Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 18:26 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 18:26

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 41
GPA: 4
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 237 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Schools: ISB (A)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 107
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 137
Send PM
Re: ISB Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Hi,

Please evaluate my profile for ISB

GMAT Score:- 660 (Q48 V33)

Qualified Chartered Accountant (Cleared all exams on the 1st go)

2 plus years experience of working in social sector

10th/12th- 87.60%/82.00%

Graduation- 77.27%

Extra Curriculars- Organized Multiple economics quiz during college

Regards,
Akshay
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 237 [0]
Send PM
akshaymodi1995 wrote:
Hi,

10th/12th- 87.60%/82.00%

Graduation- 77.27%

Regards,
Akshay

Hi Akshay, things look good on all fronts, except for your GMAT score. However, the fact that you've been working in social sector is a BIG plus and can compensate for your GMAT score. Do craft an application, where the goals align with your experience so far.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [2]
Given Kudos: 35
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
Schools: ISB '19 (A)
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.88
WE:General Management (Transportation)
Send PM
Kudos
Hey Guys
I am an ISB alum : Co'19 and currently working with Uber. Being the part of committee which shortlists applicant's profiles while at ISB and an ISB applicant two years back, I have the experience of being on both sides of the table.
Ping me if you any information pertaining to :
- Admissions
- Placements
- Interviews
- ISB Life
- Profile Evaluations
Would be happy to help and share my experiences.
You guys may reach me at +91-9988823883 (https://gmatclub.com/chat only)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 169 [0]
Given Kudos: 178
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V39
GPA: 3.7
Send PM
Hi,

Kindly evaluate my profile:

10th-92.45%
12th-93.91%
Undergrad B.E - 8.24/10 (Production Engineering- Sandwich Course - 5years)
GMAT - 700 (Q47, V39, IR-5, AWA-6)

Work Ex- 7 years 4 months

Domain- Project Management in Manufacturing supply chain.

I work in a team called SCOPE (Supply Chain Optimization and Performance Enhancement).
From 2012 - 2015, my work mostly involved working with consultants to improve the capability of suppliers by establishing a system in place. We monitored the delivery performance of suppliers and the reasons for not achieving 100% delivery performance was identified. If the issue was due to customer, no major action was taken. But IF the issue was due to supplier viz RM non-availability, production planning, high setup change over time, absenteeism, breakdown,etc then we tried to put place a system that would prevent recurrence of the issue namely a system for RM planning, Setup time reduction using time study, Preventive Maintenance, etc

From 2012-2016, i was also working a project with a Japanese consultant to reduce the setup time and cycle time at supplier end, leading to increase in productivity

From 2016 - till date -> i am working on a project with another Japanese consultant to implement a new system that would cut across dealers, Manufacturing plant and suppliers to synchronize the supply chain. This project runs across 4 manufacturing plants spread throughout india. WOrk is more of project management involving all 4 plants, suppliers & dealers

Hobbies:
Reading, Workout & Football.

Target schools- IIMA, IIMB, IIMC, ISB, B-schools in US if scholarship can be availed, B-schools in Singapore & Canada (not zeroed in on any particular B-schools)

Thanks
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 575 [0]
Given Kudos: 155
Send PM
Expert Reply
Ashokshiva wrote:
Hi,

10th-92.45%
12th-93.91%

I work in a team called SCOPE (Supply Chain Optimization and Performance Enhancement).
From 2012 - 2015, my work mostly involved working with consultants to improve the capability of suppliers by establishing a system in place. We monitored the delivery performance of suppliers and the reasons for not achieving 100% delivery performance was identified. If the issue was due to customer, no major action was taken. But IF the issue was due to supplier viz RM non-availability, production planning, high setup change over time, absenteeism, breakdown,etc then we tried to put place a system that would prevent recurrence of the issue namely a system for RM planning, Setup time reduction using time study, Preventive Maintenance, etc

From 2012-2016, i was also working a project with a Japanese consultant to reduce the setup time and cycle time at supplier end, leading to increase in productivity

From 2016 - till date -> i am working on a project with another Japanese consultant to implement a new system that would cut across dealers, Manufacturing plant and suppliers to synchronize the supply chain. This project runs across 4 manufacturing plants spread throughout india. WOrk is more of project management involving all 4 plants, suppliers & dealers

Hobbies:

Target schools- IIMA, IIMB, IIMC, ISB, B-schools in US if scholarship can be availed, B-schools in Singapore & Canada (not zeroed in on any particular B-schools)

Thanks

Hi,

I am assuming that you are working in a manufacturing company in an operations role, and you are not working in consulting. Also, I am curious to know your career goals. Your work experience sounds good and relevant to business schools- you haven't mentioned specific achievements so its difficult to get a clear picture about where your profile stands. My assumption is that you re doing well for yourself and your company and that should make you competitive at your target programs. Eventually where you apply would depend on your career goals and what resources your program has to offer in regard to those.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 237 [2]
Send PM
Bookmarks
Hi Ashokshiva, decent GMAT score and your work experience that closely aligns with your undergrad specialization in Production Engineering, would all work on your favor.

Make sure your goals also align with this significant work experience that you have. In fact, ISB offers a specialization in Operations Management that would enhance your existing knowledge base, in areas such as Logistics and Supply Chain Management. Make sure you highlight these aspects as well, in your essays.
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1585 [0]
Given Kudos: 33
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V48
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Expert Reply
Top Contributor
akshaymodi1995 wrote:
Hi,

10th/12th- 87.60%/82.00%

Graduation- 77.27%

Regards,
Akshay

Hi akshaymodi1995

Please provide a bit more detail on your work ex - employer/why you chose this sector. Also, what are your post-PGP goals?

In general, the GMAT is pulling you down. Try and increase that by 20+ points minimum.
CEO
CEO
Send PM
Expert Reply
Top Contributor
Ashokshiva wrote:
Hi,

10th-92.45%
12th-93.91%

Hobbies:

Thanks

Hi Ashokshiva

Overall quite well set for IIM A/B/C, ISB, with decent apps to all.
CEO
CEO
Send PM
Expert Reply
Top Contributor
Gmatcake wrote:

Indian Male (31 year-old)

Undergraduate: Bachelor Of Engineering in "Computer Science" from Rajiv Gandhi Technological University.

UG Percentage: 67.8 (probably 7.1 on 10 point scale)

Job profile: 5-years(August,2014-present) as Credit Manager (Scale 2) at one of India's largest public sector bank-Bank Of India, to which I was selected through a national level competitive examination with a selection ratio of 1:200. Joined as Assistant Manager and promoted to manager in 2019 through a bank-wide written and interview competitive procedure. Currently, I am managing Credit portfolio in a branch of over INR 100 crores (approx. USD 14 Million). My work includes achieving credit targets of the branch, identification of borrowers, review of credit history, monitoring of proposals prepared by staff, supervision on disbursement of advance, monitoring of existing portfolio, managing and mentoring a team of 18 people (who are at various levels of organizational hierarchy), implementation of Government loan schemes. I have been instrumental in steering my present and earlier branch to highly profitable balance sheet through diversifying into a segment that was earlier playing a negligible role in branch's portfolio.

GMAT: 730 (Q51, V38, IR6, AWA 5).

Extracurricular:(1) During UG, I was part of the team that won National Level Paper Presentation Contest on "Re-Engineering vs Reverse Engineering".
(2) Multiple prizes in essay, sports, drama competitions during schooling.
(3) After UG, worked freelance to develop a local startup on WordPress web development which was a learning experience.
(4) During my present position, I have also been deputed as Presiding Officer for polling booths in National Election 2019 and MP State Election 2018. Duties included managing polling team of 6-10 people, more than 1100 voters and political party agents in a politically sensitive polling area while providing real-time polling statistics to Election Commission of India.

