Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 00:24 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 00:24

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Kudos
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
WE:Analyst (Venture Capital)
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 844 [0]
Given Kudos: 92
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
WE:Analyst (Venture Capital)
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 844 [0]
Given Kudos: 92
Send PM
Re: Profile Evaluation request! [#permalink]
Expert Reply
ananddas1984 wrote:
Accepted.com wrote:
ananddas1984 wrote:
Hi,

Kindly request you to evaluate my profile suitability for MBA (Finance) from top-B Schools. In brief, I am a CFA charter holder and MBA (Finance) major from an Indian University, with majority of work experience in the US Private Equity space.

Target Programs - Columbia, Stern, Duke, INSEAD and LBS (M-Fin.)

GMAT Score: 700 (9/18/13)
Quant: 49
Verbal: 36

Nationality - Indian
Education:
Chartered Financial Analyst - CFA, USA (2008-10)
MBA (Major - Finance) - NMIMS, Mumbai (Indian CGPA grade: 3.31/4.00)
Under-graduation: Bachelors of Engineering (Electronics) (Indian percentage: 74.4%, with distinction)

Work Experience:
Total: 6.5 years (primarily based out of India)
Most Recent (4 years 3 months): Working for a Indian arm of a mid-market New York based Private Equity firm as a Senior Analyst. Significant hands on experience at every stage of investment life cycle – from deal sourcing, execution to exit across diversified industry verticals. Roles and responsibilities spanning from Company Valuations, financial modeling , deal screening and Industry research as well as Portfolio Company Analyst. Extensive global exposure with multiple assignments completed related to deal diligence and Portfolio Company specific projects across United States and Canada.
Recognized as Analyst of the Year multiple times in my tenure.

Prior: (1 year 1 month): As part of a KPO firm, Investment Banking Analyst for a fortune-500 client focused on US Telecom, Media and technology markets.
Pre-MBA work-ex (10 months): As a software developer with one of the largest US based IT firm.

Reason for MBA (2nd) now: I wish to build upon my private equity work experience and education background (predominantly finance) to further my career in private equity space itself. While my primary role so far in private equity space has been concentrated towards deal analysis and portfolio company management, I wish to make a lateral shift towards fund raising, deal sourcing and deal execution in the short-term, and this is where a major in Finance from top universities will help me out. In addition, pursuing MBA from a top-notch university will primarily aid me most in pursuing more global opportunities in Private Equity space.

Thank you,

You have a shot at all your target programs with the most likely acceptance being Duke. Your GMAT is a little low for the others, but everything else is strong. Have you considered Booth or Yale?

Linda

Thanks Linda - for the honest feedback. I was not too sure of Booth as my GMAT score seems to be a bit on the lower side. I had not researched a lot on Yale, but given by career interests in private equity filed, do you think Yale will be a good choice? One more request, which other programs will be appropriate for me to consider in light of my profile and future career interests.

Thank you,

Booth would be a stretch for you, but it would really help your career. Yale is a major feeder school for investment banks and finance. I'm not sure of its strength in PE. You may have to make the move to PE in your second or third post-MBA job.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Profile Evaluation request! [#permalink]