GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 11 Nov 2019, 21:16

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!

new topic post reply Update application status  
MBA Section Director
V
Affiliations: GMAT Club
City: Pune
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Please evaluate my profile  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Oct 2019, 23:37
abhichopra007 wrote:
Please evaluate my profile and also suggest Indian and Intl schools with my profile, experience and career goals.
Thanks.

!
abhichopra007, We have dedicated profile eval threads for almost all tops schools. You should post your profile eval requests in those threads instead of creating a new thread. I am merging this topic in ISB profile eval thread. Be sure to post your profile eval requests in these threads next time.

MBA Video Series - Video answers to specific components and questions about MBA applications.

2020 MBA Deadlines, Essay Questions and Analysis of all top MBA programs
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
G
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Oct 2019, 23:57
Hi Guys!

For all those of you looking to apply in R2 here's my take on how you can approach your ISB essays - https://bit.ly/2Mcr92h.

Happy Writing!

Best,

Check out our new tool MBA Matrix https://EduSimplified.com/mba-matrix
Intern
Intern
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Oct 2019, 00:35
ISBeacon Thank you for the feedback. It gives confidence to move forward. Thank you.
Intern
Intern
B
ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 05 Nov 2019, 06:26
Kindly evaluate my profile:

Indian Male (31 year-old)

Undergraduate: Bachelor Of Engineering in "Computer Science" from Rajiv Gandhi Technological University.

UG Percentage: 67.8 (probably 7.1 on 10 point scale)

Job profile: 5-years(August,2014-present) as Credit Manager (Scale 2) at one of India's largest public sector bank-Bank Of India, to which I was selected through a national level competitive examination with a selection ratio of 1:200. Joined as Assistant Manager and promoted to manager in 2019 through a bank-wide written and interview competitive procedure. Currently, I am managing Credit portfolio in a branch of over INR 100 crores (approx. USD 14 Million). My work includes achieving credit targets of the branch, identification of borrowers, review of credit history, monitoring of proposals prepared by staff, supervision on disbursement of advance, monitoring of existing portfolio, managing and mentoring a team of 18 people (who are at various levels of organizational hierarchy), implementation of Government loan schemes. I have been instrumental in steering my present and earlier branch to highly profitable balance sheet through diversifying into a segment that was earlier playing a negligible role in branch's portfolio.

GMAT: 730 (Q51, V38, IR6, AWA 5).

Extracurricular:(1) During UG, I was part of the team that won National Level Paper Presentation Contest on "Re-Engineering vs Reverse Engineering".
(2) Multiple prizes in essay, sports, drama competitions during schooling.
(3) After UG, worked freelance to develop a local startup on WordPress web development which was a learning experience.
(4) During my present position, I have also been deputed as Presiding Officer for polling booths in National Election 2019 and MP State Election 2018. Duties included managing polling team of 6-10 people, more than 1100 voters and political party agents in a politically sensitive polling area while providing real-time polling statistics to Election Commission of India.

No international experience.

Post MBA: mainly Finance, Fintech or Consulting.

Thanks in advance

Posted from my mobile device

Originally posted by Gmatcake on 17 Oct 2019, 10:52.
Last edited by Gmatcake on 05 Nov 2019, 06:26, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
S
Schools: ISB (A)

Show Tags

New post 17 Oct 2019, 23:04
Gmatcake wrote:
(3) After UG, worked freelance to develop a local startup on WordPress web development which was a learning experience.

Were you doing this full-time before you joined the Public sector bank?

Interesting profile overall. Considering that you do not seem to have worked in Tech industry, FinTech might be a long shot.

For ISB Aspirants, by ISB Alums

Free First essay
Free Profile Evaluation
Free ISB Essays Best Practices Document

ISBeacon: Your Beacon to ISB
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 18 Oct 2019, 05:40
ISBeacon wrote:
Gmatcake wrote:

Were you doing this full-time before you joined the Public sector bank?

Interesting profile overall. Considering that you do not seem to have worked in Tech industry, FinTech might be a long shot.

Thanks for your reply.
Yes,I was doing that full-time but unfortunately it didn't worked out as I planned, so I prepared for competitive exam in 2013 and got selected in bank. But the startup was a learning and humbling experience.

Intern
Intern
B
GPA: 4
WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 19 Oct 2019, 03:59
Dear All,

Please evaluate my profile and share feedback on my chances of admission into ISB in R2.

