Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 00:50 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 00:50

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 650 Q47 V32
GMAT 2: 690 Q47 V38
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Re: ISB Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Hi All,

Want to get my profile evaluated for ISB Round 2

1. Demographics: 27, Indian, Male
2. GMAT: 690, Q47 V38
3. Undergrad: Industrial Engg from Nagpur University - 68% (first division)
4. Schooling: X - 84%, XII - 81% (MAH State board)
5. Work-ex: 6 Years at Mahindra & Mahindra - 1 year as a GET (trainee), 5 years in Supply Chain Management - Procurement function
6. Extra Curricular: Won a national level case study competition as a professional, many cost saving projects executed at work, active member of motorcycling club at nagpur, active organizer of many events at college level
7. Post MBA goal: Consulting/SCM
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 575 [0]
Given Kudos: 155
Send PM
Expert Reply
Maverick_89 wrote:
Hi All,

Want to get my profile evaluated for ISB Round 2

1. Demographics: 27, Indian, Male
2. GMAT: 690, Q47 V38
3. Undergrad: Industrial Engg from Nagpur University - 68% (first division)
4. Schooling: X - 84%, XII - 81% (MAH State board)
5. Work-ex: 6 Years at Mahindra & Mahindra - 1 year as a GET (trainee), 5 years in Supply Chain Management - Procurement function
6. Extra Curricular: Won a national level case study competition as a professional, many cost saving projects executed at work, active member of motorcycling club at nagpur, active organizer of many events at college level
7. Post MBA goal: Consulting/SCM

Hi Maverick,

Your profile checks all the boxes at the first glance. However chances of an interview/admit will depend upon how well you project your profile via the application, the quality of your work examples, your achievements at work, clarity of career goals.

Just to add, competition is stiff and every company/industry candidates are already represented at ISB, so you will have to submit a great application in order to stand out.
CEO
CEO
Send PM
Expert Reply
Sreejithsree wrote:
Hi all,

It would be great if you could help me in evaluating my profile.

Academics:
10th : 82%
12th : 70%
B.tech : 7.6/10

I am 26 year old ,currently pursuing my Master in Information Systems and Management at New York and expecting a CGPA of 3.85 or above out of 4.I have 22 months of experience working in Tata Communications ,Chennai and I am a professional blogger.Planning to join ISB in 2018 intake and currently preparing for GMAT.What will be my chance to get into ISB , minimum GMAT score which I should aim and does my profile meets ISB requirements?

Any evaluation or suggestions will be highly appreciated.

Thanking in advance.

Regards
Sreejith

Hi Sreejith,

Its always beneficial to get some work experience before doing an MBA. I'd strongly suggest you work for a couple of years before applying to ISB.However, if you have free time right now, taking the GMAT and getting done with it sounds like a good idea
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 53 [1]
Given Kudos: 17
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.71
WE:Supply Chain Management (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Kudos
Hey Sreejith,

You need min 24 months of full time experience( excluding Internships/Co-ops) to be eligible to apply for PGP. Also any reason as to why you don't want to work for few years post your MIS? Even if you had 24 months of experience it will take good convincing for you to justify why you want to directly jump from College to College without implementing what your have just learnt. Historically ISB had appreciated Masters Degree but the applicants have worked for few years and than decided to go for MBA.

I would recommend that you work for atleast 2 years but start preparing for your GMAT now. Target a score of 690+ considering you had 4 years experience with 2 years in US.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
abhaygupta111 wrote:
Hey Sreejith,

You need min 24 months of full time experience( excluding Internships/Co-ops) to be eligible to apply for PGP. Also any reason as to why you don't want to work for few years post your MIS? Even if you had 24 months of experience it will take good convincing for you to justify why you want to directly jump from College to College without implementing what your have just learnt. Historically ISB had appreciated Masters Degree but the applicants have worked for few years and than decided to go for MBA.

I would recommend that you work for atleast 2 years but start preparing for your GMAT now. Target a score of 690+ considering you had 4 years experience with 2 years in US.

Hi Abhay,

Thanks a lot you for response. I am planning to get a good GMAT score and will work for one or two years in USA, meanwhile will try for ISB. You are right that I should give a convincing reason if I try without working after my MS.

Regards
Sreejith
Intern
Intern
Send PM
MBADecoder wrote:
Sreejithsree wrote:
Hi all,

Academics:

I am 26 year old ,currently pursuing my Master in Information Systems and Management at New York and expecting a CGPA of 3.85 or above out of 4.I have 22 months of experience working in Tata Communications ,Chennai and I am a professional blogger.Planning to join ISB in 2018 intake and currently preparing for GMAT.What will be my chance to get into ISB , minimum GMAT score which I should aim and does my profile meets ISB requirements?

