GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 25 Aug 2019, 15:28

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!

  new topic post reply Update application status  
Author Message
SVP
SVP
User avatar
G
Status: Top MBA Admissions Consultant
Joined: 24 Jul 2011
Posts: 1878
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V48
GRE 1: Q800 V740
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 Aug 2019, 20:49
Top Contributor
sneha061192 wrote:
Hi,
Please evaluate my profile for ISB
Age: 26 years
Gender: Female
GMAT: 690
Work Experience( Total): Full time: 3.5 years( 1 year in India 2 years in US)
1 year--> Working as a Programmer Analyst in India
July 2017-Present --> Working as a Software Developer and Architect at Shift4 Payments, Las Vegas NV

Part time : 2 years( US- Working as a Graduate Assistant)

Education: MS in Computer Science (UNLV) (3.6 GPA)
BTech Computer Science ( WBUT, India) (8.7/10 GPA)
Class XII - CBSE(91 %)
Class X - CBSE (88.2%)

Currently I am based in Las Vegas US and am working for a product development company for payments and security.

Achievements
- Coordinator of Indian Students Association
- Supporting NGOs for conservation of forests


Hi sneha061192

- Your academics (the Master's in the US helps as well) are quite good, and even though you will be considered an IT applicant, digital payments is a good area to be in.
- A 690 could well work in your case but you will need to explain why you need an Indian MBA now, and what you plan to achieve post MBA.
- The part-time experience will not count in the total experience for ISB (as ISB considers only post-qualification experience).
- The ECA will need a closer look. From what you've described, this does not seem a strong plank. Please provide more details here if possible.

Hope this helps. Feel free to come back with more queries as needed.
_________________
GyanOne [www.gyanone.com]| Premium MBA and MiM Admissions Consulting

Awesome Work | Honest Advise | Outstanding Results

Reach Out, Lets chat!
Email: info at gyanone dot com | +91 98998 31738 | Skype: gyanone.services
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 03 Aug 2019
Posts: 5
Location: India
Schools: ISB '21
GMAT 1: 640 Q48 V29
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Aug 2019, 00:58
Hi,
Please evaluate my profile for ISB

Age: 33 years
Gender: Male
GMAT: 640 (Q48,V29,IR6)

Work Experience( Total): Full time: 11 years
1) 1 year as a Process Associate at Genpact.
2) 5.5 years as a Probationary Officer at State Bank of India(left the bank as a Deputy Manager)
3) 3 years experience in handling family business.
4) 2.5 years working for my own company (in the travel and tourism industry) (Most Recent)


Education: Bachelor of Commerce (Lucknow University) (4 -CGPA)
Class XII - ICSE (77.40 %)
Class X - ICSE (77.00%)

ECA - 1) Sports Team at the School and University Level.
2) Involved in assisting the Forest Department for a variety of activities such as census,awareness camps.
3) Best Trainee Award at SBI.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 03 Dec 2018
Posts: 1
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Aug 2019, 04:33
Hi there!

I am looking to apply in the R1 applications for 2020 intakes. Would love to get a profile evaluation from experts in the forum.

Age: 25 yr

GMAT Score: Scheduled for 31st August(expecting 720+ based on mocks score analysis)

Educational Qualifications:

Graduation: Completed B.Tech in Information Technology from VIT University, Vellore in 2017 with 8.4 CGPA.
H.S.C: secured 80.8% in Science stream from CBSE Board in 2012.
S.S.C: secured 9.4 CGPA from CBSE Board in 2010.
Pursuing M.A. Economics from the Indira Gandhi National Open University

Work Experience:
1) Chief Technology Officer at AM Legal Attorneys(June 2019 to current): Involved in bagging high name clients in AM Legal's consulting/Legal practices. I led the setting up of the startup consulting practice under 'The Startup Samurai' banner, which has gone onto bag several assignments in marketing, angel investments and advisory domains.

2) Business Technology Analyst at Deloitte Consulting(January 2017 to August 2017 as full time Business Technology Intern and then from August 2017 to June 2019 as Full Time Hire): Worked with major Fortune 500 clients from Consumer and Industrial Products vertical in consulting domain. Handled large volumes of data for the clients , wrote complex business logic and database queries. Some of the domains I worked on include data analytics, data warehousing, data conversions and other deliverables such as reports, dashboards and Interfaces. I have received constant praise from the client and have been awarded client awards by every client team I have worked with.

3) Co-Founder at Inlitho(January 2016 to April 2017): Started a profitable print aggregation model based startup in college which went onto doing a 6 figure revenue within a month of inception with an initial investment of just 10000.

Extra Curricular:
1) Part time volunteer with NGO working with parentless children in District Ambala in Haryana for the past 12 years. During this period I have worked on arranging funds, conducting classes on computers and other subjects such as Maths for primary school students. To be provided a full time trustee position in the trust in lieu of my work.

2) Volunteer and speaker at Institute for Industrial Development, Delhi( a part of govt. of India's MSME): I have conducted sessions on the Printing Industry, How to bag venture capital and Startups Leaders: How to follow in their path etc. at the Incubation division of IID.

3) State Level Under 19 Cricket Player: Won 3 major tournaments across Punjab state tournaments. Also winner of Deloitte Sports Tournaments and other corporate tournaments.

More about me: As my dad was in a transferable job I got the opportunity to live across a number of cities in India. This has made me good at making new friends and meeting new people. I love to debate on varied topics and love to write poetry. I am also an avid reader of biographies and auto biographies.
My ultimate life goal is to be a successful entrepreneur.

Any suggestions on what kind of things I can focus on in my essay would also be really helpful.

Thanks for all your help.
Manager
Manager
User avatar
B
Joined: 08 Jun 2017
Posts: 71
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Aug 2019, 14:04
Hi Harshit,
Thanks for sharing your profile.
I am an ISB alum, C014 and have been assisting applicants in their admission journeys since.
Below is my take on your profile:
GMAT: Assuming you will manage 720, it will be very competitive
Academics : Average (not sure how M.A Economics from IGNOU fits into the rest of your profile)
Work Experience: Diverse
Extra curricular: Average
While for most of the elements you will get a hygiene check, the admission committee would be most interested in knowing your story – essentially the different career moves you have made in the past – your rationale behind them and how ISB fits into your goals.
You will need to justify how you decided to make a move from being a BTA in Deloitte to the CTO of a legal firm when you do not have a prior background in Law. Also, after just spending only 2-3 months in the firm at a management position, what has motivated you to do a MBA.
Short and Long term career goals post MBA needs to be absolutely clear and logical in your mind and you will need to present in the essays and rest of the application how your past when complemented with PGP from ISB will catapult you towards those goals.
A logical flow of events in the form of a story is a must to draft an impressionable application.
Please feel free to get in touch with me at arijit.biswas@crackadmission.com and/or +arijit_biswas89 (Skype) in case you want a detailed discussion or need professional assistance.
Cheers
Arijit
_________________
Thanks and Regards,
Arijit Biswas
Founder, CrackAdmission
M| +91-9701215544
Manager
Manager
User avatar
B
Joined: 08 Jun 2017
Posts: 71
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Aug 2019, 14:07
Hi,

Based on your profile and work experience, a score of GMAT is on the extremely lower side and in all liklihood you will not be able to make the cut with this.

As an ISB alum and an admission consultant, I will urge you to retake the GMAT and aim for ~690-700 if you are only considering ISB. However, in case you are open to other global schools (lower ranked than ISB), you can make a good case with even your current score.

Please feel free to get in touch with me at arijit.biswas@crackadmission.com and/or +arijit_biswas89 (Skype) in case you want a detailed discussion or need professional assistance.

Cheers
Arijit
_________________
Thanks and Regards,
Arijit Biswas
Founder, CrackAdmission
M| +91-9701215544
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 10 Aug 2019
Posts: 2
ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 11 Aug 2019, 00:55
Hi Can any expert please evaluate my profile?

Nationality- Indian
Age - 31
GMAT - 1st 590( Q42, V28, IR4, AWA 5.5) Sep 2018
2nd - 670(Q45,V37, IR 4) Aug 2019
Profession- Chief Officer, Merchent Navy
Experience- 9 years

Educational Qualifications:-
Degree - BSc Nautical Science, IGNOU, 81% - 2009
HSC - 91%, CBSE, 2005
10th - 91%, CBSE, 2003

Professional Qualifications:-
Certificate of Competency as Master Of Foreign Going Ship, Issued by Govt of India

Extra Curricular :-
1) Have designed and launched an android application named SeaFor with educational contents as well as latest news in shipping Industry.
• Have send a memorandum on a personal initiative to Indian Prime Minister with ideas to evolve a policy for prevention of stranding of seafarers overseas.
. Used to Run a Face book Page ( Now deleted, had 20k subscribers)with updated maritime news and other employment related matters.

I am planning to apply to Indian schools only this year, any chance for getting interview call??

Thanks in advance for valuable advice.
Great Regards

Originally posted by josh8822 on 11 Aug 2019, 00:09.
Last edited by josh8822 on 11 Aug 2019, 00:55, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 06 Jul 2018
Posts: 29
Location: India
Schools: ISB '21
GMAT 1: 670 Q49 V33
CAT Tests
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Aug 2019, 00:28
Hello,

Please provide your feedback on my profile for ISB.

GMAT Score: 670 Q-49 V-33 IR-3 AWA-5

Education Qualifications:
UG (2015) - 84.3%
12th (2012) - 88.2%
10th (2010) - 94.7%
Chartered Accountant (2016)

Work experience:
Tax
Articleship at Big 4 - Sept 2013- Sept 2016
Analyst at Big 4 - Oct 2016 - Jan 2017
Consultant at Big 4 - Jan 2017-Jan 2018

Financial Advisory
Assistant Manager at Big 4 - Feb 2018 - May 2019
Deputy Manager at Big 4 - June 2019 - Present

Achievements: (All at Work)
1. Won business for firm
2. Multiple awards for excellence
3. Accelerated promotion

Please let me know your thoughts.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 16 Apr 2015
Posts: 2
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Aug 2019, 04:06
Hello,
Kindly Evaluate My Profile

B.Tech (Civil-Infrastructure) : 8.34/10 (2009-13)
12th (CBSE) : 77.4%
10th (CBSE) : 87.6%
GRE : 311 (Q-162, v-149)
GMAT : 600

WORK EXPERIENCE AND OTHER ACTIVITIES
 Owner – Jambula Foodzone, Chennai since April 2018 to February 2019
 Worked on everything from picking up 20 kg parcel to logo design for the company and importing of machinery. Bootstrapped with less than 30,000 INR. The business is
regarding FMCG of different spices, seasonings, etc. which are not available in market.
 Used the network and approach directly the owners of sweet and savory and daily need shops in the city.
 The startup did not scale much owing to need for space to conduct day to day operations and requirement of GST for the same. Though proprietorship is not shut down
officially, it is inactive for the past few months


Working in Beroe Consulting India since February 2014
Lead Analyst - Spend Pool Specialization at Beroe Inc, Chennai since Jul-2017;
 Associate Team Lead: Taking up team managerial activities including allocating projects to the team, handling multiple internal and external stakeholders at the same time and meeting the deadlines with 100% timeliness
 Pilot Projects & Managerial Initiatives: Successfully worked on pilot projects to bring tier-1 mining companies on board to Beroe Inc and mentored my junior colleagues including those from Indian Institute of Technology and National Institute of Technology in India
 Strategic Sourcing and Enabling Savings: Interacting with clients and carrying out primary & secondary research and analysis of market scenarios by providing insights into competitive intelligence, supply demand scenario, supply chain risk assessment, price analysis, best cost country sourcing, Porters 5 forces, SWOT analysis, etc., for various categories such as grinding media, mining equipment, refractory, automation material handling equipment, etc. I have worked on projects with clients’ procurement spend ranging from US$ 100-400 mn and enabled savings of 8-10%
 Team management: Adding value to internal and external stakeholders and assisting Team Lead for wide spectrum of topics ranging from team handling to client partnering along with focus on projects for customers from natural resources and FMCG sectors

Senior Research Analyst (Procurement) at Beroe Inc, Chennai since Apr-2016 to Jun-2017
 Category Mapping : Formulating solution design on an array of such topics, thus facilitating major metals, mining, and cement manufacturing clients including some of the major Fortune 500 companies to optimize their global supply chain and procurement operations

Research Analyst (Procurement) at Beroe Inc, Chennai since Feb-2014 to Mar-2016;
 Forecasting Dashboards & Business Development Activities: Developed market reports for mining & metal companies. Apart from generating reports, monthly periodicals and interacting directly with clients, I have carried out business development activities for the company by bringing other suppliers across categories onboard

Direct Seller for Nutritional and FMCG products since August 2017 to June 2018 – Entrepreneur with a motive to add value to customers by dealing in RCM’s FMCG, home care, health care, beauty care products

Private Investor in Indian stock markets since June 2011
 Value Investor with inclination for multi-bagger stock picks. Some of the multi-baggers include Escorts group, Graphite India, Kajaria Ceramics, Finolex Cables, Ajanta Soya,etc


ACADEMIC, PROFESSIONAL & OTHER ACHIEVEMENTS
 Completed 35 PDUs of PMP in May 2017 and I am expecting to give the exam H2 2018
 Best Employee - Senior Level for the year 2017-2018 in April 2018
 Best Employee (Runner-up) Cluster Level at Beroe Inc. in Q3, 2015
 Participated and won prizes in Inter-college Technical fests:
o Won 2nd prize in ‘Landscaping’ and was a finalist in 7 other events at ‘Civilisation - National Civil Engineering Fest’, Anna University, 2012
o Finalists in Bizbiona business idea competition at SRM University, 2011
o Won 2rd prize in ‘Dalal Bull’ at Aaruush - Tech Fest’, SRM University, 2010
Organized and coordinated in events at Technical Fests :
o Head coordinator of ‘Black Friday ‘at ‘Aaruush - SRM Tech Fest’, SRM University, 2011
o Co-coordinator of ‘Treasure Hunt’ at ‘Xplociv - Civil Engineering Fest’, 2011

Stock Market Certification - NCMP (National Certified Market Professional) Level 1 by NCFM (NSE’s Certification in Financial Markets)
Manager
Manager
User avatar
S
Status: Your Beacon to ISB!
Joined: 03 Aug 2015
Posts: 158
Schools: ISB (A)
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Aug 2019, 08:53
Hi AcetheGMAT2019, you are unlikely to make the cut at GMAT score of 670 buddy.

Would suggest you re-appear in GMAT, get a higher score and apply, even if it means applying in R-2.
_________________
http://www.ISBeacon.com

For ISB Aspirants, by ISB Alums

Free First essay
Free Profile Evaluation
Free ISB Essays Best Practices Document


ISBeacon: Your Beacon to ISB
Manager
Manager
User avatar
S
Status: Your Beacon to ISB!
Joined: 03 Aug 2015
Posts: 158
Schools: ISB (A)
ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Aug 2019, 08:56
1
Very decent josh8822, though GMAT score of 670 comes across as bit of a bummer.

Having said that, your Naval officer background can fetch you an interview call, provided essays are in an immaculate form.
_________________
http://www.ISBeacon.com

For ISB Aspirants, by ISB Alums

Free First essay
Free Profile Evaluation
Free ISB Essays Best Practices Document


ISBeacon: Your Beacon to ISB
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 10 Aug 2019
Posts: 2
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Aug 2019, 09:18
is Beacon Thanks for valuable input. Since this being my second attempt at GMAT(1st 590, 2nd 670), How much should I aim for?? I am finding crossing 700 pretty tough..Or should I apply in R1 with solid essay??

Posted from my mobile device
SVP
SVP
User avatar
D
Joined: 16 Jan 2012
Posts: 1742
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Aug 2019, 01:19
pakshaal wrote:
Hello,
Kindly Evaluate My Profile

B.Tech (Civil-Infrastructure) : 8.34/10 (2009-13)
12th (CBSE) : 77.4%
10th (CBSE) : 87.6%
GRE : 311 (Q-162, v-149)
GMAT : 600

WORK EXPERIENCE AND OTHER ACTIVITIES
 Owner – Jambula Foodzone, Chennai since April 2018 to February 2019
 Worked on everything from picking up 20 kg parcel to logo design for the company and importing of machinery. Bootstrapped with less than 30,000 INR. The business is
regarding FMCG of different spices, seasonings, etc. which are not available in market.
 Used the network and approach directly the owners of sweet and savory and daily need shops in the city.
 The startup did not scale much owing to need for space to conduct day to day operations and requirement of GST for the same. Though proprietorship is not shut down
officially, it is inactive for the past few months


Working in Beroe Consulting India since February 2014
Lead Analyst - Spend Pool Specialization at Beroe Inc, Chennai since Jul-2017;
 Associate Team Lead: Taking up team managerial activities including allocating projects to the team, handling multiple internal and external stakeholders at the same time and meeting the deadlines with 100% timeliness
 Pilot Projects & Managerial Initiatives: Successfully worked on pilot projects to bring tier-1 mining companies on board to Beroe Inc and mentored my junior colleagues including those from Indian Institute of Technology and National Institute of Technology in India
 Strategic Sourcing and Enabling Savings: Interacting with clients and carrying out primary & secondary research and analysis of market scenarios by providing insights into competitive intelligence, supply demand scenario, supply chain risk assessment, price analysis, best cost country sourcing, Porters 5 forces, SWOT analysis, etc., for various categories such as grinding media, mining equipment, refractory, automation material handling equipment, etc. I have worked on projects with clients’ procurement spend ranging from US$ 100-400 mn and enabled savings of 8-10%
 Team management: Adding value to internal and external stakeholders and assisting Team Lead for wide spectrum of topics ranging from team handling to client partnering along with focus on projects for customers from natural resources and FMCG sectors

Senior Research Analyst (Procurement) at Beroe Inc, Chennai since Apr-2016 to Jun-2017
 Category Mapping : Formulating solution design on an array of such topics, thus facilitating major metals, mining, and cement manufacturing clients including some of the major Fortune 500 companies to optimize their global supply chain and procurement operations

Research Analyst (Procurement) at Beroe Inc, Chennai since Feb-2014 to Mar-2016;
 Forecasting Dashboards & Business Development Activities: Developed market reports for mining & metal companies. Apart from generating reports, monthly periodicals and interacting directly with clients, I have carried out business development activities for the company by bringing other suppliers across categories onboard

Direct Seller for Nutritional and FMCG products since August 2017 to June 2018 – Entrepreneur with a motive to add value to customers by dealing in RCM’s FMCG, home care, health care, beauty care products

Private Investor in Indian stock markets since June 2011
 Value Investor with inclination for multi-bagger stock picks. Some of the multi-baggers include Escorts group, Graphite India, Kajaria Ceramics, Finolex Cables, Ajanta Soya,etc


ACADEMIC, PROFESSIONAL & OTHER ACHIEVEMENTS
 Completed 35 PDUs of PMP in May 2017 and I am expecting to give the exam H2 2018
 Best Employee - Senior Level for the year 2017-2018 in April 2018
 Best Employee (Runner-up) Cluster Level at Beroe Inc. in Q3, 2015
 Participated and won prizes in Inter-college Technical fests:
o Won 2nd prize in ‘Landscaping’ and was a finalist in 7 other events at ‘Civilisation - National Civil Engineering Fest’, Anna University, 2012
o Finalists in Bizbiona business idea competition at SRM University, 2011
o Won 2rd prize in ‘Dalal Bull’ at Aaruush - Tech Fest’, SRM University, 2010
Organized and coordinated in events at Technical Fests :
o Head coordinator of ‘Black Friday ‘at ‘Aaruush - SRM Tech Fest’, SRM University, 2011
o Co-coordinator of ‘Treasure Hunt’ at ‘Xplociv - Civil Engineering Fest’, 2011

Stock Market Certification - NCMP (National Certified Market Professional) Level 1 by NCFM (NSE’s Certification in Financial Markets)



Hi Pakshaal,

I like your work profile which shows career progression, and lots of initiatives taken and good leadership experiences. The venture sounds like something you were doing on the side, and not as a day job, which is okay too. A failed venture can give its share of learnings and make you aware of ground realities in running a business (GST/ demonetization et al).

Your extra curricular activities look dated. you seem to have been very active at college, but its been several years since you graduated, so what have you done in the recent past?

You have a strong potential for ISB, however your current GMAT and GRE scores are not competitive. I am going to urge you to retake either of the tests and then apply with a better score.

All the best,
_________________
Namita Garg,
http://www.mbadecoder.com
Contact us at: contact@mbadecoder.com

Ask us for ASSESSING YOUR MBA CHANCES

Totally Invested In Your Success. Therefore, unlimited essay guidance and unlimited communication with you.
SVP
SVP
User avatar
D
Joined: 16 Jan 2012
Posts: 1742
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Aug 2019, 01:23
AcetheGMAT2019 wrote:
Hello,

Please provide your feedback on my profile for ISB.

GMAT Score: 670 Q-49 V-33 IR-3 AWA-5

Education Qualifications:
UG (2015) - 84.3%
12th (2012) - 88.2%
10th (2010) - 94.7%
Chartered Accountant (2016)

Work experience:
Tax
Articleship at Big 4 - Sept 2013- Sept 2016
Analyst at Big 4 - Oct 2016 - Jan 2017
Consultant at Big 4 - Jan 2017-Jan 2018

Financial Advisory
Assistant Manager at Big 4 - Feb 2018 - May 2019
Deputy Manager at Big 4 - June 2019 - Present

Achievements: (All at Work)
1. Won business for firm
2. Multiple awards for excellence
3. Accelerated promotion

Please let me know your thoughts.


Hi,

Retake the GMAT and try getting a710+ score.
Your profile otherwise sounds ok. I am missing the details on your work experience so can not comment much. Given that you will have competition with other CAs from the Big 4, it will be beneficial to get into the specifics of your profile and the value you bring, thus differentiating your profile from your applicant pool.
_________________
Namita Garg,
http://www.mbadecoder.com
Contact us at: contact@mbadecoder.com

Ask us for ASSESSING YOUR MBA CHANCES

Totally Invested In Your Success. Therefore, unlimited essay guidance and unlimited communication with you.
Manager
Manager
User avatar
S
Status: Your Beacon to ISB!
Joined: 03 Aug 2015
Posts: 158
Schools: ISB (A)
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Aug 2019, 23:18
josh8822 wrote:
I am finding crossing 700 pretty tough??

Hi josh8822, I got that, and for that reason, I didn't suggest a retake. Give your best shot in the application and apply in R1.
_________________
http://www.ISBeacon.com

For ISB Aspirants, by ISB Alums

Free First essay
Free Profile Evaluation
Free ISB Essays Best Practices Document


ISBeacon: Your Beacon to ISB
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 11 Aug 2019
Posts: 16
Location: India
GMAT 1: 610 Q40 V34
Chances of ISB  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Aug 2019, 22:14
Hi All,

I have scored a 610 in GMAT (Q 40 V 34). I plan to finalize this score. I have over 5 years of IT experience with 2 companies. I have been into software development and consultancy both throughout my career.

What are my chances of admission in ISB for the 2020 batch? Any help would be appreciated.
SVP
SVP
User avatar
G
Status: Top MBA Admissions Consultant
Joined: 24 Jul 2011
Posts: 1878
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V48
GRE 1: Q800 V740
Re: Chances of ISB  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Aug 2019, 22:21
Top Contributor
dev9163 wrote:
Hi All,

I have scored a 610 in GMAT (Q 40 V 34). I plan to finalize this score. I have over 5 years of IT experience with 2 companies. I have been into software development and consultancy both throughout my career.

What are my chances of admission in ISB for the 2020 batch? Any help would be appreciated.


Hi dev9163

610 would not be enough. You need to focus on improving it by at least 70 points, if not more. If possible, try and go above 700, even if that means delaying your application to R2.
_________________
GyanOne [www.gyanone.com]| Premium MBA and MiM Admissions Consulting

Awesome Work | Honest Advise | Outstanding Results

Reach Out, Lets chat!
Email: info at gyanone dot com | +91 98998 31738 | Skype: gyanone.services
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 12 Feb 2019
Posts: 24
Location: India
Schools: CBS, ISB, IIM
GPA: 4
WE: Business Development (Computer Software)
CAT Tests
ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Aug 2019, 05:50
Hey,

Please evaluate my profile for ISB: (EEO APPLICANT)

GMAT Score: 690 [Quant:50 , Verbal:33, I.R.:5 , AWA:4.5]

Educational Qualifications:

Graduation: Completed B.E in Electrical and Electronics Engineering ,Anna university -with 8.694 cgpa.
university Rank holder - 42/11000 , college gold medalist.
H.S.C: secured 87.9% from State board tamilnadu in 2014
S.S.C: secured 8.6 gpa from C.B.S.E Board in 2012.

Work Experience:
Working as a Associate Software engineer , OSS/BSS , Operation domain -telecom (14months) -- EEO applicant , co2021.
Had startup for 2 years in college days - soundzgoodapp , got clients during that time.
internship - TAFE R&D division.
Few industrial visit and Many Inplant training.

Extra Curricular and achievements :-

Won third prize in International business conference conducted by ibcn - at dubai.
Best project award in college .
Conducted TEDx event in college --my role as student PR head and student co-ordinator .
College student chairman and conducted various events like IEEE event ,cultural fest , symposiums and many more.
many photography awards.
Volunteer and worked in core team in International business conference inaugurated by finance minister Nirmala sitharaman and M.M.Murugappa chairman of murugappa groups .
volunteer in many startup events , part of few startup communities.
I love meeting different people, conversing with them.
I love playing different outdoor sports like cricket, Shuttle , basketball,etc. Also, I participated in different sports since school days.

work time achievements :
presented a tech talk.
supported my team on giving automation .
BSS activities , interaction with client side and making sure what they need and suggested best moments for profit .
worked on cross domain and helped in developing Dashboard software for the project.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 16 Jul 2019
Posts: 1
Location: Ireland
Schools: ISB '21, NUS '20
GPA: 3.9
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Aug 2019, 07:01
Hello,

Could someone please provide me a feedback on my profile for ISB. I understand, the information provided below would be very limited to get a bigger picture, but any opinions based on the information provided below, would be much appreciated.

Educational Details:
Bachelor in Biotechnology - India CGPA : 9/10
Masters in Food Safety& Risk Analysis ( Food Science & Data Analysis) - Ireland - First Class Honours

Work Experience
Health and Food Safety Consultant , India - 1 year
Data Analyst - in an Agri-Food & Retail Industry , Ireland -1.5 Years (Currently working)

GMAT Score: Expecting 680+

Achievements:
JN Tata Fellowship for Education abroad
University Merit Scholarship, India
Global Masters Scholarship, Ireland
Numerous awards and accolades in literary and technology events.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 30 Oct 2017
Posts: 6
GMAT 1: 660 Q45 V35
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Aug 2019, 07:53
Hello everyone ..
Greetings!!

It would be really helpful if someone can evaluate my profile for PGP at ISB !

26 Male, Indian
10th - 87%
12th - 93%
BTech- 9.2 CGPA / 10
(Automobile Engineering, SRM University)

GMAT : 660 (Q45, V35)

Work Experience - 46months & continuing..
Working at Hyundai Motors India R&D Center

Languages : English, Hindi, Telugu, Tamil, Korean (basics)

Achievements in Hyundai :
5 Patents (Granted in US, SouthKorea, India & China)
Best innovation award 2018,2016
Best Paper Content Award 2018
Inter company sports badminton winner
Presented various studies at International conferences and also at Hyundai Motors Korea HQ (I was the only one selected from entire department)

Achievements in University :
Best Paper presentation award
Received merit based scholarship(among top 10 in entire department)
Was part of “National champion” formula student team (also participated in Formula student Germany)
3 months internship on Total productive maintenance.

International Exposure :
I interact and work with Koreans on daily basis.
Presented a Technical Paper and handled two projects for a duration of 3 weeks in South Korea.
Participated in a formula student event in Germany. Duration : 2weeks

Extra curricular :
I play piano and participated in various cultural events at Hyundai
I read lots of business books
I like working on social issues during my free time and presented several papers with innovative solutions.

I have given GMAT twice and second time I scored even less. Not sure if I can improve on my 3rd attempt.

Is the GMAT Score too low to apply for B-Schools like HEC,ESADE and ISB?

Looking forward for the valuable feedback !
Thank you .


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 16 Jun 2019
Posts: 1
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Aug 2019, 09:22
1
Hi guys,
GMAT 740 (V41 Q49 IR 7)
B. Tech :New IIT (8.1 CGPA/10 Chemical Engineering)
HSC: 78%(Maharashtra Board)
SSC: 90% (Maharashtra Board)

Work Ex: 1) 1.5 Years at a small startup (Product management and Business Development)
2) 0.5 year as Business Analyst at relatively established company. (200-400 people)

Please let me know how can I strengthen my profile and what attributes I should highlighted in my essay to maximize my chances.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!   [#permalink] 16 Aug 2019, 09:22

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  149   150   151   152   153   154   155    Next  [ 3085 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!

  new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: warriorguy, LeoN88






Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne