GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 09 Dec 2019, 18:42

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

LBS Profile Evaluation Thread - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
Re: LBS Profile Evaluation Thread - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Nov 2019, 23:30
Hi everyone,

I am an Indian-national studying in a top 3 university in Canada looking to apply for the MFA programme at LBS. I was wondering if anyone might be willing to evaluate my profile?

Top 3 Canadian university but an Indian national - received multiple merit-based scholarships in excess of $30k
GPA: 3.5/4.0 (this is my biggest worry)
CFA Level 1 Completed in the 90th percentile
Good extracurriculars including placing 1st in a national-level case competition
4 internships: Private Equity analyst at Canada's 3rd largest pension fund, commercial banking at a big 5 Canadian bank, Equity research associate at a startup, summer student at S&P
Can speak multiple languages including French

What do you think my chances are?

Thanks in advance!
Intern
Intern
Re: LBS Profile Evaluation Thread - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Nov 2019, 11:36
Kindly evaluate the following profile. Just wanted to get an idea I can make it through with this profile and if there is

any possibility of some scholarship.

Indian Male (31) - Targeting 2021 batch

10th : 93% 12th: 91%

Undergrad : Engineering (7.91/10)

First MBA : Marketing (2.99/4)

GMAT 720 (Q:48, V:40) - Planning a retake in Jan'20

Job profile :

1) Present (3.5 years): Working in FMCG industry for past 3.5 years.
Have managed national category development roles for Food categories (preparing and implementing sales strategy for two of

India's largest food brands).
Currently leading a team of 15 members to drive sales in Modern Trade channel for one of the highest growing markets of

India

2) Brand manager (2 years) : Pharmaceuticals (nutritional supplements)

3) Pre MBA (2 years) : Product development in a Japanese auto-maker. Coordinating with Japanese counterparts to prepare,

evaluate and develop products to optimize vehicle performance

Other interests:
1) Part-time author. Have published book of fiction which is live on Amazon and Flipkart and has sold more than 1000

copies.
2) Was co-founder in a digital marketing start-up during first MBA
3) Passionate about portrait photography. Have my own page of black & white portrait photography
4) have participated and won case study competitions organised by some leading MNCs
5) Assisted a NGO in developing programs to spread awareness of HIV in high risk population areas
6) Sponsor one child from HIV affected family to attend evening classes

Internation exposure:
I have spent 2 years in a Japanese MNC where I had to collaborate with my Japanese counterparts on a daily basis

Post MBA aspirations
1) Joining either a product bases organisation or an e-commerce organisation in business development, strategy or

marketing team
2) Joining a consulting group

Thanks in advance.
Intern
Intern
B
Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 18 Nov 2019, 22:01
Request experts to review my profile for admission in LBS program

Background:
Indian Male
Age 30
GMAT 720 (Q51, V35)

Education:
Bachelor of Engineering (Production and Industrial engineering) from one of the NITs
MBA from one of the top 3 IIMs
Looking to do a second MBA

Work Experience: Total 5+ years
Job 1 - Automotive MNC (21 months)

Job 2 - Investment Banking (31 months)
Focused on Consumer and Consumer Tech sector

Job 3 - Private Equity Fund (12+ months)
Mid-market PE fund with focus on resource efficiency, clean energy, renewable

Extra curriculars - Decent extra curriculars, volunteering experience

Post MBA Goal - Continue my passion for investing by working in a larger PE shop
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 01 Dec 2019, 06:53
Hello everyone,

I am a 26-year-old Lebanese male working for a family business operating in the Energy and Power Industry. I act as the Sales & Business Development Manager and have around 5 years of professional experience. I gained significant experience in project management and had many success stories in developing and growing the business to twice what it was 5 years ago (revenue and staff-wise). To briefly illustrate, I attracted new clients, developed and handled all relationships with international suppliers, managed the company’s daily activities in sales, procurement and logistics, and secured contracts (nationally and regionally) for prestigious projects in both the public and private sector.

In addition, I helped in studying the feasibility of investing in an assembly/manufacturing workshop and in founding it. I also took the initiative to establish an internationally recognized quality management system for the business by working closely with a management consulting company on new policies and procedures.

Post-MBA Goal
Expand the family business (nationally and regionally) and establish a division or a separate company that focuses on the smart grid, the industrial digitalization and the renewable energy sector.

GMAT Score
670 (Q48, V34, IR 5) which I scored a couple of days ago. I was not satisfied with my score so I cancelled it. I'm planning to retake the GMAT in 2-3 weeks. My target score is 720+ to increase my chances at top MBA programs.

Education
- BE in Electrical and Computer Engineering from the American University of Beirut
- GPA: 3.64/4.00
- Graduated with distinction

Extracurricular Activities
- I played a lot basketball and almost went pro (not going pro was a personal choice). I played for the Youth National Team, University Varsity Team, High School Varsity Team and one of the country’s most prestigious basketball clubs and have been named MVP several times. I won national championships and captained most of the teams that I was part of.
- Private tutoring university students in engineering, sciences and business.
- Scout member and leader for several years
- Volunteered in two NGOs
- Member in several university clubs

Do you think I have a shot at LBS with my current score?

Thanks!
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38

Show Tags

New post 03 Dec 2019, 05:58
I’d greatly appreciate if my profile could be evaluated. Feedback regarding my chances of getting admitted and tips for improving those odds are welcome. I will try to be brief in order not to take a lot of your time. Thanks in advance.

Personal Info: 25 years old Brazilian (from Salvador).

Education: Undergrad - Law School (not ranked);

UNDERGRADUATE GPA: 7,09/10 (Due to imaturity, since i got into university with 16 years old);
POSTGRADUATE GPA: 9,01/10 (Business Law post grad at the best law school of Brazil);
GMAT: 720 (Q50, V38, IR 7, AWA 5.5);
IELTS: 8.0;

Work Exp: 4 years of exp at matriculation:
2 years as an intern in M&A (boutique law firm);
3 years as an Associate Lawer - M&A (boutique law firm);

Extra Cs: Head of the pro bono practise of the law firm i work;
Member of the Brazilian Bar Business Law Commission;
2 months as an English teacher for AIESEC at Colombia;

Languages: Portuguese (fluent), English (fluent/advanced), Spanish ( intermediate) and French (level c1 - advanced)

Goals: To change my career and break into finance industry (PE or IB).

Best regards,
GMAT Club Bot
Re: LBS Profile Evaluation Thread - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here   [#permalink] 03 Dec 2019, 05:58

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   [ 145 posts ] 

LBS Profile Evaluation Thread - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: Arro44