Thanking in advance.

Regards
Sreejith

Hi Sreejith,

Its always beneficial to get some work experience before doing an MBA. I'd strongly suggest you work for a couple of years before applying to ISB.However, if you have free time right now, taking the GMAT and getting done with it sounds like a good idea

Hi Namitha,

Thanks a lot for evaluating my profile.
CEO
CEO
Send PM
Expert Reply
vaibhav8644 wrote:
Hi,

Below are the key points regarding my work ex

Initial 3 yrs as service engineer in US valve manufacture "Tyco Flow control" where I used to handle on-site activities like maintenance , irrigation, installation etc.

2nd company was exide industries Ltd (Battery manufacturer) as a Sr. Service officer and was heading service operation of Gujarat state with team of 9 . Worked there for 1 and half year

Current company is coffeeday Global Ltd ( CCD, vending machine manufacturing division ) and heading technical service operation of corporate clients for both Gujarat and MP states with team strength of 45+ ppl (more than 1500 clients ).
Joined CCD in June 2014 as an asst Manager Service and got promoted as manager service in March-16 (in just 20 months' tenure)
Have vast experience of team handling and after sales service .
Have taken the service levels of Gujarat and MP to top 5 states across India in CCD

About career goals :
Would like to go ahead with operations and learn the business management skills with the help of MBA

Specifically would like to be into the lead position of revenue generation based operations immediately after MBA

Hope this will help.

Do revert if you need any additional info

Dear Team Strategy4GMAT/Namita/MBA Decoder,

Pls help and suggest accordig to my previous revert . . .

Thanks
Vaibhav

Vaibhav,

Your work experience is pretty solid.
Your career goals are pretty vague and need deeper thought.

With every thing being good in your profile, the GMAT is the only weak factor.

Its been a while since our last exchange, so we can have phone discussion to understand what you have been up to.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 53 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.71
WE:Supply Chain Management (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Can experts please evaluate my profile. Below is a brief description:

GMAT- 680(Q49, V34, AWA - 5, IR -7)

EDUCATION

Texas A&M University (TAMU) College Station, TX
Masters of Engineering - Industrial Engineering
GPA: 3.91/4.00

KIET, Dr. A.P.J Abdul Kalam Technical University Ghaziabad, UP
Bachelors of Engineering - Electrical & Electronics Engineering
GPA: 77%(8.2 CGPA)

WORK EXPERIENCE:
(Around 4 yr 10 months as on March 2017. Focused towards Production Planning, Supply Chain Analytics and Forecasting.)

Amazon, Richmond, VA, US as Production Planning Analyst(SME)- 1yr 6 months
Technip, Houston, TX, US as Project Controls Engineer- Forecasting and Estimation- 8 months (Technip-A world leader in project management, engineering and construction for the energy industry)
SPP, Houston, TX, US as Supply Chain Business Analyst- 1 yr 7 months (SPP- A leading iron products manufacturing and distribution company for water and waste water industry)
TCS, Noida, UP, India as Assistant System Engineer- 1 yr

Extra Curriculars:
Won Houston Racquetball League at Intermediate Level
Lead APICS Chapter at TAMU
Event Co-coordinator at UG (KIET)
Chief of Greenery and Plantation for Rotary Club@KIET

Any recommendations on how to prepare for interviews? Read some interview de-briefs but if there is some specific questions that you feel are certainly pertinent for me to prepare that will be great.

Thanks a lot for your time and feedback. Greatly appreciated!
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: None
Own Kudos [?]: 52 [0]
Given Kudos: 60
GPA: 3.9
WE:Asset Management (Advertising and PR)
Send PM
Great profile, hope you will get what you want! :)
Good luck !!! :-D
Intern
Intern
Send PM
strategy4gmat1 wrote:
Sreejithsree wrote:
Hi all,

Academics:

Thanking in advance.

Regards
Sreejith
Hi Sreejith

Overall, your profile looks good and should make the cut. Ensure you get a 700 to be at par with the avg ISB applicant. Since you have time, make sure you give it a good shot. However, since GMAT is not the only thing ISB looks at, you must get into a good role post your course.

