It is currently 19 Nov 2017, 09:46

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 17 Oct 2013
Posts: 8

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 1

Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Mar 2016, 11:11
Guys i will be applying for next year. I am yet to give Gmat , please help in evaluating my profile and the pitfalls...

School-Many debate and declamation certificates ...............

10th-81.2% 12th-73% Btech-73.4%

Btech- 4 years fest registration coordinator + fest organiser in collegue

Pradhan mantri scholarship during btech ................

Marketting job-2 months (online blogger,online marketting executive,Facebook marketting) .....................

Financial work- Postgraduation diploma in banking services-7.87 cgpa

3months internship and work at axis bank

Nism certification mutual funds certified national level certificate

Nism certification depository National level certificate....................

Worked as system engineer in infosys for U.S. company(Tesla motors) International work experience of around 1.5 month at client location in Netherlands.

Best performer of the team for many months. Got rolling trophy for that.

Acting team lead. ....................

PHP Certified, Few Internal Certifications.

. Hobby- i have a keen interest in graphology( handwriting analysis.) I am a certified handwriting specialist from graphology school of india. I am a certified signature specialist from graphology school of india......

. I am also associated with ngo's and network of students who do events for a cause in schools and all...

CRY - International level ngo .i work as online volunteer for that. ......

Joined another Network- organized events in schools worked for cause and taught students ....................

Total wrk ex 39months at time of applying

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 1

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 11 Mar 2015
Posts: 2

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

WE: Management Consulting (Consulting)
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Mar 2016, 08:48
Hi,

I would like to know the strength of my profile for ISB Early Entry Program, please tell me what are pros and cons

10th and 12th - 82.5%
Bachelors from - Vellore Institute of Technology ( one among the top reputed colleges in India)
Bachelors Degree - B.Tech & Electronics and Communication Engineering
CGPA - 8.2
GMAT - 700(1st attempt)

Work Details:

Company - Mu Sigma
Experience - 1year by May,2016
Designation - Decision Scientist(Certified), worked with Fortune 50 clients

Leadership Roles:

Worked as a "Project Manager" from 2012 to 2015 in an NGO
Worked as a "Coordinator" in reputed college fest in India and Guinness World Record event
and other responsibilities

Extra circular activities: Good enough

Achievements: Published research paper on Marketing in a well reputed International Journal

Well I have a pretty good understanding on Marketing and Business and posses Good Communication skills

Kindly evaluate my profile and quantify my probability of getting into ISB EEO program(Class of 2018)

Regards
Teja

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

1 KUDOS received
VP
VP
User avatar
S
Status: Top MBA Admissions Consultant
Joined: 24 Jul 2011
Posts: 1354

Kudos [?]: 651 [1], given: 20

GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V48
GRE 1: 1540 Q800 V740
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 Mar 2016, 03:58
1
This post received
KUDOS
Hi Teja

Your profile seems pretty decent. Acads and work-ex are both good. ECA is not outstanding, but not weak either. GMAT is decent too, and should be fine (you may want to increase it to increase your chances further, though this score is not insufficient).

Overall, you would stand a good chance at EEO admissions for ISB.
_________________

GyanOne | Top MBA Rankings and MBA Admissions Blog

Top MBA Admissions Consulting | Top MiM Admissions Consulting

Premium MBA Essay Review|Best MBA Interview Preparation|Exclusive GMAT coaching

Get a FREE Detailed MBA Profile Evaluation | Call us now +91 98998 31738

Kudos [?]: 651 [1], given: 20

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 28 May 2015
Posts: 44

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 1

Location: India
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
GPA: 3
WE: Engineering (Manufacturing)
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Apr 2016, 12:50
Hi,
Could anyone please evaluate my profile.
AIEEE: 6700 among 12 L applicants.
B.Tech from NIT Nagpur with 7.33 CGPA (Not so good I think), but with some sound electives.
GMAT 720(Q50,V38, IR5, AWA5)
Work Ex: Cureently working in Lafarge India PVT LTD (leader in building materials' manufacturing, with a presence in 64 countries)
Got in as a GET@2013, and was presented best GET award for my project in energy savings and cutting down the inventory of compressors.
Then after confirmation was presented the responsibility of Inspecting ( whole line starting from Crusher, Stacker, reclaimer, Raw mill, Kiln, Cement mill, and clinker transport), planning, and execution( of just Cement mill and clinker transport second Incharge) in Electrical & Instruments. I successfully overtook the responsibility and improved the reliability of plant by proper tracking abnormal properties of various electrical & instrumentation equipments, and thus in turn saving costs by decreasing SPECIFIC HEAT & SPECIFIC POWER CONSUMPTIONS.
Have won Safety person of the month once, and have been organising, and anchoring work life balance events in the colony.
Also leading a team of 6 shop floor workmen and 2 permanent employees on continued basis, along with managing around 50 workmen during shutdowns.
Social responsibilities:An active blood donor donating blood at least 3 in a year. Have been training various Engineering and ITI holders for the past 2 years.



Sent from my Mi 4i using Tapatalk

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 1

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 29 Mar 2016
Posts: 11

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 3

Profile Evaluation [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Apr 2016, 23:55
Hi,

I am Abhinav Ahuja, having experience of 2 years as an Assistant Manager, after my Post Grad M.Tech. Following are my details -

    High School - 77%
    Secondary School - 77%
    B.Tech - 77%
    M.Tech - 86%

My target is ISB Hyderabad. What score should I achieve in GMAT to increase my chances? And is there any need to have some extracurricular work like NGO. Please guide me :)

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 3

2 KUDOS received
VP
VP
User avatar
S
Status: Top MBA Admissions Consultant
Joined: 24 Jul 2011
Posts: 1354

Kudos [?]: 651 [2], given: 20

GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V48
GRE 1: 1540 Q800 V740
Re: Profile Evaluation [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Apr 2016, 02:12
2
This post received
KUDOS
abhinav1725 wrote:
Hi,

I am Abhinav Ahuja, having experience of 2 years as an Assistant Manager, after my Post Grad M.Tech. Following are my details -

    High School - 77%
    Secondary School - 77%
    B.Tech - 77%
    M.Tech - 86%

My target is ISB Hyderabad. What score should I achieve in GMAT to increase my chances? And is there any need to have some extracurricular work like NGO. Please guide me :)


Hi Abhinav

You should be targeting a score of at least 700. Of course, the higher the better. To be frank, a somewhat lower score may work too but when you are creating an objective, you should aim for a score that puts you into safe territory. While your M. Tech. helps, you are still closer to the lower end of the work-ex spectrum for ISB, and a strong GMAT score is a key factor in supplementing your candidature.

Extracurricular participation and achievement is a factor for ISB admissions, but there is no requirement as such for this to be related to social work/contribution at an NGO. Provided you have some other extracurriculars to showcase, NGO experience is not needed.
_________________

GyanOne | Top MBA Rankings and MBA Admissions Blog

Top MBA Admissions Consulting | Top MiM Admissions Consulting

Premium MBA Essay Review|Best MBA Interview Preparation|Exclusive GMAT coaching

Get a FREE Detailed MBA Profile Evaluation | Call us now +91 98998 31738

Kudos [?]: 651 [2], given: 20

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 29 Mar 2016
Posts: 11

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 3

Re: Profile Evaluation [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Apr 2016, 02:25
Thanks for the suggestion, I think I must start working in NGO as I don't have any extracurricular activity to show. One thing more, I have started writing blogs, will that help? It's just in preliminary stage.

GyanOne wrote:
abhinav1725 wrote:
Hi,

I am Abhinav Ahuja, having experience of 2 years as an Assistant Manager, after my Post Grad M.Tech. Following are my details -

    High School - 77%
    Secondary School - 77%
    B.Tech - 77%
    M.Tech - 86%

My target is ISB Hyderabad. What score should I achieve in GMAT to increase my chances? And is there any need to have some extracurricular work like NGO. Please guide me :)


Hi Abhinav

You should be targeting a score of at least 700. Of course, the higher the better. To be frank, a somewhat lower score may work too but when you are creating an objective, you should aim for a score that puts you into safe territory. While your M. Tech. helps, you are still closer to the lower end of the work-ex spectrum for ISB, and a strong GMAT score is a key factor in supplementing your candidature.

Extracurricular participation and achievement is a factor for ISB admissions, but there is no requirement as such for this to be related to social work/contribution at an NGO. Provided you have some other extracurriculars to showcase, NGO experience is not needed.

