GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 20 Oct 2019, 17:03

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: ISB '21
CAT Tests
Requesting Profile Eval for ISB  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 Aug 2019, 08:25
Hi,

I'm planning to apply for ISB in round 1. Please evaluate my profile.

GMAT Score: 700 (V37, Q48)

Female, 23 years

Work experience: ~2.6 years (as on 31st March'20)

I have done my graduation (B.A. Hons. in Economics) from Delhi University

In college, I was a part of societies such as Enactus, Women's Development Cell. During my job, I took initiative and worked on diverse projects and even bagged an early promotion for myself.

SVP
SVP
D
Re: Requesting Profile Eval for ISB  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 Aug 2019, 19:54
aj128 wrote:
Hi,

Female, 23 years

In college, I was a part of societies such as Enactus, Women's Development Cell. During my job, I took initiative and worked on diverse projects and even bagged an early promotion for myself.

The details are too little to know how you stand amongst a very competitive pool. Please discuss more details about your work, achievements, promotions, career goals, and current extra curricular activities.

Ask us for ASSESSING YOUR MBA CHANCES

Totally Invested In Your Success. Therefore, unlimited essay guidance and unlimited communication with you.
Manager
Manager
B
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Sep 2019, 11:15
Dear SChas,

Thank you for sharing your profile.
I am an ISB alum and have been assisting applicants in their admission journeys for the last 4 years. Below is my take on your profile.

GRE: Above Average
Work Ex. Quality : Average, Volume : Average
Undergrad : Above Average
Extracurricular : Average (can comment further with the information of what you did being the governor)

From an academic perspective, I definitely see that you have checked off all the evaluation metrics. However, there are a few things you will need to consider in your application:
a. You will need to showcase how you have demonstrated leadership qualities at work. It can be either through – team management, initiative, impact etc. Usually admission committees have a notion that people working in core industries do not get leadership opportunities before 3-4 years of experience.
b. While you might definitely be eligible for PM roles post MBA, for the sake of the application, you will need to rethink how exactly you will be a good fit for a PM role in a software tech focused company. Even if you want to become a PM, you should preferably narrow down on companies that have both electronics as well as software elements ex. IoT based products. You can justify that you will leverage your past experiences and build on top of it via the MBA program to contribute as an effective PM.
c. Lastly, you will need to highlight in the essays how your cohort will benefit from your personal and professional experiences during and after the program.

Please feel free to reach out to me at Arijit.biswas@crackadmission.com/+919701215544 in case you have any questions or need professional support.
Cheers
M| +91-9701215544
SVP
SVP
P
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V48
GRE 1: Q800 V740
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Sep 2019, 21:35
Top Contributor
aj128 wrote:
Hi,

Female, 23 years

Please provide more details on your work experience. Without that, it would be tough to take a call. From what you have specified, your profile looks promising, and a GMAt of 700 could work.

Awesome Work | Honest Advise | Outstanding Results

Reach Out, Lets chat!
Email: info at gyanone dot com | +91 98998 31738 | Skype: gyanone.services
SVP
SVP
P

Show Tags

New post 02 Sep 2019, 21:39
Top Contributor
Eternal wrote:
Hi,

Please evaluate my profile for ISB.

GMAT Score :
Attempting in September, Target 720+

Education qualification :
UG : 6.9/10 (NIFT, New Delhi) Bachelor in Design
XII : 68.9% (State Board)
X : 67.9% (State Board)

Work Experience :
8 years of work experience in Fashion And Retail. Started as a Junior executive in the industry.Currently working as the Creative Head of a retail company, leading a team of 15. I have built supportive environments to bring out the best in creative team and led team on various campaigns and projects.

Achievements :
Has been nominated as ‘Ideator of the Year’ twice in my career.

Extra Curricular:
N.C.C. ‘B’ grade certificate holder.
Have won numerous Debate competitions in School
Represented my school for National level Science Congress.
I am active in various NGOs and teach English to underprivileged children.
Active in various NGOs related to environmental causes.

Questions:
I am planning to pursue MBA in Retail or Marketing and want to become an entrepreneur down the line.Coming from a design background I have a disadvantage of not being able to understand the business in terms of numbers. Will it be convincing?
Based on my profile, what are my weak points I should work upon?

Hi Eternal

Very nice profile, and goals are quite in line. At this point, focus on (a) making sure you work on your app so it is ready by the time you take the GMAT (b) taking the GMAT and ensuring you meet your target score (700+).

Reach Out, Lets chat!
SVP
SVP
P

Show Tags

New post 02 Sep 2019, 21:43
Top Contributor
siddartha09 wrote:
Hi,

Can someone please help me in evaluating my profile? Here are the details.

Background:
• 25, Indian Male,
• B.E in Electronics and Communication: 8.6/10 CGPA
• Diploma in Electronics and Tele-Communication: 89.89% aggregate
• SSC: 85.69%

Work Ex: 4+ years
• Present Employer: Bristlecone (A Mahindra group company)

I. Contributed heavily in starting out a new practice of Artificial Intelligence and Machine learning domain in the company.
II. Led a team of 2 people at the start which later grew to a total of 7 members in an 8-month period
III. Delivered 4 fully functional automation projects during this period, saving more than 1000+ man hours/year for the client.

• Previous Employer: Infosys

I. Assisted in developing project timelines/deliverables/strategies and worked with onsite client to track status & issues in offshore development mode, conducting reviews of codes & test cases and analyzing change requests/enhancements
II. Monitored project progress & outstanding issues after a severe ramp down of employees which included the one’s leading the project.

International Exp:
Worked with a leading American bank having multiple teams at different locations and coordinated with them on a daily basis for 3 years during my tenure with Infosys.

Achievements:
I. Brilliant Beginner Award, Bristlecone, FY 2018-19,
II. INSTA Award for Outstanding Performance, Infosys Ltd, Q4- 2018,
III. Reward of INR 20,000 for Excellent Performance, Infosys Ltd, FY 2016-17,
IV. INSTA Award for Outstanding Performance, Infosys Ltd, Q3-2016,
V. INSTA Award for Outstanding Performance, Infosys Ltd, Q2-2016,
VI. Letter of Appreciation, from General Secretary of college, 2013-14

Extra Curriculars:
I. Press In-charge, Student’s Representative Council, 2013-14,
II. Vice-president, Electronics & Communication Department, 2013-14,
III. Student Coordinator, National Level workshop on aptitude development, 2014-15
IV. Winner of literary cup, Intra-college, 2012-2015
V. Member of CSR activities Bristlecone and Infosys, 2015-present

Looking forward for a feedback,
Thanks! :)

Hi siddartha09

Looks very promising. What is your GMAT score?

Reach Out, Lets chat!
SVP
SVP
P

Show Tags

New post 02 Sep 2019, 21:46
Top Contributor
DivyaPenumetsa wrote:
Please evaluate my profile as below :

25 year old Female with work ex of 2 years would be completing 3 years by April 2020.

Work for one of the big 4 in India within the innovation team. My job is to build products and tools for internal and external audiences. Have gone to market with 3 of these products.

Have worked on building 20+ products and tools and have lead the projects as Product manager. I run the development segment of the team and have across sectors of cyber , hr tech , forensics and many more.

GMAT score of 720

Hi DivyaPenumetsa

Broadly looks good. Please focus on your app now and try and apply in R1.

Reach Out, Lets chat!
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 03 Sep 2019, 04:59
Hi

Below is my profile. Can someone please evaluate and provide feedbacks.

I applied to ISB last year, but didn't got through after the interview stage. My profile has not chnaged since I applied last year, except I was promoted to project manager in the same team. Can someone please advise what can I showcase in the 3rd (reapplicant) essay.

Work : I currently work in EXL, an analytics consulting company as a project manager. I recently got promoted to the managerial position. My work profile so far has been developing strategies for a US retail client to combat credit card fraud in stores and on-line.
Bachelor : B.Tech - IIT Roorkee, 2015 batch
10th / 12th : 90%+ CBSE
GMAT : 710
Extracurriculars : i have held leadership positions in college fests.
Hobbies: I do origami and have held sessions in my organization regarding the same.

My experience has been in data analytics consulting. I have 4+ years of work experience. I want to move from analytics consulting to management consulting. I am not sure if this is a right expectation from an MBA. Can someone please guide me here to get clarity on post MBA goals.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 03 Sep 2019, 07:46
Hello,

I am a prospective ISB PGP Applicant. I would request you to evaluate my profile:
Total work Exp: 3.5 years.( In a renowned German Automotive OEM. Have interacted with Japanese and German colleagues)
UG: B.E in Mechanical Engineering
Extracurriculars: Actively involved in CSR activities in the company.Have organised and participated in college fests, quizzes and debates.
GRE score : 305( giving a re-test..expecting around 320-330)

Do i have a fair chance of getting into ISB?
SVP
SVP
D

Show Tags

New post 03 Sep 2019, 10:35
confusedengineer1 wrote:
Hello,

I am a prospective ISB PGP Applicant. I would request you to evaluate my profile:
Total work Exp: 3.5 years.( In a renowned German Automotive OEM. Have interacted with Japanese and German colleagues)
UG: B.E in Mechanical Engineering
Extracurriculars: Actively involved in CSR activities in the company.Have organised and participated in college fests, quizzes and debates.
GRE score : 305( giving a re-test..expecting around 320-330)

Do i have a fair chance of getting into ISB?

