GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 23 Aug 2019, 23:58

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

profile evaluation indian/f/21

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
profile evaluation indian/f/21  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Aug 2019, 09:46
Hi need an evaluation of my profile.
Wanting to go for MSC Marketing in Europe next year.

Education
10th IGCSE 84.3%
12th HSC 89.4%
Have just completed an integrated course of Distance B.comfrom Mumbai University ; 1st year 73% 2nd year:71% (TYBCOM result awaited) and a 3 year diploma in Business management and Entrepreneurship; final year gpa 8.5/10

Achievements
Was awarded 75% scholarship to study undergraduate course.
Leader of the winning team in marketing project competition- tested on marketing skills and marketing plan for a new business
Awarded for "Excellent Contribution" towards school
Selected for scholarship to visit New York for content writing

Have done 2 internships and 1 part time job for a year as digital and content marketing associate.

Giving gmat in October.
Avanti Prep Admissions Consultant
S
Re: profile evaluation indian/f/21  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Aug 2019, 18:42
Hi Palakbothra,

Thank you for your post. There is not a ton of information to go off of here (and your GMAT score is not yet known), but I will offer a few preliminary thoughts.

As you begin to research schools, my suggestion would be for you to look up and analyze each program's class profile -- and even build a tracking spreadsheet with details for each. Pay special attention to average GMAT scores and GMAT score ranges, as well as to the amount of work experience that students have at each of the different programs. On the GMAT score front, you will generally want to score *above* the average for target programs. It's okay to reach for others where your score is average or a hair below -- and, on the other hand, to consider applying to some where your score is well above average (as somewhat / potentially safer options) -- but the pool of Indian applicants to business-oriented masters programs is crowded and competitive, so aiming above the average is a good initial target. On the work experience side, make sure you note which programs target students who are coming right out of undergrad. Some will, while others will want you to have a couple or a few years of work experience. Be sure to vet all of that. Finally, try to research where graduates from the programs you're looking at go on to work -- which countries, which companies, which roles, etc. -- and whether these employment results align with your interests goals. This will help you get a sense for whether a certain school is a good fit for you from a career opportunity perspective.

I wish you the best of luck!

Thanks,
Greg

To better understand how I work with clients and what they've historically felt were the major benefits of partnering, I encourage you to read through my Client Testimonials, all of which are independently verified by GMAT Club. I believe you'll find the reviews to be among the most transparent and detailed out there, and I believe you'll observe a unique level of time, depth, quality, commitment, attention to detail, and personal care. For serious inquiries, I am happy to connect you with former clients so you can hear about their experiences.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
G
Concentration: General Management, Marketing
Schools: LBS '22, ISB '20, IE '22
GPA: 3.6
WE: Marketing (Entertainment and Sports)
Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: profile evaluation indian/f/21  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 15 Aug 2019, 23:46
hey, its a great profile. A good GMAT score is all you need now.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: profile evaluation indian/f/21   [#permalink] 15 Aug 2019, 23:46

profile evaluation indian/f/21

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: AvantiPrep