Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 09:11 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 09:11

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Given Kudos: 313
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
GPA: 3.82
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
VP
VP
Affiliations: MBAkarma
Own Kudos [?]: 213 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.75
Send PM
Re: ISB Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Hello vsasu29

Your profile checks all the boxes- Academics, GMAT, work ex, great extracurriculars.
Only thing left is how you tie all this in a strong narrative (via your essays, interviews and LOR) and show a fit with the school (AKA goals).
Don't see any evident weakness.

All the best
Varun
MBAkarma.com

vsasu29 wrote:
Hi
Please evaluate my profile:

GMAT: 710 – Q50/V34

Work Experience: 5 years (approx.)
Senior Business Analyst at Accenture
Working as a consultant in the Digital Manufacturing/Industry X practice focusing on industrial digital transformation and delivering digital solutions to solve clients’ most pressing challenges.

Work Achievements:
1. Accenture Innovator Award
2. Accenture Celebrates Excellence (ACE) Award
3. Accenture – Demonstrating Talent Award
4. Accenture – Delivering Outcomes Award

Patents: 1 granted and 1 pending

Education:

Graduation:

1. B.Tech in Petroleum Engineering
2. Percentage: 83.72

3. Achievements:
i. University Gold Medal
ii. Endowment Gold Medal
iii. Best Outgoing Student

4. Extra-curricular:
i. President of a Student Club in final year and organized the dept’s annual tech fest – led a core team of 30 members and raised approx. 10L for the tech fest
ii. Initiative Lead for a program that involved teaching underprivileged children
iii. Winner of 15th University Inter-Collegiate Football Tournament
iv. Captain of the Department’s Football team

12th Standard: Percentage – 93
10th Standard: CGPA – 9.8

Other Notable Achievements:
1. Silver Medalist at 19th Orissa State Karate Championship
2. Black Belt in Karate

Goal:
Gain relevant knowledge and extend my current role into strategy related work that defines the digital transformation journey of clients as well as implement the digital enablers

Thanks!
VP
VP
Send PM
Hello isbaspirant8275

Needless to say that the GMAT is well below the average of the school, but it looks like your work ex and extracurricular could potentially give you that edge and help you stand out.
Looking at your work ex, not sure if this is with 1 or 2 companies or have you changed more than 3-4 companies in 4 years. If that is the case, it would be something that might need to be addressed in your application.
Of course, career journey will be need to be backed with clear and realistic career goals and the need to attend ISB. Since there is no mention of career goals here, tough to give a feedback on the same.

Best
Varun
MBAkarma.com

isbaspirant8275 wrote:
Hi everyone,

May I request an evaluation of my profile:

GMAT Score: 660 [Quant:44 , Verbal:36, I.R.:6 , AWA:awaited]

Educational Qualifications:

Graduation: Completed B.E in Computer Science from Gujarat Technological University in 2016 with 5.8 CGPA

Work Experience: 4 years
    Sept '16 - Apr '17: fellow for one of the most active seed-stage venture capital firms
    Apr '16 - Aug '17: marketing & employer branding associate for a deep-tech series-B startup
    Aug '16 - Aug '19: chief of staff to the co-founder & CTO at a deep-tech series-B startup
    Sept '19 - Aug '20: Product Manager at a deep-tech series-B startup for multiple product lines (launched a 0-1 product and also managed their analytics product suite
    Aug '20 - present: Analyst at an early-stage venture capital firm

received multiple recognitions and promotions during my stint at the deep-tech startup

Extra-Curricular:
    Volunteered with a national not-for-profit firm that enables entrepreneurs at the grass-roots level for 3 years across 3 cities
    enjoy hiking (i go on atleast 3-4 high altitude treks(13k+ ft) a year and scuba diving(PADI certified)

Target: ISB, applying in R1 this year
VP
VP
Send PM
Hello anonymous3497

You have a lot going for you.
Only thing I'd want to address is why you feel you are ready for PGP now due to the lower years of work ex (even if it is EEO), rest is good to go.
For a software engineer (largest and most competitive pool of applicants) , you have decent stats that can help you stand out.

