Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 06:59 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 06:59

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Own Kudos [?]: 844 [0]
Given Kudos: 92
Send PM
Re: Profile Evaluation Please ( Top 10 US schools) [#permalink]
Expert Reply
sniper27 wrote:
Hi,

Please Evaluate my profile as per the details listed below:

Nationality : Indian
Work Experience :
Years(as of now):- 4 years
* I am working with one of the Big 4 professional services Firm as a Senior Consultant(Just got promoted).
* I work specifically on Enterprise Resource Planning implementation & review projects as a Functional Consultant.
* Worked as Lead consultant in 5 different projects across different functions ( Supply Chain, Financials, Manufacturing)
* Responsible for Presales Activity( Business Development) in North region: working on proposals, visiting prospective clients, developing a broad solution and identifying process gaps.
* I have worked only for Indian clients and worked at 15 client locations. Therefore I have been exposed to real time functioning of both manufacturing and Services Firms.
* Active in Company recruitment drives.

GMAT : 720 ( VA 37(80%), QA 50(94%)). AWA : Awaited

Academics:
Engineer from Top 15 engineering College), GPA: 7.7/10

Certifications:
Certified Supply Chain Professional (CSCP) (91%)
Six Sigma Certified (Green Belt)

Extracurricular:
At College level:
*leadership positions Held:
Vice Chairman, IEEE student Chapter :-
Coordinator- biggest Technical symposium at college.
Organized events having participation in excess of 3200.
Started a robotics class for first years.
Organized first ever International Event with participation from Foreign universities.

*Member, College Lawn tennis team
*Secretary, Annual Community Lunch initiative for local tribals - This was a college sponsored initiative that aimed to uplift suppressed Tribal castes of our region.

Post Graduation:
Coordinator: Event management, Child Education & Public Relations Group, at an NGO(Education Initiative) for past 2 years.
* Increased enrollment for slum children in our school by 40 %.
* Organized public events and informed parents about importance of education & Hygiene.
* Convinced recognized private schools to admit bright slum children.
* Managing NGO Blog, writing articles for yearly magazine and dealing with corporates for sponsorship.

Vice President, Toastmasters Club, New Delhi.
* Day to day meeting management - deciding on theme, tracking projects progress.
* Won best table Topic Speaker at club level. At present competing in the division level contest.
* Competent communicator module completed.

Founding Member, Toastmaster Club in Delhi suburbs.
* the club is still very small in size but we are working hard to increase participation.

Personal Info:
I am an avid reader: world politics, History, Biographies.
I have done really long road trips : Driven across the highest motor-able road in the world( Ladakh, India) and many more.

Career Goals:
Short term: Strategy consulting ( Operations strategy to be specific)

Please let me know ..
1. Is my profile competitive enough for Top 10 US B Schools? What are the major loop holes in my candidacy?
2. Is my GMAT score enough? I am asking this because Indians tend to have the highest GMAT in any incoming class. Will additional 30-40 points create a difference?
3. I do not have any international exposure and it is highly unlikely that my firm will send me for overseas projects? How can I improve on this front?

Thanks!!

Thanks for the inquiry. To answer your questions:

1) Your profile is competitive, but there are lots of people with similar profiles accepted and rejected from top MBA programs. So yes you can apply within the top 10, but also apply to some programs outside of it.
2) Your GMAT score is competitive, especially when considered with your grades. I can't say with certainty that 30-40 points more would make the difference between acceptance and rejection. I actually doubt it in the top 10.
3) You can highlight multi-cultural experiences you have had in India in your travels. If you can seek out work in India that involves working with international teams that would help too.

Check out Best MBA Programs: A Guide to Selecting the Right One.

Best,
Linda
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thank you Linda for the response.

Can you please clarify on your statement: "I can't say with certainty that 30-40 points more would make the difference between acceptance and rejection. I actually doubt it in the top 10".

If I am not wrong, you meant that once above 700, GMAT scores do not make that big a difference.

Regards
Sniper
Own Kudos [?]: 844 [0]
Given Kudos: 92
Send PM
Expert Reply
sniper27 wrote:
Thank you Linda for the response.

Can you please clarify on your statement: "I can't say with certainty that 30-40 points more would make the difference between acceptance and rejection. I actually doubt it in the top 10".

If I am not wrong, you meant that once above 700, GMAT scores do not make that big a difference.

Regards
Sniper

Yes. Once you are at a school's GMAT average and assuming you have good grades, a higher GMAT probably doesn't make much difference in the top 10. It certainly can't hurt you, but it may not make a difference.

Best,
Linda
GMAT Club Bot