Indian Female, 27 years old, IT Consultant at IBM

Academics:
>> GPA : 4.00 (8.99 on a 10 scale)
>> GMAT : 710 (Q- 50, V - 35, IR - 6, AWA - 5)
>> TOEFL : 110

Work Experience: 5+ years at IBM, currently working with IBM as Regional Service Manager

International Assignment and Leadership experience,
** Currently in Jakarta, Indonesia since last 1 year in a cross-cultural leadership role
** Consultancy experience in Melbourne for three months
** Consultancy experience in Thailand, Bangkok for a month

Awards:
** Awarded National Scholarship of US$1055 for academic excellence in 12th grade from MHRD, Government of India
** Honored with IBM’s "Eminence & Excellence Award" for exceptional project results

Volunteering Experience:
** Organized Computer Awareness & Education Program for 50 underprivileged kids as part of IBM Computer Literacy Drive
** Member of ‘The Calcutta Orphanage’, raised a fund of $700 for educational and ailment treatment purpose

Extracurricular Activities:
** Diploma Degree Holder in Painting from ‘Bangiya Sangeet Parishad’, secured 1st position in State Painting Competition
** Course in Photography from Indian Institute of Photography and received feature recognition from Amazon India

Thanks & Regards.
Manager
Manager
S

Show Tags

New post 19 Oct 2019, 07:13
Overall very well balanced profile mallicks123. However, I don't get a sense of your motivation for MBA, from your post. That's a key component of your essays, and requisite thought needs to go into it.

Free First essay
Free Profile Evaluation

Intern
Intern
S
ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Oct 2019, 08:04
Hi every one...

Please help in detailed profile assessment, it will be a great help.

Entrepreneurship ( 2014 - Till Date): Business Development- Sales and Marketing with over 4 years experience (Consumer Electronics, FMCG), Channel Sales, Strategy, Annual Operating plan, Financial projections. Heading a team of 20 people spread over 5 states.

Overall Experience: Over 10 years as 1.6 Years as Civil Engineer, Vedanta Aluminium Limited and 3.5 years, Business Development (Power Sales, Regulatory, Transmission). Technical Assistant to MD, Whole Time Director( GMR Group).
Entrepreneurship, 2014 to till Date- Business Development (Consumer Electronics, FMCG).

UG degree: B Tech (Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology, KIIT University)
UG (%): 74%
Passed- 2009

GMAT: 510 (8/31/2017)

Looking to get into ISB, in 2020.

Thanks and Regards,
Avijit
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 25 Oct 2019, 22:08
Hi,

Please evaluate my profile for ISB

GMAT Score:- 660 (Q48 V33)

Qualified Chartered Accountant (Cleared all exams on the 1st go)

2 plus years experience of working in social sector

10th/12th- 87.60%/82.00%

Graduation- 77.27%

Extra Curriculars- Organized Multiple economics quiz during college

Regards,
Akshay
Manager
Manager
S

Show Tags

New post 26 Oct 2019, 09:39
akshaymodi1995 wrote:
Hi,

10th/12th- 87.60%/82.00%

Graduation- 77.27%

Regards,
Akshay

Hi Akshay, things look good on all fronts, except for your GMAT score. However, the fact that you've been working in social sector is a BIG plus and can compensate for your GMAT score. Do craft an application, where the goals align with your experience so far.

Free First essay
Free Profile Evaluation

Current Student
B
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
Schools: ISB '19 (A)
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.88
WE: General Management (Transportation)

Show Tags

New post 26 Oct 2019, 10:00
Hey Guys
I am an ISB alum : Co'19 and currently working with Uber. Being the part of committee which shortlists applicant's profiles while at ISB and an ISB applicant two years back, I have the experience of being on both sides of the table.
Ping me if you any information pertaining to :
- Admissions
- Placements
- Interviews
- ISB Life
- Profile Evaluations
Would be happy to help and share my experiences.
You guys may reach me at +91-9988823883 (whatsapp only)
Manager
Manager
G
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V39
GPA: 3.7
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 28 Oct 2019, 00:01
Hi,

10th-92.45%
12th-93.91%
Undergrad B.E - 8.24/10 (Production Engineering- Sandwich Course - 5years)
GMAT - 700 (Q47, V39, IR-5, AWA-6)

Work Ex- 7 years 4 months

Domain- Project Management in Manufacturing supply chain.

I work in a team called SCOPE (Supply Chain Optimization and Performance Enhancement).
From 2012 - 2015, my work mostly involved working with consultants to improve the capability of suppliers by establishing a system in place. We monitored the delivery performance of suppliers and the reasons for not achieving 100% delivery performance was identified. If the issue was due to customer, no major action was taken. But IF the issue was due to supplier viz RM non-availability, production planning, high setup change over time, absenteeism, breakdown,etc then we tried to put place a system that would prevent recurrence of the issue namely a system for RM planning, Setup time reduction using time study, Preventive Maintenance, etc

From 2012-2016, i was also working a project with a Japanese consultant to reduce the setup time and cycle time at supplier end, leading to increase in productivity

From 2016 - till date -> i am working on a project with another Japanese consultant to implement a new system that would cut across dealers, Manufacturing plant and suppliers to synchronize the supply chain. This project runs across 4 manufacturing plants spread throughout india. WOrk is more of project management involving all 4 plants, suppliers & dealers

Hobbies:
Reading, Workout & Football.

Target schools- IIMA, IIMB, IIMC, ISB, B-schools in US if scholarship can be availed, B-schools in Singapore & Canada (not zeroed in on any particular B-schools)

Thanks
SVP
SVP
D

Show Tags

New post 28 Oct 2019, 03:48
Ashokshiva wrote:
Hi,

10th-92.45%
12th-93.91%

I work in a team called SCOPE (Supply Chain Optimization and Performance Enhancement).
From 2012 - 2015, my work mostly involved working with consultants to improve the capability of suppliers by establishing a system in place. We monitored the delivery performance of suppliers and the reasons for not achieving 100% delivery performance was identified. If the issue was due to customer, no major action was taken. But IF the issue was due to supplier viz RM non-availability, production planning, high setup change over time, absenteeism, breakdown,etc then we tried to put place a system that would prevent recurrence of the issue namely a system for RM planning, Setup time reduction using time study, Preventive Maintenance, etc

From 2012-2016, i was also working a project with a Japanese consultant to reduce the setup time and cycle time at supplier end, leading to increase in productivity

From 2016 - till date -> i am working on a project with another Japanese consultant to implement a new system that would cut across dealers, Manufacturing plant and suppliers to synchronize the supply chain. This project runs across 4 manufacturing plants spread throughout india. WOrk is more of project management involving all 4 plants, suppliers & dealers

Hobbies:

Target schools- IIMA, IIMB, IIMC, ISB, B-schools in US if scholarship can be availed, B-schools in Singapore & Canada (not zeroed in on any particular B-schools)

Thanks

Hi,

I am assuming that you are working in a manufacturing company in an operations role, and you are not working in consulting. Also, I am curious to know your career goals. Your work experience sounds good and relevant to business schools- you haven't mentioned specific achievements so its difficult to get a clear picture about where your profile stands. My assumption is that you re doing well for yourself and your company and that should make you competitive at your target programs. Eventually where you apply would depend on your career goals and what resources your program has to offer in regard to those.

Ask us for ASSESSING YOUR MBA CHANCES

Invested In Your Success
Manager
Manager
S

Show Tags

New post 28 Oct 2019, 06:50
Hi Ashokshiva, decent GMAT score and your work experience that closely aligns with your undergrad specialization in Production Engineering, would all work on your favor.

Make sure your goals also align with this significant work experience that you have. In fact, ISB offers a specialization in Operations Management that would enhance your existing knowledge base, in areas such as Logistics and Supply Chain Management. Make sure you highlight these aspects as well, in your essays.

Free First essay
Free Profile Evaluation

SVP
SVP
P
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V48
GRE 1: Q800 V740

Show Tags

New post 30 Oct 2019, 04:00
Top Contributor
akshaymodi1995 wrote:
Hi,

10th/12th- 87.60%/82.00%

Graduation- 77.27%

Regards,
Akshay

Hi akshaymodi1995

Please provide a bit more detail on your work ex - employer/why you chose this sector. Also, what are your post-PGP goals?

In general, the GMAT is pulling you down. Try and increase that by 20+ points minimum.

Awesome Work | Honest Advise | Outstanding Results

Reach Out, Lets chat!
Email: info at gyanone dot com | +91 98998 31738 | Skype: gyanone.services
SVP
SVP
P

Show Tags

New post 30 Oct 2019, 04:05
Top Contributor
Ashokshiva wrote:
Hi,

10th-92.45%
12th-93.91%

Hobbies:

Thanks

Hi Ashokshiva

Overall quite well set for IIM A/B/C, ISB, with decent apps to all.

