GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 18 Oct 2019, 21:32

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Profile Evaluation HEC Paris - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: LBS '22, HEC '22, NUS '22
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V37
GRE 1: Q164 V155
Re: Profile Evaluation HEC Paris - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Sep 2019, 00:54
Thanks for the feedback! I'm planning for fall '20 intake. I just applied to ISB R1. But I prefer Europe MBA. LBS/HEC/Oxbridge/IE

I agree that my extracurriculars are a bit on the lower side. The issue is that most of my ex-cur was in college. I was the placement coordinator for my branch. Lead member for a number of clubs and won a lot of competitions

During my prof. career, me and my buddy raised some money to provide basic amenities to a nearby slum. I worked with a local NGO for a year to raise money for elementary schools. But we couldn't raise much. During the same time, I moved away to another city and gradually stopped pursuing it.

I did represent my company in a national competition and won 2nd prize. (I suppose but this comes as work achievement). I am the safety coordinator for my company

I trek, run marathons & read tons of books![/quote]

Hi,
I think you are good to go. The above will be enough to showcase the ability :)[/quote]

Great! Appreciate your feedback
What's your opinion on GMAT retake? Although I'm confident of my work Ex, I'm worried about my avg. GMAT score (700).
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: LBS '22, HEC '22, NUS '22
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V37
GRE 1: Q164 V155
Re: Profile Evaluation HEC Paris - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Sep 2019, 01:00
[/quote]

Hi,
I think you are good to go. The above will be enough to showcase the ability :)[/quote]

Great! Appreciate your feedback
What's your opinion on GMAT retake? Although I'm confident of my work Ex, I'm worried about my avg. GMAT score (700).
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: HEC '22, IIM

Show Tags

New post 20 Sep 2019, 01:03
Hi!

I am planning on applying to the HEC MIM Program.

I have a 8.0 GPA in my Bachelor's degree. I completed my Bachelor's in Botany, Chemistry, and Zoology. At College I also held leadership positions and worked on managing events and cultural fests. I headed the student club of the Botany department and was the editor-in-chief of the college newsletter.

Following that, I worked for 14 months at an MNC in the healthcare industry.

At this time, I wanted to pursue business opportunities and learn more about that field, so I pursued a gap year during which time I completed a course in Digital Marketing and Social Media Marketing. In addition, I worked for two months abroad as a business development executive. I have continued to work as a freelance digital marketer and am also going to complete the basic French Proficiency Test.

I have volunteer and internship experience from the past including but not limited to the business and the healthcare domains.

I will be attempting my GMAT next month and would like to evaluate my chances based on my profile, considering I do well on the GMAT.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 21 Sep 2019, 00:10
Hi I am reposting since I would be glad to receive a evaluation.

Here it is:

Hi, Please evaluate my profile for Masters in Finance HEC Paris September 2020 Intake.

Female, 27 years old, India

Graduation :
Bachelors of Management Studies with a specialization in Finance.

College : Mumbai University

CGPA : Grade:Outstanding.74%
NISM Certified in Depository Operations with 77.5%.
KYC AML certified in Banking regulations.
GMAT : 670 (Q46, V 36)

Work Experience : 10 months at Axis Bank Ltd (3rd Largest Private Bank in India)
Role : Officer (Branch Banking) Handling daily Branch Activities (Domestic & Foreign)

Currently working (4.6 yrs ) as Sr. MIS Executive in a Consulting Firm based in Mumbai.

Co Curriculars :
1. Active Participation & Management (Head of multiple Events)in College Cultural Festivals.
2. Participated in various sports in school, although I have no certificates.

Also, more University suggestions for Masters in Finance are highly appreciated.

Thanks !
Urvi.

Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V39
Profile Evaluation HEC Paris - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Sep 2019, 23:28
sjas31 wrote:
Hi,
Great academics and score. You need to explain about your profile, MBA goals, why HEC?
The information you provided is too little to suggest anything. Please refer to the first page of this forum for the details :)
anuragjain37 wrote:
Hi,

I currently work in a well known French multinational in the financial services industry though academically I'm an engineer from a top NIT. My undergrad CGPA is 7.39 out of 10.
I scored 730 in gmat (Q50 V39 IR7 AWA5).
My total work experience is 40 months as of now and I have work experiences in London and Paris but only for a few weeks. What are my chances of getting an admit to the HEC Paris?

Thank you, in addition to the above info:

My post MBA goal is to work as a consultant in the financial advisory of a leading consulting firm. In the long run, I would also be looking for entrepreneurial opputunuties in the same sector.

Why HEC:
Good for finance
Strong alumuni network
Great global outreach
A good class size fit and program duration for my convenience.

I don't have much extracurriculars since my professional work life, I have worked for two different NGOs and CSR committee in office. Apart from that, my hobbies are traveling, yoga and seeking adventure sports.
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 680 Q45 V38
CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 23 Sep 2019, 16:43
Hello, everyone

I'm a 24-year old Brazilian female student applying for the first round of Masters in International Finance at HEC. My GMAT Score is 680 (Q45, V38).
I'm graduating in Economics with an emphasis in Finance from a recognized federal university in Brazil with a 8.0 GPA. I have taken all of the courses in Finance offered by the Economics department and my undergrad thesis is about portfolio management.

My only professional experience is an 11-month internship in a major Pension Fund company working on the Trading Desk. My extracurricular activities include some student associations such as the Finance Club, in which I worked doing macroeconomics reports, and the Junior Enterprise, in which I was responsible for all the administrative/financial sector. I was also a part of the feminine handball team for a year.

I also studied for a semester in France. My course load was entirely in French in a university in Paris, so I have some experience living and studying in the city. I have the DELF B2, and I am studying to pass the C1 level next June. Moreover, I was a volunteer in Kenya for two months in 2017, teaching kids in the slums. This is basically all my international experience apart from travel vacations.

I don't know if it is worth mentioning but I have dual citizenship Brazilian-Portuguese, which makes it easier to work in the EU after graduation.

My main concern is my GMAT score, specially the Q45. HEC MIF is highly competitive, and I'm afraid a lower than average score can hurt my chances at admission.
I would truly appreciate an evaluation of my profile and any advice on whether I should retake the exam.

Thank you!
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V39
GPA: 3.3

Show Tags

New post 26 Sep 2019, 18:28
Hi, Please evaluate my profile for an MBA for the HEC Paris September 2020 Intake.

Male, 27 years old, India

Graduation :
Bachelors of Science in Information Systems Management with a second major in Finance.

College : Singapore Management University
GPA : 3.23
GMAT : 720(Q 49, V 39)

Work Experience : 4 years total in United Overseas Bank Singapore
Started off as a Management Trainee and promoted twice to reach Manager (Equivalent to Senior Associate or Assistant Vice President in other banks)
Role : Business Analyst for the UOB Digital Bank Initiative. Worked on launching the digital bank in Thailand and now working on launching it in Indonesia

International Experience/Exposure
1. Studying and Working in SIngapore for the past years. Currently my team consists of people from 6 different nationalities.
2. Frequent travel to Thailand and Indonesia for work
3. Backpacked through most of SE Asia before starting work

Co Curriculars :
1. Started a TEDx conference in college. Also started a few other initiatives in College geared towards getting non-inidian students to explore the indian business environment
2. Play and Occasionally coach my office football team
3. Trekking up volcanoes. Covered 9 volcanoes in the last 4 years

What would you say are my weak spots for an HEC application and how can I improve ?
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Profile Evaluation HEC Paris - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here   [#permalink] 26 Sep 2019, 18:28

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   [ 207 posts ] 

Profile Evaluation HEC Paris - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: sjas31