Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 02:25 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 02:25

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1585 [0]
Given Kudos: 33
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V48
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 237 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Schools: ISB (A)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 89 [0]
Given Kudos: 137
Concentration: Finance, Marketing
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44 (Online)
GPA: 3.98
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 45 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Re: ISB Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Kudos
Hello @ willacethis,
You have a good profile for the EEO. However, your current WE does not overtly lead to your goals. You may want to give it a little more thought or tweak your goals a little for the purpose of essays.
The first essay is about leadership, so probably you should reflect more on your style of leadership and think of examples from your internship, WE, EC, and college where you demonstrated those. Alternatively, you can think of examples where you demonstrated leadership and then conclude on the style of leadership you espouse to that will help you long term.
Hope this helps.
willacethis wrote:
Hi Experts

May I please request you to review my profile for ISB EEO and give your inputs on how I should position myself in both the essays of this year?

Some facts about myself:-

Short term goal- strategy consulting as a generalist and later specializing in FMCG department within the firm/business development role at a major FMCG company.
Long term goal- Globalizing a growing Indian FMCG startup.

Education:-

B.Com(Hons)- University of Delhi (GPA: 8.351) (good marks in quant subjects)
GMAT: 760 (Q49 V44)
10th-9.2/10
12th- 86.6/100 (lower marks in math)

Work experience- Audit Associate at KPMG since 1.5 yrs.

Done 3 internships in advisory, marketing, and finance domains.

Extra curriculars- Active in poetry (won several national/state level competitions), led the marketing department of a social organization.

For further details, I request you to briefly go through my CV.

Thanks for all your help!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 85
Schools: ISB'22 (WL)
GMAT 1: 680 Q50 V32
GPA: 4
Send PM
hello experts,

About Me: -Female, Indian
- graduated from IIT-BHU( GPA:4.0)
- 3 yrs experience of audit in CAG, Gov of India( currently working here)
- 6 month experience in R&D
- 2 yrs break because of preparation of UPSC

GMAT Score:- 680(Q50, V32)
Aiming for :- ISB

Extra-curricular:- currently working in a NGO called CRY from last 1 year( it is related child education)
- intern in CGCRI(CSIR) related to research
- some management activity during college time
Language:- hindi(native), English(second), french(elementary)
MBA Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 1036 [0]
Given Kudos: 63
Send PM
Expert Reply
anisinghal wrote:
hello experts,

Extra-curricular:- currently working in a NGO called CRY from last 1 year( it is related child education)

Hi anisinghal,

Your profile is diverse wrt the applicant pool at ISB and the Gmat score complements the profile well. Let us know your post PGP goals. Also did you clear UPSC exams and then got the CAG role?
You'd have to explain in the 2nd essay on why you're moving out of something in 3ish years for which you worked on for 2 years (regardless of the UPSC outcome).

Regards,
Manan

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 85
Schools: ISB'22 (WL)
GMAT 1: 680 Q50 V32
GPA: 4
Send PM
S4G wrote:
anisinghal wrote:
hello experts,

Hi anisinghal,

Your profile is diverse wrt the applicant pool at ISB and the Gmat score complements the profile well. Let us know your post PGP goals. Also did you clear UPSC exams and then got the CAG role?
You'd have to explain in the 2nd essay on why you're moving out of something in 3ish years for which you worked on for 2 years (regardless of the UPSC outcome).

Regards,
Manan

Thanks for your reply.
No, I didn't clear UPSC and got this JOB through SSC.
My goal is to go into an organisation such as consultancy where I can learn new things and come across diverse work. This is the reason I am leaving government organisation as it has very monotonous work.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Schools: ISB '20 (A)
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
WE:Sales (Retail Banking)
Send PM
ISB PGP Program is designed for experienced folks and gets candidates across experience bands starting from 2 years to 20 years. We realize that students with high experience come with a different set of challenges and expectations with respect to their MBA journey starting from queries regarding selection in the program, what to expect from the MBA year, placements, and so on.

As isb @PGP round 1 admission are coming close, we are planning to host a webinar this Saturday to clarify such queries especially by sharing our personal experiences and look to expand the Senior Executive Alumni community. Our endeavour is to equip candidates with right information that will help them in taking right decision and maximizing their return from the MBA program.

Who are We?
We are Alums from the Class of 2020 with more than 8 years of pre-ISB experience. We come from diverse backgrounds and look to help you in your ISB journey.

Please spread the word in your network if they can be benefitted from this!

Thank you!

Please fill in the below form to register your interest:

https://forms.gle/Mifx7wS2ZT7u5EGc8
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Schools: ISB'22
Send PM
Hello all This is Raja Kashyap a petroleum engineer with 4 years of experience in oil and gas industry, . My gmat is on 10th sept. I’m getting a consistent score of 710-740 on mocks . I wanted to know my probability of getting an admission from experts.

Industry: oil and gas drilling rigs,
Designation: driller working in harsh conditions in thar desert for oil exploration
QUALIFICATION: M.Tech in petroleum exploration from Andhra University with 85%

Accomplishments: successfully mitigated oil rig blowouts under extreme risk environment to save the company assets as well as crew members within minimum down time

Reason for mba: interested to move in to the operational side, more into non carbon clean technologies which are going to be the new normal in the coming years.

Please do let me know my chances for ISB, also is there a R2 this year and when can we expect one
GMAT Club Reviews PM Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 754 [0]
Given Kudos: 522
Schools: ISB'22 (D)
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V34
GPA: 3.3
Send PM
Rajakashyap, we already have a dedicated topic for ISB related profile evaluations, so please post your evaluation request at https://gmatclub.com/forum/profile-eval ... l#p2568608.

R2 deadline date is TBD.
MBA and Beyond Consulting
Status:MBA Admissions Consulting from INSEAD, Wharton and Columbia graduates
Affiliations: INSEAD and Harvard
Own Kudos [?]: 350 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi Rajakashyap,

On the surface, you seem to stand a fair shot at ISB's MBA program. If you get your GMAT sorted, academically, it should put you at an advantage. About your work, I only know one of your accomplishments which is great. But you need more leadership roles and stories of impact to bring a strong story out. Also, I would advise you to bring in your application, especially for ISB, your hobbies, and interests, and any extracurricular activities you are involved in. For your post-MBA goals, I liked them but make them more concrete. About your query of R2, I think it should be starting by the end of the year (seeing the past trends and R1 procedure). To give a better and more comprehensive evaluation, I need to know more about your professional experiences and other aspects of your profile. You are welcome to hop on a call with us to brainstorm your chances together. Feel free to book our calendar as per your convenience.

Cheers!
Kashish Garg
Community Manager, MBA and Beyond

On behalf of
Shantanu Sharma,
Founder and Admissions Consultant, MBA and Beyond
Schedule a free session
Email: shantanu@mbaandbeyond.com
What s app: +65-97158525
Call: +49-15212121641

Rajakashyap wrote:
Hello all This is Raja Kashyap a petroleum engineer with 4 years of experience in oil and gas industry, . My gmat is on 10th sept. I’m getting a consistent score of 710-740 on mocks . I wanted to know my probability of getting an admission from experts.

Industry: oil and gas drilling rigs,
Designation: driller working in harsh conditions in thar desert for oil exploration
QUALIFICATION: M.Tech in petroleum exploration from Andhra University with 85%

Accomplishments: successfully mitigated oil rig blowouts under extreme risk environment to save the company assets as well as crew members within minimum down time

Reason for mba: interested to move in to the operational side, more into non carbon clean technologies which are going to be the new normal in the coming years.

Please do let me know my chances for ISB, also is there a R2 this year and when can we expect one
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 189
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
Send PM
Hi Experts,

May I request you to evaluate my profile. I plan to apply for an MBA at ISB starting Aug'21.

About Me:
Currently, I am working as a Senior Risk Analyst, formulating and implementing strategies to minimize credit and fraud risk for a leading financial services corporation. I have also worked as a Consultant for a leading US luxury retailer, devising innovative strategies to drive business sales.

Undergrad School: IIT Guwahati (Biotech) CGPA: 8.5/10
GMAT: 720 (V40, Q49)
Work Experience : 3 years

Post-MBA Goal:
Aim to expand into a strategy consulting role at MBB/Kearney. Also, open to exploring the field of entrepreneurship.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 45 [0]
Send PM
Hello Dishi,

You have a sound profile and GMAT score for ISB. Just work on putting together a great application now. Remember to show focus in terms of your goal (have one goal versus two), bring out impact and leadership stories form your work experience, and your EC and volunteering initiatives.
Good luck!
Dishi wrote:
Hi Experts,

May I request you to evaluate my profile. I plan to apply for an MBA at ISB starting Aug'21.

About Me:
Currently, I am working as a Senior Risk Analyst, formulating and implementing strategies to minimize credit and fraud risk for a leading financial services corporation. I have also worked as a Consultant for a leading US luxury retailer, devising innovative strategies to drive business sales.

Undergrad School: IIT Guwahati (Biotech) CGPA: 8.5/10
GMAT: 720 (V40, Q49)
Work Experience : 3 years

Post-MBA Goal:
Aim to expand into a strategy consulting role at MBB/Kearney. Also, open to exploring the field of entrepreneurship.

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools: ISB'22 (D)
GRE 1: Q170 V157
GPA: 3.31
Send PM
Hi All,

I'd be grateful if you could take some time out to evaluate my profile.

I've been working as a software engineer at a Fin-tech startup for the past 14 months. Will be applying as an EEO applicant.

Gender, Age
Male, 23.

Education:
- B.TECH, VIT Vellore (Computer Science) - 8.27 CGPA
- 12th - 81.4%
- 10th - 9.0 GPA

GRE Score:
- 327 (170 Q, 157 V, 4.5 AWA)

Extracurriculars:
- Captain of my School football team. Participated in a few tournaments.
- Part of the School cricket team, won a district level Cricket competition.
- Member of the Quiz Club in my College.
- Manager at Google Developers Group in my College. Organised a plethora of events.
- Avid runner and taken part in multiple charity runs.

Post-ISB goals
- I would like to make the jump into the product side of things. Though having worked primarily in tech, I've taken a keen interest and collaborated with the product team on a few major projects.
Own Kudos [?]: 350 [1]
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi soham2,

On the surface, your profile seems great. Your stats are amazing with a great GRE score, so this part is sorted. You have a 14-month experience which is good for EEO but to evaluate more and better, I need to know more details, like if you have taken some leadership projects or what is the impact of your role in the company? Also, since you are applying through the Early entry option, you need very strong ECs. While the ECs you have listed are interesting, they are a bit outdated. It would be great if you bring out something that you do now. It can be anything, your community service (maybe in the times of COVID), your hobbies, interests, anything beyond work that you do now for stress buster. Your Post-MBA goals make sense, just try to correct the narrative and vision to ISB's values. I would reiterate to know some more details. Alternatively, you are welcome to hop on a call sometime this week to discuss your work experience, career goals, and chances to some good schools in detail. Feel free to book a free session with us as per your convenience.

Cheers!
Kashish Garg

On behalf of
Shantanu Sharma,
Schedule a free session
Email: shantanu@mbaandbeyond.com
What s app: +65-97158525
soham2 wrote:
Hi All,

I'd be grateful if you could take some time out to evaluate my profile.

I've been working as a software engineer at a Fin-tech startup for the past 14 months. Will be applying as an EEO applicant.

Gender, Age
Male, 23.

Education:
- B.TECH, VIT Vellore (Computer Science) - 8.27 CGPA
- 12th - 81.4%
- 10th - 9.0 GPA

GRE Score:
- 327 (170 Q, 157 V, 4.5 AWA)

Extracurriculars:
- Captain of my School football team. Participated in a few tournaments.
- Part of the School cricket team, won a district level Cricket competition.
- Member of the Quiz Club in my College.
- Manager at Google Developers Group in my College. Organised a plethora of events.
- Avid runner and taken part in multiple charity runs.

Post-ISB goals
- I would like to make the jump into the product side of things. Though having worked primarily in tech, I've taken a keen interest and collaborated with the product team on a few major projects.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [0]
Given Kudos: 662
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V44 (Online)
GPA: 3.06
Send PM
Hi experts,

I'd appreciate if you could provide your perspective and evaluate my profile.

Name: Vivek

Education:
10th- 93% (ICSE: 2011)
12th- 96% (State board: 2013)
Undergrad- 81% (2017: Btech Applied Petroleum Engineering; not a Tier-1 university)
GMAT- n/a (realistic target: 720)

Work-ex:
Royal Dutch Shell (2017-)
-36 months experience
-Early promotion in 2019
-Build advanced BI dashboards; multiple techno-functional projects
-Interact with stakeholders on diff. continents on a daily basis.
- Worked for 4 months out of Netherlands last year for a project
- Generated 1 million+ dollars savings for assets in Qatar, Australia etc. in one project
- 3 month internship in a city gas distribution company in 2016.
- CFA Level 1 cleared

EC: (pre-2017)
- Part of multiple student societies in college
- Publicity head of technical student chapter, lead team of 10, improved student outreach by 40%
- National level quizzer, 2010-11
- Student placement rep
- Theater actor/mime artist, won a few comp here and there

(Post-2017)
- Recognized for 2 month long sensitisation program on POSH, through theater in 2018
- Lead an employee network; team of 25 experienced professionals (face time with senior execs)
- Used the above opportunity to devise and launch Reverse Mentoring for 50 senior team leaders including VPs (each leader has min. team of 300 ppl) based out of Chennai, Hague, Manila.
- D&I Champ. Award

Volunteering: interspersed
-not sure if I can validate it on paper as it was just volunteering; unsure how this works.

After MBA:
Intend to move into a role that helps social enterprises generate sustainable returns and help them scale up(using knowledge of data/energy/finance). Open to both consultancy/finance routes as I believe the roles will overlap quite a bit in this space, but this is where and why I feel an MBA is required.

Thanks a lot for your time. I got into IE Business School, 2020 but had to cancel my process due to Covid. Feel ISB is a different ball game as I'm a GEM. Cheers.

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [0]
Given Kudos: 64
Schools: ISB'22 (I)
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V38
Send PM
Hi,
Kindly evaluate my profile.

Age 25, Female
GMAT - 710
Qualified CA
84% in 10th & 88% in 12th
Work ex - 4 years
Employer - Bank based out of UK, I work in a unit in Mumbai
Core Responsibilities - Analyse client financials and repayment capacity time to time. Keep an eye on potential risk and flag it off. Regularly connect with UK colleagues.
Worked on a project aimed to calculate employee productivity on floor.
Organised and supported in organising various events at workplace.
Volunteering since 3 years. Supported in fund raising, coastal cleanup, connected with hospitals that treat underprivileged kids suffering from cancer etc.
Part of NSS program during class 11 & 12. Involved staying in villages to impart awareness.

Post MBA goal - Move into management consultancy and grow in heirarchy
MBA Expert
Own Kudos [?]: 1036 [1]
Given Kudos: 63
Send PM
Expert Reply
VV21 wrote:
Hi experts,

I'd appreciate if you could provide your perspective and evaluate my profile.

Name: Vivek

Education:
10th- 93% (ICSE: 2011)
12th- 96% (State board: 2013)
Undergrad- 81% (2017: Btech Applied Petroleum Engineering; not a Tier-1 university)
GMAT- n/a (realistic target: 720)

Work-ex:
Royal Dutch Shell (2017-)
-36 months experience
-Early promotion in 2019
-Build advanced BI dashboards; multiple techno-functional projects
-Interact with stakeholders on diff. continents on a daily basis.
- Worked for 4 months out of Netherlands last year for a project
- Generated 1 million+ dollars savings for assets in Qatar, Australia etc. in one project
- 3 month internship in a city gas distribution company in 2016.
- CFA Level 1 cleared

EC: (pre-2017)
- Part of multiple student societies in college
- Publicity head of technical student chapter, lead team of 10, improved student outreach by 40%
- National level quizzer, 2010-11
- Student placement rep
- Theater actor/mime artist, won a few comp here and there

(Post-2017)
- Recognized for 2 month long sensitisation program on POSH, through theater in 2018
- Lead an employee network; team of 25 experienced professionals (face time with senior execs)
- Used the above opportunity to devise and launch Reverse Mentoring for 50 senior team leaders including VPs (each leader has min. team of 300 ppl) based out of Chennai, Hague, Manila.
- D&I Champ. Award

Volunteering: interspersed
-not sure if I can validate it on paper as it was just volunteering; unsure how this works.

After MBA:
Intend to move into a role that helps social enterprises generate sustainable returns and help them scale up(using knowledge of data/energy/finance). Open to both consultancy/finance routes as I believe the roles will overlap quite a bit in this space, but this is where and why I feel an MBA is required.

Thanks a lot for your time. I got into IE Business School, 2020 but had to cancel my process due to Covid. Feel ISB is a different ball game as I'm a GEM. Cheers.

Hi VV21,

You have a good profile overall. The acads are decent and CFA L1 is a good signal towards your intended path within financial services. Your efforts around POSH and D&I will be appreciated as these are priorities for almost all the corporates around. The volunteering experience need not be justified on paper, the ISB alum who will interview you would easily be able to gauge the sanctity of it.
Regarding your goals, Consulting and Financial Services are good target sectors. However, there isn't much you've done or shown inclination towards in your profile which validates a career in the social sector or social enterprises. Hence, do explain it well in your goals.
ISB looks for gems within GEMs and your profile can be one of those. :) Do make sure you get a 700+ on the GMAT.
All the best!

Cheers,
Manan
Co-founder, S4G | ISB Class of 2013
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi Sejal16,

On the surface, your profile looks great. Starting with stats, they all are in alignment with the ISB average and you are a CA, so academics should put you at an advantage. Your work profile looks quantitative, a quality b-schools stress. Also, you have international experience, another big plus. Your ECs too seem interesting and you can capitalize on your story of staying in villages because definitely one can learn a lot from "rural India". But I can not find leadership in your profile. I believe you can find leadership experience in your work or during your volunteering program if you dig deeper. So, overall a good profile. The more important part is connecting all the experiential dots and crafting an amazing application. You are welcome to hop on a call sometime this week to discuss your work experience, career goals, and chances to some good schools in detail. Feel free to book a free session with us as per your convenience.

Cheers!
Kashish Garg

On behalf of
Shantanu Sharma,
Schedule a free session

Sejal16 wrote:
Hi,

Age 25, Female
GMAT - 710
Qualified CA
Work ex - 4 years
Core Responsibilities - Analyse client financials and repayment capacity time to time. Keep an eye on potential risk and flag it off. Regularly connect with UK colleagues.
Volunteering since 3 years. Supported in fund raising, coastal cleanup, connected with hospitals that treat underprivileged kids suffering from cancer etc.
Part of NSS program during class 11 & 12. Involved staying in villages to impart awareness.

Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi Sejal16,

On the surface, your profile looks great. Starting with stats, they all are in alignment with the ISB average and you are a CA, so academics should put you at an advantage. Your work profile looks quantitative, a quality b-schools stress. Also, you have international experience, another big plus. Your ECs too seem interesting and you can capitalize on your story of staying in villages because definitely one can learn a lot from "rural India". But I can not find leadership in your profile. I believe you can find leadership experience in your work or during your volunteering program if you dig deeper. So, overall a good profile. The more important part is connecting all the experiential dots and crafting an amazing application. You are welcome to hop on a call sometime this week to discuss your work experience, career goals, and chances to some good schools in detail. Feel free to book a free session with us as per your convenience.

Cheers!
Kashish Garg

On behalf of
Shantanu Sharma,
Schedule a free session

Sejal16 wrote:
Hi,

Age 25, Female
GMAT - 710
Qualified CA
Work ex - 4 years

GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  191   192   193   194   195  ...  307