point and your age, ISB might push you towards a PGP Pro.
_________________
Namita Garg,
http://www.mbadecoder.com
Contact us at: contact@mbadecoder.com

Ask us for ASSESSING YOUR MBA CHANCES

Invested In Your Success
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 03 Jan 2018
Posts: 2
How much score do I need to crack ISB with my profile?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Aug 2019, 07:38
I have scores of 86%, 55% and 81% in my 10th, 12th and Engineering (Computer Science) respectively, with 4 years of experience in one of the hottest technologies - Salesforce. Also, I hold 8 certifications and one of them being a Application Architect, I work as an Associate Technical Lead right now. I do not have any extra curricular achievements as such.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 22 Mar 2019
Posts: 3
Re: How much score do I need to crack ISB with my profile?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Aug 2019, 08:05
710

Posted from my mobile device
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
D
Joined: 05 Jul 2018
Posts: 462
Location: India
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT 1: 600 Q47 V26
GRE 1: Q162 V149
GPA: 3.6
WE: Information Technology (Consulting)
Reviews Badge
Re: How much score do I need to crack ISB with my profile?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Aug 2019, 08:18
1
amr1kdas wrote:
4 years of experience in one of the hottest technologies

Ohh man...I expected a company like Dominos with that modifier :)
Director
Director
User avatar
V
Joined: 25 Dec 2018
Posts: 524
Location: India
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT Date: 02-18-2019
GPA: 3.4
WE: Engineering (Consulting)
CAT Tests
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Aug 2019, 10:56
saileebh wrote:
Hey,

Please evaluate my profile for ISB:

Age: 23 yr

GMAT Score: 690 [Quant:50 , Verbal:33, I.R.:8 , AWA:5]

Educational Qualifications:

Graduation: Completed B.E in Computer Science from Mumbai University in 2012 with 78%.
H.S.C: secured 92.17% from Science stream from Maharashtra Board in 2008.
S.S.C: secured 88.33% from Maharashtra Board in 2006.

Work Experience:
Working as a Quality Analyst in ThoughtWorks for 21 months now.

Extra Curricular:
I spoke at Grace Hopper Conference (GHC), Bangalore in 2013 about Accessibility Testing and also in an ThoughtWorks internal testing conference VodQA about Security testing. I also have attended OWASP security conference in the same year.
I have also participate in organizing different internal events for ThoughtWorks.

I love meeting different people, conversing with them.
I love playing different outdoor sports like cricket, volleyball, basketball,etc. Also, I participated in different sports since school days.


With a good essay and strong recommandations, you score might be sufficent to get admit. However they look into holistic profile not into only a parameter.
Sloan MIT School Moderator
User avatar
P
Joined: 17 Jul 2018
Posts: 577
Premium Member Reviews Badge
ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Aug 2019, 12:00
1
saileebh wrote:
Hey,

Please evaluate my profile for ISB:

Age: 23 yr

GMAT Score: 690 [Quant:50 , Verbal:33, I.R.:8 , AWA:5]

Educational Qualifications:

Graduation: Completed B.E in Computer Science from Mumbai University in 2012 with 78%.
H.S.C: secured 92.17% from Science stream from Maharashtra Board in 2008.
S.S.C: secured 88.33% from Maharashtra Board in 2006.

Work Experience:
Working as a Quality Analyst in ThoughtWorks for 21 months now.

Extra Curricular:
I spoke at Grace Hopper Conference (GHC), Bangalore in 2013 about Accessibility Testing and also in an ThoughtWorks internal testing conference VodQA about Security testing. I also have attended OWASP security conference in the same year.
I have also participate in organizing different internal events for ThoughtWorks.

I love meeting different people, conversing with them.
I love playing different outdoor sports like cricket, volleyball, basketball,etc. Also, I participated in different sports since school days.



You belong to set of population that needs a GMAT of 720 to get into any top program in the world, yes, world.

AS for your Work ex
You might need to explain such a huge gap in working, you passed out in 2012, and you only have a work ex of 21 months, you're only 23???

Something isn't adding up here

2012 was 7 years ago,
you're 23, so seven years ago you'd be what 16??

Subtract 4 years for B.E
That will get you to 12 years old

Are you suggesting you passed 12th as a 12 year old???

I can help you out here, It is just that the Adcom will ask you the exact same question when they see such an unususl case, coz if you did score a 92% in the state board at an age of 12, I don't think this application has any chance of getting rejected..... At all.....
GMAT Club Bot
ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!   [#permalink] 01 Aug 2019, 12:00

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  149   150   151   152   153  ...  163    Next  [ 3258 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!

  new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: warriorguy, LeoN88






Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne