It is currently 21 Oct 2017, 18:15

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Profile Evaluation for Kellogg MSMS - GyanOne Admission Consultants

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Top Contributor
1 KUDOS received
VP
VP
S

Kudos [?]: 643 [1], given: 20

GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V48
GRE 1: 1540 Q800 V740
Profile Evaluation for Kellogg MSMS - GyanOne Admission Consultants [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Jun 2016, 05:30
This post received
KUDOS
Top Contributor
The Kellogg Russell Fellows program is fairly new compared to some of the more established Masters in Management programs offered by top schools around the world. US schools (with the exception of Duke Fuqua) are just about waking up now to the possibilities of early career programs, including Master in Management equivalents, and early career MBA programs. The Kellogg Russell Fellows program, along with the Michigan Ross Master of Management, and the Duke MMS, are some of the best non-MBA master’s options for business education. This post looks at a brief overview of the Russell Fellows, and also highlights the success story of a GyanOne client – an Indian applicant who made it to the program in 2016.

Kellogg Russell Fellows – is it a great option?
While the number of MiM/early career MBA programs is consistently growing, the Kellogg Russell Fellows program (MSMS) stands out by dint of its brand value, placement rate (100% at 3 months, as reported by Kellogg), and course structure. The program is explicitly meant for students with a non-business background (indeed, students from a business undergraduate background are ineligible). Similarly, the program only accepts applications from college seniors in the final year of their undergraduate programs. The program initially had only 2 rounds of admission (with deadlines in October and February), which Kellogg increased to 3 this year (adding an April deadline as well).

The program itself features only the basics in business education, so it is meant for students who wish to make a career change to the business side, rather than those really looking for an MBA equivalent. However, the courses are supplemented through teaching by the outstanding Kellogg faculty, the Kellogg reputation, and Kellogg’s vaunted Global Initiatives in Management (GIM) program. At a relatively early stage of their career, Kellogg MSMS students will also need greater career support, and Kellogg ensures that through its personalized support structure.

Kellogg, too, recognizes that this program is not really a substitute for an MBA, and this is why it offers Russell Fellows the option to come back later (after working for a few years) for a one-year MBA from Kellogg. The Kellogg Russell Fellows MSMS is therefore ideal for someone who wishes to move to the business side of work, gain strong global exposure and a great brand on his/her resume, and then come back later for an MBA from a top school. For this reason, the MSMS does seem like a great option. READ MORE

Feel free to post all your queries related to profile evaluation, admission criterion and interview process of the Kellogg MSMS program here.

GyanOne | Top MBA Rankings and MBA Admissions Blog

Top MBA Admissions Consulting | Top MiM Admissions Consulting

Premium MBA Essay Review|Best MBA Interview Preparation|Exclusive GMAT coaching

Get a FREE Detailed MBA Profile Evaluation | Call us now +91 98998 31738

Kudos [?]: 643 [1], given: 20

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 9

Concentration: General Management, Technology
GRE 1: 303 Q160 V143
WE: Consulting (Computer Software)
Re: Profile Evaluation for Kellogg MSMS - GyanOne Admission Consultants [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Jun 2016, 06:07
Hi My name is Himanshu

Please evaluate my profile.

EDUCATION
10th 75% from UP Board
12th 79% from UP Board

GAUTAM BUDDH TECHNICAL UNIVERSITY, (UPTU) India, UP
B.Tech candidate, Computer Science & Engineering 2008 – 2012
•Internship at Railway Design & Standard Organization, RDSO, Lucknow
•Volunteer Technical festival, Cultural festival organized by college

EXPERIENCE
GREENKART GREENS PVT. LTD. India, U.P.
Cofounder & Chief Technical Officer November 2015
•Creates all the Technical functionality of the website of Greenkart, manage the entire database and maintain requirements of the e-commerce website time to time.
•Developing sales pitches for a new derivative product target.
•Managing business development and marketing strategy with team members though an early stage company seeking initial seed capital.

DREAMLAND COMPUTER SMAC PVT. LTD Doha, Qatar
Information Security Consultant Oct2014-Jan2015
Leadership & Teamwork
•Become a Team Leader within a month after joining the company by the Managing Director and handled 12 people under my supervision.
•Supervised Research team initially after joining the company.
•Served as department’s business analyst after 6 months of my joining and report directly to the client whenever the details asked by the client.
•ake care of all modules for business continuity and manage them accordingly.
Business Analyst Feb2015 – Nov2015
•Documented all the required data asked by client and convert that into software requirement asked by Development team and deliver to the development team within the timeframe.
•Managed all the facts and figure which were crucial for the report and arrangement of the report in an understanding way for the client.
•Prepared, evaluated and summarized monthly reports for executive management.
Creativity
•Created a data warehouse structure which reduced expenses by $3000 annually.
•Created a new way to show all the report into a single big report and more user friendly within a limited time period given by the client.
•Designed Business to customer modules which really helped the customer on the basis of long term goal.
•Developed several News portal website based on crucial talks and leaks especially within gulf region.

DISTANCE EDUCATION ACADEMY India, U.P.
Software & Website Developer 2012-2013
•Created software for the entire library functions and delivers it to client.
•Maintenance of website and update it to as per the client need.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
•Research: Published Six International journals and one National research papers during my undergraduate days.
•Workshops: Conducted several workshops on different technology at IIT Roorkee, IIT Bombay, IIT Delhi, NIT Warangal, SRMS and GGITS etc.
•Interview: Hybiz.tv took my first television interview when I was delivering the lecture at Jamshedpur.
•Language: Hindi, English, Arabic(beginner).
wrote GRE and scored 303 and about to write GMAT

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 9

Top Contributor
VP
VP
S

Kudos [?]: 643 [0], given: 20

GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V48
GRE 1: 1540 Q800 V740
Re: Profile Evaluation for Kellogg MSMS - GyanOne Admission Consultants [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 23 Jun 2016, 06:21
Top Contributor
himu wrote:
Hi My name is Himanshu

Please evaluate my profile.

EDUCATION
10th 75% from UP Board
12th 79% from UP Board

GAUTAM BUDDH TECHNICAL UNIVERSITY, (UPTU) India, UP
B.Tech candidate, Computer Science & Engineering 2008 – 2012
•Internship at Railway Design & Standard Organization, RDSO, Lucknow
•Volunteer Technical festival, Cultural festival organized by college

EXPERIENCE
GREENKART GREENS PVT. LTD. India, U.P.
Cofounder & Chief Technical Officer November 2015
•Creates all the Technical functionality of the website of Greenkart, manage the entire database and maintain requirements of the e-commerce website time to time.
•Developing sales pitches for a new derivative product target.
•Managing business development and marketing strategy with team members though an early stage company seeking initial seed capital.

DREAMLAND COMPUTER SMAC PVT. LTD Doha, Qatar
Information Security Consultant Oct2014-Jan2015
Leadership & Teamwork
•Become a Team Leader within a month after joining the company by the Managing Director and handled 12 people under my supervision.
•Supervised Research team initially after joining the company.
•Served as department’s business analyst after 6 months of my joining and report directly to the client whenever the details asked by the client.
•ake care of all modules for business continuity and manage them accordingly.
Business Analyst Feb2015 – Nov2015
•Documented all the required data asked by client and convert that into software requirement asked by Development team and deliver to the development team within the timeframe.
•Managed all the facts and figure which were crucial for the report and arrangement of the report in an understanding way for the client.
•Prepared, evaluated and summarized monthly reports for executive management.
Creativity
•Created a data warehouse structure which reduced expenses by $3000 annually.
•Created a new way to show all the report into a single big report and more user friendly within a limited time period given by the client.
•Designed Business to customer modules which really helped the customer on the basis of long term goal.
•Developed several News portal website based on crucial talks and leaks especially within gulf region.

DISTANCE EDUCATION ACADEMY India, U.P.
Software & Website Developer 2012-2013
•Created software for the entire library functions and delivers it to client.
•Maintenance of website and update it to as per the client need.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
•Research: Published Six International journals and one National research papers during my undergraduate days.
•Workshops: Conducted several workshops on different technology at IIT Roorkee, IIT Bombay, IIT Delhi, NIT Warangal, SRMS and GGITS etc.
•Interview: Hybiz.tv took my first television interview when I was delivering the lecture at Jamshedpur.
•Language: Hindi, English, Arabic(beginner).
wrote GRE and scored 303 and about to write GMAT

Hi Himanshu

Thanks for posting.

Your profile is not eligible for the Kellogg MSMS program, as that program is meant only for students completing their undergraduate education in the same year in which they apply. Therefore, only students completing their bachelor's programs between May 2016 and June 2017 will be eligible for the next intake of the Kellogg Russell Fellows MSMS program.

To give you a general overview of your profile outside the context of this program, you do have some definite strengths, including the fact that you founded your own venture and are now successfully running it. On the other hand, you come from the highly competitive IT pool, so differentiating yourself with a strong test score will be very important.

While most MBA programs accept GRE scores as well as GMAT scores, your GRE score of 303 will be insufficient. Try and increase your GRE score to over 320 (325 if possible), or take the GMAT and get a score of 700 and above to be competitive. All the best!

GyanOne | Top MBA Rankings and MBA Admissions Blog

Top MBA Admissions Consulting | Top MiM Admissions Consulting

Premium MBA Essay Review|Best MBA Interview Preparation|Exclusive GMAT coaching

Get a FREE Detailed MBA Profile Evaluation | Call us now +91 98998 31738

Kudos [?]: 643 [0], given: 20

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 10

Schools: Kellogg MSMS"18
GMAT 1: 660 Q51 V27
GPA: 3.88
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 11 Jan 2017, 05:55
Vamsi
Male
Indian
GMAT - 660 (Q51 V27) - Not up to my expected score so retaking it on 21st Jan

Degree information:

Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur
Ocean Engineering and Naval Architecture
8.29/10 (CGPA)
Graduation on May 2017
Dual Degree - Bachelors and Masters in 5 years
Two Projects (Bachelors and Masters Project)

Schooling details:

High School GPA: 9.8/10
Year of passing High School: 2010
12th Class percentage: 97%
Year of passing 12th Standard: 2012

No Work Experience

Internship Experience: One Summer Internship at Hyundai Heavy Industries Pvt Ltd., South Korea, and another summer internship in Finance

Extra Curricular Activities: Won many Intra College events
Leadership: Held a position in the student body of the university and also committee member of the departmental fest for 2 years
Volunteered for 2 years in the NCC

I will be really grateful if you can evaluate my profile.
Thanks in advance.

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 10

Re: Profile Evaluation for Kellogg MSMS - GyanOne Admission Consultants   [#permalink] 11 Jan 2017, 05:55

Profile Evaluation for Kellogg MSMS - GyanOne Admission Consultants

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap