GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 24 Sep 2019, 02:01

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: IMD '21 (I)
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V41
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Aug 2019, 23:53
Hello,

Please evaluate my profile for ISB.

GMAT Score :
740(Q50,V41)

Education qualification :
UG : 6.64/10 Average college
XII : 78.6%
X : 92%

Work Experience :

Have been working as a software developer for multiple products in Accenture product division for over 4 years. Currently leading the core front end engineering team of 8 to deliver new product releases every 3 months. Led the team for a pilot project which eventually got the product 2 new customers with revenue of 5M USD.

Before joining Accenture, I also created an e-commerce software product for my family business in kitchenware enabling the business to increase its revenue by 80% within the next 2 years

Achievements :
Awarded 3 ACE (Accenture celebrates Excellence) awards for product innovation, automation and visualizations

Extra Curriculars :
I play the guitar and have won 5 national instrumental competition. Also played 100+ shows across India.

Also I play for Accentures corporate football team and have won few tournaments

Please let me know what you think of the profile

Posted from my mobile device
SVP
SVP
D
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Aug 2019, 00:22
akarshan92 wrote:
Hello,

GMAT Score :
740(Q50,V41)

UG : 6.64/10 Average college
XII : 78.6%
X : 92%

Work Experience :

Have been working as a software developer for multiple products in Accenture product division for over 4 years. Currently leading the core front end engineering team of 8 to deliver new product releases every 3 months. Led the team for a pilot project which eventually got the product 2 new customers with revenue of 5M USD.

Before joining Accenture, I also created an e-commerce software product for my family business in kitchenware enabling the business to increase its revenue by 80% within the next 2 years

Achievements :
Awarded 3 ACE (Accenture celebrates Excellence) awards for product innovation, automation and visualizations

Extra Curriculars :
I play the guitar and have won 5 national instrumental competition. Also played 100+ shows across India.

Also I play for Accentures corporate football team and have won few tournaments

Please let me know what you think of the profile

Hi,

While everything else is good, I am concerned about the UG score. Here's what I am going to recommend you do, to take some of that pain away:
1. showcase your leaderships skills at work. Winning $$$ business, leading teams, focussing on innovation and delivering customer value.
2. having interests outside work: playing guitar, and more importantly what you gained from it- travelling to 100+ shows, personality getting enriched by that.
3. Back this up with passion, and drive to succeed, and ofcourse a relevant career goal.

Ask us for ASSESSING YOUR MBA CHANCES

Totally Invested In Your Success. Therefore, unlimited essay guidance and unlimited communication with you.
Intern
Intern
S
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Marketing
WE: Design (Retail)

Show Tags

New post 19 Aug 2019, 03:35
Hi,

GMAT Score :
Attempting in September, Target 720+

UG : 6.9/10 (NIFT, New Delhi) Bachelor in Design
XII : 68.9% (State Board)
X : 67.9% (State Board)

Work Experience :
8 years of work experience in Fashion And Retail. Started as a Junior executive in the industry.Currently working as the Creative Head of a retail company, leading a team of 15. I have built supportive environments to bring out the best in creative team and led team on various campaigns and projects.

Achievements :
Has been nominated as ‘Ideator of the Year’ twice in my career.

Extra Curricular:
N.C.C. ‘B’ grade certificate holder.
Have won numerous Debate competitions in School
Represented my school for National level Science Congress.
I am active in various NGOs and teach English to underprivileged children.
Active in various NGOs related to environmental causes.

Questions:
I am planning to pursue MBA in Retail or Marketing and want to become an entrepreneur down the line.Coming from a design background I have a disadvantage of not being able to understand the business in terms of numbers. Will it be convincing?
Based on my profile, what are my weak points I should work upon?
B
Schools: ISB '20

Show Tags

New post 19 Aug 2019, 05:23
Hi,

Can someone please help me in evaluating my profile? Here are the details.

Background:
• 25, Indian Male,
• B.E in Electronics and Communication: 8.6/10 CGPA
• Diploma in Electronics and Tele-Communication: 89.89% aggregate
• SSC: 85.69%

Work Ex: 4+ years
• Present Employer: Bristlecone (A Mahindra group company)

I. Contributed heavily in starting out a new practice of Artificial Intelligence and Machine learning domain in the company.
II. Led a team of 2 people at the start which later grew to a total of 7 members in an 8-month period
III. Delivered 4 fully functional automation projects during this period, saving more than 1000+ man hours/year for the client.