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 3

VP
VP
User avatar
S
Status: Top MBA Admissions Consultant
Joined: 24 Jul 2011
Posts: 1354

Kudos [?]: 651 [0], given: 20

GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V48
GRE 1: 1540 Q800 V740
Re: Profile Evaluation [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Apr 2016, 02:30
abhinav1725 wrote:
Thanks for the suggestion, I think I must start working in NGO as I don't have any extracurricular activity to show. One thing more, I have started writing blogs, will that help? It's just in preliminary stage.

GyanOne wrote:
abhinav1725 wrote:
Hi,

I am Abhinav Ahuja, having experience of 2 years as an Assistant Manager, after my Post Grad M.Tech. Following are my details -

    High School - 77%
    Secondary School - 77%
    B.Tech - 77%
    M.Tech - 86%

My target is ISB Hyderabad. What score should I achieve in GMAT to increase my chances? And is there any need to have some extracurricular work like NGO. Please guide me :)


Hi Abhinav

You should be targeting a score of at least 700. Of course, the higher the better. To be frank, a somewhat lower score may work too but when you are creating an objective, you should aim for a score that puts you into safe territory. While your M. Tech. helps, you are still closer to the lower end of the work-ex spectrum for ISB, and a strong GMAT score is a key factor in supplementing your candidature.

Extracurricular participation and achievement is a factor for ISB admissions, but there is no requirement as such for this to be related to social work/contribution at an NGO. Provided you have some other extracurriculars to showcase, NGO experience is not needed.


While writing blogs wont get you the same credit as other extra curricular achievements (in sports, social leadership, or the arts), it will still get you some credit, so go for it. Try to make the blogs impactful and write regularly as far as possible.
_________________

GyanOne | Top MBA Rankings and MBA Admissions Blog

Top MBA Admissions Consulting | Top MiM Admissions Consulting

Premium MBA Essay Review|Best MBA Interview Preparation|Exclusive GMAT coaching

Get a FREE Detailed MBA Profile Evaluation | Call us now +91 98998 31738

Kudos [?]: 651 [0], given: 20

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 29 Mar 2016
Posts: 11

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 3

Re: Profile Evaluation [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Apr 2016, 23:37
Hi, thanks for reply.

I am planning to take GMAT in August? Will that be okay? And I will be completing my 2 years of experience in august itself.

thebootcampbiz wrote:
abhinav1725 wrote:
Hi,

I am Abhinav Ahuja, having experience of 2 years as an Assistant Manager, after my Post Grad M.Tech. Following are my details -

    High School - 77%
    Secondary School - 77%
    B.Tech - 77%
    M.Tech - 86%

My target is ISB Hyderabad. What score should I achieve in GMAT to increase my chances? And is there any need to have some extracurricular work like NGO. Please guide me :)


Hi Abhinav,

Post Grad MTech + Aspiring MBA Grads - Good Mix but ask yourself why and mention that in your essays.

Coming to GMAT, though there is no hard and fast rule about the score, you should definitely aim for 700+ score. When do you plan to take your GMAT?

Extracurricular and other social activities add brownie points but not mandatory. It is your future goals - what, how, why - these are the three questions you should be able to answer and you will be guaranteed a seat at ISB.

Please reach out to us if you have further queries.

Regards,
The BootCamp Team,
An ISB Students' Initiative.

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 3

Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 20 Mar 2016
Posts: 190

Kudos [?]: 29 [0], given: 69

Location: Estonia
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
Schools: IE (A)
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
Reviews Badge
Re: Profile Evaluation [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Apr 2016, 01:52
Dear Abhinav,

First of all, good luck for preparation.

I had read somewhere (can't find now) that you should target a score above the average of the particular school. meaning if the school average is 710. than that shall be your minimum. if you got 690. then chances are lower. (not zero) but lower than if you had gotten 720.

While there are many examples of people getting in at much lower scores. (also by definition of average) but then your profile must be very strong.

Also keep in mind that your Work-ex is quite lower than the school average.

It is stressful, i know as i am also on similar boat.