No international experience.

Post MBA: mainly Finance, Fintech or Consulting.

Thanks in advance

Posted from my mobile device

All good there Gmatcake. Go ahead and apply, and target R2.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
Send PM
Hi!

I am 24, Indian, UG in Computer Science Engineering.

Work ex: Consulting at Tier-II consulting firm ( Fortune 500 professional services company) - Got a policy exception to join consulting from technology without an MBA - the youngest member of consulting practice at my company in India - due for promotion which will make 3 promotions in 3 years of my career at the company.

Extra-curricular:

1. Trustee of a sports foundation - We train underprivileged kids in sports for free with an aim to make them professional athletes. This foundation is under leadership of an accomplished Paralympian
2. Advisor to an NGO which has fixed over 500 garbage dumps in India
3. Advisor to Member of Parliament ( Congressman ) - Help him with policies and initiatives around startups and tech

Reason for MBA - Get a deeper understanding of business and global markets and build a global network. I want to come back to India post-MBA and work for a VC along with helping the government in building a strong startup ecosystem for my country.

I am planning to write an MBA in the next 4 months and apply to class of 2021. You advice will be very helpful formulizing my strategy going forward.

Thanks in advance!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
Send PM
Hi!

Work ex: Consulting at Tier-II consulting firm ( Fortune 500 professional services company) - Got a policy exception to join consulting from technology without an MBA - the youngest member of consulting practice at my company in India - due for promotion which will make 3 promotions in 3 years of my career at the company.

Extra-curricular:

1. Trustee of a sports foundation - We train underprivileged kids in sports for free with an aim to make them professional athletes. This foundation is under leadership of an accomplished Paralympian
3. Advisor to Member of Parliament ( Congressman ) - Help him with policies and initiatives around startups and tech

Reason for MBA - Get a deeper understanding of business and global markets and build a global network. I want to come back to India post-MBA and work for a VC along with helping the government in building a strong startup ecosystem for my country.

I am planning to write an MBA in the next 4 months and apply to class of 2021. You advice will be very helpful formulizing my strategy going forward.

Thanks in advance!
CEO
CEO
Send PM
Expert Reply
hanmanjeney wrote:
Hi!

Extra-curricular:

Thanks in advance!

Hi,

Generally speaking, its not possible to break into the VC circuit. The VC space itself is very small, and breaking in is difficult unless you have some associated pre MBA experience (IB/ entrepreneurship). You need to look deeper into your experiences, you also need to connect the dots between what you have done and what you will do in the future - how the two add up.
I am also unclear on how you will help the Government by working as a VC- its a little overstretched statement.
My second point is, when are you planning to write the GMAT and apply for MBA? Most deadlines are in January (ISB's including). If you are taking GMAT 4 months later, you will at best be able to apply in R1 next year, for class of 2022/23 (depending on program duration).
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 341
Send PM
Hi, Could somebody please evaluate my profile ?

Name- Ayush Sinha, M, 28

GMAT - 690 (Q49 V35 IR 3)
Academics
10th - 93%
12th - 84%
B. Tech (From Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra) - First Class with distinction

Extra Curricular during undergrad:-
1. Two National Level Prizes in Scientific Writing Competitions.
1. Vice President in a club - organised many important events and undertook important decisions for the club for future events.

Work Experience when I apply to ISB - 5.5 years total
1. Corporate Experience - Systems Engineer at Infosys Ltd. - 2 years
Appraisal score of 4.76/5.0 in the last appraisal cycle

Them moved to Social Impact space

2. Fellow at SBI Youth for India - Led a team of 10 tribal women (who were at that time dwelling below the poverty line) to form a Social Enterprise. Later awarded by the 'Confederation of Indian Industry'. Was one among the 6 finalists to be selected out of 360 teams from all across India.

3. Currently working as Strategy Lead at the Office of a Member of Parliament in India - Worked on various social impact and policy projects worth USD 1 M. Reported to the MP on a day to day basis. Led 3-4 different teams of 3-5 people.

Why MBA - Many reasons but most important is education and knowledge and to rise up the ladder faster.
Why now? - This is the most appropriate time as I have gained substantial work experience. Also, I am planning to apply since last year.
Preferred Industry post MBA - 1. Management Consulting 2. Social Impact
CEO
CEO
Send PM
Expert Reply
Ayush Sinha wrote:
Hi, Could somebody please evaluate my profile ?

Name- Ayush Sinha, M, 28

GMAT - 690 (Q49 V35 IR 3)
Academics
10th - 93%
12th - 84%
B. Tech (From Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra) - First Class with distinction

Extra Curricular during undergrad:-
1. Two National Level Prizes in Scientific Writing Competitions.
1. Vice President in a club - organised many important events and undertook important decisions for the club for future events.

Work Experience when I apply to ISB - 5.5 years total
1. Corporate Experience - Systems Engineer at Infosys Ltd. - 2 years
Appraisal score of 4.76/5.0 in the last appraisal cycle

2. Fellow at SBI Youth for India - Led a team of 10 tribal women (who were at that time dwelling below the poverty line) to form a Social Enterprise. Later awarded by the 'Confederation of Indian Industry'. Was one among the 6 finalists to be selected out of 360 teams from all across India.

3. Currently working as Strategy Lead at the Office of a Member of Parliament in India - Worked on various social impact and policy projects worth USD 1 M. Reported to the MP on a day to day basis. Led 3-4 different teams of 3-5 people.

Why MBA - Many reasons but most important is education and knowledge and to rise up the ladder faster.
Why now? - This is the most appropriate time as I have gained substantial work experience. Also, I am planning to apply since last year.

Hi Ayush,

As you would already know, the differentiating factor in your profile is the social impact experience. As I understand you have been working in this space for the past 3.5 years? That is substantial enough experience to build a case around it. That said, I must mention, we are surprisingly seeing more and more applicants every year with similar kind of work experience.

Reach out if you need help with your application- we have quite some experience working with applicants with social impact experience and it would be an opportunity for us to bring our insights to your application.
BSchool Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 515 [0]
Given Kudos: 227
Concentration: Nonprofit, Sustainability
Schools: ISB '23
GMAT 1: 630 Q47 V30
WE:Operations (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Ayush Sinha wrote:
Ayush Sinha,

Hello Ayush, great profile. I'd like to know more about your motivation and rational to transition from ITES to Social Impact space. And how you plan to leverage your MBA?

Have sent you a LinkedIn connection request. All the best. :)
BSchool Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 515 [0]
Given Kudos: 227
Concentration: Nonprofit, Sustainability
Schools: ISB '23
GMAT 1: 630 Q47 V30
WE:Operations (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM

#Profile Evaluation!

Dears,

Hope everyone is doing well; Gmatclub Team has launched a new product feature

'What Are My Chances- Profile Evaluation Tool!'

This tool evaluates your profile and
1. Informs your fitment/chances of admission to your dream school, &
2. Recommends business school(s) for your consideration.

I'd like you to visit this page and give it a try. Any feedback on this will be highly appreciated.

Have a great time ahead!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Given Kudos: 38
Schools: ISB
Send PM
Hi all! I'm thinking of applying to ISB via the YLP route. Would really appreciate if someone could evaluate my chances for the same.
10th-95%
12th-94%(Science)
UG: Economics Hons. at top 10 Uni; Aggregate of ~75%(Top 10% of class)
Test Score: GRE 327
Other courses: CFA Level 2 cleared
Extra Curricular: Lots of leadership roles in college. Led teams for various events. Editor in chief of departmental magazine. Won awards for academic paper presentations, management events. Volunteered at CRY as well.

Thanks in advance!
And is there anything I could do to improve my chances?
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  158   159   160   161   162  ...  307