GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 25 Aug 2019, 15:29

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: ISB '15
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Aug 2019, 12:12
Hello Can someone help evaluate my profile.

32 years male.

Btech electronics 2010 grad jaypee noida gpa 7.6 ~ 80 %

12th 85.6%
10th ~ 88 %

2 years 2 months for ericsson 2010 dec to 2013 feb.

3 months of work ex in USA

2013 feb to now working for myself running a manufacturing unit. ( small scale 40 employees skilled / unskilled. )

Gmat in 2014 680 q51 v 30

Gmat aim this timr 730 .

Tentative test taking date oct mid.

Interested in mba from isb

And want to explore colleges from abroad that are in top 30 and can yeild a decent return on my time and money spent.

I intend to work a job for a few years before i get back to business

Posted from my mobile device
SVP
SVP
G
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V48
GRE 1: Q800 V740
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Aug 2019, 22:14
Top Contributor
amr1kdas wrote:
I have scores of 86%, 55% and 81% in my 10th, 12th and Engineering (Computer Science) respectively, with 4 years of experience in one of the hottest technologies - Salesforce. Also, I hold 8 certifications and one of them being a Application Architect, I work as an Associate Technical Lead right now. I do not have any extra curricular achievements as such.

Hi amr1kdas

Looks promising, especially the Application Architect part. However, please keep in mind that you will still broadly be seen as an IT applicant, and thus will be in a pool that is highly competitive. Also, while Salesforce is certainly hot, it is not the only one of its kind, and thus credit at ISB will be limited for just this factor. A bit curious about the 8 certification you have, though - what tech areas are they in?

You should be aiming for a 720+ on the GMAT, given the competitive pool you will be in.

Hope this helps for now. Feel free to come back with more queries as needed.

Awesome Work | Honest Advise | Outstanding Results

Reach Out, Lets chat!
Email: info at gyanone dot com | +91 98998 31738 | Skype: gyanone.services
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: ISB '21
GMAT 1: 690 Q42 V41

Show Tags

New post 01 Aug 2019, 23:34
Hi ,

would be thankful if Experts could evaluate my profile :

10th - 83%
12 - 75%
Mechanical engineering - 74% (anna university chennai)

extra co [b]College -->[/b] founded the Students formula racing club and led a batch of 22 young engineering grads to develop a formula 3 race car and race it in the madras motor sports track .

work Ex-->

3 years of experience as R&D engineer in Renault and Nissan , out of which 1 year i lead a team of 2 other engineers and acted as the Single Point Of Contact for digital validation of closures for an upcoming Renault Car ( closures= doors, bonnet, tailgate, trims )

1.5 Years of experience as Product strategist with Nissan
responsibilities involve --> competitor benchmarking, conducting survey , qualitative research etc to ensure nissan's competitiveness for future vehicles

International exp -- > no international exp as of date but worked extensively with french and Japanese counterparts in india

GMAT Score -- > 690 ( Q42 , V 41)

problem is i have been trying to improve Quant but i dont have enough time to for this round of ISB , so I am wondering if i should apply with this score . Would the fact that I come from automotive sector and that I worked in both technical and strategy help get me through or is my Quant score a black hole??
SVP
SVP
G

Show Tags

New post 01 Aug 2019, 23:46
Top Contributor
gmattodreamschool wrote:
Hi ,

would be thankful if Experts could evaluate my profile :

10th - 83%
12 - 75%
Mechanical engineering - 74% (anna university chennai)

extra co [b]College -->[/b] founded the Students formula racing club and led a batch of 22 young engineering grads to develop a formula 3 race car and race it in the madras motor sports track .

work Ex-->

3 years of experience as R&D engineer in Renault and Nissan , out of which 1 year i lead a team of 2 other engineers and acted as the Single Point Of Contact for digital validation of closures for an upcoming Renault Car ( closures= doors, bonnet, tailgate, trims )

1.5 Years of experience as Product strategist with Nissan
responsibilities involve --> competitor benchmarking, conducting survey , qualitative research etc to ensure nissan's competitiveness for future vehicles

International exp -- > no international exp as of date but worked extensively with french and Japanese counterparts in india

GMAT Score -- > 690 ( Q42 , V 41)

problem is i have been trying to improve Quant but i dont have enough time to for this round of ISB , so I am wondering if i should apply with this score . Would the fact that I come from automotive sector and that I worked in both technical and strategy help get me through or is my Quant score a black hole??
\

Hi gmattodreamschool

- ISB will not reject you only on the GMAT score even though your Quant percentile will be (very) low. The 690 could work.
- You do have enough time for a retake if you can get that quant score. Saying that this might be valuable because even if you get a Q48 (still not a very high quant score) V40, your score will rise to 720.
- Other than these, your profile should be pretty good. You will need to have a solid post-MBA goal in mind (especially this year, as ISB is also focusing on long term goals), but you can do it.