Reach Out, Lets chat!
SVP
SVP
P

Show Tags

New post 30 Oct 2019, 04:07
Top Contributor
Gmatcake wrote:

Indian Male (31 year-old)

Undergraduate: Bachelor Of Engineering in "Computer Science" from Rajiv Gandhi Technological University.

UG Percentage: 67.8 (probably 7.1 on 10 point scale)

Job profile: 5-years(August,2014-present) as Credit Manager (Scale 2) at one of India's largest public sector bank-Bank Of India, to which I was selected through a national level competitive examination with a selection ratio of 1:200. Joined as Assistant Manager and promoted to manager in 2019 through a bank-wide written and interview competitive procedure. Currently, I am managing Credit portfolio in a branch of over INR 100 crores (approx. USD 14 Million). My work includes achieving credit targets of the branch, identification of borrowers, review of credit history, monitoring of proposals prepared by staff, supervision on disbursement of advance, monitoring of existing portfolio, managing and mentoring a team of 18 people (who are at various levels of organizational hierarchy), implementation of Government loan schemes. I have been instrumental in steering my present and earlier branch to highly profitable balance sheet through diversifying into a segment that was earlier playing a negligible role in branch's portfolio.

GMAT: 730 (Q51, V38, IR6, AWA 5).

Extracurricular:(1) During UG, I was part of the team that won National Level Paper Presentation Contest on "Re-Engineering vs Reverse Engineering".
(2) Multiple prizes in essay, sports, drama competitions during schooling.
(4) During my present position, I have also been deputed as Presiding Officer for polling booths in National Election 2019 and MP State Election 2018. Duties included managing polling team of 6-10 people, more than 1100 voters and political party agents in a politically sensitive polling area while providing real-time polling statistics to Election Commission of India.

No international experience.

Post MBA: mainly Finance, Fintech or Consulting.

Thanks in advance

All good there Gmatcake. Go ahead and apply, and target R2.

Reach Out, Lets chat!
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, Finance

Show Tags

New post 01 Nov 2019, 08:19
Hi!

I am 24, Indian, UG in Computer Science Engineering.

Work ex: Consulting at Tier-II consulting firm ( Fortune 500 professional services company) - Got a policy exception to join consulting from technology without an MBA - the youngest member of consulting practice at my company in India - due for promotion which will make 3 promotions in 3 years of my career at the company.

Extra-curricular:

1. Trustee of a sports foundation - We train underprivileged kids in sports for free with an aim to make them professional athletes. This foundation is under leadership of an accomplished Paralympian
2. Advisor to an NGO which has fixed over 500 garbage dumps in India
3. Advisor to Member of Parliament ( Congressman ) - Help him with policies and initiatives around startups and tech

Reason for MBA - Get a deeper understanding of business and global markets and build a global network. I want to come back to India post-MBA and work for a VC along with helping the government in building a strong startup ecosystem for my country.

I am planning to write an MBA in the next 4 months and apply to class of 2021. You advice will be very helpful formulizing my strategy going forward.

Thanks in advance!
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Strategy, Finance

Show Tags

New post 01 Nov 2019, 08:21
Hi!

I am 24, Indian, UG in Computer Science Engineering.

Work ex: Consulting at Tier-II consulting firm ( Fortune 500 professional services company) - Got a policy exception to join consulting from technology without an MBA - the youngest member of consulting practice at my company in India - due for promotion which will make 3 promotions in 3 years of my career at the company.

Extra-curricular:

1. Trustee of a sports foundation - We train underprivileged kids in sports for free with an aim to make them professional athletes. This foundation is under leadership of an accomplished Paralympian
2. Advisor to an NGO which has fixed over 500 garbage dumps in India
3. Advisor to Member of Parliament ( Congressman ) - Help him with policies and initiatives around startups and tech

Reason for MBA - Get a deeper understanding of business and global markets and build a global network. I want to come back to India post-MBA and work for a VC along with helping the government in building a strong startup ecosystem for my country.

I am planning to write an MBA in the next 4 months and apply to class of 2021. You advice will be very helpful formulizing my strategy going forward.

Thanks in advance!
GMAT Club Bot
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!   [#permalink] 01 Nov 2019, 08:21

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  155   156   157   158   159   160   161    Next  [ 3216 posts ] 

ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: warriorguy, LeoN88