It is currently 20 Nov 2017, 12:29

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
Expert Post
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
S
Joined: 04 Jun 2010
Posts: 327

Kudos [?]: 34 [0], given: 0

Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Jul 2017, 00:16
lincy93 wrote:
Hi All,

I am presently working as a Software professional and below are my details. Please evaluate my profile:
1- For the past two years I was working for Deloitte Consulting.
2- Presently working for a start up as a Team lead.

Work Experience:
Two years as an Abap developer in Deloitte. Got many appreciation and awards during my tenure in Deloitte.
I was also the thread lead of one of their initiative.
Presently working as a team lead in one of the start ups where we have successfully implemented the GST.

By November I will be having 3 years of work experience.

Academics:
10th-93%
12th-84%
Undergrad: 80%

Extra-curricular activities;
1-A professional Odissi Dancer. I have done my PG in odissi.
2-A Lalit Kala academy winner for painting.
3- I am associated with a NGO, where I take Toefl classes for the students who aspire to study abroad.
4-I was the cultural secretary in my college. I had successfully organized many national and International events(IYF-Indian Youth festival).
5-I had also organized a Blood donation camp for around 10K people.
6-I was also the cultural event lead during my tenure in Deloitte.

I am going to take my GMAT next week.

So please let me know if my profile can match up to the class profile of an ISB grad.

Best
Sudeshna Mohanty


Hi lincy93,

A truly well-rounded profile!

Professionally you've done well. Deloitte is a good brand on the CV. The start-up experience helps too. Instances of leading team always make good application stories! Academically, you're on good footing too. Cherry on the cake are your extra-curriculars! We don't see a mention of goals, but please make sure that they are in line with your strengths, so that you can knit a solid MBA story!

It is now the time to hit the ball of the park with GMAT. A score of 700 should keep you safe (better to keep near the class average), and anywhere in the vicinity should be good too.

Do reach out post your GMAT, you do have a good chance at ISB.n Well-articulated essays that link your achievements to your goals will see you through.
_________________

Apphelp : India's # 1 MBA admissions consultancy
-----------------------------------------------
Confused about MBA application strategy? Need help with Essay Review? Need mock interviews?
All these questions have a single answer : APPHELP
Phone: +91 9871354580
Email: info@apphelp.co.in
Website: http://www.apphelp.co.in
Blog: http://www.blog.apphelp.co.in

Kudos [?]: 34 [0], given: 0

Manager
Manager
User avatar
B
Joined: 26 May 2016
Posts: 121

Kudos [?]: 31 [0], given: 0

Schools: ISB (A)
ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Jul 2017, 02:26
lincy93 wrote:
Hi All,

I am presently working as a Software professional and below are my details. Please evaluate my profile:
1- For the past two years I was working for Deloitte Consulting.
2- Presently working for a start up as a Team lead.

Work Experience:
Two years as an Abap developer in Deloitte. Got many appreciation and awards during my tenure in Deloitte.
I was also the thread lead of one of their initiative.
Presently working as a team lead in one of the start ups where we have successfully implemented the GST.

By November I will be having 3 years of work experience.

Academics:
10th-93%
12th-84%
Undergrad: 80%

Extra-curricular activities;
1-A professional Odissi Dancer. I have done my PG in odissi.
2-A Lalit Kala academy winner for painting.
3- I am associated with a NGO, where I take Toefl classes for the students who aspire to study abroad.
4-I was the cultural secretary in my college. I had successfully organized many national and International events(IYF-Indian Youth festival).
5-I had also organized a Blood donation camp for around 10K people.
6-I was also the cultural event lead during my tenure in Deloitte.

I am going to take my GMAT next week.

So please let me know if my profile can match up to the class profile of an ISB grad.

Best
Sudeshna Mohanty


As an ISB alumnus, I can say that you surely have it in you to get into ISB. A strong profile with a nice mix of academics, experience and extra-curriculars.

* You have fairly consistent scores across school & college. Getting a 700+ on the GMAT will be in line with this and indicate to the admissions committee that you are prepared for a rigorous 1 year MBA program.

* Experience as a Team Lead will be a plus and help write a strong story around your leadership potential - a key trait that ISB looks for.

* Diverse extra-curriculars add colour to your profile and will be good talking points in your essays & interviews.

Overall, a solid profile which has all the ingredients to make it to ISB.

Next steps:

* Get 700+ on the GMAT (while a 680 would also be fine but the higher score you get, the better)

* Write well-drafted essays which focus on your differentiators. Do not try to write too many points (a common mistake) to impress the adcom. Be focused.

Hope this helps. Feel free to reach out in case of any further queries.

You may be interested in the following useful links:

ISB Admissions Gyaan Session by ISB Alumni [Strategy4GMAT] on Saturday, 15th July 2017 at 12 Noon (via You Tube). We will discuss how to write your essays and answer your questions around ISB. Register for the event below and ask your queries too:

https://goo.gl/forms/8Sjk1BxOCbcOTTvC3

Some of our success stories from the recent classes at ISB:

* Prakash - Typical "Indian, IT Male" profile: 4th attempt at ISB (1st attempt with Strategy4GMAT): ISB Class of 2018

* Sunny - Low GMAT Score (640) but makes it to ISB in 1st attempt: ISB Class of 2017

http://www.strategy4gmat.com/testimonial.html

You can find more information about our services and plans below:

http://www.strategy4gmat.com/isb-admissions.html

Regards,
Abhishek Chawla
ISB alumnus & Co-Founder, Strategy4GMAT.
Ph: +91 9990493487 | E: abhishek.chawla@strategy4gmat.com
http://www.strategy4gmat.com
_________________

Regards,

Team Strategy4GMAT

http://www.strategy4gmat.com

(an ISB alumni initiative)

Not sure how a consultant helps? Try our FREE essay review below:

https://goo.gl/forms/JLfAYZ2icNSDlShI3

Kudos [?]: 31 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 08 Oct 2012
Posts: 10

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Jul 2017, 04:39
Hi All,

I am currently working as a technical consultant in an IT Company. I have a total work ex of 8 years with two companies.

10th - 91.2%
12th - 86.6%
CGPA - 6.5/10

I have given GMAT twice with scores 610 and 650.

I have worked in various projects for clients in finance, retail, communication and healthcare domain. I started as an oracle developer and now working as a technical lead for a client application. I am looking for a profile change from technical side to business side and hence looking for an MBA.

Extra curricular-

I do not have any NGO experience.

I have been part of arts committee of our college magazine specifically leading the cartoon creation part.

I have been an active participant in cultural activities at school. I have a strong inclination towards arts activities however that is more towards hobby side and participation in activities.

I am looking forward for a one year MBA program.

Request an evaluation on my profile.
I would like to know where do I stand for ISB given I improve upon my GMAT score. ( greater than 700)

Is lack of NGO exp a possible roadblock ?

Thanks


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 12 Jan 2017
Posts: 4

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

CAT Tests
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Jul 2017, 04:56
I am supposed to take my GMAT next week. Hopefully I get a 700+, then I can start with my essays.

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 11 May 2017
Posts: 2

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 74

Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Jul 2017, 05:22
Hello everyone,
Currently, I am an entrepreneur working in energy and environment sector since last 8 months. Completed some good projects on pilot project basis, and provided consultancy for organization such as New Delhi railway station and Vedanta hospital.
Work Experience:
1. For almost five year, I have worked with leading think tank of India named The Energy and resources Instituted (TERI) on various multidisciplinary projects. I have closely worked with central government/state government and international agencies such as world bank, department for international development (DFID) etc. at various occasion on a range of projects.
2. I have completed six month mandatory post graduate internship from Regional remote sensing center / Indian space research organization, Nagpur. (was able to publish the work on one of the widely distributed journal)
Academics:
10th-67% (Bihar Board)
12th-60% (Bihar board)
Undergrad: 61% Chemistry (Hons.), Magadha University, Bodh Gaya, Bihar
Post graduate: 7.02/10(CGPA) (M.Sc. Geo-Informatics)

Extra-curricular activities;
1- Member Toastmaster International club since September 2014, served as secretary and now Vice president Membership at Delhi junction toastmaster club.
2- Played cricket at district level
3- Member of an NGO Bhumi
4- Member of college debating club

I would appreciate if someone evaluate my profile with the perspective of ISB/IIM (EPGP) and give concrete feedback for the same. Also, what should be the target GMAT score with such profile? Currently, I am scoring in between 670-690 in gmac mock test.

Best
Rishu Kumar

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 74

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 09 Jul 2017
Posts: 5

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

CAT Tests
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Jul 2017, 10:59
Apphelp wrote:
Varun2708 wrote:
Hi All,

I am a software IT professional with a B.tech degree and will complete 4 years in the industry in August 2017. I have worked in Cognizant for this entire period and had the opportunity to work in onsite, Zurich, for four months and have led and delivered few projects since then.. The stay there was quite successful and i received a lot of appreciation for the same.
I got my first promotion in August 2014 and was promoted again in April 2016. My last two ratings have also been first.

I have been involved in sports(Cricket, table tennis, badminton and volleyball) and cultural activities since college days and have even led few sports and event teams during this period and won few awards as well.
I plan to take GMAT in September this year.
My academics :
10th : 92.8 %
12th : 92.75 %
B.Tech : 8.63

Kindly evaluate my profile and suggest the score I should target to get into ISB?

Regards,
Varun


Hi Varun2708,

The good news is that you’ve been doing very well work at work. Cognizant is a decent brand. International experience helps too. Academically you’ve had a good track record and a GMAT of 700-710 should be okay.

However, it would be good to remember that the IT pool is the most competitive pool at ISB. Moreover, ISB looks at academics, work-experience and extracurriculars in totality. You seem to be on the weaker footing for extra-curriculars. (The ones from college may seem a little outdated)

Therefore, as next steps, you should focus your application on how do you go from a good profile to a spectacular one, to beat the competition. An application with good and impactful essays will help you move closer to your target.

Feel free to reach out for a discussion.




Hi Team,

regarding extra curricular activities : I have carried on the activities in college in Cognizant also.
1) Have won a dance competition organized by cognizant at kolkata level
2) Have been a part of the cognizant's Dance group in kolkata and had the opportunity to lead the same as well in an event.
3) Have won several awards in Table tennis and cricket in Cognizant, in both team and singles event. Was man of the tournament in one of the cricket tournaments as well.
4) Have been a part of the organizing team of several events here.
5) Have started working with cognizant's outreach, a program to share knowledge and teach students who can't afford education. The outreach does much more than just teaching subjects though

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Expert Post
Admission Consultant
User avatar
G
Joined: 16 Jan 2012
Posts: 987

Kudos [?]: 156 [0], given: 52

Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Jul 2017, 11:17
rks007 wrote:
Hello everyone,
Currently, I am an entrepreneur working in energy and environment sector since last 8 months. Completed some good projects on pilot project basis, and provided consultancy for organization such as New Delhi railway station and Vedanta hospital.
Work Experience:
1. For almost five year, I have worked with leading think tank of India named The Energy and resources Instituted (TERI) on various multidisciplinary projects. I have closely worked with central government/state government and international agencies such as world bank, department for international development (DFID) etc. at various occasion on a range of projects.
2. I have completed six month mandatory post graduate internship from Regional remote sensing center / Indian space research organization, Nagpur. (was able to publish the work on one of the widely distributed journal)
Academics:
10th-67% (Bihar Board)
12th-60% (Bihar board)
Undergrad: 61% Chemistry (Hons.), Magadha University, Bodh Gaya, Bihar
Post graduate: 7.02/10(CGPA) (M.Sc. Geo-Informatics)

Extra-curricular activities;
1- Member Toastmaster International club since September 2014, served as secretary and now Vice president Membership at Delhi junction toastmaster club.
2- Played cricket at district level
3- Member of an NGO Bhumi
4- Member of college debating club

I would appreciate if someone evaluate my profile with the perspective of ISB/IIM (EPGP) and give concrete feedback for the same. Also, what should be the target GMAT score with such profile? Currently, I am scoring in between 670-690 in gmac mock test.

Best
Rishu Kumar


Hi Rishu,

You have a great profile and and I can remember atleast one person from TERI who has got several b-school admits to top colleges in US/ India/Europe. Of course it will be easier to evaluate your profile in more details after knowing what you were doing at TERI, what impact you created there and what career objectives have led to the startup.
Its also important to understand what you intend doing after MBA.

Regarding the GMAT, aim for your best score, even if that's going to be a 690.

All the best,
_________________

Namita Garg,
http://www.mbadecoder.com
+91 9901566772

Contact us at: contact@mbadecoder.com

Ask for a FREE profile evaluation HERE


Featured among the top 25 Women CEOs in India, in the CEO Magazine

Kudos [?]: 156 [0], given: 52

Manager
Manager
User avatar
B
Joined: 03 Aug 2015
Posts: 69

Kudos [?]: 30 [0], given: 0

Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Jul 2017, 22:19
guptaneha wrote:
Hi All,

I am currently working as a technical consultant in an IT Company. I have a total work ex of 8 years with two companies.

10th - 91.2%
12th - 86.6%
CGPA - 6.5/10

I have given GMAT twice with scores 610 and 650.

Hi guptaneha, in view of your relatively low undergrad score it becomes imperative that you score well on GMAT (preferably 700+ or as close as possible to 700).

Do not worry at all about the absence of philanthropic / charity-work in your profile. It is never a showstopper and only a good to have attribute.

Also, in view of your significant work experience, would suggest that in your essays, you mainly highlight your contributions and experiences in your professional life (since school was quite some time back). School activities would not be all that important from a profile perspective for you.

Going forward, focus all your energy and effort in cracking GMAT and things would subsequently work out for you.

Good luck!
_________________

http://www.ISBeacon.com

For ISB Aspirants, by ISB Alums

Free First essay
Free Profile Evaluation
Free ISB Essays Best Practices Document


ISBeacon: Your Beacon to ISB

Kudos [?]: 30 [0], given: 0

Manager
Manager
User avatar
B
Joined: 03 Aug 2015
Posts: 69

Kudos [?]: 30 [0], given: 0

Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Jul 2017, 22:21
lincy93 wrote:
I am supposed to take my GMAT next week. Hopefully I get a 700+, then I can start with my essays.

Yep..there you go. :snipersmile:
_________________

http://www.ISBeacon.com

For ISB Aspirants, by ISB Alums

Free First essay
Free Profile Evaluation
Free ISB Essays Best Practices Document


ISBeacon: Your Beacon to ISB

Kudos [?]: 30 [0], given: 0

Manager
Manager
User avatar
B
Joined: 03 Aug 2015
Posts: 69

Kudos [?]: 30 [0], given: 0

Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Jul 2017, 22:34
Varun2708 wrote:
Hi All,

I am a software IT professional with a B.tech degree and will complete 4 years in the industry in August 2017. I have worked in Cognizant for this entire period and had the opportunity to work in onsite, Zurich, for four months and have led and delivered few projects since then.. The stay there was quite successful and i received a lot of appreciation for the same.
I got my first promotion in August 2014 and was promoted again in April 2016. My last two ratings have also been first.

I have been involved in sports(Cricket, table tennis, badminton and volleyball) and cultural activities since college days and have even led few sports and event teams during this period and won few awards as well.
I plan to take GMAT in September this year.
My academics :
10th : 92.8 %
12th : 92.75 %
B.Tech : 8.63

Kindly evaluate my profile and suggest the score I should target to get into ISB?

Regards,
Varun

Hi Varun2708, things seem to be going on quite fine for you till now. Cognizant is a good brand and you have some International experience as well. Also, you seem to have done reasonably well (if not exceptional) in your professional life. Academics also seem to be quite decent and consistent.

Going forward, the single most important favor you can do to yourself, to enhance your chances of an admit, is to get a very good GMAT score (700+; higher the better). Considering your consistent academics, it should be possible for you to score well, provided that you put in significant effort towards your preparation.

Profile evaluation, Essay writing, and everything else can wait.

Right now, the entire focus must be in getting that enviable score.
_________________

http://www.ISBeacon.com

For ISB Aspirants, by ISB Alums

Free First essay
Free Profile Evaluation
Free ISB Essays Best Practices Document


ISBeacon: Your Beacon to ISB

Kudos [?]: 30 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 09 Jul 2017
Posts: 5

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

CAT Tests
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Jul 2017, 22:40
Hi ISBeacon,

Thanks for the reply and the valuable suggestion.. I have GMAT planned in the 3rd week of September and have been preparing for the same for few weeks now..

I missed to add my extra curricular activities in the post to which u replied, though have added the same above..

Aiming for a high score in GMAT ?

Sent from my MotoG3 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 1

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
S
Joined: 10 Apr 2013
Posts: 307

Kudos [?]: 51 [0], given: 37

Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Jul 2017, 00:15
rks007 wrote:
Hello everyone,
Currently, I am an entrepreneur working in energy and environment sector since last 8 months. Completed some good projects on pilot project basis, and provided consultancy for organization such as New Delhi railway station and Vedanta hospital.


Best
Rishu Kumar


Hi Rishu,

You have very interesting and distinguishable work experience. Depending on how you portray it to the adcoms it has the potential to get you an interview for sure. However, if you're only 8 months into your new venture the question arises - Why are you planning for an MBA so soon ? What will happen to your venture once you're into full time MBA ?
Barring this I think you have decent academics and good community involvement. I think you should score a little above average in GMAT around 710-720 to make your profile attractive for the adcoms. Hope this helps.

Best,
_________________

Deep A.
Chief Counselling Officer
http://www.EduSimplified.com

Kudos [?]: 51 [0], given: 37

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
S
Joined: 10 Apr 2013
Posts: 307

Kudos [?]: 51 [0], given: 37

Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Jul 2017, 00:24
guptaneha wrote:
Hi All,

I am currently working as a technical consultant in an IT Company. I have a total work ex of 8 years with two companies.


Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum


Hi Neha,

You have good work ex which implies you should have good leadership and team work experience. Generally for people with above average work ex GMAT score isn't rated as highly as for candidates with 2-3 years of work ex. Even then 650 is a little low. If you aren't able to score a 700, you should still apply to ISB. Gender diversity also helps you a little bit. I think no community involvement leaves an empty space on your resume and you don't want to do that. My suggestion would be to get involved now. Hope this helps.

Best,
_________________

Deep A.
Chief Counselling Officer
http://www.EduSimplified.com

Kudos [?]: 51 [0], given: 37

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
S
Joined: 10 Apr 2013
Posts: 307

Kudos [?]: 51 [0], given: 37

Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Jul 2017, 00:37
Varun2708 wrote:
Hi All,

I am a software IT professional with a B.tech degree and will complete 4 years in the industry in August 2017. I have worked in Cognizant for this entire period and had the opportunity to work in onsite, Zurich, for four months and have led and delivered few projects since then.. The stay there was quite successful and i received a lot of appreciation for the same.
I got my first promotion in August 2014 and was promoted again in April 2016. My last two ratings have also been first.

I have been involved in sports(Cricket, table tennis, badminton and volleyball) and cultural activities since college days and have even led few sports and event teams during this period and won few awards as well.
I plan to take GMAT in September this year.
My academics :
10th : 92.8 %
12th : 92.75 %
B.Tech : 8.63

Kindly evaluate my profile and suggest the score I should target to get into ISB?

Regards,
Varun


Hi Varun,

You have a good well rounded profile. Good work experience, community and extra curricular activities and academics. With 4 years of work ex you very good career progression. To set to apart from the typical candidate pool however, you should score a high gmat score like around 720.

Won't you get late in applying if you take your GMAT in Sep end? You will only have 15 days to prepare you application !

Best,
_________________

Deep A.
Chief Counselling Officer
http://www.EduSimplified.com

Kudos [?]: 51 [0], given: 37

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 30 May 2017
Posts: 4

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 17

Location: India
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.3
WE: Project Management (Manufacturing)
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Jul 2017, 02:04
Hi all,

Please review my profile. I am applying in R1 and my GMAT is 710 (Dec 2015).

Academics-
10th - 82%
12th - 93%
B.Tech (Mechanical engg) - JNTU - 78%
M.Tech (Mechanical engg) - IIT Guwahati - 9.6/10
PG Diploma in Marketing management (1 yr part time weekend, 2016-2017) - SIBM pune - 8.24/10


Work experience - 3 years
Manager - New product development, Passenger cars at TATA Motors Ltd
Representing R&D in new product development team to create product configurations and concepts for 2019-2023.
Worked in liaison with finance, marketing, manufacturing and design teams
Coordinated with R&D teams across Europe and India to drive project delivery as per timelines.

Part time work ex of 1 year in family business (SME manufacturing) during under graduate.
Worked to reduce production costs and acquire new clients.


Extra curricular-
Placement coordinator at IIT Guwahati
Organized fests and events during under graduate
Squash player (amateur)
Tata Motors CSR volunteer


Post MBA I wish to work in General Management / Marketing.

Thanks in advance.

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 17

Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 14 Jul 2016
Posts: 2

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 5

GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V34
Reviews Badge
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Jul 2017, 06:56
Hi,
Please evaluate my profile.

GMAT-680(V35, Q49)
Planning to retake GMAT in august.

10th- 87.2%

12th- 73.2%

BTech(VIT - computer science)- 8.32

Work experience- 4 years

Bank of America (2 years 11 months)

Worked in claims and fraud department as an automation tester.
Majority of my work ex was in Production data team which was a very new team with only 3 members offshore. Handled a lot of tasks individually that included expanding the business for the team. Worked in multiple domains such as testing, analytics, maintenance and customer relations.
Received a lot of recognition for my work in the team.

Power Controls: 1 year

Joined my father's company which deals with all types of electrical goods required mostly in an industry, building industrial panels, and providing industrial solutions. We have dealership of some of the biggest firms in this field such as Schneider, ABB, Siemens, BCH, Phillips, Rittal, etc. So far I have worked on automating some of the processes, refining our website, and the entire GST project which included re-evaluating our entire inventory(it is huge as we have over 10000 products), assigning the prices according to the post GST price changes and working with the accounts team to incorporate everything in the software.

NGO experience:

Taught computer basics in the placement drive set by Asha deep foundation for underprivileged youth. Almost 70% of the class got placed in the first round.

Extras:

Core committee member of various organisations in college.

Bank of America CSR volunteer.

Bank of America dance club.


Thank you!!





Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 5

Manager
Manager
User avatar
B
Joined: 03 Aug 2015
Posts: 69

Kudos [?]: 30 [0], given: 0

Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Jul 2017, 09:48
1
This post was
BOOKMARKED
lohit16 wrote:
Hi all,

Please review my profile. I am applying in R1 and my GMAT is 710 (Dec 2015).

Academics-
10th - 82%
12th - 93%
B.Tech (Mechanical engg) - JNTU - 78%
M.Tech (Mechanical engg) - IIT Guwahati - 9.6/10
PG Diploma in Marketing management (1 yr part time weekend, 2016-2017) - SIBM pune - 8.24/10


Work experience - 3 years
Manager - New product development, Passenger cars at TATA Motors Ltd
Representing R&D in new product development team to create product configurations and concepts for 2019-2023.
Worked in liaison with finance, marketing, manufacturing and design teams
Coordinated with R&D teams across Europe and India to drive project delivery as per timelines.

Part time work ex of 1 year in family business (SME manufacturing) during under graduate.
Worked to reduce production costs and acquire new clients.


Extra curricular-
Placement coordinator at IIT Guwahati
Organized fests and events during under graduate
Squash player (amateur)
Tata Motors CSR volunteer

Post MBA I wish to work in General Management / Marketing.

Hi lohit16, things are all reasonably in place for you till now:
i) Your undergrad as well as post-grad schools are all (obviously) reputed
ii) The organisation that you are working for (Tata Motors) has a decent brand name
iii) You seem to have decent extra-curricular and academics

Your GMAT score is average but then absolutely not a showstopper.

Another thing that works in your profile, is that your work in the automotive sector is largely in-line with your education as a Mechanical engineer. So, I would suggest that do not put General management as a career choice post MBA, especially since you also have a post-graduate degree in Mechanical engineering.

You are already in New Product Development and hence, are very likely to benefit from a Marketing specialization. So make sure you highlight that clearly in your essays.
_________________

http://www.ISBeacon.com

For ISB Aspirants, by ISB Alums

Free First essay
Free Profile Evaluation
Free ISB Essays Best Practices Document


ISBeacon: Your Beacon to ISB

Kudos [?]: 30 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 13 Jul 2017
Posts: 3

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 19

ISB Admission [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Jul 2017, 10:06
Hi,

I am a student from Commerce background with the commerce bachelors degree in my kitty. I am a Company Secretary with 2.5 years of work experience in a mid-size CA firm. I have insight into Company legal and tax compliances. I have a decent score in 10th, 12th grades and a decent GPA in my bachelor's degree.
I write poetries on various social media websites and I am an aspiring spoken word poet.
I also have some experience as a volunteer with an NGO.

Are my credentials enough to get me a call from ISB, if my GMAT score is above 700?@

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 19

Expert Post
1 KUDOS received
MBA Section Director
User avatar
P
Status: Back to work...
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Joined: 22 Feb 2012
Posts: 4775

Kudos [?]: 3792 [1], given: 2446

Location: India
City: Pune
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
GPA: 3.4
WE: Business Development (Manufacturing)
GMAT ToolKit User Premium Member
Re: ISB Admission [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Jul 2017, 10:17
1
This post received
KUDOS
Expert's post
anjalivora12345 wrote:
Hi,

I am a student from Commerce background with the commerce bachelors degree in my kitty. I am a Company Secretary with 2.5 years of work experience in a mid-size CA firm. I have insight into Company legal and tax compliances. I have a decent score in 10th, 12th grades and a decent GPA in my bachelor's degree.
I write poetries on various social media websites and I am an aspiring spoken word poet.
I also have some experience as a volunteer with an NGO.

Are my credentials enough to get me a call from ISB, if my GMAT score is above 700?@


Thanks for posting and Welcome on GMATClub. I am moving your post in Profile Eval discussion where you will get experts' opinions on your profile and acceptance chances.
_________________

Every Wednesday: Meet MBA Experts in Chat Room and Ask Your Most-Pressing MBA Admission Questions to them in a Live Chat.

Must Read Forum Topics Before You Kick Off Your MBA Application

New GMAT Club Decision Tracker - Real Time Decision Updates

Kudos [?]: 3792 [1], given: 2446

Top Contributor
1 KUDOS received
VP
VP
User avatar
S
Status: Top MBA Admissions Consultant
Joined: 24 Jul 2011
Posts: 1354

Kudos [?]: 651 [1], given: 20

GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V48
GRE 1: 1540 Q800 V740
Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here! [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Jul 2017, 10:19
1
This post received
KUDOS
Top Contributor
anjalivora12345 wrote:
Hi,

I am a student from Commerce background with the commerce bachelors degree in my kitty. I am a Company Secretary with 2.5 years of work experience in a mid-size CA firm. I have insight into Company legal and tax compliances. I have a decent score in 10th, 12th grades and a decent GPA in my bachelor's degree.
I write poetries on various social media websites and I am an aspiring spoken word poet.
I also have some experience as a volunteer with an NGO.

Are my credentials enough to get me a call from ISB, if my GMAT score is above 700?@


Yes, with that profile, you should have a good chance at ISB with a decent application and a 700+ GMAT score.
_________________

GyanOne | Top MBA Rankings and MBA Admissions Blog

Top MBA Admissions Consulting | Top MiM Admissions Consulting

Premium MBA Essay Review|Best MBA Interview Preparation|Exclusive GMAT coaching

Get a FREE Detailed MBA Profile Evaluation | Call us now +91 98998 31738

Kudos [?]: 651 [1], given: 20

Re: ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!   [#permalink] 13 Jul 2017, 10:19

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  41   42   43   44   45   46   47  ...  66    Next  [ 1312 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

ISB PROFILE EVALUATION THREAD - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here!

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderators: mihir0710, warriorguy



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.