• Previous Employer: Infosys

I. Assisted in developing project timelines/deliverables/strategies and worked with onsite client to track status & issues in offshore development mode, conducting reviews of codes & test cases and analyzing change requests/enhancements
II. Monitored project progress & outstanding issues after a severe ramp down of employees which included the one’s leading the project.

International Exp:
Worked with a leading American bank having multiple teams at different locations and coordinated with them on a daily basis for 3 years during my tenure with Infosys.

Achievements:
I. Brilliant Beginner Award, Bristlecone, FY 2018-19,
II. INSTA Award for Outstanding Performance, Infosys Ltd, Q4- 2018,
III. Reward of INR 20,000 for Excellent Performance, Infosys Ltd, FY 2016-17,
IV. INSTA Award for Outstanding Performance, Infosys Ltd, Q3-2016,
V. INSTA Award for Outstanding Performance, Infosys Ltd, Q2-2016,
VI. Letter of Appreciation, from General Secretary of college, 2013-14

Extra Curriculars:
I. Press In-charge, Student’s Representative Council, 2013-14,
II. Vice-president, Electronics & Communication Department, 2013-14,
III. Student Coordinator, National Level workshop on aptitude development, 2014-15
IV. Winner of literary cup, Intra-college, 2012-2015
V. Member of CSR activities Bristlecone and Infosys, 2015-present

Looking forward for a feedback,
Thanks! :)
ISB School Moderator
G
Concentration: Nonprofit, Sustainability
Schools: ISB '21
GMAT 1: 630 Q47 V30
WE: Operations (Non-Profit and Government)
Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 19 Aug 2019, 06:29
Dears, if you're planning to apply to ISB this year kindly update your user a/c by adding ISB to your profile. This will,
1. Help the Gmatclub team with the analytics,
2. Help you assess your candidacy among the pool of candidates.

ISB Decision Tracker Class of 2021
Application Statistics

GMAT Math Book

-I never wanted what I gave up
I never gave up what I wanted-
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 19 Aug 2019, 14:01
Please evaluate my profile as below :

25 year old Female with work ex of 2 years would be completing 3 years by April 2020.

Work for one of the big 4 in India within the innovation team. My job is to build products and tools for internal and external audiences. Have gone to market with 3 of these products.

Have worked on building 20+ products and tools and have lead the projects as Product manager. I run the development segment of the team and have across sectors of cyber , hr tech , forensics and many more.

GMAT score of 720
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 650 Q42 V32

Show Tags

New post 20 Aug 2019, 19:53
Dear Team,

Kindly evaluate my profile and advise.

10th - 89%
12th - 82%
Bachelor of Dental science 2006-2011 - 68%
Master of Dental surgery 2013-2016 - 64%

experience:
total 3+ years after postgraduation. practised for 2 years along with post-graduation.
experience of starting up my own setup, marketing campaigns and awareness activities, management of practice and employees, finally selling it with profit in a year.
currently working with India's largest corporate dental chain.

Gmat score (8/8/19) - 650.

kindly advise. will i be eligible for ISB, or should i try to achieve higher score before puuting in my application.
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.2

Show Tags

New post 20 Aug 2019, 22:05
To all applicants,

If anybody is located in Bilaspur, Chattisgarh, India,You can PM me and we can meet so we could discuss application strategy for ISB. I am also working on my application strategy for ISB right now.
ISB School Moderator
G
Concentration: Nonprofit, Sustainability
GMAT 1: 630 Q47 V30
WE: Operations (Non-Profit and Government)
Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 24 Aug 2019, 08:13
pulak1988 wrote:

Hey, I think you might consider retaking the GMAT; good luck.

ISB Essay Analysis

GMAT Math Book

-I never wanted what I gave up
I never gave up what I wanted-
Manager
Manager
B
Schools: IIMB

Show Tags

New post 25 Aug 2019, 20:02
Hi Ishan,

With the limited information given, you do have strong chances. A good GMAT score will be necessary; aim for 700+ or even higher. Since it is your second MBA, your application will need to clearly highlight the need for a second MBA and what do you expect to learn/get out of it.

PM for further queries.

Regards,
Tridisha

Ishaan2510 wrote:
Hi, I am reaching out to you as I intend to do my second MBA and want to know what are the realistic chances for the same.
I would prefer 1 year resident courses and was thinking of colleges like Insead, ISb and others if you could suggest.

Please find below my profile and it would be great if you could evaluate the same.

Curriculum:
Indian Male, 30 yrs. Class X - 78%, Class XII - 63%, Bachelor's of Engineering in Electronics and Telecommunication (Mumbai University) - 63% and Masters in Management Studies (Mumbai University) - 73%.

Work experience:
- Total 72 Months experience.
- 22 Months as a Strategy planner for offline brand communications. Was selected as a part of Young leadership council to bring effective changes at workplace.
- Moved to a digital communication company as an account manager to gain digital marketing experience, worked there for 21 months
- Moved to another communication agency to work as Senior strategy planner on large brands like HSBC, Hindustan Unilever Limited. Worked there for 26 months.
- From last 3 months I am working as Digital marketing manager for an upcoming brand in healthcare sector.
Already managed to achieve All Time High numbers through key digital initiatives.

Co-curricular activities:
- Elected as the Chairman of IEEE student chapter and the Head of advisory committee. Lead the chapter of over 500 students.
Organized engagement activities and Social initiatives in partnership with Department of directorate of environment of Maharashtra
- Appeared on multiple debate panels for the RKB show on Lemon TV, which later moved to Sahara TV
- Organised blood donation camps in partnership with State Blood Transfusion Council
- Conceptualized and created a mobile app that used the untapped real estate of mobile lock-screens. Learnt the ropes of digital marketing while creating this app.
- Currently trying my hand with a small e-commerce brand that sells products in the international market
- Recently won a Silver medal at State level for 'MuayThai Association Maharashtra'

Career Aim:
I have always wanted to work on the overall brand development. While earlier I focused on the communication area of brands, I have now developed skill sets on performance and funnel marketing.
With the second MBA, I intend to achieve 3 things:
- Work for a mid to large size organization where I get to play an active role in overall brand marketing and strategy
- Avoid slotting myself as single channel expert
- Fast-track the above mentioned objectives

B

Show Tags

New post 25 Aug 2019, 20:07
Hi Pulak,

With three years of experience, your GMAT score is on the lower side. Try increasing it by 40-50 points and you are good to go. Also focus on your application and build a strong profile and SOP/Essay to improve your chances of getting admitted.

PM for further queries.

Regards,
Tridisha

pulak1988 wrote:
Dear Team,

10th - 89%
12th - 82%

experience:
total 3+ years after postgraduation. practised for 2 years along with post-graduation.
experience of starting up my own setup, marketing campaigns and awareness activities, management of practice and employees, finally selling it with profit in a year.

kindly advise. will i be eligible for ISB, or should i try to achieve higher score before puuting in my application.

B

Show Tags

New post 25 Aug 2019, 20:11
Hi Divya,

If you are a product manager for one of the big 4 companies with 3 years of experience, then I am sure you are exceptional at your work. With your strong GMAT score, your chances at ISB are very high. Focus on your application and how you can make it stand out for the admissions committee.

Regards,
Tridisha

DivyaPenumetsa wrote:
Please evaluate my profile as below :

25 year old Female with work ex of 2 years would be completing 3 years by April 2020.

Work for one of the big 4 in India within the innovation team. My job is to build products and tools for internal and external audiences. Have gone to market with 3 of these products.

Have worked on building 20+ products and tools and have lead the projects as Product manager. I run the development segment of the team and have across sectors of cyber , hr tech , forensics and many more.

GMAT score of 720

S
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 26 Aug 2019, 03:40
Hi, kindly evaluate my profile

Male, 28, work experience of 65 months in PSU

Gmat -660

Professional Experience:

Role/Designation/Time Period/ Location-Planning In Charge/ Assistant Manager/Jan 2019-till date/Bokaro Steel Plant

Role:
•Leading the technical and planning cell of the department-dealing with higher and peer group executives and catering to around 150 equipment and 330 employees.
•Pivotal role in Safety Audits, Vigilance Audits and crisis management.
•Cater to the scheduled, planned and breakdown demands of the workshops in charges.
•Facilitate approval and implementation of new technologies/machines for techno-commercial gains.
•Handling teams of various OEMs for part procurement, equipment inspection and related services.

Highlights:
•Fastest RC initiation for the cycle in SAIL fraternity; Spearheaded the team for RC Finalization with 14 OEMs for 2019-21 leading to financial gains (18% avg.),enhanced spare parts availability etc.
•Implemented strict inventory control practices, leading to capital consumption reduction by 5%.

