GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 02 Apr 2020, 19:43

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!

  new topic post reply Update application status  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 25 Sep 2016
Posts: 29
Concentration: Finance, Accounting
GPA: 4
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Jan 2020, 19:34
Hi,

Here is my profile for ISB

10th(ICSE)-78%
12th(CBSE)-66%
Bachelor of Engineering - 8.6(CGPA) in Mechanical Engineering from Deemed University in India
Work Experience - 4.9 years .Working as Data Analyst in TCS in India. Having Experience of leading team of 10 people for more than 2 years. A active member of corporate social responsibility(CSR) and the active member of toastmaster club and other club that are working for NGOs that mainly deal with student education locally. There is regular interaction with client and management people from company and outside but no international exposure yet.
GMAT- Giving in FEB end(First attempt)

Certification credential - I am Charter Financial analyst(CFA) Level 3 Candidate.
National Institute of Securities Markets (NISM) Certified in Derivative and Market
Certified in Financial Modelling.

Courses for MBA- Finance


Please let me know the expected GMAT score also that i should aim for.

any input would be greatly appreciated

Thanks and Regards
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 29 Jul 2019
Posts: 2
ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Jan 2020, 11:49
1
Hi,

Please evaluate my profile for ISB's YLP programme:

Age: 21 yr

GMAT Score: 710 [Q:49 ; V:38 ; I.R.:8 ; AWA:5]

Educational Qualifications:

Graduation: Final year of B.A(Hons) Business Economics from University of Delhi (Percentage: 62%)
H.S.C: secured 82.4% from The New Horizon school
S.S.C: secured 76% from Army school, Bengdubi

Work Experience:
Nil

Extra-Curricular:
1.Founder and CEO of KIRA India Esports (currently under incubation phase for angel round) (bootstrapping)
2. Gold medallist of Army golf cup, Jaipur
3. Digital Marketing certification from Google
4. Basic to master in SPSS AMOS from Udemy certification
5. Volunteered for Rainbow Public Welfare Society at Jammu, J&K (an NGO) and taught at Blind School, Served at Old Age homes for 1 year.
6. Contract and Audit Intern at the Ministry of Defense, Govt. of India.
7. Marketing Intern at Ceilings & Co. , Gurgaon
8. My Captain's Entrepreneurship Certification

Good with Statistics, Econometrics and Time Series analysis.


Research Projects (not published) :

1. Influence of Gold Price on various economic indicators (Regression analysis using SPSS)
2. Influence of BSE SENSEX on possible variables (Time Series analysis using Eviews)
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 10 Jan 2016
Posts: 49
Location: United Kingdom
Schools: ISB, IIM
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V35
GMAT 2: 700 Q49 V37
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Jan 2020, 16:06
Hi,
Could someone please evaluate my profile for ISB.
Gender and Age: M,31
Acads : 10th and 12th - 80% and 75%
BTech - 67% from Jaypee Noida in 2011
GMAT- 680
Work experience: 8.5 years
With Leading IT service company.
Working as Software Quality Lead In Investment Banking domain leading large and complex Trading platform for multiple financial product.
Have lead teams with size 4-5 people.
International experience of 5 years in Singapore and London and still in London.

Reason for MBA:
Looking to move into Leadership roles in IT service based or product based company.
I have gained good experience and knowledge on Banks and its IT systems.
Working with various stakeholders, i have gained both bottom-up and top-down view of software development and its implication in a major bank and corporate. I feel that I am now better placed to lead large projects, client and teams in a more effective way.
Please let me know in case of more queries.

Thanks in advance for the help.
Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 28 Aug 2019
Posts: 18
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Feb 2020, 10:42
I want to know my chances of getting into ISB YLP

Academic grades: Score in 10th is 88%, 12th std grade= 90%. Graduating from Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies (NMIMS) Bachelors of Business Administration program with a CGPA of 3.8/4. Pursuing CIMA UK.

Internship experience: Data Analyst at a quick-service restaurant. 2 months internship at PWC.

Achievements: Winner of State level table tennis tournament and secured All India Rank 1 in multiple CIMA exams.

Extra-curriculars: One year experience at an NGO. Member of Entrepreneurship Cell of my college and AISEC club

Certification course: Financial Market from Yale University via Coursera. Stock trading Workshop at IIT-B. I have completed a couple of more certification courses in other domains.

Expected GMAT score: 710-730 ( Got 710 in first simulated/ mock test)

Please provide me valuable insights into my profile and areas of improvement
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 10 Oct 2018
Posts: 1
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Feb 2020, 09:44
Hii

Indian male

Ssc 82%
Hsc 82%
Graduate in IT with 67 %

GMAT Score of 670

Work ex of total 8 years

4 years in startup IT company

4 years in reputed public sector bank

Appeared for civil services examination clearing up to interviews

Handled various portfolios in bank including loans,trade finance,aml,etc

Worked with central agencies like cbi,etc

Decent extra curriculars

Please evaluate

Posted from my mobile device
SVP
SVP
User avatar
P
Status: Top MBA Admissions Consultant
Joined: 24 Jul 2011
Posts: 2029
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V48
GRE 1: Q800 V740
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Feb 2020, 19:52
Top Contributor
Aman1012 wrote:
Hi,

Here is my profile for ISB

10th(ICSE)-78%
12th(CBSE)-66%
Bachelor of Engineering - 8.6(CGPA) in Mechanical Engineering from Deemed University in India
Work Experience - 4.9 years .Working as Data Analyst in TCS in India. Having Experience of leading team of 10 people for more than 2 years. A active member of corporate social responsibility(CSR) and the active member of toastmaster club and other club that are working for NGOs that mainly deal with student education locally. There is regular interaction with client and management people from company and outside but no international exposure yet.
GMAT- Giving in FEB end(First attempt)

Certification credential - I am Charter Financial analyst(CFA) Level 3 Candidate.
National Institute of Securities Markets (NISM) Certified in Derivative and Market
Certified in Financial Modelling.

Courses for MBA- Finance


Please let me know the expected GMAT score also that i should aim for.

any input would be greatly appreciated

Thanks and Regards


Hi Aman1012,

Aim for a 700+. While the rest of your profile is good, your professional background (TCS) will make you less competitive, and require a decent GMAT score (+ of course a strong app later). Your work in data analysis helps, though, and will help you stand out. As of now, focus on the GMAT, and try and take it by the June-July timeframe, to leave enough time for the app (the R1 deadline this year is expected to be on Sep 15)
_________________
GyanOne [www.gyanone.com]| Premium MBA and MiM Admissions Consulting

Awesome Work | Honest Advise | Outstanding Results

Reach Out, Lets chat!
Email: info at gyanone dot com | +91 98998 31738 | Skype: gyanone.services
SVP
SVP
User avatar
P
Status: Top MBA Admissions Consultant
Joined: 24 Jul 2011
Posts: 2029
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V48
GRE 1: Q800 V740
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Feb 2020, 19:54
Top Contributor
Sahil856 wrote:
Hi,

Please evaluate my profile for ISB's YLP programme:

Age: 21 yr

GMAT Score: 710 [Q:49 ; V:38 ; I.R.:8 ; AWA:5]

Educational Qualifications:

Graduation: Final year of B.A(Hons) Business Economics from University of Delhi (Percentage: 62%)
H.S.C: secured 82.4% from The New Horizon school
S.S.C: secured 76% from Army school, Bengdubi

Work Experience:
Nil

Extra-Curricular:
1.Founder and CEO of KIRA India Esports (currently under incubation phase for angel round) (bootstrapping)
2. Gold medallist of Army golf cup, Jaipur
3. Digital Marketing certification from Google
4. Basic to master in SPSS AMOS from Udemy certification
5. Volunteered for Rainbow Public Welfare Society at Jammu, J&K (an NGO) and taught at Blind School, Served at Old Age homes for 1 year.
6. Contract and Audit Intern at the Ministry of Defense, Govt. of India.
7. Marketing Intern at Ceilings & Co. , Gurgaon
8. My Captain's Entrepreneurship Certification

Good with Statistics, Econometrics and Time Series analysis.


Research Projects (not published) :

1. Influence of Gold Price on various economic indicators (Regression analysis using SPSS)
2. Influence of BSE SENSEX on possible variables (Time Series analysis using Eviews)


Hi Sahil856

While you have some good experiences, and a decent GMAT score, your GPA is slightly low, and this will be a factor. The GMAT score is not a factor in the first stage of the YLP program. In this stage, focus on your app and ensure you submit a solid one - that should give you a chance.
_________________
GyanOne [www.gyanone.com]| Premium MBA and MiM Admissions Consulting

Awesome Work | Honest Advise | Outstanding Results

Reach Out, Lets chat!
Email: info at gyanone dot com | +91 98998 31738 | Skype: gyanone.services
SVP
SVP
User avatar
P
Status: Top MBA Admissions Consultant
Joined: 24 Jul 2011
Posts: 2029
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V48
GRE 1: Q800 V740
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Feb 2020, 19:57
Top Contributor
antartican wrote:
Hi,
Could someone please evaluate my profile for ISB.
Gender and Age: M,31
Acads : 10th and 12th - 80% and 75%
BTech - 67% from Jaypee Noida in 2011
GMAT- 680
Work experience: 8.5 years
With Leading IT service company.
Working as Software Quality Lead In Investment Banking domain leading large and complex Trading platform for multiple financial product.
Have lead teams with size 4-5 people.
International experience of 5 years in Singapore and London and still in London.

Reason for MBA:
Looking to move into Leadership roles in IT service based or product based company.
I have gained good experience and knowledge on Banks and its IT systems.
Working with various stakeholders, i have gained both bottom-up and top-down view of software development and its implication in a major bank and corporate. I feel that I am now better placed to lead large projects, client and teams in a more effective way.
Please let me know in case of more queries.

Thanks in advance for the help.
Posted from my mobile device


Hi antartican

Some great points there, including the international experience parts. However, given the fact that you would now be applying only after a few months, would encourage you to raise your GMAT score by 20+ points. As an IT applicant with average academics, and on the higher side of work-ex, you will need a stronger GMAT, and you do have the time to prepare and achieve that score at the moment.
_________________
GyanOne [www.gyanone.com]| Premium MBA and MiM Admissions Consulting

Awesome Work | Honest Advise | Outstanding Results

Reach Out, Lets chat!
Email: info at gyanone dot com | +91 98998 31738 | Skype: gyanone.services
Experts' Global Representative
User avatar
S
Joined: 18 Apr 2017
Posts: 310
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Feb 2020, 03:54
Sahil856 wrote:
Hi,

Please evaluate my profile for ISB's YLP programme:

Age: 21 yr

GMAT Score: 710 [Q:49 ; V:38 ; I.R.:8 ; AWA:5]

Educational Qualifications:

Graduation: Final year of B.A(Hons) Business Economics from University of Delhi (Percentage: 62%)
H.S.C: secured 82.4% from The New Horizon school
S.S.C: secured 76% from Army school, Bengdubi

Work Experience:
Nil

Extra-Curricular:
1.Founder and CEO of KIRA India Esports (currently under incubation phase for angel round) (bootstrapping)
2. Gold medallist of Army golf cup, Jaipur
3. Digital Marketing certification from Google
4. Basic to master in SPSS AMOS from Udemy certification
5. Volunteered for Rainbow Public Welfare Society at Jammu, J&K (an NGO) and taught at Blind School, Served at Old Age homes for 1 year.
6. Contract and Audit Intern at the Ministry of Defense, Govt. of India.
7. Marketing Intern at Ceilings & Co. , Gurgaon
8. My Captain's Entrepreneurship Certification

Good with Statistics, Econometrics and Time Series analysis.


Research Projects (not published) :

1. Influence of Gold Price on various economic indicators (Regression analysis using SPSS)
2. Influence of BSE SENSEX on possible variables (Time Series analysis using Eviews)


Hi Sahil856,

Thanks for your query.

There is a fair bit of diversity in your profile and you must focus on presenting the same in an organized way; the essays, therefore, will be key. Regarding your low GPA, if it was a function of the fact that BA (Hons) programs are generally low scoring in some universities, please be sure to highlight the same in an appropriate manner (focus on your stand in class).

All the best!
_________________
Experts' Global
Students from 20+ nationalities
Every 10th Indian in US top 50 is our student!
$ 2Mn+ Scholarship Each Year Since 2010!
GMAT Prep | MBA Admissions Consulting | MBA Interview Preparation
Experts' Global Representative
User avatar
S
Joined: 18 Apr 2017
Posts: 310
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Feb 2020, 04:14
antartican wrote:
Hi,
Could someone please evaluate my profile for ISB.
Gender and Age: M,31
Acads : 10th and 12th - 80% and 75%
BTech - 67% from Jaypee Noida in 2011
GMAT- 680
Work experience: 8.5 years
With Leading IT service company.
Working as Software Quality Lead In Investment Banking domain leading large and complex Trading platform for multiple financial product.
Have lead teams with size 4-5 people.
International experience of 5 years in Singapore and London and still in London.

Reason for MBA:
Looking to move into Leadership roles in IT service based or product based company.
I have gained good experience and knowledge on Banks and its IT systems.
Working with various stakeholders, i have gained both bottom-up and top-down view of software development and its implication in a major bank and corporate. I feel that I am now better placed to lead large projects, client and teams in a more effective way.
Please let me know in case of more queries.

Thanks in advance for the help.
Posted from my mobile device


Hello antartican,

Apologies for the delayed response but we hope this finds you in time still.

The international exposure and the leadership experience sound very impressive and will definitely help you put forth a strong case. Having said this, we do feel that you should retake the GMAT and boost your score by at least 20-30 points (especially, considering you have a fair bit of time before the application deadline for the next intake). Considering you belong to the over-represented pool of applicants with an IT background, a spike in this aspect will truly be of value.

Once you are through with the GMAT retake, focus on the essays and be sure to put forth a set that is truly representative of your strengths.

Hope this helps.

All the best!
_________________
Experts' Global
Students from 20+ nationalities
Every 10th Indian in US top 50 is our student!
$ 2Mn+ Scholarship Each Year Since 2010!
GMAT Prep | MBA Admissions Consulting | MBA Interview Preparation
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 05 Feb 2020
Posts: 1
Location: India
Schools: ISB '21
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Feb 2020, 04:59
Hello,

Can anyone please evaluate my profile?

Gender Male with 24 Years

Completed my degree (Bachelors of Commerce) in 2016 with 83%
12th with 87.9%
10th with 79.9%

Booked GMAT slot in July month.

Have 3.2years (till date) work experience in Big 4 in the Payroll(onboarding) service area as an Associate.

Extracurricular activities:
1) Practicing Kalari as of now in sub-junior level would be junior by the month of June.
2) Taking class self-defense and warmup class in govt school.
3) Various certificates from NISM and NCFM.
4) IBM Data science professional certificate from Coursera.

Reasons for MBA:
1) I wanted to go shift career from Payroll to Investments.
ISB School Moderator
User avatar
P
Joined: 08 Dec 2013
Posts: 763
Location: India
Concentration: Nonprofit, Sustainability
Schools: ISB
GMAT 1: 630 Q47 V30
WE: Operations (Non-Profit and Government)
Reviews Badge
ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Feb 2020, 07:30
Hello Aman1012, welcome to the club. Given your profile, please aim for 710+. 710 is the average GMAT score for ISB; given the cut-throat competition it's very difficult to boil down to one number- more the merrier. I wish you all the best.

Aman1012 wrote:

Please let me know the expected GMAT score also that i should aim for.

any input would be greatly appreciated

Thanks and Regards


Dears,

I'd also like you all try out the GMAT Club in-house, automated profile evaluation tool! Let me know your view on this...

SVP
SVP
User avatar
D
Joined: 16 Jan 2012
Posts: 1927
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Feb 2020, 07:35
Skanfa wrote:
Hello,

Can anyone please evaluate my profile?

Gender Male with 24 Years

Completed my degree (Bachelors of Commerce) in 2016 with 83%
12th with 87.9%
10th with 79.9%

Booked GMAT slot in July month.

Have 3.2years (till date) work experience in Big 4 in the Payroll(onboarding) service area as an Associate.

Extracurricular activities:
1) Practicing Kalari as of now in sub-junior level would be junior by the month of June.
2) Taking class self-defense and warmup class in govt school.
3) Various certificates from NISM and NCFM.
4) IBM Data science professional certificate from Coursera.

Reasons for MBA:
1) I wanted to go shift career from Payroll to Investments.


Hi Skanfa,

We'd need to know a LOT more about your work experience- how competitive is our role? do you work with clients to provide them with solutions? What are your key achievements at work?
The professional details form the larger component of your application as well as of the evaluation criteria, so due importance must be given to those when explaining your profile.
_________________
Namita Garg,
http://www.mbadecoder.com
Contact us at: contact@mbadecoder.com

Ask us for ASSESSING YOUR MBA CHANCES

Invested In Your Success
Experts' Global Representative
User avatar
S
Joined: 18 Apr 2017
Posts: 310
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Feb 2020, 02:28
Skanfa wrote:
Hello,

Can anyone please evaluate my profile?

Gender Male with 24 Years

Completed my degree (Bachelors of Commerce) in 2016 with 83%
12th with 87.9%
10th with 79.9%

Booked GMAT slot in July month.

Have 3.2years (till date) work experience in Big 4 in the Payroll(onboarding) service area as an Associate.

Extracurricular activities:
1) Practicing Kalari as of now in sub-junior level would be junior by the month of June.
2) Taking class self-defense and warmup class in govt school.
3) Various certificates from NISM and NCFM.
4) IBM Data science professional certificate from Coursera.

Reasons for MBA:
1) I wanted to go shift career from Payroll to Investments.


Hi Skanfa,

Thanks for writing in.

Unfortunately, the details pertaining to your core professional experience are very thin; resultantly, we are not in a position to evaluate your profile.

Having said the above, it is good that you are focusing on a range of activities alongside your professional career; in the next few months, while you concentrate on your GMAT prep, please also focus on building your profile keeping in mind the "leadership angle".

All the best!
_________________
Experts' Global
Students from 20+ nationalities
Every 10th Indian in US top 50 is our student!
$ 2Mn+ Scholarship Each Year Since 2010!
GMAT Prep | MBA Admissions Consulting | MBA Interview Preparation
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 09 Jul 2019
Posts: 4
ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Feb 2020, 10:12
Hi everyone

Requesting profile review

13years of work exp in retail branch banking
9 years in leadership role
GMAT yet to attempt
10th 73%
12th 89%
Graduation 66%
Btech (mechanical engineering)

What would be ideal score and is my profile suitable for ISB?

Posted from my mobile device
Experts' Global Representative
User avatar
S
Joined: 18 Apr 2017
Posts: 310
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Feb 2020, 17:59
1
Ushabagadi wrote:
Hi everyone

Requesting profile review

13years of work exp in retail branch banking
9 years in leadership role
GMAT yet to attempt
10th 73%
12th 89%
Graduation 66%
Btech (mechanical engineering)

What would be ideal score and is my profile suitable for ISB?

Posted from my mobile device


Hello Ushabagadi,

Thanks for sharing your details.

The extensive leadership experience is definitely going to be a plus; however, you have not shared any major details regarding your professional responsibilities and achievements for us to provide you with a detailed evaluation.

Nonetheless, to answer your question - there is no ideal score; your work experience is definitely on the higher side for ISB and with your profile not particularly being a differentiated one, things may get a bit challenging; hence, you will not only need to showcase a spike in your GMAT score but also attempt to bring out your need for the PGP (at this time in your career) through your essays (that you will also need to highlight your diversity factor and contributions on different fronts go without saying).

Aim for a score upwards of 730 and once GMAT is out of the way, focus on putting forth a stellar application.

All the best!
_________________
Experts' Global
Students from 20+ nationalities
Every 10th Indian in US top 50 is our student!
$ 2Mn+ Scholarship Each Year Since 2010!
GMAT Prep | MBA Admissions Consulting | MBA Interview Preparation
Manager
Manager
User avatar
S
Joined: 26 May 2016
Posts: 140
Schools: ISB (A)
ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Feb 2020, 19:57
1
Ushabagadi wrote:
Hi everyone

Requesting profile review

13years of work exp in retail branch banking
9 years in leadership role
GMAT yet to attempt
10th 73%
12th 89%
Graduation 66%
Btech (mechanical engineering)

What would be ideal score and is my profile suitable for ISB?

Posted from my mobile device


Hi Ushabagadi

Let's evaluate your profile, the way ISB would, across the "three Es":

1. Education: Decent scores. Nothing outstanding here (e.g. IIT / NIT, top scores, etc.)

2. Experience: Above average experience, you will be a "senior executive" in ISB language (8+ years of experience). This will be your strong point, especially with 9 years in leadership roles, as ISB lays emphasis on leadership experience. Ensure that you highlight it well in your application. Also, as not many bankers apply to ISB (the candidate pool is dominated by tech professionals), you should be able to get an edge for your experience.

3. Extra-curriculars: This is important since ISB focuses on the overall personality and not just on academics and experience. Since you haven't mentioned this, we would not be able to comment. Would be great if you could share details in this area.

Look forward to your response so that we may be able to evaluate your profile comprehensively.

For the ideal GMAT score, anything between 650 and 700 should be fine since you have a lot of experience and come from a "diversity" background. For a detailed answer on the GMAT score, you may like to read our blog post here:

http://strategy4gmat.com/blog_descripti ... ?blogid=21

Regards,
Team S4G
E: info@strategy4gmat.com
Ph: +91 8008553552 | +91 7087234600

http://www.strategy4gmat.com
S4G: An ISB alumni venture to help you get into your dream B-school
_________________
Regards,
Team S4G

http://strategy4gmat.com/

E: info@strategy4gmat.com | Ph: +91 8008553552, +91 7087234600

Not just GMAT, complete MBA admissions mentoring
Intern
Intern
User avatar
B
Joined: 14 Jan 2018
Posts: 41
Location: India
GMAT 1: 610 Q49 V24
GMAT 2: 640 Q49 V29
GMAT 3: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.2
WE: Information Technology (Consulting)
ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Feb 2020, 03:12
Hi All,

Could you please evaluate my profile ISB PGP application in the coming year.

Xth grade: 95% ICSE
XIIth grade : 75% State board

B.E. IT(Mumbai University): 7.26 CGPA

GMAT: 710(Q49 V38)

Work experience: 4.5 years (IT Consulting in Oracle) by the time I join ISB
- Worked for 1.5 years onsite in Tokyo [Received Formal appreciation for the same]
- Worked short durations for Indian Onsites as well
- Informally leading a team

Extra-curricular and achievements
-Regional Mathematical Olympiad [2011]
-Technical head of College IT Council
-An active member of Toastmasters [ currently working on getting more involved]
-Internationally rated chess player [FIDE rating of 1500+]

Post MBA Goal : Product Manager in FinTech companies

Please also suggest whether I need to improve my GMAT score.

I would like to add that this profile is as a reapplicant.
I am trying to figure out what aspects of the profile can I improve.

Regards,
Rohit Subramanian
_________________
"All problems are illusions of the mind"
Manager
Manager
User avatar
S
Joined: 26 May 2016
Posts: 140
Schools: ISB (A)
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Feb 2020, 19:54
rohitsubr wrote:
Hi All,

Could you please evaluate my profile ISB PGP application in the coming year.

Xth grade: 95% ICSE
XIIth grade : 75% State board

B.E. IT(Mumbai University): 7.26 CGPA

GMAT: 710(Q49 V38)

Work experience: 4.5 years (IT Consulting in Oracle) by the time I join ISB
- Worked for 1.5 years onsite in Tokyo [Received Formal appreciation for the same]
- Worked short durations for Indian Onsites as well
- Informally leading a team

Extra-curricular and achievements
-Regional Mathematical Olympiad [2011]
-Technical head of College IT Council
-An active member of Toastmasters [ currently working on getting more involved]
-Internationally rated chess player [FIDE rating of 1500+]

Post MBA Goal : Product Manager in FinTech companies

Please also suggest whether I need to improve my GMAT score.

I would like to add that this profile is as a reapplicant.
I am trying to figure out what aspects of the profile can I improve.

Regards,
Rohit Subramanian


Hi Rohit

Let us evaluate your profile across the "three Es":

- Education: Decent performance but nothing outstanding (considering the ISB applicant pool).
- Experience: While you come from the over-represented "Indian IT Male" pool, you can still differentiate yourself through your 1.5 years of International experience. Make sure you highlight the learning from this experience in your essays.
- Extra curriculars: This is a good "mixed bag". Ensure that you focus on achievements here and not just participation. Your credentials in chess can be an added advantage.

710 is just above par for ISB. Hence, no need to retake the GMAT. Rather, focus your energy on improving your profile, i.e. getting more involved in work - leading projects, wherever possible and also doing more on the extra curricular front (in the areas you already mentioned).

As a re-applicant, ensure that you have "high impact" essays and also clearly call out how your candidature has improved since the last application. Work on these points to present a compelling application.

Regards,
Team S4G
E: info@strategy4gmat.com
Ph: +91 8008553552 | +91 7087234600
_________________
Regards,
Team S4G

http://strategy4gmat.com/

E: info@strategy4gmat.com | Ph: +91 8008553552, +91 7087234600

Not just GMAT, complete MBA admissions mentoring
Experts' Global Representative
User avatar
S
Joined: 18 Apr 2017
Posts: 310
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Feb 2020, 21:30
rohitsubr wrote:
Hi All,

Could you please evaluate my profile ISB PGP application in the coming year.

Xth grade: 95% ICSE
XIIth grade : 75% State board

B.E. IT(Mumbai University): 7.26 CGPA

GMAT: 710(Q49 V38)

Work experience: 4.5 years (IT Consulting in Oracle) by the time I join ISB
- Worked for 1.5 years onsite in Tokyo [Received Formal appreciation for the same]
- Worked short durations for Indian Onsites as well
- Informally leading a team

Extra-curricular and achievements
-Regional Mathematical Olympiad [2011]
-Technical head of College IT Council
-An active member of Toastmasters [ currently working on getting more involved]
-Internationally rated chess player [FIDE rating of 1500+]

Post MBA Goal : Product Manager in FinTech companies

Please also suggest whether I need to improve my GMAT score.

I would like to add that this profile is as a reapplicant.
I am trying to figure out what aspects of the profile can I improve.

Regards,
Rohit Subramanian


Hello rohitsubr,

Thanks for writing in.

While your work experience and GMAT score are pretty average, the international experience will help differentiate your case. Therefore, please make a conscious attempt to highlight the same along with your informal leadership experience.

To improve your profile, you must continue to perform in your current role, look out for extra-curricular opportunities (not just from the volunteering perspective) to improve your exposure to leadership opportunities; moreover, at work, try and volunteer for additional responsibilities. To add to this, you do have a fair bit of time before the application deadline for the next cycle; hence, you may even think of giving GMAT one more shot; it will help add another talking point to your reapplicant essay.

Just curious about the Fintech bit - do you currently work in the Fintech domain? If not, then you may need to modify your career goals.

Should you have any follow-up questions, please feel free to let us know.

Good luck!
_________________
Experts' Global
Students from 20+ nationalities
Every 10th Indian in US top 50 is our student!
$ 2Mn+ Scholarship Each Year Since 2010!
GMAT Prep | MBA Admissions Consulting | MBA Interview Preparation
GMAT Club Bot
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!   [#permalink] 24 Feb 2020, 21:30

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  161   162   163   164   165   166   167    Next  [ 3321 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!

  new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: warriorguy, LeoN88






Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne