GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 12 Jul 2020, 21:23

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!

new topic post reply Update application status  
Manager
Manager
S
Concentration: Leadership, Entrepreneurship
Schools: ISB, NUS, HEC Montreal, NTU
Premium Member
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 May 2020, 09:33
S4G wrote:
Iceman2020 wrote:
S4G wrote:
Iceman2020 wrote:
Hope you all are doing well and staying safe as we live through these apocalyptic days.

I was hoping if someone could evaluate my profile and help me figure out my chances of getting into ISB Co'22.

GMAT: Yet to take the exam
Background: Indian Engineering Male (The worst possible trio :( you read it right)

Acads:
1) Class X: 93.4% (ICSE Board)
2) Class XII: 85.0% (State Board) - Awarded scholarship by State Govt for performance within top 1% of HSC Board
3) Graduation: Bachelor of Engineering with an 8/10 CGPA (not sure if ISB wants us to convert this to GPA)
4) Cleared CFA Level 1

Work Experience:
- Currently working with a bulge bracket Investment Bank for 32 months. I have consistently been a strong performer in my batch year and team which helped me get a fast-track promotion last year. I was also the first analyst to be deputed to Los Angeles to work with the onshore team for one month. Started as a junior analyst, I am now the senior most member in my team (after my manager) and hence entrusted with a lot of leadership responsibilities. Although not being the manager on paper I still actively contribute in managing the team members, team's work, and coordinating with all the relevant stakeholders (Not sure if this helps demonstrate Leadership skills - as I'm not the manager on paper). In addition to that I have solely trained ~11 juniors on topics such as valuation and capital structure comparison.

Apart from all of this I have been an active participant in firm wide activities including CSR and participating in competitions. I was also ranked among the top 10% (in a batch of 30) in the Analyst training program conducted by The WallStreetWiz.

I have also worked on several multi million dollar deals including acquisition financing, capital structure strategies, and treasury deals.

Co-curricular activities:
- Elected as Head Boy for Academic year 2010-11 based on the scholastic performance & leadership capabilities
- Represented Mumbai University for a National Level Robotics Competition at IIT Delhi
- IEEE (an International Student Body) Chairperson for my engineering college. During that time I spearheaded several inter & intra college events & symposiums. The highlight remains my team and I organizing "The International Symposium on Internet of Things" in collaboration with a US based startup
- Active coordinator of IEEE Bombay Section (which includes 100+ engineering colleges)

Extra-curricular activities:
- Marketing head of college’s Cultural and Technical Fest
- Student Ambassador of the NGO - Indian Development Foundation
- Campus Ambassador for The Grapevine Co. (which included working with clients like MTV and ITC)

Courses:
- Portfolio and Risk Management by Indian School of Business on Coursera

Others:
- I had co-founded a start-up (earlier this year) with my friend but we had to shut shop because our business model was severely impacted by COVID-19. However we still had some initial success and were able to get a couple of clients on board. (Not sure if i can put this failed attempt on my resume) - Kindly advice.

Hobbies:
- Modelling (a few print media advertisements), Acting, & Football

Thank you so much for reading through such a long post. Would greatly appreciate your thoughts on my chances at ISB Co'22, my target score, and any other advice.

P.S: Do you think getting into ISB this year will be tougher than ever before with the surge in applicants (thinking this is a good year to get an MBA) and ~1/4 of the 2021 batch deferring.

Hello Iceman (inspired from X-Men or Top Gun? Looking at your age, I'll bet on the former :) )
Majority of the ISB cohort falls in the IEM category but what matters more is your experience after that!
- You have decent acads and CFA L1 adds a dimension to them. In case not already thinking, you should consider taking the L2 exam in December now that the dates have been extended
- The work-ex is strong (and a departure from IEM!) within core finance and will stand out. You have a couple of nice achievements and should be used to demonstrate what you bring to the table in the application
- For the start-up, yes it should be incorporated and I'm sure there would be a great deal of lessons learnt you can talk about in the interview
- The co-curricular, ECA and hobbies complete the whole package and demonstrate the diversity you have and are pursuing

The challenge for you would be how you bring everything together in a coherent and impactful structure, especially in the 'why you' essay.

Regarding GMAT, you should aim for a 710+ which would complement the overall package.

This year, getting into ISB would be tougher as you rightly pointed out not just due to the deferring but also since this is the best time to go for an MBA while the economy is in hiatus and bounces back by 2022/23. Hence, it would be all the more prudent to apply in R1 since you will have a shot at all the seats and there might not be a R3 like previous years.

Hope this helps. Feel free to reach out for a chat!

Cheers,
Manan
Co-founder, S4G | ISB Class of 2013

Hi Manan,

I agree with your approach to conclude that X-men was the inspiration for my user name, but incidentally i'm a sucker for old Hollywood movies and so Val Kilmer's character is the actual reason :P

Thanks so much for your prompt reply. I'll keep in mind all the points that you have said.

But will also need some guidance from an expert like you and would like to know the best way to get in touch.

One follow-up question on your point of R1. Do you anticipate ISB to push deadlines for R1 this year? Given that there was so much uncertainty because of COVID-19 and the online GMAT exam.

Best,
Garvit

Well, that makes the two of us :)

ISB usually announces the deadlines and essays by end May / early June with R1 at 15th Sept. I'm expecting a slight right-shifting of the dates due to the covid situation. The class of 2021 is now scheduled to graduate by end- May 2021 so expecting them to announce by July this year with and R1 deadline for October.

Feel free to call /message me on the number below.

All the best!

Regards,
Manan
+91-8008553552

Posted from my mobile device

Thanks so much Manan!
Intern
Intern
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 May 2020, 13:48
Hi,
Could you please evaluate my profile for ISB:

Bachelor of Engineering: Electronics Instrumentation and Control
GPA -8.23/10
Working in Deloitte- 10 months experience in a US based public sector project
GRE- 318 (planning to give GMAT)
Did research internship at CSIR; worked on central government project
International Journal - paper published

ExtraCurriculars
Second position in district competitions in football and athletics
Captain of College Badminton Team and participated in North India Tournament
Selected as the Overall Captain of Electrical Department of college in sports
Overall Games Coordinator
Overall Event Coordinator and Founder of a college society of sports
Member of Student Consulting Committee

Certification Courses:
PLC Developer (LinkedIn)
Digital Marketing (Google)
Financial Marketing (LinkedIn)

Volunteer at a NGO-Rotary Foundation

Could you please recommend about the GRE/GMAT score and exam i should target. What are the areas in my profile to focus and improve on. What are my chances with this profile?
Intern
Intern
B
ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 May 2020, 13:51
image wrote:
Hi
Kindly evaluate my profile; interested in ISB and INSEAD

Male/28 yrs
GMAT 1st attempt - 700

B.Tech (IIT Roorkee) - CGPA - 7.75
X - 90.6%
XII - 91.2%

Work exp. - 7.5 yrs (NTPC Ltd.)
Designation - Deputy Manager
Role - Operations - Coal, Gas and Solar power plants.

Extras -
involved in two startups - one sports related and second in renewable energy.
(though I don't hold any posts in them due to legal issues - PSU employees are not allowed )

decent extra-curricular experience both in college as well as in NTPC.

Hi,
Having a PSU background and a GMAT score of 700 give you an edge for getting an interview call from ISB. You can also apply for the top IIMs. These colleges prefer diversity in the MBA cohort and that increases your chance. You can try the free profile evaluation tool to get a better picture - https://form.jotform.com/201452400984046

For more information regarding MBA and career switch from PSU to Private sector check the free resources at http://psutoprivate.com/.
All the best!

Email: support@psutoprivate.com | +91 9470357620 |Website | https://www.linkedin.com/company/psutoprivate
Manager
Manager
G
Schools: ISB (A)

Show Tags

New post 29 May 2020, 22:01
Amoghzz wrote:
Hi,

I am working with Infosys Limited for the past 3.5 years.
I appeared for GMAT last year and scored 740(V39,Q50).

I am a Mechanical Engineer with 7.84/10 CGPA from a tier 2 university and was a member of organizing committees for multiple events including a national level sports fest.
For a couple of years, I was also a volunteer for a local NGO in my university region that looked after the needs of orphan children.

During the 3+ years of work experience, I have only worked on implementation projects and in 3 different roles - back end developer, integration developer and front end developer. I have worked with clients from Manufacturing, Consulting and Utilities sectors.
I was selected to be a part of the coveted Self Governance Team(SGT) during the training period at Infosys (10 selected out of 450). The SGT was basically a bridge between the management and the trainees.
I have also received a couple of Insta-awards for my work efforts till date.

My post MBA goal is to get into consulting, specifically strategy and tech consulting.
I recently completed a virtual strategy internship by BCG to gain some insight into the industry. I am also looking to complete a tech consulting internship to get acquainted in that front as well.

I have started learning Spanish a couple of months back and hopefully would have a good grasp on the language by the time sessions start next year.

Please help to evaluate my chances for the upcoming admissions season.

TIA

Hello!

Overall acads seem good (assuming you were in the top 10%ile with that score) and GMAT ticks the box. Your efforts to get a tech consulting internship demonstrates your intent and preparation towards moving beyond the developer roles (which in a silo wouldn't enhance your chances) and it will bode well in your application as well as the interview. Your cross-industry project experience should also help.

Regarding extra-curricular and interests, Spanish is fine but are you continuing with the NGO and SGT-like efforts? It's important to demonstrate continuity in such cases.

All the best!

Regards,
Manan
E: info@strategy4gmat.com | Ph: +91 8008553552, +91 7087234600

Not just GMAT, complete MBA admissions mentoring
Manager
Manager
G

Show Tags

New post 29 May 2020, 22:16
Raghu2 wrote:
Hi,

GPA -8.23/10

ExtraCurriculars

Certification Courses:
PLC Developer (LinkedIn)

Could you please recommend about the GRE/GMAT score and exam i should target. What are the areas in my profile to focus and improve on. What are my chances with this profile?

Hi Raghu,

I'm assuming you're looking for an EEO.

Could you share more details around,
- Which college did you graduate from?
- What kind of project are you working on and any instances of achievement, leadership or any other key traits you demonstrated which would add value to the application?

Your extra-curricular section is impressive and you should build upon that in the application as to how you'd add value to the school. You should continue your focus on sports. In addition, continue the good work on your project and earn more laurels :)

Regarding GMAT vs GRE, it totally depends on your preference and skills. For e.g. if you are looking to apply not just at b-schools then GRE is preferred. GRE is considered slightly easier for quant than GMAT but the verbal section is tougher, especially if your vocab isn't very strong. In terms of preference particularly at ISB, it doesnt matter which one you go for.

Hope this helps!

Intern
Intern
B
Schools: ISB '21

Show Tags

New post 30 May 2020, 02:35
Please help to evaluate

EXPERIENCE
Reliance Jio Digital Infocom GMAT :710
Mumbai, India

1. Graduate Engineer Trainee Sept’16-Oct’16
 Joined as Graduate Engineer Trainee [GET]. Awarded with title “Star Bond Performer” & “Bond of the Month” for consistently high ranked performance.

2. Project Lead Validation Manager Nov’16—Dec’17
 Led the crucial digital product projects with ZERO defect principle through in-depth analysis, detailed project planning with inclusive communication with all the stakeholders and international clients involved such as Samsung, LYF, Facebook, https://gmatclub.com/chat and government stakeholders etc.
 Re-engineered the product performance and stability procedures to meet crucial business deadlines.
 Conceptualized and directed a detailed integration plan for the customer on-boarding procedures for crucial digital products such as Jio Phone, Jio Pos and ODA SIM, resulting in smooth acquisition of customers meeting the 2 million goal of the organization.
 Managed and monitored Jio media products accounting to more than more than Rs 40,000 crores revenue opportunities for the organization.
 Administered and structured processes pertaining to product migration from licensed based to open source platform such as Jio Central Platform impacting more than 10 lakhs of dealers
 Analyzed the product performance and stability; presented the findings to Vice-President and Senior Vice-President and Technical Head, along with plan of action to optimize the product defects; resulted in effective product stability and performance.
 Co-ordinated a team of 250-300 product evaluators, leading to efficient product launch and deployment.
 Interviewed, Recruited and Trained Graduate Engineer Trainees.

3. Software Integration Architect Jan’18-Nov’18
 Designed and engineered Integrated System Architecture for the Reliance Jio Digital Platform
 Designed & architected, deployed crucial technical systems tool to monitor & measure progress of business Operations across all Pan-India units; enabled integration of technical processes and systems across the units, enhancing overall system efficiency to approximately 98%.
 As a software integration architect, worked in the R&D section of Integration architecture department to outline effective technical integrated solutions to meet the business requirements of the organization such as crucial Jio GigaFibre and Enterprise products.
 Designed $15 billion IT solution strategy for crucial digital products such as Jio Giga Fiber that targets to increase revenue by more than 50% through acquisition of more than 1 million customers.
 Designed Enterprise IT solution strategy for crucial digital products such as that targeting revenue opportunities from Enterprise clients such as HDFC Bank, Infosys LTD and Indian Railways etc through customer acquisitions
 Spearheaded software architecture solutions in the by coordinating with software developer, leading testers and technical operations

4. Software Functional Analyst Dec’18-Present

 Designed and executed business revenue technical solutions for the organization accounting to more than Rs 40,000 crores revenue opportunities.
 Implemented, programmed and deployed revenue based digital campaigns, targeting enterprise and retail customers acquisition and retention.
 Conceptualized and re-engineered the functional aspects, led crucial customer retention and acquisition strategies with in-depth requirement analysis, detailed planning with inclusive communication with all the stakeholders
 Implemented, programmed and engineered efficient real time Business events platform handling approx. 1.5 lakh customer recharges daily. Executed crucial customer acquisition business requirements such as Jio Giga Fibre, Jio Home Solutions and Jio IOT
 Launched a series of customer-driven marketing campaign programs to expand market penetration and increase key account base. Resulting in 3.35 lakhs of customer acquisitions and retentions on daily basics
 Implemented and executed revenue based digital platform with stakeholders and clients such as Xaoimi India, OnePlus, Amazon.com, Samsung, Flipcart, Myntra, Make My trip etc.
 Awarded and appreciated for the contribution as the efficient performing employee.
 Signed new accounts worth $2140, leading to promotion to Associate Software Functional Analyst Manager

EDUCATION

Bharti Vidyapeeth College of Engineering College, Mumbai University Mumbai, India
Bachelor of Engineering, Information Technology Jun’12 – May’16
 Passed with Distinction, with aggregate CGPA 7.76/10.
 Silver medal holder in Engineering second year rank.
 Bronze medal holder for consecutive semesters 04,05& 06.
 Founding Member, English & Literature club to coach and prepare students for English Proficiency (2013-2016).
 Presented and Published Technical paper in IEEE chapter of International Conference on Advances in Science and Technology (2014).
 Participated and qualified till Level 02 of Technokrieg, a National Level Quid Pro Competition (2014).
 Participated and successfully completed LEVEL 01 Robotics training (2012).
 Published Technical Paper in International Journal of Computer Sciences and Engineering (2016)

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

 Sponsor Head for the Information Technology department (2013-2016).
 Elected and served as the Vice-President and Sponsor head for Information Technology Department (2013-2014).
 Elected and served as the President and Sponsor head for Information technology Department (2015-2016)
 Event Manager and anchored for cross Department activities (2013-2016).
 Project Co-Ordinator for Campus corporate relation department (2015-2016).
 Advanced Level Cross-Fit athlete. Won second Prize in CrossFit Myden Games (January 2019-TillDate).
 Analyzed and have done field reporting for Jan Ki Baat for the General Elections 2019
 Organizing member and Event Manager for the International Zee Jaipur Literature Festival 2019
 Worked with NGO in collaboration with Maharashtra Government on focus to strengthen Aaganwadis in Trombay and Mankhurd Slum localities (March 2019 – Till Date).
 Volunteer for Champions of Earth – an initiative under UN designated Afroz Shah (January 2017 – Till Date).
 Working in collaboration with Reliance Foundation for various initiatives such as Education for All & Sports for All (January 2017 – Till Date).
 Fund Raiser for Akshay Patra (January 2019 – Till Date).
 Food and Travel Blogger with subsequent more than 3.5K followers till date
 Participated and won prizes in various elocution and debate competitions (2001- 2010).
 Participated and won prizes in National Science Congress Conferences (2008 - 2009).
Content and writer in Youth Ki Awaaz online magazine
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 30 May 2020, 02:45
S4G wrote:
Raghu2 wrote:
Hi,

Class X- 9.6/10 CGPA
Class XII- 90.8%

GPA -8.23/10 from Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology
Developed Projects such as : Smart walking stick for the visually impaired (Research paper published), Automatic Street Lighting system, Automatic fire alarm system.

Role: Automation and Functional Testing (Involves Client handling, problem solving skills, technical skills)

ExtraCurriculars

Certification Courses:
PLC Developer (LinkedIn)

With should be the minimum GMAT score i should be aiming to get ?

Hi Raghu,

I'm assuming you're looking for an EEO.

Could you share more details around,
- Which college did you graduate from?
- What kind of project are you working on and any instances of achievement, leadership or any other key traits you demonstrated which would add value to the application?

Your extra-curricular section is impressive and you should build upon that in the application as to how you'd add value to the school. You should continue your focus on sports. In addition, continue the good work on your project and earn more laurels :)

Regarding GMAT vs GRE, it totally depends on your preference and skills. For e.g. if you are looking to apply not just at b-schools then GRE is preferred. GRE is considered slightly easier for quant than GMAT but the verbal section is tougher, especially if your vocab isn't very strong. In terms of preference particularly at ISB, it doesnt matter which one you go for.

Hope this helps!
Intern
Intern
ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 May 2020, 02:46
Hi,

Class X- 9.6/10 CGPA
Class XII- 90.8%

Developed Projects such as : Smart walking stick for the visually impaired (Research paper published), Automatic Street Lighting system, Automatic fire alarm system.
Was selected as the Class Representative for Electronics Instrumentation and Control

Role: Automation and Functional Testing (Involves Client handling, problem solving skills, technical skills)

ExtraCurriculars

Certification Courses:
PLC Developer (LinkedIn)

With should be the minimum GMAT score i should be aiming to get a call for interview in EEO ?
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 30 May 2020, 03:16
Kindly Evaluate my Profile; I am looking forward to apply to ISB PGP 1 year Program in R1 this year.

Male/31 yrs
Target GMAT Score: 710+ (Latest Mock Score:680)

Acads:
1) Class X: 63.0% (State Board)
2) Class XII: 67.0% (State Board)
3) B.Tech(CSE): 79.0% (UPTU)

Work Experience:(8+ Years)
1 year in Cognizant Technology Solutions(CTS),Chennai as Programmer Analyst Trainee(PAT).
7+ years in my Current Company i.e. a PSU under Department of Atomic Energy as Senior Technical Officer.

While Working in My Current Company, I got the opporunity to work in diverse fields. I got to work on variuos Research projects and also worked in Production Planning, Purchase, Marketing and Accoounts Activities etc.
Currently leading a team of 6 members.
I got the Opportunity to work on some projects which were so time critical that we used to report directly to our C&MD.
I got the opportunity to work with Senior level Manager of Other PSUs and Central Govt.
I have actively participated in the Corporate Level CSR Activities, Cultural activities and Competitions as well as Inter-PSU Competitions.

Hobbies:
- Singing and Listening to Music.
- Playing Guitar.
- Playing Cricket, Table Tennis, Badminton, Volley Ball etc.

I am lead singer of our Corporate level Band.
I am the captain of our Volley Ball Team.
I am the Vice-captain of our Corporate level Cricket Team.
I won various prizes in many Inter-PSU Teble Tennis Competitions.
I won "Sportsman of the Year" Award three times in biennial "Sports Meet" in my current Organization.
I have hosted many cultural programs.

Thank you so much in advance.
I Would appreciate your thoughts on my chances in ISB PGP program this year, required GMAT Score and any other advice.

I want to know one more thing that would Covid-19 have any impact on the number of applicants to PGP Program in ISB this year.
Is it advisable to apply this year amid corona pendemic.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 30 May 2020, 23:58
ajeetsinghcet05 wrote:
Kindly Evaluate my Profile; I am looking forward to apply to ISB PGP 1 year Program in R1 this year.

Male/31 yrs
Target GMAT Score: 710+ (Latest Mock Score:680)

Acads:
1) Class X: 63.0% (State Board)
2) Class XII: 67.0% (State Board)
3) B.Tech(CSE): 79.0% (UPTU)

Work Experience:(8+ Years)
1 year in Cognizant Technology Solutions(CTS),Chennai as Programmer Analyst Trainee(PAT).
7+ years in my Current Company i.e. a PSU under Department of Atomic Energy as Senior Technical Officer.

While Working in My Current Company, I got the opporunity to work in diverse fields. I got to work on variuos Research projects and also worked in Production Planning, Purchase, Marketing and Accoounts Activities etc.
Currently leading a team of 6 members.
I got the Opportunity to work on some projects which were so time critical that we used to report directly to our C&MD.
I got the opportunity to work with Senior level Manager of Other PSUs and Central Govt.
I have actively participated in the Corporate Level CSR Activities, Cultural activities and Competitions as well as Inter-PSU Competitions.

Hobbies:
- Singing and Listening to Music.
- Playing Guitar.
- Playing Cricket, Table Tennis, Badminton, Volley Ball etc.

I am lead singer of our Corporate level Band.
I am the captain of our Volley Ball Team.
I am the Vice-captain of our Corporate level Cricket Team.
I won various prizes in many Inter-PSU Teble Tennis Competitions.
I won "Sportsman of the Year" Award three times in biennial "Sports Meet" in my current Organization.
I have hosted many cultural programs.

Thank you so much in advance.
I Would appreciate your thoughts on my chances in ISB PGP program this year, required GMAT Score and any other advice.

I want to know one more thing that would Covid-19 have any impact on the number of applicants to PGP Program in ISB this year.
Is it advisable to apply this year amid corona pendemic.

Hi Ajeet,
You have a very niche profile (Atomic energy background) which will help you to get an interview call from top B schools like ISB as B schools look for unique profiles to increase the batch diversity. A 700+ GMAT score should be good enough for you. With 8+ years of work ex, you can also consider applying to the one year MBA programs at top IIMs.
Coming to Covid-19 situation, it may limit your MBA experience to some extent if the situation does not improve in the next academic year as well. However, assuming that you are targeting the class of 2022, the market is expected to exhibit an upward trend post-COVID, especially in industries like technology, e-Commerce, pharma etc. This can help you during placement if you are targeting these sectors as your post-MBA career choice.

For more information regarding MBA and career switch from PSU to Private sector check the free resources at http://psutoprivate.com/.
All the best!

Email: support@psutoprivate.com | +91 9470357620 |Website | https://www.linkedin.com/company/psutoprivate

Originally posted by PSUTOPRIVATE on 30 May 2020, 04:49.
Last edited by PSUTOPRIVATE on 30 May 2020, 23:58, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V36

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 31 May 2020, 00:02
Hey,

Please evaluate my profile for ISB 2021 intake:

GMAT Score: 700 [Quant:49 , Verbal:36, I.R.:5 , AWA:5.5]

Educational Qualifications:

Graduation: BTech in Information Technology with 7.5 CGPA
12th: 94% in AP State Board
10th: 84% in ICSE

Work Experience:
Working as a Blockchain Developer + Backend Developer in EXL Services currently.
Total work experience of 3 years.

Extra Curricular:
I did a 6-month internship in PwC.
I am Quora influencer with over 10,000 followers and 22 million views on my articles. I have also been a Top Writer on this platform.
I have mentored over 50 people in writing blogs effectively.
I have founded a website where people can write and publish cricket blogs.
I have been into NGOs for the past 2 years.

Originally posted by kvakhil on 30 May 2020, 21:25.
Last edited by kvakhil on 31 May 2020, 00:02, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
Schools: ISB, IIM
GPA: 4
WE: General Management (Commercial Banking)

Show Tags

New post 30 May 2020, 23:41
Kvakhil,
Nothing other than a very exceptional profile can go with a 600 on GMAT.
With this profile, which is an over represented one, nothing short of a GMAT 710 (ISB average) is safe.

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 30 May 2020, 23:43
Kvakhil,
Moreover, your GMAT score and its breakup is not tallying

Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V36

Show Tags

New post 31 May 2020, 00:14
Hey Vikram21,

There was an error while typing I guess.

The total score is 700 and not 600.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 31 May 2020, 00:29
Kvakhil,
Try to improve upon the GMAT score if you can. B.Tech comes with it's own set of challenges.
Else work on your essays.
Post MBA goal clarity is a must.
Extra curriculars are ok.

Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
WE: Business Development (Internet and New Media)

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 31 May 2020, 00:48
Hello,

Please evaluate my profile (25, male):

Education
10th - 90% (CBSE)
12th - 65% (Science stream, Maharashtra State)
Undergrad - 70%; B.Sc. in Hospitality & Hotel Administration from IHM Mumbai (Oldest and top-ranked hospitality education institute in the country)

Work experience: 5 years (60 months)
1. Account Executive at Booking(dot)com (NASDAQ: BKNG; Fortune500): Managing supplier accounts in the assigned region, involves consultative selling, relationship management and improving product adoption. I've also led region & country-level projects for improving the quality of listings on the website [Current]
2. Business Development Executive at Cleartrip(dot)com (Online travel agency): Job role & responsibilities are the same as above. Awarded for 'Exemplary Performance'. [2.4 years]

Certifications
Fundamentals of Digital Marketing (Google)
Project Management (Udemy)

GMAT: Yet to attempt; target score = 660

Thanks in advance :)

Originally posted by athk on 31 May 2020, 00:45.
Last edited by athk on 31 May 2020, 00:48, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
B
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 31 May 2020, 00:48
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 31 May 2020, 13:31
apurv06 wrote:
Hi
Plz evaluate my profile for ISB

Bio: Indian,Male,24
Academics: B.Tech from ZHCET , Aligarh Muslim University (2016) - 72%
Class 12 (2012) - 81 %
Class 10 (2010)- 9.6 CGPA
Work Exp:
1). Sep 2017 - Present: Junior Executive (Airport Operations) at Airports Authority of India (Miniratna PSU)
Currently posted as Airport Terminal Manager at Lal Bahadur Shastri Int. Airport ,Varanasi.
2). Aviation Expert , Trained in Airside Operation Management at Trivandrum Int. Airport,Thiruvananthapuram.
3). Airport operations is a highly dynamic profile which requires quick decision making, situational awareness, crisis
management etc
4). Besides my regular job responsibilities ,I have also been appointed as Airport Terminal manager to manage
PGO (Passenger grievances & redressal) portal AIR SEWA , VIP Protocol Handling , ASQ-ACI (Airport Service Quality).
5). As I resolve Passenger queries /complaints & conduct ASQ surveys I have met & interacted with hundreds of persons
from various domains, natives of many countries.
6). Certified ISO 14001:2015 & 9001:2015 standards QMS/EMS Internal Auditer.
7). Besides , I m a keen Stock Market follower and i have been trading(MF, Equities ,Derivatives) for the last two years.

Extra Co-Curriculars
Won some awards in Badminton & Cricket at School ,College level .
Tech & Cultural fest coordinator in College.
Participated in multiple science & tech. quizzes at different colleges.
Participated in CBRN ( Chemical,Biological, Radiological & Nuclear) Detection & Prevention Worshop conducted in mutual collaboration of National Disaster Management Authority NDMA & DRDO.

TBD ,I am targetting to appear in GMAT in July last.
kindly evaluate my profile & suggest target score

Hi Apurv,
You have an average academics which needs to be compensated by an above-average GMAT score (710+ for ISB and top IIMs). You do have a unique background and rich work experience in a PSU. This can be showcased in your essays. Remember, GMAT score constitutes only one part of your application. The essays, LoR and the interview play a big role in getting an admit.You can try the free profile evaluation tool to get a better picture - https://form.jotform.com/201452400984046

All the best!

Manager
Manager
G

Show Tags

New post 31 May 2020, 21:01
Ved22 wrote:
Please help to evaluate

EXPERIENCE
Reliance Jio Digital Infocom GMAT :710
Mumbai, India

1. Graduate Engineer Trainee Sept’16-Oct’16
 Joined as Graduate Engineer Trainee [GET]. Awarded with title “Star Bond Performer” & “Bond of the Month” for consistently high ranked performance.

2. Project Lead Validation Manager Nov’16—Dec’17
 Led the crucial digital product projects with ZERO defect principle through in-depth analysis, detailed project planning with inclusive communication with all the stakeholders and international clients involved such as Samsung, LYF, Facebook, https://gmatclub.com/chat and government stakeholders etc.
 Re-engineered the product performance and stability procedures to meet crucial business deadlines.
 Conceptualized and directed a detailed integration plan for the customer on-boarding procedures for crucial digital products such as Jio Phone, Jio Pos and ODA SIM, resulting in smooth acquisition of customers meeting the 2 million goal of the organization.
 Managed and monitored Jio media products accounting to more than more than Rs 40,000 crores revenue opportunities for the organization.
 Administered and structured processes pertaining to product migration from licensed based to open source platform such as Jio Central Platform impacting more than 10 lakhs of dealers
 Analyzed the product performance and stability; presented the findings to Vice-President and Senior Vice-President and Technical Head, along with plan of action to optimize the product defects; resulted in effective product stability and performance.
 Co-ordinated a team of 250-300 product evaluators, leading to efficient product launch and deployment.
 Interviewed, Recruited and Trained Graduate Engineer Trainees.

Hi Ved,

Thanks for sharing the detailed view of your profile. Your acads are not your strongest area and a GMAT score of 710 is good. The work experience shows both the fast-track growth you've had and how you've got there through a number of interesting and hi-impact projects. There's a lot of material and focus you can demonstrate in the essays, especially directly working with the top brands in e-commerce to execute the projects. Plus, the wide gamut of the Jio portfolio you've touched adds to what you bring to the table.
You should package all of this succinctly and focus on certain key traits in the essays.

You also have a very diverse extra-curricular profile. Your escapades with the IT department at college will bode well with certain initiatives within the Business Technology Club at ISB. Cross-fit is also a strong diversity factor which usually comes into play at the latter half of the year after placements where you can organize cross-fit camps. A number of ex-students have done that in the past.

Overall, you have a strong chance of getting through this year. All the best!

Cheers,
Manan

Manager
Manager
G

Show Tags

New post 31 May 2020, 21:08
Raghu2 wrote:
Hi,

Class X- 9.6/10 CGPA
Class XII- 90.8%

Was selected as the Class Representative for Electronics Instrumentation and Control

ExtraCurriculars

Certification Courses:
PLC Developer (LinkedIn)

With should be the minimum GMAT score i should be aiming to get a call for interview in EEO ?

Hi Raghu,

Thanks for sharing the updated details.

Acads are good and within your work-ex, you can build upon the client interactions with the US public sector and automation focus in the application.

Also, 710+ would be a good score to target to complete the package. Remember, GMAT/GRE is one of the components which the adcom would assess. Other areas have equal or more weightage.

All the best!

GMAT Club Bot
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!   [#permalink] 31 May 2020, 21:08

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  169   170   171   172   173  ...  183    Next  [ 3644 posts ] 

ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: LeoN88, elPatron434