Hope this helps. Feel free to come back with more queries as needed.

Reach Out, Lets chat!
Manager
Manager
S
Schools: ISB (A)

Show Tags

New post 02 Aug 2019, 00:10
Hi gmattodreamschool, your quant score in isolation should not be a huge concern; however, you can try a re-attempt and see how it goes. Your Verbal score was clearly your big savior:).

If you are working in R&D sector of automobile segment, you really need to think thru in terms of what exactly you want out of your MBA. After all, you seem to be largely (if not solely) in a technical profile.

So, what is it about management education that has piqued your interest. This articulation needs to come out very well in ISB's Goals essay.

For ISB Aspirants, by ISB Alums

Free First essay
Free Profile Evaluation
Free ISB Essays Best Practices Document

ISBeacon: Your Beacon to ISB
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 690 Q42 V41

Show Tags

New post 02 Aug 2019, 01:15
ISBeacon wrote:
Hi gmattodreamschool, your quant score in isolation should not be a huge concern; however, you can try a re-attempt and see how it goes. Your Verbal score was clearly your big savior:).

If you are working in R&D sector of automobile segment, you really need to think thru in terms of what exactly you want out of your MBA. After all, you seem to be largely (if not solely) in a technical profile.

So, what is it about management education that has piqued your interest. This articulation needs to come out very well in ISB's Goals essay.

hi thanks for the reply .

As I currently work in the product strategy field a large part of my work involves identifying the market trends ,current needs of the customer , identification of unmet needs by surveys and talking to the customer and finding a way to capitalize on it so my brand can gain some market share . as such I need to know things such as pricing strategy , dealing with innovation , etc that are taught as a coursework in most of the MBAs . further I aspire to be a product manager and such a role demand an MBA .

I hope to convince the ISB panel with the above . Pls let me know if the above is enough

thanks and regards
:)
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 03 Aug 2019, 04:44
adeep93 wrote:
MBADecoder wrote:
adeep93 wrote:
*Posting again for Visibility*
Hey,

It will be great if someone could help me in evaluating my profile for ISB.

I'm working as a software engineer at the Adobe. Been a part of Adobe Acrobat Team for 4 years and worked on PDF (Both in Quality and Development) and its related solutions. Have worked cross-functionally with other teams within my company and outside my company.

Academic Stats -

USICT Btech CSE(Class of 2015) - 78%
Class 12th - 92.6%
Class 10th - 89.6%

Why MBA?
Interested in changing my vertical to Product Management, Strategy and also I have an interest in Business Analytics.
Also, it would great if someone could share and guide me regarding my further steps for the GMAT prep and its timeline. :)

Thanks in Advance!

Hi Adeep,

I'd like to know more details about your work experience to understand its unique aspects. You are applying from the most competitive applicant pool, so there have to be some spike factors that strengthen your case. In addition, are there any extra curriculars that you are passionately involved in and have made some impact?
Also your career goals are wide and spread out. you have talked about different functions. For the sake of application you will have to come up with one coherent goal that makes most sense with your past experience in consideration

Hi Namita,

Thanks for the preliminary evaluation.

[*]I have worked on the development of the features and has been the creator of different frameworks that have helped in the cutting down the manual effort by a great margin in different phases of the Software Cycle of different features that I have worked with the Adobe Acrobat Team.
[*]I have also led various projects with being sole-point of contact.
[*]Worked on hacks in Coding hackathons on ideas which have been chosen and shipped in the market releases too.

Besides this, in my extracurriculars, I'm an avid fan of football and I've represented my company in Football tournaments and outside my companies too.

For the answer to why MBA my coherent goal to derive and drive innovations from customer's wish to reality. And that's what has intrigued and piqued my interest in the Product Management while working with Product Management division. I've interacted with the various customers worldwide both regular and enterprise, via Forums and meetings to realize their sentiment and pain points while using our products through data-driven analytics to come up with better and efficient daily solutions.

Hoping this clears your asks and concerns. Let me know if there are any other concerns that I should address and keep in mind while applying in ISB.

Also, it'll be great if you could share with me the score I should target for getting admission in ISB.

Again, thanks for taking out time and your guidance.

Regards
Aakash

GyanOne
Manager
Manager
S

Show Tags

New post 04 Aug 2019, 10:16
gmattodreamschool wrote:
hi thanks for the reply .

As I currently work in the product strategy field a large part of my work involves identifying the market trends ,current needs of the customer , identification of unmet needs by surveys and talking to the customer and finding a way to capitalize on it so my brand can gain some market share . as such I need to know things such as pricing strategy , dealing with innovation , etc that are taught as a coursework in most of the MBAs . further I aspire to be a product manager and such a role demand an MBA .

I hope to convince the ISB panel with the above . Pls let me know if the above is enough

thanks and regards
:)

Sure this looks better. Make sure this is articulated well in the second essay (that's the only way to convince ISB panel:)).

Free First essay
Free Profile Evaluation

Intern
Intern
GRE 1: Q165 V156

Show Tags

New post 06 Aug 2019, 09:32
Hi everyone can someone please evaluate my profile:
Gre score:165 quant + 156 verbal=321
10 cbse :10 cgpa
12 cbse:93%
Gate Rank 2017:280
Work ex till march 2020:2 years and 7 months
Btech:GBPUAT Pantnagar 8.538/10 CGPA
Working in NTPC ltd as Assistant Manager
Awards:
1.Vice Chancellor's Gold Medal
2.TCS Best student award(Gold Medal and 10000 Rs)
3.Scored Highest Marks in Midterm and Final term assessment in
NTPC (Due Gold Medal to be given in September 2019)
4.Recipient of Amul Vidyashree Award for outstanding
performance in C.B.S.E examinations 2011
5.Certificate of Excellence for the year 2011-2012 (Class XI)
6.Awarded Merit Scholarship
(given to top three C.G.P.A holders ) for the academic sessions
2013-2014,2014-2015 and 2015-2016.

Extracurricular:
1. Certificate of Achievement Supply Chain Analytics (MITx)
2. Certificate of Achievement Supply Chain Fundamentals (MITx)
3.Supply Chain principles (Georgia Institute of Technology)
4. X series professional Certificate of Achievement in Microsoft Excel for the Data Analyst (Microsoft)
5.Professional Certificate in Six Sigma and Lean: Quantitative Tools for quality and Productivity(Technische
Universitat Munchen)
6.Lean Six Sigma KPMG (Green Belt)
7.Certificate in The hidden value -Lean in manufacturing and
services (BCG)
8.Certificate in DO Your Venture: Entrepreneurship For Everyone(IIM B)
9.Certificate in Welcome to Game Theory (University of Tokyo)
10.Certificate in People Management for Entrepreneurs(IIM B)
11.Certificate in Competitive Strategy(Ludwig-Maximilians Universität München)
12.Certificate in Business Communication(Rochester Institute of Technology)
13.Certificate in Data-driven Decision Making(PwC)
14.Certificate in Introduction to Project Management(University of Adelaide)
15.Certificate Of Achievement in Introduction to Operations Management-I (IIM Bangalore)
16.Certificate Of Excellence in Auto Queria(Automobile Quiz) organized by SAE India (2014 and 2015)
17.Captain of University Table Tennis Team (2014-2015)
Page 3
18.Certification Of Participation in Virtual BAJA SAEINDIA, 2014
19.Certificate Of Participation in ShellIdeas 360
20.Treasurer of Mech Chap (Branch Chapter Of Mechanical Engine
21.Safest Employee award in NTPC Lara for 2019
22.Member of Ngo Astitva for 4 years in college
Intern
Intern
GRE 1: Q165 V156

Show Tags

New post 06 Aug 2019, 09:36
Hi everyone can someone please evaluate my profile:
Gre score:165 quant + 156 verbal=321
10 cbse :10 cgpa
12 cbse:93%
Gate Rank 2017:280
Work ex till march 2020:2 years and 7 months
Btech:GBPUAT Pantnagar 8.538/10 CGPA
Working in NTPC ltd as Assistant Manager
Awards:
1.Vice Chancellor's Gold Medal
2.TCS Best student award(Gold Medal and 10000 Rs)
3.Scored Highest Marks in Midterm and Final term assessment in
NTPC (Due Gold Medal to be given in September 2019)
4.Recipient of Amul Vidyashree Award for outstanding
performance in C.B.S.E examinations 2011
5.Certificate of Excellence for the year 2011-2012 (Class XI)
6.Awarded Merit Scholarship
(given to top three C.G.P.A holders ) for the academic sessions
2013-2014,2014-2015 and 2015-2016.

Extracurricular:
1. Certificate of Achievement Supply Chain Analytics (MITx)
2. Certificate of Achievement Supply Chain Fundamentals (MITx)
3.Supply Chain principles (Georgia Institute of Technology)
4. X series professional Certificate of Achievement in Microsoft Excel for the Data Analyst (Microsoft)
5.Professional Certificate in Six Sigma and Lean: Quantitative Tools for quality and Productivity(Technische
Universitat Munchen)
6.Lean Six Sigma KPMG (Green Belt)
7.Certificate in The hidden value -Lean in manufacturing and
services (BCG)
8.Certificate in DO Your Venture: Entrepreneurship For Everyone(IIM B)
9.Certificate in Welcome to Game Theory (University of Tokyo)
10.Certificate in People Management for Entrepreneurs(IIM B)
11.Certificate in Competitive Strategy(Ludwig-Maximilians Universität München)
12.Certificate in Business Communication(Rochester Institute of Technology)
13.Certificate in Data-driven Decision Making(PwC)
14.Certificate in Introduction to Project Management(University of Adelaide)
15.Certificate Of Achievement in Introduction to Operations Management-I (IIM Bangalore)
16.Certificate Of Excellence in Auto Queria(Automobile Quiz) organized by SAE India (2014 and 2015)
17.Captain of University Table Tennis Team (2014-2015)
Page 3
18.Certification Of Participation in Virtual BAJA SAEINDIA, 2014
19.Certificate Of Participation in ShellIdeas 360
20.Treasurer of Mech Chap (Branch Chapter Of Mechanical Engine
21.Safest Employee award in NTPC Lara for 2019
22.Member of Ngo Astitva for 4 years in college
Manager
Manager
S

Show Tags

New post 06 Aug 2019, 09:46
Hi rajshreesweta, would urge you to consider re-attempting GRE, to push that score by at least 3-4 points.

Your experience is slightly on the lower side and while rest of your profile seems very good, why let few GRE marks come between you and your aspirations?

Free First essay
Free Profile Evaluation

Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 680 Q47 V35
ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 07 Aug 2019, 04:51
Hi,

I am an Indian Army officer with 20 years experience in Logistics and Supply Chain Management, and 42 years of age. Also lead an army unit with more than 1000 personnel under me. International exposure of 14 months in a United Nations Peace Keeping Mission in Africa. My GMAT score is 680 (Q 47, V 35). Please evaluate my profile. Should I aim for 700+ and attempt again?

Originally posted by ajayps77 on 07 Aug 2019, 04:42.
Last edited by ajayps77 on 07 Aug 2019, 04:51, edited 1 time in total.
SVP
SVP
G

Show Tags

New post 07 Aug 2019, 04:50
Top Contributor
ajayps77 wrote:
Hi,

I am an Indian Army officer with 20 years experience in Logistics and Supply Chain Management, and 42 years of age. Also lead an army unit with more than 1000 personnel under me. International exposure of 14 months in a United Nations Peace Keeping Mission in Africa. My GMAT score is 680 (Q 47, V 35). Please evaluate my profile. Should I aim for 700+ and attempt again?

Hi ajayps77

Although you have way more experience than the ISB average (in fact, 4 times as much), your unique background and accomplishments mean that you could well be among those 5-10 exceptional people that ISB takes in irrespective of the quantity of work experience, because the quality of work experience far supersedes it. A 680 may work very well for you. Your key goal will be to show an Army to civilian life transition, and what role an MBA would help you achieve.

Hope this helps. Feel free to come back with more queries as needed.

Reach Out, Lets chat!
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 620 Q46 V29
ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Aug 2019, 04:56
Hi just took my exam today...650 Q48,V33 IR-5.
13+ Years experience in steel PSU. Age 35.
Xth 73.5%
XII 80%
B tech from JNTU Hyderabad 63.5%
Have been part of biking expeditions (self organised)
Trekking by YHAI (life member)
Had a stint at a start-up ...had to wrap up after ayear of struggle..
Active as faculty for technical subjects both at work and outside..
Please evaluate my profile
Target schools...ISB, IIMA,B,C,I...
GMAT1- 620...

SVP
SVP
G

Show Tags

New post 07 Aug 2019, 05:04
Top Contributor
spkumar wrote:
Hi just took my exam today...650 Q48,V33 IR-5.
13+ Years experience in steel PSU. Age 35.
Xth 73.5%
XII 80%
B tech from JNTU Hyderabad 63.5%
Have been part of biking expeditions (self organised)
Trekking by YHAI (life member)
Had a stint at a start-up ...had to wrap up after an year if struggle..
Active as faculty for technical subjects both at work and outside..
Please evaluate my profile
Target schools...ISB, IIMA,B,C,I...
GMAT1- 620...

Hi spkumar

This score may not be enough for ISB. You are also on the higher side of work-ex for IIMB/C. IIMA would need a higher score (680+). The rest of your profile seems ok from what you have described, but as the UG score is somewhat lower a higher GMAT for that and other reasons would be helpful.

Reach Out, Lets chat!
Manager
Manager
S

Show Tags

New post 07 Aug 2019, 06:48
ajayps77 wrote:
Hi,

Hi Ajay, you don't need to reappear in GMAT.

The reason is that your USP is your experience.

ISB may still reject your candidature, if it concludes that your experience is already so much that a MBA might not add any significant value to your profile.

Or

ISB may be extremely willing to have you in the batch, since you have demonstrated leadership experience.

In either case, 20 additional points on GMAT are not going to be of much value towards your candidature.

Do work on your essays around Operations Management. You have a very strong Operations background and ISB offers Operations as a specialization as well.

Free First essay
Free Profile Evaluation

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 07 Aug 2019, 07:16
Hello,

Please provide your feedback on my profile for ISB.

GMAT Score: 710 Q-50 V-36 IR-7 AWA-4

Education Qualifications:
UG - 81.04%
12th - 95.6%
10th - 93.5%

Work experience:
Started working as Associate Consultant from Jul 2016 - Till Mar 2017
Associate Project Manager (current role) at Microsoft since Apr 2017

Achievements: (All at Work)
1. Won a team award for better performance
2. Led a campaign representing my domain
3. Led an initiative and successfully deployed it to wider forum

Please let me know your thoughts.
SVP
SVP
G

Show Tags

New post 07 Aug 2019, 07:58
Top Contributor
Muralidhar wrote:
Hello,

UG - 81.04%
12th - 95.6%
10th - 93.5%

Work experience:

Hi Muralidhar

Pending an evaluation of your ECA, looks pretty good. All set for an R1 app.

Reach Out, Lets chat!
SVP
SVP
D

Show Tags

New post 07 Aug 2019, 08:00
Muralidhar wrote:
Hello,

UG - 81.04%
12th - 95.6%
10th - 93.5%

Work experience:

Hi Murlidhar,

your work experience sounds good, but do provide some more details. Are you in a business/client facing role? tell a little more about your work experience. What do you want to do after mBA? What have you done outside of work?

Ask us for ASSESSING YOUR MBA CHANCES

Totally Invested In Your Success. Therefore, unlimited essay guidance and unlimited communication with you.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 08 Aug 2019, 15:56
Hi,
Please evaluate my profile for ISB
GMAT: 690
Work Experience( Total): Full time: 3.5 years( 1 year in India 2 years in US)
1 year--> Working as a Programmer Analyst in India
July 2017-Present --> Working as a Software Developer and Architect at Shift4 Payments, Las Vegas NV

Part time : 2 years( US- Working as a Graduate Assistant)

Education: MS in Computer Science (UNLV) (3.6 GPA)
BTech Computer Science ( WBUT, India) (8.7/10 GPA)
Class XII - CBSE(91 %)
Class X - CBSE (88.2%)

Currently I am based in Las Vegas US and am working for a product development company for payments and security.

Achievements
- Coordinator of Indian Students Association
- Supporting NGOs for conservation of forests
GMAT Club Bot
ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!   [#permalink] 08 Aug 2019, 15:56

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  149   150   151   152   153   154   155    Next  [ 3085 posts ] 

ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: warriorguy, LeoN88