Joined: 18 Mar 2014
WE: Research (Health Care)
, given: 6
Profile Evaluation Please [#permalink]
12 Aug 2014, 23:52
Thanks in advance. I want to target these schools but I dont have much experience not sure if these are good choice. Any help will be appreciated.
I am aiming to get in Health Care consultancy in future.
27 yo Female
Reason for including Canadian universities because of 45k$ scholarships offered by Canadian goverment.
University of Calgary Medical Center (UCMC)
Graduate Research Assistant Sep 2010 – Present
UCMC is an integral part of Foothill Medical center. My research group hosts a multidisciplinary team
of clinicians and scientist with expertise in a wide range of disorders affecting reproductive health.
Our research portfolio spans on the development of the placenta and the heart. They are the earliest
organs to form during gestation, and defects in which are associated with common causes of pregnancy
complications, and fetal and perinatal deaths in humans and animals.
• Initiated and Collaborated with Stanford university and successfully completed the stalled
project with my area of expertise.
• Working on project on inhibiting the development of tumor using placenta mechanism for cell
growth. Total project funding is 800,000 $ with more funding on the way.
• Facilitated monthly meeting between staff to encourage collaboration on various projects.
• Worked with industries like $$$$$$ for testing products on various research projects.
Disaster Management Responder, Red Cross Canada Jan 2013 - till now
The Canadian Red Cross helps vulnerable communities in Canada affected by emergencies and disaster
from situation ranging from house fires, floods to wildfire and hurricanes, which disrupt the entire
• 2 year of disaster & emergency management volunteer experiences at various reception center,
shelters, field & outreach programs.
• Relief and recovery deployment to floods, tornadoes, fires and public health emergencies
Harvard School of Business May 2014 – July 2014
Innovation in Health Care
This course focus on evaluating and crafting business models that attain alignment between an
entrepreneurial healthcare venture and the six factors that critically shape new health care venture-
Financing, structure, Public Policy, Consumers, Technology and Accountability.
• Earned certificate with Distinction after going through various health sector case studies
• Created a business plan with viable competitive strategy for an innovative health care venture
• Lead a team of people for creating a feasible business model.
University of Calgary Sep 2010 – till now
• PhD, Medicine
Allahabad Agriculture University Jun 2003 –June 2008
• Bachelor of Engineering, Biotechnology
• Deans list
I have couple of publications in major journals as well.