Thanks a lot for your valuable suggestions.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
bestaaron55 wrote:
Great profile, hope you will get what you want! :)
Good luck !!! :-D

Thank you :lol: :x :o
Intern
Intern
Send PM
abhinav1725 wrote:
Hi,

I am Abhinav Ahuja, having experience of 2 years as an Assistant Manager, after my Post Grad M.Tech. Following are my details -

High School - 77%
    Secondary School - 77%
    B.Tech - 77%
    M.Tech - 86%

My target is ISB Hyderabad. What score should I achieve in GMAT to increase my chances? And is there any need to have some extracurricular work like NGO. Please guide me :)

Hi Abhinav,

We are in the same boat. :lol: but the only difference is I am about to finish my MS and had 2 years experience. Your profile looks great and wish you a good luck.

Regards
Sreejith
Intern
Intern
Send PM
"Hi guys,

I have scored a 620 in gmat and want to apply to ISB. Though the ISB website says their lowest score is 590, it would be great if those of you who are ISB admits help a) validate this b) share tips and experiences from your successful isb application
Thank you in advance!

Brief about my profile:
Entrepreneurial exposure: Running a successful pre-school for the past 6 months. Handling its end its end marketing, HR operations
Extensive research experience: 6+ years of experience in the research arm of the worlds biggest consultancy with onsite consulting experience for a couple of projects.
The initial story I have penned down is pretty solid and both my recommendations are solid too. "
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi Team,

I am a 3.6 years experienced Business Analyst/Solutions Consultant with a Mechanical Engineering Degree from VTU.

Academics
10th - 88.96%
12th - 74%
Engineering - 74%

I am having professional experiences in Infosys and Ramco Systems.I am currently looking to take up GMAT to get an entry for One Year MBA course.
The Colleges that i am targeting are ISB and NUS.
Kindly suggest me if my profile is good enough if i get a score of 700 in GMAT to get into these B schools.
Also suggest the colleges which offer one year MBA prog.

Thanks,
Vishwas
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi,

It would be great if someone can help in evaluating my profile and suggest .

I am 30 years MALE. Working as Project Manager in Godrej. Have 7 years working experience on Onsite .
Experience : 7.5yrs in Project Management Civil & Mechnaical
Current Designation : Project Manager

Academics:
GMAT :- 670
JNTU Hyderabad B.tech Mechanical Engineer :- 59%
10th : 67 %
12th: 60%

Achievement :
•Awarded with a memento from Honourable Chief Minister of Kerala Mr. Oomen Chandy & CIAL for the valuable contribution for New International T3 construction
•Certificate of Appreciation from client Indian coast guard for outstanding Performance in managing over 4 projects in a single year
•Certificate of Appreciation from Indian Navy for outstanding Performance for handing over most prestige P28 Project India’s first of its kind
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
GMAT 1: 720 Q51 V44
GPA: 3
WE:Engineering (Real Estate)
Send PM
podurinikhiltej wrote:
Hi,

It would be great if someone can help in evaluating my profile and suggest .

I am 30 years MALE. Working as Project Manager in Godrej. Have 7 years working experience on Onsite .
Experience : 7.5yrs in Project Management Civil & Mechnaical
Current Designation : Project Manager

Academics:
GMAT :- 670
JNTU Hyderabad B.tech Mechanical Engineer :- 59%
10th : 67 %
12th: 60%

Achievement :
•Awarded with a memento from Honourable Chief Minister of Kerala Mr. Oomen Chandy & CIAL for the valuable contribution for New International T3 construction
•Certificate of Appreciation from client Indian coast guard for outstanding Performance in managing over 4 projects in a single year
•Certificate of Appreciation from Indian Navy for outstanding Performance for handing over most prestige P28 Project India’s first of its kind

hello,
you have a strong work experience background and i think its far enough experience to apply in Indian School of Business. because i saw the acceptance rate of avg gmat score was 700 with minimum accepted 660 gmat score.
regards
abbas
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
GMAT 1: 720 Q51 V44
GPA: 3
WE:Engineering (Real Estate)
Send PM
Hello Experts,

I will be applying for the b schools in 2018 , i am currently working as a mechanical design engineer in kuwait based international consultants. i have been involved with various types of design/supervision projects.
I will be very happy for the profile evaluation.
Nationality: Indian
Education: Btech-72% Punjab Technical University (date conferred-2012)
12th 53.2% 10th 72%
Work Experience:
I have been involved in design projects for 4+ yrs and in that span of my career i have worked and presently working in design/supervision of various big projects like cancer hospitals, five star hotels, international airports.
I am preparing for my Gmat exams. Am i able to get the admission in ISB if i got more than 700 score in gmat or my academics are good enough to get consider in top bschools in the world.
My primary target B School is ISB, apart from that other options are the b schools in the US/UK.
Will be very happy for the profile evaluation.
Many thanks in advance.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  20   21   22   23   24  ...  307