It is currently 20 Oct 2017, 09:42

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Profile evaluation please

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Profile evaluation please [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Apr 2014, 15:42
Hi,

I applied to a couple part time programs in the LA area but I recently retook the GMAT and would like to get an idea on my application if I decide to not go part time and reapply full time next year to matriculate Fall 2015.

Asian American Male, 26 y/o
Graduated from a top 10 liberal arts college with a 2.9 GPA in Economics
GMAT 700 (48Q, 37V, 8IR)

Work Experience:
Over one year as a Project Manager at a small ($200m in rev) liquidation and valuation firm. Managed project teams that consisted from 2-10 people. Laid off due to bad economy.
Worked 1 year at a mid-market investment bank (Jefferies) as an accounting clerk.
Worked 2 years at a Fortune 500 real estate company as an accountant. Promoted last year. Could get another promotion before I apply in fall 2014.

Extracurricular:
Pretty much no existent. I volunteered as a big brother about 3 years ago and did that for a year where I mentored a child. I sign up to read to elementary school aged kids once every few months.

I plan on applying R1 and R2. Post MBA plan is to go into either consulting or corp finance.

Thank you for taking the time to look at my profile! I am targeting schools ranked in the 20s and late teens (USC, Georgetown, Texas, Rice, etc.) and was wondering how realistic that is.

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Expert Post
Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant
Affiliations: Veritas Prep

Kudos [?]: 182 [0], given: 3

Re: Profile evaluation please [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 08 May 2014, 12:46
You should have a good shot at those schools and might even consider reaching for Marshall, or even Anderson. You have relevant experience with a leadership component to boot, a top 10 UG record (albeit lower GPA) and a top 10% GMAT score. As long as you can forge a compelling post MBA plan which will leverage your career achievements, you will bode well in the application process at your target list and possibly even with your reach schools. The key will be in the passionate conveyance of your plan and why you want the MBA.

Bryant Michaels
Admissions Consultant

Kudos [?]: 182 [0], given: 3

Profile evaluation please

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap