It is currently 21 Sep 2017, 03:44

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Top Contributor
VP
VP
User avatar
S
Status: Top MBA Admissions Consultant
Joined: 24 Jul 2011
Posts: 1342

Kudos [?]: 636 [0], given: 20

GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V48
GRE 1: 1540 Q800 V740
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Nov 2016, 03:56
Top Contributor
MOHANVK wrote:
Hi All,

I will like someone to review my profile for R-2. I am a Mechanical Engineer from NIT Durgapur, with 7.5 Year of experience. I have 5.5 years of experience in Automobile domain Mahindra and Renault Nissan. For 2 Years I was working as the Manager business development in a German Research organisation called "Fraunhofer". For the last 3 months I am leading a Social Eneterprise working in the field of Palliaitive Care (Care of chronically ill & terminally bedridden) This intiative was founded by me & a Doctor 3 Years back. My Acads are as follows.

B.Tech-6.98 CGPA

X-79.8%

XII-86%

GRE Score-330 166-Q,164-V AWA 3.5
PMP Certified project Manager. Have keen interest in automobile won Mahindra AQ QUIZ competition. Was awarded excellerator award and Mahindra rise award. Participated in international exhibitions in Hannover Messe representing Fraunhofer India.

Thanking you in advance

Regards,

K Mohan Venkat

Sent from my Lenovo K50a40 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app


Solid profile. Quite strong on all aspects - test scores, experience, leadership, ECA. Very well positioned for applying to ISB.
_________________

GyanOne | Top MBA Rankings and MBA Admissions Blog

Top MBA Admissions Consulting | Top MiM Admissions Consulting

Premium MBA Essay Review|Best MBA Interview Preparation|Exclusive GMAT coaching

Get a FREE Detailed MBA Profile Evaluation | Call us now +91 98998 31738

Kudos [?]: 636 [0], given: 20

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 30 May 2016
Posts: 7

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Nov 2016, 23:07
Hi,

Can someone please review my profile and what are the chances of getting into ISB

GMAT score (Q-48,V-34)
4+ years of Management Consulting Experience with Accenture Strategy working across Europe, Middle East, USA and Asia
2 Years of experience with Indian Oil Corporation Limited in the Marketing Division
Graduation (Vellore Institute of Technology) - CGPA (9.53)
12th (CBSE) - 91.8%
10th (CBSE) - 86%

Thanks!

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Top Contributor
VP
VP
User avatar
S
Status: Top MBA Admissions Consultant
Joined: 24 Jul 2011
Posts: 1342

Kudos [?]: 636 [0], given: 20

GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V48
GRE 1: 1540 Q800 V740
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Nov 2016, 23:16
Top Contributor
samarthc87 wrote:
Hi,

Can someone please review my profile and what are the chances of getting into ISB

GMAT score (Q-48,V-34)
4+ years of Management Consulting Experience with Accenture Strategy working across Europe, Middle East, USA and Asia
2 Years of experience with Indian Oil Corporation Limited in the Marketing Division
Graduation (Vellore Institute of Technology) - CGPA (9.53)
12th (CBSE) - 91.8%
10th (CBSE) - 86%

Thanks!


Hi

Your GMAT score should translate to a 670. That is a bit on the edge. If possible, try and raise it. If a retake is not possible, you could apply even with this score.

On the academics and professional aspects, your profile is really solid. No worries there. No mention of ECA but if those are even just about ok, you should be fine.
_________________

GyanOne | Top MBA Rankings and MBA Admissions Blog

Top MBA Admissions Consulting | Top MiM Admissions Consulting

Premium MBA Essay Review|Best MBA Interview Preparation|Exclusive GMAT coaching

Get a FREE Detailed MBA Profile Evaluation | Call us now +91 98998 31738

Kudos [?]: 636 [0], given: 20

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 30 May 2016
Posts: 7

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Nov 2016, 23:44
Thank you so much for the reply!

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 01 Nov 2016
Posts: 2

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 3

Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Nov 2016, 03:50
Hello Club!
I will be applying to ISB R-2 for the class of 2018.
Would appreciate an evaluation of my profile:
10th (SSC) : 86.00
12th(HSC): 69.71
B.E (Electrical Engineering, GHRCE, Nagpur University) : 7.64/10

Work Exp:
Fellow, Teach For India: 2 years (Taught in a Bombay Municipality School of a low income community for 2 years)
Associate, Indian Political Action Committee: 6 months (Supervised election strategy and campaigning for 10 Assembly Constituencies in Punjab)

Volunteering:
AIESEC in Nagpur: Vice President, Marketing and Information Management: 2 years

I'm yet to take the GMAT. What would be a good score to get a sure shot call with the hindsight of my profile?
Attachments

File comment: PFA a copy of my resume.
Resume_KaustubhUlhe.pdf [88.94 KiB]
Downloaded 32 times

To download please login or register as a user

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 3

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 02 Nov 2016
Posts: 26

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 9

Schools: ISB '18
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Nov 2016, 04:25
Hello,

My profile is as follows:
10th: 91%
12th :84%
B.E CGPA 7.35
Experience : 2.4 years IT

ITIL certified,certified in ITSM tool.
Good extracurricular record.

Yet to give GMAT.
Any recommendations for which colleges and what score to target ?

Also will it be wise to look for a switch to marketing/consulting domain ?


Saksham

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 9

Top Contributor
1 KUDOS received
VP
VP
User avatar
S
Status: Top MBA Admissions Consultant
Joined: 24 Jul 2011
Posts: 1342

Kudos [?]: 636 [1], given: 20

GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V48
GRE 1: 1540 Q800 V740
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Nov 2016, 21:30
1
This post received
KUDOS
Top Contributor
sakshamgmat wrote:
Hello,

My profile is as follows:
10th: 91%
12th :84%
B.E CGPA 7.35
Experience : 2.4 years IT

ITIL certified,certified in ITSM tool.
Good extracurricular record.

Yet to give GMAT.
Any recommendations for which colleges and what score to target ?

Also will it be wise to look for a switch to marketing/consulting domain ?


Saksham


Hi Saksham

Your selection set in terms of schools is fairly limited at this stage - it is ISB you can aim at, as the other programs will require more experience.

Aim for a 700+ GMAT definitely (of course the higher the better). A switch to consulting may be possible with your profile but marketing may be a stretch.
_________________

GyanOne | Top MBA Rankings and MBA Admissions Blog

Top MBA Admissions Consulting | Top MiM Admissions Consulting

Premium MBA Essay Review|Best MBA Interview Preparation|Exclusive GMAT coaching

Get a FREE Detailed MBA Profile Evaluation | Call us now +91 98998 31738

Kudos [?]: 636 [1], given: 20

Top Contributor
1 KUDOS received
VP
VP
User avatar
S
Status: Top MBA Admissions Consultant
Joined: 24 Jul 2011
Posts: 1342

Kudos [?]: 636 [1], given: 20

GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V48
GRE 1: 1540 Q800 V740
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Nov 2016, 21:34
1
This post received
KUDOS
Top Contributor
Kaustubh_TFI wrote:
Hello Club!
I will be applying to ISB R-2 for the class of 2018.
Would appreciate an evaluation of my profile:
10th (SSC) : 86.00
12th(HSC): 69.71
B.E (Electrical Engineering, GHRCE, Nagpur University) : 7.64/10

Work Exp:
Fellow, Teach For India: 2 years (Taught in a Bombay Municipality School of a low income community for 2 years)
Associate, Indian Political Action Committee: 6 months (Supervised election strategy and campaigning for 10 Assembly Constituencies in Punjab)

Volunteering:
AIESEC in Nagpur: Vice President, Marketing and Information Management: 2 years

I'm yet to take the GMAT. What would be a good score to get a sure shot call with the hindsight of my profile?


Hi Kaustubh

- The TFI experience will be a big plus and establishes your leadership clearly. The I-PAC experience helps as well.
- Are you currently with I-PAC full-time? If not, and there is a gap, this might be a bit of a negative.
- Target 700+ on the GMAT, and in your case, clarity of career goals and the need for an MBA will be important. What do you plan to do post-MBA?
_________________

GyanOne | Top MBA Rankings and MBA Admissions Blog

Top MBA Admissions Consulting | Top MiM Admissions Consulting

Premium MBA Essay Review|Best MBA Interview Preparation|Exclusive GMAT coaching

Get a FREE Detailed MBA Profile Evaluation | Call us now +91 98998 31738

Kudos [?]: 636 [1], given: 20

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 01 Nov 2016
Posts: 2

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 3

Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Nov 2016, 03:41
GyanOne wrote:
Kaustubh_TFI wrote:
Hello Club!
I will be applying to ISB R-2 for the class of 2018.
Would appreciate an evaluation of my profile:
10th (SSC) : 86.00
12th(HSC): 69.71
B.E (Electrical Engineering, GHRCE, Nagpur University) : 7.64/10

Work Exp:
Fellow, Teach For India: 2 years (Taught in a Bombay Municipality School of a low income community for 2 years)
Associate, Indian Political Action Committee: 6 months (Supervised election strategy and campaigning for 10 Assembly Constituencies in Punjab)

Volunteering:
AIESEC in Nagpur: Vice President, Marketing and Information Management: 2 years

I'm yet to take the GMAT. What would be a good score to get a sure shot call with the hindsight of my profile?


Hi Kaustubh

- The TFI experience will be a big plus and establishes your leadership clearly. The I-PAC experience helps as well.
- Are you currently with I-PAC full-time? If not, and there is a gap, this might be a bit of a negative.
- Target 700+ on the GMAT, and in your case, clarity of career goals and the need for an MBA will be important. What do you plan to do post-MBA?


Hi GyanOne,
Thank you for your prompt response.

I graduted in April'14 and started pursuing my fellowship in May'14 which commenced in April'16. I joined IPAC in May'16 and left in the first week of October'16 to prepare for the GMAT in Jan as the unforgiving working hours (~12hours) wouldn't allow me to work and prep for GMAT simultaneously.
Indian Polity and Education are my core areas of interest and I want to integrate them in the long term as I plan to start an initiative in my home state which not only educates the electorate but also empowers them to make an informed decision while casting their votes. I believe we can practice transparent and incorruptible elections free from communalism and electoral fraud.
ISB has a core strength in consulting and offers proven learning methods which nurture entrepreneurship, ethics and leadership. That is precisely what I need to further build my skill sets, crystallize my vision and forge a network of leaders supporting this mission.

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 3

Top Contributor
1 KUDOS received
VP
VP
User avatar
S
Status: Top MBA Admissions Consultant
Joined: 24 Jul 2011
Posts: 1342

Kudos [?]: 636 [1], given: 20

GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V48
GRE 1: 1540 Q800 V740
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Nov 2016, 04:18
1
This post received
KUDOS
Top Contributor
Quote:
Hi GyanOne,
Thank you for your prompt response.

I graduted in April'14 and started pursuing my fellowship in May'14 which commenced in April'16. I joined IPAC in May'16 and left in the first week of October'16 to prepare for the GMAT in Jan as the unforgiving working hours (~12hours) wouldn't allow me to work and prep for GMAT simultaneously.
Indian Polity and Education are my core areas of interest and I want to integrate them in the long term as I plan to start an initiative in my home state which not only educates the electorate but also empowers them to make an informed decision while casting their votes. I believe we can practice transparent and incorruptible elections free from communalism and electoral fraud.
ISB has a core strength in consulting and offers proven learning methods which nurture entrepreneurship, ethics and leadership. That is precisely what I need to further build my skill sets, crystallize my vision and forge a network of leaders supporting this mission.


Hi Kaustubh

While we understand your vision and your intentions (and also acknowledge that you have certainly walked the talk with respect to these unlike many others who just state such ambitions), you must also keep the following in mind:
- The goal you state here will need to be shaped much more to appeal to ISB. As of now, this is more of a vision than a tangible target. The connection to an MBA is also not strong at this point (we understand you will shape it further)
- While a short break from work (1-2 months) is ok, do not extend it beyond as it will begin to hurt your application. Most people take the GMAT and apply while also working full-time, so taking time off for this may be seen as an aberration.
_________________

GyanOne | Top MBA Rankings and MBA Admissions Blog

Top MBA Admissions Consulting | Top MiM Admissions Consulting

Premium MBA Essay Review|Best MBA Interview Preparation|Exclusive GMAT coaching

Get a FREE Detailed MBA Profile Evaluation | Call us now +91 98998 31738

Kudos [?]: 636 [1], given: 20

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 27 Sep 2015
Posts: 1

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 1

Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Nov 2016, 10:02
Hi!

