Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 04:26 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 04:26

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 575 [0]
Given Kudos: 155
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [0]
Send PM
Re: Profile Evaluation for NUS/NTU/HKUST [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Sniper91 wrote:
Hi,
Please evaluate my profile for NUS, NTU and HKUST. I am from India.

GMAT - 680(M-49,V-33)
College : B.Tech in ECE from NIT Kurukshetra, CGPA - 8.2
10th - 87%
12th - 85%
Got 800 AIR in AIEEE 2004(all india engineering entrance exam) which puts me in the top percentile achievers in that year
Work Exp - 4 years(IT industry) with a leading software company in finance domain.
Onsite Exp - 1.5 months(USA)

Got value in performance (VIP) award and shining star team award in organisation and many client appreciation emails.

Presently working as senior software engineer: my role includes training new resources on the product as well as software development.

During my tenure ,i have had some exciting opportunities:

1) Gave technical walk through for the POC of a business intelligence tool to the VP at client side which was very successful. I was the only one responsible for that project.
2) In 2010, I went to US for the kick-off of a new project. This was an unique opportunity. I along with my project lead had to prove our potential at the customer side and we were successful. After coming back from US, i mentored a team of around 10 people on the new project.

Extra-curricular:
1) Decent social work
2) Captain of house in school. A number of prizes won in exhibition, essays, quizzes, sports etc.
3) A few prizes and participation certificates at college level.
4) Decent participation in organizational extra-curriculars like organizing independence day celebration, skits, Open house etc. I don't have certificates for these but i can get them mentioned in my recos.

I am targetting MBA in IT consulting right now.

Please suggest.

Thanks and Regards

Your profile suits the requirements and class profile of NUS, NTU and HKUST but your goals dont match with what these schools can offer. These 3 schools and Singapore and HongKong are finance oriented and hence expecting jobs in IT consulting from these will be tough.

Actually very few schools have companies which come for proper IT consulting. Either be open to General Management or Strategy Consulting ( what McKinsey, BCG etc do) or target schools such as ISB and few mid rank schools known for technology in US - Carlson, Texas Mccombs, Kelley. Top school in US which are good for Technology roles - Sloan, Tepper and Haas will require a better GMAT score.

Hope this helps.

Apphelp Team
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Thanks everyone for your reply. I am targetting asian schools mainly because of the financial constraints.(I have a maximum total budget of 35 lakhs(tuition+living expense)). It is my first attempt at GMAT and my AWA is 5 and IR is 7. I am preparing for a second attempt(though not very interested). Does IR score hold any relevance this year?
Could you suggest any other schools in US or other countries which i can successfully target with this score and profile? I was actually hoping to get some scholarship. Are there any good B-schools which can offer scholarship?
Yes, i am applying for ISB but chances of selection look dim due to my lower GMAT.
Although my primary focus is IT consulting but i am open to other options if there is a good opportunity.

Thanks and Regards,
GMAT Club Bot