BR,
Saurabh



abhinav1725 wrote:
Hi,

I am Abhinav Ahuja, having experience of 2 years as an Assistant Manager, after my Post Grad M.Tech. Following are my details -

    High School - 77%
    Secondary School - 77%
    B.Tech - 77%
    M.Tech - 86%

My target is ISB Hyderabad. What score should I achieve in GMAT to increase my chances? And is there any need to have some extracurricular work like NGO. Please guide me :)

_________________

- Saurabh Prabhakar
MBA@ IE business school. GMAT 690/Q49/V35
Providing guidance for MBA aspirants here: https://www.fiverr.com/sauprabhakar/help-you-navigate-the-mba-application-journey

Kudos [?]: 29 [0], given: 69

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 29 Mar 2016
Posts: 11

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 3

Re: Profile Evaluation [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Apr 2016, 22:09
Thanks for considering my profile, but the minimum requirement is 2 years of work ex and some of the sources say, they take some percentage of students with 2 years of work ex. Hoping they are reliable.

prabhakar09 wrote:
Dear Abhinav,

First of all, good luck for preparation.

I had read somewhere (can't find now) that you should target a score above the average of the particular school. meaning if the school average is 710. than that shall be your minimum. if you got 690. then chances are lower. (not zero) but lower than if you had gotten 720.

While there are many examples of people getting in at much lower scores. (also by definition of average) but then your profile must be very strong.

Also keep in mind that your Work-ex is quite lower than the school average.

It is stressful, i know as i am also on similar boat.

BR,
Saurabh



abhinav1725 wrote:
Hi,

I am Abhinav Ahuja, having experience of 2 years as an Assistant Manager, after my Post Grad M.Tech. Following are my details -

    High School - 77%
    Secondary School - 77%
    B.Tech - 77%
    M.Tech - 86%

My target is ISB Hyderabad. What score should I achieve in GMAT to increase my chances? And is there any need to have some extracurricular work like NGO. Please guide me :)

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 3

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 29 Mar 2016
Posts: 11

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 3

Re: Profile Evaluation [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Apr 2016, 22:15
As, I told you I am preparing for GMAT, and want to know about your GMAT Mentoring program, whether it is online? and what all will be covered in it and in how much time?

thebootcampbiz wrote:
abhinav1725 wrote:
Hi,

I am Abhinav Ahuja, having experience of 2 years as an Assistant Manager, after my Post Grad M.Tech. Following are my details -

    High School - 77%
    Secondary School - 77%
    B.Tech - 77%
    M.Tech - 86%

My target is ISB Hyderabad. What score should I achieve in GMAT to increase my chances? And is there any need to have some extracurricular work like NGO. Please guide me :)


Hi Abhinav,

Post Grad MTech + Aspiring MBA Grads - Good Mix but ask yourself why and mention that in your essays.

Coming to GMAT, though there is no hard and fast rule about the score, you should definitely aim for 700+ score. When do you plan to take your GMAT?

Extracurricular and other social activities add brownie points but not mandatory. It is your future goals - what, how, why - these are the three questions you should be able to answer and you will be guaranteed a seat at ISB.

Please reach out to us if you have further queries.

Regards,
The BootCamp Team,
An ISB Students' Initiative.

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 3

Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 20 Mar 2016
Posts: 190

Kudos [?]: 29 [0], given: 69

Location: Estonia
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
Schools: IE (A)
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
Reviews Badge
Re: Profile Evaluation [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 Apr 2016, 23:01
Very true. there are people getting in at 2 years experience. but they have to compete with people with 4-5 years of experience who have done more things that you. Like i said there are fairly good chances that you would get in. but same you would have better chances say if you apply after two more years of experience.

They also take people with more experience than 5 years. but again probability reduces.

regarding GMAT. The test are online. you can check MBA.com for test dates and locate a center close to you. preparation varies person to person. 3-4 months along with work is normal. ( i am at 4th month of preparation. and i need at least one more month).



abhinav1725 wrote:
Thanks for considering my profile, but the minimum requirement is 2 years of work ex and some of the sources say, they take some percentage of students with 2 years of work ex. Hoping they are reliable.

prabhakar09 wrote:
Dear Abhinav,

First of all, good luck for preparation.

I had read somewhere (can't find now) that you should target a score above the average of the particular school. meaning if the school average is 710. than that shall be your minimum. if you got 690. then chances are lower. (not zero) but lower than if you had gotten 720.

While there are many examples of people getting in at much lower scores. (also by definition of average) but then your profile must be very strong.

Also keep in mind that your Work-ex is quite lower than the school average.

It is stressful, i know as i am also on similar boat.

BR,
Saurabh



abhinav1725 wrote:
Hi,

I am Abhinav Ahuja, having experience of 2 years as an Assistant Manager, after my Post Grad M.Tech. Following are my details -

    High School - 77%
    Secondary School - 77%
    B.Tech - 77%
    M.Tech - 86%

My target is ISB Hyderabad. What score should I achieve in GMAT to increase my chances? And is there any need to have some extracurricular work like NGO. Please guide me :)

_________________

- Saurabh Prabhakar
MBA@ IE business school. GMAT 690/Q49/V35
Providing guidance for MBA aspirants here: https://www.fiverr.com/sauprabhakar/help-you-navigate-the-mba-application-journey

Kudos [?]: 29 [0], given: 69

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 07 Sep 2015
Posts: 1

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 7

Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Apr 2016, 02:26
Hi I am 29 Male..
Academics:
X -60%
XII - 60%
BCOM-60% ( Xaviers Kolkata )
MCOM-55% ( Xaviers Kolkata )

WE: 5years
-4 years in retail startup venture
-1 years - Marketing Manager (Delhi state ) , Indian red cross society


Extra Circular:
NSS , Social Camps , NGO blood donation for poor tribes in bengal.
Shishu mela, prop designer for SPICMACAY, various awards in schools and colleges.

What is my chance of getting admission in IIM or ISB ? what is the score I shall target?
PS: not good in quant?

please guide

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 7

Expert Post
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
S
Joined: 04 Jun 2010
Posts: 327

Kudos [?]: 34 [0], given: 0

Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Apr 2016, 10:13
Liubhai wrote:
Hi I am 29 Male..
Academics:
X -60%
XII - 60%
BCOM-60% ( Xaviers Kolkata )
MCOM-55% ( Xaviers Kolkata )

WE: 5years
-4 years in retail startup venture
-1 years - Marketing Manager (Delhi state ) , Indian red cross society


Extra Circular:
NSS , Social Camps , NGO blood donation for poor tribes in bengal.
Shishu mela, prop designer for SPICMACAY, various awards in schools and colleges.

What is my chance of getting admission in IIM or ISB ? what is the score I shall target?
PS: not good in quant?

please guide


Hi,

Your work ex is pretty good and diverse sector experience will help. If you can get a 700+ on GMAT and present your story well in essays, you can get an interview call from ISB. IIMs will be tougher simply because you will just cross the minimum work ex requirement. Also, you will need a higher score for IIMs ( 720+ or so) as they are far more competitive than ISB.

Feel free to contact us for any queries.

Apphelp Team
_________________

Apphelp : India's # 1 MBA admissions consultancy
-----------------------------------------------
Confused about MBA application strategy? Need help with Essay Review? Need mock interviews?
All these questions have a single answer : APPHELP
Phone: +91 9871354580
Email: info@apphelp.co.in
Website: http://www.apphelp.co.in
Blog: http://www.blog.apphelp.co.in

Kudos [?]: 34 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 18 Jun 2012
Posts: 3

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 38

Location: United States (MI)
Concentration: Leadership, Entrepreneurship
Schools: ISB '18, IIMA
GMAT 1: 590 Q48 V24
GPA: 3.89
WE: Engineering (Manufacturing)
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 May 2016, 17:27
Dear All,
My name is Avinash and i would like to get my profile evaluated.
I am an MS in Mechanical Eng grad from University of Michigan, Dearborn with GPA 3.89/4.0 currently working at Ford Motor Company since 4.5 years.
I did my Bachelor's from hyderabad with 76%. 10+2 with 94.1% and SSC with 86%
I've been working as a team lead at Ford. I've participated in various volunteering activities as well.
I served as Vice President for Indian Student Association for University of Michigan, Dearborn for a year. I gave my gmat last year and i got a poor score. I am planning to retake the test some time in June. What would be considered a good score for admission to ISB Hyderabad?

Your feedback is very much appreciated!
Thanks.

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 38

Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
S
Joined: 04 Jun 2010
Posts: 327

Kudos [?]: 34 [1], given: 0

Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 May 2016, 21:32
1
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
slayera6 wrote:
Dear All,
My name is Avinash and i would like to get my profile evaluated.
I am an MS in Mechanical Eng grad from University of Michigan, Dearborn with GPA 3.89/4.0 currently working at Ford Motor Company since 4.5 years.
I did my Bachelor's from hyderabad with 76%. 10+2 with 94.1% and SSC with 86%
I've been working as a team lead at Ford. I've participated in various volunteering activities as well.
I served as Vice President for Indian Student Association for University of Michigan, Dearborn for a year. I gave my gmat last year and i got a poor score. I am planning to retake the test some time in June. What would be considered a good score for admission to ISB Hyderabad?

Your feedback is very much appreciated!
Thanks.



Hi Avinash,

Your profile is pretty good. Masters from a good univ in US, very good GPA and Ford experience are all big positives. Target a 700+ on GMAT and you should get an interview call.

Apphelp Team
_________________

Apphelp : India's # 1 MBA admissions consultancy
-----------------------------------------------
Confused about MBA application strategy? Need help with Essay Review? Need mock interviews?
All these questions have a single answer : APPHELP
Phone: +91 9871354580
Email: info@apphelp.co.in
Website: http://www.apphelp.co.in
Blog: http://www.blog.apphelp.co.in

Kudos [?]: 34 [1], given: 0

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 18 Jun 2012
Posts: 3

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 38

Location: United States (MI)
Concentration: Leadership, Entrepreneurship
Schools: ISB '18, IIMA
GMAT 1: 590 Q48 V24
GPA: 3.89
WE: Engineering (Manufacturing)
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 May 2016, 05:44
Thank you very much Apphelp!

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 38

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 01 May 2016
Posts: 1

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 1

Schools: AGSM '18
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 May 2016, 08:27
Hello everyone,

I would like you to evaluate my profile


Professional Experience
Company : Mu Sigma
Domain : Banking, Supply Chain
Will complete 2 years in February 2017


Academics
Graduation: Mechanical Engineering | CGPA: 7.52/10
12th : CBSE | 85.2%
10th : CBSE | 87%

Extra Curricular
1. 2 District level awards in Dramatics
2. Member of College basketball team
3. Winner in a Robotics competition at an IIT-Techfest (among 75 teams)


Target College: ISB (for batch of 2018)

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 1

Expert Post
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
S
Joined: 04 Jun 2010
Posts: 327

Kudos [?]: 34 [0], given: 0

Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 May 2016, 21:46
mrityunjay2293 wrote:
Hello everyone,

I would like you to evaluate my profile


Professional Experience
Company : Mu Sigma
Domain : Banking, Supply Chain
Will complete 2 years in February 2017


Academics
Graduation: Mechanical Engineering | CGPA: 7.52/10
12th : CBSE | 85.2%
10th : CBSE | 87%

Extra Curricular
1. 2 District level awards in Dramatics
2. Member of College basketball team
3. Winner in a Robotics competition at an IIT-Techfest (among 75 teams)


Target College: ISB (for batch of 2018)



Hi Mritunjay,

By batch of 2018 if you mean class entering in 2018 then it is fine as for class entering in 2017 you work ex will be less. Now what you need to do in next 1.5 years is

1) Get a 720+on GMAT. Good GMAT score is very important for applicants with less work ex.
2) Not mandatory but if you can change the company after 2-3 months it would be good to add experience of a core sector company. Basically 2 yrs in musigma and 1 year in another company is always better than 3 yrs in musigma
3) Strengthen extra currics (college level activities wont matter much)

Feel free to contact us for any queries.

Apphelp Team
_________________

Apphelp : India's # 1 MBA admissions consultancy
-----------------------------------------------
Confused about MBA application strategy? Need help with Essay Review? Need mock interviews?
All these questions have a single answer : APPHELP
Phone: +91 9871354580
Email: info@apphelp.co.in
Website: http://www.apphelp.co.in
Blog: http://www.blog.apphelp.co.in

Kudos [?]: 34 [0], given: 0

Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!   [#permalink] 02 May 2016, 21:46

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  66    Next  [ 1312 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderators: mihir0710, warriorguy



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.