Role/Designation/Time Period Location-Section In charge /Junior Manager/Oct-2015-Jan 2019 Bokaro Steel Plant

Role:
•Acted as the Section In charge of MES II/ OG & CBRS (65 employees and 24 equipment) and Repair In charge of MES I/ OG & CBRS ( 42employees and 68 equipment).
•Catered to the scheduled, planned and breakdown demands of equipment and manpower deployment to various critical shops of the plant such as Sinter Plant, Steel Melting Shops Coke Oven etc.
•Took initiatives for the strict enforcement of SOPs and SMPs at the ground level.
•Created awareness regarding environment and faulty work practices.

Highlights:
•Pivotal in the implementing Quality Circles, Six sigma technique in the section. Proper execution of these enhanced quality conformance and went on to bring laurels in CCQC,CEO trophy competitions.
•Timely inspections of equipment lead to a ‘Nil Breakdown’ record for the entire tenure.
•Arresting leakages and strict adherence to standard lubrication processes lead to a reduction of lubricant consumption by over 10%.- (Hydraulic oil, Transmission oil, Grease etc.).
•Awarded ‘Environment Sensitive Officer’ for development of garden and plantation of 500 trees.
•The section was awarded the safest section of BSL in the safety audit of 2016.

Educational Details:
•B-Tech: (Hons.) in Mech. Engineering ,B.D.I.T, Gzb (U.P.T.U), with an aggregate of 79.3% in 2014.

•Intermediate: Delhi Public School (C.B.S.E), Bokaro Steel City, with an aggregate of 84.8% in 2009.

•S.S.C :Delhi Public School (C.B.S.E), Bokaro Steel City, with an aggregate of 90.6% in 2007.

Awards and Honours:

•Selected and offered Letter of Joining in CDS-II/2013 for INDIAN ARMY (137 DE)/IMA-D
•Awarded ‘Environment Sensitive Officer’ for planting and maintaining 450 trees in BSL.
•Appointed as ‘Hindi Officer’ of the department; conducted Hindi fortnights,workshops etc.
•Cracked GATE 2014 with 526 gate score and Cleared AMCAT with 99.9 percentile.
•Have been a recipient of Blue Blazer and Scholar Badge for 6 times in DPS Bokaro.

Academic Accomplishments:
•Successful paper and model presentation in Department of Mechanical Engineering, IIT- GUWAHATI on ‘Electrically Operated Physiotherapy Chair Using Harmonic Oscillation’.
•Completed field project in final year on ‘Statistical Analysis of Consumption of Material in Forging Department for Manufacturing 5 Speed Freewheel’ for Spark Engineering Pvt. Ltd and Received Letter of Appreciation and monetary award for the same.
•Completed 6 weeks training in BSL from 09th July -18th Aug 2012
•Completed 2 weeks training in Chevrolet Bokaro from 10th Jul-24th July 2013.
•Selected in Radiance [IITB] for Solar Car Designing and IDP (Tata Motors).

Social Accomplishments:

•Associated with Vanvasi Kalyan Ashram (NGO); conducted regular workshops, courses for skill development of rural population-weaving, stitching etc.
•Chief organizer of annual memorial cricket tournament in village to boost local talent since 2005.
•Annual distribution of blankets to the under privileged during the cricket tournament.
•Have represented BSL in National Inter Steel Cricket Tournament and Corporate Cup.
•Won the district school cricket championship as the cricket captain in 2009.
•Core member of event organizing committee at corporate as well as college level .

Kindly evaluate, planning for isb R1
Regards

Intern
Intern
ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Aug 2019, 07:35
Hi all

I am planning to apply for ISB R2 2019 for CO 2021.
Target Gmat score 650-680 based on my score in 2014.
Work ex 10 years in indian IT industry
Worked in client location for almost half of my career abroad.
Couple of internal awards.
Couple of technical certifications.
Lead teams in offshore /onshore model. These days doing developer role.
BTech EC from a University affiliated college.

Pending tasks :
Gmat
Essays
Reco

Questions:
-with my experience and not much extra curricular in terms of sports/volunteering etc , do I stand a chance ?
-I would like to take up TPM kind of roles in Tech industry post MBA. How is it in ISB
-There is PgP max as well but I don’t like it since it’s not Flagship.
-I also find ISB expensive and doubtful on how people look at my profile during campus jobs.
-I think around 5 percent are senior execs so in 900 - 45 are seniors (both campus ? ) anyone can shed light for senior execs ? I couldn’t find my on LinkedIn as well.
-I have read about CIO, COO level role stuff during campus placements for seniors but am taking about an average joe :)

I like Hyderabad and hence not keen on IIM A B C x’s

Cheers
Your friendly neighbour hood Spider-Man :)

Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 26 Aug 2019, 19:56
Hi Aashutosh,
While your profile is good, your GMAT is much below average and getting into ISB will be an uphill task without a 30-40 increase in GMAT score.

Regards,
Tridisha

Aashutoshkumar wrote:

Gmat -660

Professional Experience:

Role/Designation/Time Period/ Location-Planning In Charge/ Assistant Manager/Jan 2019-till date/Bokaro Steel Plant

Role:
•Leading the technical and planning cell of the department-dealing with higher and peer group executives and catering to around 150 equipment and 330 employees.
•Cater to the scheduled, planned and breakdown demands of the workshops in charges.
•Facilitate approval and implementation of new technologies/machines for techno-commercial gains.
•Handling teams of various OEMs for part procurement, equipment inspection and related services.

Highlights:
•Fastest RC initiation for the cycle in SAIL fraternity; Spearheaded the team for RC Finalization with 14 OEMs for 2019-21 leading to financial gains (18% avg.),enhanced spare parts availability etc.
•Implemented strict inventory control practices, leading to capital consumption reduction by 5%.

Role/Designation/Time Period Location-Section In charge /Junior Manager/Oct-2015-Jan 2019 Bokaro Steel Plant

Role:
•Acted as the Section In charge of MES II/ OG & CBRS (65 employees and 24 equipment) and Repair In charge of MES I/ OG & CBRS ( 42employees and 68 equipment).
•Catered to the scheduled, planned and breakdown demands of equipment and manpower deployment to various critical shops of the plant such as Sinter Plant, Steel Melting Shops Coke Oven etc.
•Took initiatives for the strict enforcement of SOPs and SMPs at the ground level.

Highlights:
•Pivotal in the implementing Quality Circles, Six sigma technique in the section. Proper execution of these enhanced quality conformance and went on to bring laurels in CCQC,CEO trophy competitions.
•Timely inspections of equipment lead to a ‘Nil Breakdown’ record for the entire tenure.
•Arresting leakages and strict adherence to standard lubrication processes lead to a reduction of lubricant consumption by over 10%.- (Hydraulic oil, Transmission oil, Grease etc.).
•Awarded ‘Environment Sensitive Officer’ for development of garden and plantation of 500 trees.

Educational Details:
•B-Tech: (Hons.) in Mech. Engineering ,B.D.I.T, Gzb (U.P.T.U), with an aggregate of 79.3% in 2014.

•Intermediate: Delhi Public School (C.B.S.E), Bokaro Steel City, with an aggregate of 84.8% in 2009.

•S.S.C :Delhi Public School (C.B.S.E), Bokaro Steel City, with an aggregate of 90.6% in 2007.

Awards and Honours:

•Selected and offered Letter of Joining in CDS-II/2013 for INDIAN ARMY (137 DE)/IMA-D
•Awarded ‘Environment Sensitive Officer’ for planting and maintaining 450 trees in BSL.
•Appointed as ‘Hindi Officer’ of the department; conducted Hindi fortnights,workshops etc.
•Have been a recipient of Blue Blazer and Scholar Badge for 6 times in DPS Bokaro.

•Successful paper and model presentation in Department of Mechanical Engineering, IIT- GUWAHATI on ‘Electrically Operated Physiotherapy Chair Using Harmonic Oscillation’.
•Completed field project in final year on ‘Statistical Analysis of Consumption of Material in Forging Department for Manufacturing 5 Speed Freewheel’ for Spark Engineering Pvt. Ltd and Received Letter of Appreciation and monetary award for the same.

Social Accomplishments:

•Associated with Vanvasi Kalyan Ashram (NGO); conducted regular workshops, courses for skill development of rural population-weaving, stitching etc.
•Chief organizer of annual memorial cricket tournament in village to boost local talent since 2005.
•Annual distribution of blankets to the under privileged during the cricket tournament.
•Have represented BSL in National Inter Steel Cricket Tournament and Corporate Cup.
•Core member of event organizing committee at corporate as well as college level .

Regards

S
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 26 Aug 2019, 20:29
Tridisha1 wrote:
Hi Aashutosh,
While your profile is good, your GMAT is much below average and getting into ISB will be an uphill task without a 30-40 increase in GMAT score.

Regards,
Tridisha

Hi Tridisha, thanks for replying on the post.
I was scoring around 720 in the gmat prep mocks but goofed up in my actual gmat. Planning to give again after 16 day time period. Kindly let me know the gmat score required which will make me a good candidate for isb scholarships.

Aashutoshkumar wrote:

Gmat -660

Professional Experience:

Role:

Highlights:

Role:

Highlights:

Educational Details:

Awards and Honours:

Social Accomplishments:

Regards

SVP
SVP
D

Show Tags

New post 26 Aug 2019, 21:38
pulak1988 wrote:
Dear Team,

10th - 89%
12th - 82%

experience:

Hi Pulak,

I believe the foremost evaluation criterion in your case would be the need for an MBA. You will need solid career goals that require an MBA. Its not clear whether your own startup was also within the dental space. Its also relevant to know what your role is at this dental chain. Are you in the management or a practicing doctor.

in terms of your GMAT, b-schools will cut you with some slack there. We helped a doctor (MBBS) get into ISB last year and she had a score similar to yours. But she had a very strong personal story and more work experience in healthcare management as compared to yours.

I am going to recommend applying in a later round with a better GMAT score.

Ask us for ASSESSING YOUR MBA CHANCES

Totally Invested In Your Success. Therefore, unlimited essay guidance and unlimited communication with you.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 27 Aug 2019, 09:04
Female, 25 years old, India

Please evaluate my profile :
Secondary education : 9.4 gpa
Senior Secondary : 81.9%

Graduation :
Bachelors of Architecture
(5 years course including 6 months internship)

College : NIT

CGPA : 7.67

GMAT : 710 (Q49, V 36)

Work Experience : 25 months at Larsen and Toubro
(as on august 2019)
Role : Senior architect

Have taken up more responsibility than is usually awarded at my cadre. Have handled one project in last year and am handling another project on my own as of now.(project values upwards of 100 crores)

Co Curriculars :
1. Regularly volunteer for ngo camps ( elderdly health camps etc)
2. Was part of organizing committees of college fests, department functions, functions in school
3. Was involved in dramatics and debating in school

Why mba ?

I know the technical aspects of a building, from the floor plans to the ventilation system, from the effect it can have on a person to the how livable and sustenable it can be .
I want to able to look at the same built environment from a business/financial/economic point of view also, to be able to have a more cohesive bigger picture.

Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 27 Aug 2019, 20:28
Hi Kuks,

With the information given, I would think you are ideal for the program. However, you need to put in some serious thoughts on your Why MBA part and future goals. A strong application and Essay will be imperative for admissions and I would urge you to focus your energies into that.

PM For further queries.

Regards,
Tridisha

kuks94 wrote:
Female, 25 years old, India

Please evaluate my profile :
Secondary education : 9.4 gpa
Senior Secondary : 81.9%

Graduation :
Bachelors of Architecture
(5 years course including 6 months internship)

College : NIT

CGPA : 7.67

GMAT : 710 (Q49, V 36)

Work Experience : 25 months at Larsen and Toubro
(as on august 2019)
Role : Senior architect

Have taken up more responsibility than is usually awarded at my cadre. Have handled one project in last year and am handling another project on my own as of now.(project values upwards of 100 crores)

Co Curriculars :
1. Regularly volunteer for ngo camps ( elderdly health camps etc)
2. Was part of organizing committees of college fests, department functions, functions in school
3. Was involved in dramatics and debating in school

Why mba ?

I know the technical aspects of a building, from the floor plans to the ventilation system, from the effect it can have on a person to the how livable and sustenable it can be .
I want to able to look at the same built environment from a business/financial/economic point of view also, to be able to have a more cohesive bigger picture.

GRE 1: Q170 V164
ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 01 Sep 2019, 01:21
I hope someone can give me an overview of my profile.

GRE: 335.
Btech. IIT Electronics
Work Ex: Semiconductor Industry. Branded Company. Will be 30 months at the time of joining ISB.
Have taken Responsibility at work. Was chosen to send to onsite. COmpleted that project. Got a couple of awards. Strong Reco expected.

Was very strongly invloved in extra curricualrs at college. Was also the governor for a club. Took part in various organising committees and headed them during college.

Why MBA ?
Looking to move into Product Management role, preferably in tech companies. Need additional skillsets exposure to move into the field. Cross functional knowledge needed. Current skill sets not enough but will be a starting point.

Originally posted by SChas on 30 Aug 2019, 10:54.
Last edited by SChas on 01 Sep 2019, 01:21, edited 1 time in total.
GMAT Club Bot
ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!   [#permalink] 30 Aug 2019, 10:54

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  151   152   153   154   155   156   157    Next  [ 3136 posts ] 

ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: warriorguy, LeoN88