It is currently 23 Nov 2017, 13:29

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Expert Post
Admission Consultant
User avatar
G
Joined: 16 Jan 2012
Posts: 993

Kudos [?]: 156 [0], given: 52

Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Jan 2017, 12:40
nishantverma91 wrote:
Have 9-10 months before I apply for next year. I lack any NGO/Volunteer experience. Should I add this to my profile? Won't it have any negative impact on my application considering I started this only after being rejected.

Also, any other suggestions are welcome.



By this theory, you would not be able to improve on any account :)

It does not matter to start something new because 9-10 months of concerted efforts is sufficient time.

And with the application deadline coming closer, my advice to all reapplicants is to use the optional essay to show how you have IMPROVED since your last application. Even if your career goals have changed, its okay (a 180 degree turn is not okay), but explain what led to the change.
_________________

Namita Garg,
http://www.mbadecoder.com
+91 9901566772

Contact us at: contact@mbadecoder.com

Ask for a FREE profile evaluation HERE


Featured among the top 25 Women CEOs in India, in the CEO Magazine

Kudos [?]: 156 [0], given: 52

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 23 Sep 2016
Posts: 12

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 15

Location: India
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
GPA: 3
WE: Operations (Energy and Utilities)
Profile evaluation for ISB class 2018. [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Jan 2017, 12:49
Hello Experts,

Greetings !!
Hope my query finds you all healthy and fit.

I am planning to apply for b-schools for session 2018. Professionally I belong to core sector (Energy industry). I have four issues running in my mind, which needs to be addressed. So, I request you all to please evaluate my profile as per your experience. All your reviews/suggestions are highly solicited and will be extremely regarded from my side.
Please give honest suggestions, even if they are hard to digest.

My four issues:-
1. My extremely low scores in 12th & B.tech. Are these going to be the showstopper for my dream? If not, then how to manage?
2. Gap after completion of Engg till the start of employment, i.e Aug 2010 till May 2011.
3. My career shift from Oil & gas pipeline industry to Thermal power generation industry. As both are completely different from each other.
4. Year gap between completion of 12th (2005) till the start of graduation (2006).

Profile:-

Nationality - Indian from Odisha.

Education :-
2003 - 76% in 10th [CBSE]
2005 - 58% in 12th [CHSE - State board Odisha]
2006/10 - 6.35/10 CGPA in B.Tech - Mechanical from a private college in Odisha. [ State university - BPUT]
2013/14 - 82% in Post Graduate Diploma in Thermal power plant operations and maintenance. [ Central electricity authority, Govt. of India]

GMAT - Didn't appear. [ Appearing in april]
GMAT Prep test 1 - 640. [ Targetting for 720+]

Internal auditor for ISO 9001, ISO 14001 & BS OHSAS 18001 - Certified by Bureau Veritas.
Master Diploma in Project planning & management - Certified by CADD center, Bangalore.

Work ex: - [Total 4.5 years approx]

- [May 2011 - Sept 2013]
Production and planning engineer with Jindal Saw Limited for 2 years 4 months.
My responsibilities were to plan for production and look after shop-floor production activities of Oil & Gas steel pipeline manufacturing of size ranging from 24" to 88". Looking after pipe quality along with welding quality. During this tenure, I worked with various nationalities like Australians, Saudi's, Kuwaiti's, African's as they used to work with us as quality inspectors for their products. Also worked as a team member of IMS implementation project & scrap reduction project in my plant. Later conducted various quality audits in my plant and other plants as certified Internal auditor. I have been involved in multi-billion $ GLNG- Saipem project of 557 km API grade pipes which was considered to be the most dreadful order at that point of time in Indian pipeline industry because of its limit's upon manufacturing tolerances & quality standards.

- [Nov 2014 - till now]
Boiler & Turbine operation engineer with Operational energy group for 2 years 2 months and continuing.
Initially, when I joined here, the project [Unit#1] commissioning was about to get started. So, I started as commissioning Engg at first and went on to solve various and typical issues of boiler & turbine area.During commissioning I solved various issues like the flame failure inside the boiler, Generator hydrogen sealing systems, Coal mills frequent tripping, Pa fans balancing & others. After achieving COD letter from Ministry of power, we started regular operations.

Achievments:-
At JSL
1. Designed and fabricated an in-house ID-MIG welding holder within a night shift, which prevented the plant from being shut down. As no spares were available & it was to be procured from Germany.
2. Production and planning department never faced an NC ( non- conformance) during my tenure.
3. Sucessful production planning and execution saved 50 tn of raw mild steel upon completion of a domestic project.
At OEG
1. Solved combustion related, coal miils related issues of boiler.
2. Saved unit from tripping while COD run was going on, which saved my company from the re-run of COD. In term of money, a re-run would have costed us arroung 2 cr.
3. Highest appraisal in the company for two times consecutively along with being promoted in first 10 months of service.

*****
- I dont have any substantial proof to prove my co-curricular activities. While I was in class-VIII, I raised Rs 6000 for a group named "HELP-AGE INDIA". I too recieved a certificate of appreciation and a medallion.
- Organised college cultural & technical fest's.

Reason for career shift during 2013 -
Took this decision to justify my personal commitments, which I wasn't able to accomplish while I was in JSL. Plant was located in gujrat in a very remote place named mundra.
As I am a resident of Odisha, I felt shifting into power sector would fetch me a job in odisha and at the same time I would be able to handle other things too. So I went on with a full time Power industry certification course [2013-2014]. With time I was proved to be wrong. Today, I feel I wasn't mature enough at that point of time to handle personal issues. Not only career shift, I left a MNC and now working in a relatively very small company.


Thankyou all in advance. Please evaluate my profile and give honest suggestions.
Also suggest me other colleges where I have chances of converting. Any cost effective abroad universities with decent ROI.

Once again, thanking you all. :)

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 15

Intern
Intern
User avatar
S
Joined: 20 Apr 2015
Posts: 10

Kudos [?]: 27 [0], given: 35

Location: India
GMAT 1: 530 Q37 V25
GPA: 3.8
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Jan 2017, 04:30
Hello,

Kindly evaluate my profile and give suggestions for ISB (R2) class of 2018.

Male/27
X (2006): 91%
XII (2008): 75%
B.tech Biotechnology,VIT University, Vellore (2012): 8/10 CGPA
Work Experience (2012-till date): Asst. Manager,Dr. Reddys Lab, Bio-pharma large scale manufacturing.
GMAT (2nd attempt): 680 (Q48 V34)
Career Goals: Operations Management/SCM

Extras:
Authored a research paper during graduation.
Runners-up in a national level bio-business competition organised by GoI.
Awarded as distuinguised performer at work.
Highly involved in CSR activity from company side.
_________________

--Asis

1.01^365= 37.8, but 0.99^365=0.03. Give a extra step each day to take big results!!

Kudos [?]: 27 [0], given: 35

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 02 Jan 2017
Posts: 9

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 1

Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Jan 2017, 05:22
Hi,

Overall your profile looks great with 4 years of experience and good academics.Since ISB give weightage to both GMAT score and your past experience.I feel you have a very good chance.Good Luck


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 1

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 24 Apr 2016
Posts: 1

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Jan 2017, 09:14
Hi,

Please help by evaluating my profile. What GMAT score should I target?

One Attempt at GMAT: 640

Academics:
1. 10th : 80%
2. 12th: 85%
3. Graduation(B.Tech, Computer Science, IP University , Delhi): 73%, 2 awards in inter college events.
4. Work Ex: 5.5 Years as on 31st March 2017(Bechtel). 2 exemplary performance awards, One Six Sigma Award; 2 promotions.One of the youngest lead. Project Manager of a short( 6 month) Internal project (One of the Youngest in the company's history) Leading a team of 10 people(but it is virtual team with no reporting)
Mentor to 2 College hires.
5. Certifications: CAPM, Integraph Advanced Admin( Smart Plant Foundation)

Leadership:
1. One of the Youngest PM's in Current Office location. Currently being mentored for a leadership position.
1. Co-Founder of Inter College Festival. Successfully managed it for 2 years. Consultant for 1 year after that

Extra curricular:

Active Member of CSR where employed
Active member in an organisation that manages cleanliness drive in the community.
Active Junior Achievement member
Passive Moderator of a Tech Geek page on Facebook with 600 members so far

Regards
Nikesh

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 18 Sep 2016
Posts: 3

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 3

Location: India
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
GPA: 3
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Jan 2017, 03:25
Hi
Kindly evaluate my profile; interested in ISB and INSEAD

Male/28 yrs
GMAT 1st attempt - 700

B.Tech (IIT Roorkee) - CGPA - 7.75
X - 90.6%
XII - 91.2%

Work exp. - 7.5 yrs (NTPC Ltd.)
Designation - Deputy Manager
Role - Operations - Coal, Gas and Solar power plants.

Extras -
involved in two startups - one sports related and second in renewable energy.
(though I don't hold any posts in them due to legal issues - PSU employees are not allowed )

decent extra-curricular experience both in college as well as in NTPC.

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 3

Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 03 Aug 2016
Posts: 114

Kudos [?]: 30 [0], given: 53

Location: India
Concentration: Operations, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 690 Q50 V33
GPA: 4
WE: Design (Transportation)
Reviews Badge
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Jan 2017, 08:57
Hello Experts

I need a evaluation for my profile

I am 30 now.
CGPA 6.3
GMAT 690 q 50 V 33 IR 6

Total experience 7 years
My job is into Design & development of trains & trams
I was one of the engineers who designed the Kochi metro, Chennai metro & Lucknow metro.
Kochi metro was the first metro that was completely designed in India. I was a major part in that project.

Leadership: I have nearly 3 years of team leading experience (team of 15-20). I also have 2 years entrepreneurship exp (have own coaching institute).

Volunteer work: I have set up a unofficial NGO (During my engineering) which helps flood victims in Odisha(India). We have worked for relief of flood victim in 2005, 2014 & 2015 ( we are a group of friends & some locals). Our educational institute provide free education for underprivileged students.
Work for a NGO that support child education.

Biggest question is should I retake GMAT exam? or my profile & GMAT score are good enough? ISB was my target school. I will take admission only if I get into Top 40 BSchools (Be it US, Europe or ASIA)

Regards
Alok

Kudos [?]: 30 [0], given: 53

Manager
Manager
User avatar
S
Joined: 25 Apr 2016
Posts: 128

Kudos [?]: 35 [0], given: 17

Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.71
WE: Supply Chain Management (Consumer Products)
CAT Tests
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Jan 2017, 09:03
alokspa wrote:
Hello Experts

I need a evaluation for my profile

I am 30 now.
CGPA 6.3
GMAT 690 q 50 V 33 IR 6

Total experience 7 years
My job is into Design & development of trains & trams
I was one of the engineers who designed the Kochi metro, Chennai metro & Lucknow metro.
Kochi metro was the first metro that was completely designed in India. I was a major part in that project.

Leadership: I have nearly 3 years of team leading experience (team of 15-20). I also have 2 years entrepreneurship exp (have own coaching institute).

Volunteer work: I have set up a unofficial NGO (During my engineering) which helps flood victims in Odisha(India). We have worked for relief of flood victim in 2005, 2014 & 2015 ( we are a group of friends & some locals). Our educational institute provide free education for underprivileged students.
Work for a NGO that support child education.

Biggest question is should I retake GMAT exam? or my profile & GMAT score are good enough? ISB was my target school. I will take admission only if I get into Top 40 BSchools (Be it US, Europe or ASIA)

Regards
Alok


Hey Alok,

Your profile is great. You dont need to re-take GMAT. A -20/30 score below school avg with a standout profile is called within reach. Are you currently in US?

Kudos [?]: 35 [0], given: 17

Manager
Manager
User avatar
S
Joined: 25 Apr 2016
Posts: 128

Kudos [?]: 35 [0], given: 17

Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.71
WE: Supply Chain Management (Consumer Products)
CAT Tests
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Jan 2017, 09:09
image wrote:
Hi
Kindly evaluate my profile; interested in ISB and INSEAD

Male/28 yrs
GMAT 1st attempt - 700

B.Tech (IIT Roorkee) - CGPA - 7.75
X - 90.6%
XII - 91.2%

Work exp. - 7.5 yrs (NTPC Ltd.)
Designation - Deputy Manager
Role - Operations - Coal, Gas and Solar power plants.

Extras -
involved in two startups - one sports related and second in renewable energy.
(though I don't hold any posts in them due to legal issues - PSU employees are not allowed )

decent extra-curricular experience both in college as well as in NTPC.


My opinion- You got good acads, GMAT is in place as well and your experience is above average. IIT Brand sets you apart. If you essays are well compiled I believe you will get an interview call. Even if you do okay in your interview you are in. Good luck!

Kudos [?]: 35 [0], given: 17

Manager
Manager
User avatar
S
Joined: 25 Apr 2016
Posts: 128

Kudos [?]: 35 [0], given: 17

Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.71
WE: Supply Chain Management (Consumer Products)
CAT Tests
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Jan 2017, 09:15
Kakkar30 wrote:
Hi,

Please help by evaluating my profile. What GMAT score should I target?

One Attempt at GMAT: 640

Academics:
1. 10th : 80%
2. 12th: 85%
3. Graduation(B.Tech, Computer Science, IP University , Delhi): 73%, 2 awards in inter college events.
4. Work Ex: 5.5 Years as on 31st March 2017(Bechtel). 2 exemplary performance awards, One Six Sigma Award; 2 promotions.One of the youngest lead. Project Manager of a short( 6 month) Internal project (One of the Youngest in the company's history) Leading a team of 10 people(but it is virtual team with no reporting)
Mentor to 2 College hires.
5. Certifications: CAPM, Integraph Advanced Admin( Smart Plant Foundation)

Leadership:
1. One of the Youngest PM's in Current Office location. Currently being mentored for a leadership position.
1. Co-Founder of Inter College Festival. Successfully managed it for 2 years. Consultant for 1 year after that

Extra curricular:

Active Member of CSR where employed
Active member in an organisation that manages cleanliness drive in the community.
Active Junior Achievement member
Passive Moderator of a Tech Geek page on Facebook with 600 members so far

Regards
Nikesh



Nikesh,

Everything looks good in your profile except GMAT score. With this profile even a 680/690 can get you an interview call. 640 looks a bit too low and altough some people in the past have managed to crack admits their profile were stellar.

Kudos [?]: 35 [0], given: 17

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 18 Sep 2016
Posts: 3

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 3

Location: India
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
GPA: 3
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Jan 2017, 10:56
ag111 wrote:
image wrote:
Hi
Kindly evaluate my profile; interested in ISB and INSEAD

Male/28 yrs
GMAT 1st attempt - 700

B.Tech (IIT Roorkee) - CGPA - 7.75
X - 90.6%
XII - 91.2%

Work exp. - 7.5 yrs (NTPC Ltd.)
Designation - Deputy Manager
Role - Operations - Coal, Gas and Solar power plants.

Extras -
involved in two startups - one sports related and second in renewable energy.
(though I don't hold any posts in them due to legal issues - PSU employees are not allowed )

decent extra-curricular experience both in college as well as in NTPC.


My opinion- You got good acads, GMAT is in place as well and your experience is above average. IIT Brand sets you apart. If you essays are well compiled I believe you will get an interview call. Even if you do okay in your interview you are in. Good luck!

Thanks ag111

Sent from my ONE E1003 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 3

Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 03 Aug 2016
Posts: 114

Kudos [?]: 30 [0], given: 53

Location: India
Concentration: Operations, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 690 Q50 V33
GPA: 4
WE: Design (Transportation)
Reviews Badge
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Jan 2017, 05:00
Hi ag111

Thanks
No I am in India. Today submitting ISB application. Hope for best :)

ag111 wrote:
alokspa wrote:
Hello Experts

I need a evaluation for my profile

I am 30 now.
CGPA 6.3
GMAT 690 q 50 V 33 IR 6

Total experience 7 years
My job is into Design & development of trains & trams
I was one of the engineers who designed the Kochi metro, Chennai metro & Lucknow metro.
Kochi metro was the first metro that was completely designed in India. I was a major part in that project.

Leadership: I have nearly 3 years of team leading experience (team of 15-20). I also have 2 years entrepreneurship exp (have own coaching institute).

Volunteer work: I have set up a unofficial NGO (During my engineering) which helps flood victims in Odisha(India). We have worked for relief of flood victim in 2005, 2014 & 2015 ( we are a group of friends & some locals). Our educational institute provide free education for underprivileged students.
Work for a NGO that support child education.

Biggest question is should I retake GMAT exam? or my profile & GMAT score are good enough? ISB was my target school. I will take admission only if I get into Top 40 BSchools (Be it US, Europe or ASIA)

Regards
Alok


Hey Alok,

Your profile is great. You dont need to re-take GMAT. A -20/30 score below school avg with a standout profile is called within reach. Are you currently in US?

Kudos [?]: 30 [0], given: 53

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 23 Nov 2016
Posts: 2

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Location: India
Concentration: General Management, Leadership
GPA: 3.76
WE: Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Profile Evaluation Request [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Jan 2017, 07:51
Hi,

My name is Bharath and I wish to apply to the ISB in 2017 under EEO for a deferred admission to the batch starting in April-2019. My profile details are as follows:

Academics:

1. Class X (Karnataka State Board) - 97.92%

2. Class XII (Karnataka State Board) - 93.67%

3. B.Eng in Civil Engineering (R.V.College of Engineering, Bangalore), Class of 2014 - 9.40/10.0 CGPA

4. Post Graduate Diploma in Infrastructure & Construction Management (Distance Learning) - 76%

5. Currently pursuing an MBA in Real Estate and Urban Infrastructure at RICS SBE - Amity University; will graduate in 2018.

Work Experience:

1. 22 months of Full Time experience as an Assistant Engineer in WS Atkins, working on the UK Water Supply from 2014 to 2016, before moving for an MBA.

Achievements and extra-curriculars:

1) One of the state toppers in Class X exams

2) Winner of many regional and national level debate competitions, including those at IIT's

3) An active organiser of national level symposiums - during college days

4) Also, have worked as a faculty, tutoring Class X students on a part-time basis for 24 months, while studying engineering.

5) International Journal publication of my research work on a Green Building Material.

6) Received great appreciation at workplace with "Exceeding Expectation" rating in two annual appraisals, on the trot.

7) Besides, I am also a powerful orator.


Considering that the EEO requires the applicants to have work ex <24 months, I fit into the rudimentary requirements of the application. I also have points to defend my MBA qualification, if prompted at the stage of the interview. I hope that my profile also brings in the diversity factor into play, with an MBA in a specialised and unconventional branch - Real Estate.

May I know as to what my GMAT score should be to expect an interview call and my possibilities of making it through the selection process with the above-mentioned profile?

Really appreciate an evaluation from the members.

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 25 Apr 2016
Posts: 25

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 199

Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Marketing
ISB Profile Evaluation [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Jan 2017, 10:41
Hi,

Please evaluate my profile according to the following stats given below.

Education-
10th - 89.8% (ICSE)
12th - 92.5% (ISC)

Graduation-

B.Tech- Computer Science and Engineering: CGPA 9.04/10

Work Experience -

25 months of experience in a technology consultancy firm(Big 4 - PwC),working in Microsoft Dynamics ERP in approximately 7 different types of assignments covering areas like the publishing industry,analytics,real estate consulting,fleet management,HR to name a few.Got promoted once in these 25 months.I worked with both domestic and international clients including PwC Exordia,PwC Canada,PwC UK and Lucy(UAE).

Extra curriculars:-

1) Food blogger/restaurant reviewer having a dedicated food blog.
2)Indian classical dancer having a state level graduation certificate from one of India's esteemed institutes.
3)Organizer of the technical fest in college for 4 consecutive years.
4)Painter/sketcher
5)Stream topper in college.

Apart from this,I have two professional certifications from Microsoft in the ERP Domain.

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 199

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 25 Apr 2016
Posts: 25

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 199

Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Marketing
ISB Profile Evaluation [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Jan 2017, 10:53
Hi,

Following are my academic and professional qualifications:-

1)10th-89.8%
2)12th-92.5%
3)B.Tech graduation- 85%+(9.04 CGPA)

Currently working as a Techno-Functional Consultant at Pricewaterhouse Coopers in the ERP Domain,completed 25 months.Worked with both domestic and international clients,in a total of 7 projects,some of the international clients being PwC Exordia,PwC Canada,PwC UK and Lucy(UAE). My area of work covered the publishing industry,fleet management industry,analytics,real estate consulting and HR to name a few.Got promoted once during my tenure.

Apart from this,I have two professional certifications of Microsoft in the ERP Domain.

My extracurricular activities:-

1)Certified classical dancer(Kathak) from one of the premier institutes of India.
2)Painter/Sketcher.
3)One of the organizers of the college fest.
4)Food blogger/restaurant reviewer(Having my own blog).
5)Stream topper in college.

Please evaluate my profile and suggest a good score for ISB.

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 199

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 15 Dec 2016
Posts: 3

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 1

Location: India
GMAT 1: 700 Q44 V41
GPA: 3
Re: ISB Profile Evaluation [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Jan 2017, 11:15
What is ISB's response/attitude to any backlogs during undergraduation (which have now been cleared)?

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 1

Manager
Manager
User avatar
B
Joined: 26 May 2016
Posts: 121

Kudos [?]: 31 [0], given: 0

Schools: ISB (A)
Re: ISB Profile Evaluation [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Jan 2017, 23:40
ishitam wrote:
Hi,

Following are my academic and professional qualifications:-

1)10th-89.8%
2)12th-92.5%
3)B.Tech graduation- 85%+(9.04 CGPA)

Currently working as a Techno-Functional Consultant at Pricewaterhouse Coopers in the ERP Domain,completed 25 months.Worked with both domestic and international clients,in a total of 7 projects,some of the international clients being PwC Exordia,PwC Canada,PwC UK and Lucy(UAE). My area of work covered the publishing industry,fleet management industry,analytics,real estate consulting and HR to name a few.Got promoted once during my tenure.

Apart from this,I have two professional certifications of Microsoft in the ERP Domain.

My extracurricular activities:-

1)Certified classical dancer(Kathak) from one of the premier institutes of India.
2)Painter/Sketcher.
3)One of the organizers of the college fest.
4)Food blogger/restaurant reviewer(Having my own blog).
5)Stream topper in college.

Please evaluate my profile and suggest a good score for ISB.

Hi Ishitam

Your profile seems good with a good blend of acads and extra curriculars. While 25 months of experience is a little low (ISB avg is around 5 yrs), it can be compensate for in well drafted application essays. While GMAT is only a component of your application, you must aim for atleast 700 which is about par for ISB. Let us know in case of further queries.

Sent from my SM-J700F using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
_________________

Regards,

Team Strategy4GMAT

http://www.strategy4gmat.com

(an ISB alumni initiative)

Not sure how a consultant helps? Try our FREE essay review below:

https://goo.gl/forms/JLfAYZ2icNSDlShI3

Kudos [?]: 31 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
User avatar
Joined: 16 Mar 2016
Posts: 5

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 3

Concentration: Leadership, Sustainability
GRE 1: 331 Q167 V164
WE: Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Jan 2017, 09:55
Hi Guys,



Although a bit late, I want to thank strategy4gmat for streamlining my thoughts and answers during my Round 1 interviews. The tips and suggestions were really helpful and acted as the right catalyst which helped me get an admit @ISBCo2018.
They have a proper detail analysis at the end of each mock which just helps your answers get better and more focussed.

Thanks a ton guys. Keep up the good work.

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 3

Intern
Intern
User avatar
B
Affiliations: Admission Consultant
Joined: 19 Jan 2017
Posts: 47

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

Re: profile evaluation [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Jan 2017, 10:46
mohdabbas5 wrote:
Hello Experts,


I will be applying for the b schools in 2018 , i am currently working as a mechanical design engineer in kuwait based international consultants. i have been involved with various types of design/supervision projects.
I will be very happy for the profile evaluation.
Nationality: Indian
Education: Btech-72% Punjab Technical University (date conferred-2012)
12th 53.2% 10th 72%
Work Experience:
I have been involved in design projects for 4+ yrs and in that span of my career i have worked and presently working in design/supervision of various big projects like cancer hospitals, five star hotels, international airports.
I am preparing for my Gmat exams. Am i able to get the admission in ISB if i got more than 700 score in gmat or my academics are good enough to get consider in top bschools in the world.
My primary target B School is ISB, apart from that other options are the b schools in the US/UK.
Will be very happy for the profile evaluation.
Many thanks in advance.


