Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 22:16 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 22:16

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Operations, General Management
GPA: 4
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 42
Concentration: Technology, Marketing
GPA: 3.8
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1585 [1]
Given Kudos: 33
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V48
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Re: ISB Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Kudos
Expert Reply
Hi Teja

Your profile seems pretty decent. Acads and work-ex are both good. ECA is not outstanding, but not weak either. GMAT is decent too, and should be fine (you may want to increase it to increase your chances further, though this score is not insufficient).

Overall, you would stand a good chance at EEO admissions for ISB.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
GPA: 3
WE:Engineering (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Hi,
Could anyone please evaluate my profile.
AIEEE: 6700 among 12 L applicants.
B.Tech from NIT Nagpur with 7.33 CGPA (Not so good I think), but with some sound electives.
GMAT 720(Q50,V38, IR5, AWA5)
Work Ex: Cureently working in Lafarge India PVT LTD (leader in building materials' manufacturing, with a presence in 64 countries)
Got in as a GET@2013, and was presented best GET award for my project in energy savings and cutting down the inventory of compressors.
Then after confirmation was presented the responsibility of Inspecting ( whole line starting from Crusher, Stacker, reclaimer, Raw mill, Kiln, Cement mill, and clinker transport), planning, and execution( of just Cement mill and clinker transport second Incharge) in Electrical & Instruments. I successfully overtook the responsibility and improved the reliability of plant by proper tracking abnormal properties of various electrical & instrumentation equipments, and thus in turn saving costs by decreasing SPECIFIC HEAT & SPECIFIC POWER CONSUMPTIONS.
Have won Safety person of the month once, and have been organising, and anchoring work life balance events in the colony.
Also leading a team of 6 shop floor workmen and 2 permanent employees on continued basis, along with managing around 50 workmen during shutdowns.
Social responsibilities:An active blood donor donating blood at least 3 in a year. Have been training various Engineering and ITI holders for the past 2 years.

Sent from my Mi 4i using Tapatalk
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Hi,

I am Abhinav Ahuja, having experience of 2 years as an Assistant Manager, after my Post Grad M.Tech. Following are my details -

High School - 77%
    Secondary School - 77%
    B.Tech - 77%
    M.Tech - 86%

My target is ISB Hyderabad. What score should I achieve in GMAT to increase my chances? And is there any need to have some extracurricular work like NGO. Please guide me :)
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1585 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
abhinav1725 wrote:
Hi,

I am Abhinav Ahuja, having experience of 2 years as an Assistant Manager, after my Post Grad M.Tech. Following are my details -

High School - 77%
    Secondary School - 77%
    B.Tech - 77%
    M.Tech - 86%

My target is ISB Hyderabad. What score should I achieve in GMAT to increase my chances? And is there any need to have some extracurricular work like NGO. Please guide me :)

Hi Abhinav

You should be targeting a score of at least 700. Of course, the higher the better. To be frank, a somewhat lower score may work too but when you are creating an objective, you should aim for a score that puts you into safe territory. While your M. Tech. helps, you are still closer to the lower end of the work-ex spectrum for ISB, and a strong GMAT score is a key factor in supplementing your candidature.

Extracurricular participation and achievement is a factor for ISB admissions, but there is no requirement as such for this to be related to social work/contribution at an NGO. Provided you have some other extracurriculars to showcase, NGO experience is not needed.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks for the suggestion, I think I must start working in NGO as I don't have any extracurricular activity to show. One thing more, I have started writing blogs, will that help? It's just in preliminary stage.

GyanOne wrote:
abhinav1725 wrote:
Hi,

High School - 77%
    Secondary School - 77%
    B.Tech - 77%
    M.Tech - 86%

Hi Abhinav

You should be targeting a score of at least 700. Of course, the higher the better. To be frank, a somewhat lower score may work too but when you are creating an objective, you should aim for a score that puts you into safe territory. While your M. Tech. helps, you are still closer to the lower end of the work-ex spectrum for ISB, and a strong GMAT score is a key factor in supplementing your candidature.

Extracurricular participation and achievement is a factor for ISB admissions, but there is no requirement as such for this to be related to social work/contribution at an NGO. Provided you have some other extracurriculars to showcase, NGO experience is not needed.
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1585 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
abhinav1725 wrote:
Thanks for the suggestion, I think I must start working in NGO as I don't have any extracurricular activity to show. One thing more, I have started writing blogs, will that help? It's just in preliminary stage.

GyanOne wrote:
abhinav1725 wrote:
Hi,

High School - 77%
    Secondary School - 77%
    B.Tech - 77%
    M.Tech - 86%

Hi Abhinav

While writing blogs wont get you the same credit as other extra curricular achievements (in sports, social leadership, or the arts), it will still get you some credit, so go for it. Try to make the blogs impactful and write regularly as far as possible.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi, thanks for reply.

I am planning to take GMAT in August? Will that be okay? And I will be completing my 2 years of experience in august itself.

thebootcampbiz wrote:
abhinav1725 wrote:
Hi,

High School - 77%
    Secondary School - 77%
    B.Tech - 77%
    M.Tech - 86%

Hi Abhinav,

Post Grad MTech + Aspiring MBA Grads - Good Mix but ask yourself why and mention that in your essays.

Coming to GMAT, though there is no hard and fast rule about the score, you should definitely aim for 700+ score. When do you plan to take your GMAT?

Extracurricular and other social activities add brownie points but not mandatory. It is your future goals - what, how, why - these are the three questions you should be able to answer and you will be guaranteed a seat at ISB.

Please reach out to us if you have further queries.

Regards,
The BootCamp Team,
An ISB Students' Initiative.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 43 [0]
Given Kudos: 71
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
Schools: IE (A)
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
Send PM
Dear Abhinav,

First of all, good luck for preparation.

I had read somewhere (can't find now) that you should target a score above the average of the particular school. meaning if the school average is 710. than that shall be your minimum. if you got 690. then chances are lower. (not zero) but lower than if you had gotten 720.

While there are many examples of people getting in at much lower scores. (also by definition of average) but then your profile must be very strong.

Also keep in mind that your Work-ex is quite lower than the school average.

It is stressful, i know as i am also on similar boat.

BR,
Saurabh

abhinav1725 wrote:
Hi,

High School - 77%
    Secondary School - 77%
    B.Tech - 77%
    M.Tech - 86%

Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks for considering my profile, but the minimum requirement is 2 years of work ex and some of the sources say, they take some percentage of students with 2 years of work ex. Hoping they are reliable.

prabhakar09 wrote:
Dear Abhinav,

I had read somewhere (can't find now) that you should target a score above the average of the particular school. meaning if the school average is 710. than that shall be your minimum. if you got 690. then chances are lower. (not zero) but lower than if you had gotten 720.

While there are many examples of people getting in at much lower scores. (also by definition of average) but then your profile must be very strong.

BR,
Saurabh

abhinav1725 wrote:
Hi,

High School - 77%
    Secondary School - 77%
    B.Tech - 77%
    M.Tech - 86%

Intern
Intern
Send PM
As, I told you I am preparing for GMAT, and want to know about your GMAT Mentoring program, whether it is online? and what all will be covered in it and in how much time?

thebootcampbiz wrote:
abhinav1725 wrote:
Hi,

High School - 77%
    Secondary School - 77%
    B.Tech - 77%
    M.Tech - 86%

Hi Abhinav,

Post Grad MTech + Aspiring MBA Grads - Good Mix but ask yourself why and mention that in your essays.

Coming to GMAT, though there is no hard and fast rule about the score, you should definitely aim for 700+ score. When do you plan to take your GMAT?

Extracurricular and other social activities add brownie points but not mandatory. It is your future goals - what, how, why - these are the three questions you should be able to answer and you will be guaranteed a seat at ISB.

Please reach out to us if you have further queries.

Regards,
The BootCamp Team,
An ISB Students' Initiative.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 43 [0]
Given Kudos: 71
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
Schools: IE (A)
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
Send PM
Very true. there are people getting in at 2 years experience. but they have to compete with people with 4-5 years of experience who have done more things that you. Like i said there are fairly good chances that you would get in. but same you would have better chances say if you apply after two more years of experience.

They also take people with more experience than 5 years. but again probability reduces.

regarding GMAT. The test are online. you can check MBA.com for test dates and locate a center close to you. preparation varies person to person. 3-4 months along with work is normal. ( i am at 4th month of preparation. and i need at least one more month).

abhinav1725 wrote:
Thanks for considering my profile, but the minimum requirement is 2 years of work ex and some of the sources say, they take some percentage of students with 2 years of work ex. Hoping they are reliable.

prabhakar09 wrote:
Dear Abhinav,

BR,
Saurabh

abhinav1725 wrote:
Hi,

High School - 77%
    Secondary School - 77%
    B.Tech - 77%
    M.Tech - 86%

Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 7
Hi I am 29 Male..
Academics:
X -60%
XII - 60%
BCOM-60% ( Xaviers Kolkata )
MCOM-55% ( Xaviers Kolkata )

WE: 5years
-4 years in retail startup venture
-1 years - Marketing Manager (Delhi state ) , Indian red cross society

Extra Circular:
NSS , Social Camps , NGO blood donation for poor tribes in bengal.
Shishu mela, prop designer for SPICMACAY, various awards in schools and colleges.

What is my chance of getting admission in IIM or ISB ? what is the score I shall target?
PS: not good in quant?

please guide
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Expert Reply
Liubhai wrote:
Hi I am 29 Male..
Academics:
X -60%
XII - 60%
BCOM-60% ( Xaviers Kolkata )
MCOM-55% ( Xaviers Kolkata )

WE: 5years
-4 years in retail startup venture
-1 years - Marketing Manager (Delhi state ) , Indian red cross society

Extra Circular:
NSS , Social Camps , NGO blood donation for poor tribes in bengal.
Shishu mela, prop designer for SPICMACAY, various awards in schools and colleges.

What is my chance of getting admission in IIM or ISB ? what is the score I shall target?
PS: not good in quant?

please guide

Hi,

Your work ex is pretty good and diverse sector experience will help. If you can get a 700+ on GMAT and present your story well in essays, you can get an interview call from ISB. IIMs will be tougher simply because you will just cross the minimum work ex requirement. Also, you will need a higher score for IIMs ( 720+ or so) as they are far more competitive than ISB.

Feel free to contact us for any queries.

Apphelp Team
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 59
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 590 Q48 V24
GPA: 3.89
Send PM
Dear All,
My name is Avinash and i would like to get my profile evaluated.
I am an MS in Mechanical Eng grad from University of Michigan, Dearborn with GPA 3.89/4.0 currently working at Ford Motor Company since 4.5 years.
I did my Bachelor's from hyderabad with 76%. 10+2 with 94.1% and SSC with 86%
I've been working as a team lead at Ford. I've participated in various volunteering activities as well.
I served as Vice President for Indian Student Association for University of Michigan, Dearborn for a year. I gave my gmat last year and i got a poor score. I am planning to retake the test some time in June. What would be considered a good score for admission to ISB Hyderabad?

Your feedback is very much appreciated!
Thanks.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
slayera6 wrote:
Dear All,
My name is Avinash and i would like to get my profile evaluated.
I am an MS in Mechanical Eng grad from University of Michigan, Dearborn with GPA 3.89/4.0 currently working at Ford Motor Company since 4.5 years.
I did my Bachelor's from hyderabad with 76%. 10+2 with 94.1% and SSC with 86%
I've been working as a team lead at Ford. I've participated in various volunteering activities as well.
I served as Vice President for Indian Student Association for University of Michigan, Dearborn for a year. I gave my gmat last year and i got a poor score. I am planning to retake the test some time in June. What would be considered a good score for admission to ISB Hyderabad?

Your feedback is very much appreciated!
Thanks.

Hi Avinash,

Your profile is pretty good. Masters from a good univ in US, very good GPA and Ford experience are all big positives. Target a 700+ on GMAT and you should get an interview call.

Apphelp Team
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 59
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 590 Q48 V24
GPA: 3.89
Send PM
Thank you very much Apphelp!
Intern
Intern
Schools: AGSM '18
Send PM
Hello everyone,

I would like you to evaluate my profile

Professional Experience
Company : Mu Sigma
Domain : Banking, Supply Chain
Will complete 2 years in February 2017

Academics
Graduation: Mechanical Engineering | CGPA: 7.52/10
12th : CBSE | 85.2%
10th : CBSE | 87%

Extra Curricular
1. 2 District level awards in Dramatics
2. Member of College basketball team
3. Winner in a Robotics competition at an IIT-Techfest (among 75 teams)

Target College: ISB (for batch of 2018)
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  307