GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 10 Dec 2019, 14:08

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!

  new topic post reply Update application status  
Author Message
SVP
SVP
User avatar
D
Joined: 16 Jan 2012
Posts: 1875
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Nov 2019, 10:48
hanmanjeney wrote:
Hi!

I am 24, Indian, UG in Computer Science Engineering.

Work ex: Consulting at Tier-II consulting firm ( Fortune 500 professional services company) - Got a policy exception to join consulting from technology without an MBA - the youngest member of consulting practice at my company in India - due for promotion which will make 3 promotions in 3 years of my career at the company.

Extra-curricular:

1. Trustee of a sports foundation - We train underprivileged kids in sports for free with an aim to make them professional athletes. This foundation is under leadership of an accomplished Paralympian
2. Advisor to an NGO which has fixed over 500 garbage dumps in India
3. Advisor to Member of Parliament ( Congressman ) - Help him with policies and initiatives around startups and tech

Reason for MBA - Get a deeper understanding of business and global markets and build a global network. I want to come back to India post-MBA and work for a VC along with helping the government in building a strong startup ecosystem for my country.

I am planning to write an MBA in the next 4 months and apply to class of 2021. You advice will be very helpful formulizing my strategy going forward.

Thanks in advance!



Hi,

Generally speaking, its not possible to break into the VC circuit. The VC space itself is very small, and breaking in is difficult unless you have some associated pre MBA experience (IB/ entrepreneurship). You need to look deeper into your experiences, you also need to connect the dots between what you have done and what you will do in the future - how the two add up.
I am also unclear on how you will help the Government by working as a VC- its a little overstretched statement.
My second point is, when are you planning to write the GMAT and apply for MBA? Most deadlines are in January (ISB's including). If you are taking GMAT 4 months later, you will at best be able to apply in R1 next year, for class of 2022/23 (depending on program duration).
_________________
Namita Garg,
http://www.mbadecoder.com
Contact us at: contact@mbadecoder.com

Ask us for ASSESSING YOUR MBA CHANCES

Invested In Your Success
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 21 Sep 2017
Posts: 4
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Nov 2019, 04:14
Hi, Could somebody please evaluate my profile ?

Name- Ayush Sinha, M, 28

GMAT - 690 (Q49 V35 IR 3)
Academics
10th - 93%
12th - 84%
B. Tech (From Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra) - First Class with distinction

Extra Curricular during undergrad:-
1. Two National Level Prizes in Scientific Writing Competitions.
1. Vice President in a club - organised many important events and undertook important decisions for the club for future events.


Work Experience when I apply to ISB - 5.5 years total
1. Corporate Experience - Systems Engineer at Infosys Ltd. - 2 years
Appraisal score of 4.76/5.0 in the last appraisal cycle

Them moved to Social Impact space

2. Fellow at SBI Youth for India - Led a team of 10 tribal women (who were at that time dwelling below the poverty line) to form a Social Enterprise. Later awarded by the 'Confederation of Indian Industry'. Was one among the 6 finalists to be selected out of 360 teams from all across India.

3. Currently working as Strategy Lead at the Office of a Member of Parliament in India - Worked on various social impact and policy projects worth USD 1 M. Reported to the MP on a day to day basis. Led 3-4 different teams of 3-5 people.

Why MBA - Many reasons but most important is education and knowledge and to rise up the ladder faster.
Why now? - This is the most appropriate time as I have gained substantial work experience. Also, I am planning to apply since last year.
Preferred Industry post MBA - 1. Management Consulting 2. Social Impact
SVP
SVP
User avatar
D
Joined: 16 Jan 2012
Posts: 1875
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Nov 2019, 06:23
Ayush Sinha wrote:
Hi, Could somebody please evaluate my profile ?

Name- Ayush Sinha, M, 28

GMAT - 690 (Q49 V35 IR 3)
Academics
10th - 93%
12th - 84%
B. Tech (From Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra) - First Class with distinction

Extra Curricular during undergrad:-
1. Two National Level Prizes in Scientific Writing Competitions.
1. Vice President in a club - organised many important events and undertook important decisions for the club for future events.


Work Experience when I apply to ISB - 5.5 years total
1. Corporate Experience - Systems Engineer at Infosys Ltd. - 2 years
Appraisal score of 4.76/5.0 in the last appraisal cycle

Them moved to Social Impact space

2. Fellow at SBI Youth for India - Led a team of 10 tribal women (who were at that time dwelling below the poverty line) to form a Social Enterprise. Later awarded by the 'Confederation of Indian Industry'. Was one among the 6 finalists to be selected out of 360 teams from all across India.

3. Currently working as Strategy Lead at the Office of a Member of Parliament in India - Worked on various social impact and policy projects worth USD 1 M. Reported to the MP on a day to day basis. Led 3-4 different teams of 3-5 people.

Why MBA - Many reasons but most important is education and knowledge and to rise up the ladder faster.
Why now? - This is the most appropriate time as I have gained substantial work experience. Also, I am planning to apply since last year.
Preferred Industry post MBA - 1. Management Consulting 2. Social Impact



Hi Ayush,

As you would already know, the differentiating factor in your profile is the social impact experience. As I understand you have been working in this space for the past 3.5 years? That is substantial enough experience to build a case around it. That said, I must mention, we are surprisingly seeing more and more applicants every year with similar kind of work experience.

Reach out if you need help with your application- we have quite some experience working with applicants with social impact experience and it would be an opportunity for us to bring our insights to your application.
_________________
Namita Garg,
http://www.mbadecoder.com
Contact us at: contact@mbadecoder.com

Ask us for ASSESSING YOUR MBA CHANCES

Invested In Your Success
ISB School Moderator
User avatar
G
Joined: 08 Dec 2013
Posts: 619
Location: India
Concentration: Nonprofit, Sustainability
Schools: ISB '21
GMAT 1: 630 Q47 V30
WE: Operations (Non-Profit and Government)
Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Nov 2019, 18:27
Ayush Sinha wrote:
Ayush Sinha,
Them moved to Social Impact space

2. Fellow at SBI Youth for India - Led a team of 10 tribal women (who were at that time dwelling below the poverty line) to form a Social Enterprise. Later awarded by the 'Confederation of Indian Industry'. Was one among the 6 finalists to be selected out of 360 teams from all across India.
Preferred Industry post MBA - 1. Management Consulting 2. Social Impact


Hello Ayush, great profile. I'd like to know more about your motivation and rational to transition from ITES to Social Impact space. And how you plan to leverage your MBA?

Have sent you a LinkedIn connection request. All the best. :)
ISB School Moderator
User avatar
G
Joined: 08 Dec 2013
Posts: 619
Location: India
Concentration: Nonprofit, Sustainability
Schools: ISB '21
GMAT 1: 630 Q47 V30
WE: Operations (Non-Profit and Government)
Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Nov 2019, 18:44

#Profile Evaluation!



Dears,

Hope everyone is doing well; Gmatclub Team has launched a new product feature

'What Are My Chances- Profile Evaluation Tool!'

.

This tool evaluates your profile and
1. Informs your fitment/chances of admission to your dream school, &
2. Recommends business school(s) for your consideration.

I'd like you to visit this page and give it a try. Any feedback on this will be highly appreciated.

Have a great time ahead!
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 28 Jun 2018
Posts: 5
Location: India
Schools: ISB
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Nov 2019, 21:33
Hi all! I'm thinking of applying to ISB via the YLP route. Would really appreciate if someone could evaluate my chances for the same.
10th-95%
12th-94%(Science)
UG: Economics Hons. at top 10 Uni; Aggregate of ~75%(Top 10% of class)
Test Score: GRE 327
Other courses: CFA Level 2 cleared
Gender: Male
Extra Curricular: Lots of leadership roles in college. Led teams for various events. Editor in chief of departmental magazine. Won awards for academic paper presentations, management events. Volunteered at CRY as well.

Thanks in advance!
And is there anything I could do to improve my chances?
SVP
SVP
User avatar
P
Status: Top MBA Admissions Consultant
Joined: 24 Jul 2011
Posts: 1916
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V48
GRE 1: Q800 V740
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Nov 2019, 21:56
1
Top Contributor
Erebus wrote:
Hi all! I'm thinking of applying to ISB via the YLP route. Would really appreciate if someone could evaluate my chances for the same.
10th-95%
12th-94%(Science)
UG: Economics Hons. at top 10 Uni; Aggregate of ~75%(Top 10% of class)
Test Score: GRE 327
Other courses: CFA Level 2 cleared
Gender: Male
Extra Curricular: Lots of leadership roles in college. Led teams for various events. Editor in chief of departmental magazine. Won awards for academic paper presentations, management events. Volunteered at CRY as well.

Thanks in advance!
And is there anything I could do to improve my chances?


Hi Erebus

You seem well-placed on all counts. Proceed with full confidence and focus on building a good app.
_________________
GyanOne [www.gyanone.com]| Premium MBA and MiM Admissions Consulting

Awesome Work | Honest Advise | Outstanding Results

Reach Out, Lets chat!
Email: info at gyanone dot com | +91 98998 31738 | Skype: gyanone.services
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 30 Jul 2019
Posts: 37
Location: India
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V45
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Nov 2019, 21:58
1
Erebus wrote:
Hi all! I'm thinking of applying to ISB via the YLP route. Would really appreciate if someone could evaluate my chances for the same.
10th-95%
12th-94%(Science)
UG: Economics Hons. at top 10 Uni; Aggregate of ~75%(Top 10% of class)
Test Score: GRE 327
Other courses: CFA Level 2 cleared
Gender: Male
Extra Curricular: Lots of leadership roles in college. Led teams for various events. Editor in chief of departmental magazine. Won awards for academic paper presentations, management events. Volunteered at CRY as well.

Thanks in advance!
And is there anything I could do to improve my chances?


Your chances are great. If you're applying in your final year then think a little about your post UG job and short and long term career goals as they'll come up in the interview. And kudos on clearing 2 levels of CFA while in college

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 28 Jun 2018
Posts: 5
Location: India
Schools: ISB
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Nov 2019, 22:05
Thank you all for the quick replies! I was wondering whether I should take the GMAT to improve my chances because I took the GRE on a whim without really preparing for it. Considering I have around 6 months at hand should I take the GMAT with an aim for a 750+ score?
SVP
SVP
User avatar
P
Status: Top MBA Admissions Consultant
Joined: 24 Jul 2011
Posts: 1916
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V48
GRE 1: Q800 V740
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Nov 2019, 22:08
1
Top Contributor
Erebus wrote:
Thank you all for the quick replies! I was wondering whether I should take the GMAT to improve my chances because I took the GRE on a whim without really preparing for it. Considering I have around 6 months at hand should I take the GMAT with an aim for a 750+ score?


At least for ISB, your GRE is absolutely fine. If you feel you can do better, it is preferable for you to put in a bit more effort and try to cross 330 on the GRE, than go to the GMAT. No advantage in taking the GMAT over the GRE now. All business schools accept GRE scores.
_________________
GyanOne [www.gyanone.com]| Premium MBA and MiM Admissions Consulting

Awesome Work | Honest Advise | Outstanding Results

Reach Out, Lets chat!
Email: info at gyanone dot com | +91 98998 31738 | Skype: gyanone.services
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
P
Joined: 10 Jan 2017
Posts: 330
Location: India
Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Nov 2019, 06:08
Hi all,

Could someone be kind to get my profile evaluated for ISB based on my current GMAT Score. (Over Representative Group of Indian Male Engineer - Telecommunication)

1> I have taken my GMAT on 08/11/2019. I scored a dismal 650 (Q 49, V 28, IR 5). Though i am planning to re-appear for the test in next 2 months of time, it will be really helpful if you can evaluate my profile based on my current GMAT score.

2>STD 10- 91% (2006), STD 12 - 86%(2008) (state board)- For both these cases, as i was among the top most %ile rank holders, i received scholarship from the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Govt. of India.
--Represented school Soccer team & participated in different debate competitions.
3>B. tech in Electronics and communication Engineering from one of the top engineering college(Institute of Engineering & Management) with a 9.01/10 GPA (scaled GPA 4.0) in the year 2012
--Part of college student council that represented various college activities. Student co-ordinator for College events.
4>Placed in 4 different MNCs after my Undergrad degree.
5> Joined leading Telecomm. service provider in their Global services operations in India as a Engineering trainee on 2012, working for last 7 years.
6>Promoted twice in the meantime, currently working as a Senior Network Engineer.
7> Worked for multiple telecomm operators around the globe, giant names of Africa, US & Europian operators are among them.
8>Internation exposure in Zambia, Africa for couple of months as i was a part of the team who was engaged in commercial launch of a brand new technology there.
9> Also I was in Germany for sometime as a specialist working for a new project. Leading a team of 10~20 people with constant customer interactions.
10> Part of technical recruitment team of my organization.
11> Part of cultural & brand awarness team in my organization.
12> Multiple key performance award winner for outstanding delivery efforts.
13> Team member for automation & cost-saving programmes in my organization.

Your suggestion in all fronts are highly appreciated.
SVP
SVP
User avatar
D
Joined: 16 Jan 2012
Posts: 1875
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Nov 2019, 23:42
J2S2019 wrote:
Hi all,

Could someone be kind to get my profile evaluated for ISB based on my current GMAT Score. (Over Representative Group of Indian Male Engineer - Telecommunication)

1> I have taken my GMAT on 08/11/2019. I scored a dismal 650 (Q 49, V 28, IR 5). Though i am planning to re-appear for the test in next 2 months of time, it will be really helpful if you can evaluate my profile based on my current GMAT score.

2>STD 10- 91% (2006), STD 12 - 86%(2008) (state board)- For both these cases, as i was among the top most %ile rank holders, i received scholarship from the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Govt. of India.
--Represented school Soccer team & participated in different debate competitions.
3>B. tech in Electronics and communication Engineering from one of the top engineering college(Institute of Engineering & Management) with a 9.01/10 GPA (scaled GPA 4.0) in the year 2012
--Part of college student council that represented various college activities. Student co-ordinator for College events.
4>Placed in 4 different MNCs after my Undergrad degree.
5> Joined leading Telecomm. service provider in their Global services operations in India as a Engineering trainee on 2012, working for last 7 years.
6>Promoted twice in the meantime, currently working as a Senior Network Engineer.
7> Worked for multiple telecomm operators around the globe, giant names of Africa, US & Europian operators are among them.
8>Internation exposure in Zambia, Africa for couple of months as i was a part of the team who was engaged in commercial launch of a brand new technology there.
9> Also I was in Germany for sometime as a specialist working for a new project. Leading a team of 10~20 people with constant customer interactions.
10> Part of technical recruitment team of my organization.
11> Part of cultural & brand awarness team in my organization.
12> Multiple key performance award winner for outstanding delivery efforts.
13> Team member for automation & cost-saving programmes in my organization.

Your suggestion in all fronts are highly appreciated.


Hi There,

I just gave you a feedback on another thread. My response remains the same for ISB, and I will mention i briefly once again:

1. Retake GMAT
2. Leverage your susbtantial experience in the ISB app to show you will actively contribute your valuable experience to class
3. Leverage your international exposure as well.
4. Retake GMAT - important, therefore repeating.

Otherwise I believe you have a lot in your profile to stand on its own merit, even though you may come from an over-represented category. Focus upon your strengths and they shall serve you well in crafting a competitive application. Reach out if you need help.
_________________
Namita Garg,
http://www.mbadecoder.com
Contact us at: contact@mbadecoder.com

Ask us for ASSESSING YOUR MBA CHANCES

Invested In Your Success
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
P
Joined: 10 Jan 2017
Posts: 330
Location: India
Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Nov 2019, 00:00
MBADecoder wrote:
J2S2019 wrote:
Hi all,

Could someone be kind to get my profile evaluated for ISB based on my current GMAT Score. (Over Representative Group of Indian Male Engineer - Telecommunication)

1> I have taken my GMAT on 08/11/2019. I scored a dismal 650 (Q 49, V 28, IR 5). Though i am planning to re-appear for the test in next 2 months of time, it will be really helpful if you can evaluate my profile based on my current GMAT score.

2>STD 10- 91% (2006), STD 12 - 86%(2008) (state board)- For both these cases, as i was among the top most %ile rank holders, i received scholarship from the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Govt. of India.
--Represented school Soccer team & participated in different debate competitions.
3>B. tech in Electronics and communication Engineering from one of the top engineering college(Institute of Engineering & Management) with a 9.01/10 GPA (scaled GPA 4.0) in the year 2012
--Part of college student council that represented various college activities. Student co-ordinator for College events.
4>Placed in 4 different MNCs after my Undergrad degree.
5> Joined leading Telecomm. service provider in their Global services operations in India as a Engineering trainee on 2012, working for last 7 years.
6>Promoted twice in the meantime, currently working as a Senior Network Engineer.
7> Worked for multiple telecomm operators around the globe, giant names of Africa, US & Europian operators are among them.
8>Internation exposure in Zambia, Africa for couple of months as i was a part of the team who was engaged in commercial launch of a brand new technology there.
9> Also I was in Germany for sometime as a specialist working for a new project. Leading a team of 10~20 people with constant customer interactions.
10> Part of technical recruitment team of my organization.
11> Part of cultural & brand awarness team in my organization.
12> Multiple key performance award winner for outstanding delivery efforts.
13> Team member for automation & cost-saving programmes in my organization.

Your suggestion in all fronts are highly appreciated.


Hi There,

I just gave you a feedback on another thread. My response remains the same for ISB, and I will mention i briefly once again:

1. Retake GMAT
2. Leverage your susbtantial experience in the ISB app to show you will actively contribute your valuable experience to class
3. Leverage your international exposure as well.
4. Retake GMAT - important, therefore repeating.

Otherwise I believe you have a lot in your profile to stand on its own merit, even though you may come from an over-represented category. Focus upon your strengths and they shall serve you well in crafting a competitive application. Reach out if you need help.


MBADecoder
Thank you. Its of prime importance to have a better GMAT score now. I will reach out to you once i have it.
I will require your guidance then to have a proper choice of programme & application.
Good day!!
SVP
SVP
User avatar
D
Joined: 16 Jan 2012
Posts: 1875
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Nov 2019, 00:59
J2S2019 wrote:
MBADecoder wrote:

Hi There,

I just gave you a feedback on another thread. My response remains the same for ISB, and I will mention i briefly once again:

1. Retake GMAT
2. Leverage your susbtantial experience in the ISB app to show you will actively contribute your valuable experience to class
3. Leverage your international exposure as well.
4. Retake GMAT - important, therefore repeating.

Otherwise I believe you have a lot in your profile to stand on its own merit, even though you may come from an over-represented category. Focus upon your strengths and they shall serve you well in crafting a competitive application. Reach out if you need help.


MBADecoder
Thank you. Its of prime importance to have a better GMAT score now. I will reach out to you once i have it.
I will require your guidance then to have a proper choice of programme & application.
Good day!!



Sure. Would be nice to know more about yoru experience. Just keep a solid grip on the timelines though...I thought you were a little confused on those.
_________________
Namita Garg,
http://www.mbadecoder.com
Contact us at: contact@mbadecoder.com

Ask us for ASSESSING YOUR MBA CHANCES

Invested In Your Success
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 31 Oct 2019
Posts: 6
Location: India
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Nov 2019, 12:28
Can some help help with a profile evaluation for ISB?

Background and nationality: Indian Male (27 years)

Undergrad Information: SRM University, Chennai; B.Tech. (2014, Computer Science Engineering); CGPA: 8.67

GMAT: 690 (QA-49, V-35, IR-5, AWA-5)

Work experience and leadership: 5.5 years with Unilever

Was recruited under the flagship executive trainee program, have been promoted thrice in 5 years.
Rotation based assignments across supply chain, sales & marketing, DevOps and Enterprise solutions over 9 months.
Three roles within Unilever:
1. Promoted to the role of analyst where extensively worked on setting up the first user experience centre of excellence for Unilever
Work included workshops and discussion with senior leadership interms of revamping delivery frameworks and processes.
Delivered multiple user experience projects across various business functions and also led a core team of UX designers and developers
Led multiple design workshops with global teams

2. Promoted to the role of analyst, was responsible for delivering innovations in the operational reporting space via HANA Application development (across supply chain, eCommerce, digital marketing & sales)
Led a team of 10+ tech architects, developers and functional experts - led recruitment and rewards too
total portfolio: $10 Million+
Also, led the solution design and budget management.

3. Promoted to assistant manager, am responsible for Supply Chain IT Innovations delivery & strategy
leading 2 major global programs:
a. Supply chain orchestration platform for North America (working with a US based technology startup and leading a team of 10+ functional experts, tech leads and and project managers)
responsibilities: Business engagement, delivery, fit-gap analysis and tech-integration design
portfolio: $15 Million+
b. Supply Chain visibility platform for Europe (working with another technology startup and internal teams across Unilever for deployment). Portfolio: $5 Million+
I also lead the learning solutions engagement for supply chain planning - Gamification and UX

Community and others -
Internship experiences:
Selected for an international internship in college (NEC in Japan) - Was given PPO
Selected for an internship with Nokia in India (was given PPO)
Did 2-3 other internships off-campus
Others:
Leadership experience for the college Tech-Fest
IT minister for the high school parliament
All rounder award at School
Some bit of CSR under the Unilever initiative

Post MBA goals - Product Management at an internet giant

Posted from my mobile device
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
G
Joined: 04 Jun 2010
Posts: 403
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Nov 2019, 15:34
HI mbapplicant2019

The experience at Unilever is definitely rich. We see some good stories regarding innovation esp with new technologies that you can utilize in your essays. GMAT is a tad over the lower side. There's still time, maybe give it another shot?
The extracurriculars mentioned seem to be from college? It would be good to have a current extra-curricular activity to complement your profile.

Overall, work hard on your essays. Good stories can take you through.

Reach out to us for a detailed discussion.

mbapplicant2019 wrote:
Can some help help with a profile evaluation for ISB?

Background and nationality: Indian Male (27 years)

Undergrad Information: SRM University, Chennai; B.Tech. (2014, Computer Science Engineering); CGPA: 8.67

GMAT: 690 (QA-49, V-35, IR-5, AWA-5)

Work experience and leadership: 5.5 years with Unilever

Was recruited under the flagship executive trainee program, have been promoted thrice in 5 years.
Rotation based assignments across supply chain, sales & marketing, DevOps and Enterprise solutions over 9 months.
Three roles within Unilever:
1. Promoted to the role of analyst where extensively worked on setting up the first user experience centre of excellence for Unilever
Work included workshops and discussion with senior leadership interms of revamping delivery frameworks and processes.
Delivered multiple user experience projects across various business functions and also led a core team of UX designers and developers
Led multiple design workshops with global teams

2. Promoted to the role of analyst, was responsible for delivering innovations in the operational reporting space via HANA Application development (across supply chain, eCommerce, digital marketing & sales)
Led a team of 10+ tech architects, developers and functional experts - led recruitment and rewards too
total portfolio: $10 Million+
Also, led the solution design and budget management.

3. Promoted to assistant manager, am responsible for Supply Chain IT Innovations delivery & strategy
leading 2 major global programs:
a. Supply chain orchestration platform for North America (working with a US based technology startup and leading a team of 10+ functional experts, tech leads and and project managers)
responsibilities: Business engagement, delivery, fit-gap analysis and tech-integration design
portfolio: $15 Million+
b. Supply Chain visibility platform for Europe (working with another technology startup and internal teams across Unilever for deployment). Portfolio: $5 Million+
I also lead the learning solutions engagement for supply chain planning - Gamification and UX

Community and others -
Internship experiences:
Selected for an international internship in college (NEC in Japan) - Was given PPO
Selected for an internship with Nokia in India (was given PPO)
Did 2-3 other internships off-campus
Others:
Leadership experience for the college Tech-Fest
IT minister for the high school parliament
All rounder award at School
Some bit of CSR under the Unilever initiative

Post MBA goals - Product Management at an internet giant

Posted from my mobile device

_________________
Apphelp : India's # 1 MBA admissions consultancy
-----------------------------------------------
Confused about MBA application strategy? Need help with Essay Review? Need mock interviews?
All these questions have a single answer : APPHELP
Phone: +91 9871354580
Email: info@apphelp.co.in
Website: http://www.apphelp.co.in
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 23 Apr 2019
Posts: 4
Location: India
Schools: ISB '20
GMAT 1: 660 Q49 V31
GPA: 4
CAT Tests
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Nov 2019, 00:31
Hey,

Please evaluate my profile for ISB:

Age: 23 yr

GMAT Score: 660 [Quant:49 , Verbal:31, I.R.:8 , AWA:5.5]

Educational Qualifications:

Graduation: Completed B.Tech in Electronics & Communications Engineering from from the LNM Institute of Information Technology 7.52 GGPA
(Was awarded Chairman's Gold Medal for the best all-round performance in the graduating batch of 2018-19)

H.S.C: secured 86.80 CBSE .
S.S.C: secured 91.20 CBSE.

Work Experience:
Threat Researcher (Sophos Labs) 22 Months now
(Received employee of the quarter award for outstanding contributions in Q4'18-19)
Responsible for providing protection against malware, email spam other cyber-threats.
Manage cyber-threat related requests coming from customers and handle false
positive reports triggered in anti-spam, URL filtering or anti-malware filtering layers.

ARCELOR MITTAL (Kazakhstan) Network Security Intern 1 month : Led the team to create a video presentation of the project which was termed as the best representation of all times by the heads.

Extra Curricular:
VICE PRESIDENT · Students' Gymkhana , The LNMIIT: Headed the Students Governing Body of 1500 students and was responsible for the UG curriculum, facilities such as hostels, buses, students festivals and managed student activity budget of INR 6 Million.

COORDINATOR & EVENT HEAD : Headed team of 8 sub-coordinators and 35 members, trained 300 students in embedded systems and robotics, and managed budget of INR 120000. Led 20-member team to organise Robowars in PLINTH 2015; invited 100 participants and adjudged the tournament.

TEACHING ASSISTANT : Conducted weekly training for group of 180 students on basics of electronics and physics in undergraduate B.Tech Electronics I and II courses and Optics lab in Physics.

Freelancing Graphic Designing : Designed logo for Gwalior Smart City and stood first among 1100 applications and Won INR 50,000.

I have won silver medal in the inter university sports tournament in Table Tennis, have performed dramatics and guitar in various events/competitions and I'm an astronomy enthusiast.

Do I stand a chance for Round 2 ISB applications this year ? retaking GMAT won't be an option since already retook and got the same 660 score.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
G
Joined: 04 Jun 2010
Posts: 403
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Nov 2019, 20:13
Hi samyak27

With a work experience of 22 months, a GMAT of 660 can be extremely to overcome. Since you've already given GMAT another try, you have two options:
1. Apply next year with a better GMAT (or GRE) score, especially if you think you can boost it by at least 40-50 points
2. Do you think your work experience and extracurriculars have enough depth? In that case, apply anyways this year - and give essays your best shot. It will get extremely competitive, but with a tightly written application and a little bit of luck, you may just scrape through.

Do give us a call if you would like to apply with your current score, we can brainstorm some story ideas for your essays.



samyak27 wrote:
Hey,

Please evaluate my profile for ISB:

Age: 23 yr

GMAT Score: 660 [Quant:49 , Verbal:31, I.R.:8 , AWA:5.5]

Educational Qualifications:

Graduation: Completed B.Tech in Electronics & Communications Engineering from from the LNM Institute of Information Technology 7.52 GGPA
(Was awarded Chairman's Gold Medal for the best all-round performance in the graduating batch of 2018-19)

H.S.C: secured 86.80 CBSE .
S.S.C: secured 91.20 CBSE.

Work Experience:
Threat Researcher (Sophos Labs) 22 Months now
(Received employee of the quarter award for outstanding contributions in Q4'18-19)
Responsible for providing protection against malware, email spam other cyber-threats.
Manage cyber-threat related requests coming from customers and handle false
positive reports triggered in anti-spam, URL filtering or anti-malware filtering layers.

ARCELOR MITTAL (Kazakhstan) Network Security Intern 1 month : Led the team to create a video presentation of the project which was termed as the best representation of all times by the heads.

Extra Curricular:
VICE PRESIDENT · Students' Gymkhana , The LNMIIT: Headed the Students Governing Body of 1500 students and was responsible for the UG curriculum, facilities such as hostels, buses, students festivals and managed student activity budget of INR 6 Million.

COORDINATOR & EVENT HEAD : Headed team of 8 sub-coordinators and 35 members, trained 300 students in embedded systems and robotics, and managed budget of INR 120000. Led 20-member team to organise Robowars in PLINTH 2015; invited 100 participants and adjudged the tournament.

TEACHING ASSISTANT : Conducted weekly training for group of 180 students on basics of electronics and physics in undergraduate B.Tech Electronics I and II courses and Optics lab in Physics.

Freelancing Graphic Designing : Designed logo for Gwalior Smart City and stood first among 1100 applications and Won INR 50,000.

I have won silver medal in the inter university sports tournament in Table Tennis, have performed dramatics and guitar in various events/competitions and I'm an astronomy enthusiast.

Do I stand a chance for Round 2 ISB applications this year ? retaking GMAT won't be an option since already retook and got the same 660 score.

_________________
Apphelp : India's # 1 MBA admissions consultancy
-----------------------------------------------
Confused about MBA application strategy? Need help with Essay Review? Need mock interviews?
All these questions have a single answer : APPHELP
Phone: +91 9871354580
Email: info@apphelp.co.in
Website: http://www.apphelp.co.in
Manager
Manager
User avatar
S
Status: Your Beacon to ISB!
Joined: 03 Aug 2015
Posts: 181
Schools: ISB (A)
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Nov 2019, 04:34
Ayush Sinha wrote:
Why MBA - Many reasons but most important is education and knowledge and to rise up the ladder faster.
Why now? - This is the most appropriate time as I have gained substantial work experience. Also, I am planning to apply since last year.
Preferred Industry post MBA - 1. Management Consulting 2. Social Impact

Hi Ayush, are you talking about the "ladder" in social impact space?

Also, when you say "Management Consulting", make sure you make it more specific, in terms of which function/domain in Management Consulting would you want to join.
_________________
http://www.ISBeacon.com

For ISB Aspirants, by ISB Alums

Free First essay
Free Profile Evaluation
Free ISB Essays Best Practices Document


ISBeacon: Your Beacon to ISB
Manager
Manager
User avatar
S
Status: Your Beacon to ISB!
Joined: 03 Aug 2015
Posts: 181
Schools: ISB (A)
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Nov 2019, 04:37
samyak27 wrote:
Hey,

Please evaluate my profile for ISB:

Age: 23 yr

GMAT Score: 660 [Quant:49 , Verbal:31, I.R.:8 , AWA:5.5]

Hi samyak27, age is on your side. Would suggest you work on your GMAT and apply with a better score this year R3 or next year.

In GMAT, your task is cut out; clearly you need to work on Verbal.
_________________
http://www.ISBeacon.com

For ISB Aspirants, by ISB Alums

Free First essay
Free Profile Evaluation
Free ISB Essays Best Practices Document


ISBeacon: Your Beacon to ISB
GMAT Club Bot
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!   [#permalink] 13 Nov 2019, 04:37

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  158   159   160   161   162   163   164    Next  [ 3262 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!

  new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: warriorguy, LeoN88






Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne