Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 16:03 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 16:03

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
VP
VP
Affiliations: MBAkarma
Own Kudos [?]: 213 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.75
Send PM
VP
VP
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Schools: ISB '23 (II)
GRE 1: Q169 V159
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
GPA: 4
Send PM
Re: ISB Profile Evaluation - Tools for B-School Profile Evaluation [#permalink]
Please evaluate my profile:
10 - 91.2%
12 - 88.2%
Graduation - GPA 8.34/10 (NIT)
GMAT - 700
Total Work Ex - 5+ Years (MNC, Startup)
Achievement - Awards at work, Merit certificates, one International award etc.
Extracurricular - School captain, NSS, Organized events for a tech club at college for 3 years, Organized sport events at work
VP
VP
Send PM
Hello swapnilrajeev

Some more info is needed for a complete evaluation.
Please describe your nature of work, role, career progress, key achievements, tenure in these companies. With 2 data points- 5 years and MNC/startup even the role is not clear.
Similar feedback on 'achievements'- just saying 'awards at work' will not allow anyone on this forum to understand the depth behind it. I am highlighting this so that you don't follow a similar method in your essays.
Extracurricular activities (except the sports one at office) might seem dated unless you have a larger narrative to talk about.
Lastly, any mention of career goals is missing to give any feedback on fit with the program.

Best
Varun
MBAkarma.com

swapnilrajeev wrote:
10 - 91.2%
12 - 88.2%
GMAT - 700
Extracurricular - School captain, NSS, Organized events for a tech club at college for 3 years, Organized sport events at work
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 237 [0]
Schools: ISB (A)
Send PM
Shwetha99 wrote:
Short term goal: Technology consultant

Things look decent overall Shwetha99.

This goal needs more thinking; should align with your experiences so far.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 237 [0]
Schools: ISB (A)
Send PM
sbhutta wrote:
Current Score: 650. (Q36 V44)

This score unfortunately, will not take you places sbhutta.

Since you have mentioned current score, I am assuming you are planning future score that will hopefully be better than this.

All the best.
--
Ashish.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 162 [0]
Given Kudos: 21
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
Send PM
ISBeacon wrote:
Harsha036 wrote:
Hello fellow applicants,

Could you please evaluate my profile for the 2022 intake?

1)Academics:
10th- 9.3/10
12th- 97.7/100
Undergrad - 7.62/10 (IITH)

2) GRE score- 332 ( V- 162, Q-170).
Work Experience- 3 years by May 2022.

3) Current role- General Manager-Sales at an authorized Mercedes-Benz outlet.

4)Responsibilities-

1. Suggest and decide on the introduction of new business processes, sales strategy for dealership in TS and AP.
2. Optimize costs, improving sales channels and upselling strategies to increase revenue and margins.
3. Forecast demand and manage inventory through extensive market research and competitor analysis.
4. Manage, promote and motivate employees to guarantee a healthier and productive work environment
5. Design customer feedback process; implement stringent feedback protocols to improve service delivery.

5) Extra-Curricular-
Sports Secretary- Elected Student Representative for sports of IITH Gymkhana-2017.
Institute's cricket captain.

6) Post MBA- Want to advance my career in Marketing Management. More specifically, as a Product Marketing Manager.

I think we have talked. Surprised you didn't apply in R1. Decent profile Harsha.

All the best!
--
Ashish.

Dear Harsha,
Thanks for sharing your profile.

I am an ISB alum, CO14, and have been guiding applicants in their MBA admission journeys for the last 5 years. Below is my evaluation of your profile-

GRE: Great; You're well above the typical score threshold
ACADEMICS: Above average
WORK EXPERIENCE: Average. Seems you have been involved in growth of the business through initiatives beyond your core work. However, to make a stronger impact you will need to mention some of the direct implications / results that were achieved because of the things you did. Also, with 5+ years of experience, ad coms will expect you have to have a good amount of leadership skills. You will need to showcase in your application in what context you have led teams and what sort of objectives the team achieved under your leadership.

Extra curriculars: Average. However, you might need to explain to the adcom how sports, especially Cricket, has shaped you in life.

Overall, you seem to be checking on most of the boxes as far as ISB is concerned. However, you will need to make sure that you come with a differentiated application (considering there will be a number of people applying to ISB with a prior background in sales).

Please feel free to get in touch with me at arijit.biswas@crackadmission.com and/or +91-9701215544 in case you want a detailed discussion. Good luck.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
sbhutta wrote:
Hi,
Please review my profile.

24/Female Indian.

10th Marks: 88% (ICSE)
12th Marks: 83.5% (HSC) - NM college of commerce and economics

Undergraduate - Bachelors of Accounting and Finance from NM college of Commerce and Economics ( 4.7 GPA/5 )
CFA Level 1 cleared
Work Experience - 42 months
Work Experience -
a) 9 Months in International Taxation (Ernst & Young)
b) 3 months as a Wealth Manager in a mid-size firm
c) 6 months in Investor Relationship (Ernst & Young)
d) 24 months as a Product Marketing Associate (2 Promotions at Media.Net)

Ex-curricular -
a) Head of a Management college festival in undergrad college.
b) Head of Rotaract Club of College
c) Committee Member of college festival and Rotaract Club
d) 2 years of experience in an NGO

Awards:
Won a Spotlight Award for exceptional client service at Ernst & Young

Current Score: 650. (Q36 V44)

Was detected with health issues which led to a break in the initial years of my professional journey.
Applied in R1, Is there a realistic chance to get into ISB?
Also, should I write to the admission committee or make an ex ISB alum write to the admission committee recommending me?

Thanks in advance

Hello there,
Great to hear from you. I am an ISB alum, CO14 and have been assisting applicants to get into global business schools for the past 5 years. Here is my evaluation based on your profile:

GMAT: Good
Academics: Average. CFA might give you leverage over other candidates.
Work Experience: Average. It is great that you have been promoted twice within a period of two years. You might need to explain to the ad com the shift from Investor Relationship to Product Marketing Associate and what career path you intend to choose after the MBA.

Extra curriculars: Good. Your leadership and team management skills are a definite plus point in your profile. However, the NGO experience is not at all a necessity for getting into a B-School and it is recommended you do not mention it in your application as it might come across as you doing NGO work solely for the sake of adding a pointer in your resume.

However, it is imperative that you get a GMAT score in excess of 680 to get a realistic shot at the interview. An LOR from an ex- ISB alum is highly recommended. In order to make a strong impact, you will have to draft a compelling application that is comprehensive from all angles - Essays, LORs, Resume and the online application form.

Please feel free to get in touch with me at arijit.biswas@crackadmission.com and/or +91- 9701215544 in case you want a detailed discussion. Good luck.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Shwetha99 wrote:
Hey,
Please evaluate my profile
10th : 9.6/10
12th: 94%
Undergrad: 7.81 (Biomedical Engineering at SSN)
GRE: 328 ( Q-169, V-159)
Working at Latentview analytics for the last 1 year as a Data Analyst.
Extra curricular: Quizzing, Head of Sponsorship for a college event, Under Secretary General for two versions of SSNMUN,Organized several other events in college and President of the theatre club
Applying for EEO this year.
Short term goal: Technology consultant

Posted from my mobile device

Hello Shwetha,

Thanks for sharing your profile. I am an ISB alum, CO14 and have been assisting applicants to get into global business schools for the past 5 years. Below is my take on your profile.

GRE- Great
Academics: Good. Your undergraduate degree in Biomedical Engineering might give you brownie points in your application. However, be sure to give a logical reasoning as to how you will make the jump from Biomedical engineering to an MBA.
Work experience- Below average. Be sure to explain what drives you to make the shift to Data analyst, perhaps your personal motivation story.

Extra curricular- Above Average. Your work in college societies and academics shows you can jell well in a diverse cohort. Ad coms love applicants who are multi-dimensional – your love for theatre and quizzing also demonstrates the “other side of you”. However, due to your lack of work experience, you will have to explain to the adcom the leadership roles you have taken up in your extracurricular activities.

Please feel free to get in touch with me at arijit.biswas@crackadmission.com and/or +91- 9701215544 in case you want a detailed discussion. Good luck.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
swapnilrajeev wrote:
10 - 91.2%
12 - 88.2%
GMAT - 700

Hello Swapnil,

Thanks for sharing your profile. Below is our evaluation of your profile

ACADEMICS: Above Average
WORK EXPERIENCE: Good
EXTRA CURRICULARS: Average

As far as your work experience is concerned, be sure to showcase your learnings from the diverse roles you have performed till date, eg MNC and startup. The adcom will be interested in understanding your commitment levels for each of the roles. Do mention your role in the startup- if you started it or if you were a part of the core team or neither. Try to be a little more precise with the awards you were presented with at work, especially the one international award.

When it comes to extracurriculars, try mentioning something more recent, as the ones you've mentioned seem a bit dated, unless they’re some stellar achievement. Try maximizing on organizing sport events at work and how you are a team player.

Overall, ISB doesn't sound like a far off dream. However, you will need to make sure that you come with a differentiated application where you clearly articulate everything in order to impress the adcom and give them something to remember you by.

Please feel free to get in touch with me at arijit.biswas@crackadmission.com and/or +91-9701215544 in case you want a detailed discussion. Good luck.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
ahumne wrote:
Hello fellow applicants,

Could you please evaluate my profile?

Profile:

1. GMAT Score - 720 (Q50V37)
2. Age - 27
3. Nationality - Indian
4. Work Experience - 4 years
5. Current Role - Project Manager
6. International experience - 8 Months Switzerland + 2 Months in Singapore
7. Positions of Responsibilities - College basketball team captain + Head of the Sponsorship team, Cultural fest
8. College - NIT Raipur
8. College GPA - 7.51, 12th - 89.2 % , 10th - 9.2 (Not sure if it's relevant now)
9. Immediate Post MBA goal - Tech Consulting

In my four years of work experience, first 8 months I supported my father in setting up a new business, 6 months worked in a startup as a business analyst and post that in a fortune 500 company. Even though I'm a Computer Science Engineer, I have always been interested in management roles. Hence, post-graduation I only sorted roles in this field. In my current role as a Project Manager, I'm working on a multi-million M&A project, which involves regular interaction with colleagues from over 50+ countries.

Thanks a lot!

Hello applicant,

Thankyou for sharing your profile. I am an ISB alum, CO14 and have been assisting applicants to get into global business schools for the past 5 years. Below is my take on your profile.

GMAT: Great
ACADEMICS: Average
WORK EXPERIENCE: Great. Since you have four years of work experience, be sure to articulate how you interact with colleagues from 50+ countries, the leadership roles that you have taken up during this time, and what objectives were achieved as a result of your work. Working in a fortune 500 company gives you a definite leverage over other candidates.
EXTRA CURRICULARS: Average

Your international work experience as well as your ability to collaborate and work with international colleagues is a definite plus point in your application. Adcom loves candidates who are multi dimensional, so definitely talk about your love for basketball. Apart from that, the extracurricular section seems a bit dated.
You will need to explain to the adcom your level of dedication and commitment to each of the roles that you have taken up and why you only worked for 6 months in the startup. You will also need to explain a logical shift in career from Computer Science to management and how your computer science degree will help you in that field.

Overall, you have a very decent chance of getting into ISB.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
89KT96 wrote:
I would really appreciate a profile evaluation.

Background: Indian
Age 25, Male

Education: B.Tech in Electronics and Communication Engineering, NIT Kurukshetra(2018) GPA: 7.55/10 (Top 20%)
10th: CBSE 9.2/10
12th: CBSE 93.2%

GMAT: 700- Q49, V36, IR5, AWA4.5

Work experience:
#27 months of experience working at Indeed as an Analyst
- One Promotion
- I currently work on different projects in Operation areas such as Fraud Prevention, Vendor Management, etc.
- Led the Global team of analysts on various projects related to the organization.

#9 months experience working at Verizon as a Software Engineer
- Worked on the infrastructure side of a Web application.

Extracurricular activities:
1) Director cum actor in many Theatrical plays during college.
2) Currently, Brand Ambassador Lead and responsible for organizing several cultural and donation events in the workplace.

Volunteer:
- Lifetime member of the Indian Red Cross Society and have been an active participant in several Humanitarian events.

Post-MBA goals: To work in a Marketing Management Role

What are my chances in ISB as I am trying to apply for R-2?

Hello applicant,

Thanks for sharing your profile. Below is our take on your profile.
ACADEMICS: Good.
WORK EXPERIENCE: average
EXTRACURRICULARS: good

Your B. Tech degree and diversity of roles definitely give you leverage, however, be sure to draw a logical linkage between them. Do mention the direct implications/ results that were achieved as a result of your work.
Be sure to maximize on the leadership roles that you took up in the span of your career, for example leading the global team of analysts.
Do mention you are a lifetime member of Red Cross Society, however, talking about other philanthropic work might come across as you doing them just for the sake of adding a pointer to your resume and it is recommended you don't mention them.

With a well articulated application that articulates what you can add to the ISB classroom, you might have a fair chance at getting into ISB.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 47
Schools: ISB '23 (A)
GMAT 1: 730 Q51 V37
Send PM
Hey,

Please evaluate my profile for ISB:

GMAT Score: 670 [Quant:50 , Verbal:30, I.R.:8 , AWA:awaited]

Educational Qualifications:

Graduation: Completed B.Tech from IIT Jodhpur in Mechanical Engineering in 2017 with 9.1/10 Pointer.
H.S.C: secured 92.6% 2013 CBSE Board.
S.S.C: secured CGPA 10/10 CBSE Board 2011.

Work Experience:
Working as a Scientist/Engineer in VSSC/ISRO from last 4 years 3 months .

Extra Curricular:
Participated in National Level Competitions from College, Head Of Intra-college technical Fest and of inter-college technical Fest.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 45 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Hello Mohit23,
If you can, improve your Verbal in GMAT. Good academics, diversified profile will give you an edge. You haven’t mentioned your post-MBA goals, or how this MBA will help you. Without that piece of information, it will be difficult to comment any further.

Mohit23 wrote:
Hey,

Please evaluate my profile for ISB:

GMAT Score: 670 [Quant:50 , Verbal:30, I.R.:8 , AWA:awaited]

Educational Qualifications:

Graduation: Completed B.Tech from IIT Jodhpur in Mechanical Engineering in 2017 with 9.1/10 Pointer.
H.S.C: secured 92.6% 2013 CBSE Board.
S.S.C: secured CGPA 10/10 CBSE Board 2011.

Work Experience:
Working as a Scientist/Engineer in VSSC/ISRO from last 4 years 3 months .

Extra Curricular:
Participated in National Level Competitions from College, Head Of Intra-college technical Fest and of inter-college technical Fest.
Intern
Intern
Affiliations: Victaprep consulting
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
VictaPrep: Consulting
Schools: ISB '14 (A$)
Send PM
Expert Reply
ISBeacon wrote:
Abhimanyu9428 wrote:
Demographics: Indian, 27, male.

Undergrad: 6.81 CGPA from a good college in India (R.G.I.P
T).

Gmat: 710 (Q 49, V 36 and IR 4)

Work ex: 4 years in a gas distribution company (Operations). Currently leading a team of 4 companies and 17 contract employees. District in charge of 1 of the 15 districts.

Leading a team of 4 companies? What does that mean?

Quote:
Post-MBA goals: the main reason to do MBA is career shift, want to move into the tech industry. My immediate goal is to work as a PM in a large tech firm to gain experience with the nuances of the job and eventually progress to my long-term goal of becoming a VP of product or a senior leadership position.

This needs bit of an introspection and brainstorming. After all these years in an operations profile in a gas distribution company, switching to a tech company might not be a smooth landing.

Hi Abhimanyu9428

There are four scenarios that one really faces:
• Function and industry change – the most difficult to get through. A difficult story to swallow and might get through Adcoms in very special cases. Factors such as years of experience, field of work etc. matter a lot!
• Function change in same industry – A safer bet to ask for yet I’d say that the function change you are asking for should be something you have been exposed to n some way of the other. It could be moving from Operational to strategic roles as well.
• Industry change with same function – Could work surely, but the reasoning has to be strong. One other way to look at this is how or why you want to make the change
• Same function in the same industry – why do you need an MBA then? Well, it could be because you aren’t able to grow and need a holistic exposure to various facets of business. Here you have to elaborate your gaps and your assessment of why you aren’t able to grow or why you need an MBA

In whatever you aim, focus on transferable skills. To be able to make a career shift to Tech industry, would you like to stay on in an Ops role - I am thinking "might be no". This kind of change of both industry and function is a bit tricky but can be done through efforts and mentorship. I have mentored many aspirants successfully make this shift, and it needs very consistent planning and is action oriented . In case you need more help, do let me know

Cheers!
Mamata (Here to help and mentor!)
ISB PGP Class of 2014
Founding team - Victaprep consulting
https://www.victaprep.com
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Given Kudos: 45
Concentration: General Management, Sustainability
GMAT 1: 660 Q43 V38 (Online)
GMAT 2: 660 Q48 V33 (Online)
GMAT 3: 680 Q44 V39
GMAT 4: 710 Q48 V39
GPA: 3.12
WE:Operations (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
I request the experts to kindly review my profile.

Work Experience :
Total: 8 years 6 months (2012-08 to 2021-02)
Company: Nuclear Power Corporation of India Limited (PSE)
Designation: Scientific Officer - E
Role: Commissioning, Technical Analysis, Operation of PWR nuclear reactor (VVER 412/1000 in KKNPP). Numerous first of a kind systems in the world. First Gen III plus reactor. Level - III License to operate nuclear power plants in India. Underwent one year training in Nuclear Power Plant Engineering (2011-08 to 2012-07) covering vast area of electrical, instrumentation, mechanical, chemical engineering aspects of nuclear power plant.

Qualifications:
B.Tech(2011 pass out) in Mech Engg from Calicut University - 74.20% (no CGPA conversion directly available, approx 2.97/4
XII - 83.66%
X - 83.33%

Extra Curricular Activities: Taken part in many on-stage and on-field events as participant and organizing member: Essay writing, Extempore, Jam, Quiz, Drawing, Painting, Drama, Skit, Mime, Dance, Group dance, group song, cricket, football, table tennis, badminton, volleyball, discuss throw, shotput, running race etc during school, college and work (mainly during school). No certificates (more importance to participation rather than awards).

GMAT: 680 (Q44, V39), IR 7, AWA 6.0

Post-MBA goals: consulting/operations/strategic planning in energy sector concentrating on renewables/alternatives with emphasis on sustainable development. Planning to take green building certifications.

Target schools (one year mba): ISB, IIM (A/B/C/L/I/K), NUS, INSEAD, LBS, Said, Judge, HEC (not exhaustive)

Posted from my mobile device

Originally posted by venkpp on 23 Sep 2021, 07:42.
Last edited by venkpp on 23 Sep 2021, 23:00, edited 1 time in total.
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 410 [1]
Given Kudos: 19
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
Send PM