Best
Varun
MBAkarma.com

anonymous3497 wrote:
Hi
Please Evaluate my profile

Work ex:14 months, going for Early Entry options of ISB

GMAT : 720 (q49, v39)
UG : BE from NSIT, computer Engineering (7.58/10) (2016-2020)

Currently working as Software Engineer at Flipkart (last 3 months), earlier 11 months at MakeMyTrip, similar profile

Volunteer work: Volunteer teacher at Teach for India from past 2 months.
Have been part of organising committee at few awareness campaign such as Organ Donation Campaign by VMMC and Safdarjung hospital in 2019

Certifications: have done 6 Coursera certification from Wharton, Yale som etc like Introduction to Marketing etc

Post MBA: Short term: Product Manager in tech firms.

12th CBSE 89%
10th Cbse 10 cgpa

Posted from my mobile device
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 213 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Hello Sakethvishnu

Your profile has a good balance of acads, extracurricular and work ex that shows good potential.
While I believe that this score is competitive for your profile, however, if you feel that you can better this by at least 20-30 points, go for it. A 710 vs a 720 won't be much of a game changer for you.
For R1, there is still good enough time left (3+ weeks- not luxury of time, but enough nonetheless)

Best
Varun
MBAkarma.com

Sakethvishnu wrote:
Hello,

I took GMAT recently and scored 710 Q50 V35 IR 6.

Profile :

Work exp - by may 2022 - 4 years - at a Top 10 MNC, working in INDIA - Cloud Dev Role.
Won several awards, 8+ certifications, many customer interactions, and external workshop sessions.

Educational Qualifications:

Graduation: Completed B.E in ECE from AMRITA UNIVERSITY, CBE in 2018 with 9 CGPA
Intermediate : 95.8% [ in MnPnC - 99.2%]
10th : 9.5

Extra-Curricular:
- Organized out of state trips during college and managed all the logistics and event management with help of my team.
- One of the founding members of a NPO in my hometown and have addressed several issues, lending our help wherever possible.
- Leaded a team where we built the land rover where we got funding for 20K during our college times.
- wrote 2 IEEE papers .

Target: ISB.

Please advise me on 1. Whether shall i work hard quickly to apply for R1 or take some time and apply for R2 .
2. I want to shift domain to ECE based industry and be in a product manager role .. Does ISB help me in achieving that .
3. Am planning to give 1 more attempt at GMAT ? so generally wat is a score that remains good for 2-3 years down the line ?

Thanks in Advance.

Take care & stay safe everyone :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
GMAT 1: 630 Q48 V28
GRE 1: Q165 V156
Send PM
Hi,

Please evaluate my profile for ISB

Male - 28 years old

Academic Details-
10th - 74%
12th - 71.33%
Bachelor of Technology - 70.22% from Uttar Pradesh Technical University.

GMAT Score - VA28/QA48/IR7

Work Experience-
Data Scientist with 68 months of experience in the field Supply Chain Management, Batch Analytics, and IT Operations. Have been a part of more than 30 different customer engagements with leading more than 20 of them.

Extra curricular-
1 Research Publication at IEEE conference
1 Patent
Winner of Larson and Turbo Finance - Fin Hack 2 - Hackathon in the year 2020
Winner of Digitate Ideathon - 2020
Winner of Digitate Ideathon - 2018

Head of the drama group 2013-14
President of Leadership Training Service Organization at School 2010-2011

Any inputs would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 75 [0]
Given Kudos: 62
Send PM
Hello,

Request you to kindly review and evaluate my profile.

Male 25 years

Academics -

10th - 10 CGPA
12th - 89%
UG (B.Tech, ECE) - 8.9

GRE Score - 323

Work ex -

1. Novartis - working as a Senior Analyst in Commercial Excellence team. Recently promoted. Work ex includes pharma brand analysis, Omnichannel marketing strategy engagements, field force incentives operations and other commercial excellence imperatives. Several workplace accolades and co-curricular achievements awarded

2. ZS - Worked as Associate in pharma commercial excellence practice area. Involved in business analysis for a US based multinational pharma company, involving but not limited to building BI dashboards, operationalising reporting, system setups and build, etc

Extra Curricular -

1. Runner up at Maharani Gayatri Devi National Quiz (Class X1)
2. School topper in class Xth
3. Participated, Won and presided as judge for over 20 Model united Nations conferences in college
4. Runner Up at National Paper Presentation competition organised by Miranda House's Geographic society
5. Star Impact Award (highest individual contributor award at Novartis) awarded x 4 times
6. Sony Corporate Photography Contest special mention in 2020
7. Active Member of Novartis' readers club, etc
8. Volunteer teacher at eVidyaloka initiative which is working towards UN SDGs

Any feedback will be much appreciated! :)

Thanks in advance
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 45 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Hello Kharevabs,
Your GRE is on the lower side for ISB. If possible, try to improve this by another 4 to 5 points. Though I am missing information on your graduation school and number of years of experience (I am assuming it at 4 since you are 25), your profile checks all boxes for ISB except for score. Chances of your success will depend on how you position yourself through your application.

Kharevabs wrote:
Hello,

Request you to kindly review and evaluate my profile.

Male 25 years

Academics -

10th - 10 CGPA
12th - 89%
UG (B.Tech, ECE) - 8.9

GRE Score - 323

Work ex -

1. Novartis - working as a Senior Analyst in Commercial Excellence team. Recently promoted. Work ex includes pharma brand analysis, Omnichannel marketing strategy engagements, field force incentives operations and other commercial excellence imperatives. Several workplace accolades and co-curricular achievements awarded

2. ZS - Worked as Associate in pharma commercial excellence practice area. Involved in business analysis for a US based multinational pharma company, involving but not limited to building BI dashboards, operationalising reporting, system setups and build, etc

Extra Curricular -

1. Runner up at Maharani Gayatri Devi National Quiz (Class X1)
2. School topper in class Xth
3. Participated, Won and presided as judge for over 20 Model united Nations conferences in college
4. Runner Up at National Paper Presentation competition organised by Miranda House's Geographic society
5. Star Impact Award (highest individual contributor award at Novartis) awarded x 4 times
6. Sony Corporate Photography Contest special mention in 2020
7. Active Member of Novartis' readers club, etc
8. Volunteer teacher at eVidyaloka initiative which is working towards UN SDGs

Any feedback will be much appreciated! :)

Thanks in advance
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 52
Send PM
Hello,

Request you to kindly review and evaluate my profile for ISB YLP.

GMAT - 690

Academics-
10th - CGPA 10
12th - 92.8%
UG (Mechanical Engineering B.Tech from NIT Rourkela) - 9.39

Currently working as an Associate at ZS (Consulting sector)

Extra curricular -
President of college Mathematics club
Campus Ambassador for a MNC
POR in student body (disciplinary committee, hall council)

Achievements -
Branch topper
National Level scholarship (OPJEMS)
National Engineering Olympiad Winner
Table-tennis and Badminton winner in intra-hall
District level and state level prizes in drawing competitions

Extra qualification-
Diploma in Fine Arts
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 24
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GPA: 3.72
Send PM
Hello Sir/Ma'am,

Can you please evaluate my profile for ISB?

25 Years, Female Engineer.
Class Xth : 10 CGPA
Class XIIth: 90 % (PCM with Computer Science)
College: 9.3/10 (Btech in Computer Science Engineering, Manipal University Jaipur)
GMAT: Yet to take.
Work Experience : 3 years in a SaaS Talent Assessment Company as a Senior Technology Consultant for Product.

Over the past three years, I have worked on multiple projects which include development, analytics, consulting and research and have been recognised on a company-wide level.
Alongside I am also undergoing a mentorship programme on Product Management for the past 9 months under the Director of Product at my company.
I have been awarded several SPOT awards and was also nominated for the Team Player of the year award for the year 2020.
I have also participated in multiple volunteer/social media activities organised at work and am a proud member of The Udaan Indian Foundation as a Mentor Volunteer to coach students of grade 7th in subjects like Math and Science.
Outside work, I have taken part in several Product Management Bootcamps and Case Study Competitions.

Extra-Curricular in College:
While in college, I was an active member of organising committees at various cultural as well as technical fests. I was also part of an NGO and headed their Public Relations Department where I organised multiple donation events, flash mobs etc to raise funds and also took part in several projects that covered education and sanitation. I was also awarded the Volunteer of the month award.

Post MBA: Break into Product Management.

Can you also please help me with a GMAT score range that I must target?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Send PM
raipriyadarshi wrote:
Hi,

Please evaluate my profile for ISB

Male - 28 years old

Academic Details-
10th - 74%
12th - 71.33%
Bachelor of Technology - 70.22% from Uttar Pradesh Technical University.

GMAT Score - VA28/QA48/IR7

Work Experience-
Data Scientist with 68 months of experience in the field Supply Chain Management, Batch Analytics, and IT Operations. Have been a part of more than 30 different customer engagements with leading more than 20 of them.

Extra curricular-
1 Research Publication at IEEE conference
1 Patent
Winner of Larson and Turbo Finance - Fin Hack 2 - Hackathon in the year 2020
Winner of Digitate Ideathon - 2020
Winner of Digitate Ideathon - 2018

Head of the drama group 2013-14
President of Leadership Training Service Organization at School 2010-2011

Any inputs would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Hi raipriyadarshi,

Thanks for sharing your profile.
You have a great profile considering the richness of work experience and extra curricular. But your GMAT score is not enough to have any good chance of getting through ISB

Either improve the GMAT or expand the bucket of your targeted colleges. With a GMAT of 680 plus, your application for ISB will become a strong one.

Regards
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
revati16 wrote:
Hello Sir/Ma'am,

Can you please evaluate my profile for ISB?

25 Years, Female Engineer.
Class Xth : 10 CGPA
Class XIIth: 90 % (PCM with Computer Science)
College: 9.3/10 (Btech in Computer Science Engineering, Manipal University Jaipur)
GMAT: Yet to take.
Work Experience : 3 years in a SaaS Talent Assessment Company as a Senior Technology Consultant for Product.

Over the past three years, I have worked on multiple projects which include development, analytics, consulting and research and have been recognised on a company-wide level.
Alongside I am also undergoing a mentorship programme on Product Management for the past 9 months under the Director of Product at my company.
I have been awarded several SPOT awards and was also nominated for the Team Player of the year award for the year 2020.
I have also participated in multiple volunteer/social media activities organised at work and am a proud member of The Udaan Indian Foundation as a Mentor Volunteer to coach students of grade 7th in subjects like Math and Science.
Outside work, I have taken part in several Product Management Bootcamps and Case Study Competitions.

Extra-Curricular in College:
While in college, I was an active member of organising committees at various cultural as well as technical fests. I was also part of an NGO and headed their Public Relations Department where I organised multiple donation events, flash mobs etc to raise funds and also took part in several projects that covered education and sanitation. I was also awarded the Volunteer of the month award.

Post MBA: Break into Product Management.

Can you also please help me with a GMAT score range that I must target?

Hi revati16,

Thanks for sharing your profile.

Your academics are very good. Your work experience is varied and the domain of your work is in demand. Your extra curricular are decent enough.

Any score above 680, and you will be a strong candidate for ISB. But since you are still aiming for a score, do aim the maximum you can.

Hope it helped
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 42
Send PM
Hey,

Please review my profile.

I am a 26yr old Indian Male candidate.

Academics:
10th: 85.5%
12th: 86%
U.G: Mechatronics engineering, Thapar university. 7.1/10 CGPA.

Work Experience: (Total: 4years to Present)
1. Tetra Pak (4 yrs to present): Joined Tetra Pak under a Future Talent programme as a Field service engineer.
Till now worked with companies like Amul, Coca-Cola, Dabur, Parle and various regional dairies by providing them critical support and making sure their operations are lean and able to deliver the promised quality.
Worked and promoted the use of future technologies like Hololens for augmented reality solutions to engineers +customers and predictive maintenance using industry 4.0 solutions.

2. Part of Cases over coffee global fellowship program November cohort: work along with MBB consultants on their real problem and support them in the solutions they are providing to their clients.

Awards and achievements:
1. Recognition for first 90ml packaging in the world commissioned in India for a new dairy alternative segment. With a business capability upwards of 400cr yearly.
2. Recognised in South Asian market as a proponent of worker safety awareness by clusters Leaders.

Extra curriculars:
1. State level basketball (U-19)
2. Pre-national level 10m Air Rifle shooter.
3. Participated in various formula student competition in college.

Purpose for ISB:
1. Want to shift into strategy consulting and technology consulting.

Thank you!

Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 70
GMAT 1: 650 Q49 V30
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V36 (Online)
GMAT 3: 720 Q50 V37
GPA: 3.01
Send PM
Hello fellow applicants,

Could you please evaluate my profile?

Profile:

1. GMAT Score - 720 (Q50V37)
2. Age - 27
3. Nationality - Indian
4. Work Experience - 4 years
5. Current Role - Project Manager
6. International experience - 8 Months Switzerland + 2 Months in Singapore
7. Positions of Responsibilities - College basketball team captain + Head of the Sponsorship team, Cultural fest
8. College - NIT Raipur
8. College GPA - 7.51, 12th - 89.2 % , 10th - 9.2 (Not sure if it's relevant now)
9. Immediate Post MBA goal - Tech Consulting

In my four years of work experience, first 8 months I supported my father in setting up a new business, 6 months worked in a startup as a business analyst and post that in a fortune 500 company. Even though I'm a Computer Science Engineer, I have always been interested in management roles. Hence, post-graduation I only sorted roles in this field. In my current role as a Project Manager, I'm working on a multi-million M&A project, which involves regular interaction with colleagues from over 50+ countries.

Thanks a lot!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools: ISB '23
Send PM
Please evaluate my profile :

10th - 9.2
12th - 70.4%
B.Tech(CS) from GGSIPU, New Delhi - 69.4%
M.E(Full-time)(CS) from BITS, Pilani - 7.04

Total Experience - 26 months
Current profile - MTS-2 at VMware
Awarded best team work award in previous org.

Extra Curricular - Part of school cricket team.
Post-MBA goals - Product management

Please suggest suitable GMAT score for my profile.
Also, please suggest how could I improve my overall profile for top B-schools.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools: ISB'22
GRE 1: Q165 V162
Send PM
Hey everyone
Just had few queries regarding the ISB pgp application.
- I started working from September 2018 as a full time employee but received a placement offer in Jan 2018 and was under internship from feb 2018 - September 2018 in the same organisation. Do I need to mention a different column for the internship or can I add in it in the same work exp?

- during my graduation I did an internship for 30days in Deloitte - Risk advisory ( really don’t remember much of it) in 2017. Do you think I should still add it to enhance my profile ?

- I have also done a major project for three months in DRDL ( Jan’18-Marc’18), should I add this as an internship as well?

Someone please help me out, I am really confused
Currently I work in marketing and advertising and my post mba goal is marketing?
Will these internships ( Deloitte & DRDL) really make sense if I add ? Or should I not add them in the application and will be a extra burden since I don’t remember much of it

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Schools: ISB '23 (S)
GMAT 1: 680 Q47 V35
GPA: 4
Send PM
I don't think you should mention the undergrad internships. They don't count. However, you can mention the job one, as it can count as full-time work experience. You should be able to justify that through offer letters or payslips of something. Don't mention the internships if you don't remember a lot from them. You should be able to justify what you write in your applications. And if something doesn't contribute to your overall goals, they don't really add much value in your application.

Priyan25 wrote:
Hey everyone
Just had few queries regarding the ISB pgp application.
- I started working from September 2018 as a full time employee but received a placement offer in Jan 2018 and was under internship from feb 2018 - September 2018 in the same organisation. Do I need to mention a different column for the internship or can I add in it in the same work exp?

- during my graduation I did an internship for 30days in Deloitte - Risk advisory ( really don’t remember much of it) in 2017. Do you think I should still add it to enhance my profile ?

- I have also done a major project for three months in DRDL ( Jan’18-Marc’18), should I add this as an internship as well?

Someone please help me out, I am really confused
Currently I work in marketing and advertising and my post mba goal is marketing?
Will these internships ( Deloitte & DRDL) really make sense if I add ? Or should I not add them in the application and will be a extra burden since I don’t remember much of it

I don't think you should mention the undergrad internships. They don't count. However, the job one can be mentioned because that can count as full-time work experience. Plus, mention stuff in your application you can justify. If you don't remember from your internships or if they don't add value to your overall goals, it's best not to mention.

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 640 Q49 V27 (Online)
GMAT 2: 660 Q49 V31 (Online)
GMAT 3: 700 Q49 V36
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
I would really appreciate a profile evaluation.

Background: Indian
Age 25, Male

Education: B.Tech in Electronics and Communication Engineering, NIT Kurukshetra(2018) GPA: 7.55/10 (Top 20%)
10th: CBSE 9.2/10
12th: CBSE 93.2%

GMAT: 700- Q49, V36, IR5, AWA4.5

Work experience:
#27 months of experience working at Indeed as an Analyst
- One Promotion
- I currently work on different projects in Operation areas such as Fraud Prevention, Vendor Management, etc.
- Led the Global team of analysts on various projects related to the organization.

#9 months experience working at Verizon as a Software Engineer
- Worked on the infrastructure side of a Web application.

Extracurricular activities:
1) Director cum actor in many Theatrical plays during college.
2) Currently, Brand Ambassador Lead and responsible for organizing several cultural and donation events in the workplace.

Volunteer:
- Lifetime member of the Indian Red Cross Society and have been an active participant in several Humanitarian events.

Post-MBA goals: To work in a Marketing Management Role

What are my chances in ISB as I am trying to apply for R-2?
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  228   229   230   231   232  ...  307