It is currently 19 Oct 2017, 11:25

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

LBS Profile Evaluation Thread - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V42
GPA: 3.7
WE: Accounting (Accounting)
Re: LBS Profile Evaluation Thread - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 09 Sep 2017, 10:44
Background and nationality: White, UK, Male, 25 (26 at matriculation)
Undergrad Information: V. high 2:1 (69) in Political Science at top London University (think LSE or UCL)
GMAT: 720 (Q: 47, V: 42, IR: 7, AWA: 6)
Work experience and leadership: Big Four M&A Tax (first promotion after qualifying as CA - not possible to be promoted sooner). Hold a leadership role at work amongst junior staff. Rated highly in performance reviews and have been involved with a number of high-profile client events and internal projects relating to the implications of politics (especially recent UK politics) on our services/work.
Community and others: Have an entrepreneurial background - co-founded a start-up at university and was successful as an investor whilst there. Was also a well-regarded player of a particular skill-based game that resulted in prizes and coached others in this game. Today, I continue appraising investments with my brother and also help out to manage the family business. Community-wise: more politically active than a charity person.
Post MBA goals: Investment banking in London
Anything else? Applying round 2. Expect to produce strong essays and to focus on finance as groundwork towards a long-term goal as a FTSE100 CFO

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 2

Re: LBS Profile Evaluation Thread - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 10 Sep 2017, 01:42
This post was
BOOKMARKED
Background
Sex : Male
Nationality : Indian

Education Info
Degree : B.Tech-M.Tech.(Dual Degree), IIT Kanpur
Stream : Mechanical Engineering
GPA : 3.44 (UG), 3.72 (PG)

GRE : 332(170Q, 162V, 4AWA) (equivalent to 760 in GMAT)

Work Experience (total 2 years)
- Started working as a business analyst in a Fortune 500 company(Financial Analytics). – 1.5 years, Also received a few awards while working.
- Then I switched to securities analyst in world’s largest (or one of the biggest) investment bank.- 6 months : I’d try for an promotion this year but seems difficult.

Co-Curricular activities
* Basically not much going on (recently) However, during my undergraduate time, I was part of college society, teaching under-privileged school kids from nearby villages.
* I was part of NCC(National cadet Corps) group of college during first year, where we carried out many awareness rallies in villages and plantation/cleanliness drives.
* I also taught kids from villages during my school for 3 years at my home in my town.

Goal of MBA
* Motivation is to get a job at a PE/VC firm just after the graduation or in a hedge fund as a trader.
* Aspire to be a hedge fund manager or start my own fund in long term.

Is this the right time for an MBA ? Is this even a correct way to achieve what I aim for ?

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 4

GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V41
WE: Military Officer (Military & Defense)

Show Tags

New post 15 Sep 2017, 20:43
shriavi wrote:
Background

Education Info

- Started working as a business analyst in a Fortune 500 company(Financial Analytics). – 1.5 years, Also received a few awards while working.
- Then I switched to securities analyst in world’s largest (or one of the biggest) investment bank.- 6 months : I’d try for an promotion this year but seems difficult.

Co-Curricular activities
* Basically not much going on (recently) However, during my undergraduate time, I was part of college society, teaching under-privileged school kids from nearby villages.
* I was part of NCC(National cadet Corps) group of college during first year, where we carried out many awareness rallies in villages and plantation/cleanliness drives.
* I also taught kids from villages during my school for 3 years at my home in my town.

Goal of MBA
* Motivation is to get a job at a PE/VC firm just after the graduation or in a hedge fund as a trader.

Is this the right time for an MBA ? Is this even a correct way to achieve what I aim for ?

I believe you will seen as too young and inexperienced for an MBA. People with only 2 years of experience do get in, but they are exceptional. There would be too many Indian, male consultants applying with equally high GMAT scores to you, so they will prefer those with more experience.

Have you considered a MiF degree?

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 4

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 16 Sep 2017, 14:41
atulsunilanand wrote:
shriavi wrote:
Background

Education Info

Co-Curricular activities

Goal of MBA

I believe you will seen as too young and inexperienced for an MBA. People with only 2 years of experience do get in, but they are exceptional. There would be too many Indian, male consultants applying with equally high GMAT scores to you, so they will prefer those with more experience.

I applied for MFE last year and got admit from Columbia, couldn't join because of personal reasons but I'm not sure if MFE is the right thing to do if you're planning for a PE/VC job, is it?

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 14

Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
WE: Asset Management (Venture Capital)
LBS Profile Evaluation Thread - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 18 Sep 2017, 10:01
shriavi wrote:
atulsunilanand wrote:
shriavi wrote:
Background

Education Info

Co-Curricular activities

Goal of MBA

I applied for MFE last year and got admit from Columbia, couldn't join because of personal reasons but I'm not sure if MFE is the right thing to do if you're planning for a PE/VC job, is it?

To be perfectly blunt, it's highly unlikely that you'll secure a PE/VC/HF role post-MBA with only 6 months pre-MBA finance experience. An MFE might make more sense as it'll get you a pathway to a more junior finance role (analyst at an investment bank or junior trader), which you can leverage for a different role.

Although fair warning, the pathways into PE, VC, and HFs are all very different, so do your research before you start making moves.

Kudos [?]: 8 [0], given: 14

Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 26

Concentration: Marketing, Operations
GMAT 1: 640 Q48 V31
GMAT 2: 720 Q49 V39
GPA: 4
WE: Consulting (Energy and Utilities)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 07 Oct 2017, 10:52
Hi..I'd love to have some feedback on my profile. Thanks.

Nationality- Indian
Gender- Male
Xth- 84.4%
XIIth – 84.4%
Undergrad- B.Tech. in Mechanical Engineering with 68% (the Topper of the Branch scored 75%) from Institute of Engineering & Technology, Lucknow (a State Government Engineering College)
Post-graduation – MBA in Marketing with 6.72 CGPA from Institute of Management Technology (IMT), Ghaziabad (ranked 12th by Business today 2016 Rankings and 13th by Business India 2016)
Exchange program – 3 months Student Exchange (as a part of the curriculum of IMT Ghaziabad) in Kedge Business School, Marseille, France with an overall CGPA of 7.0
TOEFL- Yet to take
GMAT- 720 ( Q-49, V-39, IR-4 AWA 5)

Post-MBA Goals – I’d love to work in the Consulting Sector after my MBA (specifically Strategy Consulting)

Work Exp :
Currently working as a Senior Consultant with a Big 4 , i.e. PwC India (Energy and Utilities Sector)
I have a total experience of 73 months (around 6 years) with companies such as PwC, Accenture, Tata Motors and Larsen & Toubro in various sectors such as Manufacturing, Automotive, Energy, etc and in various functions such as Consulting, Business Development, Sales Enablement, etc
Key Highlights of Work exp:
• Developed an IT Strategy Roadmap for one of the largest Power Generation companies in India while working with PwC
• End to end Digital Strategy Consulting for Clients in APAC region across Resources Industry Involved in End to end Digital Strategy Consulting for Clients in APAC region across Resources Industry while working with Accenture
• Process Consulting and Continuous Process Improvement for the vendors of Tata Motors in terms of various manufacturing functions such as Operations, Quality, Production planning, Supply Chain and Business Process Re-engineering - Tata Motors
• Successfully increased volume of Tippers from 2800 to 4800 in a record 3 months aiding in increase of market share from 58% to 60% in M&HCV Tipper segment - Tata Motors
• Independently handled Shop floor Operations in Fluidized Catalytic Cracker Unit (FCCU) by inspection of Welded joints I a Refinery Plant in North India - Larsen & Toubro
International Experience
• 3 months Exchange program (during MBA at IMT Ghaziabad) in which I studied Marketing at Kedge Business School which is ranked 33rd in Europe in FT rankings for 2016)
• On site engagement in Accenture for 2 months when I worked on an engagement with a Thai Client based out of Bangkok
• Handled many International Clients in Europe, Singapore, Australia, etc. and worked with the Client teams on a daily basis
• Handled multiple Digital Workshops for Global Clients
• Extensive travel in Europe
Awards and Recognition:
• Received PwC Experience Award for showing exemplary alignment with PwC Values during all the Client Engagements
• Client Appreciation for showing great commitment towards ensuring adequate quality and timeliness of the Engagement
• Finished among the top 5 finalists in “Best Officers Award” in Tata Motors for the financial year 2010-11
• Awarded for conceptualization and preparation of BCG Quality Guidelines for Tata Motors in 2013
• Awarded for “Process adherence in Trailer Design and Manufacturing” in Strategic Process Planning Meet, Lucknow, Tata Motors in the year 2011

Volunteer Experience:
• Taught and mentored underprivileged kids in Lucknow from July, 2010 to May, 2013 through association with an NGO “Make a Difference” spread across 23 cities
• POC (Point of Contact) for Accenture’s CSR initiatives in Bangalore
• Mentored and taught various students at Cheshire Homes, an NGO responsible for providing education in terms of necessary language, IT and communication skills along with career mentorship to disabled children and students
• Worked with various corporates to organize Career fares for Cheshire Homes in Bangalore
• Among the top 10 Volunteers for the PwC Foundation week activities, which are targeted at various NGOs to impart skills, literacy to underprivileged women and children

Extra-Curricular Activities:
• Dramatics
 Finalist in UTV Bindass Street play competition held in Mumbai, judged by Rakeysh OmPrakash Mehra in 2009
 2nd position in “Atkeliyan-annual national level skit competition” at IIT Kanpur in 2007
 3rd position in Culrav, a national level Main Play competition at MNNIT Allahabad in 2007
• Organized Passion’13, an annual inter B-school Management cum Cultural Fest, held at IMT Ghaziabad in 2013
• Co-ordinator of Dramatics event in “Encore” – a national level cultural festival of IET Lucknow in 2008
• Training & Placement Representative of the batch at IET Lucknow during 2005-09

Achievements and Awards:
• Finalist in Neetishastra – a national level Inter B-school Consulting event held at IIM Indore in 2013
• Winner at Boardroom – a national level Inter B-school Consulting event held at Lal Bahadur Shastri Institute of Management, New Delhi in 2015
• Winner in ADZAP – MAD ADS event during Passion’14, an inter B-school event held in IMT Ghaziabad
• Finished among the top 5 finalists in “Best Officers Award” in Tata Motors for the financial year 2010-11
• Awarded for conceptualization and preparation of BCG Quality Guidelines for Tata Motors in 2013
• Awarded for “Process adherence in Trailer Design and Manufacturing” in Strategic Process Planning Meet, Lucknow, Tata Motors in the year 2011

GMAT assassins aren't born, they're made,
Divyabh

Kudos [?]: 1 [0], given: 26

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 08 Oct 2017, 20:43
Hi all!

I'd like to kindly request you for your review of my profile for LBS.

Background:
Male from the Philippines
Age 25
GMAT 700
GPA: 3.19

Education:
Bachelor of Science in Management from a Top 3 School in the Philippines. Was in an honors course which comprises of the top 15% of all students in the university.

Work Experience: Worked 3.5 Years (4 by matriculation)

1st Job - Large International Bank based in London and Singapore
Started out as a graduate trainee in the bank for a 1.5 year program including a 3 month stint abroad doing projects. Left the bank as a project manager handling all project management and governance and control functions for a unit of the bank.

2nd Job - Top 15 Local Bank in the Philippines
Was recruited to help start the Investment Banking (focused on Capital Markets) business of said bank. Part of a 2 man team which grew the office from start-up to becoming a top-10 player in the industry also increasing revenues by 400% y-o-y. Currently Officer in Charge of the division since the retirement of previous boss handling all aspects of the unit from business (originating and executing Capital Markets transactions) to administrative work (Person in charge of the unit for compliance, risk, audit, and other non-business functions.

Extra curricular - Avid traveler. Play a lot of sports (Tennis, Muay Thai, Football etc.), and played some competitively. Consulted for a large local NGO as part of previous internship experience and some volunteering efforts.

Post MBA - Continue working in Investment Banking in M&A or Capital Markets in a large foreign institution. Plan B would be to go into Management Consulting (have previous experience in the field from internships). Long term goal would be to return to the Philippines and join a local bank to lend my skills to improve investment sophistication in the local market and financial literacy among investors.

Thanks all!

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 08 Oct 2017, 23:05
Hello guys!

I am an Indian female, have done my engineering from one of the top 10 colleges in the country, my gpa is little on the lower side.

1. Have been working since December 2015 for my family business. I run a team of around 80 faculties at four educational institutions. I also work as the Management head of the institution which has around 1300 students.

2. I co-own and NGO which works for the welfare of the tribal people. Have been awarded for two consecutive years by MLA and district governing body. Also worked under the district governing bodies for country’s Swachh Bharat Abhiyan and mission Indradhanush.
Organised Blood donation camps.

3. State level player of chess as well swimming. Zonal level athlete.

4. Worked as student coordinator for technical and cultural feat in the college for two consecutive years in the marketing and public relations stream respectively led a team of 80 students.

Chief editor of college magazine.

President of two different clubs at college and led a team of 90 people.

Awarded best speaker in the Model United Nations debate.
Best orator in the South zone.

Kindly evaluate my profile.

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum

Manager
Manager
B

Kudos [?]: 33 [0], given: 77

WE: Engineering (Manufacturing)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 17 Oct 2017, 08:47
I am utterly confused about school selection and need help from experts regarding my admission with scholarship chances at b-schools.
Hope to receive your able guidance. My profile is as follows:

Nationality: Indian
GMAT: 720 (Q49, V40)
TOEFL: 115
Wrok-Ex: 74 months till date
Qualification: Bachelors in Electrical Engg. from Indian University
Industry: Manufacturing

About Employer: My current firm is one of the biggest heavy electricals manufacturing firm in India, semi-government. We are primarily manufacturers in the Power sector and Transportation industry.

My work Profile: Engineering (Locomotives design in the transportation sector. Have been part of many large-scale projects with many team-leading experiences)

Highlight: Currently leading a EUR-47 million project for India's latest locomotives of German design with Indian Railways as clients. Client-side negotiations in technical domain are very common in my profile.

Two work-related revenue-generating initiatives.

*** International Work-Ex: I do not have any experiences of work abroad. However, I am working with a Russian team on a revamping project that I am leading. In the pas, I have had worked on two Make-In-India projects (an initiative of Indian Government towards foreign investments in India) with Japanese teams.
Also, once I was selected for an inspection tour and visited a Japanese firm for a fortnight.
Besides this, I frequently liaise with foreign vendors for procurement of equipment. Most vendors are European.

But EVEN then, I have NOT travelled abroad.

Extra-curriculars are plenty. I have been associated with theatre. I write poems as a hobby. I have had many event-organisational experiences like being the School Head Boy, leading college festivals etc.

Please suggest my chances at following b-schools:

1) LBS
2) INSEAD
3) Cambridge - Judge

4) Harvard
5) Kellogg
6) Haas
7) Fuqua
8) Darden

I would be obliged to receive your help.

Thanks in advance.

Kudos [?]: 33 [0], given: 77

Re: LBS Profile Evaluation Thread - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here   [#permalink] 17 Oct 2017, 08:47

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   [ 69 posts ] 

LBS Profile Evaluation Thread - Post all Profile Eval Requests Here

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderators: OasisGC, aerien, BrushMyQuant

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap