Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 20:59 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 20:59

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 91 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 230 [0]
Given Kudos: 59
Schools:Kellogg MBA 2004
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
VP
VP
Send PM
[#permalink]
Expert Reply
Overall, I think you have a pretty strong profile. As you probably know, being an Indian with an IT background puts you into a very crowded, competitive pool of applicants. But having extensive NGO experience (and hopefully being able to show how you truly have passion for these causes) should help you stand out.

If you still want to continue your non-profit work, also consider Yale and Haas, two of the U.S.'s top schools in this area.

Your career goals post-MBA still sound vague to me, though. You want to do management consulting AND non-profit work? One or the other? Do consulting for NGOs? You'll really need to be clear on this when you apply. Jut speaking in vague terms and generalities will be a sure way to turn off admissions officers. You don't need to know exactly what you want to do for the next 10 years, but the more specific you can be, the better.

If you want to get a better feel for what schools you should target, use the Veritas Prep Business School Selector to help you choose a business school.

Scott

Originally posted by quixx23 on 29 Dec 2007, 17:18.
Last edited by quixx23 on 02 Jan 2008, 09:28, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: Profile evaluation -plz [#permalink]
Thanks Scott for your valuable advise.

The NGO that i am now involved in will be part of my life irrespective of my career changes.Please advise how best i can convey this.
VP
VP
Send PM
Expert Reply
You will need to yse your essays and your interview to convey this. Just be sure to make clear what are your career objetcives (the things that you need an MBA to accomplish) and, separately, what are your passions in terms of community service.

Scott
GMAT Club Bot