You have the right quantity of work experience, but the quality is more important- what do you do at work, what achievements you've made and how your career has progressed are all critical answers to submit a great MBA application.
Good to know that you are actively involved in CSR activities. That is another important factor for admissions and one where you can show some leadership ability
The sore point at this time is the GRE score. You need to slog it out on this one, and then the other things in the application process would be well under control.

Totally Invested In Your Success. Therefore, unlimited essay guidance and unlimited communication with you.
SVP
SVP
D

Show Tags

New post 03 Sep 2019, 10:42
ankit7agarwal wrote:
Hi

Below is my profile. Can someone please evaluate and provide feedbacks.

I applied to ISB last year, but didn't got through after the interview stage. My profile has not chnaged since I applied last year, except I was promoted to project manager in the same team. Can someone please advise what can I showcase in the 3rd (reapplicant) essay.

Work : I currently work in EXL, an analytics consulting company as a project manager. I recently got promoted to the managerial position. My work profile so far has been developing strategies for a US retail client to combat credit card fraud in stores and on-line.
Bachelor : B.Tech - IIT Roorkee, 2015 batch
10th / 12th : 90%+ CBSE
GMAT : 710
Extracurriculars : i have held leadership positions in college fests.
Hobbies: I do origami and have held sessions in my organization regarding the same.

My experience has been in data analytics consulting. I have 4+ years of work experience. I want to move from analytics consulting to management consulting. I am not sure if this is a right expectation from an MBA. Can someone please guide me here to get clarity on post MBA goals.

Hi Ankit,

I'm throwing up a few ideas which could have changed since last year:
1. GMAt score/ other academic courses
2. Promotion/ increased responsibilities, responsibilities that have direct business impact, change in function, better alignment of current role with career goals
3. new extra curricular activities or experiences which improved your personality
4. changed career goals
A reapplicant essay requires some introspection on your life, career and goals, so dont provide the adcom a laundry list (if my suggestions have given you enough ideas)

Transitioning from analytics to management consulting is fairly standard. You will still use a lot of your analytics background as analytics is increassing used in businesses these days. If you don't expect a career change (or some sort of change) from an MBA, then you need to consider why you need an MBA at all.

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 04 Sep 2019, 00:28
Hi.
I have been recently promoted in my organization. Would it be wise to mention this in my ISB application?
Or would it lead to "difficult to handle" interview questions like "You are doing well in your job, recently got promoted, Why MBA now, then?"
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Accounting, Finance

Show Tags

New post 04 Sep 2019, 04:07
Any applicants above 30?
Manager
Manager
B
GMAT 1: 660 Q49 V31
GPA: 3.22
CAT Tests
ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Sep 2019, 12:04
subaru2019 wrote:
Any applicants above 30?

33 actually!!! hope is a good thing....Maybe the best of things....and no good thing ever dies...Shawshank Redemption!
Intern
Intern
B
ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Sep 2019, 17:39
I would like to know which schools and programs I might want to apply for:

GMAT: 760, 8 integrated reasoning, 49Q, 45V
GPA: 3.796, Top 20 school. Graduated in 3 years. Studied business undergrad.
Work experience: 2 years server at McDonalds (1 empty year of looking for job). I was too busy raising my GPA to satisfy the complaints of my parents to look for a job my third year and I was abroad second semester of my second. Plus, I had no prior work experience, just an assortment of mild volunteer activities. Trying to find a job when you never had a job is painful.

I might not be only looking at B-schools but also finance degrees.

I want to be able to find a job.
SVP
SVP
D

Show Tags

New post 04 Sep 2019, 23:23
JohnWycliffe wrote:

Work experience: 2 years server at McDonalds (1 empty year of looking for job). I was too busy raising my GPA to satisfy the complaints of my parents to look for a job my third year and I was abroad second semester of my second. Plus, I had no prior work experience, just an assortment of mild volunteer activities. Trying to find a job when you never had a job is painful.

Do you have any work experience other than McDonald? I think it will first help get some work exp in a field where your undergrad education comes to use. Get the MBA aftre that.

SVP
SVP
D

Show Tags

New post 04 Sep 2019, 23:25
MBADecoder wrote:
JohnWycliffe wrote:

Do you have any work experience other than McDonald? I think it will first help get some work exp in a field where your undergrad education comes to use. Get the MBA after that. It will be easier to get into a pre experience MFin program or an MiM instead of a regular MBA at this time

Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: General Management, Operations
GMAT 1: 640 Q44 V33
GMAT 2: 710 Q47 V39
GPA: 4
WE: Operations (Manufacturing)

Show Tags

New post 05 Sep 2019, 00:26
Hi.
Please evaluate my profile for ISB PGP class of 2021.

Male-27 years
GMAT score-710 (Q 47, V39, IR 6, AWA 5)

Work experience- 5 Years in SAIL(PSU); Current position -Assistant Manager;
Job role-Operations-Worked in collaboration with Paul Wurth/TMT(Italy) in the commissioning and stabilizing phases of the new State of the art Blast Furnace-8 at Bhilai Steel Plant;
leading a team of 20 Diploma Engineers and 30+ contractual workers.

Academics-
B.Tech- 7.92/10-BPUT, Odisha
12th- 81.2-State Board
10th- 87.2-State Board

Extracurricular- Involved in CSR activities of the company-mentoring class 10 and 12 students.

Aimed Specialization- Major-Operations, Minor-Finance.

Post MBA- Operations/SUpply chain in Automobile/FMCG/Manufacturing or Consulting.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 05 Sep 2019, 05:31
Hi all

I am planning to apply for ISB R2 2019 for CO 2021.
Target Gmat score 650-680 based on my score in 2014.
Work ex 10 years in indian IT industry
Worked in client location for almost half of my career abroad.
Couple of internal awards.
Couple of technical certifications.
Lead teams in offshore /onshore model.-15 member team.
organisation role is a TL but lead teams even before that for the last 4 years. These days doing developer role.
BTech EC from a University affiliated college.

Pending tasks :
Gmat
Essays
Reco

Questions:
-with my experience and not much extra curricular in terms of sports/volunteering etc , do I stand a chance ?
-I would like to take up TPM kind of roles in Tech industry post MBA. How is it in ISB
-There is PgP max as well but I don’t like it since it’s not Flagship.
-I also find ISB expensive and doubtful on how people look at my profile during campus jobs.
-I think around 5 percent are senior execs so in 900 - 45 are seniors (both campus ? ) anyone can shed light for senior execs ? I couldn’t find my on LinkedIn as well.
-I have read about CIO, COO level role stuff during campus placements for seniors but am taking about an average joe :)

I like Hyderabad and hence not keen on IIM A B C x’s

Cheers
Your friendly neighbour hood Spider-Man :)

Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Operations, General Management
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V35
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)

Show Tags

New post 05 Sep 2019, 07:34
Educational Background -
B.tech (Mechanical Engineering) from a tier-2 college - 7.84/10 or 70.9%
12th standard - 70.33% (CBSE)
10th standard - 9.4/10 or 89.30%(CBSE)

Work Experience -

35 months in Infosys
Current designation - Senior Systems Engineer(Might get a promotion in the next quarter)
I am an SAP PI consultant/SAP UI developer with experience working with the new agile methodology, which is currently being swiftly adopted across different projects. I have also worked for 10 months on SAP ABAP.
I have worked on development/implementation projects only(No back-end support work till date)
I have worked on projects related to energy and manufacturing sectors till now(I feel it does not even matter as my work hardly changes from project to project)
I don`t have a leadership role but in the absence of my lead, I am the one coordinating the daily activities and dividing tasks among my fellow teammates.
I have also received an award at work recently.

Extra-Curriculars -
Was chosen to be a part of the Self-governance team, during the training period at Infosys after undergoing a selection process(A total of 10 people were chosen out of a batch of 450)
Was a part of an NGO for a couple of years. The NGO was dedicated to uplifting the unfortunate strata of the society, especially orphan children, by providing them with free education and a place to stay
Was part of the organizing team for some fests(even a national level fest) during the college years

With this profile, what score should I consider as a safe score to receive a call given that my essays are up to the mark when the time comes?
Also, can anyone please help me with how I can improve my profile a bit if I plan to apply for the class of `22 instead of the class of `21?
GMAT Club Bot
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!   [#permalink] 05 Sep 2019, 07:34

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  154   155   156   157   158  ...  160    Next  [ 3189 posts ] 

ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: LeoN88, warriorguy