It is currently 20 Aug 2017, 04:35

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 01 Oct 2016
Posts: 8

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Location: India
Concentration: Leadership
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V41
GPA: 3.54
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Oct 2016, 05:29
Profile evaluation for ISB Round 1 this year

Work ex
1. 38 months at education sector social enterprise - affordable exam prep for students in rural towns. Funded by recognizable names.
My role - managing 35 teachers, scaling operations 3X, delivering student results.
Currently in a strategy role exploring growth through external partnerships.

2. 7 months at FMCG(HUL/PnG/ITC)

Education
Dual degree - B.Tech & M.Tech from old IIT - 8.9/10.0
GMAT 760

EC's
Mentor in college(awarded too)
Ran 7 marathons

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
User avatar
Status: About to write GMAT
Joined: 10 Mar 2015
Posts: 42

Kudos [?]: 24 [0], given: 41

Location: India
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.9
WE: Web Development (Computer Software)
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Oct 2016, 06:17
Hello,

Please evaluate my profile:
Xth:92%
XIIth: 77%
B.Tech in Electrical Engineering: 82%

Software engineering with client delivery, in an MNC for US clients: 2 years
Freelance consulting for web applications: 4 months.

GMAT: 700

Kudos [?]: 24 [0], given: 41

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 01 Oct 2015
Posts: 8

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

Location: India
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 690 Q50 V34
WE: Sales (Retail Banking)
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Oct 2016, 06:58
Hi

I took my third attempt at GMAT today.

I scored a 650 in both the previous attempts and a 690 (Q 50 V 33) today.

I am a 26 years old qualified Chartered Accountant with work experience of 4.5 years in Manager capacity post qualification.

Class 10th - CBSE - 85.2%
Class 12th - CBSE - 92.5%
Graduation - Bachelors in Commerce (Finance) - CU with CGPA of 7.7.

Request if someone can guide me with list of Business schools which I should target.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Ruchika

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

Top Contributor
VP
VP
User avatar
S
Status: Top MBA Admissions Consultant
Joined: 24 Jul 2011
Posts: 1326

Kudos [?]: 625 [0], given: 20

GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V48
GRE 1: 1540 Q800 V740
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Oct 2016, 07:20
Top Contributor
ruchi23 wrote:
Hi

I took my third attempt at GMAT today.

I scored a 650 in both the previous attempts and a 690 (Q 50 V 33) today.

I am a 26 years old qualified Chartered Accountant with work experience of 4.5 years in Manager capacity post qualification.

Class 10th - CBSE - 85.2%
Class 12th - CBSE - 92.5%
Graduation - Bachelors in Commerce (Finance) - CU with CGPA of 7.7.

Request if someone can guide me with list of Business schools which I should target.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Ruchika


ISB and IIMB should certainly be on your list. XLRI, SPJ, IIMC may be possibilities depending on your work ex by next year when these begin.
_________________

GyanOne | Top MBA Rankings and MBA Admissions Blog

Top MBA Admissions Consulting | Top MiM Admissions Consulting

Premium MBA Essay Review|Best MBA Interview Preparation|Exclusive GMAT coaching

Get a FREE Detailed MBA Profile Evaluation | Call us now +91 98998 31738

Kudos [?]: 625 [0], given: 20

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 01 Oct 2015
Posts: 8

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

Location: India
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 690 Q50 V34
WE: Sales (Retail Banking)
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Oct 2016, 07:32
GyanOne wrote:
ruchi23 wrote:
Hi

I took my third attempt at GMAT today.

I scored a 650 in both the previous attempts and a 690 (Q 50 V 33) today.

I am a 26 years old qualified Chartered Accountant with work experience of 4.5 years in Manager capacity post qualification.

Class 10th - CBSE - 85.2%
Class 12th - CBSE - 92.5%
Graduation - Bachelors in Commerce (Finance) - CU with CGPA of 7.7.

Request if someone can guide me with list of Business schools which I should target.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Ruchika


ISB and IIMB should certainly be on your list. XLRI, SPJ, IIMC may be possibilities depending on your work ex by next year when these begin.


Thanks for the early revert GyanOne. Can you also suggest non - Indian B Schools ? I am not restricting myself to Indian B Schools.

Also, request if you can tell me how strong is the profile or if there is any concern w.r.t. application to ISB ?

Thanks & Regards

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 10 Aug 2016
Posts: 14

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Oct 2016, 06:43
Please evaluate my profile. I am very interested in doing MS, or MBA, in finance from some good asian university. Also, can you please suggest me some schools?

My GMAT score is 640 (Q50, V26, IR6). I have also taken GMAT last year. My score was: 620 (Q49, V26, IR:5). I am in no mood in taking another GMAT :p . Got some other engagements as well.


Work Experience:
----------------

Regular Check Up Polyclinic (2013-Present)
------------------------------------------------------
Description: I started a polyclinic, currently 3 clinics. We provide passive health-care services, such as dental, ayurved, and cardio.
Designation: Proprietor, Founder
Role: Founder , Entrepreneur- administrative and management , Marketing

NJ Solar Infra (P) Ltd. (2014-Present)
------------------------------------------------------
Description: We consult our clients on solar project.
Our consultancy services include: developing of financial models-using excel, calculating depreciation and carrying out techno-economic viability
Working with another solar consultants to raise funds for small rooftop projects based on net metering
Designation: Director, Co-Founder
Role: Co-Founder, Entrepreneur, Consultant, Marketing: B2B & B2C

BU Group (Jun-Aug, 2012)
------------------------------------------------------
Description: Focus on NDT testing
Designation: Intern
Role: Assisted company CEO (IITR Alumni)
Assisted the marketing team to carry out seminars in different companies and colleges for business development

WILLmed, Columbus, USA (May-Jul, 2010)
------------------------------------------------------
Description: tech startup, focusing on non invasive glucose-meter
Designation: Intern
Role: Conducted competitive analysis with application of strategic and management tools
Analyzed medical data using MATLAB
*On tourist visa
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Education:
----------

Graduation College: Indian Institute of Technology, (IIT) Ropar
Major: Electrical Engineering
GPA: 7.55
Year: 2009-13

XII: 79.6% (2008-09)
X: 86.4% (2006-07)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Academic Achievements:
----------------------

2016 Course: EDP on solar energy, under Ministry of Small and Medium Enterprises Certificate of Completion
2011 IIT Sem: 4 EE204: Signals and Systems Course rank # 1, Grade A
2010 IIT Sem: 2 MA102: Mathematics: Calculus 3D, Matrices, Space top 10 students among 800, Grade: A+
2010 IIT Sem: 2 Environmental Studies top 20% among 800, Grade: A
2009 IIT Sem: 1 PH101: Physics top 20% among 800, Grade: A
2009 IIT Sem: 1 MA101 Mathematics: Calculus 2D, Matrices top 20% among 800, Grade: A
2009 IIT Sem: 1 EC101A: C++ programming top 20% among 800, Grade: A
2009 Engineering Entrance Exam Results:
Category- GENERAL
IIT JEE: top 1% among 400,000 applicants
AIEEE: top 0.5% among 1,000,000 applicants
UPTU: top 0.1% among 250,000 applicants
2008 Senior Secondary Class Rank-1, IX
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Projects:
---------
Year Place Topic
2012-13 IIT To develop different market models for trading RECs in India
2012 IIT Valuation of Options, using Black Schole Method
2011 IIT Analysis on Modeling and Simulink of DC Motor and its Driving System Used for Wheeled Mobile Robot, using MATLAB
2011 IIT Valuation of Ford Share Price using Kalman Filter
2011 IIT Developed shoes that charge mobile phone using piezeo-elctric material, awarded: 2nd among 12 teams, certificate of honor & Trophy
2010 IIT Developed mobile appication: encrypting messages
2010 IIT Developed Solar Mailbox
2008 Class XII Recycling of Aluminium slab
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Social Services:
----------------
Participation in Anti Child Labor Rally and Global Warming
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Extra Curricular Activities / Skills / Achievements
---------------------------------------------------
Tennis
2011: IIT Kanpur- Sports fest - Certificate of Participation
2010: Inter IIT meet - Certificate of Participation
2004: Saifco Tennis Tournament - Certificate of Participation

Collage Magazine, IIT
Member, Editorial Team - Magazine Copy

Drama
2004 School Drama - Delhi Public School - Certificate of Participation

Debate/GD/ Speeches
2007-09 - Reference Letter

Vocab Competition
Mother Dairy Spell Vocab Challenger, Reached round-2 - Certificate of Participation

Science Competition
Young Scientist Talent Search Exam, under category-A - Certificate of Participation

Art Competition
1998 Class-2 - Certificate of Participation
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Post MBA/MS plans:
---------------------------
short term: work in private equity
long term: start my private equity funds in India, focusing mostly on small companies that are still working on old management techniques.

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 15 Jun 2014
Posts: 21

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 1

Location: India
Schools: XLRI GM"18 (M)
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V34
GPA: 3.83
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Oct 2016, 04:00
GyanOne wrote:
gaurav2187 wrote:
Hello everybody,

My profile as follows

10th- 92 %
12th- 88%

B.Tech- CGPA 5.9/10 (Mumbai university)

Work ex- 6 years with a leading manufacturing company split into

1 yr- Quality assurance- Won an award on national level for my project
3 yrs- Logistics, production planning
2 yrs (Present function)- Commercial counterpart for R&D projects which includes product costing, project budgeting, cost
controlling etc.

International exp- Well, being in manufacturing setup, on-site work is absent. However, in my current function, I work primarily with international colleagues, I am not very sure whether this can be counted as international exp.


Extra currics- Pretty ordinary-

Request the seniors to comment on my profile standing a chance for ISB, IIM B, IIM C, IIM L (Yet to write GMAT, please advise assuming decent score)


Hi Gaurav

- While your professional experience is quite strong, your acads are not great (though we understand this is MU, but still). You would need a strong GMAT score (700+) here. For ISB, IIMB, and IIMC. For IIML, you could get by with less, but you should be aiming for as close to 700 (or above) as possible.
- Working with international colleagues will still count as international exposure. That may not be the same as international experience (working abroad) but it will still hold some value.
- Manufacturing experience is highly valued, and you have worked across functions, so you will be a strong contender with a decent app and a good GMAT score.

Hope this helps. Feel free to come back with further questions as needed.


An update..

Done with GMAT...could not cross 700 mark..ended up at 660.
With the kind of work schedule, i don't think i can put in extra effort and take GMAT retake within this admission window...

So with the available score and the profile described above..which institutes should i target within India

P.S. Even though I have not given a thought of an international MBA, i would appreciate if experts suggest a good international program i should apply ( Considering my score and profile)

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 1

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 04 Jun 2015
Posts: 1

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Oct 2016, 02:41
Hello..

GMAT Score: 700 (Q49, V37)
10th: 90
12th: 83
Work Ex: 4.5 yrs in MNC Technology field.
What are my chances of getting into ISB in second round..?
Or should consider retaking the GMAT?

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 16 Oct 2016
Posts: 2

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Oct 2016, 00:48
Hi,

It'd be great if someone could evaluate my profile.

- X standard (2008 - CBSE Board) 87% (Best of four 92%)

- XII standard (2010 - CBSE Board) 72% (Best of four 77%)

- Bachelor of Fashion Technology (2010-14 - NIFT) CGPA: 8.08

- GMAT 690 (Q48, V34) IR 5, AWA 5

Positions of Responsibility

1. Secretary - Literature Club

a. Deepened the presence of the club by organizing Movie Screenings and Book Readings and review sessions.
b. Organised ‘hindi pakhwada’-2013


2. Class Representative

Achievements

Top 0.01% scorer in English CBSE 10th Board Exams
Won several Debates and Oratorical Competitions at Inter-NIFT level.

Others

Helmed the Design Team, Marketing team and Core Committee of College Fests consecutively for two years

Employment History:

(June 2014 - June 2015)

Technical Correspondent at Apparel Resources (Magazines: Apparel Online India, Apparel Online Bangladesh, StitchWorld)

(June 2015 - June 2016)

Sr Technical Correspondent at Apparel Resources (Magazines: Apparel Online India, Apparel Online Bangladesh, Apparel Online Vietnam, StitchWorld)

(September 2016 - present)
Senior Merchant at Pearl Global Industries Limited (PGIL) Accounts held: Inditex (Zara & Lefties)

Projects Undertaken:

1. ISO Certification project for the latest plant of PGIL

2. Rolling out the corporate newsletter for the group

3. Driving the RFID installation project at the plant

4. Market Research for rolling out Apparel Online Vietnam

Hobbies & Interests

Reading Objectivist Fiction
Typography and Graphic Design

Best,
Anchal

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Top Contributor
VP
VP
User avatar
S
Status: Top MBA Admissions Consultant
Joined: 24 Jul 2011
Posts: 1326

Kudos [?]: 625 [0], given: 20

GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V48
GRE 1: 1540 Q800 V740
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Oct 2016, 05:16
Top Contributor
anchalrai1 wrote:
Hi,

It'd be great if someone could evaluate my profile.

- X standard (2008 - CBSE Board) 87% (Best of four 92%)

- XII standard (2010 - CBSE Board) 72% (Best of four 77%)

- Bachelor of Fashion Technology (2010-14 - NIFT) CGPA: 8.08

- GMAT 690 (Q48, V34) IR 5, AWA 5

Positions of Responsibility

1. Secretary - Literature Club

a. Deepened the presence of the club by organizing Movie Screenings and Book Readings and review sessions.
b. Organised ‘hindi pakhwada’-2013


2. Class Representative

Achievements

Top 0.01% scorer in English CBSE 10th Board Exams
Won several Debates and Oratorical Competitions at Inter-NIFT level.

Others

Helmed the Design Team, Marketing team and Core Committee of College Fests consecutively for two years

Employment History:

(June 2014 - June 2015)

Technical Correspondent at Apparel Resources (Magazines: Apparel Online India, Apparel Online Bangladesh, StitchWorld)

(June 2015 - June 2016)

Sr Technical Correspondent at Apparel Resources (Magazines: Apparel Online India, Apparel Online Bangladesh, Apparel Online Vietnam, StitchWorld)

(September 2016 - present)
Senior Merchant at Pearl Global Industries Limited (PGIL) Accounts held: Inditex (Zara & Lefties)

Projects Undertaken:

1. ISO Certification project for the latest plant of PGIL

2. Rolling out the corporate newsletter for the group

3. Driving the RFID installation project at the plant

4. Market Research for rolling out Apparel Online Vietnam

Hobbies & Interests

Reading Objectivist Fiction
Typography and Graphic Design

Best,
Anchal


Hi Anchal

Here is a quick assessment:

- Your academics and GMAT score, though not the highest, are fine and should be sufficient. ECA is fine as well.
- In terms of work experience, there is a significant recent change in your profile, and you should be able to explain that with respect to the need for an MBA and your overall goals
- You do bring in differentiation both with respect to your experience and your education, and that will help your application
- At this point, focus on expressing your goals and fit with an MBA clearly. That is going to be the critical part of your app.

Hope this helps. Feel free to come back with more queries as needed.
_________________

GyanOne | Top MBA Rankings and MBA Admissions Blog

Top MBA Admissions Consulting | Top MiM Admissions Consulting

Premium MBA Essay Review|Best MBA Interview Preparation|Exclusive GMAT coaching

Get a FREE Detailed MBA Profile Evaluation | Call us now +91 98998 31738

Kudos [?]: 625 [0], given: 20

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 19 Mar 2016
Posts: 13

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 1

Location: India
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V32
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Oct 2016, 07:57
GMAT 680(Q49, V32, AWA4 and IR7)
B.Tech from NIT Rourkela, Mechanical Engineering 7.63/10
12th : State Board 58 percent
10th: CBSE 75 percent

Had a 2 yr gap between 12th and B Tech.
Currently working in a PSU(BHEL) for 5+ years in design and development of traction machines for railway application. Have also developed new machines for Oil Rig application and diesel power plants.
Previously worked for Tata Steel in maintenance of hydraulic equipment for mining application for 1.5 year.

Not so extraordinary in extracurricular activities.

Please evaluate my odds for ISB.

Haven't also ruled out retaking GMAT so please suggest a GMAT score to get an ISB admit in Round 2.

Please suggest other decent options in India within reach with the current GMAT score.

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 1

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 13 Jul 2016
Posts: 5

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Oct 2016, 05:06
I am 25 years old female with a work experience of 3. 6 years. I scored 630 in gmat. I started off with Mu Sigma(analytics) as a decision scientist. Now I am a Senior Analyst. I have 2 start ups of my own(late night food delivery and organic food delivery). I am a certified belly dancer and have done shows, learnt calligraphy, make handmade crafts for NGOs, have a foster kid since 2 years. I recently got interviewed by one of the websites which promotes female entrepreneurs and got an article published. I play basketball and squash. I will be going for Jagriti yatra this year which selects 450 people across India for a 2 week long train journey.

What are my chances to get into ISB and great Lakes? Shall I retake the exam again?

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Top Contributor
VP
VP
User avatar
S
Status: Top MBA Admissions Consultant
Joined: 24 Jul 2011
Posts: 1326

Kudos [?]: 625 [0], given: 20

GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V48
GRE 1: 1540 Q800 V740
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Nov 2016, 00:09
Top Contributor
ankitasahay14 wrote:
I am 25 years old female with a work experience of 3. 6 years. I scored 630 in gmat. I started off with Mu Sigma(analytics) as a decision scientist. Now I am a Senior Analyst. I have 2 start ups of my own(late night food delivery and organic food delivery). I am a certified belly dancer and have done shows, learnt calligraphy, make handmade crafts for NGOs, have a foster kid since 2 years. I recently got interviewed by one of the websites which promotes female entrepreneurs and got an article published. I play basketball and squash. I will be going for Jagriti yatra this year which selects 450 people across India for a 2 week long train journey.

What are my chances to get into ISB and great Lakes? Shall I retake the exam again?


Hi Ankita

- 630 would be a bit low for ISB. You should try and increase your score. For Great Lakes, even your current score may be sufficient.
- Other than that your profile is good and some pretty good leadership there. The Jagriti Yatra experience in particular is excellent.

Hope this helps. Feel free to come back with more queries as needed.
_________________

GyanOne | Top MBA Rankings and MBA Admissions Blog

Top MBA Admissions Consulting | Top MiM Admissions Consulting

Premium MBA Essay Review|Best MBA Interview Preparation|Exclusive GMAT coaching

Get a FREE Detailed MBA Profile Evaluation | Call us now +91 98998 31738

Kudos [?]: 625 [0], given: 20

Top Contributor
VP
VP
User avatar
S
Status: Top MBA Admissions Consultant
Joined: 24 Jul 2011
Posts: 1326

Kudos [?]: 625 [0], given: 20

GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V48
GRE 1: 1540 Q800 V740
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Nov 2016, 00:28
Top Contributor
gaurav2187 wrote:
GyanOne wrote:
gaurav2187 wrote:
Hello everybody,

My profile as follows

10th- 92 %
12th- 88%

B.Tech- CGPA 5.9/10 (Mumbai university)

Work ex- 6 years with a leading manufacturing company split into

1 yr- Quality assurance- Won an award on national level for my project
3 yrs- Logistics, production planning
2 yrs (Present function)- Commercial counterpart for R&D projects which includes product costing, project budgeting, cost
controlling etc.

International exp- Well, being in manufacturing setup, on-site work is absent. However, in my current function, I work primarily with international colleagues, I am not very sure whether this can be counted as international exp.


Extra currics- Pretty ordinary-

Request the seniors to comment on my profile standing a chance for ISB, IIM B, IIM C, IIM L (Yet to write GMAT, please advise assuming decent score)


Hi Gaurav

- While your professional experience is quite strong, your acads are not great (though we understand this is MU, but still). You would need a strong GMAT score (700+) here. For ISB, IIMB, and IIMC. For IIML, you could get by with less, but you should be aiming for as close to 700 (or above) as possible.
- Working with international colleagues will still count as international exposure. That may not be the same as international experience (working abroad) but it will still hold some value.
- Manufacturing experience is highly valued, and you have worked across functions, so you will be a strong contender with a decent app and a good GMAT score.

Hope this helps. Feel free to come back with further questions as needed.


An update..

Done with GMAT...could not cross 700 mark..ended up at 660.
With the kind of work schedule, i don't think i can put in extra effort and take GMAT retake within this admission window...

So with the available score and the profile described above..which institutes should i target within India

P.S. Even though I have not given a thought of an international MBA, i would appreciate if experts suggest a good international program i should apply ( Considering my score and profile)


Hi Gaurav

- Even with a 660, ISB still is a possibility
- The top IIMs (A, B, C) will be a bit tough with this score, but you could give IIMC PGPEX a shot
- The XLRI GMP and the SP Jain PGPM are other possibilities but the latter is now closed for further intake this year
_________________

GyanOne | Top MBA Rankings and MBA Admissions Blog

Top MBA Admissions Consulting | Top MiM Admissions Consulting

Premium MBA Essay Review|Best MBA Interview Preparation|Exclusive GMAT coaching

Get a FREE Detailed MBA Profile Evaluation | Call us now +91 98998 31738

Kudos [?]: 625 [0], given: 20

Top Contributor
VP
VP
User avatar
S
Status: Top MBA Admissions Consultant
Joined: 24 Jul 2011
Posts: 1326

Kudos [?]: 625 [0], given: 20

GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V48
GRE 1: 1540 Q800 V740
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Nov 2016, 00:32
Top Contributor
crackwithneeraj wrote:
GMAT 680(Q49, V32, AWA4 and IR7)
B.Tech from NIT Rourkela, Mechanical Engineering 7.63/10
12th : State Board 58 percent
10th: CBSE 75 percent

Had a 2 yr gap between 12th and B Tech.
Currently working in a PSU(BHEL) for 5+ years in design and development of traction machines for railway application. Have also developed new machines for Oil Rig application and diesel power plants.
Previously worked for Tata Steel in maintenance of hydraulic equipment for mining application for 1.5 year.

Not so extraordinary in extracurricular activities.

Please evaluate my odds for ISB.

Haven't also ruled out retaking GMAT so please suggest a GMAT score to get an ISB admit in Round 2.

Please suggest other decent options in India within reach with the current GMAT score.


Hi Neeraj

- A 680 may very well work out in your case, though if you plan to improve it please go ahead. Your PSU experience and project experience will be handy.
- The 2-year gap will need to be addressed in your app, though with 5+ years of experience, you should be ok on that front
- You may look at the IIMs (B,C), and the XLRI GMP as other options.

Hope this helps. Feel free to come back with more queries as needed. .
_________________

GyanOne | Top MBA Rankings and MBA Admissions Blog

Top MBA Admissions Consulting | Top MiM Admissions Consulting

Premium MBA Essay Review|Best MBA Interview Preparation|Exclusive GMAT coaching

Get a FREE Detailed MBA Profile Evaluation | Call us now +91 98998 31738

Kudos [?]: 625 [0], given: 20

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 18 Feb 2016
Posts: 7

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 3

Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Nov 2016, 02:29
Hi Guys,

Please evaluate my profile and let me know if I have any chance in ISB. Also, please suggest whether IIMA,IIMB,IIMC are feasible or not.

Indian
GMAT:670(Q50/V29)
Toefl:110
10th: 93%
12th:93%
GPA:8.89 out of 10(around 84%)-top 5 in class

WE:
Indian MNC
Technological analyst role for a very big US bank
Total experience: 6 years
International experience: 4 years and counting (US)

Role:
Started as a trainee and now I am the onsite module lead- managing 5 people.

Day to day task:
Requirement gathering,
change management,
release coordination,
attend the ongoing strategic calls with senior business leadership(client side) and provide input - i.e- enhancement;risk;compliance etc
new hire management and formulating knowledge transition plan
In short, I am an SME for one of the application suite that is used in a line of business

Leadership:
Managing 5 people in onsite
4 promotions
small freelance web development company(sole employee)

EC & Achievement
Received Highest appraisal rating since last 2 years
Multiple awards from company(x4)
Multiple awards from client(x3)
ITIL certified
Java and python certified(technical)
minor volunteer experience in the US (however for a well-known volunteer group)
contributor to open source java projects (mainly for free health care software that NGO/poor countries use)

Goal:
Move to product management/project management role -preferably in consulting or financial tech or big tech(product based) sector.

Why India:
Want to build next phase of my professional career in India

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 3

Top Contributor
1 KUDOS received
VP
VP
User avatar
S
Status: Top MBA Admissions Consultant
Joined: 24 Jul 2011
Posts: 1326

Kudos [?]: 625 [1] , given: 20

GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V48
GRE 1: 1540 Q800 V740
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Nov 2016, 02:52
1
This post received
KUDOS
Top Contributor
Jadu1 wrote:
Hi Guys,

Please evaluate my profile and let me know if I have any chance in ISB. Also, please suggest whether IIMA,IIMB,IIMC are feasible or not.

Indian
GMAT:670(Q50/V29)
Toefl:110
10th: 93%
12th:93%
GPA:8.89 out of 10(around 84%)-top 5 in class

WE:
Indian MNC
Technological analyst role for a very big US bank
Total experience: 6 years
International experience: 4 years and counting (US)

Role:
Started as a trainee and now I am the onsite module lead- managing 5 people.

Day to day task:
Requirement gathering,
change management,
release coordination,
attend the ongoing strategic calls with senior business leadership(client side) and provide input - i.e- enhancement;risk;compliance etc
new hire management and formulating knowledge transition plan
In short, I am an SME for one of the application suite that is used in a line of business

Leadership:
Managing 5 people in onsite
4 promotions
small freelance web development company(sole employee)

EC & Achievement
Received Highest appraisal rating since last 2 years
Multiple awards from company(x4)
Multiple awards from client(x3)
ITIL certified
Java and python certified(technical)
minor volunteer experience in the US (however for a well-known volunteer group)

Goal:
Move to product management/project management role -preferably in consulting or financial tech or big tech(product based) sector.

Why India:
Want to build next phase of my professional career in India


Hi Jadu1

- Your international experience can act as a differentiator for you and would give you a shot at ISB, IIMB, and IIMC. IIMA may be tough though.
- Acads and experience are both decent, though IT-centric (the international context and bank IT experience will help however). Client awards will help too. The other certifications are IT-oriented so might not help in MBA admissions, but would certainly help in finding relevant post-MBA roles
- Not much in terms of ECA, so you might like to dig deep to think of experiences (even dated ones) that you can bring out for these apps
- With a strong app, you may be able to get through one or more of IIMB/C, ISB

You may also like to go through this article and [url]http://www.gyanone.com/blog/isb-670-gmat/] this article[/url]

Hope this helps. Feel free to come back with more queries as needed.
_________________

GyanOne | Top MBA Rankings and MBA Admissions Blog

Top MBA Admissions Consulting | Top MiM Admissions Consulting

Premium MBA Essay Review|Best MBA Interview Preparation|Exclusive GMAT coaching

Get a FREE Detailed MBA Profile Evaluation | Call us now +91 98998 31738

Kudos [?]: 625 [1] , given: 20

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 18 Feb 2016
Posts: 7

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 3

Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Nov 2016, 03:09
GyanOne wrote:

Hi Jadu1

- Your international experience can act as a differentiator for you and would give you a shot at ISB, IIMB, and IIMC. IIMA may be tough though.
- Acads and experience are both decent, though IT-centric (the international context and bank IT experience will help however). Client awards will help too. The other certifications are IT-oriented so might not help in MBA admissions, but would certainly help in finding relevant post-MBA roles
- Not much in terms of ECA, so you might like to dig deep to think of experiences (even dated ones) that you can bring out for these apps
- With a strong app, you may be able to get through one or more of IIMB/C, ISB

You may also like to go through this article and [url]http://www.gyanone.com/blog/isb-670-gmat/] this article[/url]

Hope this helps. Feel free to come back with more queries as needed.


Thanks GyanOne. I have few follow-up questions. It would be great if you can shed some light on those.

1.Can you please suggest if I should retake GMAT? If yes then what is the target score that will significantly boost my chance? I am not sure if I can improve on GMAT more than 20 points.
2.Also, I am active in the Indian community(cultural function organization etc,)- so should I go ahead and add those as EC? Moreover, I was pretty active in my college days with regards to EC but not sure if I should mention those as those are almost 5+ years old.
3.What kind of certifications at this point will be given more preference by mba school- i.e- will scrum master/PMP etc help?

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 3

Top Contributor
1 KUDOS received
VP
VP
User avatar
S
Status: Top MBA Admissions Consultant
Joined: 24 Jul 2011
Posts: 1326

Kudos [?]: 625 [1] , given: 20

GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V48
GRE 1: 1540 Q800 V740
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Nov 2016, 03:26
1
This post received
KUDOS
Top Contributor
Jadu1 wrote:
GyanOne wrote:

Hi Jadu1

- Your international experience can act as a differentiator for you and would give you a shot at ISB, IIMB, and IIMC. IIMA may be tough though.
- Acads and experience are both decent, though IT-centric (the international context and bank IT experience will help however). Client awards will help too. The other certifications are IT-oriented so might not help in MBA admissions, but would certainly help in finding relevant post-MBA roles
- Not much in terms of ECA, so you might like to dig deep to think of experiences (even dated ones) that you can bring out for these apps
- With a strong app, you may be able to get through one or more of IIMB/C, ISB

You may also like to go through this article and [url]http://www.gyanone.com/blog/isb-670-gmat/] this article[/url]

Hope this helps. Feel free to come back with more queries as needed.


Thanks GyanOne. I have few follow-up questions. It would be great if you can shed some light on those.

1.Can you please suggest if I should retake GMAT? If yes then what is the target score that will significantly boost my chance? I am not sure if I can improve on GMAT more than 20 points.
2.Also, I am active in the Indian community(cultural function organization etc,)- so should I go ahead and add those as EC? Moreover, I was pretty active in my college days with regards to EC but not sure if I should mention those as those are almost 5+ years old.
3.What kind of certifications at this point will be given more preference by mba school- i.e- will scrum master/PMP etc help?


Hi Jadu1

1. If you can, then do retake it. A 20 point increase will help too.
2. Organizing cultural functions etc in the Indian community will be taken as weak ECs, but yes they can be mentioned. You can mention your college EC achievements as well, even if they are dated.
3. Scrum Master/PMP will help as they are more generic skill related (project management) than necessarily tied to an industry.
_________________

GyanOne | Top MBA Rankings and MBA Admissions Blog

Top MBA Admissions Consulting | Top MiM Admissions Consulting

Premium MBA Essay Review|Best MBA Interview Preparation|Exclusive GMAT coaching

Get a FREE Detailed MBA Profile Evaluation | Call us now +91 98998 31738

Kudos [?]: 625 [1] , given: 20

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 04 Aug 2013
Posts: 1

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Nov 2016, 03:44
Hi All,

I will like someone to review my profile for R-2. I am a Mechanical Engineer from NIT Durgapur, with 7.5 Year of experience. I have 5.5 years of experience in Automobile domain Mahindra and Renault Nissan. For 2 Years I was working as the Manager business development in a German Research organisation called "Fraunhofer". For the last 3 months I am leading a Social Eneterprise working in the field of Palliaitive Care (Care of chronically ill & terminally bedridden) This intiative was founded by me & a Doctor 3 Years back. My Acads are as follows.

B.Tech-6.98 CGPA

X-79.8%

XII-86%

GRE Score-330 166-Q,164-V AWA 3.5
PMP Certified project Manager. Have keen interest in automobile won Mahindra AQ QUIZ competition. Was awarded excellerator award and Mahindra rise award. Participated in international exhibitions in Hannover Messe representing Fraunhofer India.

Thanking you in advance

Regards,

K Mohan Venkat

Sent from my Lenovo K50a40 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!   [#permalink] 01 Nov 2016, 03:44

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  15   16   17   18   19   20   21  ...  54    Next  [ 1062 posts ] 

    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
13 Experts publish their posts in the topic Collection of Important Posts from ISB Class of 2015 Discussion!! Narenn 0 20 Apr 2015, 07:36
Experts publish their posts in the topic Profile Evaluation for ISB-2015 (2016 Batch) himang 3 03 May 2015, 12:48
Experts publish their posts in the topic Profile Evaluation for ISB saileebh 3 19 Jun 2014, 23:35
9 Experts publish their posts in the topic ISB Class of 2015 - Calling all Admitted Students ankurgupta03 13 26 Feb 2014, 00:32
30 Experts publish their posts in the topic ISB 2013 Calling All Applicants bb 95 27 Apr 2013, 04:06
Display posts from previous: Sort by

ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  


GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.