I am a 2014 engineering graduate (5 year Dual Degree program - B.Tech+M.Tech). Please evaluate my profile:

Work Experience: 1. Business Analyst, ZS Associates, Analytics Consulting (20 months)
2. Analyst - Risk and Info Management II, American Express (8 months)

Graduation College: IIT Kharagpur

GPA: 9.37/10 (3.75 on a scale of 4)

GMAT: 760 (Q-51, V-40)

Extra-curriculars: Co-ordinator of department fest,
President/Secretary of college chapter of EWB (Engineers Without Borders - social organization); 2 years

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 1

Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 30 Jul 2011
Posts: 125

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 190

Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.68
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Nov 2016, 10:06
arpitrohatgi wrote:
Hi!

I am a 2014 engineering graduate (5 year Dual Degree program - B.Tech+M.Tech). Please evaluate my profile:

Work Experience: 1. Business Analyst, ZS Associates, Analytics Consulting (20 months)
2. Analyst - Risk and Info Management II, American Express (8 months)

Graduation College: IIT Kharagpur

GPA: 9.37/10 (3.75 on a scale of 4)

GMAT: 760 (Q-51, V-40)

Extra-curriculars: Co-ordinator of department fest,
President/Secretary of college chapter of EWB (Engineers Without Borders - social organization); 2 years


If you crack the interview, think your admission would be a breeze.

Kudos [?]: 12 [0], given: 190

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 11 Apr 2016
Posts: 12

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Location: India
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.41
WE: Project Management (Manufacturing)
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Nov 2016, 02:34
Hi all,

If anyone has the time, can you please help evaluate my Profile:

GMAT Score : 730 (Q 49, V40, IR7, AWA : Still to recieve)
Gender: Male
Age:27
Bachelors: B Tech Chemical ( WBUT)
CGPA: 8.54
10th: 87.6
12th: 87.8

Work Ex:
Industry: Gases Industry, Sector: Project Management
2011-2012 : Project Management : Responsible for logistics, Vendor Management and material expedition.
2012-2014 : Site Construction - Responsible for Erection of Piping and Equipment for Nitrogen and VPSA Plants.
2014-2015 : Site and Project Closing - Final Closure and Payment settlement with both contractor and Client
2015-Present : Project Planning and Scheduling - Maintaining L2,L3 Schedules for various projects and creating monthly reports for review and redressal of delays.

Employed in a leading EPC MNC which is the market leader in the gases sector.

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 0

Expert Post
Admission Consultant
User avatar
S
Joined: 16 Jan 2012
Posts: 940

Kudos [?]: 147 [0], given: 50

Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Nov 2016, 09:08
aurko wrote:
Hi all,

If anyone has the time, can you please help evaluate my Profile:

GMAT Score : 730 (Q 49, V40, IR7, AWA : Still to recieve)
Gender: Male
Age:27
Bachelors: B Tech Chemical ( WBUT)
CGPA: 8.54
10th: 87.6
12th: 87.8

Work Ex:
Industry: Gases Industry, Sector: Project Management
2011-2012 : Project Management : Responsible for logistics, Vendor Management and material expedition.
2012-2014 : Site Construction - Responsible for Erection of Piping and Equipment for Nitrogen and VPSA Plants.
2014-2015 : Site and Project Closing - Final Closure and Payment settlement with both contractor and Client
2015-Present : Project Planning and Scheduling - Maintaining L2,L3 Schedules for various projects and creating monthly reports for review and redressal of delays.

Employed in a leading EPC MNC which is the market leader in the gases sector.


Hi Aurko,

You have a great GMAT score and substantial experience.
Key to admissions will be submitting a competitive application. Focus upon the non technical aspects of your work experience - the leadership skills and other soft skills. Also clear career goals and the need for an MBA will help in making your case stronger.

Reach out if you wish to discuss further
_________________

Namita Garg,
http://www.mbadecoder.com
+91 9901566772

Contact us at: contact@mbadecoder.com

Ask for a FREE profile evaluation HERE


Featured among the top 25 Women CEOs in India, in the CEO Magazine

Kudos [?]: 147 [0], given: 50

Expert Post
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
S
Joined: 04 Jun 2010
Posts: 320

Kudos [?]: 32 [0], given: 0

Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Nov 2016, 10:04
aurko wrote:
Hi all,

If anyone has the time, can you please help evaluate my Profile:

GMAT Score : 730 (Q 49, V40, IR7, AWA : Still to recieve)
Gender: Male
Age:27
Bachelors: B Tech Chemical ( WBUT)
CGPA: 8.54
10th: 87.6
12th: 87.8

Work Ex:
Industry: Gases Industry, Sector: Project Management
2011-2012 : Project Management : Responsible for logistics, Vendor Management and material expedition.
2012-2014 : Site Construction - Responsible for Erection of Piping and Equipment for Nitrogen and VPSA Plants.
2014-2015 : Site and Project Closing - Final Closure and Payment settlement with both contractor and Client
2015-Present : Project Planning and Scheduling - Maintaining L2,L3 Schedules for various projects and creating monthly reports for review and redressal of delays.

Employed in a leading EPC MNC which is the market leader in the gases sector.



Your overall candidature is pretty strong. 730 on GMAT is good and diverse sector experience will help. Project mgmt, vendor mgmt and logistics experience can be used well to differentiate yourself from other applicants.

Research your post MBA goals well. If you can make a coherent story and link it with your pre MBA experience, you stand a good chance.

Feel free to contact us if you have any queries.

Apphelp Team
_________________

Apphelp : India's # 1 MBA admissions consultancy
-----------------------------------------------
Confused about MBA application strategy? Need help with Essay Review? Need mock interviews?
All these questions have a single answer : APPHELP
Phone: +91 9871354580
Email: info@apphelp.co.in
Website: http://www.apphelp.co.in
Blog: http://www.blog.apphelp.co.in

Kudos [?]: 32 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 18 Apr 2016
Posts: 41

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

Location: India
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
GPA: 3
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Nov 2016, 06:54
Hi,

Please evaluate my profile for ISB.

Here is my brief Profile:

Indian Male , 29 yrs

UG : B tech Civil Engg - 2009 Passout , IIT Delhi
UG - CGPA : 6.5 /10 (Was working part time for the most part.. to provide financial support to my family)

Certifications :
Passed CT-3(Probability and Stochastic) Actuarial exam (8% passing rate. 2009)
CFA Level 1 Pass (Top bracket in all subjects , 2010)

Work Exp :
7+ yrs in Marketing Analytics and Consulting (5 yrs in 2 Top International Banks).
Spent first 2 years in 2 start ups. First one got shut down in an year and in the second one I got a promotion within 6 months as a recognition for my performance. Left it after an year after getting a better opportunity.
Currently Managing a portfolio strategy team, consisting of 4 Data analysts, of cards portfolio in my current role for last 2 years;
Had played an instrumental role in setting up an offshore Analytics team(5 members) in the past for an International Bank;
4 yrs of Total experience in leading the teams.
Consistently Top Rated among my peer group. Rated best among my peer group twice in last 4 years across 2 international banks as an senior analyst and now as a manager.
Machine learning and statistics trainer In my organization.
4 professional awards. 3 in last 2 years

Extracurricular
Long distance running 10K 21K
Recently joined Toastmasters
Plays Football and Cricket Regularly and used to play Lawn Tennis during IIT days.
Dramatics and Sports Extracurriculars during BTech

GMAT : 740



Sent from my ONE A2003 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

Expert Post
Admission Consultant
User avatar
S
Joined: 16 Jan 2012
Posts: 940

Kudos [?]: 147 [0], given: 50

Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Nov 2016, 07:46
deepds wrote:
Hi,

Please evaluate my profile for ISB.

Here is my brief Profile:

Indian Male , 29 yrs

UG : B tech Civil Engg - 2009 Passout , IIT Delhi
UG - CGPA : 6.5 /10 (Was working part time for the most part.. to provide financial support to my family)

Certifications :
Passed CT-3(Probability and Stochastic) Actuarial exam (8% passing rate. 2009)
CFA Level 1 Pass (Top bracket in all subjects , 2010)

Work Exp :
7+ yrs in Marketing Analytics and Consulting (5 yrs in 2 Top International Banks).
Spent first 2 years in 2 start ups. First one got shut down in an year and in the second one I got a promotion within 6 months as a recognition for my performance. Left it after an year after getting a better opportunity.
Currently Managing a portfolio strategy team, consisting of 4 Data analysts, of cards portfolio in my current role for last 2 years;
Had played an instrumental role in setting up an offshore Analytics team(5 members) in the past for an International Bank;
4 yrs of Total experience in leading the teams.
Consistently Top Rated among my peer group. Rated best among my peer group twice in last 4 years across 2 international banks as an senior analyst and now as a manager.
Machine learning and statistics trainer In my organization.
4 professional awards. 3 in last 2 years

Extracurricular
Long distance running 10K 21K
Recently joined Toastmasters
Plays Football and Cricket Regularly and used to play Lawn Tennis during IIT days.
Dramatics and Sports Extracurriculars during BTech

GMAT : 740



Sent from my ONE A2003 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app



Great profile.
What you will need to work upon is, pitting up a meaningful career story - what are your career goals? Are they possible to attain through ISB (if not make that clear that you will find yourself a job)? And why do you want an MBA now at this point in your career?

Do reach out if you'd want to discuss in more detail.
_________________

Namita Garg,
http://www.mbadecoder.com
+91 9901566772

Contact us at: contact@mbadecoder.com

Ask for a FREE profile evaluation HERE


Featured among the top 25 Women CEOs in India, in the CEO Magazine

Kudos [?]: 147 [0], given: 50

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 18 Apr 2016
Posts: 41

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

Location: India
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
GPA: 3
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Nov 2016, 09:06
MBADecoder wrote:
deepds wrote:
Hi,

Please evaluate my profile for ISB.

Here is my brief Profile:

Indian Male , 29 yrs

UG : B tech Civil Engg - 2009 Passout , IIT Delhi
UG - CGPA : 6.5 /10 (Was working part time for the most part.. to provide financial support to my family)

Certifications :
Passed CT-3(Probability and Stochastic) Actuarial exam (8% passing rate. 2009)
CFA Level 1 Pass (Top bracket in all subjects , 2010)

Work Exp :
7+ yrs in Marketing Analytics and Consulting (5 yrs in 2 Top International Banks).
Spent first 2 years in 2 start ups. First one got shut down in an year and in the second one I got a promotion within 6 months as a recognition for my performance. Left it after an year after getting a better opportunity.
Currently Managing a portfolio strategy team, consisting of 4 Data analysts, of cards portfolio in my current role for last 2 years;
Had played an instrumental role in setting up an offshore Analytics team(5 members) in the past for an International Bank;
4 yrs of Total experience in leading the teams.
Consistently Top Rated among my peer group. Rated best among my peer group twice in last 4 years across 2 international banks as an senior analyst and now as a manager.
Machine learning and statistics trainer In my organization.
4 professional awards. 3 in last 2 years

Extracurricular
Long distance running 10K 21K
Recently joined Toastmasters
Plays Football and Cricket Regularly and used to play Lawn Tennis during IIT days.
Dramatics and Sports Extracurriculars during BTech

GMAT : 740



Sent from my ONE A2003 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app



Great profile.
What you will need to work upon is, pitting up a meaningful career story - what are your career goals? Are they possible to attain through ISB (if not make that clear that you will find yourself a job)? And why do you want an MBA now at this point in your career?

Do reach out if you'd want to discuss in more detail.

Thanks for your response.

Since most of my experience has been in Marketing analytics and I have worked extensively with Strategy/Product teams , I believe a move to a Strategy/Product manager roles in Banks , Retail or e-commerce companies post my mba will be a good career advancement for me.
And a lot of companies hire from ISB for such roles.

I have a few questions though.

1. How much of a deterrent will be my Undergrad gpa? And should I try to Improve my Gmat further to compensate for that? Will a CFA L2 next June'17 help if I think about applying next year?

2. Do you believe working for so many organizations in my 7+ years of WE will be a negative? And how do you think I can compensate for that.

3. I don't have any ECs with leadership experience.. though I have been doing project management for Some time.. will it be a red flag on my application?

Look forward to hearing your thoughts.

Thanks

Sent from my ONE A2003 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 20 Jul 2014
Posts: 90

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Nov 2016, 02:28
Hello,


Nationality- Indian
Gender- Female
Xth- 69%
XIIth - 85%
Undergrad- B.Tech. in Electrical and Electronics Engineering from 'Park college of Engineering and Technology' affiliated to Anna University, Chennai
CGPA- 7.9/10
TOEFL- Yet to take
GMAT- 630 ( Q-46, V-31, AWA-3.5, IR-4)

Work Exp :
1. Worked for 4.2 years in Infosys. Progression from systems engineer to senior systems engineer.
- Handled several modules for US based client project, completed tasks as a sole person within tight deadlines and trained and mentored many new comers.
- Took many certifications within Infosys during the same timeline.
- Infosys Appreciation certificates and client appreciation certificate.

Volunteer Experience :
1. Involved in education of poor kids and other extra curricular activities at a local NGO.
2. Was a volunteer Animal Welfare NGO in the past for animal rescue.
3. Volunteer at Rotary club for education of kids and spreading awareness to them for maintenance of hygiene.

Extra Curricular:
1. Literary Captain of school for 2 years.
2. Certificate for presentation of research papers in National Level conference, Twice.

Do I have a chance at ISB ?

Many Thanks :-D

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 20 Jul 2014
Posts: 90

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Nov 2016, 02:29
Hello,


Nationality- Indian
Gender- Female
Xth- 69%
XIIth - 85%
Undergrad- B.Tech. in Electrical and Electronics Engineering from 'Park college of Engineering and Technology' affiliated to Anna University, Chennai
CGPA- 7.9/10
TOEFL- Yet to take
GMAT- 630 ( Q-46, V-31, AWA-3.5, IR-4)

Work Exp :
1. Worked for 4.2 years in Infosys. Progression from systems engineer to senior systems engineer.
- Handled several modules for US based client project, completed tasks as a sole person within tight deadlines and trained and mentored many new comers.
- Took many certifications within Infosys during the same timeline.
- Infosys Appreciation certificates and client appreciation certificate.

Volunteer Experience :
1. Involved in education of poor kids and other extra curricular activities at a local NGO.
2. Was a volunteer Animal Welfare NGO in the past for animal rescue.
3. Volunteer at Rotary club for education of kids and spreading awareness to them for maintenance of hygiene.

Extra Curricular:
1. Literary Captain of school for 2 years.
2. Certificate for presentation of research papers in National Level conference, Twice.

Do I have a chance at ISB ?

Many Thanks :-D

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 1

Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!   [#permalink] 16 Nov 2016, 02:29

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  16   17   18   19   20   21   22  ...  61    Next  [ 1218 posts ] 

    Similar topics Author Replies Last post
Similar
Topics:
9 EXPERTS_POSTS_IN_THIS_TOPIC ISB Class of 2015 - Calling all Admitted Students ankurgupta03 13 26 Feb 2014, 00:32
13 EXPERTS_POSTS_IN_THIS_TOPIC Collection of Important Posts from ISB Class of 2015 Discussion!! Narenn 0 20 Apr 2015, 07:36
30 EXPERTS_POSTS_IN_THIS_TOPIC ISB 2013 Calling All Applicants bb 95 27 Apr 2013, 04:06
EXPERTS_POSTS_IN_THIS_TOPIC Profile Evaluation for ISB-2015 (2016 Batch) himang 3 03 May 2015, 12:48
EXPERTS_POSTS_IN_THIS_TOPIC Profile Evaluation for ISB saileebh 3 19 Jun 2014, 23:35
Display posts from previous: Sort by

ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  


GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.