Hi there,

Short Answer :

A score of more than 700 would put you in a good spot more so because your prior academic records are about average. Having said that 700+ is no guarantee for an admission in a premium B-School. Your work experience seems to have the depth that is required for building a good story but it would be critical to bring out the best aspects of your profile to the fore.

Long Answer :

As you are working for an international design consultant in a design/supervision role, your profile is a 'bit' different from the general Indian applications at most premium schools. The number of applications from the core sectors are fewer but are still substantial. The focus then for your profile would be to bring out the stories that set you apart therefore involvement in key projects in key roles would be important.Since you have some time in your hand, you can work towards that. Also if you have some international experience(in countries other than your base location) or can build this experience over the next 6 months it would be extremely helpful for you candidature.

Average GMAT score at premium B Schools is more than 700 and being an Indian engineer, we can safely say that less than a 700 score for you would make it substantially difficult to make the profile stand out.

At ISB, the average score for the class of 2017 was 704 and so would be at any top school in US/UK. Therefore a 700 would be a minimum benchmark for you to target.

Our recommendation :

1) Ace your GMAT : Aim for a 720+ score
2) Consolidate your profile : Get international experience, if you haven't and if you can. Additionally try to get involved in mission critical aspects of your project. The toughest work experience makes for the best stories.

We will be happy to take the conversation forward through PM / Email

Kind Regards,
Team Taterways
_________________

Taterways Admission Consulting - A Wharton + ISB venture
http://www.taterways.com

Sign up for a free consultation:
http://www.taterways.com/free-consultation

Follow us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/taterways

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
User avatar
B
Affiliations: Admission Consultant
Joined: 19 Jan 2017
Posts: 47

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

Re: Does a 620 gmat elicit a call from ISB? profile info below [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Jan 2017, 10:48
born2eat22 wrote:
"Hi guys,

I have scored a 620 in gmat and want to apply to ISB. Though the ISB website says their lowest score is 590, it would be great if those of you who are ISB admits help a) validate this b) share tips and experiences from your successful isb application
Thank you in advance!

Brief about my profile:
Entrepreneurial exposure: Running a successful pre-school for the past 6 months. Handling its end its end marketing, HR operations
Extensive research experience: 6+ years of experience in the research arm of the worlds biggest consultancy with onsite consulting experience for a couple of projects.
The initial story I have penned down is pretty solid and both my recommendations are solid too. "



Hi there,

Short Answer :

You have everything going good for you except the GMAT score and since you still have time till your applications, we will strongly recommend you to retake your GMAT. You will be surprised at the number of entrepreneurs applying to ISB, therefore it is a very competitive pool as well.


Long Answer :

The number of applicants from entrepreneurial background has skyrocketed in the last couple of years, therefore it is a competitive pool as well. You have mentioned a sub-600 GMAT score. This is at the lower end of the range and such scores generally are of exceptional candidates with a truly remarkable profile. An Indian running a startup in India may not fall in that category. To give you a perspective; in the batch of one of our co-founders, the candidate who had a sub-600 score came from an international defense science and technology background. Your best bet would thus be to substantially improve your GMAT score in the next 4-5 months.

Your entrepreneurial experience is a double edged sword. ISB simply loves entrepreneurs and is extremely helpful towards alums who want to pursue this journey and therefore is kinder towards applicants from this category as well. However the number of applicants with some sort of entrepreneurial experience has risen exponentially, plus ISB admission committee is known to grill applicants with entrepreneurial experience or dreams as they want to know how well they have thought through their business ideas and how much growth their startup has achieved till date.

Our recommendation :

1) Ace your GMAT : Aim for a 680+ score
2) Consolidate your profile : Get clarity on your career goals on why you want to pursue an MBA (Why make a heavy investment when you are already running a successful startup)

We will be happy to take the conversation forward through PM / Email

Kind Regards,
Team Taterways
_________________

Taterways Admission Consulting - A Wharton + ISB venture
http://www.taterways.com

Sign up for a free consultation:
http://www.taterways.com/free-consultation

Follow us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/taterways

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 0

Re: Does a 620 gmat elicit a call from ISB? profile info below   [#permalink] 22 Jan 2017, 10:48

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  20   21   22   23   24   25   26  ...  66    Next  [ 1313 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderators: mihir0710, warriorguy



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.